Sneeze Fetish Forum

Chad and Tristan (mxm)

Candy Dust

This was so sweet 😭 it was so nice to see Tristan being the emotional one for once, I like to see these sides of him ❤️ I'm glad Chad was there to comfort him and wipe away his tears. That's one of my favourite traits LMAO idk if it's the caretaking thing 😭😭 

Can't wait for more 😇

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Candy Dust

• Leafeon78

• Juto

• Pyrus_Fangmon

That was super sweet. Chad comforting Tristan was soo precious 💙. Tristan and I do the same thing. I used to hide under blankets or in my room when I was sad. I understand the shame but he had Chad there to comfort him 🥰

On 4/25/2024 at 1:16 PM, AntheaHolmes said:

Oh goodness, I shouldn't read that amazing and beautiful sneezy story at work but here I am. It's gorgeous. I love Chad and Tristan. Let's hope for the dog, even though I'm allergic myself. 😁

Wow lol that is awesome to hear. 🧡 I'm glad you did.  Thank you so much, it's so lovely to hear that you got a soft spot for them. 

And you're allergic to dogs  also? Then you got a fellowship with Chad lol. 

Let's see what they'll decide about the dog and all. :)

22 hours ago, dwaekki said:

This was so sweet 😭 it was so nice to see Tristan being the emotional one for once, I like to see these sides of him ❤️ I'm glad Chad was there to comfort him and wipe away his tears. That's one of my favourite traits LMAO idk if it's the caretaking thing 😭😭 

Can't wait for more 😇

Yes he's having a hard time to cope for sure, but he's lucky since Chad's always there for him and comfort.

🧡  Caretaking is a lovely trait.

Thank you for your wonderful comment. 

20 hours ago, 2SHY222 said:

That was super sweet. Chad comforting Tristan was soo precious 💙. Tristan and I do the same thing. I used to hide under blankets or in my room when I was sad. I understand the shame but he had Chad there to comfort him 🥰

Thank you so much. 🥰

Awe that is heartily sweet 🧡 and it is something Tristan would do also. 

Posted (edited)

~*~

Tristan’s hardship

With the black leather jacket hanging over his shoulder, Tristan locked the door to their house.

He was about to pick up Chad from one of the lengthy book circles he attended.

Each Wednesday, Chad met up with a couple of friends and discussed whatever book they decided to read for that month.

In all honesty; Tristan didn’t quite understand the meaning of it and found the group meeting more or less of a waste of time. He didn’t tell Chad about that though. As long as Chad enjoyed the hobby, who was he to interfere.

Tossing the keys up in a playful manner, he caught them smoothly, unlocking the car.

Stepping inside, a weird smell embraced the area. A very minty fragrance. Looking around, he sought the origin. Though unsuccessful and already late, he turned on the engine and sped off.

A couple of minutes passed and the menthol still lingered. Tristan sniffled. It was causing his nose to water.

He coughed. The air conditioner not doing enough deed. His nose, beginning to irritate him too as the icy scent grew deeper. He pressed down the window. The fresh breeze swept inside.

He rubbed at his nose with his knuckle. No use. He sniffled urgently. The tickle grew stronger.

‘Hat’etschoo!!’ He sneezed openly over the steering wheel. ‘Uh-Kutschoo!!! Wtf is that smell…’

Great, now he was talking to himself as well.

He was about to turn on the radio when the tickle came back in full force.

‘Ah’Teschauu!’ He snapped forward to the left; the wind from outside ruffling and messing up his hair.

Finally reaching the destination, he got out of the car and propped himself against it; waiting for Chad to show up.

A couple of minutes passed, Tristan kept eyeing his phone.

·      I’m here. He typed. Where r u?

·      I’ll be right there.

At least he got a quick reply. He appreciated those. Usually obtaining a huge amount of patience, he felt it seeping when under pressure.

Coming around the curve, Chad quickened up the pace.

‘Everything alright?’ He asked as they hugged.

‘Yea.’ Tristan sniffled. ‘Sure.’

Facing each other directly, Chad looked doubtful.

‘…you’re absolutely sure?’

Sliding strands of hair behind his ear with the left hand, the book of the month rested within his right.

Tristan watched the cover closely. Trying to figure out what the fuzz was all about.

‘…No.’ He heard himself confess.

‘No?’ Chad voiced surprised.

‘Actually no. There’s some minty smell going on in the car. It’s obnoxious beyond words.’

Ohh...’ Chad expressed uneasily.

‘What, what is it?’

‘I was uhm, recommend one these… uh, what do you call it?’ Chad stumbled over words whilst looking embarrassed, ‘…uhm supposedly it’s meant to uh…  sort of ‘highlight’ the scent, in the uhm… car. Persumably removing bad odors uhm, and stuff like that. I thought it’d be useful.’

‘It’s like peppermint. How can it be useful?’ Tristan frowned, raising one eyebrow. ‘I can't believe they got you believing that bs.’

‘Oh but it can easily be removed. It’s no big deal, it’s right-‘

‘Where is it? I’ve been trying to find it.’

‘As I was saying, it’s right by the inside of the door in the backseat…’

‘Great.’ Tristan scoffed.

‘I’ll do it…’

Tristan watched as Chad handled the issue.

Once taken care of, Tristan found the courage to step inside.

‘It still stinks.’ Tristan exhaled, feeling the itch returning to his nose instantly. ‘It’s really starting to bother me. I’m serious.’ He stated firmly, gazing at Chad who were seated right beside him in the passenger seat.

‘I’m sorry, I didn’t know-‘

‘Eh’Hetschoo!’ He lurched forward into his cupped hands, ‘Atscheeoo!’

‘Bless you..! Can I get you anything, water, tissues?’

Tristan sniffled, ignoring Chad’s sweet assistance. The tickle remained, causing his breath to hitch and he hated it.

‘I’ve been sneezing like this the… uh… Het’schoo!! ugh, the entire ride over here.’

‘Oh my goodness… maybe you’re allergic?’

Chad gazed at Tristan worryingly.

Me? Allergic?’

He questioned astonished. He’d never even considered it. The thought was just too absurd.

‘It sounds like it. I mean, when I-‘

‘Hut’schiooo!!’

He exploded again. The sneezes impossible to hold back.

‘Oh my, bless you.’

‘Damnit.’ Tristan touched his nose repeatedly. ‘…you were saying?’

‘…it just sounds like the stuff I’m dealing with when I’m exposed to anything I’m sensitive to…’

Chad continued with a hint of weary.

‘Right.’ Listening with one ear, Tristan felt his nose starting to run. ‘You got any tissues on you?’

‘’Course.’

As he blew his nose, Tristan was met by a comforting caress at his cheek.

Just a few days ago he’d lost Hamlet and now he’d developed an allergy. An allergy to the most pathetic scent. The problems kept piling up, leaving him in a sense of hopelessness.

‘Is it just the nose though that’s bothering you, how’s your throat? Itchy too..?’ Voicing concern, Chad reached over to Tristan’s arm and held it gently.

‘No.’ Tristan shook his head. ‘It’s this damn sme-heet’Etschoooo!!’ He snapped forward freely. ‘….ugh… Okay I give up.’ He felt like surrendering; powerless to the itching control that’d taken over. The tickle in his nose wouldn’t subside and neither would the raunchy smell. Clasping several tissues over his nose, he blew it again steadily.  

‘I’m very sorry…  I do feel responsible…’ Chad spoke quietly. ‘I am partly to blame, I shouldn’t have bought that air freshener. I’m sorry.’

‘How would you know I’d have this effin’ reaction to it? You didn’t. So it’s not…’ His voice trailed off. The tickle returned to his nose vehemently. He frowned. Trying to hold back the sneeze, he felt his nostrils flaring, his breath wavering from the intensifying build up.

‘…you need more tissues..?’

He felt a touch at his hand, which he snatched back as the tickle grew until the point of no return.

‘Hat’schuoo!! …ugh.’ He jerked forward into them. ‘What a fuck is this, I mean really, it’s like the fragrance stuck itself into every inch of this fucking car. It’s even in the fabric.’

‘That can happen… ’ Chad spoke softly whilst leaning closer. ‘I’m sorry.’

‘Stop sayin’ that.’ Tristan sighed. He needed to sneeze again.

‘I can stop by-‘

‘Het’schoo!!!’

‘Bless you honey… I’ll stop by the service station tomorrow and get the car fixed and cleaned up before work. Okay?’

Tristan nodded nonchalantly. The moment was getting too intense for him to deal with. He didn’t like the attention every sneeze brought forward and every blessing that went along with it. It felt tiring – furthermore too intimate to his liking.

‘We’re gonna have to change seats. I can’t stop the itchiness in my nose. You’ll need to drive us home.’ Tristan sniffled, feeling his nose getting clogged up.

‘Of course honey. No problem at all.’

During the ride home, Tristan kept sneezing. He’d never experienced such an enduring sneeze attack – not even when suffering from a cold.

The car came to a halt in the comfort of the garage. Tristan hopped out quickly.

‘I need a drink.’

~* ~

The cap flew off the beer bottle as the cold gratifying liquid met his throat.

‘I’m sorry about all of this…’ Chad said in sheepish fashion. One hand stroking the surface of the kitchen counter.

‘I told you to stop saying that, so quit it.’ Tristan said in a breathy tone. The congestion still evident in his voice.

‘But still… I’d never want to be the one inflicting any harm onto you.’

Tristan glanced at Chad who kept his gaze down, intentionally keeping a distance between them. He decided to change the energy by diverting the subject.

‘…so I’m allergic. That’s just great. So what about tooth paste then? Or mint chocolate?’ His shoulders heaved as he put the bottle down. 'I ain't got a problem with those flavors.'

‘Fragrances can be tricky like that…’ Chad explained softly. ‘…stress can weaken the immune system, too.’

‘Yea tell me about it.’ Tristan sighed, sliding with hair back with both hands.

‘You’re feeling stressed..?’

Chad met his eyes briefly. The windows to his soul expressed disheartened emotions.

‘Hey… sweetie.' Tristan reached for Chad’s arm and pulled him towards his chest. 'Really, I’m okay. I’ll stop talking about it.'

'I can tell you're upset...'

The soft voice met his skin as Chad nuzzled his face against Tristan’s shoulder.

‘I ain’t upset.'

With his lips touching his hair, he held Chad closer within his arms.

Edited by Candy Dust

Tristan is quite bad at hiding his emotions it seems 💀 This was such an interesting storyline though and I like how you're focusing on Tristan's side a bit more recently, I've really enjoyed it. I loved the ending to this, and how Chad was trying to fish something out of Tristan and he refused, maybe we could see him opening up and being more vulnerable as a follow up to this? He's going through such a hard time lately, bless him. I'm a sucker for emotional hurt/comfort and the last chapter was so sweet despite how sad it was. Thank you once again for this, always excited for more 🥰

How did I not see this gem before?!! OMG I love it 😍💞

Love this story.  I would love to see it dawn on Tristan that his current suffering is what Chad experiences all the time.  And like everyone …I love the hurt/comfor/care taking!

Oh my, a moody, allergic Tristan.... that's hot. But he really can't hide his emotions well. Poor Chad. Trying to help and feeling helpless and so sorry. A really interesting chapter 

21 hours ago, dwaekki said:

Tristan is quite bad at hiding his emotions it seems 💀 This was such an interesting storyline though and I like how you're focusing on Tristan's side a bit more recently, I've really enjoyed it. I loved the ending to this, and how Chad was trying to fish something out of Tristan and he refused, maybe we could see him opening up and being more vulnerable as a follow up to this? He's going through such a hard time lately, bless him. I'm a sucker for emotional hurt/comfort and the last chapter was so sweet despite how sad it was. Thank you once again for this, always excited for more 🥰

Thank you. 🧡 yes Tristan is bad at hiding emotions, at the same time he wants to keep them to himself so he's struggling. The next part will be a follow up this chapter, I feel there's lots of threads that needs disentanglement. 

20 hours ago, peach_princess said:

How did I not see this gem before?!! OMG I love it 😍💞

Thank you so much, 🧡 it's so nice to hear that. 

19 hours ago, Privatedancer said:

Love this story.  I would love to see it dawn on Tristan that his current suffering is what Chad experiences all the time.  And like everyone …I love the hurt/comfor/care taking!

Thank you ever so much. 🧡 I'll make sure he'll know about it in the next part which I feel will be quite dramatic. 

19 hours ago, AntheaHolmes said:

Oh my, a moody, allergic Tristan.... that's hot. But he really can't hide his emotions well. Poor Chad. Trying to help and feeling helpless and so sorry. A really interesting chapter 

Thank you so much, 🧡 glad you enjoy. They're both struggling right now while Chad's trying his best to show support. Thanks once again.

limited sneezing

hurt/comfort

~*~

They were having a quiet weekend at home. It felt nice for Tristan to relax and unwind after a stressful week.

The recent conflicting struggles had pushed him towards a wandering path that he’d never want to revisit. Damaging tracks that were spotted with painful moments and hurtful memories. It was a destructive past and he refused to be reminded of it.

During dinner Chad had carefully lifted ‘the dog subject’. Tristan, still struggling with the trauma, had avoided Chad midst the exchange.

Chad had grasped the apprehension; deflecting the seriousness into something more joyful.

A couple of hours later they were seated in the living room. The TV was on with a mumbling sound since none of them were actually paying attention it. Chad sat with knees up, engrossed in a book while Tristan eyed his phone.

Placing the book down onto the coffee table, Chad yawned into his hands.

‘Are you tired?’ Tristan gave him a brief glance.

‘A little.’ Chad stretched his arms upwards, ‘…are you? …anything new regarding your allergy?’

‘Still, no.’

‘…I think it’s important to do some research. Maybe there’s some kind of relief for it.’

‘M-hmm.’

Since Tristan’s attack in the car, Chad had brought up the issue twice. The information itself was very supportive and sweet, but each aspect was also reminder of the terrible event.

Since then, Tristan had found himself extremely mindful. Thinking twice before trying a minty chewing gum. Hesitant when offered some candies of Mentos by a co-worker. The awakening had him realize what Chad must be going through on a daily basis. And it’d dawned on him how much he actually suffered, even in silence.

‘So, about next Saturday?’ Chad changed the course of the conversation.

‘What about it?’ Tristan glanced up from the phone.

Chad looked at him oddly. ‘The trip? I thought we were going to meet up with my friends?’

‘Uh…’

He hesitated. Amidst all the drama, he’d completely forgotten about the journey.

‘…uh, I don’t think it’s such a good idea… at the moment.’ He slowly initiated.

‘What do you mean?’ Chad’s brows deepened. ‘It’s been decided for weeks?’

‘Sorry, but I’m… I’m just not… in a very social mood, that’s all.’

‘Seriously?’ Chad’s eyes narrowed.

‘Can’t we just stay at home for a couple of weekends? It’s like all we ever do is running around, always rushing things, trying to get things done. Never a moment of peace.’

‘Seeing my friends’ ‘getting things done’…?’

‘Don’t get it twisted.’ Tristan replied somewhat sternly whilst crooking one eyebrow.

‘I’m not…’ Chad cleared his throat with a disappointed look on his face. ‘I’m just repeating what you said...’

‘Well… I think at least you’d be able to compromise… or, you know what? You do whatever the fuck you want with it.’ Tristan said tiredly. ‘I’m not gonna let this turn into an argument.’

‘Fine.’ Chad stood.

‘Where are you going?’

‘Making myself useful.’

Chad decisively left the room and entered the kitchen. Pans and cutlery slammed around as he evidently began taking care of the dishes.

Tristan sat still. Trying to focus on his phone.

The sound resonated. He exhaled and put the phone down.

~*~

‘Hey.’

Tristan rested one shoulder against the door frame. Watching Chad sweeping off crumbles from the table in a stressful manner.

Hey.’

He barely acknowledged him, dusting off the hands over the trash bin.

‘So what’s up..?’

‘You know ’what’s up’.’

Chad went over by the sink and washed his hands off. Grabbing the Kitchen cleaner, he sprayed the liquid all over the table.

‘…so uhm…’ Tristan began.

Chad reluctantly dropped the bottle, then turned his back to him. Tilting his head faintly, he brought both hands up; covering his face.

Eh-knitsch!!-Eitsch!!-Eh-Knugx’tischo!!’ He jerked forward from each pressure.

‘…bless you.’

‘Thanks.’ Chad replied with a moist sniffle. Dampening a cloth with warm water.

‘…so about Saturday?’

‘We don’t have to talk about it.’ Chad sniffled again, returning to the table; he wiped the wet cloth over it. ‘I understand. You got far more important stuff you wanna do and take care of than seeing the place where I grew up – or meeting with the ones I used hang out with in college.’ He fully sniffled once more. ‘Who cares, right?’

‘Babe, it’s not that…’

‘Then, what..?’ He faced Tristan completely; one hand resting on his hip and the other rubbing at the nose. His body language tensed and disconcerted.

‘I just wanna… cool down for a while. Take some time off.’

Feeling despondent, Tristan felt like guarding himself. When in truth, the fight was entirely against himself.

‘It’s so unlike you though…’ Chad relaxed with a thoughtful expression. ‘… I mean, you’re naturally sociable.’ He sniffed. ‘Dynamic and articulated. Are you feeling okay?’

‘Yea… I’m fine.’ Tristan crossed his arms.

He felt they were entering a forbidden passage. A trail he wanted no part of.

Chad’s observing eyes viewed him more closely.

‘…do you want to talk about it?’

‘Talk about what, exactly?’

‘Anything that’s on your mind… you know I’m here for you, right?’

‘Yea.’

Chad looked down.

‘Have you talked to your parents about… you know, what happened… with Hamlet and all?’

‘We’ve talked.’

Tristan kept it short. He had to. It was the only way.

‘…and what did they say..?’ Chad proceeded in an even softer tone.

Tristan exhaled.

‘Nothing of importance. That it was sad. That he was old.’

‘M-hm… and how did you respond?’

Chad uttered the words with equanimity. Almost as if he knew he had to sustain composure through the entire difficulty.

‘…why are you asking me that?’ He swallowed, mouth feeling dry.

‘I just think that maybe… if they’d shared the sorrow with you on a more emotional level, you’d been able to share your feelings with them. Together you’d come together for the loss of a friend.’

‘Is that so…’ A lump found his throat. Tristan cleared it noisily.

‘Am I wrong..?’

‘I really don’t feel like talking about it.’ Tristan stood motionless. It was as if he was catatonic in the reality that suddenly overshadowed everything.

‘I’m just trying to help.’

‘Well, don’t…’

The tears began to burn behind his eyelids. He needed an escape.

Meanwhile Chad appeared devastated.

‘I’m sorry. I’m not trying to unravel anything, I just want you to open up to me… don’t you trust me?’ His voice quivered as his eyes watered.

A tender touch met Tristan’s hand and it held onto his fingers devotedly. Perhaps afraid of what would happen if they ever let go.

Tristan kept silent. By pressing his lips together, he suppressed the sadness that forced itself upon him.

‘Please don’t shut me out…’ Chad said in a whisper, meeting his eyes, he revealed the tears already streaming down his face.

‘Sweetie…’ He finally worded. Deeply sympathetic seeing Chad so upset. ‘…don’t cry.’

‘But I can see that something’s troubling you, constantly on your mind and I… I just want you to be happy again…’ Chad now sobbed. The droplets leaving wet marks on the burgundy shirt.

‘My sweetest Chad…’ Tristan warmly cupped his beloved’s face within his hands. He kissed his forehead. Chad sniffled wetly.

‘I beg you, don’t isolate yourself from me.’

‘I won’t.’ Tristan let his lips travel down to his cheeks. The taste of his skin so pure and salty.

‘Promise?’ Chad cleared his throat. The tears faintly subsiding. ‘It’d destroy me.’

‘…I promise.’

Tristan used the ends of his sweater, tenderly using the material beneath the eyes and below Chad’s nose; dotingly wiping off the wetness.

‘Thank you.’ Chad sniffled. Trying to hold back a hitching tremble as the blushing hue found his cheekbones.

‘You’re so beautiful… I love you.’

‘I love you too. I really do.’

19 hours ago, AntheaHolmes said:

Love that hurt/comfort! I'm not even mad about no sneezes. I just hope they both talk it all out. 

Thank you, 🤍 love your lovely comments. In the following part Tristan will do his best to repair what's been broken.

17 hours ago, Privatedancer said:

Love it!  Chad is the absolute sweetest.  

Awe! 🤍 Thank you so much. Chad's always there for Tristan (well, trying to be...)

14 hours ago, dwaekki said:

So cute! I hope Ethan opens up soon and they can get through everything together ❤️

Thank you! I suppose you meant Tristan? lol In the next following chapter they'll try to reconnect. 🤍

This next part is a follow up to the previous chapter, so it sort of continues from where that ended.

~*~

The light shone in between the blinds. Tristan squinted his eyes, blinded by the sun gleams. He yawned.

Eh-Kng’tsch!!’

Chad was apparently also awake. Tristan put one arm around him, nuzzling closer to his body in the warmth of the bed.

Eh-ehKnigx’tsch!! uh… knugxtsch!!’scho…’

His body moved from the intensity of the stifles.

‘Good morning… and bless you...’ Tristan murmured, sliding his fingers to Chad’s upper arm.

‘Thanks. Sorry, did I wake you..?’ He sniffed.

‘No you’re good. Slept well..?’

‘Mm… yes, I did… did you? You went to bed quite late?’

‘I know but-‘

Eh-Knit’scho!! …pardon me… hhhhhh-eh-Eitsch’schew!!… ugh sorry.’

‘Bless you…’ He kissed Chad’s shoulder lovingly.  ‘I slept fine.’

‘Thank you. I’m happy to hear that...’ Chad sniffled with a sigh. ‘…sorry for sneezing so much. The window to the bedroom was open all night.’

‘I forgot to close it.’

Chad sat up from the bed.

‘It’s not your… ah’Etschoo!!’ He snapped into his hands. ‘…sorry, it’s not your fault. I do know how to shut it myself. We’re both forgetful.’ Chad added knowingly.

Looking over at Chad from the bed, the yellow light met his skin wonderfully. Leaving lovely shadows across his profile; framing the nose and the black lashes at his eyes as he looked down.

‘Listen…’ Tristan began slowly, ‘…if you ever like, need some kind of help or assistance with your allergies, like uhm...’

Chad looked over his shoulder as Tristan spoke. Meeting his eyes with a curious expression. The depth of those ocean eyes which’d sealed him forever.

‘…I don’t know, if I can make you feel better, in any way, just let me know.’

‘Oh… honey, that’s incredibly kind of you.’ Chad replied humbled.

‘Just so you know that I’m here for you. Not just… a bystander in your sufferings.’

‘….that is so sweet of you, truly…’ Chad’s eyes filled with tears of devotion. ‘…thank you so much.’

‘Wait… you’re crying now?’

‘It was just so unexpected…’ He sniffled, his fingers touching at the nose. The nostrils flared. He was going to sneeze again.

Eh…’ He hitched, his body turning to other side. ‘EhKnitsch!!’scho… Eitsch!!’uh… …oh goodness, Ah’Eitschioo!’

Tristan loved seeing Chad letting the sneezes out so freely.

‘…sorry I had to get rid of that tickle.’

‘You’re perfect.’ He hummed.

‘…stop it.’ Chad looked shy, sniveling incessantly. ‘I have to go and take a shower.’

~*~

Tristan went ahead to the kitchen, cooking them a wonderful breakfast with everything pertaining it. Coffee, strawberry jam, butter and toast, milk, eggs, yoghurt, fruits, peanuts, orange juice and cheese. He put it all on the table.

Chad had already dressed for the day; looking handsome in black trousers and a tucked in dark blue shirt. The semi long dark hair neatly combed behind his ears.

‘You look stunning.’ Tristan complimented, still in his pajamas.

‘Thank you. You’re awfully sweet this morning.’ Chad placed one hand at Tristan’s waist; giving him a brief hug.

The sweet smell of his skin mixed shower gel sent sweet tingles down Tristan’s spine.

‘The table looks wonderful.’ Chad let them part as he elegantly sat down.

‘Hope you’re hungry.’

‘I am, thank you…’

They feasted quietly. Tristan reflectively nibbled on a piece of toast.

He knew what he wanted to unlock and how he wanted it established. Staying up the entire night, he came to the conclusion that he needed to unfold the secret of his childhood. He refused to let painful memories be a controlling aspect of his life. He was an adult now and the one in control – or so he convinced himself. By taking the step into the unknown they’d be able to take another step into their relationship.

‘Everything okay?’

Chad broke the silence.

‘Hm? Yea, fine.’ Tristan, not overly confident, stayed stoic.

Chad gazed at him more closely.

‘You sure?’

‘Well uhm…’

It was not exactly according to plan; but he decided to swallow the bullet still.

‘Uhm… babe?’

‘Yes?’ Chad, sensing the seriousness instantly, placed down the coffee cup.

‘Uhm… so, uh… remember when we talked about, you know... my parents and all that?’

‘I remember, of course.’ Scratching at his nose swiftly, Chad gazed at him with such intensity; he all of sudden felt nervous.

‘…and uhm…’

‘You can talk to me about anything. Anything at all Tristan. I hope you know that.’

‘….yea.’

‘Always and anything.’

Chad grasped his hand at the table. Somehow the connection made it harder for Tristan to unravel the tied knots which suddenly felt like hard ropes.

‘So… I know I’m a difficult person sometimes.’ Tristan firstly admitted. ‘Kind of hard to read. I know I keep a shelter around me. A kind of a protection to myself.’

‘M-hm…’

‘And… well of course that gotta originate from somewhere, eh? I mean, I didn’t get this rhinoceros skin from anywhere, right?’ He used the sarcasm as joke; creating a swift break.

‘Right.’ Chad gave a small tensed smile.

‘Right.’

Tristan broke out in an uncomfortable sweat.

‘Is the air conditioner on?’

‘Yes.’ Chad softly nodded. ‘I flicked it on after I closed the windows.’

‘Great.’

Chad remained quiet; comfortingly rubbing his thumb at the top of Tristan’s hand.

‘So anyway, uhm…’ He cleared his throat. ‘I suppose you’ve been wondering about my mom and dad and what not? It’s not like I’ve talked about them a lot. ‘

‘No… that’s true.’

‘…and whenever you’ve been asking about them, about wanting to go see them, I’ve been saying they’re busy, right?’

‘M-hm…’

‘Yea so anyway I don’t wanna see or meet with them. And the reason why I don’t wanna do that is because my dad used to beat me.’

The air went still. No one said a word. It was the first time he’d ever spoken the words. He felt lifted. The angsty feelings absorbed. It was the closest thing to levitating.

‘So… he used to beat me.’

Tristan repeated, making sure he’d worded it correctly. Comprehending the sentence. Believing it. Making it true and actual.

‘…he uhm, actually...?’

Chad coaxed out. His mouth so dry he coughed.

‘Yea.’

Chad swallowed notably. Pushing down something that was trying to force itself out.

‘He used to push me… there were hair pulling, face slaps-‘

‘Oh my God…’ Chad voiced quietly. He’d hid his mouth with both hands. Eyes watering heavily.

‘… just… general beatings.’ Tristan exhaled. Glad to get more words out. Yet another stone lifted. A heavy burden that’d followed him around for so many years.

Chad, on the other hand, looked shockingly miserable.

‘F-for how long did… did he?’ He blinked, voice trembling. Tears dripping down his cheeks.

‘Use violence? I don’t know. It began around when I started school … it all progressed after that. He got very angry. Disappointed. Very bitter about life overall.’

‘I can’t believe he’d do that…’ Chad sniffled with the fingertips stroking the tears off his skin. ‘…his own son. It’s completely heartbreaking.’

‘Please don’t be so upset sweetie. It’s not worth crying over, please.’ Tristan squeezed his hand.

‘It’s awful Tristan…’ He sniffled.

‘I turned out okay, didn’t I?’ Tristan grinned charmingly. Trying to ease the energy and dissolving the sadness captured at his beloved’s face.

‘….there’s no justice in this world.’ Chad said silently, sniveling.

‘Don’t worry about it...’ Tristan brought Chad’s hand to his lips, kissing the top with affection. ‘…and anyway, he stopped doing it as I got older. I guess he figured I wasn’t as easy to control anymore as I grew stronger.’

‘….yea.’ Chad sniffled. ‘…it’s just so sad. Someone like you; so wonderful and caring and he just… lay his hands on you. You were only a kid. It’s truly horrible.’ He shook his head in disbelief.

‘It’s in the past, sweetie…’

Chad sniffled again, wiping at his nose with the back of his free hand.

‘I’ll get you some tissues.’

‘Oh… thank you…’

Tristan felt monitored fetching the box of tissues. Chad’s eyes never left his side.

Sitting back down at the table, Chad still eyed him watchfully.

‘I love you. I’m so sorry this happened to you.’

‘Really, I’m okay. I should thank you for being there; for allowing me to get this off my chest.’

‘…you’re amazing, you know that, don’t you?’ Chad softly smiled before turning halfway, blowing his nose subtly.

Tristan rested one hand onto Chad’s thigh.

Folding the tissue over, Chad placed it onto the table. Leaning closely, he let his lips brush against Tristan’s cheek.

‘I’m so glad you let me inside.’

As they kissed, Chad adoringly bumped his nose against Tristan’s.

Edited by Candy Dust

HELP i don't know where I got Ethan from 😭😭 autocorrect? Anyway, this was so emotional and lovely 💔 it was good to get some insight into TRISTAN and I hope there's more to come 😊