Sneeze Fetish Forum

Guardian Angel (original fiction, M/M)

Juto

He coughed lightly into his wrist finding Zachariah's eyes. His ward looked sad, almost worried and Elias offered him a small smile before he prepared to continue.

Awe this was so sweet!

“He is not yours to take.” The blonde read, stealing glances at Elias as she did. “ He is an innocent, let him be.” Elias’s lips mouthed the words etched into his memory. The heat flared up again making his eyes water and his nose run. He quickly turned to the side burying his face in his elbow.

“Heh-shuh! Snf! Hetschiew!”

He turned back, rubbing his nose with the back of his hand.

Oh dear...! And it's going to get more rough for him. :( Let's see how much he'll be able to handle. x

Edited by Candy Dust
  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juto

• Arty

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• Kaze Wo Hiku

Awwh poor Elias, he's trying so hard! And so is Zach, but Elias is really going to get it later...

Ooohhhh you have no idea how mad sweet little Zachariah can get! ;) Elias really should know better... Tsk tsk... Silly angel ;)

//fansself. I swear sick!Elias does things to me.

Good thing I'm ready to serve some more tonight then ;)

ORDER UP *ding*

I'm drawing sick Elias right now guys.

I'll add the link with the next part :D thanks again Arty :hug:

oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo ZACH'S GOT A SECRET ZACH'S GOT A SECRET! TELL ME YOUR SECRET!!!!! (I know the secret )

(Check back for more if you want to know the secret of the secret box)

Hehehehehe I'm so glad to see you back IcyFlame :hug: I have missed your adorable weirdness :lol:

LETS HAVE THE SECRET!! *points to secret box with wand and utters something unintelligible*

TA-DAAAAAA...

Ohmygodthisistoocute

Aww thank you. :heart: I hope you'll continue to enjoy...

I feel a little sorry for Elias. He's totally in love, but can't admit it. He's got a cold and can't admit it. He will hate having to sit through this play and can't admit it. Hmm... There's a theme here.

Huh... Mmyeah... *considers changing title to "miserable untold secrets of a guardian angel"* ;)

Thanks! I'm thrilled to be back! :heart:

Oh dear...! And it's going to get more rough for him. Let's see how much he'll be able to handle. x

Hehe you'd be surprised ;) he's stubborn that graceless fool ;)

Thank you all so so so very much for all your wonderful comments!!! They keep me in high spirits...

New chapter up tonight... Putting finishing touches on it now...

Edited by Juto of Beerpiece

Hi lovelies…

The Super talented Artygirl has once again felt inspired enough to draw an amazing picture of a very sick and very miserable Angel.

You can see the picture here http://www.sneezefetishforum.org/index.php?showtopic=65123

Thanks again Arty! You're so very sweet and so very talented :hug:

Aaaaaaand here's the next part… Only 41 to go now :lol:

Part 59 - ... Repaid

Zach was very quiet that night at dinner. His parents were out and Elias had defied his increasingly uncomfortable symptoms and actually cooked a nutritious meal. Though truth be told he didn't really feel like eating it. He pushed the rice, chicken and mushrooms around on his plate as the ache in his throat burned just thinking about food. Now at least he knew why Zachariah was so reluctant to eat when he was feeling sick. Elias made a mental note to only serve Zach soups and ice creams next time he was ill.

He looked across the table frowning as he realised that Zach had barely touched his food either. The guardian in him awoke.

“You not hungry Zachariah? Do you want something else?” He looked up into Zach's eyes but they seemed far away, lost in thought. Elias frowned, Zach didn't seem to even register Elias’s presence nor the food on his plate.

Elias swiftly took advantage and sniffled rubbing at his nose hoping to quench the lurking tickle into submission. “Zachariah?”

The ward blinked a few times, finally focussing on Elias who gave him a worried look. “You alright?”

Zach looked down and bit his lip as he twirled the fork around on his plate. Elias waited patiently for him to speak trying to twitch his nose without touching it. Damn lurking tickle wouldn't abate. Finally Zach looked back up, his face unreadable.

“I had made up my mind to be angry with you for keeping this from me, this you being my teacher thing, but you look….” His eyes narrowed slightly and Elias felt the heat increase in his face. “You don't look like yourself. Not that I've actually seen you all that much in the last 6 months,” Zach shrugged with a forced laugh. “But something seems… Off.” He cocked his head to the side. “Are you sure you're feeling okay?”

Elias felt a small blush creep under his skin. So Zachariah HAD noticed. He faked a yawn inconspicuously rubbing his nose through it. “Guess I'm just really tired. I spent most of the night browsing up on my war knowledge and what I actually remember of it.” He thought back to today's teaching suddenly recalling having to investigate something.

“Zachariah, what was going through your mind when I talked about...” He left the sentence unfinished but touched his chest where the bullet had entered it 75 years ago. He looked softly into Zach's eyes hoping for a readable expression but Zach's face was blank. Elias swallowed painfully and continued. “That girl in your class mentioned Cornelius Fairchild and you looked so shocked.” He searched Zach's eyes, but the rainclouds gave nothing away. “I was just wondering…” He trailed off, sniffling discreetly as he looked at Zach.

His ward shrugged, not meeting his eyes. “Don't know. Thought maybe I'd heard the name before in some context but I guess not.” He looked back up at Elias, smiling softly but Elias had the feeling that smile was hiding something more than a vague memory of a name. “You go ahead and sleep then, I have some things to look at.”

“What? You've already done your homework.” Elias’s face fell. He wasn't really sure how to tackle this as a guardian. He felt he ought to stay with Zachariah until his ward was ready for bed too but Elias had to confess, to himself at least, that staying awake for more than a half hour more would be a terrible struggle. Although, with fear of sounding like a clingy “boyfriend”, he had secretly been hoping for the presence of another body to warm and cosy up the bed. But it was probably for the best, he was still anxious about the possibility of him infecting Zachariah.

“This is something else.” Zach muttered as he stood and cleared their barely touched food off the table.

“What?” Elias winced at the congestion slowly creeping into his voice. He was gonna have to give in to the lurking tickle and blow his nose before Zachariah noticed anything. Zach cleared the plates and put them in the dishwasher.

“Just stuff.” He went past Elias to get his computer from his bag in the hall. The angel tried not to flinch with worry as Zachariah brushed his lips softly against his hair as he passed him. “Sleep well, Elias.”

As soon as Elias knew Zach was out of sight he pinched his nose shut finally giving in.

“H’ngkt!-uhh! N’xxt!-uhh! Eh… Eh’nxt’ch!”

The lurking tickle was dead set on revenge for having been kept in check for so long. Elias was only allowed a small break to catch his breath before he was overcome again.

“Ha’ktx! Hhh… Hn’nxgt!-uhh!”

“Bless you.” Zach had absentmindedly brushed another kiss to his hair before he set up his computer at the table, drumming his fingers impatiently against it as it slowly sprang to life. Elias quickly drew a tissue from his pocket, tending to his nose while Zachariah was focused on the screen in front of him. The angel closed his eyes against the throbbing pain in his head, re-announced its presence after the fit. He'd have to make it upstairs before Zachariah noticed anything.

“Thank you.” Elias looked at his ward but Zachariah's eyes were fixed on the screen. “Goodnight Zachariah.” With no reaction from the younger man Elias went upstairs, changed into his night gear (adding a sweater on top as he felt himself start to shiver) and settled into bed. He glanced at the arm chair in the corner. It would be safer for Zach if Elias slept in that in stead of in the bed which was quickly turning into a zone of contamination. But if Zach walked up to find Elias asleep in the chair it would probably alert him to his guardian's weakened health.

“H’etschoo! Hesch-shuh! Hh… Eh’hnxtschuh!-uhh!

He groaned into his hands and the tissue held in place around his nose before he switched off the lights. Sniffling deeply he settled himself as close to the edge of the bed at he possibly could, pulling his duvet tight around him, wishing it was Zachariah's arms holding his shivering frame and not his own.

~ ~ ~

Wednesday and most of Thursday went past in a feverish blur for the angel. He had two main focuses. 1) talk about the war, 2) try not to appear ill in class, and somewhere in between he had to uphold his guardian duties and make sure Zachariah was kept happy and healthy.

To the guardian's great dismay Zach's distant behaviour lasted all through Wednesday. And even worse, Thursday wasn't any better. When asked Zach merely explained that he was very focused on the reenactment and escaped to his room shortly after. Elias looked up the stairs following him with his eyes until Zach closed his door. Distressed and slightly out of his wits Elias sat down on the living room sofa resting his heavy head in his hands. No herb had been able to remove the throbbing pain behind his eyes and Elias could feel the heat in his face no longer flared but was instead a constant low grade burn making his vision blurry and his balance weak.

His throat felt achy and dry no matter how much he drank and he had developed a chesty cough that he could only really let out in the teacher’s lounge far away from Zachariah. After several worried looks from the teachers around him Elias had managed a small smile and convinced them that he HAD given up smoking. Elias had glanced upwards quietly asking forgiveness for his lie.

And now, on top of everything he had Zach's gloomy features to worry about.

By Thursday evening Elias was in the kitchen trying to maintain an upright position as he heated up soup on the stove. He quickly shook his head to appear more alert as Zachariah walked in. Elias gasped in shock as he took in Zach's expression. His ward’s appearance had adopted a distressed and trembling quality, his face was pale and his hands were shaking. Elias dropped the spoon in his hand and rushed to his side ignoring his own spinning head as he carefully sat his ward down in one of the chairs before going back to get a glass of water. Zach took a few sips staring straight ahead seemingly at nothing. Elias clasped the edge of the table for support closing his eyes against the spinning kitchen in his vision. As Zach drank Elias took several deep breaths finally able to see his vision return to normal. Zach had finished the water and was now taking shallow breaths, eyes darting around the kitchen. He kept giving small shakes of his head as if he was occupied by some terrible thought he couldn't shake.

The guardian was beside himself. “Zachariah darling, please tell me what's the matter.” Zach gave him a strange look almost as if he didn't believe what he was seeing. “Zachariah, please.” Elias was starting to panic. He had no idea what’d brought this on. Zach hadn't complained about feeling sick and a quick feel of his forehead proved that Elias’s own body temperature exceeded his ward’s. The angel cursed under his breath looking into Zach's eyes, willing him to speak.

Slowly, Zach raised his hand holding a small paperback book Elias hadn't noticed before. Zach placed it on the table.

“Do you recognise this?” More worried about his ward than the book on the table Elias held his eyes a bit longer before looking away. On the table was an old copy of ‘The Hobbit’ by Tolkien. It looked worn, used. It was old, possibly even a first edition from 1937.

Confused Elias turned back to Zach whose eyes seemed pained and distant. Elias felt the dull burning behind his eyes as tears started forming. He had no idea what to do. “Zachariah what's the matter? Tell me, please.” He glanced back at the table. “It's just a book. ‘The hobbit’, I read it once. Zachariah please, I don't understand, are you in pain?”

Zach shook his head slowly from side to side and Elias drew a steadying breath. Zach slowly picked up the book and turned the first page, showing the book to Elias. In the upper corner of the first page were the scribbled initials “E. L. F. 1937”. Elias stared at the page, not blinking.

“This… This was mine! My sister gave it to me when I left to join the army.” He looked at Zach who still seemed too stunned to speak. “By the Gods, how did you…?” Elias couldn't fathom how his own book had ended up in the hands of his ward.

“Turn the page.” Zach's voice was weak, trembling and Elias shook with tension as he turned the page. On the next page there was a small penned message.

“My dear Edmund,

An angel saved me once and this book is all I have left of him.

Keep it safe and maybe he'll return.

- Your papa.”

Beneath that was another small note.

“Dearest Mary,

May he watch over you as he did my father.

Best wishes, love dada.”

Under that in a less elegant hand were the scribbled lines:

“Happy birthday Ziggy,

An angel is watching over you.

Love mum.”

Elias shook his head reading the words over and over again grasping their meaning but positive he wasn't deducing it right. It could't be… Could it?

“My great grandfather,” Zach's voice was trembling his hands shaking in his lap until Elias reached down and took them in his own. They were so cold. “Was Cornelius Fairchild.”

Zach hung his head, his face contorted as if in pain as he let the tears flow freely. Elias sat motionless for a minute cupping Zach's cold hands in his own until the image of his Zachariah so torn with emotions became to much for him. He tucked Zach's cold hands against his chest under his sweater wrapping his arms firmly around the only person in the entire world he would sacrifice anything for.

And he had! His sacrifice had been repaid.

It took every ounce of self control Elias could muster not to cup his ward’s face in his hands and let a kiss lovingly convince him that given the choice Elias would have done it all again. For him. His Zachariah. His everything.

His sense won and the angel opted for wiping Zach's tears with his thumbs kissing away a stray drop of salty liquid on his nose.

“Thank you.” Zach's voice was light as air and only just audible. His tears were still flowing in a steady stream and Elias felt his own eyes brimming over with warm moisture. “I owe you everything. My entire existence.”

Elias had no idea how to respond to such gratitude so he merely tightened his hold around his shivering ward hoping his own head wouldn't burst from equal parts congestion and emotion. Tears dropped from his chin into Zach's chestnut hair as Elias sat there, feeling sick and overwhelmed, holding the outcome of his fatal sacrifice.

~ ~ ~

Sleep didn't come to Elias that night. He was propped up on his side in bed, facing Zachariah. His ward had given in to sleep shortly after midnight when his tears of eternal gratitude for Elias’s courage and sacrifice had let up. Elias sniffled quietly and stroked his fingers gently against Zach's red and puffy eyes and cheeks.

His own last words kept replaying over and over in his head and as he once had in a fever dream Elias kept picturing Zachariah as the dark haired Cornelius hiding behind him as the soldier pointed a gun at Elias’s chest threatening to shoot unless Elias gave up the boy. Elias had never questioned his action, never regretted his deed but now a pointless fear of “what if he hadn't” crept into his mind turning his fever warm skin to ice.

If he hadn't found Cornelius…

If the boy had starved to death next to his dead parents…

If the soldiers had captured him…

If Elias hadn't sacrificed his own life to save him…

… Zachariah Benedict would never have been born.

That realisation tore at him, making his dead heart ache in his chest.

Elias rubbed at his sore nose as the felt the runny effects of his emotions, but rubbing did little to subdue the itch.

“He’Ngtxschjuh! H’empftschjuh!

The angel held his breath hoping his failed attempt at stifling hadn't woken Zach. He sniffled deeply as a drowsy arm snaked around his waist and a smaller body inched closer to his.

“Bless you, angel.” Elias smiled at the sleepiness in Zach's voice, he barely sounded awake.

Burying his fingers in Zach's hair he angled himself to hug his ward in his peaceful sleep, making sure to keep his breath away from Zachariah’s face. Elias closed his eyes hoping to get at least a few hours of sleep but he kept picturing bombs going off, concrete dust and dirt flying through the air and a little dark haired boy who, despite Elias’s desperately fast pace, he could never quite seem to reach.

His eyes flew open, his body trembling from the image. The heat in his body flared again making him feel dizzy even lying down. He hugged his ward impossibly closer, more focused on saving Zachariah from Elias’s own hallucinations than sparing him from his burning body heat. He held on tight ignoring the muffled sleepy protests made against his burning and aching chest.

TBC…

I never commented on this wonderful thread before, but my god it's about time. THIS STORY. Holy Juto, it's so amazing! I love the dynamic and the plot, it's so fascinating, it could literally be a book! And the characters oh. my god! You do such a good job writing out their relationship and the CUTENESS OF ELIAS! This is seriously so great! I love when you update ;)

I'm just going to go collapse in the corner now......FROM CUTENESS AND SWEETNESS OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!

I KNEW IT WAS COMING AND I STILL NEARLY CRIED!!

If he hadn't found Cornelius…

If the boy had starved to death next to his dead parents…

If the soldiers had captured him…

If Elias hadn't sacrificed his own life to save him…

… Zachariah Benedict would never have been born.

That realisation tore at him, making his dead heart ache in his chest.

My darling sick Angel, come to Kaze :heart:

“Bless you, angel.” Elias smiled at the sleepiness in Zach's voice, he barely sounded awake.

Will never tire of hearing this.

SUCH a good chap Juto :hug:

Ahhhhhh you already got all my fangirling, but I had to come reply here anyway! Juto, I say this every dang time, but you are just amazing! Poor Elias! And Zach, having to figure all that out... It just adds that extra connection, you know? This part was so heartbreaking and sweet all at the same time! I just loved it!

*shyly peaks out the grave*

Uh....thanks for the kind words about my art.....uh...yea..and that twist at the end. Nice.

Like Melody, I've also never commented on this story, because - to be honest - this mystery thing with angels, demons and whatever is usually not my cup of tea at all... But I really like how you describe Elias' worsening cold and the fever in this chapter. If my fingertips start to hurt, someone did a really good job. And *ouch* - yes, they do... ;) So... thank you for writing this, Juto. :)

EEEE!!! ADORABLE

Awww thanks.

I never commented on this wonderful thread before, but my god it's about time. THIS STORY. Holy Juto, it's so amazing! I love the dynamic and the plot, it's so fascinating, it could literally be a book! And the characters oh. my god! You do such a good job writing out their relationship and the CUTENESS OF ELIAS! This is seriously so great! I love when you update ;)

Oh, wow... Thanks! :blush: I'm really happy you think so. New update tonight. I hope you don't mind me torturing poor Elias a bit more? :P

I'm just going to go collapse in the corner now......FROM CUTENESS AND SWEETNESS OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!

Hehe sorry ;) glad you're still enjoying these.

I KNEW IT WAS COMING AND I STILL NEARLY CRIED!!

Whoops... Sawwy :P hehe...

Ahhhhhh you already got all my fangirling, but I had to come reply here anyway! Juto, I say this every dang time, but you are just amazing! Poor Elias! And Zach, having to figure all that out... It just adds that extra connection, you know? This part was so heartbreaking and sweet all at the same time! I just loved it!

Awww :heart: thank you. I'm thrilled you liked it.

*shyly peaks out the grave*

Uh....thanks for the kind words about my art.....uh...yea..and that twist at the end. Nice.

Arty your art never ceases to amaze me :hug: and thank you. :)

Keep them coming!

Noted! ;)

ahhhHHHHHHHH this is great A+++

Aww thanks toasty :):heart:

Like Melody, I've also never commented on this story, because - to be honest - this mystery thing with angels, demons and whatever is usually not my cup of tea at all... But I really like how you describe Elias' worsening cold and the fever in this chapter. If my fingertips start to hurt, someone did a really good job. And *ouch* - yes, they do... ;) So... thank you for writing this, Juto. :)

I completely understand that Hedgie :) but thank you for taking the time to comment on something you DID like :) that was really sweet of you.

Oh my, thank you all so much for such lovely comments!! They really helped me get this next chapter done sooner than expected. Thanks to Kaze wo hiku for putting up with my rambling earlier and teaching me a valuable lesson I will have the chapter up tonight. :D

Part 60 – Last words revisited

Elias let out a sigh as his burning skin came into contact with the cool marble. His eyes fluttered shut and his face went slack. Thoughts started to blur out but then…

*knock* *knock* *knock*

“Elias? I kinda need to go in there too. You done soon?”

The angel jerked and lifted his heavy head causing his congested nose to throb painfully reminding him that he was no longer engulfed in cleansing steam. He pinched his nose shut, shivering with exhausted anticipation.

“He’umpfschuh! Heischoo! Hh… Eh’mpfftsschjuh!”

He sighed audibly resting his burning forehead back on the sink as he sniffled deeply. A stifle was no longer a stifle but a drawn out painful explosion of held back congestion that could no longer be restricted to a mere head bob and quenching sound. It left him utterly exhausted. He might have had a sporting chance to get through today if he'd got some decent sleep but the revelation that his sacrifice is what paid for the survival of Zach's great grandfather ultimately resulting in Zachariah being born had swivelled around in his head. Rest had seemed like a foreign concept and now he sourly regretted ever having signed up as a guest teacher.

*knock* *knock* *knock*

“Dammit Elias I need to pee!”

Elias slowly raised his head from the cooling marble, using the sink for support as he stood swaying for a minute before gaining his balance.

Truth be told, there wasn't much comfort in sitting on the edge of the bathtub resting a cheek on the cold bathroom sink. Heck, Elias was ready to settle himself in the freezer if it could elevate/relieve the fire in his body. His eyes were burning, wet, his throat dry and achy from heat and his whole body sweaty and shivery. The steamy bath had been so wonderful on his clogged sinuses but the burning heat had thrived and the exhausted and sleep deprived angel had sunk down on the edge of the bathtub resting his hot face on the cold marble of the bathroom sink.

Calling in sick had crossed his mind, but that would alert Zach to his illness. Zach had enough to worry about with school and the re-enactment and Elias let out a tremor as he recalled Zach's reaction to last night's revelation. It had struck him hard knowing that Elias’s death had technically speaking paid for his life and Elias couldn't bear to think about how his sensitive ward would react if he found out Elias was sick.

His ward rushed past him in a flurry of bouncy hair and a mud- green uniform the second Elias opened the door.

“Thank you, now get out.” Elias felt a shove against his back, not intended as a push merely a rushed shove but it still made the dizzy angel loose his balance and tumble to his knees a second after the door had closed behind him. He was on the floor on all fours, wiping sweat off his brow, trying to keep the room from spinning as he wondered how in the seven heavens he was ever going to survive today.

~ ~ ~

“hmpt’fschhuh! Hh… Mmf’schhuh!” Peeking up from behind the pillow he had used to muffle his sneezes Elias was pleased not to hear a blessing. Hopefully his pathetic stifles had gone unnoticed.

Elias sat on the bed inconspicuously wiping his nose with tissues while Zach was busy turning this way and that in front of the mirror making sure that his replica of a 1937 battle dress and Tommy helmet were fitted according to his history teacher’s instructions.

Elias noticed he was fumbling with the braces on his pocket belt and bit back a groan as he slowly pushed himself off the bed. He spent a second waiting for the room to stop spinning out of focus and went to help Zach with his uniform.

“Heh, thanks.” Zach smiled at him in the mirror as Elias adjusted his braces. “It must be weird huh? Seeing me in a replica of your uniform from…” He lowered his gaze reaching up to touch his chest in the same place Elias had the scar.

The angel swallowed painfully hoping his voice would sound normal.

“It's weird I'll admit.” He managed a small smile cocking an eyebrow at Zach. “But you would have made an adorable soldier.” He resisted a throat clear wincing at the pain mere speech caused him.

“Oh stop.” Zach blushed and shoved Elias playfully but quickly reached out to steady him as Elias once again lost his balance and closed his burning eyes to the spinning room. “Elias?” Zach's tone was worried. Elias bit back a groan and forced a small smile to reassure his ward.

“Fine. I'm fine. You just caught me off guard.” He coughed into his wrist wincing as his lungs constricted painfully in his chest.

“You sure you're okay? You don't look all that well. You're very flushed.” Zach moved closer, scrutinising the angel’s face. “And you look exhausted.” Guilt lined his features. “Did I keep you awake last night?”

“Oh no no.” He shrugged. “I mean; it wasn't exactly you so much as what you told me. I have to admit I didn't get much sleep.” He looked into those rain cloudy eyes he adored so much. “I kept thinking…” He lowered his voice to a whisper. Speaking was beginning to be quite painful. “… What if I hadn't?” Elias noticed Zach's eyes were as wet as his own felt.

Cool hands cupped his face and Elias had to pinch himself not to let out a sigh in pleasure at the coolness on his fevered skin.

“But you did.” Zach's convincing voice found a way through Elias’s pounding head. “And I'm eternally grateful.” Zach's thumbs wiped away the moisture that escaped his eyes but a frown quickly replaced Zach's encouraging smile. “Elias you're burning. Do you have a fever?”

Elias stepped back suddenly aware of their proximity and his body wrenching cold. “I, uh, I must have spent too long in the shower.” He forced another smile fighting back a shiver, from nerves or fever, he couldn’t quite tell. “I don't think warm water agrees with dead and angelically preserved bodies.”

Zach's face was unreadable, clearly not convinced and Elias prayed to his boss that whatever happened he would get through today in one piece.

~ ~ ~

Elias was eternally pleased that his seat in the auditorium wasn’t a front row seat but rather in the back with the other teachers. He nodded politely to Zach’s math teacher and history teacher as he eased down in the seat between them wanting nothing more than to close his eyes until the burning sensation behind them (and the re-enactment itself, to be perfectly honest) would end.

Unable to quench the itch he felt he cupped his mouth coughing harshly. He was only allowed one tine gasp of air before his lungs attacked him again trying with all their might to force air and unwanted particles from his body.

“You alright there, Elias?” one of Zach's professors a grey haired man Elias couldn't remember the name off had placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Fine, I'm fine.” His voice broke sending him into another fit of hacking coughs. He gratefully accepted the offered bottle of water taking a small sip. The cool water ran painfully down his sore throat making him wince and shiver.

He closed his eyes, feeling the excess fluids as his eyes tried to put out the fire he felt in them. To say he felt sore was an understatement. His entire body ached from the fever and he had to remind himself to open his eyes after every blink.

~ ~ ~

Elias sat through the first 15 minutes of the re-enactment constantly keeping his eyes on Zachariah. He paid attentive detail to every stance, every move, every word spoken to remove focus from his own miserable state. More than once the angel’s eyes had stayed shut for more than the split second it normally took him to blink and he opened them with a tiny gasp hoping his fellow teachers hadn't noticed.

Seeing his Zachariah in a soldier’s uniform as off stage sound effects of bombs and gunshots sounded in the auditorium meant the angel had to fight his instincts and try to calm himself. He closed his eyes chanting.

It's not real. It's not real. It's an act. It's not real.

The room was beginning the feel too hot for comfort. Elias had already shrugged out of his sweater and was discreetly wiping sweat from his brow.

After another 15 minutes, the angel could barely sit upright in his seat. The burning heat behind his eyes was making the room spin and after several very painful and ineffective throat clears he bend over coughing harshly into his fist. He swayed slightly coming back up. He tried to focus on Zachariah again but his chest ached painfully as he realised what was going on up on stage.

Oh Gods! Not that! Not that day! Not my Zachariah!

It's not real. It's not real. It's not real.

Zachariah stood in the centre facing another actor in a different uniform.

“He is not yours to take.”

Elias’s body jerked his core convulsing as he heard his ward exclaim his own last words.

It's not Zachariah. It's an act. it's not my Zachariah.

“He is an innocent.”

The words echoed through Elias’s pounding head. He closed his eyes against the images that flooded his inner eye. This couldn’t be happening. This wasn’t real. Not his Zachariah.

Please don't let this be real. Please let my Zachariah be alright.

“Let him be.”

Elias forced his eyes open, gaze locked on the plastic gun pointing directly at his ward’s chest. The image was so alien, so directly perverse Elias had to cling to his chair to prevent his body from leaving its seat to run to his ward’s aid.

It's not my Zachariah! It's not real! It CAN’T be real.

Please don't let it be real.

To further agitate the sick guardian, he noticed Zach discreetly wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. All Elias’s pointless fear came crashing down on him once more as he realised Zach must be reacting to the fact that he was “protecting” his own great grandfather as Elias had done and paid for with his life.

Elias clasped a hand to his chest, the other to his mouth to prevent any sounds of distress escaping him.

No! No no no!

Not my Zachariah! Please! Not my Zachariah!

The sound of the gunshot that followed sent the angel into a stage of shock. He knew the sound came from off stage, he knew the gun wasn’t real, and yet, the image of Zachariah reacting to the gunshot, falling in the exact way his stunt teacher had taught him, hitting the floor eyes starring empty up at Elias from his immobile state was more than the angel could take.

NO!

Elias was struck with horror, frozen in terror. The fire raked in his body worse than ever before. The sudden fear made him lightheaded and he felt his mind blanking, his body going cold and numb.

Involuntarily, his eyes darted from Zachariah's motionless body as dancing, black spots claimed his vision. He heard a few of the teacher’s shocked outburst as he tumbled forward, eyes fluttering shut as he gave in to the darkness. Despite the sudden buzz of commotion, teacher’s yelling orders, students gasping in surprise, the piercing cry across the room reached him clearer than any other voice could ever have.

“ELIAS!!”

TBC…

Edited by Juto

Knowing you are incapable of writing anything that would end unhappily, I am completely amused by the comments preceding mine.

I'm fully aware of this too...but I still had to yell it.

Wow, Juto... somehow I felt while reading this chapter as if the first half was especially written for me - so much fever-hotness. You can't imagine how it crawled all over my skin and until deep into my stomach. :eek:

Concerning the dramatic end, I echo scw and hope for a lot of sweet care-taking in the next chapter. :blushsmiley:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I posted my cast list on Heathcliffs interesting topic about which actors would play your OCs, so if you want to know who I see as Zachariah and Elias, check it out here

http://www.sneezefetishforum.org/index.php?showtopic=65267&hl=

If not, as you were ;)

HOW DARE YOU!

Audeamus - let us dare ;)

A little something CJ taught me ;) figured it would make the inevitable fluffy care taking make-up all the more sweeter... Though, sorry, you may have to wait a bit.

QUQFoy;4g3reaifjlsahfiawljsvAAAAA

Oh I quite agree! Couldn't have said it better myself. ;) don't worry, to copy Kaze's explanation, all will be resolved.

HOW COULD YOU!?

Well, I had some pretty good drawn angelical misery to live up to didn't I? ;)

I take it I succeeded? :lol:

Knowing you are incapable of writing anything that would end unhappily, I am completely amused by the comments preceding mine. :D

Marvelous chapter depicting Elias's worsening illness and growing anxiety. I could really feel his building panic. That was awesome! Then to leave us hanging like that at the end was fabulous. But I expect that the drop is going to be cushioned by an amazing amount of fluff. Bring on the fluff! Your fans demand massive piles fluff after that update. :)

Hehehe I laughed too when I read it :lol: aaaaaaaaaall will be resolved ;) though, Uhm, you may have to wait a bit ;)

Zach's quite the little hot head and, well, Elias did lie to him and has now unintentionally put himself and his entire contractual guardianship on the line. Zach ain't happy ;) fluff will have to wait... But fear not. It is I, Juto of Beerpiece, infamous farm pirate, often seen with a pitchfork, running amok, screaming about bursted feels and broken hearts at the slightest notion of an unhappy ending. ;)

Knowing you are incapable of writing anything that would end unhappily, I am completely amused by the comments preceding mine.

I'm fully aware of this too...but I still had to yell it.
Hehehehehe

Wow, Juto... somehow I felt while reading this chapter as if the first half was especially written for me - so much fever-hotness. You can't imagine how it crawled all over my skin and until deep into my stomach. :eek:

Concerning the dramatic end, I echo scw and hope for a lot of sweet care-taking in the next chapter. :blushsmiley:

Well, to be perfectly honest, no. It was already written before I posted the last part, BUT, after reading your amazing comment I may have added I tiny line or two about the state of my poor angel and his fever :blush: I'm glad you liked it :)

Hehe I echo myself... All in good time ;)

Sooooooo the next 4 parts have been written since August :blush: just awaiting their turn in the story. They will need a bit of tweaking but I plan to upload them over the next week or two :D

Thank you so so so much for all your comments and stay tuned!

Edited by Juto of Beerpiece

AHHHHHH MY HEART MY POOR ACHING HEART!

*hugs a pillow and mumbles through broken sobs*

I'M GOING TO HAVE THIS WRITTEN ON THE WALL NEXT TO MY BED SO I CAN BUILDUP A IMMUNITY TO IT BECAUSE ITS SO GOOD BUT I DON'T WANT TO DIE EVERY TIME I READ IT.

JUTOOOO!

(Btw your name autocorrects to 'but lollipop opioid' XD)

*looks at own Art of sick Elias*

Yup! Very nice.

:D I'm happy you think so :D

AHHHHHH MY HEART MY POOR ACHING HEART!

*hugs a pillow and mumbles through broken sobs*

I'M GOING TO HAVE THIS WRITTEN ON THE WALL NEXT TO MY BED SO I CAN BUILDUP A IMMUNITY TO IT BECAUSE ITS SO GOOD BUT I DON'T WANT TO DIE EVERY TIME I READ IT.

JUTOOOO!

:blush: uhm... :whistle:

sorry :)

:P

hahahahahah

*stores autocorrected name in secret folder for later use* if I ever get my own membership title, I'm so claiming that!! :lol:

@Kaze She's good at yanking on our heartstrings, isn't our Juto?

She is...though I'm not one to talk....

I knew it was coming but that didn't make it any less heartbreaking! :lol: Awwwwh poor Elias, now Zach's going to be freaking out... You just had to be a tough angel, didn't you *wags finger scoldingly*

That's hysterical! They actually make opioid lollipops. Fentanyl lollipops.

@Kaze :D She's good at yanking on our heartstrings, isn't our Juto?

Hehehehehehehe well, i'm so claiming that!! Adding a cherry flavour for good measure ;)

Seeking Clarity + Wisdom, on 25 Jan 2016 - 6:51 PM, said:

@Kaze She's good at yanking on our heartstrings, isn't our Juto?

She is...though I'm not one to talk....

Certainly not! The two of you just encourage each other shamelessly! No pity, either of you for the poor hearts of your followers.

Kaze, you should be forever shushed for the amount of broken hearts you've caused in camp Libriel!! ;)

We encourage each other? *side eyes mansion mate* yeaaaaah we do :lol:

I knew it was coming but that didn't make it any less heartbreaking! :lol: Awwwwh poor Elias, now Zach's going to be freaking out... You just had to be a tough angel, didn't you *wags finger scoldingly*

UHhhh you bet Zach's freaking out!! Time for some major scolding, followed by fluffiness ;)