Sneeze Fetish Forum

Oh wow, one year already? Time flies so fast and your installments don't get old. I never get tired of them :) Please keep on writing! :) And here's to another year cheers.gif

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James (ellamalaka)

• The Sneezster

• Hedgehog

• cool_lissy

Thanks all, no plans for this cold to stop going from nose to nose!

By the way, for all you following the story from the beginning this is where the two stories finally cross. The present installment can be connected with Part X of the first story. Enjoy!

Part X.VIII

“Oh, I’ll be fine. I’m not going to catch it”

The evening was a mixture of very busy at times and very empty at times. Becky was tired and her feet had been cold all day. She was ready to go home and relax. Suddenly Becky heard two wet sneezes from across the store. They were distinct but congested and harsh. Noseblowing followed, loud and to a honk. It was a woman with her back turned. She had brunette curls that went past her shoulders. When she turned, Becky saw how red her nose was and also the collection of tissues in her hand. She approached her with a big helpful smile on her face.

“Do you have a cold?” she asked, although it was painfully obvious she did.

“Yeah, I have a little…” the woman began in her stuffed up voice before she broke off, scrunched her nose up, and sent two of her sneezes straight into Becky’s face.

Becky’s face was covered in the woman’s sneeze. She stood almost motionless feeling it on her. The surprise finally gave way and she was only left with excitement.

The woman ran her snotty tissues under her nose which was red and peeling, blowing it with little success. The cold was thick in her nose.

“Yeah, I’m sick with a little cold. I caught it up at work,” she explained, her voice congested.

Becky gave her a smile. “Tis the season. I’m filling in for someone who is sick in bed right now.

The brunette blew her red nose again saying, “well, be careful, you don’t want to catch what’s going around.”

“Oh, I’ll be fine. I’m not going to catch it,” she deflected the suspicion.

Becky was kind enough to take the sick girl’s tissues to throw them away as she left. She held them, smelling the woman’s perfume and cough drops on the tissues. They were all soaking wet.

The memory remained strong of the sneeze that hit her right in the face. She’d never been sneezed on, unexpectedly like that or otherwise, and the memory thrilled her to no end. She refrained from thinking about it as much as possible until she was home and could process just how unbelievable it all was.

Becky wasn’t the least bit tired as she slipped between her sheets in just a silk night gown that covered her from head to toe. Her laptop was in front of her and she propped herself up on several pillows. She went to an often visited but never favorited internet forum devoted to sneezing and colds. Under her screen name ‘ColdMiseryMistress’ she started a new post entitled ‘So I got sneezed on today…” and began typing her recollection of the event.

Becky had trouble finishing the lengthy and detailed post but she persevered. She didn’t usually have material for the forum so she felt spectacular about offering it to her online friends. Each line was a celebration of her cold fetish and it turned her on greatly to write about what had happened.

It was well after midnight when Becky finally slumbered off to sleep, the memory of a beautiful woman sneezing in her face playing over and over like a video on repeat.

Part X.IX

“…creeping fear and denial that she was going to get sick…”

Becky swam to unconsciousness as her alarm beeped. She was unusually exhausted, and her body ached. Especially where she had flexed herself during much self-pleasing the night before, she thought. Her shoulders were also tired and weak. She checked the sneeze fetish forum and saw several replies to her post, mostly encouragement and thanks for her obs, but also one that made her both uncomfortable and turned on again at the same time.

SneezyPhan

Great obs and it sounds like you really enjoyed it. I guess this means you’ll be giving us a self-obs about your cold here soon?

The suggestion that Becky Lawrence was going to catch cold was preposterous. At the same time, Becky had an incredible feeling of denial inside herself. She’d been sneezed on by an obviously sick woman. She both loathed and hoped for a cold of her own. All of the overlapping conflict inside made her incredibly turned on and Becky had to retreat to bed for another round of sneeze sexual delights.

Before she left for class Becky replied to the forum with:

ColdMiseryMistress

Sorry to disappoint you SneezyPhan, but this Mistress doesn’t catch cold ;)

It was another day of winter weather. Although she didn’t consider it a snow day, scattered flurries were occasionally being driven on the sharp wind. Becky huddled into the buildings with her classmates, coats and heavy clothes making their bodies big and soft in a crowded hallway. There were scattered coughs and sneezes but nothing she could ever identify. She was slightly unprepared for class owing to her extra hours and work but managed to pick her way through the lectures, taking appropriate notes that would direct her later reading of the material she’d missed. Her shoulders and back were tight and sore and her mind wandered a bit to Justine giving her a massage and telling her about how she got the cold, in a hoarse, breathy voice. Justine was wearing one of their matching bra and panty sets, the red one that sits above the counter to the top left, complete with stockings and garter belt. She had a really bad cough, too…

“Which is why neural receptors often respond better when…”

The harshness of Professor Bell’s lecture broke the mini-fantasy she’d just had about Justine. She shook her head to clear it. Becky was without a doubt feeling very outside her normal element. From the sex- and adrenaline-driven thrill of getting sneezed on last night, to her now creeping fear and denial that she was going to get sick, to fantasies about a co-worker? She bunched her shoulders trying to stretch them and her back as she went back to notes about the brain.

As Becky gathered her things and prepared to leave for class something happened to her that had never happened before. She’d been sneezed on by a sick woman the evening before for the first time in her life and now something else occurred that Becky had never encountered. As Becky put her purse over her shoulder she swallowed reflexively. Her throat had been dry throughout the lecture and she’d made a special note to go get a drink of water as soon as class ended. She was very thirsty now. As Becky swallowed over her dry throat, she felt a harsh soreness spread over it.

Becky paused for a second, feeling the pain, a cold sweat breaking out on her body before she grabbed her things and walked briskly to the water fountain.

Oh boy! Becky's getting sick! I've been waiting and waiting for this.

Have I mentioned that I just love this story?

Yup! But prepare yourself for a slow, torturous build-up and about 17 dump trucks full of denial.

Part X.X

“Since I’m not getting sick…”

The fountain had, so very thankfully for Becky, no line. When Becky swallowed in class and felt that her throat was sore she had a mini-panic. “What is going on in my throat?” she almost screamed inside her head. “My gosh, it feels like I scraped my throat,” she thought as she ran for the fountain.

“My throat is dry and it needs water,” thought Becky as she covered the paces to the fountain. She told herself that a few gulps would soothe her throat and get her back to normal. Each gulp made her a liar as the soreness in her throat showed up with each swallow of water. She drank again, and again it didn’t lessen in severity.

Becky did not want to believe that her throat was sore so she told herself that she’d allowed it to get too dry, and that had caused some pain in there. “I don’t get sore throats so this must be a dry throat,” she said to herself, even though dry air or lack of water had never made her throat sore before. Even when she went skiing in Colorado. Or hiking in the desert. But none of that really mattered right now because 1. Becky Lawrence didn’t get sore throats and 2. Becky’s throat wasn’t sore now, it was just too dry.

As she went to her next class all the while avoiding swallowing, Becky reminded herself that rehydrating the body took time and the water she just drank would not reach her dry throat for perhaps another hour. Her shoulders and back were tired and achy but she stretched them as she went, trying to get them feeling more comfortable.

She avoided swallowing as much as possible but inevitably, her curiosity won out at times and she tried it. Each time Becky’s throat was persistently sore. As time expired on the lecture Becky felt a heaviness enter her sore shoulders and back. It felt more difficult to even walk, like her body had already been walking all day. Scrunching her shoulders she refused to let weakness overcome her frame. She swallowed her sore throat and walked to the water fountain, again taking painful gulps.

Out in the windy walk home her throat felt sore just breathing the frigid air but she ignored the sensation, concentrating on making her tired legs carry her back. Once inside she sat in a heap with her bags in her big puffy chair, feeling how sore and tired her body was before she realized there was no time to stop before leaving for work.

“Since I’m not getting sick,” she thought to herself as she touched up her makeup and noticed that her eyes looked a little dull, “I should really display my health,” she concluded. Most women, having been sneezed on by another sick person, would prepare themselves for a cold. If her body was tired and achy the next day and her throat started getting sore she’d probably dress warmly and make sure her throat and chest were covered in clothes and a scarf.

Becky knew that’s what most women did when they were getting a cold, but since she wasn’t getting a cold why should she dress like she is? The low-cut white blouse Becky wore to work was almost transparent; the outline of the careful lace stitching of her half-cup bra pressed up against the thin fabric and descended beneath her breasts. A tiny strap of silk, hidden just below the plunging neckline of her thin blouse, attached her bra in the front.

A small jacket and purse later, she was off to the mall.

Part X.XI

“…you are the only girl around here that hasn’t caught this yet…”

It was with fond memories of work that a tired and achy Becky shivered her way into the Lingerie department that afternoon. Her throat was clearly sore but she was in full denial of the development. She was working with Rachel who was beginning to succumb to the catchy little cold she’d said her girlfriend Nancy had. Although it was slight Becky knew Rachel well enough to hear the minute amount of stuffiness in the girl’s voice. She also watched Rachel give subtle and small sniffs at her nose. They were always wet.

For awhile, listening to Rachel made Becky forget about her achy body and throat. The girl had relayed a story about a sick friend the day before and now here she was at work with a runny nose. “Rachel’s catching Nancy’s cold,” Becky concluded as Rachel gave another wet sniffle and decided to work up the courage to ask her about it. Each time Becky would hear her give the small, secretive wet sniffle Becky would think about it, coming to conclusions each time. “My coworker Rachel is sniffling today. She’s probably getting sick,” Becky composed her cold fetish narrative.

It seemed like Rachel’s stuffiness got worse after 5. They had a rush of customers and when Becky listened to her talk, it seemed like you could hear a little more cold in her voice. It was still small but after the rush died down Becky could hear that Rachel had a regular sniffle.

“And by 6 that evening Rachel had a sniffle of her own in contrast to the slight runniness of the day,” Becky composed, thinking of her post to the forum.

Another sniffle perked up the now very sore shoulders that Becky was self-massaging. She was getting extremely tired and her thin shirt had led to bouts of occasional shivers. Rachel’s latest sniffle was the deepest yet and as Becky turned towards her she saw the girl pull an ordinary white cloth hanky from her jacket, give a slight intake of breath, and then sneeze daintily into it.

<Ait-Tschoo!> the small wet sneeze crashed into her hanky and she blew her nose, placing it back in her jacket as she sniffled again and rubbed her nose.

Without turning towards Becky she said, “Can you tell I’m catching cold?”

“Is that what it is?” asked a nearly exasperated Becky. Rachel turned towards her now, the slight redness in her nose showing for the first time.

“Well yeah, I mean,” her voice was delightfully stuffy from the first sneeze of her cold, “roommate with a catchy cold, sniffling the next day and now sneezing. Oh, and did I mention that my throat has been sore since we were talking last night? Yeah, I’m catching it. I’m getting sick,” she finished with a smile.

“Poor thing,” Becky offered, but almost sounded like she was glad.

“And this also means that you need to stay at least 10 feet away from me because you are the only girl around here that hasn’t caught this yet. I’m not going to get you sick so stay over there,” Rachel said with a bit of a laugh pointing to her side of the store.

I adore catchy little colds! I wish I had someone to share one with me.

I feel positive that Becky's cold will dwarf Rachel's. Perhaps when they are both cold-ridden together, Becky can pass her awful cold along to Rachel, to add on to her catchy little one.

My goal for 2013 is to provide the community here with this ongoing serial. Writing this has really allowed me to express what I like and appreciate in a supportive and positive environment. As long as the mods don't have a problem with it I will simply continue to update this thread and explore the multifacets of the cold fetish. As always, thanks for reading and enjoying. w00t.gif

Part X.XII

“Yeah, you sound like you’re getting sick”

Becky became a little defensive over Rachel’s assumption that she may catch her cold.

“Oh, I never get sick or catch colds,” Becky defended, feeling that her throat was indeed more sore than ever.

“Well, good because I’m afraid this stuff is very contagious. Apparently I can give this to a customer if I touch her receipt or purchases. I wonder how many will catch it off me today?” Rachel mused, giggling through the bit of congestion in her nose. “The good thing is,” she continued, “is that it won’t kill you.”

“Oh?” said Becky, thrilled and unable to say anything more.

“Yeah, Stephanie is finally feeling a little better this evening. She and I have been texting and she said her fever broke and her cough is actually productive now instead of the congested bark she’s had the last few days. She said her voice is still completely gone but she feels better.”

“Well, that’s good news I suppose,” Becky said, which wasn’t a lie. She longed for Stephanie to get over her cold and get back to work so she could hear about it.

“Yeah, poor Ginger is still in the midst of the worst of it but she’ll be back before too long. Both those girls have done a lot of sneezing and coughing this past week…” her voice trailed off suddenly as another little sneeze attacked her nose.

<Ait-Tschoo!> it sounded like her first one but harsher, having caught her by surprise. She sneezed into her hand, not having the time to get her hanky out. She finished by pulling it out and wiping her wet hand before taking the hanky and placing it over her nose and giving a gentle blow.

“Can you hear that my congestion is building?” Rachel asked, and in the question the increased stuffiness was evident.

“Yeah, you sound like you’re getting sick,” Becky offered, now painfully aware of her throat and tired body.

“I guess the class will have their teacher back tomorrow, albeit one with a voice a lot hoarser than they are used to. This crud is really bad. She said her return is well-timed as it seems like her sub is now getting it!”

“Oh my gosh, no way,” said Becky in disbelief and appreciation for how contagious it seemed.

“Yeah, Steph figures she caught it from picking up the lesson plans. Tara would come by her house in the morning and pick them up before school and see if Steph was well enough to return. Tara lives not far from her and Steph gave her a heads up last Thursday night that she would probably need a sub on Friday.”

“Geez, poor girl was trying to help out a sick friend and ended up sick herself,” Becky added, thinking of her future post to the forum.

“Yeah, Steph said it’s fairly comical this morning, two women with half a voice between them and enough cough for four.”

The evening was dragging on and Becky was about exhausted. Her throat had a growing soreness that put her in denial mode. Rubbing her temples she felt a headache beginning.

Part X.XIII

“And here come the sneezes”

06:37

How are you feeling?

Becky sent a text to Justine that evening tentatively checking on the brunette’s health. She and Rachel helped the slow stream of customers and chatted when the store was empty. After a third tickly little sneeze and nose blow into her hanky Rachel offered a stuffy, “I have officially caught myself a cold.”

“Oh?” Becky said again, unable to find any real words.

“Yeah, I think that sneeze pretty much seals it. I’m sick,” she said with a flutter of her eyes and another sniffle on her nose. “My poor nose has a cold in it,” she rubbed a finger under her reddening nostrils.

“So how can you tell that you’ve ‘caught’ a cold?” Becky had the courage to ask as it seemed like Rachel wanted to talk about it, too.

“Well,” Rachel said looking away and rubbing her nose again, “I guess I consider myself sick after that sneeze because I’m really achy and tired now, and I can really feel the cold settling into my nose.”

“So it happened that fast?” Becky asked with a smirk. Rachel’s face returned the upturn of the lips.

“Kinda. I was ‘catching’ the cold before,” she clarified.

“Of course,” Becky responded, her intimate knowledge of colds bubbling to the surface. “How is Nancy?”

Rachel laughed again. “Not great. It isn’t in her chest like the stuff Ginger and Steph have. It’s a head cold but pretty bad. She’s sneezing and completely stuffed up,” she sniffled her own wet nose before taking out her hanky and wiping it. “And I’ve caught it,” she sniffled again.

Several groups of women filed into the store and Becky and Rachel assisted them. Although Becky listened closely Rachel didn’t sneeze while the store was busy but she did give steady small sniffles on her nose. Her voice had slight congestion in it when she spoke but Becky guessed it would be hard for anyone who didn’t know Rachel well to tell.

It was getting time to close and Becky hadn’t heard back from Justine. Her throat was annoyingly sore each time she swallowed and she was exhausted. She was ready to go home. At about 7:50 Rachel let out a long sigh. Becky looked over at her. She looked exhausted, too. She had circles under her eyes and a pale complexion aside from a reddening nose. Suddenly she twitched her nose and sneezed twice.

<Ait-Tschoo!> <Uhh-Ait-Tschoo!>

Both bent her significantly and filled her nose completely for the first time. She blew copiously into her hanky. “Uhh, I am sick!” she exclaimed, her voice now starting to sound characteristically congested from a cold.

“I can tell from your voice that you’ve caught a cold now,” Becky told her.

“Yeah, I’ve been feeling it move in here the last h—o-u-r,” her voice hitched and

<Ait-Tschoo!>

She sneezed again, this time into her hanky and followed it immediately with what was clearly a noseful from her sneeze. “And here come the sneezes,” she lamented

They were going home and still no word from Justine. Rachel was starting a regular sneeze and noseblow routine. Becky counted the 17th sneeze of her cold from across the parking lot as the ladies got in their cars. Rachel’s latest sneeze was much like the ones before it but little bigger and carried on the harsh winter wind.

Merry Christmas! This is the 1st of 2 updates today in appreciation for the fans.

Part X.XIV

“Becky’s mission this Thursday was to hide her sniffles”

Becky shivered through the dark car ride home to a room that was barely warmer. She changed into a night gown and got under her covers, her achy body finally at rest. Her throat definitely hurt and she just wasn’t feeling right. Becky Lawrence didn’t get sick nor was she willing to admit that she was getting sick. In fact, the worse Becky felt the more she was going to go out of her way to show how healthy she was.

And so, it was with an achy body and a sore throat that Becky Lawrence spent the evening writing out vivid descriptions of all the colds and sneezing that she’d seen over the last few days. The material that ColdMiseryMistress added to the Sneeze Forum that night was careful and detailed, her finest work yet. By the time she went to sleep well after midnight Becky’s throat was so sore that she’d started clearing it a lot to ease the pain.

She woke up in a haze around 3 am and went to the bathroom. Her head hurt and felt thick. Her ears felt clogged and her throat was so sore she winced when she swallowed and put a hand to her chest. She shivered for awhile back under her covers, swallowing and clearing her throat. Although she didn’t know it, Becky’s temperature was already over 99 as her body tried to fight off the growing infection in her throat.

The alarm was unforgiving. Her head hurt and it made it throb even after she smacked it off. One swallow and Becky discovered that not only did her throat hurt worse but the area had spread further up. She groaned realizing that congestion had built up in her nose and chest a little bit while she’d been asleep.

Becky cleared her nose in the shower and hoped the steam would soothe her terribly sore throat. Out of the shower and shivering, Becky’s nose had a slight dribble that persisted beyond a few sniffles. She stood for awhile, shivers rippling over her skin as she sniffled at her runny nose and cleared her throat. Becky was a little concerned about how she was going to hide her sniffles. “If anyone hears me sniffling they might think that I’m catching cold.” Becky was mortified at the thought.

Becky’s mission this Thursday was to hide her sniffles. She didn’t want anyone to hear her runny nose or think that she might be getting sick. Despite and achy body, sore throat, and just generally not feeling well Becky rejected weakness and decided she was not getting sick. She stood outside, sniffling her nose and clearing her throat as much as possible before she went in.

Once inside her nose ran even more but it was easy to disguise her sniffling it in the sounds of the hall. She cleared her nose as best she could and cleared her throat again before going into class and taking her seat.

w00t.gif Thanks Sneezster!

Part X.XV

“Did she hear me sniffling!?”

Slowly, slowly a dribble of runniness began in Becky’s nose as she sat taking notes. Her throat was all achy and sore, her shoulders and back felt like she’d just worked out. Little waves of chill covered her entire body from the small temperature she was already running. Small silent intakes of breath had kept her nose at bay but by the end of class the build-up was becoming too much. Becky needed to audibly sniffle her nose or blow it before the contents ended up on her upper lip.

For just a brief instant Becky once again flashed to the curly-headed woman who had sneezed on her the few nights before at work. “I’m catching a cold,” a voice in her head said before she shoved aside the thought, acted as if she were getting something out of her purse and used the zipper pull to mask a sniffle. She looked through her purse for a highlighter, pulled it out and placed an utterly useless yellow mark on her page of notes. She never highlighted like this. Placing the marker back she used the zipper to cover another sniffle and gently touched her nostrils as she straightened again and resumed her notes.

Unfortunately, the sniffles were rather enjoying Becky’s nose this morning and had decided “the more the merrier.” The tiny, inaudible sniffs that had kept her nose runniness away at the beginning of class were no longer adequate as the last few minutes of class were expiring.

Becky Lawrence added another completely irrelevant and unnecessary highlight to her page of notes and used the sound of her purse zipper to cover up a sniffle. She felt rather pathetic doing it the second time. She wasn’t feeling well and actually wanted to blow her nose or give it a hearty sniffle but was too embarrassed to even think about it. She felt miserable and trapped.

The last few minutes of class hung on like a late winter chill. Becky finally resigned to pressing the sleeve of her jacket to her nose and there were two wet spots on it when she drew it back. She turned the wet part of her sleeve inside so that no one would see it. As soon as class dismissed she bent over her bags giving big, but consciously muted sniffles to get her nose under control.

“Hey Becks, we should probably meet this weekend and get our parts lined out for the presentation next week,” came the voice of Pamela, one of her fellow group members. Hot embarrassment spread over Becky’s body.

“Did she hear me sniffling!?” came the voice inside Becky’s head. The embarrassment faded, cooling her body quickly and she visibly shivered as she replied, “Yeah, I’ll get my work schedule tonight and let you know.”

Becky got embarrassed again as she heard her own voice. To her ears there was a tone in her voice that sounded like she had a runny nose. It was extremely small and she hoped that Pamela couldn’t hear it.

“That’s great, let me know and we’ll get it all tied up this weekend,” Pamela finished before the two girls said their goodbyes and headed out.

sexyhankysneeze

oh my god, this is so tense. we've completely changed characters as well haven't we? xD

glad of the noseblowing and especially the hanky use thats in it now ;)

Part X.XVI

“See, your cough is getting out of control”

If Becky Lawrence were completely honest with herself that afternoon between classes she would have admitted that, although her outward visible symptoms were barely noticeable, she felt awful. For several years she’d managed to avoid the microscopic germs that plagued just about everyone else. She’d just missed them, stepped aside their path, or arrived a few minutes late (or early) to catch them.

This time Becky was unlucky. Her body had been successfully invaded by not one but several nasty pathogens that doctors around the area had observed in succession this cold and flu season. Two weeks prior to the day and hour Becky had walked by the office of the secretary to the Psychology department. Sandra Price was a precise and reliable woman who had just turned 39 two days before and looked a lot like a young Helen Mirren. The poor woman was sitting at her desk with her face buried in her hands. She felt awful this afternoon, much like Becky did at present. In fact, she caught the same concoction of illnesses that Becky was currently fighting and it had just come on quickly and left her feeling terrible. Her throat had only gotten sore the day before but she woke up with an achy body, sore throat, a small fever and the sniffles. Outwardly she didn’t appear very ill but Sandra hadn’t felt this badly in years. She caught her usual count of colds and even had bronchitis three years ago along with a bad cold and kept a cough for about two weeks, but this was something altogether worse. Sandra toughed out the day sniffling heavy but called in sick on Friday, Monday, and Tuesday as the epic colds made their way through her system.

Sandra Price knew by this time how ill she was getting but Becky Lawrence was a hardened cold-fetishist who was going to deny and hide her cold for as long as she possibly could. She was pretty good at it, too, but perhaps not as good as she thought.

Violet Holiday shared a seat next to Becky in the Thursday afternoon class. She’d been getting a bigger and bigger crush on the “Lingerie Sales Girl” as she called her in her fantasies as the semester went on. Violet was a secret cold fetishist like Becky but her main love was caretaking. The thought of an ill Becky had dominated the thoughts about her since she’d heard her exclaim that she didn’t get sick. She assumed a girl who didn’t think she ever got sick would be the greatest patient to comfort. She’d probably never give in and ask for help until she couldn’t even get out of bed.

Violet imagined Becky in bed, her lovely hair all in a mess, forehead knotted and hot with fever, hacking a nasty cough in her fist. She’d spoon cough syrup up, convincing Becky to take it even though she hated the taste. Becky’s voice would be hoarse and she’d protest weakly with it causing an even bigger coughing fit. “See, your cough is getting out of control. You need to take your medicine,” she’d chide putting the spoonful in her mouth.

If anyone could see through Becky’s defenses it would be Violet. It may have been Becky’s unlucky day but it was decidedly lucky for Violet Holiday.

Happy New Year!

Part X.XVII

“She was certain that Becky would try to hide a cold, if she caught one…”

Becky hid herself in a bathroom stall, sitting and taking lengths of toilet paper to her nose. Even though she enjoyed the privacy of the bathroom she refused to blow her nose in any audible fashion. The facilities were busy between classes and she could have given it the needed cleaning but fear of another girl hearing her noseblow and assuming she was catching a cold kept her from it. She wiped at her nose, swallowing over her sore throat a few times and trying to stretch her achy shoulders and back. Although the school’s commercial toilet paper was rough on her nose she took a length and hid it in the bottom of her purse. With a low groan she picked up her bags and exited the bathroom. A throat-stinging drink at the fountain later and she was sitting in class looking over her notes and preparing for the lecture.

Violet Holiday made it into class just before it began and was still getting out her notebook when the professor began the lecture. She stole some glances at cute Becky who was actually looking a little tired today. “I bet she’s been working late hours at the store this week. She looks tired today,” went her train of thought. Then, Violet allowed herself to imagine Becky coming home tired after a long day of work with a runny, tickly nose that made her sneeze in little spraying ‘Ah-choos.’

Although she liked where her thoughts were headed, Violet had to restrain herself and get back into the lecture. She was still at school, after all. Still even as she took precise notes on the lecture she couldn’t help but notice that Becky seemed to be gently, but regularly giving tiny sniffles on her nose. At first she doubted it. The most likely explanation was that Violet’s wishful thinking was taking over and she was seeing sniffles because she found them adorable. Eventually, though, she realized that Becky truly was subtly sniffling at her nose.

“Wow,” was all that Violet could say in her head. Her mind flashed back to the semester when she’d heard several girls in small huddle having a conversation. Becky was one of them and initially she hadn’t paid attention until she’d heard one of them respond with a, “I usually catch a cold.” She immediately tuned into what they were talking about. She remembered that Becky had giving a dismissive and very authoritative “Oh, I never catch colds.”

“Glorious,” she thought. Becky clearly loved to deny colds and was probably fussy and thoroughly tantalizing when she had one. Still, in the 2 years they’d been going to school together she’d never seen her miss a day to illness or even have something as severe as a sniffle. She was certain that Becky would try to hide a cold, if she caught one, but her attuned caretaking senses had never been tripped around her. Until today.

Violet continued to follow Becky out of the corner of her eye, the slight pull at her nose hardly detectable but regular. Her heart fluttered when she noticed Becky surreptitiously wipe the underside of her nose with a finger. Although a quick, deft motion Violet saw that her finger was wet and Becky rubbed it immediately in her lap and gave another tiny sniffle.

I missed an update due to New Year's. Bless you all.

Part X.XVIII

“Other girls got sick in the winter and had to blow their noses; she didn’t.”

_________________________________________-

As Becky sat in class her thoughts were almost fully consumed by the tiny but growing sniffle in her nose. Her body, already achy and occasionally racked by shivers, was now feeling heavy and she even felt sleepy despite the time of day. It only took a few minutes in class with her tiny, controlled sniffle to realize that she’d need to care for her nose more than she had in her last class. The little faucet had opened up a bit more and she was verging on a very real, and horrifyingly embarrassing, runny nose.

She tried to maintain her composure, reminding herself that she didn’t get sick and that there was no way in hell she was going to succumb to whatever was making her feel like she wanted to crawl in bed. Finally though, the near invisible sniffles proved inadequate and she knew that her nose either needed a loud snarf up or a honk out to get it clear. Rather than either she acted like she was scratching the side of her head and then ran her finger quickly under her nose. Inside she felt a little shocked when her finger came away so wet and she dried it off immediately in her lap.

“No one can know my nose is a little runny,” she concluded but had no immediate plan of how to care for it. She kept trying to gently sniffle it clear but that was a complete impossibility at this point. She only had a few options, short of letting her nose drip onto her lip. She thought briefly about trying to wipe her nose with the toilet paper hidden in the bottom of her purse but dismissed the idea immediately as impossible, given all the people that would see her.

With a start Becky bolted from her seat and headed out the door, a line to the bathroom along her feet. She held a finger under her nose feeling the wetness and holding it in until she was safely hidden in the stall and pulling tissue to wipe it. She did wipe it initially but then with a sink of her shoulders decided that she needed to blow her nose.

Becky felt defeated. Needing to blow her nose was a major step along a very sick road. In Becky’s mind, colds were for others to catch and her to appreciate. Other girls got sick in the winter and had to blow their noses; she didn’t. So it was with this thought in her mind that Becky Lawrence, her body all achy and her throat full of soreness, gathered a wad of toilet paper and made a cup around her nose and blew it for the first time in nearly 2 years.

It made her feel good as her nostrils cleared and she could hear the wetness get blown into the tissue. She didn’t honk her nose but gave a steady blow that was obviously necessary. She finished with a real sniffle and a wipe at her nose. It was clear, albeit a little constricted along her nasal passages. There was nothing immediately running down her nose, though.

As Becky dropped the collection of tissues in the trashcan the cozy privacy of the bathroom was suddenly shattered as a toilet flushed at a stall between where she stood and the door. Becky froze, her eyes wide with terror.

I missed an update so expect another tomrrow

Part X.XIX

“My mom has a really bad cold so I didn’t want to go home and risk catching it off her”

Violet was taken aback as Becky rushed from her seat to the door. For an instant she thought about following her but quickly dismissed the thought as unexplainably creepy. Violet hoped her blonde-haired friend was ok seeing as she seemed to have a sniffle in the nose.

Without Becky to distract her note taking was a lot easier and the minutes of her absence seemed to go faster.

When Becky appeared back at the door Violet finally got a good look her. She had dark circles under her eyes and looked sleepy, if not exhausted. Her cheeks had a deep flush and her gait was measured and lacked the certainty that Becky normally displayed.

If Violet didn’t know any better she’d swear that Becky wasn’t feeling well. Of course, Becky was the kind of gal who insisted that she didn’t get sick so getting her to talk about it would probably be impossible. As Becky took her seat again Violet noticed that she was sniffling at her nose and gently clearing her throat. The secretive little sniffles kept up until Becky needed to wipe her nose again. Violet saw her take a handful of toilet paper from her purse and cup her hand around it so that none of the tissue was visible. She then occasionally rubbed her hand under her nose, using the tissue to collect the excessive wetness and keeping her hand over it at all times.

Becky’s sniffles kept up and towards the end of class she was actually making a subtle noise when she did it, unlike her completely silent sniffles from the beginning. She was making a little wet sniffling noise and clearing her throat, all very quiet but distinct to Violet’s ears.

“Hey Becky, how are you doing?” she asked as the students packed up their bags following conclusion of the lecture. Becky looked over and smiled but Violet could see the strain on face.

“I’m feeling great, how about you?” she directly lied and Violet could hear a slight stuffiness in her voice. Becky sniffled and cleared her throat.

“Oh, I’m great but I wondering if you wanted to do something this weekend. My mom has a really bad cold so I didn’t want to go home and risk catching it off her,” Violet lied back. Her mom had gotten over that bad cold two weeks before.

“Tis the season,” Becky used Rachel’s line again. Her voice was just a touch stuffy. She could hear it but hoped Violet couldn’t.

“Yeah, she’s got a doozy so I was wanting to stay here and go to the chorale concert on Saturday. Would you like to go?” she asked.

Several lies had been exchanged between the girls but also a lot of truth. The magnetism that they both felt towards colds was sparking between them and Becky couldn’t help but feel drawn to this mousy girl who had kindness in her eyes. Since she wasn’t getting sick and would feel fantastic on Saturday night, if she spent it with Violet, Becky agreed and the two girls decided to meet for the concert.

As Becky left the classroom her phone vibrated. It was a text from Justine. It said simply:

Sick in bed. No voice :(