Sneeze Fetish Forum

Kaze Wo Hiku

Aww, this breaks my heart, Kaze! Liam gets so snappish when he's anxious (so do I) and Gabriel is so miserable and a Darian cameo! 

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really felt sorry for Gabe in this. :( I kinda wanted to give Liam a dope slap for being so snappy. You have got to save that attitude for when your partner is better.  :rollhmm:

@SpamKey Oh you made my day!  So glad you liked Darian, I always feel weird writing other peoples characters.

@queenieAs do I...hence why Liam does :lol:

@happybunny Thank you! :hug:

@cally Sadly no he can't....

@Seeking Clarity + Wisdom Yeah Liam can have a sharp tongue but it was more due to his anxiety this time.  He made up for it :)

Ok something new, I blame Spamkey since she made new characters and suddenly I started thinking of new characters :lol:  So this is what happened.

River Cantrell: 28 5’7” straight medium length dark brown hair, bright blue eyes, medium skin tone. Rectangle black frame glasses but also wears contacts. Works at a bookstore, stereotypical bookworm/computer nerd. Introvert, keeps to himself. Decent immune system, allergic to dust. Seasonal allergies bother him but nothing awful.  Kinda picture Tommy Dunn in my head for him, just with no scruff

Colin Fairbanks: 36 5’10” short salt and pepper hair, more grey on the sides. Hazel eyes, wears glasses when reading. Light skin tone.  Food critic. Extrovert but only around people he's comfortable with.  Has a tattoo of the initials C.A.F on his inner right wrist. No allergies but gets sick often due to impaired immune system.  Slight germaphobe.  Currently I haven't found anyone who matches my visual of him.

River answered Colin’s ad looking for a roommate they’ve lived together for about 6 months.

~~~~

Title: Too Alone to be Proud

Prompt: You Don’t Know How It Feels by Tom Petty

Characters: River/Colin

The sound of the apartment door opening did not rouse River from his book, knowing it was Colin returning from his outing no need to be concerned.

Ah’tscheww!

Scratch that. River glanced up over the top of his book; Colin stood three steps in from the door expression blank mouth slightly agape. His right hand contained a wad of tissues hung mere inches from his face.

Hh...AHh’xxhhsuh!  Hh’ktschjuh!   “Never ever fails!” Colin angrily slammed the door, a picture hanging near it swung from the force. “I knew taking the subway yesterday was a bad idea, must have picked up something even though I washed my hands immediately when I got home.”  Throwing down his bag the critic walked into the living room collapsing into the leather chair opposite River.  “Why do I even bother leaving this apartment?”

“It would make reviewing restaurants harder unless you changed to an all take out critic.” River’s attention now back to his book. He pitied his roommate’s terrible immune system but also knew Colin’s over dramatic attitude when it came to his health.  Six months in River learned to simply listen and nod every so often letting the food critic vent his frustrations.

“Your humor as always River is impeccable.” Colin replied wiping the moisture from around his nose. “I have a dinner party in three days, I can't miss it.” He slumped back kicking his feet up on the wood coffee table. “Do we have cold medicine?”

“You'd know better than me.” River flipped the page in his book.

Colin lifted his head hoping to meet River’s eyes. “Could you be a lamb and check for me?” The last part ran together, Colin brought his tissues up.  Eehh’ktssheww!  Hheh’xxshjuh! Groaning he forced himself up grabbing the tissue box from the side table.

There were two amenities the older man could not live without, the first was tissues. When River answered the roommate ad and met the eccentric critic the first time Colin vaguely discussed his health issues. River soon found out how vague his new roommate had been. Every room of the quite spacious three bedroom apartment contained at least three boxes of tissues. Even when he wasn't sick Colin kept wads of them on him.  Thankfully he was not a messy person. River never once felt the need to complain over used tissues littering the living spaces. 

Pressing his lips together, River slowly closed his book setting on the armrest of the chair.  Walking down the back hall towards the bathroom he heard Colin’s voice again.

“Also can you turn on my humidifier?”

River shook his head entering Colin’s pristine room flipping the switch for the humidifier which rested on his black frame nightstand next to the four poster bed.  A quick gurgle the machine began to blow mist into the air.  Colin swore by it, River just thought it wasted water and electricity.  Between his tissues, humidifier, and a few other quirks, Colin Fairbanks wasn't your typical roommate.  

River truly didn't mind, the rent was affordable even on his bookstore wages and the apartment was beautiful. He'd never admit it to Colin but River had a sneaking suspicion the successful food critic and writer wasn't looking for extra money but more for company.  His poor health kept him housebound a good majority of the time. The first month River lived in the apartment Colin only left a handful of times all work related. He also became quite sick with the flu giving River his first glimpse into his life.  Although curious the bookworm never questioned Colin on his health, wasn't his business.  

Opening the tall cabinet in the bathroom River rummaged through it finding over the counter cold medicine. Returning to the living room he held out the box of medicine.

“You’re a peach you know that?” Colin smiled up at the bookstore clerk.  River nodded removing his cell from his pocket as it vibrated.

“Shit.” He grumbled while typing a reply.

“Trouble?” Colin lazily looked over at his roommate.

“Call off; they want me to come in early.” Thrusting his cell back in his pocket River crossed the room for the coat closet.

“Oh I'm s-sorry Riv-ver... Hh’xxhhsuh!” Colin blew his nose. “What time will you be back?”

River sighed. Colin was a notoriously light sleeper. However quiet he attempted to come he always managed to wake his roommate except if Colin was on prescriptions.  “Hopefully not late but I make no promises.” He threw on his flannel jacket.

The critic frowned, “If you're past 11:00 please try to be quiet.”

“Colin I'm always quiet, sleep with ear plugs or something.” River replied stuffing his keys into the pocket.

“You know perfectly well they throw off my equilibrium.” His roommate snapped.

Grabbing the door handle River rolled his eyes, “I remember. I'll be quiet.” It was a lie both of them knew it.

“Thank you.” Colin replied wiping his nose again. “Enjoy work.” He flashed a bright but tired smile. River nodded courtly and left.

Already irritated over being called in early River hoped Colin would rest while he was gone so when he did return late his roommate wouldn't be angry.

Wishful thinking.

River stared dejected at the apartment door; it was times like this he wished he could phase through walls like Shadowcat.

Exhausted from the nearly 10 hour shift it was well past 11pm, Colin most certainly was asleep.  Slowly River stuck his key in the lock twisting it producing the familiar snapping sound.  River winced turning the knob delicately sliding the door open. Slipping inside he shut the door quietly. Now came the fun part. River’s room resided further down the hall from Colin’s meaning he had to sneak past the light sleeper’s room every time he came home late.  Normally this wasn't a huge problem; River didn't have much of a social life preferring the company of books to people.  Aside from his book club meetings and work he only left the apartment when needed.  

Starting down the hall, River carefully avoided any spots where the floor creaked, a pattern he'd memorized quickly.  Tiptoeing past his roommates door River breathed a sigh of relief until he heard a hard cough from the other side followed by several wet sneezes.  Well Colin wasn't asleep and River assumed he'd not woken him.  Against his better judgement the clerk knocked on Colin’s door.

“Colin, need anything?”

“Box of tissues please.” Colin’s congested voice answered.  Back tracking into the living room River looked for the box from earlier however it no longer sat on the end table.  A quick look around he spied one resting on the window sill.  Grabbing it he headed back to Colin’s room.  Entering the room the critic lay in bed sitting against several pillows, he wore a grey dressing gown over red pajamas.

He smiled reaching for the box River held out. “Oh you're a lamb.” He hastily plucked several palming them. “In the short time you've been gone I've gone through several boxes.” He brushed the tissues against his nose the edges flaring a dull pink.

River forced a smile, ten hours of work was no “short time” to him.  Colin covered his mouth as a cough escaped him. “Next time I even debate on the subway remind me of this.” He sighed leaning back closing his eyes which River noticed had prominent bags under them.

“Noted.” The clerk replied tiredly stifling a yawn. “Night Colin.” He turned for the door.

“Oh goodnight.” Colin sat up, “Do you work to-o-o... Ah’kktshjuh! Hh’ktschjuh!... tommorrow?” He sniffed then blew his nose discarding the tissues in the trash.

River leaned against the bedroom door. “No. See you in the morning.”  With that he shut it barely making it to his own bed before he passed out.

~~~~

Forgot to mention, Shadowcat is a member of the X-Men, she can walk through walls.

OoooOOOOHHHHHH!!!! So much goodie goodie!!! 

Awww fessor and his "bubble" Poor Gabriel :( how lucky that Dr. Hot Guy was available :P 

It was so sweet and so well written, Kaze, I was smiling non stop at Liam and Darian :lol: those two would have A LOT to talk about with their respective boyfriends :lol: 

AND WHAT IS THIS???!!! A NEW PAIR?? EEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!

Colin sounds like the perfect combination of sweet and sickly Fessor and Diva Aiden :lol: I adore him already. River sounds really interesting and intruiging. I would love to see where you take these two... Roommates :P 

Oh! And giggling at 'lamb' :lol: just awwww..... 

Awwww he calls him lamb :heart: I'm never gonna get tired of that :D

(sorry for accidentally making you create these two cuties... actually, no, I'm not sorry, I love them :lol:)

I can't wait to see where these two go! I just love it! I also loved the X-Men reference, that was wonderful :D

Aw! Cute new couple very reminiscent of our camp libreil! I'm interested in knowing more about their lives! Especially river! He seems so quiet.

Ahh Kaze!!! I love your new boys omg. I'm so intrigued by River right now and I love bookish boys ^-^ Eeek, I look forward to reading more about them :D And "lamb" is possibly my favourite term of endearment aw!

@Juto @SpamKey @happybunny @Adrian Glad everyone likes the new boys :D

Ok double post coming for double drabble!  First a Libriel drabble for dear @Adrian, hope you like it! ;) (Not a continuation of Urgent "Care", still working on that)

~~~~

Title: Love Like Ours
Prompt: Bonfire Heart by James Blunt
Pairing: Liam/Gabriel

“The uprisings in Russia in the first half of the 20th century, most notably the revolution of peasant farmers uprising against their feudal lords, whose land they toiled, greatly tied into the events of Orwell’s Animal Farm.  He used animals as an allegory to retell the end of feudalism, however the use of the pigs... 

Gabriel paused a brief wave of dizziness engulfed him; hand tightly gripped the back of the chair.  His vision blurred slightly a few quick blinks the room came back into focus.

Heaving a heavy sigh Gabriel massaged his forehead wishing the Advil he'd taken earlier curbed his throbbing headache.

“Professor?” A girl's voice broke the silence. Gabriel glanced up to the faces of his students staring back; he’d momentarily forgotten he was still in class.

Running a hand through his hair he turned hoping to conceal the blush burning his face.  Clearing his throat he took a quick breath, “Apologies class, where was I?” 

“Pigs.  The same girl replied her face breaking into a smile.

The professor stared befuddled then remembered. “Quite right.” Gabriel ignored a few giggles coming from his students.  Struggling to maintain his composure while finishing the lecture he finally made the last 20 or so minutes of class free time meaning a good majority of students left. Not that Gabriel minded sitting behind his desk head leaning against his hand, eyes closed.

“Professor Herondale?”

His hand slipped at the voice, “Hmm?” He looked up, “Oh Trenton? How can I assist you?” Gabriel forced a smile.

“Are you feeling okay?” The young man with short blonde hair, oval wire frame glasses over his dark blue eyes asked looking quite concerned.

“Oh fine fine, bit of a headache is all.” Gabriel lied through his teeth. He could tell the English student did not believe him. “Maybe a slight fever. I, uh, didn't sleep too well last night.” He flushed embarrassed about admitting all this to a student.

“Need anything?” Trenton adjusted his bag over his shoulder.

All Gabriel wanted was a nap, “No no perfectly fine.” He forced another smile. “Just study for the exam next week if you could.”

Trenton agreed, hoped Gabriel felt better soon and exited the classroom.  Resting his head in a thunk on the desk the feverish professor remained that way for several minutes until the realization of probably falling asleep and waking up there tomorrow became too much to ignore. Throwing on his coat he nearly reached the door before back tracking to the desk grabbing his briefcase.

Exiting Baker Hall, Gabriel headed down the path towards his office not all looking forward to working in the dusty mess.  Pushing open the outside door he stumbled on the stairs catching himself at the last moment. Muttering a curse under his breath he proceeded down the hall to his office.  Entering his tired eyes noticed something rather peculiar, a person sitting on his desk. Gabriel blinked as sandy blonde hair and a black hoodie appeared in his vision.

Bewildered at the sight before him Gabriel scratched the back of his head. He stared at the figure smiling back at him then confusingly looked around the room just to make sure he'd entered the proper office.

Convinced his exhausted body was in the right room he frowned checking his pocket watch, “Now you've done it Gabe, your feverish state is creating hallucinations of your dear Liam.”

“Gabriel Lane you're simply adorable.” Liam hopped off the desk.

The professor’s mouth dropped. “Dearest, oh my, forgive my comments, it's only... I've had a right miserable day, didn't sleep well, nearly drifted off in class, I didn't....” He paused feeling Liam’s warm comforting embrace surround him.  The stress of the last several days evaporated like steam from a bath, his throbbing head leaned against Liam’s as his partners fingertips gently grazed the outline of his face.  “I...what was I saying again?”  He brought a hand up running the back of his fingers over Liam's cheek.  Liam cupped his face, their lips met Gabriel let an audible sigh escape, disappointed when his partner pulled away.

“Love, you're burning up.” Liam kept a hand on Gabriel's face.

“I know dear, felt quite awful the past few days.” The professor finally walked over to his desk.  Setting his briefcase down he noticed something. “You cleaned, didn't you?” He smiled forcing his eyes to focus.

The neat freak returned the smile, “Guilty as charged.” He stepped over to the desk. “Gabriel cancel your class tomorrow, I'll take you home you need rest.”

The professor scoffed while removing his coat, “I've told you before my job I cannot freelance.” A quick wave of dizziness forced Gabriel to support himself against his desk. “I've an exam next week, need to prepare for it.” He wiped his forehead with a handkerchief.  “Besides I've one more class tonight, must...” He slumped into his chair massaging his temples furiously. “My kingdom for relief.”

Liam knelt down to Gabriel’s computer. “Ok here's the deal,” He started typing on the ancient keyboard. “I'll accompany you to your last class, keep a watchful eye on you from the back or assist if needed, then...” His voice trailed for one moment as he read over what he'd written before continuing, “You'll send out an email stating your lone Friday class is cancelled.” Liam emphasized the lone part. “We’ll head home bright and earlier tomorrow or tonight if possible. I'll help you with your exam preparation and you can rest in those adorable blue pajamas of yours.” His brown eyes sparkled as he finished the layout of his plan. “I've already formatted your Cancelled Class reply, we can send it tonight.”

Gabriel sighed stifling a cough, "Well, dear you know I'm not keen on cancelling and I don't...," He paused momentarily a quizzical look graced his weary face.  "How did you access my email?"

"You never log out." The writer giggled.

"Log...out?" Gabriel's reaction forced Liam to cover his mouth with a hand though he was sure the smile leaked out the sides.

"Here I'll explain." He started but Gabriel waved a hand.

"No need too.  I wouldn’t understand anyways." He grumbled.

“Oh stop, you're brilliant love, look." Liam motioned to the green scale screen. "See the button that says Log Out? If you click it you won't be signed in anymore." Liam was going to advise Gabriel to do this but then realized who really would ever want access to his prehistoric computer. "I'll show you." He logged out of Gabriel’s email.

The professor’s brow crinkled, "Now I'll need to access it again."  He replied tiredly pinching his forehead between his thumb and middle finger.

"I can do it." Liam smiled at the look he received. "I know your username; it's the beginning part of your email, standard college practice. I used it for your Skype remember. And I pretty much guarantee I can guess your pass."

Gabriel's eyes widened, "Alright then, confirm it."

Liam pressed his lips together and typed in the username. His eyes then shot to Gabriel as he slowly typed M I C H A E L in for the password.  Hitting enter Gabriel's email popped up.  The professor brought a hand up covering his beet red face.

"Told ya." Liam said with a hint of smugness. "My dear Gabriel Lane you are quite predictable you know."

Gabriel remained quiet folding his shaking hands together.  Small beads of sweat formed around his hairline.

Liam pushed up from the desk. "It's alright love. Honestly it was an easy guess."

Gabriel sighed closing his eyes, his color drained from the blush leaving him paler than when he'd first entered the office. "That doesn't mean I wanted you to know." He turned away.

Realizing this entire situation had inadvertently upset his ill boyfriend Liam tried to explain. "Gabriel it's fine, I figured that was your pass months ago, makes sense...considering when you got your email.  I'm going to take a guess the reason you never changed it is you don't know how."

The professor wiped a stray tear and nodded, "Affirmative."

“Let’s forget about that for now. It's not important.” Liam rushed to change the topic as Gabriel's eyes became pools. “What about my plan?” He crouched down setting his hands on his boyfriend's knees.

Exhaling the professor leaned back in his chair. His mind lost in a fog of pain and exhaustion, he wouldn't admit it to his Liam but Gabriel wasn't even sure he'd survive the final class. Running a hand from the top of his head down to his chin he merely gave a halfhearted shrug.  “I must lessen his infernal headache first.” Opening the desk drawer he rummaged for a bottle of painkillers, tapping the bottle until two fell in his hand. He swallowed them without any water as Liam watched, then rested his arms on the desk laying his head in them. “Wake me in half an hour.” His request slightly muffled. Laying his coat over him Liam set the alarm on his phone but only to vibrate. A few minutes later Gabriel snored softly while Liam stroked his hair.

In all their time together Liam never had actually seen Gabriel teach, it was quite something. The subject matter might not have been the most interesting but his boyfriend morphed from the shy introverted Gabriel to the confident Professor Herondale. It reminded Liam how Gabriel acted when destroying Bryce that thought alone drew a smile.

Even severely under the weather, Gabriel's tone grew stronger than normal while lecturing his class, today on different cognitive abnormalities of the brain. He was posed walking from one side of the class to the other maintaining eye contact with students, asking questions, promoting discussion.  

However with about 30 minutes to go fatigue set in, Gabriel fumbled a few words, used his chair more as support and could no longer hide the fact he was sweating due to his fever.  Mopping his brow with a handkerchief he forced himself to finish up his current thought.

Liam sat edge of the chair, knee twitching, ready to dash if needed. He'd promised Gabriel not to move unless asked for but it was getting harder and harder to endure watching his visibly ill boyfriend work.

Finally just as Liam could not take another minute, Gabriel pulled out his pocket watch.

“Forgive me class but I must cease for today.” The professor sat on his desk rubbing his forehead, “You’re dismissed.”

Liam ran down the auditorium style stairs, bypassing the students exiting, to Gabriel’s side clasping a hand on his arm.

“Gabriel Lane?” Liam failed hiding the worry in his voice. Sweat beads ran down his boyfriends face the edges of his grey hair glistened, Gabriel removed his tie and undid his top shirt button.  

“I'm spent my dear.” Gabriel laughed drawing Liam in.

“Come love, let's go home.” Liam took Gabriel's coat, briefcase and arm leading the professor out of the hall.

No surprise Gabriel fell asleep immediately on the train ride back to Newhaven. Thankfully he'd taken medicine which Liam hoped would reduce his fever.  Coat draped over his frame Gabriel's head lay in Liam’s lap, the writer lovingly gazed down at his sleeping boyfriend.  Never had five hours on a train seemed like heaven.

~~~~

I love technology impaired!Fessor :heart:

Ok gimme a sec and the next drabble will be posted.

Speaking of the new boys, they're back.  This takes place after the above one.

~~~~

Title: A Dream is Like a River
Prompt: The River by Garth Brooks
Characters: River/Colin

Colin sleepily strolled into the kitchen a little after 9am, dressing gown tied around his waist, tissues in hand he dropped into a chair. Propping his head up with his fist his hazel eyes still lined with dark bags closed.  

River looked up over his glasses wondering exactly why his obviously ill roommate even bothered coming out.  Colin’s normal sick routine consisted of camping out in his room until he recovered only leaving if Alice came. Alice, the only person Colin trusted to clean the apartment, usually came twice a week but she and Colin worked out a weird schedule.  The days never seemed to correlate nor did the times.  

At first River was determined to figure out the pattern then a month in gave up, as far as he could tell she showed up whenever she wanted.

“Alice coming today?” Curiosity got the better of the clerk.

Colin produced a weak nod; mystery solved. River continued with his cereal until a knock at the door interrupted him again. Glancing up it appeared his depleted roommate hadn't heard it so River headed to the door.

Opening it Marseille Rogers greeted him with her brilliant smile.  A colorful scarf held back her curly midnight black hair. “Morning hun, is Colin in? He asked me to bring over some recent articles.” The statuesque fellow critic held out a folder which River accepted.

“He is but he's not feeling well, probably another cold.” He replied as Marseille pressed her hands over her chest.

“The poor thing.” She frowned, “Well I won't bother him just make sure he gets it, thanks hun!” She waved heading off down the hall.

River didn't converse with many of Colin’s friends and fellow critics but he held a soft spot for Marseille.  A week after River moved in Colin held a catered dinner party, River hid in his room but overheard some of the guests discussing in hushed voices Colin’s choice of roommate mixed with laughter, without even meeting him yet Marseille not only defended Colin but River as well.  From that moment on River liked the arts and entertainment critic who rocked those wicked 4 inch heels.

Returning to the table River wasn't surprised to see Colin hadn’t moved, not sure if his roommate was asleep he set the folder down. “Marseille dropped this off for you.” He said sitting back down to soggy cereal.

Colin jerked up at River’s voice. “Sorry what?” His voice heavy resulting from his clogged nose which he wiped.

Pointing with his spoon to the folder River repeated himself a bit slower; Colin seemed to have difficulty focusing this morning.

Finally the critic eyed the manila folder.” Oh good good.” He breathed running a hand through his untidy hair. “Good.” He said again with a cough.  Sniffing again he unfolded the tissues in his hand blowing his nose adding to the raw red edges.  Sadly it seemed to trigger a tickle as Colin’s head dipped into the cluster of tissues. Ah’tscheww! Hh’ktschjuh! Ah...hhh...Heh’ehtscheww!

Another blow Colin threw them into a nearby trash while pulling fresh ones from his gown pocket.

“Not feeling any better I take it?” River rose passing the critic who let out a groan.

“Worse.” Colin whined leaning his head back he stared at the ceiling.  “Do we have any coffee?”

River finished rinsing out his bowl then opened a cabinet grabbing a mug which he set on the table. “Keurig is all yours.”

Colin remained still for a moment before placing his hands on the table slowly pushing himself up.  Not more than two steps away his breath hitched. Hh’xxhhsuh! Hh’ktschjuh!  The force sent him back a full pace, River jumped over using his own body to stabilize Colin who endured a coughing spasm keeping him bent over. “Sorry sorry.” He finally choked out. “I'm alright now.” His breath quickened but exhausted from coughing the ailing critic unable to cover in time diverted his head from River. Ah’kktshjuh! Hhh...Hheh’xxshjuh! 

Deciding not to take any chances River helped Colin to the black leather sofa easing him down.  His roommate exhaled before rubbing his nose with new tissues. “Sorry, again.” He sniffed hard which led to a cough.  “I didn’t want coffee anyways.” He smiled weakly at River.

“I'll make it, not like it takes any skill.” The clerk rose walking back into the kitchen.

“Except strength to push a button.” Colin remarked coldly from the couch.

River shrugged waiting as the machine dispensed the French Vanilla Cappuccino into the mug.  Returning to the couch he handed Colin the mug which the older man accepted. “You're a lamb, thank you.” He blew lightly dispersing the steam rising up.

River half smiled before taking a seat in a nearby chair opening the book from yesterday.

Ktchkk! Hn’xdht! Hhh...Hhktschxxnt! Colin’s valiant effort at stifling not lost on the bookworm who watched the critic flop back dramatically onto the couch before turning onto his side.  Wiping his runny nose Colin sighed, “I'll have to call Michael and tell him I can't make it tomorrow.” He exhaled a low hum.

“You might feel better tomorrow.” River said into his book, not surprised at the scoff from his roommate.

“The chance of me feeling better by tomorrow is the same as you not putting that book down until you're done. Highly unlikely.” Colin’s voice cut out, he coughed roughly into his hand.

Silence fell between them only the flutter of the book pages turning sounded. Colin lay red rimmed eyes closed, mouth agape, River figured he'd fallen back asleep.  A few times a cough would escape racking his frame but Colin simply adjusted, eyes never opening. The tissues he'd been holding sat on the floor. River moved one of the boxes onto the table so the critic wouldn't be searching for any once he woke.

About an hour later the doorbell rang jarring Colin from his nap.  Obviously confused to where he was, River answered the door. “Morning Alice.” He stepped aside letting the short middle-aged cleaning lady in.

“Morning Mr. Cantrell.” She smiled up at him dressed in her cleaning scrubs, blonde hair streaked with grey pulled back into a neat bun.  River cringed at the formal address; he’d stopped his attempts of having Alice call him by his first name.  “How is...” She paused as Colin lumbered over, eyes glazed he appeared still in a fog.

“Alice my room needs considerable attention today, as does the living room.” He said hoarsely.

“Yes Mr. Fairbanks, I'll start right away.” She nodded proceeding down the hall.

“Cleaning cabinet is stocked so be thorough.” Colin added entering the kitchen he stuck his hands under the automatic sink washing them.

“Understood Mr. Fairbanks.” Alice’s voice echoed from the third bedroom.

“Bless that woman.” The critic dried his hands before sticking them in his dressing gown pockets hunching his shoulders together.

River returned to his book knowing he had a few hours before Alice would shoo him from the living room. The third bedroom played two roles, on the outside it was your typical guest room, a plush queen sized bed and redwood armoire for anyone staying over. However the massive oak cabinet on the far wall housed all of Colin’s cleaning agents. Apparently part of their agreement was Alice only used what Colin supplied. Didn't bother River, Alice cleaned exceptionally plus he never had to worry about buying anything. Colin joked it was part of his rent which suited the clerk fine.

River didn't classify Colin as a germophobe, more he was overly cautious and given his circumstances why not. He rarely took public transportation, if forced to he never openly touched doors, turnstiles, whatnot unless wearing gloves. Until recently Colin walked everywhere unless the weather was poor, sadly after last winter left him laid up for nearly a month with bronchitis he started using personal cab services to get around on crappy days.

The notion of Colin using the subway was quite odd, but sometimes he found himself in predicaments where getting across town quickly outweighed his self-preservation issues.

Ah’tscheww! Ah...

Colin rapidly pulled tissues from the box. Hheh’xxshjuh! Ah’kktshjuh! Able to cover the second he wiped his nose which flared red. Aside from his raw nose and dark bags under his eyes Colin’s complexion appeared waxen though to River he never looked fully healthy.  Colin masked a rough cough in his sleeve before resting his forehead against his palms.

“River...” He said hoarsely not looking up. “Could you be a lamb and bring me my cell?”

River closed the book and slowly rose proceeding into the kitchen where Colin’s phone sat plugged in on the counter.  Retrieving it River set it on the coffee table before settling back down.

“Thank you.” Colin replied with a cough tapping his phone.  “Michael hello it’s Colin, I...” He paused listening. “Oh really...I didn’t...” He flashed a look over to River then pushed up from the sofa pacing from the kitchen to the breakfast table his dressing gown waving as he whirled, “Well I'm fighting a rather nasty cold as...” Another pause this time due to a cough. “You can probably tell, I...” He stopped fiercely throwing his free hand up. Over the next few minutes the critic barely got a word in edgewise mostly repeatedly saying “Yes but”. Finally the pacing stopped Colin threw his head back dramatically pinching the bridge of his nose. “I make no promises Michael.”  With that he ended the call, heaving a sigh. “I must remember no one says ‘no’ to Michael Wainwright.”

River casually looked over the top of his glasses as Colin dropped back onto the sofa.  “It seems one of this other critic guests already cancelled, leaving me as the only food related one on the bill.”  He chuckled which caught in his throat.  “River, can I ask if...”

“No Colin.” River replied bluntly lowering his book ever so slightly. “I will not go with you to the party.”

Taken aback, the older man folded his hands together, “Fair enough.  No harm in asking I suppose.”  A faint look of disappointment flashed in his weary eyes.  “I should have known you’re not a party person.” Colin rubbed his nose before shutting his eyes. Ah’kktshjuh! Eehh’ktssheww!  Hheh’xxshjuh!

“You shouldn’t be going either.” River rolled his eyes watching Colin grab more tissues.  “It’s supposed to rain tomorrow, given your state you’ll catch pneumonia.”  His lecture interrupted by the sound of his own cell vibrating.  

“Son of a bitch.” The clerk swore slamming his book onto the table upon reading the message.  “Sorry.” He said pushing his glasses up to rub his eyes.  “I need to go into work.”

“But you-u-u’re suppo....” Ah’tscheww! Hhh...Hh’ktschjuh! “Be off work today.”  Colin furiously wiped his nose then blew it.  “You worked late yesterday.”

“Colin, if this is about me possibly waking you, I...” River’s calm demeanor on the verge of breaking.

“It’s not River!” Colin shouted cracking his voice.  “It’s about you!”

Now it was River’s turn to be confounded.  Adjusting his glasses he shrugged hoping his roommate would not take his outburst personally.  “I’m sure you mean well and I appreciate it but I need to go in.”

“Says who?” Colin scrambled after the shorter man who headed down the hall.  “It's your day off, your first in over a week, River you don't have to go in.”  He followed the clerk into his bedroom.

“Colin, please I need to change and leave. Besides only one of us shouldn't be working and that's you.” River glared up at the critic.

Colin opened his mouth then hesitantly turned away exiting River’s room in a huff.  More confused than irritated at his roommate's behavior River shook it off as Colin’s eccentric ways. He changed into black jeans, t-shirt, donned his flannel jacket, grabbed his keys and headed toward the front door.

Sadly he found the exit blocked, Colin stood arms crossed over his chest, brow knitted together, his tired eyes narrowed in a disapproving fashion.

“Excuse me.” River said blankly. The critic frowned moving to the side he brushed his raw nose with tissues.  “I shouldn't be too late probably a normal eight hour shift.” He opened the apartment door holding it briefly. “Get some rest Colin, okay?” River stepped out into the hall his roommate hung in the doorway.

“River,” Colin called “Ask for tomorr-r-row...” Breath hitching he cupped his hands over his mouth. Hheh’xxshjuh! Ts’schujuh! “Off-f.” Hh’xxhhsuh! “P-pl-e-e-e” Eehh’ktssheww! “Damn it.” He cursed giving his poor nose a good blow.  Sniffing he stuffed his current tissues into his pocket. “Wonderful I'm out.”

River shook his head, “Not how it works Colin, see you later.” He hit the elevator button.

“Fine.” Colin trudged back into the apartment.

Truthfully River agreed with Colin, sadly he was in no position to request tomorrow off.  However having worked going on ten consecutive days, going in early and on his day off perhaps he had some leverage. Stepping into the elevator his thoughts trailed to Colin’s odd request about the dinner party.

~~~~

So who thinks Colin will talk River into going with him? Or will he bite and tell Micheal no?

I just realized Michael is mentioned in both drabbles...this was not planned :lol:

Awwwwwh Colin has a crush??? :wub: That is too adorable!!! (Even if Michael's a bit of a dick :lol:)

And poor Gabriel, always working himself too hard... At least Liam's there to make it all feel better! :D

*runs away to actually do what she's supposed to be doing*

River is totally going to the party... but I really loved him saying no out of the blue before the request was even fully asked  :laughingsmiley:

oohhh.......ooohhh!!!! Nothing good can come this! Which means it's gonna be a ton of fun to read! You did an amazing job, as always Kaze!!!!! 

Hahaha! Awwww :heart: tech-confused fessor is just too adorable and I loved the way Liam just sat on the edge of his chair waiting for Gabriel to finish lecturing. 

What a lovely image of a confident Professor Herondale... I believe that deserves a rrrrrrraaaaaawwwww :P 

GAH COLIN! YOU LOVESTRUCK PUPPY, YOU!! Oh dear, I wonder if he's been taking 'this-is-how-you-ask-your-crush-on-a-date-but-conceal-it-as-business'-advice from Theo :lol: 

Eeehhh I'm torn. I want River to go with him but I also want slightly hurt and even more sick Colin with a love-oblivious yet still attentive River... Hmm... INTRIGUED!!!!!  

Okay. I have regained myself enough to be coherent I think :P

First, gosh, I love Forgetful!Fessor so much. He's so sweet when he just loses track of his thoughts like that. I just wanna squeeze him (good thing he has Liam for that!) 

Also:

14 hours ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

He slumped into his chair massaging his temples furiously. “My kingdom for relief.”

End me. End me now.

Gosh, Kaze, it's so perfect!! Thank you! And honestly when Liam is watching Gabriel teach - which is possibly the sexiest thing on earth btw ;) - and he's so on edge I just lkseadjfghb. And Gabriel works himself too hard and I just- BOYS WHY

-

And your second drabble omg! I didn't see Michael coming at all but now I'm just !!! what's gonna happen and aw. Colin is so sweet and River is so bloody oblivious omg. Colin running after River to make him stay off work was so cute I'm still grinning thinking about it. I love your new boys so much!

Kaze, you astound me! Seriously, all of your boys are so sweet and you write them all brilliantly!

Wow. I have missed so much in the short time I've been gone! I think too much to actually go back and quote. But So much love for more Libriel!!! I love the vision of Gabriel teaching. I would totally take all of his classes! And I really like your new boys. Intriguing! And pulling Michael in, hmmm. Can't wait to see what happens!

I'm back because I read the Libriel drabble again and I didn't mention that Gabriel taking off his tie and loosening his shirt button was about the sexiest thing on this planet. Yes? Yes. Okay. Good.

@SpamKey Colin might have a tiny one :D

@queenie He's quite no nonsense XD

@Artemis Thank you!

@Juto For River's sake lets hope Colin is following Theo's lead :lol:

@Adrian Teacher!Gabriel might have make an appearance again at some point considering it's pretty darn popular.  And yes I loved the tie pulling off scene.

@Coffee Chicken Barista Awww thanks! :wub:

@AngelEyes Welcome back and thanks!

@Seeking Clarity + Wisdom Hehe probably a good idea :D

Ok here's part 2 of Urgent Care!  Many thanks to Spam for letting me borrow Dr V again.

~~~~

Title: Urgent “Care” Part 2 - End

Pairing: Liam/Gabriel

Liam stared down at his cell thumb itching over the call button.  A quick glance over to the couch making sure his boyfriend slept peacefully he double stepped up the stairs to the bedroom.

A few quick paces in front of the bed and a breath which did little to relieve his anxiety Liam finally hit the button bringing the phone to his ear.

The phone rang twice before the receptionist at the urgent care clinic answered.

Liam’s voice locked hearing her repeat the introduction. “D-Doctor Verago, please.” He finally uttered. The receptionist put him a hold giving the anxious writer a chance catch his breath.  

A minute later the calm voice of the Doctor he'd seen only a few hours earlier spoke through. “Hello? Darian Verago.”

Still not completely in control of his own voice Liam’s mouth moved producing no words. Damnit Liam talk! “Hi!” Embarrassed by his over exaggerated greeting, Liam felt his face flush. “It’s Liam Black.” The slight pause on the other end triggered Liam’s memory, he'd not introduced himself in the clinic, “I-I was there with Gabriel Herondale, the asthmatic case.”

“Ah, yes! Liam, of course. ” Darian replied. “Is everything alright?”

“Y-Yes.” Liam forced himself to take a breath. “Gabriel is doing better.  I was calling for something a bit different, if this is a bad time...” He remarked realizing he bothered the doctor while still at work.

“Oh? Well if you can give me about,” There was a break in the conversation as if the Doctor was checking his watch, “Thirty minutes or so my shift ends and we can talk freely, sound good?”

Liam shook his head, “Sure.” Leaving his number with Darian, Liam dropped onto the bed after hanging up.  His chest burned as he panted for air the grip around his cell tightened.

“Liam dear?” Gabriel’s voice struggled from below. Leaping up the writer made it down in record time rushing to the couch as his boyfriend sat up.

“Right here, love.” He knelt down, “How are you feeling?”

“Better.” Gabriel still wrapped in the blanket forced a small smile, “Breathing easier.” He inhaled deeply no wheeze detected. “Still rather tired.”

Liam sat down next to the professor who leaned back against the couch. “Need anything?”

Gabriel shook his head, “No dear for now I merely want to bask in your warmth.” He nestled closer as Liam’s arm wrapped around him.  Letting out a low hum Gabriel's eyes closed, “My dear your breathing is quite rapid.  This upsets me.”

Liam grimaced pinching the bridge of his nose. “I'm fine, love.”

“And I'm Mary Queen of Scots...” Gabriel let a chuckle slip “In all seriousness Liam James, please calm yourself, I assure you my health improved.”

The writer squeezed his boyfriend planting a kiss on his head. “I will.”

Not surprised the professor dozed off against Liam who continuously watched the time tick away on his phone until it vibrated.  “Darian, hey, just give me one sec to uhh...” He looked over at Gabriel sleeping, “Move.”

“No problem.” The doctor replied.

Holding his breath Liam slowly slipped Gabriel’s grasp, positioning the pillow so his boyfriend rested against that instead.  Satisfied, Liam hopped into the kitchen.  “Sorry I’m here now.”

“Good, what can I do for you?” Maybe it was Darian’s calm demeanor but Liam felt his body finally relax.

“You mentioned your partner has severe allergies?  I just...well...” Liam suddenly wasn’t sure how much information the doctor would give up. Forcing another breath he continued, “I mean I’m not asking specifics you see...I more am...well...”  Liam’s chest constricted again.

“Ok calm down.” His rambling obviously triggered something with the doctor. “I understand what you’re saying.  Nick is much like Gabriel.  Bad allergies which can trigger his asthma, doesn’t have the world's greatest immune system.  Can I assume Gabriel’s is about the same?  I remember it being indicated on his chart he’d been sick a few times already.”

Liam nodded, again to no one, “Yes he was sick over Christmas, then Valentine's Day and he recently a bad bout of the flu.”  His eyes darted over to make sure his boyfriend hadn’t woke up.  Now with it being allergy season I just....”

“Liam, I’m a doctor and I still worry over Nick, he’s a bit of a,” Darian paused, “Well work-a-holic is a nice word to describe him.” He added a chuckle.  “It takes everything I have to convince him to stay home when he’s ill.  I don’t always succeed.”

Liam smiled weakly, “Yeah Gabriel can be stubborn too.  Sadly I can’t physically stop him from going to work.”

“Have you tried locking him in?” Darian laughed.

“No no that’s not what I mean.” Liam exhaled.

“Oh sorry Liam.” The writer could almost see Darian cringe.

“Don’t worry, it’s just Gabriel teaches at Davenport which is five hours from here.  He lives there during school; I don’t see him that often as he only lives in Newhaven four months of the year.”  Liam balled his fist. “I visit a lot as my job I freelance but I can’t always be there. Also...”  Sighing Liam decided to disclose what happened last year to Darian.

“I’m sorry both of you had to endure that, Nick’s been hospitalized a few times, once when I was on call.  Even with all my training, nothing prepared me for seeing him like that.”  Darian’s voice dropped slightly.

Liam felt awful internally kicking himself, “Sorry!  I didn’t mean to...” He bent over forcing air in his lungs.

“It’s okay you didn’t know and he was fine.  Thankfully so was I.” Darian replied.

Running a hand through his hair Liam smiled humorlessly.  “Good.  I’m glad he was okay.”  Suddenly a cough came from the couch.  “Listen Darian, I think Gabriel’s awake so I have to go but....thank you really.  This helped.”  

“Anytime Liam, it’s sometimes nice to know someone else has experienced what you have.  Gabriel’s lucky to have someone like you.”  The doctor’s tone forced Liam to blink rapidly.

“I’d say the same for Nick.”  Liam finally truly smiled.  The two exchanged goodbyes Liam pocketed his phone returning to his boyfriend’s side.

“Who were you talking too, dear?” Gabriel rubbed his eyes then his nose.  Liam’s reply cut short as Gabriel brought up the back of his hand.

Hehtscheww!

Heh...Hh’xxhhsuh!

“Please tell me it’s allergy medicine time?”  He pulled a handkerchief out rubbing his nose.

Leaping up Liam ran into the kitchen grabbing the prescription from the cabinet and water from the fridge.

“Thank you my satellite.” The professor smiled taking the medicine.

“Love, I know you said it’s not my fault about today....”

“Because it’s not.” Gabriel inserted sharply giving his poor nose another hard rub.

Liam half shrugged, “But I’d like to make it up to you.  Do you mind if I run to the store?  I’ll prepare you a nice dinner.”

Try as he might Gabriel could not hide his blush. “That sounds lovely dear.  Forgive me for snapping at you earlier.”  His grip on the handkerchief tightened.

“No worries love.” He rose, “I’ll be back shortly, just relax.”  Liam grabbed his keys off the counter top.  

“I love you Liam James.” Gabriel turned watching his partner walk down the front hall.

“I know Gabriel Lane.” The writer smiled, blew a kiss, and then headed to the elevator.  Not many times had Gabriel’s forgetfulness helped.  Liam wasn’t too keen on admitting to his boyfriend just yet he’d conversed with Darian about his issues.  Eventually he’d tell him but not tonight.  Tonight was romantic dinner night with his sky.

~~~~

Also concerning River and Colin, it's gone past drabble and is headed into fict territory since I actually came up with a plot :lol:  I reworked the first part so when I get farther along I'm going to give its own thread in Original Fiction.  The Roommates have taken up residence in my brain XD

oooh!!!! Full lenght stories!!! I"m excited!! I loved this. I'm so happy for Liam, finding someone who helps him with his anxiety. They are so cute and I love Darian, I just love him. I love all your characters!!! You are such a great writer!!

Okay, you already know this (I mean, I posted a drabble about it :lol:) but I am so here for Liam and Darian bonding over their sniffly, stubborn boyfriends!!!! :heart: It's just so sweet (plus I think Darian needs some friends... My bad :sweatdrop:) and I love love love it!!!! You write Darian so well, too, I just love seeing him show up here!!!! :hug: 

I can't quote properly (curse the damnable mobile version! *shakes fist at sky*) but--

“Liam, I’m a doctor and I still worry over Nick, he’s a bit of a,” Darian paused, “Well work-a-holic is a nice word to describe him.” He added a chuckle.  “It takes everything I have to convince him to stay home when he’s ill.  I don’t always succeed.”

This was just so quintessentially Darian! I just love it, Kaze, you're the best!!!! :hug:

D'awwww! Stubborn, sickly boys are the cutest but the men who put up with them are just.....d'awwwww!!!!!

Oh boy! I'm looking forward to a full out fic starring the roommates, River and Colin. 

Poor Liam looking for reassurance regarding Gabriel. I enjoyed the phone call to Darian. Those two need a pub night to commiserate. :sport:

Glad everyone liked Darian showing up. Hopefully @SpamKey and I can collaborate again.

A quick Barrett/Aiden drabble.

~~~~

Title: Just As Wonderful

Prompt: A Lover's Concerto - The Toys

Pairing: Barrett/Aiden

“The emerald or the umber?” Aiden dramatically waved the two silk shirts in front of the full length. “I look ravishing in both.” Flexing his hips out the designer pressed his lips together. “Hmm what do you think Retty?”

Barrett, who sat against an over stuffed pillow leaning on the headboard, glanced up from his cross word. His weary red rimmed eyes glazed over staring at his partner. “Sorry what?”

Aiden held out both shirts. “Pick.”

The lawyer stared lazily ahead until Aiden realized he wasn't getting a reply.

“Retty!” He set both shirts down on the bed. “Retty.” The blond repeated running his fingers through Barrett’s dark hair finally jogging life into his boyfriend.

“Sorry what?” Barrett replied sleepily running a hand over his face.

“Darling, I can stay home if needed.” Aiden continued to strum his fingers along Barrett’s face.

“I'll be fine just don't be gone long.” Barrett leaned back closing his eyes. Aiden frowned at the dark bags lining those hazel eyes he loved.

“Need anything?” Aiden bent down whispering.

Barrett opened one eye. “I'll love you forever if you bring me some decongestant.” A hint of a smile appeared.

Aiden smirked rising from the bed, “Honey, you better.” He winked then walked into the bathroom.

Archived