Sneeze Fetish Forum

Ikaros: Natalie

Nova

"Whatever floats your rubber duck."

I swear, every other page of this comic gives me a new favorite quote. And Dusty basically summed up everything I wanted to say: Nat is still extremely cute and the sunken-in eyes are an extremely nice touch. I really love how you convey characters' feelings, be it without dialog, without gestures, or without anything but the simplest facial expressions. You always get the point across.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ciuty80

• Nova

• Blah!?

• snuffles

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of Jonathan's moods are angry in one way or another.

And yet despite that he turns out to be a wonderful, not at all angry, father :heart:

And I agree with Blah-San, the cloth is delightful, as are Nicolas' grabby hands as it's thrown at him. I also especially liked the facial expressions on page 14. The contrast between Nicolas' nervous, all of the place, slightly over the top expressions and Jonathan's expressions of understated grumpy resignation is really nice. Just from their faces you can see what different sorts of people they are. And of course Natalie and Jona are adorkable.

And page 15. I love the interaction between Jonathan and Nicolas, they really balance each other out very nicely and give the pages with the two of them a really nice sense of equilibrium if that makes sense. I like that Jonathan is almost non-reactive to all of Nicolas' silliness. A sort of sense of "Yes, yes, get on it with." It's got a vague suggestion of an exasperated adult dealing with a hyper-active child :laugh: Also the close up of Jonathan in bottom left is beautiful, he's really a beautiful man especially even when he's all miserable, and exhausted, and allergic. Also, also, Nat's lip biting is freaking adorable. As are her freckles.

Also, also, ALSO, I noticed in this page more than any of the others for some reason the difference in body shape between Jonathan and Nicolas, which I like. I feel like a lot of artists give all of their characters of the same sex essentially the same body shape, but here I really get a sense that Nicolas is sort of broad across the shoulders, but then his torso narrows down to his waist and that Jonathan is a bit narrower in the shoulders and more rectangular in the torso.

And now I'll shut up XD

"Whatever floats your rubber duck."

Really love this bit. :lol:

Jonathan probably shouldn't be that adorably grumpy, but he so is. :) Poor Nicolas.

Absolutely brilliant. :yes:

oh my god i LOVE the many different perspectives of all the character´s faces on this page!!! :notworthy:

and the idea of using someones hand to write something on it is a wonderful idea and you put it perfectly on paper! :yes:

thank you so much for updating though you are on vacation!!! :thumbsup:

have a great time there ^_^

please more! :wub:

Ooooh I'm just so glad I stalk this thread my every other waking moment~~~~!!

Have i mentioned how I LUV hands...

In particular, YOUR men's hands...

And your men writing on your OTHER men's hands...

Dreamy! <3

Uff... Yeah, I just have to comment, right? Though I can't say anything you wouldn't know to begin with...

Damn, you are a great artist. The comic is well done in all the ways I can think of right now... The story telling, the gestures of the characters, their expressions and what not. The comic is enjoyable in a casual, non-fetishy way, which is good.

Aaaand yesh, sorry I never answered your question about where in Sweden I'd be spending that week. I didn't have an opportunity to come online before I was back home in Finland. *bows*

Dusty15: I'm glad you say stuffy because that's a really nice word and a look I really try to achieve. But it's so... bellow surface it's difficult. Thank you!

Blah: You have no idea how much I giggled when I wrote that - like a silly twelve-year-old. Facial expressions are a huge part of communication, though! It's important to get them right <3

Ouro:

He can't be angry with Joann (Well. He can, but not for long), she's everything to him! *nod*

You have Nicolas in a nutshell, there. As well as his and Jonathan's relationship and way of dealing with each other. I think there's some sort of sweet harmony between the two of them - but then again, they've been working together for a few years. At first, Nicolas drove Jonathan up the walls simply by being himself. Now Jonathan tolerates it (Nic is the Creative Director of his company, after all), as long as Nicolas doesn't overdo it too much.

And YES! It's been difficult to come up with body shapes for all of them, as I really want them all to look good, but not the same - but all the while you have this idea of what bodies should look like in your head. What I've ended up with (and what I try to draw) is that Nicolas has a more "up-side-down triangle"-shape and Jonathan, as you say, is more rectangular while Jona is a mix of both - not as slim as Nicolas over the waist, but with wider shoulders than Jonathan.

<3! Now I'm happy.

Sigrith: He has a rough time. *nod* Nicolas can handle it. Thaaanks <3

Ciuty80: I try to step away from only doing 3/4 profile faces (happens easily), it really makes the page look more interesting. And what else can you do when there's no paper? mf_zippy.gif

snuffles: Hands are... sexy, aren't they? Men's hands are really difficult to draw (at least for me) because I tend to draw them soft-ish while they shouldn't be. But doing this comic has taught me a thing or two about hands. A page can have like 20 hands on it, so it's good practice <3

spoider: Sha! She's such a buttersugersweetcuddlypuppyIcanmakeyoudoanything-face. *bites her* Thank you!

Sitruuna: Well... you don't have to, but it makes me very happy that you do. I'm so glad you enjoy my little bit of comic here! I hope the rest of it will please you as well : ) Also, don't worry about it, I was just very curious since it was... well, Sweden. *curtsey*

Update:

-----------------------

Jona has a tendency to always have an educated guess about what people are thinking. He's irritating like that.

Those middle panels - I'm very pleased with those middle panels.

Have another barcelona update!

• 16 (new!)

TBC~

------------------

filler pictures:

Natalie - Poodle

I just noticed with this strip that a lot of Nat's dialog is outside of speech bubbles. I've kind of just been assuming that means it's very quiet, which I think suits her. Does it actually mean something? And am I totally wrong? xD

So, it sounds like the characters are splitting up. I'm curious to see who the focus will follow, unless Jona and Nat crash the meeting, which I suppose is possible. :P

You should be proud of those middle panels! And Jonathan in the top right panel..again with the genius portrayal of congestion. There's something about your shading and the way his face looks heavy...I totally get that he's feeling awful and I LOVE IT.

And what else can you do when there's no paper?

yeah you are totally right yes.gif

like in your update where to clean your hand in which you just sneezed...of course shirt or sometimes trouser leg heh.gif

drool.gif jonathan´s unexpected sneeze evilsmiley03.png so cute!!!

you have a wonderful talent in drawing hands notworthy.gifyes.gif

thank you for the barcelona update! happy.png

please more!!! wub.png

Edited by Ciuty80

Eeheehee! Messy sneeze! :wub: Poor Jonathan looks so angry at is hands XD As if it's their fault.

Middle panels, yes, yum, yum, yum! And I agree with Cuity about your hands. I mean, not YOUR hands, their hands, but you know. Also noses. You draw noses wonderfully. Again, like the body shapes, everyone's noses are pleasantly different. Jona has a very nice nose, I kind of want to touch it... And yes, upside down triangle is exactly how Nico's torso looks!

mmmm meetings, wonderful places to be politely quiet

and/or have the full attention of all present blush.png

Jona is just sweetness, I knew he'd have a comment

to chime in for Nat. <3 But I like how she didn't even

need his reassurances biggrin.png

Blah: The dialogue that's outside the speech bubbles are mainly things that aren't really essential for the story as well as things that are said very, very quietly (and probably not essential to the story). In her case, I think it suits her because she's still afraid to butt into any conversation, since she doesn't know the people. So she's mostly speaking to herself. (Jona's just very perceptive when it comes to her, and people in general) For now, it's just Jonathan leaving for a bit, but they will be splitting up later. : )

Dusty: I am! Urgh, isn't heavy just a wonderful word? <3 Awful is an awfully nice word as well...

Ciuty: I try to involve hands in any way I can. They're free to live their own life x)

Ouro: I think Jonathan would like to blame everything on someone else at this moment in the story. x) Childish of him, but still. Finding unique shapes in characters (for body, noses, hands and so on and so forth) is so fun, and Jona's nose is one of the noses I am the most proud of. I think it's charming and I'm really glad you want to touch it *laugh*

snuffles: Mmm... I often have fantasies about meetings *snicker*. With Jonathan being present most of them. *shiver* I'm so silly. Hehee... Jona has a difficult time not chiming in whenever he can. Silly man.

retrofan191: Why, thank you! heart.gif I'm so glad you think so.

spoider: There needs to be at least a little mess in everything I do for this place! Because; it makes me happy too <3

Update!

---------------------------

I'm sorry for the late update! I'm in a place where internet isn't a matter of course (and I'll be here for a while, but I'll try to update as often as I can). But here's another page and it's time for Nat to start talking. : )

• 17 (new!)

TBC~

------------------

filler pictures:

Natalie - Poodle

This page was hilarious. xD Basically everything that happens is highly amusing in its own right. Particularly that last panel. That was just brilliant.

Also, another little detail I didn't notice before: the swirls in Nat's hair. I finally realized they were there when Nico was sticking his hands through the hair. It really makes her hair look fluffy, and while I usually tend to prefer straight hair over curly hair, I just want to fluff it up now. xD

this is indeed a very hilarious page :lol:

i like jonathans "handwriting" :yes:

and how jona corrected nicolas in the last panel was too funny!! :D:laugh:

and nicolas tongue... and telling jonas he don´t understand him :lmfao:

i hope jonathan won´t be away too long :blushing:

please more! :wub:

hI love jonathan's handwriting. :D

This page was great. I love all the dialouge.Everythings spot on with the charcahter! brilliant. :)

lmfao.gif Nicholas' expression in the last panel. So brilliant. :)

Also... Jona en profil... :blushing: Fond memories. xD

I am in love with this comic so much! All the poses, expressions, backgrounds--EVERYTHING I love! Your art is fantastic. Poor guy suffering, but I love his allergies! Keep up the awesome work! :D

Blah: Swirls. Are. Awesome. I have a tendency to add them wherever I can, without making it too extreme. Like on knuckles, in hair, instead of fingerprints... They're a nice touch and... temptingly symbolic x).

Ciuty80: I actually did some research with that handwriting. My cousins' mother has a really nice handwriting which I very much like, so I borrowed hers and gave it to him. Suits him, I think.

happybunny: Thank you! It has, as mentioned above, some thought behind it. : )

Sigrith: He's the expression-face of this comic. I can do anything with him. *godmode* Mmm... profiles <3

spoider: Spotty face, spotty face, nah na-na nah naaah nah.... Yes! It's like they're MADE for eachother : D!

Ouro: He is a bit pushing, innhe? And squishing... <3

obsessed: You are! You will be for a few more pages as well!

greydarkness: Wiii. That makes me a happy panda. I've spent a lot of time with it, so I'm hoping it's up to standards! I like that you do comics as well : ) Isn't it great?

Upd(l)ate!

-------------------------

Hiii... I'm sorry (again) for the (second) very late update. Have some spinning.

• 18 (new!)

TBC~

------------------

filler pictures:

Natalie - Poodle

This page is totally adorable. All the expressions are great, especially Nat's "WTF IS HAPPEN" faces. xD

It's really great to just have a "go nuts and have fun" page every now and then. I really love the overall lighthearted feel of this comic. It's a ton of fun.

I loved this page! So funny!

But I have to admit my first thought was "Oh no, the precious handwriting notes are gonna smear!" D:

Then my second thought was "Oh! Poor Nat!"

Then my third thought was "I'm more worried about smearing his handwriting hahahah!"