Sneeze Fetish Forum

Kaze Wo Hiku

@Juto and SCW, glad you both liked it :)

I wrote this like days ago and forgot to post it, whoops! XD

Title: Running Out Of Time Part 1

Prompt: Hello by Adele

Pairing: Vincent/Emmett

Vincent Rathborn-25, 6’2” Short spiked black hair, brown eyes, normally wears colored contacts to make his eyes red. Medium skin tone. Goatee sometimes goes with a full beard. Musician. Rocks the gothic-chic look, no white makeup but does wear eyeliner, normally wears all black. Slight allergy to cats, no others.

Emmett Cullen- 22, 5’10” Reddish/brown hair, green eyes. Pale complexion. Bad seasonal allergy and asthma, needs an inhaler. A lot of times his allergies lead to him getting sick which is not good for him, fairly weak immune system. Works at a local coffee bar.

They met in college and dated for a few years but then Vincent broke it off, this takes place 6 months after they broke up.

~~~~

Emmett trudged through the park, it was going to cost him but it cut five minutes off his walk home and right now all he wanted was a hot bath and something stronger than coffee. Spring was in full bloom, much to his dismay, but today was a fairly chilly day and work had been awful.

Ekshew!

Not even half way through the park this time.

Ekshew!

Ekshew!

“Bless you, Em.” A familiar voice said. “Still fighting allergies I see.”

Emmett whipped around, “Vince?” His shock quickly turned to anger. “What to do want?”

“I...I want to see you.” His former boyfriend said coming closer.

“Fine you did now leave.” Emmett looked away bringing his hand to his mouth.

Ekshew!

Ekshew!

Ekshew!

He swore internally, he had not brought any tissues with him and his trip through the park was now at a halt.

“Come on, please just...” Vincent stepped closer but Emmett backed away heading towards his apartment.

“What?” He hated how his voice sounded now plus his eyes were starting to water. “You come back to see how I’m managing since you left?” He sniffed “Fucking great, now go away.”

Ekshew!

Ekshew!

“Bless you. Listen can we just...” Vincent’s trademark red eyes were not what Emmett wanted to see right now. Too many memories came flooding back.

“No we can’t, just leave.” Emmett wiped his eyes on his sleeve. “I don’t want to see you again. Ever.” He turned walking away leaving his ex-boyfriend standing there. He needed to get out of the park, back to his apartment and take some medicine.

Ekshew!

Ekshew!

Damn you Vince! Emmett thought as he downed his allergy medicine and fell back onto his bed. Damn you.

~~~~

These two will return, I'm kinda crushing on Vince at the moment. Comments?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking this too much already... Kaze, what magic do you use on us poor virtuel campers??

Imma just scoop Emmett up and keep him safe for all eternity! (I always have a weak spot for the sick and cute! :blush: )

And Vincent is an interesting character..l feel free to post more :D

Hmm... I heard the entirety of Hello today for the first time. Seems to fit the lyrics so far. I'll be interested to see how this progresses. :)

Ugh I desperately need to write some fluff...or at least something that wasn't MC...so Barrett and Aiden are back again after I poked Juto for a prompt. She wanted sick!Aiden and caretaker!Barrett. I think this is how it's going to be with them. Not entirely sure I don't really have a backstory on either of them at the moment. No sneezing in this, sorry. Enjoy!

Title: The Show Must Go On

Prompt: Killer Queen by Queen

Pairing: Barrett/Aiden

~~~~

“Aiden, you up?” Barrett cracked the bedroom door open, “It’s not like you to sleep in especially with Star Jezebel’s after party in a few hours.” He walked into the room to see his partner buried under the covers of their bed. “Aiden?” As he nudged his boyfriend an arm came out smacking away his hand.

Barrett sighed, “It’s going to be one of those days again isn’t it.”

Covers flew off; Aiden sat up, hair a ruffled mess, glaring at the taller man. “Not loving your tone there, Barrett.” He snapped his partners name something he only did when he was angry.

Before Barrett could defend himself Aiden made an awful face and cleared his throat. “Sorry Retty, throat hurts a bit.”

“Well why didn’t you just say so. I’ll get some lozenges and water.” He turned leaving the room.

Aiden massaged his throat with his hand, was it his imagination or did his glands feel swollen. This was not what he needed.

Barrett returned with the water which did not make Aiden’s throat feel much better but the honey-eucalyptus cough drops did. Barrett felt Aiden’s forehead then gave him a look. Aiden sighed nodding. Barrett went in the bathroom for the thermometer.

“100.5, not awful but I’ll grab some Advil so it hopefully doesn’t go up.”

“Thank you Retty.” Aiden croaked as Barrett left the room.

Why today Aiden, why. You can’t miss tonight. He fell back onto the bed staring at the ceiling. Barrett returned and Aiden swallowed the medicine with the rest of the water.

“Listen.” Barrett said after a minute. “I know I can’t talk you out of going tonight, so I won’t even try. Just promise me you’ll try to go easy on yourself and not be...well...you.”

Aiden scoffed which hurt more than he wanted to admit. “The public expects Aiden Summerville, so I can’t make any promises. And not be a total grouch to you today either.” He smiled, his cheeks showing the faint signs of his fever. Barrett rubbed his boyfriends back.

“I don’t believe you but I’ll try.”

Aiden did not keep this promise very well. More times than admitted Barrett found himself on the end of one of Aiden’s rants. Being sick and Aiden never made for a lovely couple to begin with. But Barrett took it all in stride; he knew Aiden was under immense pressure to be “Aiden” tonight.

“Coat or no coat” Aiden held up what matched the ensemble he was wearing. Barrett tried to ignore how pale Aiden was beginning to look.

“Take it just in case you get cold, if you don’t I’ll hold it.” Barrett replied.

Aiden threw him a smile and the coat.

Star Jezebel’s runway after party was being held at the Benedict Art Institute. As much as Aiden had wanted to go to the actual show itself, he just couldn’t muster the strength. His sore throat was starting to produce a dry cough which even with cough drops wasn’t helping. He had shot Star a text about needing to collaborate with another designer on a project and promised to make the party. Sick or not Aiden Summerville never turned down a good party.

He and Barrett arrived about an hour after the official party started. Aiden always needing to showboat dyed his hair red for the occasion, a look Barrett did not approve of.

As the evening progressed Barrett started noticing Aiden’s voice slipping from him. So he just kept providing lozenges and water to his partner. During a brief lull in the party Aiden pulled Barrett into an alcove.

“Retty, I need the coat.” Aiden’s voice had a slight shake to it.

“Yes, dear.” Barrett slipped it onto his shoulders. “This way makes you more sophisticated.” He added with a smile.

“Honey I am so wearing off on you.” Aiden turned coughing into his fist.

“Water?” Barrett asked. Aiden just sighed then nodded.

Barrett returned water in hand. Aiden swallowed it wincing as it ran down his raw throat.

“We can leave if you want?” But the look Aiden shot Barrett answered that question.

“I can make it, just a few more hours.” Aiden said wiping his brow. “I’ll be fine.”

Barrett held his tongue, last thing he needed was grumpy Aiden on his back so he just hung back as normal keeping an eye on his partner who still despite not feeling well captivated everyone he came in contact with. Barrett made sure Aiden stayed hydrated; with all the people the ballroom of the Institute was quite warm, so he was always ready with water.

Finally around midnight Aiden told Barrett he physically had enough which was music to his ears, Aiden’s complexion had paled greatly since arriving.

“Darling it is always a pleasure to see you.” Aiden said hugging Star. “Next time I promise to make the runway show but you know how clients can be.” They both laughed and Star excused herself.

Barrett nearly needed to catch his partner after Star left.

“Aiden!” Barrett helped Aiden to a nearby bench pressing his lips to Aiden’s forehead. “You’re burning up.”

“Retty...” Aiden’s eyes glazed looking up at Barrett.

“I got you, come on, there’s already cabs waiting outside, we’ll be home in no time.” Barrett was basically holding Aiden up at this point.

The cab ride must have helped since Aiden was able to walk with Barrett only supporting half his body weight. Inside their apartment Barrett got him to the couch. Aiden, exhausted simply lay down. He felt Barrett poke him to which he almost yelled but then he remembered how much his boyfriend had helped him tonight.

“This will help your fever and I have some cough medicine too.” Aiden took both without argument. Barrett returned to the couch sitting so Aiden could lay his head on his lap.

“You’re a handful you know that right.” Barrett said stroking his boyfriend's face.

“Retty...did I manage to be my usual sassy showboating self tonight.” Aiden’s eyes fluttered closed.

“Of course you did baby...with my help.” Barrett replied but Aiden was already asleep.

~~~~

That was great. And the fever - ouch - I really feel it in my fingertips. Nice drabble. :)

Hee, hee Aiden reminds me of myself. When I get sick I'm nasty to everyone.

Fever, swollen glands, sore throat: 3 out of 4 signs of strep throat. Hope he didn't give it to everyone at the party and Barrett as well. :)

I like the idea of having someone who is actually, you know, grumpy when they're sick. Usually on here you just see the usual sick and sweet type, but this is more realistic. I love it!

These two are definitely growing on me. At first I really didn't like Retty as a nickname. But I've grown to really like it. It's adorable, and suits them. Your writing is fantastic as always.

That was great. And the fever - ouch - I really feel it in my fingertips. Nice drabble. :)

Thanks! I love a good fever scene.

Hee, hee Aiden reminds me of myself. When I get sick I'm nasty to everyone. Fever, swollen glands, sore throat: 3 out of 4 signs of strep throat. Hope he didn't give it to everyone at the party and Barrett as well. :)

Oh dear XD Here's hoping he didn't either.

I like the idea of having someone who is actually, you know, grumpy when they're sick. Usually on here you just see the usual sick and sweet type, but this is more realistic. I love it!

Grumpy!Aiden is definitely fun to write, it grew on me after the 2nd drabble, though he's pretty grumpy with Barrett in the first one. He's a diva, what can I say.

These two are definitely growing on me. At first I really didn't like Retty as a nickname. But I've grown to really like it. It's adorable, and suits them. Your writing is fantastic as always.

I did that on purpose since how straight laced Barrett is in the first drabble, I wanted something that would make him cringe if he heard anyone else besides Aiden say it. Barrett isn't huge on nicknames but Aiden gets a pass (more than Cordelia does). And thank you!

Awwwwww sick Aiden!!! Such a showboat diva!!

I love how he alternated between being grumpy!sick and sassy!sick! Haha

Aww, and Barrett being the perfect and most supportive BF! *adoring sigh* just sooooo sweet!!!

Retty, I need the coat. Aidens voice had a slight shake to it.

Yes, dear. Barrett slipped it onto his shoulders. This way makes you more sophisticated. He added with a smile.

Honey I am so wearing off on you. Aiden turned coughing into his fist.

Hahahahahaha this was great!! Ahh, the dialogue is just great!!

Also, loved the Killer Queen prompt! So very fitting!!! :heart:

love how he alternated between being grumpy!sick and sassy!sick! Haha
Aww, and Barrett being the perfect and most supportive BF! *adoring sigh* just sooooo sweet!!!

Barrett deserves an award XD

Decided to show Vincent and Emmett some love.

~~~~

Title: Running Out of Time Part 2

Prompt: Go It Alone - Beck

Pairing: Vincent/Emmett

The next few days were not any better for Emmett. His spring allergies gave him no peace and he had no time saved to call off work. Thankfully they had been slow and the manager on duty gave him the rest of the day off. Only problem was now his paycheck would be lighter.

Emmett rubbed his running nose on his sleeve as he crossed through the park again. It made no difference he was already miserable what did a few extra flowers hurt.

Ekshew!

Ekshew!

His eyes watered each time he sneezed, so now he had to wipe not only his nose but his eyes on his sleeve. Why hadn’t he grabbed tissues before leaving work? Sighing he felt another round of sneezing forming.

Ekshew!

Ekshew!

Ekshew!

Ekshew!

“You forgot to take your meds again didn’t you?”

Emmett groaned and just continued walking, this was the third time in a week Vincent had met him while walking home.

“How did you even k-know I’d be...”

Ekshew!

Ekshew!

“B-be here?” Emmett hated that he could not keep his voice steady around his ex. “Are you stalking me?”

Vincent got up off the garden wall he had been sitting on. Emmett looked away, even after six months he still longed for Vincent. The first few years in college when they started dating had been some of the happiest of his life. Sadly with Vincent being a musician he left for long periods of time to travel. This put a strain on their relationship since Emmett was bit jealous and never understood why Vincent always had to be on the road. Six months ago Vincent finally had enough ending their nearly 3 year relationship.

It had broken Emmett. He would never admit it to Vincent but he had fallen so ill after that he spent time in the hospital. Emmett never wanted to hurt like that again.

“No.” Vincent replied wearing his traditional all black outfit. This time he donned red suspenders. “As I keep saying, I wanted to see you. I was hoping we could talk.”

“I hav-ve nothing t-to say...” Emmett’s voice hitched not giving a chance to finish.

Ekshew!

Ekshew!

Ekshew!

Ekshew!

His chest was starting to ache, he needed his inhaler.

“Emmers...”

“Don’t ever call me that again!” Emmett screamed at Vincent causing passersby to stop and look.

“Okay, okay calm down.” Vincent looked around, “You’re causing a scene.”

Emmett hunched over the yelling had not helped his already ragged breath. His lungs now refused air.

“Emmett!” Vincent ran over grabbing him, “Stop, stop fighting me, seriously you’re going to get the cops called on me. Relax please; we need to get you home.”

Vincent’s smooth voice was calming. Emmett looked up into those deep brown eyes he had stared into so many nights. All his thoughts about not wanting to see Vincent ever again started to fade.

He knew he would regret this, “Okay.” He agreed holding onto his ex-boyfriend.

TBC

~~~~

Comments, thoughts? Requests you'd like to see from either these two or Barrett and Aiden?

I think Emmett needs to stop walking through the park. I'm not sure if anything good comes of it.

Emmett!” Vincent ran over grabbing him, “Stop, stop fighting me, seriously you’re going to get the cops called on me. Relax please; we need to get you home.”

Vincent’s smooth voice was calming. Emmett looked up into those deep brown eyes he had stared into so many nights. All his thoughts about not wanting to see Vincent ever again started to fade.

See what I mean?

I think Emmett needs to stop walking through the park. I'm not sure if anything good comes of it.

Emmett!” Vincent ran over grabbing him, “Stop, stop fighting me, seriously you’re going to get the cops called on me. Relax please; we need to get you home.”

See what I mean?

Uh-huh yeah! Exactly!

Nothing good could possibly come off it!

But now Vincent gets to take him home and get him his meds and talk to him and ahhhhhhh :heart: why are these so adorable??

I'd like to see more with these two please :D or Sassy Aiden :D

For scw who wanted image conscious Aiden and Juto who always wants sassy!Aiden

~~~~

Title: A Loaded God Complex

Prompt: Sugar, We’re Going Down Swinging - Fall Out Boy

Barrett knew tonight was not going to go well for him. Aiden had been in their bathroom for over an hour yelling obscenities at the mirror. They were scheduled to go to dinner with Barrett’s twin sister Cordelia, nothing huge. However any night out was a chance to showboat for Aiden, problem was he’d caught a cold a few days ago which was the basis of his temper tantrum in the bathroom.

Aiden’s cold caused his nose to run like mad turning it a lovely shade of red. Aiden had thrown a pillow at Barrett when he had initially made the comment. Aiden Summerville would not be seen in public with a “Rudolph” nose as he so eloquently put it. The bathroom fiasco was his attempts to trying to cover it up.

Another ten minutes passed when Aiden came huffing out of the bathroom his face nearly the color of his raw nose.

“I’m not going.” He said which Barrett heard as ‘I’d bot towing.” He held back a smile. Aiden despised being sick and became an awful prima donna when he was but goodness he was still adorable. His medium length blonde hair ruffled around his face just made him look like a little boy upset that someone had stolen his toys.

Barrett folded his hands together completely not surprised by his boyfriends statement. “I won’t make you, but I have to, I’ve been promising Cordy for weeks. This is the first time either of our schedules allowed it. I haven’t seen her since the Masquerade party and I wasn’t exactly nice to her that night.”

Aiden’s eyes widened, “You’re leaving me?” Even through all the congestion Aiden’s voice reeked with dejection. He ran his hand across his nose causing it to flare.

Barrett rose from the chair he’d been sitting in walking toward his partner. “Darling, it’s just dinner.” He put his hands on the shorter man’s shoulders but Aiden would not meet his gaze. “Here get into bed, I’ll bring you a fresh box of tissues and you can watch Netflix until I get home.” Aiden remained still sniffing pathetically.

“Aiden...” Barrett knew he was in a losing battle.

His boyfriend turned away quickly.

Ah’tschoo!

Ah’tschoo!

Ah...Ah’tschoo!

“Excuse me.” Aiden’s voice cracked, he slowly walked over to the bed. Barrett pulled out his phone, he’d rather deal with an upset sister over a crabby Aiden anyday.

“Cordy? Yeah it’s me. Listen about tonight...yeah...the Queen is sick.” Barrett ignored the glare Aiden shot over his shoulder at him. “I’ll make time next week I promise. Thank you and I’ll tell him. Bye” Barrett finished the call and walked over to his partner who was lying on his side not facing him. “Cordy hopes you feel better.”

He watched Aiden’s body tense suddenly.

Ah’tschoo!

Ah’tschoo!

His partner sniffed hard, looking for the box of tissues. Barrett pulled it within reach, Aiden grabbed several wiping his poor nose.

“Thank you Retty.” Aiden said quietly. Barrett sat down on the other side of the bed, Aiden curled up next to him. “Sorry I’m so miserable.” He raised his tissues again.

Ah’tschoo!

Ah...Ah’tschoo!

Tschoo!

“I hate being sick.” Aiden tried blowing his nose but it gave little relief.

“I know darling, I know.” Barrett pulled the comforter over his boyfriend.

“I’ll try not to be a bother.” Aiden rubbed his nose with tissues letting out an audible groan.

Barrett could not stop the laugh escaping him. “Aiden my dear, then I’d be truly worried you were more than just sick. You’re always a bother but that’s another reason why I love you. I’ll get you whatever you need.” He rubbed Aiden’s back.

“You’re the best, Retty.” Aiden sighed closing his eyes.

You’re damn right. Barrett said to himself smiling.

~~~~

I heart these two.

For scw who wanted image conscious Aiden and Juto who always wants sassy!Aiden

This was such a delicious combination. Feel free to explore that some more... Although I do feel like it's poor Barrett's turn to get some sassy-queen-lovin' (whether he wants it or not! Poor thing! I feel sorry for him already!) :whistle: never miiiiiiiiiind :lol:

yelling obscenities at the mirror.

Hahahaha ahhhh don't we all!

Darling

:heart: :heart: :heart:

My favourite word in the world! In case you didn't know ;)

Barrett pulled out his phone, he’d rather deal with an upset sister over a crabby Aiden anyday.

Awwww.... Isn't he just the cuuuutest!!?? Uhm yes! Yes he is :D

Hahah awwww damn right he's damn right!!

I adore these Kaze :) his royal-showboat-ness never fails to put a smile on my face :D

Although I do feel like it's poor Barrett's turn to get some sassy-queen-lovin' (

I do feel Barrett is going to need to have Aiden take care of him soon espc since he's put up with so much lately XD Glad you liked Mr. Showboat :)

Another ten minutes passed when Aiden came huffing out of the bathroom his face nearly the color of his raw nose.

“I’m not going.” He said which Barrett heard as ‘I’d bot towing.”

Awww! Poor baby! :wub:

“Cordy? Yeah it’s me. Listen about tonight...yeah...the Queen is sick.” Barrett ignored the glare Aiden shot over his shoulder at him.

Hahaha!!! If the shoe fits, Princess...

“I hate being sick.” Aiden tried blowing his nose but it gave little relief.

“I know darling, I know.” Barrett pulled the comforter over his boyfriend.

“I’ll try not to be a bother.” Aiden rubbed his nose with tissues letting out an audible groan.

Barrett could not stop the laugh escaping him. “Aiden my dear, then I’d be truly worried you were more than just sick. You’re always a bother but that’s another reason why I love you. I’ll get you whatever you need.” He rubbed Aiden’s back.

“You’re the best, Retty.” Aiden sighed closing his eyes.

Again, more awww!!! :wub:

I heart these two.

Me too! :heart::heart:

Thanks Kaze! Loved it! :clapping:

Also idk if I mentioned but I really like your Emmet and Vincent pieces. I really want to know if they work things out in some way.

I do plan on writing them again as soon as I get some time, I'd like to see how they progress as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Birthday drabble for hedgehog! Hope you like it. :hug: (I will tackle Vin/Em eventually too...)

Title: Now We’re Stressed Out

Prompt: Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots

“Retty??” Aiden’s falsetto voice rang out through the apartment as he stepped inside. “Darling sorry I’m so late, I did mean to leave earlier but then one thing led to another and well the wine kept flowing so...Retty?”

Aiden suddenly realized his partner was not at his desk. Curious, the blonde checked kitchen, living room, and computer room. He knew Barrett was home, he’d texted him earlier. Barrett had a monster of a case he’d been working on so he pulled several all nighters at the office over the past two weeks. He felt beyond stressed due to it. Finally Aiden had convinced, well threatened was the more appropriate word, him to bring his work home.

Aiden’s temper began to rise, maybe Barrett had just texted that knowing his boyfriend would not be home tonight. Throwing his jacket onto the chair, Aiden opened the door to the bedroom. He quickly regretted his decision. Barrett lay on the bed, half covered by the comforter. His suit coat lay over him. Aiden smiled walking up to his boyfriend. As he ran his hands through Barrett’s black hair something was amiss.

Frowning Aiden put his hand on his partner’s forehead. “Oh Retty.” He said sadly. Aiden turned the lamp near the other side of the bed on hoping it would not wake Barrett. Bending down the blonde got a better look. Small sweat beads had formed around his boyfriend’s hairline. Barrett’s breathing was harder than normal but Aiden determined it was probably due more to exhaustion. His cheeks had a mild pink tint to them. As Aiden removed the suit coat, Barrett shivered, pulling himself into a ball.

“Even sick you’re adorable.” Aiden said quietly pulling the comforter up tucking it in around his partner. Barrett relaxed in his sleep.

Aiden rinsed a washcloth in the bathroom laying it gently on Barrett’s brow. His boyfriend tensed but did not wake up.

Aiden changed then slowly got into his side of the bed, Barrett adjusted turning to Aiden.

“Aiden?” His voice was weak.

“Right here my dear.” Aiden once again ran his fingers through Barrett’s hair.

Barrett attempted to open his eyes but his lids only fluttered. “Don’t push yourself Retty, you have a slight fever. I know you’re exhausted from work. Just rest darling.” Aiden said softly.

Barrett muttered something incoherent, reaching out for Aiden’s hand before drifting back to sleep.

“Love you, Barrett.” Aiden smiled down at his boyfriend.

Awwww, this one is very cute. Thank you so much, kaze! :heart::hug: I like how Aiden is looking for him in the begin. They are a delightful pair. Poor Barrett. let's hope, he'll feel better soon. (Or not... :whistle2: )

As much as i adore sick, grumpy and still showboating

Aiden, this side of him is really quite sweet too :P

“Even sick you’re adorable.”

Right here my dear.” Aiden once again ran his fingers through Barrett’s hair.

Awwww :heart: why do I always melt when I read your stories?! :)

Oh so sweet. I love it when caregiving happens on the sly, such as when the other person is asleep. It makes me feel all squishy inside. :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

Birthday drabble for scw, who requested something early in Aiden and Barrett's relationship. Happy (a day late) birthday!!! :hug:

~~~~

Title: Not Looking My Best Tonight

Prompt: How Can I Say by Erasure

Hay fever was not something that normally bothered Aiden. At times during the spring the designer would have a few miserable days but normally a few doses of allergy medicine took care of it. That is if he remembered to take it early enough.

Today even after waking up sniffling, an all-day meeting, a rushed lunch then a conference call that had gone far too long, Aiden had forgotten.

He scrutinized his reflection in the mirror cursing his red, puffy eyes. On any other night he'd have simply drawn a bath to relax. However tonight was supposed to be his third date with Barrett. The diva was not about to have his possible new beau see him in this state.

Ah’tschoo!

Ah..ah’tschoo!

Aiden sniffed then sighed pulling out his phone. Barrett would understand as this wasn't serious. The blonde dialed waiting for an answer.

“Law Offices of Williams, Noble and Oswald.” A female voice answered.

“Yes I'd like to leave a message for Barrett Chase please?” Aiden did not like how scratchy his voice sounded. “I need to cancel tonight, a touch under the weather.”

The receptionist compiled letting Aiden know she'd give the lawyer the message. Setting his phone on the bed, Aiden rubbed his itchy eyes again causes a few tears to run down his cheeks.

Grumbling Aiden walked into his kitchen grabbing a bottle of wine, without any plans for dinner now he decided to order carry out.

He barely finished his order before the ticklish sensation to sneeze rose.

Ah’tschoo!

Ah’tschoo!

Tschoo!

Aiden bent forward catching them in his hand. Grabbing a cluster of tissues from the box he rubbed his nose. Growling Aiden tossed them into the trash and grabbed his phone again.

About 30 minutes later Aiden sat on his couch, eating Lo Mein and watching Project Runway. A quick look at the clock showed it was 7pm, right when he'd be meeting Barrett. Aiden felt bad but honestly with how different his personality was from the uptight lawyer he wasn’t sure he saw a future.

Really he'd been escaping his last relationship. Nathaniel, who he'd met at a fashion show, shared his passion but the two had been too similar. Dueling divas Aiden had once coined them as. Barrett was reserved with a quiet almost stuck up way about him. Not normal Aiden Summerville fair but he was not about to turn down tall dark and mysterious when Barrett’s sister had introduced them.

Aiden’s trip down memory lane was interrupted as his apartment doorbell rang. Setting his food on the couch the blonde trotted to his door running his hand through his hair hoping he looked better then he felt.

A tall figure in a long coat greeted him. “Hello Aiden.” Barrett Chase replied smiling. The dark hair man wearing a tailored deep blue suit under his coat looked down at the designer. “I got your message sorry you're not feeling well.” The lawyer flashed an apologetic smile.

“Oh,” Aiden still in a bit of shock from his visitor. “I'm fine just allergies bothering me.” It then occurred to the image conscious fashionista how he must look to the impeccably dressed lawyer. Aiden flushed looking away hoping to hide his puffy eyes.

“Anything you need?” Barrett asked.

“No I'll be fine once I get a few doses of medicine in me.” His breath hitched as the pollen from the day still aggravated his nose. Aiden turned his back to the door.

Ah...Ah’tschoo!

Ah’tschoo!

“Bless you.” Barrett pulled a red silk handkerchief from his coat pocket handing it to the shorter man.

“Oh you're a darling.” He replied dabbing his nose.

The taller man smiled. “Keep it.” He brought out another small bag from his pocket. Aiden recognized it from the trendy shop Ambience. “I got you this; it’s their mint bath salts, helps with congestion. I remember you mentioning you like baths.” Barrett’s cheeks hinted a touch of red.

Aiden’s eyes widened as he accepted the bag. “Thank you Barrett that's kind of you.” He sniffed rubbing his nose with the handkerchief.

Barrett said nothing just smiled. A small moment of silence passed before he spoke again. “Anyways I won't keep you, just wanted to see if you were okay. Let me know when you'd like to reschedule our date.” He stepped back into the hallway. “Bye Aiden.” Barrett flashed a perfect smile and headed down the hall.

“Ciao Barrett.” Aiden replied closing the door. A personal visit simply to check on him? A lovely gift based on something Aiden had casually said on their first date? Maybe Barrett Chase was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Archived