Sneeze Fetish Forum

Guardian Angel (original fiction, M/M)

Juto

//fades into existence again

OKAY, THIS WILL BE A LONG COMMENT (so sorry about that)~

Eliaswaskissinghim!

Elias! Was! Kissing! Him!

Mmmmm Elias was kissing him. Sweet lord above!

HOLY ASDFGHJKL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SEEM TO HAVE AN APTITUDE TO MAKING ME SCREAM AT MY SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN YOU ---- I -------------- JUST ------------------

YES. YES. YESYESYESYESYES.

*casually smashes head against keyboard*

MY LIFE. IS NOW. COMPLETE. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The world seemed to stop abruptly before picking up its pace to spin madly out of control and Zach allowed his body to be moulded into his angel’s embrace as a pair of the most deliciously soft lips continued to caress his own. Fireworks could have exploded all around them, Zach would’t have noticed. He felt intoxicated, floating, completely high while at the same time sane enough to question his angel's motive. Surely, this had to be some act… Right? Elias didn't really… Feel this way?! Or did he? Of course not, he had been in love with Amelia before he died. For some reason he couldn't quite explain, that realisation tied a heavy knot in his gut. Elias was unreachable… In more ways than one. As if being an angelical undead wasn't obstacle enough.

More like...

The world seemed to stop abruptly before picking up its pace to spin madly out of control and Yume read through the glorious chapter!!!!!!

~Smooth Elias. Really smooth. Be careful! You are walking a fine line, guardian. One step out of bounds and you're doomed, and not even I can save you. Do what you must for the sake of your ward's wellbeing, but no more. Understood? I'll explain the circumstances to Father.~

Elias smiled as he let out a relaxed sigh. His “boyfriend act” had been accepted.

~Smooth, Juto. Really smooth. Be careful! You are walking a fine line. One step out of bounds and you're doomed, Yume might actually die from fangirling!~

In more seriousness (but not too much), his "boyfriend act" was more than just accepted by Yume... maybe more like... obsessed over? ;) Hehe.

Elias smiled teasingly as he scooped up another spoonful of ice cream. “He's working on the iHeaven, did you know? A few minutes after his arrival he was questioning the heavenly “connection” and now, he's leading a team of scientists into a new technological age.”

HAHAHHA OHMYGOSH, THIS IS HILARIOUS!! :'DD

And a graceless angel?? I think we all know where this is going ;)

Zach’s lips parted in a huge smile. “Oh my world! Wait, that's actually a thing? You did that? Wha-? You sing? Why have I never heard you sing before?”

“You have.” Came the slightly embarrassed response. “But, ehh, you weren't exactly awake.” Elias slowly raised his eyes to Zachariah who noticed a vague sense of… What? Insecurity? Embarrassment?

Elias is perfect hehe ;) He can draw and sing... ohmygosh <3

AND his embarrassment is so endearing!!

:boom:

But Zachariah was right, this WAS fun! Both of them human. Both of them healthy. Elias smiled, genuinely looking forward to 9 more days of playing “boyfriends” in school and having fun with his best friend in the evenings… Until he felt a familiar and disturbing sensation in his nose.

“Hn’NGT!...chh! hhh… Hm'PXT!...chh! Uhh!”

He'd managed to pinch his nose in the last second, effectively stifling his sneezes to keep them too low for Zachariah to hear them. But the sneezes were too strong to withhold the huff or air through clenched teeth after each sneeze. He stayed completely silent for a minute, still pinching his nose, listening for any signs that his ward had heard his outburst. After a few more seconds, he released his nose and sniffled as silently as he could. A slightly wet sound escaped his nostrils and the graceless angel winced. It was normal for people to sneeze every once in while without actually being sick, right? He took a moment to assess himself, he didn't feel sick in any way. He let out the breath he had been holding, just in case other sneezes were about to follow.

This time he would be more careful and not succumb to that pathetic state of mere mortal illness! Or if he did at least he would succeed in keeping it from Zachariah! He had to. With one last determined nod, accompanied by a tiny sniffle he exited the bathroom.

TBC

*SCREAMING*

*SOBS*

*REREADS*

*SMILES SO HARD HER FACE FALLS OFF*

*JOINS ZOMBIE ARTY IN HER GRAVE*

I'm with kaze here, whiny!Elias is going to be the death of me :D :D :D

Part 53 - The talk

This part made me feel really sad...

Then left me to fangirl over the sweetness of their actions...

What are emotions? D:

“… Zachariah…”

“What?”

Zach stared down into a pair of deep, sparkling gemstones, glowing with affection and set under a worried frown of thick, wet brows.

“Are YOU okay?”

Trust Elias to put Zach before himself… As always! Even all wet and shivery. Zach attempted a half smile and a small nod knowing it probably took a lot more to convince his guardian. “I'm okay”.

THIS IS SO SWEET AND SELFLESS ;A; <3

Elias showed no reaction. Clearly, even in his depleted and trembling state, the angel wasn't fooled. “Please don't lie to me, Zachariah.” As he spoke, he brought his fist up to press against the bridge of his nose. Zach watched in sad recognition how his guardian succumbed to one of the most annoying and not easily ignored human urges, no doubt brought on by the rain and the chilly weather.

“Hn’gxt’ch! Hmpt’ch! Hheh...Heh-shuh! Snf! Hh... Hi'eshew!

Wonderfully human... hehe :wubsmiley::wubsmiley::wubsmiley:

Elias looked around the empty garden while he slithered out if the drenched clothes that clung to him, turning his body to ice and squirmed into the dry clothes Zach had thrown him. Hopefully it would only be a couple of hours before he could go back inside and warm up. Wanting to keep his clothes as dry as possible he positioned himself against the side of the house, in the hope of finding at least some shelter. He wasn't so lucky, the rain still attacked him from above, the cold wind blowing around him from all sides, making his chilled skin tingle.

“Heh-shuh! Hup'tshh!” He groaned and rubbed his nose with the back of his hand. Only a few hours, he reminded himself. Little comfort it gave him though.

If only it hadn't been raining!

“Heh... Hep'chk! Ugh!”

If only he hadn't been so damn cold!

“Hh… Ek'tchuh! Heh'tchew! Snf!”

If only he hadn't been so damn HUMAN!”

“Hh... Hi'eshew!”

Curses!

o.o

O-O

IT'S... WHINY!ELIAS

:boom:

What ... are... words? I can't...

I ain't gonna lie, Yume! Best part of my day was when you blew up.... TWICE :lol:

I've had the biggest, most goofy smile on my face all day thanks to you! Such wonderful comments, thank you!!

Hold onto your feels girl, you're in for a bumpy, sneezy ride :lol:

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juto

• Arty

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• Kaze Wo Hiku

SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT - NEW DRABBLE LATER TODAY :D

Hi readers,

Again, thank you so much for all your wonderful comments. I know I say it every time but I really, really REALLY mean it :D

I'll have the next Drabble, part 2 of "The talk" (I suck at naming parts - in case you haven't noticed) up later today. But then I'm sorry to say that I'm gonna take a short break until mid/end November. Real life is tugging at my sleeve, demanding some attention. Sadly, I have to oblige :)

I'll return with more deteriorating!sick!whiny(and as it turns out)lecturing Elias.... Dun dun duunnnnnnnn *spoiler*

Stay tuned... But uhh... Don't hold your breath or glue your eyes to the screen (Yume, I'm talking to you! :D)

Edited by All Juto's eve

*Brings camp chair to Kaze's tent. "Port?" Offering bottle and glass. "Or ice cream?" Offering spoon and container.*

I'm with kaze here, whiny!Elias is going to be the death of me :D :D :D

He is...he totally is... //starts digging her grave.

Did I hear Ice cream?! And sick angels?! *claws outta grave as and runs to the camp site*

//pitches tent

Welcome welcome. Upload in T minus 10 minutes. ;)

*Brings camp chair to Kaze's tent. "Port?" Offering bottle and glass. "Or ice cream?" Offering spoon and container.*

"Or"? Why "or"? Ice cream AND port. Yummy! :D I hope you're comfortable, the Drabble will be up shortly.

Did I hear Ice cream?! And sick angels?! *claws outta grave as and runs to the camp site*

Hehe go check out your Limerick :D

Lovely peeps...

Here's the last Drabble for a short while. I'll return with more in mid/end November. I'll still be around the forum, just not writing drabbles for a little while.

Thanks to Professor Herondale, my borrowed beta, for correcting a few linguistic mistakes. Cheers cutiefessor! *winks*

As always, I adore feedback :D

Part 54 – the talk II

Three hours later, Elias found himself in nothing but his shorts and socks while a slightly blushing Zachariah was wrapping him in deliciously warm and newly tumbledried fleece blankets. Elias tried his best to keep his teeth from chattering but couldn't keep the worry from entering his voice when he noticed Zach's blush deepening a shade as he wrapped another blanket around his chest.

“S-shi-it. Is y-your fe-ever spiking alr-ready? You s-should have stayed F-F-FAR away fr-from that wind-dow.”

He reached a hand out to feel his ward's forehead, expecting to find a fever already present. Zach felt warm, but then again, his own hands were ice cold, so the read wasn’t exactly solid. Zach brushed his hand away absentmindedly while he prepared to wrap another blanket around Elias’s shoulders. “I'm not sick.”

“T-Then why ar-are y-you blushing?”

A brief flash of anger travelled across Zach's face and the angel couldn't help but flinch slightly in surprise. Zach didn't answer. He finished tying the last knot and took a step back, not meeting Elias’s eyes. He did however notice the hand that, as soon as Zach had removed himself, flew up to cup Elias’s nose and mouth as the guardian prepared to give in to a stream of shivery sneezes he apparently had fought back while Zach was wrapping him in blankets. He barely had time to snatch a few tissues from the box nearby and press them into Elias’s free hand. Elias swiftly swapped his cupped hand with the one holding the tissues as his breath started coming in shorter gasps.

“He-ISHoo! Snf! H’echoo!”

“Bless you.” Zach mumbled towards the floor, still not meeting his angel’s eyes. He pointed to the bed.

“There's a heating blanket under the duvet, please make yourself comfortable. I'll go and warm up something for you to drink.”

Elias nodded slowly and reached out his hand, meaning to take Zachariah's to offer his ward some form of comfort to his obvious distress but Zach ignored him and turned around heading down for kitchen.

“Zachariah…?” Zach stopped dead in his tracks, not turning around. “Please… Tell me what's the matter?” Zach gave a small shake of his head. If he turned around now, Elias would see the wet trails down his cheeks and he didn't want him to. “Just something my dad said. Don't worry, I'm fine.” He didn't wait for an answer, but hurried down the stairs before the first sobs broke out of him.

~ ~ ~

Elias sunk slowly down on the bed and gave an unrestrained moan as the heat rose up from the duvet and slowly spread to his frozen bones.

As he warmed up with the help of the heating blanket and the deliciously soft and warm fleeces Zachariah had wrapped him in he considered the possible causes of his ward’s distress. Clearly, Zachariah was no in the mood to discuss it but since he rarely kept anything from his guardian (unless he was trying to pass a cold off as mere sniffles) Elias expected it to be a very personal issue. Considering his father’s choice of words when he'd learned Elias’s name and the subject he was taking combined with the following reprimand that almost brought Zachariah to tears, Elias had a pretty good idea what the issue was about. He silently cursed himself for being caught in his own lie. Because of the story he had made up of him and Amelia, he couldn't tell Zachariah that they were both in the same boat, and frankly, he was afraid to. It was much safer to stick with the lie and pretend that he had no preferences of THAT kind for his own gender. Especially since his ward was too damn cute for his own good. But he had to say something. Clearly, this issue bothered Zachariah more than Elias had realised. He couldn't reveal the truth, that Amelia had been a made up character based on his sister, but what he COULD do was offer his ward the promise and acknowledgement that whatever he was feeling, whatever his parents told him, he would always have the love and support of his guardian angel.

He heard Zachariah's footsteps coming up the stairs and he tried to arrange his face in a carefree and affectionate manner. But sadly, his nose messed it up. A tickle suddenly flared up and just as Zach walked through the door, Elias tilted his head back and let his eyes flutter. The sneeze seemed to take ages building, and Elias faintly heard a small chuckle before a clean tissue was folded around his nose. Zach's thumb rubbed his nose in slow circles on the other side of the tissue and Elias felt the tickle grow stronger. One last rub and Elias shoved his ward’s arm away before snapping his head to the side, away from Zachariah, to release the sneeze…

“Hhe… He-schiew!”

… And it's friend.

“Ha-ASHoo!”

Make that friends.

“Snf! He-ISHOO! Snf! ECHOO!”

When the tickle finally abated, Elias blew his nose in the sad, soggy remains of the tissue before turning his head back towards a smiling Zachariah who had clearly managed to close the lid on his sad mood. Although, Elias could still make out 2 very faint, slightly reddened tracks down Zach's cheeks, his ward seemed happier.

“You get so worked up when you have to sneeze. It's really quite adorable.” Zach said with a mild laugh as he handed Elias the steaming mug of honeybrew. Elias took a careful sip, feeling the effects of the hot liquid warm him up from the inside. Zachariah smiled and pulled a bottle of sanitiser out of his pocket. “Look what I found in the kitchen cupboard.”

Elias gratefully held out his hands and let Zach squirt a general amount of gel into them. He WAS NOT getting sick… But, it was better not to risk any possible contagion.

Elias let out a shiver after having slowly emptied his honeybrew, he was warming up, but not as fast as he would like. His nose still felt cold and damp and he sighed as he felt a new sneeze slowly tickling as it crept down towards the tip of his nose. He held up his hand to motion for Zachariah to stay put while he twisted his body away from him, bringing his free arm up to bury his nose in.

“He-eschoo! Snf! He-ESChew! Snf!”

“Bless you, angel.” Zach's voice sounded a bit strained and his brow was frowned with worry.

“You're not getting sick are you?”

Elias shook his head vigorously, ignoring the dizziness that settled in his temples at the motion. Perhaps he was? No, no, definitely not!

“I'm fine Zachariah, merely cold. It takes more than a few droplets of rain to break through my defences.” He flashed Zachariah what he hoped was a convincing smile, but his ward still frowned.

“Are you still feeling cold? Why didn't you tell me?” Zach gestured for his angel to lie down as he pulled the duvet around Elias side, making sure that the heating blanket stayed on Elias’s back. Hesitantly, almost as if he was asking for permission, he opened his arms to Elias. Seizing his opportunity to both settle his ward’s confusion and allow himself some indulgence, Elias smiled affectionately before settling down into Zachariah's embrace, feeling his ward’s arms pull him against his smaller frame and nestle his head underneath his chin.

Elias sighed contently, feeling the secure, steady rhythm of Zachariah’s heartbeat close to his ear. Who needed the other 7? This? This was the only heaven he needed! The 8th heaven. HIS heaven! Zachariah brought his hand up to twirl his fingers around in Elias’s untamed hair, hesitant at first but growing in confidence as Elias hummed softly and tilted his head to better fit the angle of Zachariah’s arm.

He hated to ruin the serene moment, but there were things he needed to say.

“Look, Zachariah. About what your father said…”

“How much did you hear?” Zach asked, seemingly casual. But Elias sensed his worry as Zach’s hand disappeared from his hair and his ward started fumbling with the knots that secured Elias’s blankets around his shoulders.

“Only that last shouted message.” Under his head, Elias felt the slight change in rhythm in Zach's breathing and guessed his ward was fighting back more tears, despite seeming very occupied with loosening and tightening the same knot over and over. He decided to let the poor boy save his dignity and pretended not to notice. “I just wanted you to know that, whatever happens between you and your parents or whatever may happen anywhere else for that matter, that I will ALWAYS be on your side.”

Zachariah was silently shaking beneath him, only letting out very tiny sniffles and the occasional shaky breath. Knots completely forgotten. Elias’s heart reached out for him

“Please just believe me when I say that you could never say or do anything that could make me turn away from you.” At his words, Zachariah could no longer keep his sobs to a minimum, he shifted and curled himself into his angel’s obliging arms, crying freely into his fleece blankets.

Elias softly stroked his hair and whispered sweet nothings in his ear as Zachariah cried out all the tension that had been building inside him since his farther had got home, and probably, the guardian thought, much, much longer than that.

“Zachariah… I…” He started, but couldn't really think of any words that could offer even a tiny amount of comfort. He opted for burying his face in Zach's locks, and let the boy talk when he was ready. It took a few more minutes for Zachariah's sobs to diminish enough for him to talk through them.

“H-he Snf! Just makes me Snf! f-feel so wrong Snf!.” Zach managed through teary hiccoughs. Elias pushed himself back slightly to look his ward in the eyes, cupping his tear stained cheeks in his hands.

“There is nothing wrong with you, Zachariah! Nothing!” The light in his ward’s eyes wanted more than anything to believe Elias’s words. Despite his nod, Zachariah teared up again and re-buried his face in Elias’s neck.

Elias tensed when he felt the familiar tickle prickle and irritate his still cold and damp nose. He needed to turn away, but there was no way in the 7 heavens he could make himself do that now. He pressed Zachariah’s body as close to him as it could possibly come, smiling sweetly through his shallow breaths as he felt his ward’s arm tighten around him. Why did this have to feel so bloody right? The hug-thing! Not the nose-thing! He angled his face over Zach's shoulder as his hand went up to press against his neck, making sure that Zachariah didn't tilt his head back.

“M-m hhh sorry, I h-hheh-have to…He-eshuh! Hheh… Hep’shuh! Snf! He-ESCHew!”

He gave his nose a firm and insistent rub, trying to quench the tickle but he was unsuccessful. He softly pressed Zachariah's head against his neck once again as he kept 2 fingers under his nostrils, trying to minimise the force of the sneeze. Once again, he was unsuccessful.

“Hhe… He-ESCHOO! Snf! S’cuse me.”

“B-Bless you, angel. Snf!” Zach’s sobs had seized but he was still hiccoughing from his cry and his hands rummaged up and down Elias’s back in massaging patterns. “You okay? Snf! Feeling ch-chilly?

Elias was ready to deny it, not wanting to worry his ward further, but the post-sneeze-shiver that shook his entire frame made Zachariah kiss him sweetly on his neck before tucking the duvet tighter around him. His hands went back to rubbing his back at a faster pace than before, adding additional heat by friction. “You know you're allowed to say you're cold and miserable, right?”

Elias thought about that for a minute, but whining about himself while his ward was in distress just seemed plain wrong. But he really was feeling quite miserable and still quite chilly despite the warm fleeces and Zachariah's warming massage, but being embraced in Zach's loving arms was greatly making up for it. He felt his eyelids getting heavier, his body finally responding to the several infuses of heat.

“Elias?”

“Hmm?”

“Please don't ever let this get weird?”

“Mmm why would I do that?” Sleep was hurriedly invading his system, clouding his connection between sense and speech. “Having you in my arms is the best feeling in the entire world.” His words were getting slurred by sleep and his mind started drifting, unable to edit the upcoming thought before it passed his lips. “Being in YOUR arms is sooooooo worth dying for.” He should recoil and save his dignity (not to mention his job) but sleep hastily overtook him. Luckily, he was awake enough to feel Zachariah chuckle against him.

“Riiiiiiight! Just don't squeeze my butt and call me “Amelia” in your sleep!”

TBC!

Thanks to Professor Herondale, my borrowed beta, for correcting a few linguistic mistakes. Cheers cutiefessor! *winks*

Hehehehehee

GOD I HAD THE BIGGEST SMILE ON MY FACE WHILE READING THIS!!

Elias...stop trying to hide your cold from Zach...come on...

hhnnnngggg Elias comforting Zach oh man my heart....

Whelp better go pitch my tent and sit back and wait til mid November. I'll take good care of Elias until you need him again :D.

*eating ice cream with rib spoon * eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that's awesome. And I did read your limerick. XD

I ain't gonna lie, Yume! Best part of my day was when you blew up.... TWICE :lol:

Hahaha, I'll be doing a lot more of that if you continue these drabbles :rollslow::rollfast:

“S-shi-it. Is y-your fe-ever spiking alr-ready? You s-should have stayed F-F-FAR away fr-from that wind-dow.”

He reached a hand out to feel his ward's forehead, expecting to find a fever already present. Zach felt warm, but then again, his own hands were ice cold, so the read wasn’t exactly solid. Zach brushed his hand away absentmindedly while he prepared to wrap another blanket around Elias’s shoulders. “I'm not sick.”

I know I've said this like 10000x already, but I love how Elias always puts Zach before him... even when he's the one who needs attention!! It's so sweet ;w;

A brief flash of anger travelled across Zach's face and the angel couldn't help but flinch slightly in surprise. Zach didn't answer. He finished tying the last knot and took a step back, not meeting Elias’s eyes. He did however notice the hand that, as soon as Zach had removed himself, flew up to cup Elias’s nose and mouth as the guardian prepared to give in to a stream of shivery sneezes he apparently had fought back while Zach was wrapping him in blankets. He barely had time to snatch a few tissues from the box nearby and press them into Elias’s free hand. Elias swiftly swapped his cupped hand with the one holding the tissues as his breath started coming in shorter gasps.

“He-ISHoo! Snf! H’echoo!”

Every time Elias sneezes, a part of me dies from the cuteness :pinch:

Elias shook his head vigorously, ignoring the dizziness that settled in his temples at the motion. Perhaps he was? No, no, definitely not!

“I'm fine Zachariah, merely cold. It takes more than a few droplets of rain to break through my defences.” He flashed Zachariah what he hoped was a convincing smile, but his ward still frowned.

"It takes more than a few droplets of rain to break through my defences."

Not in our fictional world, nope ;)

“Look, Zachariah. About what your father said…”

...this part until the end...

I love how the chapters have fluff AND thoughtful, sad moments like this... Q-Q //sobs

Juto, you never fail to send me on a roller coaster ride with my feels :laugh:

Edited by Yume

Aww! Great up date Juto. We will miss your up dates and look forward to Elias and Zachariah's return.

“Hhe… He-schiew!”

… And it's friend.

“Ha-ASHoo!”

Make that friends.

“Snf! He-ISHOO! Snf! ECHOO!”

And I just want to say I love "friends". :wub: (Great minds think alike. You'll see when you read my post. :D )

“Riiiiiiight! Just don't squeeze my butt and call me “Amelia” in your sleep!”

And thank you for leaving us on a amusing, witty note. You know how I feel about cliff hangers and unhappy endings. :D

GOD I HAD THE BIGGEST SMILE ON MY FACE WHILE READING THIS!!

Gosh, :blush: thank you!

hhnnnngggg Elias comforting Zach oh man my heart....

Ugh I know! Crying Zach always manages to make me heart do weird things (why do you think he cries to much - whoops!)

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that's awesome

Awww, thank you.

Every time Elias sneezes, a part of me dies from the cuteness

I feel the same! There's something some adoringly cute when the ever-strong caretaker falls ill. And writing his obvious denial is so much fun. No where in the 7 heaven will this proud angel ever admit to being sick... Unless... Dun dun dunnnnnnn *spoiler*

It takes more than a few droplets of rain to break through my defences."

Not in our fictional world, nope

He he he... Just you wait!

Aww! Great up date Juto. We will miss your up dates and look forward to Elias and Zachariah's return.

Aww, thanks.

Haha I'll tell the movers to get a MOVE on! Ahaha *silence* I suck at puns! :( I'll be back to writing as soon as possible. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

And I just want to say I love "friends". (Great minds think alike. You'll see when you read my post. )

Hahahaha perfect!! Great minds DO think alike! How awesome was that? :D

And thank you for leaving us on a amusing, witty note. You know how I feel about cliff hangers and unhappy endings.

I could never leave with a cliffhanger for a longer period of time. If anyone ever did that to me, I would pull my own hair out! I can't handle! Only happy endings here!! :D

Thank you all so much for your amazing support and super sweet comments! :D

I'll return as soon as possible with more :D in my book, we still have 46 drabbles to go... So... Don't stop me now. *whistles one of her favourite Queen-tunes as she walks away, waving.*

Sooooo I totally didn't binge read this entire thing or anything. Nope. Not me.

Aw screw it I totally did! This is just too cute! And sick Elias is just starting! Gahhhh too cute! I really love this entire thing, thank you so much for writing this!

Sooooo I totally didn't binge read this entire thing or anything. Nope. Not me.

Aw screw it I totally did! This is just too cute! And sick Elias is just starting! Gahhhh too cute! I really love this entire thing, thank you so much for writing this!

Awww... Soooo I'm totally not still awake at 3 am on my side of the planet or anything. Nope. Not me. :lol: sorry, I couldn't resist!,

Awwww..thank you. That's so sweet of you. I love writing these so much! And I'm just thrilled that there are people out there who actually want to spent time reading it. Thanks, your comment and support are heartwarming and much appreciated :D

YES!!! I will return fully recharged with a sniffly, deteriorating, miserable, sick, whiny, denying, lecturing *whoops spoiler*, and very VERY sneezy, graceless angel!!! Stay tuned :D

YES!!! I will return fully recharged with a sniffly, deteriorating, miserable, sick, whiny, denying, lecturing *whoops spoiler*, and very VERY sneezy, graceless angel!!! Stay tuned

I hate you (I love you).

YES!!! I will return fully recharged with a sniffly, deteriorating, miserable, sick, whiny, denying, lecturing *whoops spoiler*, and very VERY sneezy, graceless angel!!! Stay tuned

I hate you (I love you).

:hug::heart:

Dear followers of GA….

I messed up……

I broke my own rules…….

I should have been packing boxes but…..

I drabbled…..

Curses!!

The argument with my own reflection went a little something like this:

Me: But it's just this little piece… Nothing fancy… Nothing complicated… Just fluff.. Please?

Other me(Weirdly enough in the voice of a certain… Teacher): No Juto! Look at your apartment! And look at all those unpacked boxes. The answer is no!

Me: But it's sneezy!grumpy!smitten!guardian!!! I NEED SNEEZY!GRUMPY!SMITTEN!GUARDIAN

Other me in teacher voice, holding my ground!: NO!

Me with a whiny pout on my face not suited for someone my age!: But I WANT TO!

Other me in teacher voice, sounding resigned: Fine! But just this once!!!!!

YAY :D

Part 55 - Sunday

“Ha! Tails! I win! Outside it is!” Zachariah happily threw his arms in the air smiling at his brooding angel.

Elias stood for a moment, glaring at the coin on the floor. Its toss had ended their morning debate about how to best spend the Indian summer Sunday before October hastily became November.

Much to his despair his own idea of spending the day indoors far away from chilly weather and cold breezes that could potentially break through his ward's poor excuse for an immune system had lost the coin toss. He'd never admit it to Zach, but he hadn't been able to shake she shivers his little Saturday evening in the rain had caused. He had woken up with a lurking tickle that no amount of rubbing could quench and didn't like the prospects of being out in the chilly weather with his tickly nose. But there was no way he could voice his worries to his ward. He would NOT cause him unnecessary worry.

“Tell you what,” Zachariah was showing his negotiation skills from debate class, obviously trying to persuade a still pouty Elias. “How about we take a stroll to that café we talked about and then we can go for a coffee, INSIDE.” He exaggerated the last word for Elias’s benefit.

“Come ooooooon, Elias.” He pleaded as the guardian crossed his arms on his chest and sent him a scolding look. Zach tried a coy smile and added a dash of amused flattery. “I want a chance to show off my “boyfriend””. Zach made the apostrophes in the air as he said the word. Nevertheless, the angel’s dead heart gave a sudden flutter at the very sound of it and his otherwise grumpy and short tempered mood softened. How could he possibly say no to that request?

“Please, Elias.”

Ugh! Or those puppydog, rainy eyes…

“Pleeeeease!”

Argh! Or that smile…

“Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!”

“Fine.” Elias caved, breathing out the word as his lips curved up into a smile. “But please just dress warmly. It's autumn and you know just as well as I do how sensitive you are to the cold.”

Zachariah flashed him a brilliant smile before skipping out the door in search of another sweater to wear under his coat.

Once Zach was out of earshot Elias brought the collar on his sweater up to cover his nose.

“Hmp’shuh! He-tschoo! Snf! Hheh… He-eschew!... Ahh!” He sighed in relief, reaching for the tissue box to blow his nose. He had been keeping the tickle at bay for the best part of the morning. He would NOT worry Zachariah with this. His ward would be busy enough with ‘theme week’ coming up in school on Monday without also having to worry about his guardian.

He was NOT getting sick! Nope! Absolutely not!

“Hmp’shuh!”

And yet…

“Eh-tschoo!”

He had to admit he didn't feel all that great.

“He-ESCHoo! Snf!... Uhh!”

Curses!

~ ~ ~ ~

Despite the light cold air, the gentle but chilly breeze and his runny and tickly nose, which he allowed to relieve itself muffled into his scarf whenever Zach wasn't paying attention to him, it really was a lovely walk to the café. Elias enjoyed a very talkative, energetic and happy Zachariah, who could spend a full 10 minutes philosophically describing the colours of the autumn leaves and in the same sentence reference the Monty Python’s. Despite claiming to want to “show off his “boyfriend””, Zach was very hesitant to hold Elias’s hand or even walk too closely to him. Elias suspected that Zach was still a bit on edge after what had happened last night and so the angel took every opportunity to braid his fingers in Zach’s or steer his direction with a soft press to his lower back or around his waist. Besides, knowing he was somewhat allowed to, he simply couldn't restrain himself.

The guardian had debated with himself that it was necessary to keep up the “boyfriend act” in case they should accidentally run into someone from Zach's school. And so far, his bosses hadn’t brought judgement day down upon him in disagreement. So far so good.

With every singe touch, Zach would peek up at him between the curls on his forehead, beaming and blushing slightly. Elias was still amazed at Zach's acting skills outside of school but he wrote some of it off as gratitude for Elias’s support to his preferences.

Elias was glad when they finally reached the café. Despite wearing several layers of clothes, Zach had begun to shiver slightly, and Elias had to admit the cold was getting to him too? He hugged Zach tight from behind, joining their heat, as they stood examining the board of coffees. Determined on getting his ward something hot to drink and not an iced coffee he scanned the “hot drinks” menu.

“There's a seasonal gingerbread latte? Fancy that? Sounds delicious.” Zach's vigorous and slightly childish nod made him giggle. Being this adorably simply had to be illegal.

“Great! My treat.” Elias exclaimed and headed for the counter.

Zach smiled before his face scrunched up in feigned wonder. “Hmmm… Is this being credited as “angelical employee benefits?””

Elias laughed, shaking his head. “No, I believe I can hide it under “necessary Zachariahn feel-better-purchases”. The list is stocked with receipts for tissues, paracetamols and mint rub. I'm quite sure a couple of lattes would simply go unnoticed.”

Zach laughed, shaking his head at him. Elias was briefly confused but kept the smile on his face. Apparently his ward believed he had made a joke? The guardian decided to hold back the truth to not offend him. If Zachariah knew how much the angel was spending on medical supplies, honeybrew ingredient and extra soft, aloe tissues, he probably wouldn't be laughing.

Once at the counter Elias noticed Zach giving another small shiver. He looked behind him at the small setting in the café, quickly spotting an empty table with fleece blankets draped over the chairs. He turned to his ward.

“Zachariah, there's an available table by the window, why don't you go and sit down and wrap yourself up, I'll get the coffee and join you in a minute.”

Zachariah just looked at him, rubbing his nose with a single finger. “I'll just wait with you, it's fine.” He let out another small shiver, looking away from Elias. The guardian took a steadying breath. Why was his ward making it so hard for him to do his job? And why did he feel so annoyed all of a sudden? Zachariah had always been stubborn. Elias attention was suddenly drawn to the lurking tickle and the throbbing pain in his head the constant stifling was producing. Oh, that's why he was so short tempered.

“Zachariah,” he started, hoping the annoyance he felt wasn't heard in his voice. “Go and sit down and take that blanket. It was a fairly long and cold walk and I do not want you to catch a cold.”

He caught sight of the barista’s surprised frown. He recoiled, knowing his voice had sounded more stern than he had intended. To make up for it he pulled Zach closer, touching his lips to his ward's temple and added a “please, darling?” in the hope of softening his request. Zach rolled his eyes, but smiled and turned, heading for the table and the fleece blanket. When Elias looked back at the barista she was smiling.

Feeling the lurking tickle suddenly flare up now that Zachariah was gone, Elias hastily pulled his scarf up to cover his nose.

“H’empt-shuh! Hheh… He-eschuh! Snf!” He sniffled deeply, bringing the back of his hand up to wipe his nose.

The barista smiled kindly at him. “Bless you, that sounds like a terrible cold.”

Elias tensed and couldn't keep the ice glare from hitting her as a voice he barely recognised as his own bit her off. “It's not!”

The barista flinched, but quickly recovered her calm. “Oh okay, I'm sorry. Have a nice day.” She handed him then lattes. He thanked her and turned, trying not to let the muffled “hypocrite” uttered behind him get to him. He made a mental note to leave a tip large enough at the table to make up for his rudeness.

“Are you okay?” Zach asked after taking a sip of his latte. “You seemed a bit off before.”

Elias took a second to respond.

No Zachariah, I’m not feeling very well though I'm trying my best to hide it from you so as not to worry you. But the truth is, my head hurts like crazy, I'm slowly starting to ache, my nose is running constantly and I think I may be coming down with something. Ugh! But I really hope not because 1) I’d be afraid that you'd catch it, 2) I'd be concerned that you’d worry too much and loose your focus on school and 3) … I'm sure I had another brilliant point to make but I just don't feel well and I just want to curl up in your arms and listen to your heartbeat and let your soft fingers roam my back and card through my hair and God, why am I so whiny? I don't even have a fever, in fact I'm not even sure I'm sick but I keep sneezing and-

“Elias? You okay? You zoned out for a minute.”

Elias gave a small cough, clearing his head of any ranting thoughts before they could fight their way out between his lips. “I'm fine Zachariah, I guess I just didn't sleep that well last night. Please forgive me for being short with you.”

Zach shrugged, smiling. “It's fine, it's human to have off days.” He smiled briefly and winked teasingly at Elias before his face grew serious again. “I just wish you'd tell me what’s on your mind. I mostly feel like our friendship is basically just me complaining about my problems and you looking out for me, but I rarely know what's going on in your head.” He looked down at his hands and started fidgeting with his buttons on his coat sleeve. “You would tell me, though right?” He looked back up at Elias with affectionate cloudy eyes. “If something was troubling you?”

“Of course.” He gave a supportive smile, hoping his ward didn't see past it.

“Okay.” Zach seemed to accept his response. He gave Elias one last glance before turning his eyes to watch by-passers on the street outside their window.

Elias took the opportunity to bury his nose in his scarf once again and give in to that God-awful tickle that had been annoying him since entering the café.

“H’nx! H’x! H’nkt!” The force of the stifles still threw his upper body forward, but luckily the sound was completely muffled by his scarf. He barely had time to compose himself before Zach turned back towards him. He prayed the blush he felt in his cheeks and the slight pant in his breath would go unnoticed. Zachariah merely smiled at him and took a sip of his latte.

Coffee mugs empty, they gathered their things. Just before exiting the small café, Elias remembered the need to make up for his rudeness earlier. He pulled Zach close, ignoring the glances from the other guests in the café and placed a kiss on each of his cheeks. “Thank you for having coffee with me, my darling. You were right, this was the perfect way to spend a Sunday.” He caught the barista’s eye as he pulled a note he deemed a large enough tip from his coat pocket and placed it on the table. “Thank you for a delicious coffee. This is a wonderful little café you have here.” Ahh yes! He was still Elias! Not this grumpy, non-sick, being but his normal, polite self.

They set off home, hands securely tucked in each other's, a wide smile on Elias’s face, an adorable blush in Zachariah’s.

On the way home Elias couldn't help but worry. Tomorrow was Monday. He still needed an excuse to remain with his ward in school and he doubted the “boyfriend on visit” would hold up. More importantly he needed to get rid of this blasted non-cold before Zachariah noticed… Or worse caught it.

The graceless angel let out a silent whine before dragging behind a still very talkative Zachariah, bringing up his now damp scarf to muffle his sneezes.

“Hmp’ch! Ng’xt! Snf! Hheh… Hmptsch-schuh!...uhh!”

Stupid non-cold!

“Snf! Hemp’ftschuh!... Hh.”

Curses!

JUTO!!!

I swear I dont know what I like better Zach being all cute in the beginning trying to his way with Elias....OR MY SICK WHINY ANGEL. I'M TORN SO TORN XDD

*Ahem*

I love how Zach is trying to be...I hate saying normal but he is he really just wants to be normal and hang with Elias and not be sick boy all the time so it's not surprising he didn't just want to sit in a blanket, he wanted to wait with Elias. So fraking cute.

Elias gave a small cough, clearing his head of any ranting thoughts before they could fight their way out between his lips. “I'm fine Zachariah, I guess I just didn't sleep that well last night. Please forgive me for being short with you.”

Yep 100% read this and saw Gabriel talking to Liam in my head.....yep don't mind me XDD

“Are you okay?” Zach asked after taking a sip of his latte. “You seemed a bit off before.”

Elias took a second to respond.

No Zachariah, I’m not feeling very well though I'm trying my best to hide it from you so as not to worry you. But the truth is, my head hurts like crazy, I'm slowly starting to ache, my nose is running constantly and I think I may be coming down with something. Ugh! But I really hope not because 1) I’d be afraid that you'd catch it, 2) I'd be concerned that you’d worry too much and loose your focus on school and 3) … I'm sure I had another brilliant point to make but I just don't feel well and I just want to curl up in your arms and listen to your heartbeat and let your soft fingers roam my back and card through my hair and God, why am I so whiny? I don't even have a fever, in fact I'm not even sure I'm sick but I keep sneezing and-

“Elias? You okay? You zoned out for a minute.”

This was my fave part, I love that you think he's all confessing everything and it ends up being all in his head. My poor angel.

Stupid non-cold!

Oh Elias...you're to far in denial you've landed in Egypt.

This was great seriously. :yes:

??? Love the denial from Elias. I hope Zach doesn't catch this "non cold" from Elias, but it would serve Elias right if Zach did. (Did that make sense?)

Awwww... You guys are the sweetest!! Thank you for supporting my non-break :D

I love how Zach is trying to be...I hate saying normal but he is he really just wants to be normal and hang with Elias and not be sick boy all the time so it's not surprising he didn't just want to sit in a blanket, he wanted to wait with Elias. So fraking cute.

Poor Zachariah is just so fed up with being Ziggy all the time that what he REALLY just wishes for is a shot at a conventional, natural, ordinary, just standard run-of-the-mill experience. Like going to a cafe with a friend on a Sunday! For him, that's an extraordinary experience. So naturally, he'd want to be present for every little thing that happens :)

Yep 100% read this and saw Gabriel talking to Liam in my head.....yep don't mind me XDD

Don't worry... I Uhm.... I kinda did too :whistle:

I just think it's because they can both be very formal in speech and behaviour. A couple of proper gentlemen we have, Kaze :D

Love the denial from Elias. I hope Zach doesn't catch this "non cold" from Elias, but it would serve Elias right if Zach did. (Did that make sense?)

It made complete sense :) Elias in denial is so much fun to write... And I suppose with him being the "boyfriend" and whatever happens in school, the chance of Zachariah catching his non-cold would be..... Guaranteed, I should think? *whoops spoiler* who I'm a kidding?! It's no spoiler... You lot knew :lol: I AM gonna torture Elias a little bit more though! ;) poor angel.

*claws outta grave* This was precious. Poor angel. Awwww.

Awww thanks Arty :D poor angel in deed, sadly, about to get a whole lot worse ;) whoops! Please don't hate me! :lol: Edited by Juto of Beerpiece
  • 3 weeks later...

*Crawls out of the cave she's been hiding in for the last couple of weeks, squinting her eyes against the burning sun. Raising her arms towards the cloudfilled November sky, the colour very like a certain pair of eyes she's been missing terribly, she lets out a might squeal of joy!*

“I’M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!”

Hurrah!!!

“ahem” *composes self*

So, yeah! Time for some sneezy guardian, I believe.

@ Akahana, I hope this comes close to what you wanted :D I had so much fun writing it!

All you other amazing people! Thank you so much for your patience! Newcomers, Welcome! Commenters, please don't ever stop! I love every single one of them!

Kaze and Icyflame, my wondercrew! Thank you so much for buttering my wheels and putting up with my whiny self when I got stuck. :heart:

Rambling aside (a bit too late) please enjoy :D

Part 56 - Photograph

Zach groggily cracked an eye open, closing it almost immediately as the room was way to sunlit for his liking. He turned his face away from the window, eyes opening into slits and was greeted by a sight he was sure he would never forget; his sleeping guardian angel occupying the other side of the bed was a picture of celestial serenity!

Zach didn't dare to move, let alone breathe as he drank in Elias’s peaceful slumber. The angel’s worried lines were relaxed and his normally unruly hair looked even more a mess tousled by sleep, sticking up in all sorts of odd angles.

Gods, Zach found himself wishing he could capture this moment forever, a safe-keep to remember when the angel woke and his face would once again fall into a worried frown, most often for Zachariah's own well being. But this face, so peaceful and calm, smooth as marble, and oh god so beautiful, ahh how he wanted to preserve it, keep worry out of Elias’s face forever.

An idea popped into his head.

As silently as he possibly could he shifted in bed and brought his arm behind his back to reach for his phone on the bedside table.

Careful not to move too much around in the bed he supported himself up on one elbow and angled his phone to capture the angelical face in focus on the screen. He tried to keep his arm steady as the phone auto-focused and when the little green light appeared in the corner of the screen… *click*.

Zach nervously checked and double checked his photo folder, afraid that the picture of his angelical caretaker should magically vanish. But it was still there. He should feel bad about this, awkward at the very least, but Elias had stalked him for 6 months without Zach having the faintest of clue so, Zach figured he too was allowed a brief ‘obsessive stalker’ moment himself.

He put his phone away and laid back down on his side, allowing himself the intoxication of beholding his sleeping guardian.

After a few minutes Zach noticed Elias’s nostril twitch slightly, and he wiggled his nose from side to side in his sleep, a look that Zach found extremely adorable. When it happened again a few seconds later, the sleeping angel brought a hand up from under the duvet to gently run a finger back and forth at the tip of his nose.

A wicked grin spread across Zach's face as the idea of settling a debt occurred to him.

This morning may be a divine picture of angelical tranquility, one that he knew he would never forget....

… But it was payback time!

~ ~ ~

Elias felt the warmth of the sun on his eyelids, slowly waking up from a pleasant dreamlike state.

Suddenly something heavy was placed on his stomach and he forced his eyes open. Zachariah was lounging on his side, his one elbow supporting his head across Elias’s stomach while his other hand twirled a long, white, fluffy object between his fingers.

“Remember when I told you that next time you were graceless it was pay back time?” He said with a smirk.

Elias groaned. Even without fluffy irritants his nose was already sensitive and ticklish from his non-cold. But he had taken undutiful liberties once, so technically, retribution was in order. He just wished Zach hadn't picked a time when he was already down with a-… NO! He was NOT sick! His ticklish nose, easily flushed cheeks and lurking headache were merely signs of worry for the upcoming school week. He still had no idea how to remain with Zach during school hours. But he was not. Sick.!

He sighed and spread his arms on the mattress signalling complete submission.

“Really?” Zachariah sounded surprised.

Elias merely shrugged carelessly, closed his eyes and waited for the assault.

“Alright.”

Elias chuckled at his ward's business like voice. Zachariah should have been studying law.

“Considering I spent the remaining day after my hideous wake-up feeling miserably sneezy I don't think asking for 20 is asking too much! Care to argue?”

Elias shook his head, feigning disinterest. “Is it too late to plead ‘not guilty’?”

“Yes!”

“Then I suppose the sentence is just.”

Zachariah wasted no time. He started off slow, running the tip of the fluffy feather along the under side of Elias’s nose. The angel's nostrils already flared in response and Elias resisted the urge to rub it viciously.

It didn't take long for Elias’s already over sensitive and slightly pink nose to give in to the offending and very fluffy object. Acknowledging his decreasing ability to hold back he shoved Zach's hand aside and pulled the collar of his pyjamas up to cover his nose and mouth.

“He’eschoo! He’shuh! Etschuh! Hheh… ESCHoo! Snf! Goodness!” He gave his reddening nose a well deserved rub through the fabric of his pyjama shirt.

“Oi, no hiding!” Elias detected amusement in Zach's voice. Great! The little lawyer was actually enjoying himself! “We've still got 16 to go.”

“Hheh… E’ASCHOO! Snf!” Elias coughed into his collar before slowly pulling it down.

“Bless you! 15 then.”

The feather attacked him again, this time the tip eased its way around his flaring nostrils, slowly peeking inside, irritating the reddening walls. Too late Elias realised submitting to this was a terrible mistake. A few sneezes couldn't possibly be enough for the burning tickle he felt bubbling inside his nose. If, IF! This WAS in fact a non-non-cold and he wasn't careful he could risk Zachariah catching it. He turned on his side, angling away from him and curled in on himself, but there was no escaping the feather.

“Zachariah, Hh… I-I… Really d-don't Hheh… Think this wa-hhh-has such Hheh… A good… Hheh… Oh God… Hep-tschuh! A’tchoo! Snf! Hheh… He’eischoo! Snf!… Ahh. Idea! Ahh… ASCHOO! Snf!

“Good idea?” Zach choked out between laughs. Oh great! Zachariah was actually laughing at him now while relentlessly twirling the feather around in one of his nostrils.

“He’ESChoo! Hheh…He’eschiew!... Uhh! Snf! ESCHoo! Ahh…ah...”

“I never said this was a good idea!” Zach slowly pulled the feather out, giving Elias an opportunity to catch his breath.

“… ASCHOO!...uhh! Snf!”

“This is revenge, guardian! Sweet revenge!” Zachariah added a raspy quality to his voice, as he held up his arms to flex his rather sad excuse for biceps. “Take it like a man!”

Elias couldn't help but grin at his ward’s obvious amusement and was therefore completely unprepared when Zach once again stuck the feather up into his nose, twirling it around. He got a bit too far up this time and Elias’s nose erupted into a stream of rapid and highly ticklish sneezes, making his eyes water. He had just enough time to turn away from Zachariah and bring up his arm to partly shield his face.

“Hhih… ESCHiew! Esch! Esch! ESCHoo! Hheh… H’ESCHIEW!...uhh! My goodness! Snf!”

Zach chuckled, slightly embarrassed. “Sorry, too far?”

Elias’s answering nod was lost as his body was thrown forward once more, hands flying up to prevent Zachariah from being sprayed.

“Hhah… ATSCHUH!... Snf!

“Last one.” Zachariah gave the feather one last controlled twirl and Elias felt fresh irritated tears spring from his eyes as his nostrils flared and quivered in response.

“Ehh… Eh’ISCHUH! Snf!”

Zachariah pulled the feather out and threw his arms up in celebration. “20! You're done! And what a grand finale! Bless you! Thank you very much for playing, this has been most amusing!”

But Elias wasn't done. Despite the absence of the feather his non-cold ridden nose still quivered and tickled.

“Hheh… ESCHoo! Snf! Eh’eschiew!”

“Bless you! Couple more that's fine, I'm not gonna-

“He’tschuh!”

“And another, bless you!

“Hheh… ESChiew! Snf! ESCHOO!

“Uhm, whoa, Elias?” I hint of concern was detectable in Zach's voice. Elias tried to wave him off with his hand whilst his other hand was pinching his nose, hoping to stifle the tickle into submission.

“Hn’xt! Hheh… Hmp’sch! H’gkt!... He’ngt’schoo!”

It had no positive effect whatsoever! If anything it made the tickle in his nose more desperately in need of erupting.

“He-shuh!... Uhh… Ahh… Ai’schoo!”

“Oh god, Elias I'm sorry! I didn't think you'd be reacting this-

“Hhah… Ah’ASCHOO!”

“Shit, it's gone, see? No more feather.”

“Eeh’TSCHOO!... Uhh! No more please!”

“I'm so sorry Elias.”

“ESCHOO! Snf!”

Finally, the fit seemed to let up, leaving the guardian red-nosed, panting and absolutely worn out. He looked up at the ceiling trying to get his heavy breathing under control as he wiped his streaming eyes with back of his hand. An auburn mop of curly hair framing a highly worried expression peeped into his vision. A couple of tissues were pressed into his hand and he nodded gratefully before bringing them up to wipe his nose.

“Are you okay?” The guardian couldn't help but smile. Zach's voice was so soft, almost vibrant with worry and he looked so guilty it was endearing. Elias exhaustedly waved his hand in the air.

“I'm fine. Guess I deserved that huh? Well.” He cleared his throat and sniffled deeply, finally making the irritant keel. “Thank you for settling the score, I suppose.”

Zach gave him a highly quizzical look. “You're… Not mad?”

“Why would I be mad?” Elias was confused. He plucked a few more tissues and blew his nose.

“I almost made you explode just because I wanted to tease a few sneezes out of you, as payback. You should at least be annoyed.” Zach was staring at him in disbelief now and raised one eyebrow when Elias simply smiled and shook his head.

“No, you were in your good right to retaliate. I deserved it!” Elias’s smile faded as he looked as Zach's slightly offended expression

“I thought we were well past the constraints of your contract. You ARE allowed to be mad at me.”

Elias sat up in bed and gave his slightly sore nose a final rub with the tissues as he allowed Zach to pour some sanitiser into his hand. He wouldn’t exactly say that he had enjoyed this little morning torture, but nonetheless he was somewhat grateful for the opportunity to pass off his non-cold sneezes as feather-tickle remnants for the rest of the day.

He looked deeply into his ward's eyes, willing him to understand.

“I'm not mad at you, Zachariah. Contract or not.” He held his gaze until Zachariah gave a small nod in accept, blushing slightly at Elias’s intense gaze.

“Guess I owe you a lot of ‘bless you’s’ huh.” He mumbled to his hands.

The angel broke into a chuckle before his nose seized control again.

“He-shuh! Snf!... Uhh. Bless away, my little lawyer, bless away!”

TBC.