• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James (ellamalaka)

• The Sneezster

• Hedgehog

• cool_lissy

This story will continue so get out your hankies!

I'm just a bit busy with real life but I'm going to compose a side story involving the unfortunate illness of said clerk.

Thanks for all the appreciation, too. It is really difficult to put your deepest secrets out for others to see. You all have been great to deal with.

Edited by ellamalaka

You all have been great to deal with.

I think the word you're looking for there is "enjoy". :)

I know what you mean about scary it can be to share stories that involve your most intimate fantasies that might be seen as unusual, but believe me, there are plenty of us here who really appreciate your courage! I for one can't wait to see more of this and any spin offs with the "unfortunate" clerk! :twisted:

• 1 month later...

It will be back, complete with a segue into the sneezes of a certain lingerie salesgirl.

BTW, I'm not sure if I mentioned this earlier but this piece is partially inspired by, what was then, an ongoing sick fic called "Going Around." It detailed a cold that was passed from individual to individual, each part detailing one person's illness, then passing it along to the next victim. It was hosted by a Yahoo! Group devoted to sneezing. Anyone remember it?

sexyhankysneeze

This story will continue so get out your hankies!

I'm just a bit busy with real life but I'm going to compose a side story involving the unfortunate illness of said clerk.

Thanks for all the appreciation, too. It is really difficult to put your deepest secrets out for others to see. You all have been great to deal with.

speaking of hankies, you should introduce a few into this wonderful story :)

It will be back, complete with a segue into the sneezes of a certain lingerie salesgirl.

Oh Ella ....you're such a tease! bleh.gif

• 4 weeks later...

For fans of the serial, I offer this continued storyline Since the mysterious girl working in the lingerie department appeared in Part X this narrative is numbered X.I, X.II, and following.

Our heroine is a cold fetishist who hates to get sick herself. I've got some special noseblowing planned, for those that are into that sort of thing ;) Additionally, the'll be no shortage of sneezes, coughs, some sweaty fevers, probably some congested chests that need attention, and lots of my personal fave, hoarse and lost voices.

Part X.I

“She went home to bed”

Becky Lawrence had taken the part-time department store position her first semester of college. It was a perfect fit. She worked reasonable hours and got extra income while she was in school. Becky also got her employee discount of 25% off anything in the store, excluding some electronics like iPods, which meant that she could hit the best sales and fill her closet for less. At 21 and with just over a year to go in college she was having the time of her life going to school, spending time with her friends, and working at the store.

Working in the department store had another side benefit for Becky. A lot of women still shopped even if they were sick or had colds. This allowed Becky to appreciate them, and she loved ladies with colds. For two winters now she’d seen some pretty sights in her store.

Despite loving colds Becky hated catching them and she went to great lengths to hide even the smallest sniffle, for fear of being considered “sick.” She’d been very lucky and outside of a tiny case of sniffles her freshman year (which she hid in the ladies’ room stalls around campus and under the covers of her bed) she hadn’t caught anything for several years. That run of luck had led Becky to tell herself and those close to her that she “didn’t get sick.”

Becky mainly worked in lingerie and knew almost everything a girl could know about underwear by now. She had a large collection herself including slips, camisoles, and even a few body suits in addition to a rainbow of bras and panties. She’d been off since Thursday when she got a text from Justine, another part timer:

Monday 01:33

Hey Becks, is it possible for you to work this afternoon?

This semester Becky had all midmorning classes which allowed her to sleep in if she liked and still have all afternoon for homework and she usually worked at night from 5-9. It was getting closer to the end of the semester and she was very busy with school and didn’t really want extra hours. She sent back:

Monday 01:47

I’m really busy with school, where is Ginger?

Ginger was (predictably) a red headed lady of about 40 who was head over the lingerie department. She worked the normal weekday hours and was adept enough to cover the entire section on her own.

It wasn’t but a second after she replied that Justine sent her a text back:

Monday 01:48

She went home to bed

Becky stared at the message and wondered what exactly it meant. Another message from Justine flashed across her phone.

Monday 01:49

Can you please come in? We are really busy and I’m not feeling good.

Becky felt an explosion of butterflies in her stomach. “Oh.My.God.” she thought to herself. “I hope this is what I think it is.” Becky texted back:

Monday 01:50

Sure. I can be there by 3

It took all of 7 minutes for Becky to change her clothes, touch up her makeup and brush her hair. Even if Justine had cramps or something like that Becky was still happy to help her friend and co-worker. And if she had a cold… wow.

Becky dropped her phone into the pocket of her dark grey trench coat as she left her apartment that afternoon.

Part X.II

“…whether you catch a cold or one catches you…”

Becky tried to contain her excitement as she accelerated through the 15 minute drive to work. Her car was still cold and she could see her breath as she sang along with the radio. While she was sitting at a light, a commercial for cold medicine came on the radio. Becky, being the tuned cold fetishist, could identify it immediately and listened closely.

“This winter…”

A dramatic female voice said while ominous music played

“If you don’t catch it…”

The tone continued

“It will catch you!”

The crescendo of music and voice peaked and then a classic female sneeze.

“Ah-Choo!”

Then calming music and the same voice from before but now soothing

“This winter whether you catch a cold or one catches you ~ reach for Cold-Off brand medicine for all..”

Becky turned down the radio now that the ad was past all the juiciness. She took a deep breath and kept her foot on the gas.

The mall parking lot was very full, especially for the afternoon. Becky tightened her coat on the long walk (employees of her rank got the absolute worst places in the lot) and noticed that even in the middle of the day it was frigid and would probably rain, snow, or sleet this evening.

As she swooshed through the doors she could distinctly hear a female shopper to the far left, near the curtains and window treatments, let out a pair of fast sneezes.

Ait-TCHOOM!TCHOOM!

She looked over to the sound and saw the woman with her nose still in a white hanky. She didn’t blow but wiped her nose gently. When she finally withdrew her hands from her face her nose came into full view and it was red and swollen.

Turning towards lingerie, she walked briskly down the aisle until it was within earshot. It was very crowded in every department. Over the hum of conversation and music she finally could finally see and hear Justine. She was behind the register and there was a line of perhaps 6 customers.

Becky was headed to the backroom to clock in and put away her coat and other things. As she walked past Justine she could hear the black haired girl (who incidentally favored black in almost everything) say just four words to the customer:

“Thank you so much,”as she handed the plastic bag containing her purchases.

Becky didn’t have to hear Justine sniffling and coughing after that to know that she was sick. In those four words Becky could already tell that Justine had caught something. Justine’s voice had gone deep and broke a few places along her attempt to get those four words out.

In the backroom Becky could hear Justine coughing from up front and there was a half full bottle of red cough syrup sitting on the table by Justine’s purse.

Lovely as always! I'm so excited to see you continue this story :D And I love the way you draw things out nice and slowly, teases us with what we know is coming!

Thanks all. I have some fun noseblowing scenarios planned as well as all the usual cavalcade of respiratory delights. I'm liking this character and I hope to explore some of her limits.

Part X.III

“Who did you catch all that from?”

Becky rushed to the front as Justine hacked another fit. She took over the register with a pat on Justine’s shoulder as Justine ran in back still coughing. The next woman in line said that Justine “sounds like she needs some rest.” And Becky had explained that she had just found out that she wasn’t feeling good and came in to help. Justine continued to hack and Becky could hear her fairly well, despite the wall and 20 feet between them.

There were usually at least 2 people working the section at all times except before 11 when only Ginger covers everything herself. The schedule called for Ginger and Justine now and Becky and Justine from 5-9. The mystery of the missing Ginger loomed large in Becky’s mind.

Another text vibrated in Becky’s phone. She pulled it out and read quickly between customers:

2:33

I’m in the bathroom. Come get me when Rachel comes in, k?

It was Justine.

At about 2:58 Rachel did come to work. It took her a few minutes to put away her things but when she came to the front Becky gave her the register and went to the back. The cough syrup and Justine’s purse were no longer on the table. The light to the bathroom was on and the door was shut. Becky knocked tentatively at it. There was no sound from the other side.

“Justine?” she asked, but quietly. There was still no sound from behind the door.

Becky rapped on the door fair hard and said much louder “Justine!”

The poor girl’s hacking cough was still loud even behind the door as another fit hit her. When it passed Becky could hear the new hoarse, squeaky voice that Justine’s cold had given her.

“I’ll be out in a sec” she said, voice squeaky and weak.

Becky heard her blow her nose but it didn’t seem to clear. Another hacking fit and another fruitless nose blow and the light went out.

“Thank you so much for coming in and now I am going home” Justine squeaked through the sentence which made her cough again, this time into her balled up fist. She was standing in the doorway of the bathroom with her purse over her shoulder and a bottle of cough medicine in her hand.

Becky could see the fever in Justine’s eyes and cheeks. Her nose was big and red and stuck out almost as if it were lit by a bulb. Her eyes looked tired and all the usual perk that Justine brought had been stamped out by the bad colds in her head and chest.

“You sound awful,” was all that Becky could get out in a small voice, the stunningly sick Justine before her.

“Yeah, well, I feel that way too” was her hoarse, squeaked reply before she coughed again into a fist.

“Who did you catch all that from?” Becky ventured, now that Justine was talking and not rushing out the door. She gestured towards the sick girl’s face and chest.

“Oh my gosh, let me tell you…” Justine’s voice was broken and squeaky as she began.

Oh El, you make me so happy. Do you know that I've been compulsively checking for updates since you started this fic. I wouldn't mind if it went on forever!

Oh El, you make me so happy. Do you know that I've been compulsively checking for updates since you started this fic. I wouldn't mind if it went on forever!

Haha, thanks so much, and thank you everyone for the comments and views. I'm normally going to *try* and do updates every 2 or 3 days but no promises on that. I'm a busy guy who has to spend a lot of his time in the non-cold fetish worldweight_lift2.gif

Anyway, since this section is still in the early chapters I offer another installment today. Check back on Wednesday for the next.

Cheers all!

E

Part X.IV

“I really hope I don’t get a cough like that”

By the time Justine managed to squeak out her story Becky had an almost readymade cold narrative. Stephanie Valence, who was a first year teacher in 2nd grade and worked part time in the evenings and weekends, was the unfortunate lady who had spread a cold around the gals in the lingerie department. Ms. Valence had picked up her cold from her class of precocious germy children. She worked on Wednesday at 5 with Ginger and was apparently unable to go five minutes without sneezing. Even though Ginger hardly worked with Steph that night she still caught her cold. Ginger was already feeling bad on Thursday which is why she had already gone home by 5 when Becky had worked her last shift. Becky remembered that it was a bit odd that Ginger wasn’t at work last Thursday when she’d arrived. It wasn’t unprecedented but it was unusual. Ginger had gone home because she was getting sick.

Ginger worked on Friday sneezing with a cold. Justine worked Friday evening and thought that was probably when she caught it because she woke up on Saturday with a sore throat.

“I’m pretty sure I started to catch it Friday night because that’s when I worked with Ginger and she was sneezing. I woke up with a sore throat the next day and it had just gotten worse since,” she’d explained, her voice deliciously breaking, squeaky, and raspy. She followed it up with a big hacking cough fit into her fist.

On Saturday morning Stephanie called in sick and Ginger worked her shift with a big cold. She knew that Steph probably wouldn’t be in. She and Stephanie were pretty close and she knew that Ms. Valence’s 2nd grade class had a substitute teacher on Friday. Justine said she looked and sounded pretty miserable when she went home on Saturday. Her own cold had got worse as the night went on. Justine stayed home all Sunday and nursed her cold but it still got worse. She woke up with a terribly sore throat and an itchy cough along with a hoarse voice on Monday. She didn’t want to go to work but decided to tough it out.

What Justine rasped and squeaked to Becky next she found the most thrilling of all. Justine had come in at noon and found Allison from cosmetics ringing up sales at their counter. Ginger was in the back and she had absolutely no voice. She’d only come in to work to let them know she was sick and coordinate some replacements. She planned on leaving when Justine got in.

Justine told Becky that Ginger’s cough was barking and was a lot worse than her own.

“I really hope I don’t get a cough like that,” her voice squeaked as she explained it.

Part X.V

“That cold is really kicking her butt”

Justine made her way out of the store with a cough that was obviously still getting worse despite treatments of cherry cough syrup that were beyond recommended. Rachel looked over at Becky as Justine left.

“Tis the season, I suppose,” she summed it up. What an odd phrase, thought Becky. To think of colds as being “in season.” Rachel’s commentary on the season stayed in Becky’s mind for the rest of the evening.

At about 4:15 Rose from home appliances came by and asked Becky where Ginger was.

“Where’s Ginger? We need to start coordinating inventory coverage,” asked the woman who was about Ginger’s age.

“Oh, uh, I heard that she went home early,” the question unnerving Becky a bit as she thought about sick Ginger.

“She did? Why?” Rose asked directly and with a touch of suspicion.

“She’s sick. Justine told me she’d lost her voice,” was Becky’s hurried reply, feeling embarrassed hearing herself say words like ‘sick’ and especially ‘lost her voice.’

Rose’s manner immediately turned. “Oh, that’s right, poor thing. She had a bad cold at the department meeting on Friday. She’s still sick?”

“Yeah, she is. Justine told me that she caught it on Wednesday from Stephanie. The school teacher?” Becky explained as Rose raised an eyebrow.

“Oh, the one who teaches?” Rose said with recognition.

“Yeah, apparently she had it and gave it to Ginger,” Becky finished.

“Well, I’m sorry to hear that. I hope she gets better soon,” Rose consoled before she asked, “well, where is Justine?”

Becky had navigated the cold conversation well, but now she was being asked to provide more information. She felt hot all over and embarrassed.

“Well, I guess Justine kinda caught it from Ginger because she went home, too. I’m working for her,” she had gotten the words out and her head felt light.

Rose stood for just a second and said, “Well, I’m very sorry to say it but it sounds like the gals in lingerie have caught a bad cold.” She turned and left for appliances.

At about 8 the traffic had died down and Rachel was cleaning in the back.

“Ick,” she said coming up front. “Ginger left a ton of used tissues back there and her trash can was overflowing. I just cleaned them up.”

“She’s really sick it seems,” Becky added.

“Yeah, she had tissues, cough drop wrappers, and several empty bottles of cough medicine. Poor thing. That cold is really kicking her butt,” Rachel finished with emphasis.

“I guess there are a lot of colds and things going around right now, huh?” she offered, hoping Rachel would continue to use such cute phrases while talking about colds.

“Yeah, I’m hoping I don’t catch one of my own,” Rachel’s tone was sweet.

“I know, I hope Ginger doesn’t get anyone else sick,” Becky lied.

“Well, actually Nancy has a catchy little cold at the moment that I am trying not to get. She’s already given it to her sister, and has been kind enough to sneeze on me since she caught it.” Rachel offered a window for Becky to view another cold. Nancy lived with Rachel. She was a paralegal who worked in town.

Becky thought that Rachel might be a bit of a cold fetishist with the way she expressed everything so cutely. Maybe an unconscious one. Then again, she thought, it could just be me.

“Nancy has a catchy little cold” she echoed back, trying out the phrase in her head.

Part X.VI

“…she woke up unable to talk yesterday…”

As the lights dimmed on the racks of bras and panties Becky was dodging freezing raindrops on her way across the parking lot. It was a long drive home and her car didn’t warm up until she was nearly there. She was tired and excited at the same time. She’d been professional at work but was now letting herself reflect on the luscious sickness that was on display. Apparently Ginger had something so bad that she was in bed and couldn’t talk. And Justine wasn’t far behind her, poor dear. She was a coughing, squeaky-voiced mess this afternoon before she’d left for home. “Tis the season,” she thought to herself in Rachel’s voice. And Rachel who apparently had a friend with a catchy cold that she was trying to avoid getting sick with. It was an exciting day that led to a lot more excitement behind the closed doors of her room when she got home…

Becky got up Tuesday morning and started looking through her closet for an outfit. She brewed some coffee and kept going through her clothes in search of something she’d like to wear. It took her about half an hour to decide on a brown sweater that was low cut and black slacks. She then spent another 10 picking out pink lace boy-leg panties with a matching bra that had a tiny closure strap in the front that was invisible despite the swoop of her sweater. Armored behind her trench coat she scooted her way to class on mid-level black heels. Her feet were freezing.

Her only class that day was a seminar. It was with one of her favorite professors and the other students were involved, making their time rewarding. Professor Lillian Fielder was in her 7th year at the school and well loved by students and faculty alike. The topic of the class was environmental psychology and each student read one book on the topic per week and submitted a review.

She got to class early and spent the time trying to stop shivering from her cold feet. Everyone arrived before the hour but Professor Fielder had not arrived. At precisely 10 am Professor Sheridan from psychology entered the class and started taking roll. When she was finished she addressed the class.

“As many of you know Professor Fielder came down with a bad cold last week.” Actually, Becky didn’t know this but she was sorry she missed it. In fact, Professor Fielder had seemed a little tired and disengaged in the seminar the week before. Becky was very sensitive to her but later decided that it was just her imagination and wishful thinking that led her to believe that her psychology professor was getting sick.

Professor Sheridan continued, “Being the trooper that she is, Lillian continued to teach last week despite her illness. She even made it through her Friday 3pm freshman class of 150 students. Unfortunately, Professor Fielder’s cold got worse over the weekend and she woke up unable to talk yesterday and her voice has still not returned today. Since you all meet just once a week I have looked over your reviews and am prepared to conduct a discussion on the books you’ve read.”

Part X.VII

“…still sick in bed, can you cover her shift ..?”

Becky was almost completely dumbfounded. Another woman she was close to and admired had gotten sick and lost her voice. The seminar continued. At the break she chatted with some of the other girls about Professor Fielder’s cold. Kristy had several classes with her so she decided to see what she knew.

“So Lil is pretty sick, huh?” she only called her Lil in confidence with other students.

“My gosh, yes, I have her for abnormal and developmental and she was already sick last Tuesday afternoon. After this class I have her for abnormal and she was already sneezing. She wasn’t sneezing in this class, though, was she?” Kristy interrupted her monologue to query.

“She seemed a little out of it but I don’t remember her sneezing,” Becky added thinking about what a sweety her professor could be.

“Yeah, because it surprised me that she’d gotten sick so fast. She was sneezy in class on Tuesday afternoon. Of course, I have her for developmental Monday and Wednesday mornings and she was full on sick that morning. Sneezy, sneezy. And then on Thursday afternoon again for abnormal she was sneezing and blowing her nose but also coughing now, too. She sent an e-mail on Sunday evening to the developmental class explaining that she was still really sick and that she was losing her voice now so she modified the assignment so that we would do more talking in class. On Monday morning she sent an e-mail saying she’d lost her voice and canceled class.”

“And her voice still isn’t back today,” Becky concluded.

“Apparently not. I bet she sounded awful on Friday afternoon. I was surprised she came in on Wednesday and really surprised on Thursday” Kristy had given a rather dramatic retelling of Lillian Fielder’s cold.

“Let’s hope she gets to feeling better,” Becky finished as they walked back into class and continued the discussion. The class ended early and Becky could hear her phone vibrating with just a few minutes to go. She had several messages that she read as she crossed the chilly campus. They were all from coworkers asking how soon she could help out at work. Apparently, lingerie was being staffed by the women in cosmetics and everything was very busy.

She had lunch and then reported to work. Ginger was still out, as was Justine, and Stephanie Valence’s 2nd grade class was under the direction of Tara Buford, a substitute teacher, for the 3rd straight day, which meant she would not be working her evening shift.

“Steph is still sick in bed, can you cover her shift tonight?” Rose had asked her. As the department manager paired with Ginger she’d decided to help out.

“Sure, no problem,” was Becky’s reply to inheriting several hours of work from sick Stephanie this evening.

Hey gang,

I just noticed that I posted the 1st part of this serial 1 year ago yesterday. Happy birthday, story!

I'll keep writing them if you'll keep reading them. Here's to many happy returns.

E

Wow. Has it been a whole year that Trish et al have been running through my mind? I never get tired of this story and keep looking forward to updates.

I'll keep writing them if you'll keep reading them. Here's to many happy returns.

E

And I'll keep reading if you keep writing! :D Here's to another year of contagion! :cheers: