Sneeze Fetish Forum

Various Hetalia shorts (M)

Hachimitsu Tea

Soooooo cute! I absolutely melted when England confessed to not feeling well! America is such an sweet caretaker! Great job, what a wonderful thing to wake up to!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my goodness this was so amazingly cute. I love how England was so reluctant to admit he was sick, and how America was surprising himself with his own tenderness, and how their crush-y feelings were getting to the both of them~! So awesome. :3

OHHHHH MYYYYYYY GOODNESSSSSS!!!

Socutesocutesocutesocutesocuuuuuuute I LOVE IT SO SO SO MUCH!!!!

England...denial...squee!

surprise.gif England! Wonderful, sickly, in denial, England!

Oh that was marvelous! :D

Oh my goodness, this was so cute!

I really love seeing America like that, unfortunately (in most part due to the dub), a lot of fanfics nowadays have America as this loud, brash, really offensive and idiotic monstrosity. But this doesn't, and it's amazing. ;w;

^^Totally agree on that. As corny as this sounds, America got a real hero moment in this fic. His brashness is funny,but his softer side shows a bit more depth than shouting and stuffing hamburgers in his face.

Huh, I guess I've kinda been on a USUK kick lately. Maybe I'll go for some PruAus or GerIta next time ^^;

Title: Even Heroes Need Heroes

Pairing: UKUS

Word count: 1,937

“Uhhgshuh!”

England, who had been reviewing some documents at his desk in the student council room, started slightly when the muffled, unexpected noise broke what had previously been almost perfect silence. He had been so absorbed in his reading that the sudden interruption left him feeling a touch disoriented, and it took him a moment to identify what the noise had been. His prominent eyebrows furrowed.

Was that a…?

“Huhugshuh!”

...sneeze, England confirmed mentally at the reappearance of the noise. If it were any other time of the week, England would have simply returned to his work and thought nothing else of the incident, but it was currently early Sunday evening. England had been pretty sure that he’d have the school basically to himself. Who on earth would be sneezing outside his door at a time like this?

Though it didn’t really matter, England had been chipping away at student council work for a decent amount of time by now and was ready for a break. He figured he might as well get up from his desk, get a drink from the water fountain and visit the restroom now that his concentration had already been broken, and if he happened to cross paths with the mystery sneezer at the same time, there was nothing wrong with satisfying his mild curiosity in the process. England strode across the room and pushed open the student council room’s door.

Faced with an otherwise empty hallway stretched out before him, England was able to instantly locate the culprit, slumped tiredly against the locker-lined walls with his back to England. The white short-sleeved shirt and denim shorts the student wore gave him no indication of the student’s identity, but there was something awfully familiar about the style of that sunshine-gold hair. England’s shoulders stiffened subtly as his heart rate began to pick up.

“A…merica…?” England called out uncertainly.

At first the other boy seemed not to have heard him because he hardly moved. Then England realized that the student whom he was pretty sure was America was pulling the collar of his t-shirt up and away from his body in preparation to cover another sneeze.

“Huh-rushuh! …Huh’ushhuh!” America coughed and sniffled before turning to face him at last. The lights in the hallway were mostly turned off since England was the only one there, but there was enough light from the few fixtures he had turned on that though England couldn’t see America’s face in much detail, he could see the gleaming lenses of his glasses in the half-light. “…Edgla’d…”

“B-bless you,” England said, folding his arms as he willed himself not to go red. Of all the people he could find himself suddenly faced with in an otherwise empty school at night, why did it have to be the one boy who occupied England’s thoughts far more than he had any right to? “What’re you doing here on a Sunday night?”

“Just got dode with weeke’d football cabp,” America croaked, rubbing his nose. It produced a wet squelching sound as he did so. “The bus dropped us off here at school… Everyode else wedt right to their cars, but I… I, huh….. Huh-rugshuh!”

“What’s wrong with you?” England grumbled, trying not to let any of the concern he was secretly feeling creep into his voice as America groaned and fished a packet of tissues from the pocket of his shorts. “Allergies acting up?”

“Doh, I… Huhpchiphhhht!” America muffled his sneeze into a tissue and coughed weakly before giving a very wet and congested sounding blow. “I duddo, I just… I feel crappy…Ever sidce yesterday whed we practiced id the raid…”

Before he could head it off, England’s heart gave a throb. His feet carried him forward a half-step without his consent. America was shivering visibly and it took a surprising amount of willpower to resist reaching out to him. England clenched his fists, wondering what on earth was wrong with him. Why did seeing normally loud, cocky, optimistic, strong, cheerful America looking so miserable fill his chest with a bittersweet emotion that felt oddly like sympathy? You know why. You just don’t have the guts to accept it, a dry voice piped up in the corner of his mind. England gritted his teeth in frustration.

“I just wadda go hobe, but I’b dot sure if I’b ok to drive like this…” America said hoarsely, rubbing his hands on his goosebump-covered arms. His gaze had been directed down and off to the side as he said this, but after a beat of silence, those big, breath-taking blue eyes flitted shyly up to meet England’s, and the older boy felt his heart stutter as color began to rise steadily in his cheeks.

“L-listen to yourself,” England said in a half-hearted attempt at scorn. “If I didn’t know what a big, bloody hero you think you are, I’d almost think it sounds like you’re asking this ‘crotchety old fart’ for a ride home!”

“Upshuh!” America sneezed into his collar before attempting to speak again. “…P-please…?”

England’s eyes went wide, his lips parting in surprise at America’s quiet, earnest plea. He’d expected the other boy to laugh and say it had been a joke, or make another cheeky jab at him. America must really be feeling terrible, he thought, his heart clenching.

“Wh-honestly?” England asked, his concern getting the better of him at last. He took another few uncertain steps toward America, putting himself within arm’s reach, but not daring to come any closer than that on the off chance that America was still leading up to some kind of joke at his expense. “Are… you really feeling that ill…?”

America hesitated, his eyes no longer willing to meet England’s. He looked exhausted and miserable, and at this distance England could see the unhealthy flush in America’s cheeks. England felt his heartstrings being mercilessly yanked in the face of America’s uncharacteristic neediness. Before England could decide on the best course of action, however, America began to move. The small distance between them suddenly closed as America shuffled forward and curled his arms weakly around England’s torso. England tensed up, a cherry-red blush rising in his cheeks as America cuddled into him.

“Wh-what on earth do you think you’re--!!” England began sputtering.

“You’re so warb…” America breathed, causing the words to die in England’s throat. “C’bod, Igs… Just for a bit…?”

England’s arms hovered uncertainly on either side of America as England struggled inwardly against his pride. America, the self-proclaimed hero, the one who, in spite of the fact that it often came with a playful, obnoxious jibe, was always there for England when he found himself in a tight spot, needed him. England could feel his defenses crumbling rapidly, his heart pounding in his throat as America’s lips brushed the side of his neck.

“Upktch!” America’s body shuddered as he held his sneeze in. “Uh…uh-huh…Hutkcht! Uhhhh…”

“Bless you,” England mumbled, his face brilliantly red as his hands settled nervously on America’s back. “Come on, then. We’ll be more comfortable on the couch… You look dead on your feet…”

The two of them shuffled awkwardly backwards into the student council room without separating from each other, and England guided America down onto the cushioned surface. America sunk down gratefully, too sick and exhausted to feel shame as he snuggled into England’s chest. England swallowed hard as he reached out and grabbed the box of tissues off the corner of his desk and offered it to America who blew his nose wetly.

“You’ve got quite a fever,” England noted breathlessly. He hesitated only a second more before his arms settled around America’s trembling shoulders. Even England couldn’t deny how wonderful it felt, having America in his arms like this. He swallowed hard, wondering what to do next.

“…I… hoped you’d be here,” America admitted softly. “I felt like crap all through practice today… There were so bady tibes I thought about telli’g the coach I deeded the day off, but… thed I ibagi’ed doi’g this,” he gave England a gentle squeeze, “a’d sobehow… I was able to power through…”

“Well you shouldn’t have, you stupid git,” England scolded gently. The rapidity of his heartbeat made him feel a bit lightheaded as he rested his chin shyly on top of America’s head. “You likely made yourself worse, overdoing it like that.”

“Still… I dod’t kdow if I woulda had the balls to do this if I… did’t push byself udtil I was cobpletely out of it…” America gave a tiny, humorless laugh. “Pretty stupid, huh? A hero… afraid of his owd feeli’gs…? How cad sobeode like that have the guts to… face dangerous situatiods… help people who’re really id deep shit a’d baybe about to die… if he cad’t eved take od sobethi’g like that…?”

England didn’t dare allow himself to believe what America seemed to be insinuating. It would just be too much of a disappointment if he found out later that he’d drawn the wrong conclusions. Even so, he found himself growing hopeful in spite of his better judgment. “Hush now, America. This is probably just your fever talking… Y-you’ll say something you’ll regret later…”

“Doh, I bead it…” America insisted drowsily. “Really… I bead it…”

He gave England another gentle squeeze, but didn’t go on. England told himself that he needed to take this half confession with a grain of salt, that it was still possible that America was delirious with fever and wouldn’t even remember this later, but he couldn’t help the soft smile spreading across his face at the other boy’s words. His heart throbbed happily as he returned America’s embrace more fully.

“Egxxsht!” America sneezed tiredly over England’s shoulder. “Heh… Eh-heggsht!”

“Bless you,” England whispered, offering America more tissues. “Why don’t we get you home before you get too tired?”

America produced a prolonged, gurgling honk into his handful of tissues before wadding them up, tossing them into the trash can under England’s desk, and slumping wearily against his upperclassman once more. “Just a little lodger like this? Feels dice…”

England smiled again as he began stroking America’s hair lovingly. “Honestly, you’re completely hopeless…”

“’S dot by fault you give such good hugs,” America murmured sleepily.

“Oh, go on then,” England relented. His fingers strayed from America’s golden hair to his feverish cheek, caressing it affectionately. “Just a short nap, and then I’m taking you straight home and putting you to bed.”

“Stay… with be todight…?” America requested softly. “I feel better… kdowi’g you’re dear by…”

England’s heart skipped a beat as his chest was filled with sweet warmth to the point of overflowing. What was he to do in the face of this sort of open affection? He’d never experienced this before. It felt… amazing, intoxicating, magical… Before he could second guess himself, England bowed his head and nuzzled a tender kiss into America’s silky hair, and then another, and one more for good measure.

“A-alright,” he agreed, brushing his lips to the rim of America’s ear even as he blushed.

“…Thagks…” America sighed, his eyes slipping closed. “Hbb… so this is how it feels… havi’g a hero…”

England rolled his eyes, but secretly he was struggling not to drown in the next surge of warm and fluffy feelings crashing over him. “Honestly… always the drama queen.”

Silence followed England’s comment, eventually morphing into soft snores. The heat given off by America’s fever was borderline uncomfortable, but England weathered it silently with a stiff upper lip for America’s sake.

Such is the life of a hero, England thought amusedly. I suppose I may just have to get used to it.

Oh my goodness!!! That was so adorable u//u I'm such a sucker for how open America is in comparison to England! You write them /so/ perfectly!!

Title: Tactical Strike, part 1 of 2

Pairings: GermanyxItaly (main), PrussiaxAustria (side)

Word count: 1,038

“What are you doing?”

Austria had expected his sudden appearance and question in the otherwise quiet and empty meeting room to startle Prussia, but the white-haired man didn’t even flinch.

“Dusting,” he said, not turning to face his visitor. His tone was so innocent that Austria knew instantly that Prussia was up to no good.

Austria crossed the room to Prussia’s side in several purposeful strides and peered around his shoulder suspiciously. “…I agree that at first glance the term ‘dusting’ is a bit misleading, but you are aware that it actually refers to removing dust and not laying it down?”

“Potato, po-tah-to,” Prussia said dismissively, his lips curling into a mischievous smile. He dipped his large fluffy brush into a container of black powder, and drew it carefully along the hanging rail of the closet. Each stroke of his brush coated the shining metal with a layer of the black substance.

“And what, may I ask, are you filling the closet with?” Austria inquired, lifting his glasses slightly as he leaned in to examine the powder in the container Prussia was holding.

Prussia’s grin grew even wider. He wrapped his arm around his boyfriend’s waist, tugging him close, and held up the container. “Take a little sniff and see for yourself.”

Austria gave him a small, doubtful frown before sniffing gingerly at the container’s contents. Immediately he jerked back as an insistently tingly itch flared up in his nostrils. Prussia watched unabashedly as Austria wrinkled his nose desperately, his eyes scrunching shut behind his glasses.

“Ehtkichoo!” Austria sneezed quietly into his cupped hands. “Hepchi! ...Hatschi!”

“Bless your cute little nose,” Prussia said angelically, setting his container aside so that he could kiss the tip of the feature in question.

“Epchiew!” Austria blushed as he yanked his handkerchief out of his pocket and hid his face in it. “Hehtish! …Wh-what did you make me sniff, you fool?!”

“Just a little sneezing powder,” Prussia purred, kissing Austria’s blushing ear this time instead. “Ordered it online yesterday and it showed up in the mail this morning. The internet’s awesome, huh?”

Austria huffed, annoyed. “You actually wasted money on that useless product?”

“Again, potato, po-tah-to,” Prussia said smugly. “You call it a waste, I call it the answer to all my frustrations. Besides, nothing that lets me hear my sugarbear’s adorable little sneezes is ever a waste in my book.”

“S-sugar…?!” Austria scoffed, the heat in his cheeks rising another few notches at the ludicrous pet name. When Prussia failed to show even the slightest hint of shame, Austria opted to change tactics. “What frustrations could possibly be relieved with an object like this?”

Prussia gave him the sort of smile that was generally reserved for those who ask stupid, obvious questions. Austria’s curl twitched as his irritation grew. “The one about West and Italy-chen, of course! I’ve only been trying to blow the lid off of their painfully obvious secret relationship since the 1940s! I admit, they’re craftier than I gave them credit for, but victory is finally in my awesome hands, and it’s all thanks to this miracle powder!”

Austria stared at him, waiting for him to explain the connection between proving that Germany and Italy were romantically involved and the sneezing powder that Prussia had been dusting the room with, but apparently Prussia had said all he thought was necessary because he awaited Austria’s praise in eager silence. “I’m sorry,” Austria said eventually. “I’m afraid I still don’t follow.”

Prussia gave an amusedly exasperated sigh, and rolled his eyes exaggeratedly. “Look, I’ve tried to burst in on one of the rendezvous I know they have in this room on the meeting breaks for a while now, right? But somehow every time I throw open the door, the room is empty, like they knew I was coming and hid themselves! Now, I don’t know how they’ve managed it, but somehow they’ve been able to avoid being caught every time, but no more! I’m going to dust every inch of this room with sneezing powder and then even if they hide themselves in here somewhere, they’ll end up sneezing and giving their own positions away! It’s brilliant!”

Prussia grinned expectantly at Austria once more, certain that this time praise was on its way. Austria blinked at him, non-plussed. “Erm, I admit that we’re at least on the same page now, but… may I ask how someone as large and bulky as Germany has managed to avoid being found all this time? There aren’t exactly an abundance of places that could accommodate someone of his size, and the few that do exist are fairly obvious. No doubt you’ve checked them during your previous searches…”

“Yeah, that’s what makes it so frustrating!” Prussia groused. “How the heck does he do it?! The only thing I can figure is that he must’ve picked up some ninjutsu at some point after all the hanging out he’s done with Japan… But there’s no point in wondering anymore; we’ll have our answer soon enough! Now, why don’t you give me a hand with this powder? We don’t have that much time left before the meeting starts.”

Prussia plunked his brush excitedly into the container of powder again and continued spreading it around the room. Austria watched him uneasily, refusing to let himself get tangled up in one of Prussia’s harebrained schemes. If Prussia was disappointed by the lack of assistance he received from Austria, he didn’t let on. He simply continued the work on his own at lightning speed.

“Done!” he announced at last, tossing his brush back into the now mostly empty container. There was still a little powder left, however, and the unnecessary force sent a small puff of it into the air. Prussia’s breath began to hitch immediately.

“Uh…uh-huhhhh…HAKSHAU!!” he sneezed explosively. “HEHYEKSHAU!! AGGSHOOOEY!!”

Prussia gave a satisfied sniffle and rubbed his nose, as usual failing to show even a hint of shame. As much as that feature sometimes embarrassed and exasperated Austria, there were other times, like now, where it was just a touch endearing. Austria couldn’t help the tiny smile that tugged at the corners of his lips as he let out a soft sigh.

“Gesundheit, you fool.”

-To be continued-

Aww, man, Tea~

I love your art, I love your drabbles~~

You write everyone in character so well, and Prussia, man. You write the BEST PRUSSIA <33

this is so wonderful! I'm very excited to see how Prussia's plan works! I love the way you write him and especially how mischievous he is!!

Do you think you would do germancest where Prussia has allergies that Germany forgot about so when they go to a place Germany wants to go Prussia tries to hide them so Germany can enjoy himself!

Do you think you would do germancest where Prussia has allergies that Germany forgot about so when they go to a place Germany wants to go Prussia tries to hide them so Germany can enjoy himself!

I haven't tried writing them as an explicit pairing before, but I suppose I could give it a shot! I'll start once I've finished this story.

Oh Oh Oh! That idea is just marvelous!

Omg, just read the one about the fairy house! You are amazing!!! Like ridiculously wonderful! I cant stop reading them, you are officially one of my favoritr authors ever!!!!

Where has this thread been all my life? Seriously this is wonderful and so hot. Like your an absolutely incredible author! Can't wait for more!

Title: Tactical Strike, part 2 of 2

Pairings: GermanyxItaly (main), PrussiaxAustria (side)

Word count: 2,959

“How about now, Germany?” Italy said quietly into his cell phone, glancing around to make sure no one else was within earshot. “Now is it safe?”

“Hold on one more moment, and…” Germany watched the security camera’s feed that was being displayed on his iPad. “Ok, Greece has just cleared the area to head to lunch. It should be alright now, but proceed with caution.”

“Veh, roger Captain!” Italy chirped.

Germany sighed, allowing himself a small smile. Even though he’d told Italy many times that there was no need to refer to him as “captain” now that they weren’t at war and meeting for regular, mandatory training sessions, he still couldn’t help finding it cute sometimes.

A few seconds later, the door to the empty meeting room that they always used for their rendezvous point when they had meetings in Germany open softly and Italy slipped in, a large insulated lunchbox slung over his shoulder. His eyes fell on Germany and he gave him a sunny smile, and Germany was helpless before such beauty to do anything but return it shyly. The little Italian bounded over to his boyfriend and settled himself in Germany’s lap, setting the lunchbox on the table before cuddling into him and touching a lingering kiss to Germany’s jaw.

“Vehhh, that was the longest meeting ever!” Italy announced between kisses. “I’m so glad we finally got a break!”

“It was no longer than normal,” Germany mumbled, returning the kisses with less confidence but equal passion.

“But it seemed longer,” Italy insisted, pausing in his kissing to cup Germany’s face tenderly. He ran his artistic fingers lovingly over the curve of Germany’s slightly flushed cheek. “Germany’s wearing a blue shirt today, and it brings out the blue in your eyes so beautifully that I could hardly look away…”

The pink in Germany’s cheeks increased another few shades. “I wondered why you were staring at me so intently,” he mumbled, unable to meet Italy’s kindly brown eyes. “N-normally I wouldn’t… ahem, I wouldn’t be opposed to it if you really can’t help it but, ah… If you’re not more careful when we’re around other people, they’re going to notice…”

Germany gave a dry little sniff and brushed absentmindedly at his nose which had developed a tiny tickle.

Italy leaned in and nuzzled Germany’s nose, letting their lips brush. “I wish I could just let everyone know how much I love Germany,” he breathed softly. “I’m tired of having to hide it…”

“I’m sorry, I know I’m asking a lot of you,” Germany replied contritely after Italy had kissed him again. He twitched his nose again, the tickle growing just strong enough that it had entered his peripheral attention, but wasn’t at the forefront of his thoughts. “It’s just… when I’m surrounded by nations like France, and Spain, and Brazil, and even your older brother who are so confident when it comes to romance, it makes me so much more aware of my own awkwardness and lack of skill… The thought of them mentally critiquing and judging my every exchange with you is just… I don’t know how I’ll ever feel prepared to face that…”

Italy smiled sympathetically as he kissed Germany’s lips once more. “If it makes you feel any better, Germany, you make me very happy, and even if you’re shy sometimes, I think that’s part of what makes you so charming.”

Germany blushed brilliantly as Italy nuzzled his nose again, unsure of how to reply to such a compliment. His overwhelmed brain was attempting a sputtering reply when the tickle became too strong to fail to notice any longer. Germany hoped that the itch would simply fade away in a second the way they sometimes did, but when Italy continued to nuzzle his nose the irritation grew. He jerked away at the last second, turning away from Italy to muffle a few loud, dry sneezes with the back of his hand.

“HEHIMPHSHI!! HERRUMPHSHI!! …P-pardon me… HERRSHIMPH!! …HIRRIMPH!!”

“Bless you!” Italy chirped, kissing Germany’s blushing cheek as the taller man rubbed his nose between his thumb and index finger. “Now, why don’t we get started on lunch? I’m so hungry!”

“You’re right, we’d better get started if we want to finish eating before it’s time to return to the meeting,” Germany agreed gruffly, trying to put the awkwardness he felt at his sudden sneezing behind him.

“I brought Germany’s favorite food from my house today,” Italy said in a sing-song voice as he unzipped the lunchbox. “Yummy, homemade lasagna with lots of spicy…” he paused, grinning and raising his eyebrows at Germany as a hint that he was waiting for him to finish his sentence.

“Sausage,” Germany completed with a smile. “You’re too good to me, Italy.”

“It’s impossible for me to be too good to Germany,” Italy said sweetly. “Germany deserves everything I have to give.”

Germany crinkled his nose again and gave a small sniffle as his heart throbbed at Italy’s sincere compliment. Though he had nothing against the affectionate words Italy lavished him with, Germany couldn’t help feeling a little embarrassed by them simply because he still wasn’t used to such open and unabashed kindness. The fact that his nose was still tickling only increased his discomfort. Realizing that there was no avoiding another sneeze, Germany’s eyes blinked shut, his lips parting as he turned away and brought the back of his hand to his mouth once more.

“Huh… HuhhhhEPHHCHI!! HIRRIPHHHTCH!!”

“God bless you, Mr. Sneezy!” Italy cooed, looking concerned. “Veh, you’re not getting a cold, are you?”

Germany scrubbed his nose irritably on his wrist and sniffed, the warmth in his cheeks increasing a few notches as Italy cupped them and pressed fever-seeking lips to his forehead. “I really don’t think so. Honestly, I feel fine. I think it’s just a fluke.”

Italy pouted, looking deep into Germany’s eyes in search of any indication that he was just trying to put him at ease. “Promise?”

“Yes,” Germany grunted, forcing himself to stare back at Italy even though he was embarrassed.

“Ok,” Italy hummed, pressing Germany’s lips to his own. “I trust you. Now… say ‘ahh’!”

“Y-you don’t need to spoon-feed…” Germany began embarrassedly, but he stopped when Italy held the fork insistently up to his lips and opened his mouth obligingly. “A-ahhh…”

Italy fed him cheerfully, then sat back, awaiting Germany’s reaction. Germany’s eyes fluttered closed in bliss. “Perfection,” he sighed.

“Veh,” Italy hummed happily. Then he glanced over at Germany’s iPad, which was still sitting active on the tabletop and his smile vanished. “Germany, someone’s coming!”

Germany tensed as he turned his attention immediately to the screen. When he saw who the approaching person was, he cursed in German under his breath. “Brother! Honestly, I’ve never known someone as irritatingly persistent in all my life!”

“Are we going to our usual hiding place?” Italy asked, hopping out of Germany’s lap and zipping the lunchbox up in preparation for a hasty retreat.

“There’s no choice,” Germany agreed.

He stood and crossed the room swiftly to a large filing cabinet. Italy’s heart fluttered with admiration as Germany applied force to the side of the object so that he could push it aside, causing his impressive muscles to bulge. Moving the cabinet revealed a secret passage.

The building that Germany hosted meetings in had been built during World War II, and it came equipped with several secret emergency exits in case the place had been invaded by Allied forces and important political figures needed to be inconspicuously evacuated. Germany had decided at the time that it was best if he only shared this information with Prussia in the case of such an emergency as he suspected his brother would utilize them for ridiculous unnecessary purposes, thereby increasing the risk that their secrecy would be compromised. Fortunately the need to utilize them had never appeared in Prussia’s presence, so to this day, Germany’s older brother still didn’t know about them. Since the war had ended, Germany had had many of the secret passages at least partially sealed off to reduce heating and cooling costs in the building, so their hideaway was no longer a passage but a small, closet-sized nook. In any case, it was sufficient for their current purpose.

Germany waved Italy over, allowing him to enter first, not noticing the black powder that was now on his clothing from pushing the cabinet which had been covered in it. He also missed the fact that the air currents caused by his and Italy’s hurried entrance into the secret area and the subsequent replacement of the filing cabinet caused even more of the back powder to waft into their hiding place. The two of them settled in beside each other in the dark and waited anxiously.

Not three seconds later, the door to the meeting room was thrown open with a bang, no doubt Prussia’s attempt at surprising them suddenly. Whatever flaws Germany saw in Prussia, he couldn’t deny that his brother was extremely skilled at sneaking up on and surprising people. Unfortunately for Prussia, Germany used his access to the building’s security feed to remain one step ahead of him. Germany rubbed at his itching nose as he heard Prussia give a snarl of frustration when he found himself faced with an empty room.

“Aw, you gotta be kidding me!” Prussia cried. “There’s no way they heard me coming! How to they always freaking know?!”

“How can you be so certain they were ever here in the first place?” a calmer, more dignified voice that Germany recognized as belonging to Austria inquired. “I see no evidence to confirm your suspicion that they have occupied this space recently.”

“I just know, ok?!” Prussia huffed. “Trust me on this!”

The itch that had flared up in Germany’s sinuses was growing more insistent, and he rubbed at his nose frantically. He was vaguely aware of Italy’s attention being drawn to his predicament as he cocked his head curiously in the dark, but didn’t dare ask what was wrong for fear of giving away their location. Germany searched his pockets desperately for tissues, even though he knew he wouldn’t find any. His allergies didn’t generally give him problems at this time of year and until just now they hadn’t bothered him. What could be causing this irritation? He kept their hiding spot carefully dusted to prevent this sort of thing.

“Ever since I became East Germany, I’ve started being able to sense West when he’s close,” Prussia mumbled. Germany could hear him rummaging around in the closet in case they were hiding there. “If only my senses were more precise!”

Germany’s eyes were starting to water, his breath hitching. He pinched his nose so firmly that it was slightly painful, but the itch refused to be rubbed away. In his state of distraction, he hardly noticed Italy’s head falling back slightly beside him.

“Htch!” came Italy’s tiny stifled sneeze. “Hetch! Veh… Iktcht! Hgcht!”

“HBPCHT!” Germany had attempted to contain his own sneeze as well, but they were naturally so much louder that even the stifles were too noisy for comfort. Besides that, it was painful to hold in such a forceful release. He pinched his nose desperately with one hand and attempted to muffle the sound further by cupping his other hand over it. “HDGCHT!”

“If you can’t sense his location, I suppose our only option is to wait and listen,” Austria said.

On the other side of the wall, Prussia was giving Austria a sly grin. “You just said ‘our only option’. You’re invested now, aren’tcha Young Master? You wanna catch West and Italy-chen making out too!”

“I…!” Austria bit his lip, his face flushing slightly at his mistake. “Hmph… I-I can hardly be blamed for the contagious nature of your enthusiasm. I assure you, I have no interest in witnessing such vulgar acts!”

“Ooh, so you just want the awesome me to be happy, huh?” Prussia abandoned his search of the closet to tug Austria into his arms. “Is that what I’m hearin’?”

“…Perhaps,” Austria admitted blushingly. He allowed Prussia to kiss him.

Germany and Italy were basically oblivious to this whole exchange. By this point, Italy was in the midst of an endless stifled sneezing fit while Germany pressed his index finger under his nose, his breath coming in helpless gasps, his eyes streaming and screwed shut, mouth hanging open.

“Ikch-hpch-hpsht! …Igsht-hdcht-ktcht! Ggsht-ptcht-atcht!”

“Uhh, uh-uh-uhhhh…! Huhhh... uh-huhhh…!”

It was no good; Germany couldn’t hold back anymore. He needed to sneeze, and it was going to happen now. His frantic mind could conceive of only one way to both satisfy his need to sneeze and his determination to remain undetected by Prussia and Austria, and such was his desperation that only a tiny corner of his brain was available to acknowledge how unsanitary and socially unacceptable it was. He turned to Italy, pressed his face into Italy’s chest to muffle the sound and succumbed to the tickle at last.

“HABPHHT! HUBPHHHT! …UDPHHT! AGGPHHT!”

Italy gave no indication that he was bothered by the fact that Germany was sneezing openly into his chest; instead, he hid his own face in Germany’s shoulder and allowed himself to sneeze as well.

“Hedjiew-indjiew-hebjiew! Igsziew! Hadji-Ibji!!”

“Huh…” came Prussia’s muffled voice through the wall, carrying an undisguised undercurrent of triumph. “Listen a sec…. You hear something?”

“AGGPHHP! HYEGPHHHT!” In the midst of his violent sneezing fit into Italy’s shirt, Germany’s lips closed unintentionally on Italy’s nipple. “HURRUPHHH! HEGPHHHHHP!”

The unexpected union between his boyfriend’s mouth and that rather sensitive area of his body made Italy squeak and flail so that he yanked his face back from where it had been buried in Germany’s shoulder just as the next wave of sneezes hit.

“Eggschi-gshi-gshi! Apjiew! Abdisch-isch-isch!” Italy’s releases may have been quiet, but when they occurred openly and without anything to help mute the noise, they were just loud enough to draw unwanted attention.

“I believe you’re right!” Austria agreed in surprise. “Where did that sound come from?”

Silence fell between Prussia and Austria again as they waited for another hint. It didn’t take long for Germany’s sensitive nose to produce exactly the results they were hoping for.

“UHEGPHHBT! EGPHHUHD!” The blond hadn’t even noticed that his mouth was still assaulting a rather inconvenient place for Italy and was so distracted by the desperation of his nose that Italy’s ensuing moan completely slipped by him.

“Ummmgh…! Idjiew-djiew-djiew! Ah-ahhh! Uhhadchi-adchi-adchi!”

“Interesting…!” came Prussia’s excited voice from immediately outside Germany and Italy’s hiding spot. “I’ve heard the phrase ‘the walls have ears,’ but I guess they’ve also got noses! Kesesese!”

“The commotion certainly seems to be emanating from this vicinity,” Austria said thoughtfully, “but I don’t see anything around here that might be able to serve as a hiding place…”

A scuffle ensued outside as Prussia investigated more closely. Then came a heart-stopping scraping sound (or at least it would have been heart-stopping if Germany and Italy hadn’t been in the midst of some intense nasal torture) of the filing cabinet being shifted.

“Hello, what have we here?!” Prussia crowed.

The utter darkness of the secret nook was suddenly banished as the cover was moved aside. Air shifted with the opening of the passage, sending more black powder swirling into the enclosed space. Italy gasped sharply as the tickle in his sinuses redoubled. Prussia and Austria revealed the hidden lovers just in time to have a cloud of powder shot right back in their direction.

“EhhhhhhBSHIEW!” Italy sneezed with unusual force at the intruders.

Prussia and Austria reeled back immediately, their hands darting up to their noses.

“Hetchi! Huhetchi!”

“UKSHAU!! HWEHHHHKSHAU!! HURRUKSHOOEY!!”

By this point, Germany’s nose was making him so miserable that he no longer cared about his dignity. He stumbled out of the hidey-hole, tugging Italy along with him, desperate to escape the irritant.

“HUGRIPHHHT!!” Germany sneezed openly, snot and tears running freely down his face. “HUGGRUPSHOO!!”

“I kn-knew you two were—HUHUPSHAUWUH!! –making out behind all our ba-ba-bahhhhAGGSHOI!! –backs!” Prussia bragged loudly.

“Your constant… kitchoo! Excuse me—sneezing is rather under… Etkichi! Hepshi! Excuse me again—undermining the effect of your gloating, you fool,” Austria said exasperatedly from behind his handkerchief.

“Wh-who idvedted this garbage?!” Germany wheezed, desperately attempting to fan the residual powder away from his face. “I need to hudt theb dowd and burder theb slowly! …HUMPHITCHUH!!”

“V-vehhshiew!” moaned poor little Italy, who just wanted to be able to breathe properly again.

“Might I suggest that you two reconvene in the restroom to clean yourselves up?” Austria suggested after blowing his nose softly.

“Yeah, no kidding!” Prussia agreed, giving his own nose a long, crude wipe on his sleeve. “You two look like hell!”

“A’D WHOSE FAULT DO YOU THIDK THAT IS?!” Germany barked before ducking into the crook of hid arm again to muffle yet another set of sneezes.

“Ebchiew-chiew-chiew! Hekkshi!” Italy still hadn’t regained the ability to speak, but he was doing his best to hide the tent that had formed in the front of his dress pants as a result of Germany’s unintentional assault on his nipple. Thankfully only Germany noticed and he swiftly scooped Italy up to help him hide it, blushing furiously.

“I just have two things to say before you go,” Prussia announced as Germany prepared to take Austria’s advice and clean up in the bathroom.

Germany glared at his brother over his shoulder through puffy, red eyes, awaiting his comment impatiently. Prussia pointed at Germany, an unbearably smug smirk on his face. “First, ‘I knew it.’” Then he directed his finger at Austria. “Second, ‘I told you so.’”

The next sound that anyone heard was Prussia’s howl as he found himself on the receiving end of his younger brother’s expertly executed German Suplex.

OH MY GODDDDDD!! Tea, I may just have to take you up on that marriage proposal because....I'm honestly at loss for words! Every single thing about this is so insanely perfect in every meaning of the word... I adore the way you write those two and if it wouldn't be so obnoxious, I'd post every quote that gave me butterflies right here! (Then again there are far too many to count!!) You're such a genius and as much as I love you, I also hate you because I'm on break right now and I have to go back to work for another 4-ish hours with this wonderful drabble on the brain!!

Archived