Sneeze Fetish Forum

Guardian Angel (original fiction, M/M)

Juto

Next part :D

Thank you so much to each and every one of you awesome readers and a special Juto-hug to my hilarious commenters :lol::hug:

Part 61 – Sound the alarm

Elias was vaguely aware that at some point his head must have hit the floor and as it did, a bomb exploded close enough to him to make his ears ring from the blast. He found himself on his back as flames from the explosion painted the air above him a bright orange. He felt the burns on his face and his eyes as the heat of the flames licked his skin.

People went frantic around him, some were running away from him, some towards him. He forced his eyes fully open and took in the sky above him. Why was it so dusty? The sky wasn't blue, but grey as if a massive layer of concrete dust was blocking out the sun.

He slowly took in what he could see out the corner of his eyes. To his right, lifeless bodies dressed in camouflaged uniforms were strewn across what seemed to be a final resting place for bricks and concrete. To his left people were running, screaming.

He became suddenly aware that he was being touched. Invisible hands patted his head, shook his shoulder and pinched his earlobe and collarbone. It hurt, but not enough for him to react. The bricks and concrete underneath him felt oddly soft and his skin still felt insanely hot and alive from the blast but he was unable to move.

To his right, a slim figure caught his eye as it moved towards him. Coming closer, Elias realised it was a man, dressed in a soldier’s uniform and a Tommy helmet.

“Move! MOVE!” The man screamed at the dead bodies and in the next second, the man was on his knees next to Elias and was shaking him with enough force to make Elias’s head dizzy, but still he couldn't make his limbs move.

~ ~ ~

Zachariah, who had managed to catch Elias’s eye from his “death bed” on the stage, had immediately noticed something was wrong when Elias’s eyes had darted from him, to the window, to the ceiling and back up to him before showing whites as the guardian tumbled to the floor. In a second, Zachariah was on his feet and rushed to his guardians’s side. The nearby teachers had crouched down beside him to get an assessment of his condition and two of them had pulled out their phones to, Zach realised to his great fear, call for an ambulance.

“Move! MOVE!”

He shoved the teachers away and fell to his knees next to his unconscious angel. He shook his shoulders forcefully, praying it would be enough to rouse him, but he showed no reaction.

Zach panicked. Whatever was wrong with Elias couldn't possibly be good, but NOTHING could be worse than for the ambulance team to arrive and conclude that the unconscious sub teacher had no heartbeat! In a split second, Zachariah lived a hundred different scenarios in his head in which Elias would be taken away from him; hospital, research facility, mental institution, experiment centre, Area 51, it didn't matter! If they discovered he was already dead, he was doomed!

Please Elias, wake up and be alright! Please please please!

Zach felt tears of sheer panic trickle down his cheeks. This couldn't possibly be happening! Elias was still unresponsive and several of his professors were now dialing.

Shit!

~ ~ ~

Elias wanted to act on the pleading in the man's eyes, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't make his muscles listen to his commands. Did he know the man? He thought so, but the insisting burning behind his eyes obstructed his view, blurring the fine characteristics of the man's face. His ears were still ringing from the blast and despite laying completely still he felt dizzy and disorientated. The heat was relentless and he felt his eyes tearing up in a feeble attempt to put out the fire in his head.

~ ~ ~

“Professor, please, don't call an ambulance. He's fine, he's absolutely fine.” Zach lied through his teeth, hoping that his teacher would believe him despite his shaky voice and the trails of tears on his cheeks. He turned his head towards his other teacher and gave him a pleasing look. “Please, he hates doctors and hospitals. He has a… Condition!” Zach's mind was frantic as he tried to come up with ANYTHING that could make his teachers hang up their phones. “This has happened before. He'll wake up in a minute. Please don't call an ambulance.”

Please wake up now, please please please! Don't let them take you away from me! WAKE UP!

“Emergency services, how may I help you?” Zach froze as he heard the female voice on speaker. His history teacher spoke in a slightly shaken but clear voice.

“Yes hello, we need an ambulance. We have an unconscious and unresponsive man, in his early 20's with a very high fever…”

Zach screamed internally as his professor provided the necessary information and location. What was he going to do?

~ ~ ~

Elias listened intently as a voice he recognised from somewhere talked to no one in particular. Did he have a condition? He didn't think so. Had this happened before? He couldn't remember. The pleading eyes were back with a look so insistent and desperate that it made Elias’s chest ache. The man took his hand in his own and brought it to his lips, feverishly clenching it while silent tears ran down from his eyes and the man started rocking back and forth. Elias wanted nothing more than to reach out to him, to comfort him. If he mustered all his will maybe… He … Could …”

~ ~ ~

Zach let out a heavily audible, surprised and very relieved gasp as Elias’s fingers twitched in his hand. He looked down at his face and noticed his eyelids fluttering. He turned his attention towards his teachers. “He's coming back around, please hang up the phone. He really doesn't need an ambulance.”

“No Zach, he was unconscious for several minutes. He needs to be thoroughly looked at by a doctor.”

Zach shook with barely contained panic! He had to think of something. Maybe he and Elias could get out of there before the ambulance arrived?

“Elias? Elias, Please, wake up. Open your eyes, angel.” Zach was only vaguely aware that he was using his private term of endearment for his guardian in the presence of everyone, but right now, he couldn't really care less. Zach continued to hold his hand tight while using the other to stroke Elias’s cheeks, his hair, his shoulder, anything really that could trigger any movement.

Elias’s eyes slowly fluttered open and he focused sleepily on Zachariah.

“Hi angel.” Zach whispered affectionately, cupping the side of Elias’s face with his free hand, while his tears dripped from his eyes and landed on Elias’s cheeks. “How do you feel?”

Elias drew in a couple of shaky breaths through his mouth and his eyelids fluttered shut again. Zach thought he was about to speak when he suddenly turned to the side and brought up his arm to unsuccessfully cover his mouth and nose.

“Eh’itschuh! Ehhschiew! Hh… He’eeschoo!”

“Bless you, angel.” Zachariah squirmed closer to him and started stroking his back wincing at the cold sweat that moistened the guardian’s shirt. He bent low to whisper in his ear. “Elias, we have to get out of here. An ambulance is on the way and there's no way we can let them take a closer look at you.”

Confusion formed in Elias’s unfocused eyes but he grabbed onto Zach's arms, feebly attempting to pull himself up to a sitting position. Zach pulled with him until several of his teachers intervened and pushed Elias back down.

“Stay down Elias, the ambulance will be here soon.”

Zach felt the urge to scream again. What the HELL was he going to do? His heart was running a marathon, dreading what would happen when the ambulance arrived. Elias gave an exhausted whimper before caving in on himself, his body shivering from the lack of energy it was about to use against his will.

“He’Ngtxschjuh! H’empftschjuh!”

Zach shifted so he could lie down next to Elias, gratefully accepting the sweater Elias had taken off from one of his teachers and draped it over his shivering guardian. He pulled Elias close, shielding him form the prying students and nosy teachers. “Bless you, angel. It's just you and me. You're gonna be fine. I'll be with you the whole time. I promise.”

Without a second thought he leaned closer and sealed his promise with a tender kiss. Elias’s hot and dry lips responded immediately despite the angel’s exhaustion and Zach was grateful to feel voluntary and conscious movement that wasn’t caused by sneezing.

“You’re gonna be alright, angel.” Another promise sealed with the meeting of lips.

I need you to be alright, angel!

Zach became aware of the far away sirens, signalling the approaching ambulance, but he didn't pull back before his history teacher coughed uncomfortably. Pulling away from burning lips and exhausted sapphire eyes he looked up to see 2 sturdy men and a lanky paramedic, staring down at them.

~ ~ ~

They were alone in the great hall. The other students and teachers had reluctantly left the room to give Elias, Zachariah (who had made a scene as Simon had tried to lead him out too) and the ambulance team some peace and quiet.

Zach had watched with feverish anxiety and nerves so tense his entire body was shaking as the paramedic had taken Elias’s temperature, looked in his eyes, ears and throat and measured his reflexes.

“Well, everything so far points towards a severe case of sinus infection, bordering on pneumonia, but with proper rest, medicine and fluids, you should be able to avoid that.”

Zach spotted an opportune moment. It was now or never. He gaped at the medic, eyes as wide as they could possibly be, chin slightly trembling. “So he's gonna be alright?”

“Of course, son, after some fluids, some fever reducer and a good night’s sleep, your boyfriend should be good as new, though still with a cold from hell.” He flashed Zach a reassuring smile before turning towards Elias again. “Now we're just going to measure your pulse to see-“ the medic stopped abruptly.

Wailing shamelessly, Zachariah had thrown himself at Elias, effectively blocking his arms from the nosy paramedic. He pulled Elias arms tighter against his chest, unwilling to let the paramedic anywhere near them.

Elias’s hoarse voice was barely audible over his wails, but Zach couldn't let go now, it still wasn't safe. He felt Elias’s hand squirm up to nuzzle his hair and cup his neck as he spoke to the paramedic.

“Honestly, I'm a lot better now. I realły just want to go home and reassure a certain someone…” Elias looked briefly down at Zachariah. “… That everything’s fine now.” The paramedic offered Elias a sympathetic smile before he also glanced down at Zachariah. He shook his head.

“Sorry son, it's procedure. Can't have you tumbling to the floor minutes after we leave. If you'll just give me your arm then -“

“YOU SAID HE WAS FINE!” Zach had had enough now. There was no way that paramedic was getting one step closer to measuring Elias’s nonexistent pulse. He kicked his wailing up a notch, making it even more high pitched. He didn't need to do anything about the tears; those came freely in a steady stream. “IF YOU STILL WANT TO TOUCH HIM, THEN HE’S OBVIOUSLY NOT FINE!” He wrapped himself around Elias’s body, securely placing the guardian’s arms against his chest. “YOU SAID HE WAS FINE! LET HIM BE!”

Elias gave the paramedic a pleading look. “Please, I feel a lot better. I'll promise to call if things take a turn for the worse.”

The paramedic gave him a sceptical look, narrowing his eyes then turned his attention towards Zachariah who fought to keep the innocence (and not the fear and malice he felt bubbling up inside him) on his face.

“He needs bed rest, plenty of fluids and warm blankets and as much sleep as he can possibly get. Can you make sure he gets that?”

Zachariah mastered a convincing nod. Although his wails had abated, his breathing still came in short and raspy huffs. Elias gave him a comforting hug, smiling weakly at the paramedic. “Oh, he's a right little mother hen, this one. I assure you I will be properly looked after.”

The paramedic nodded in response before turning his head towards the rest of the ambulance team. “All right boys, load ‘em up.” He held up his hands defensively as Zach shot him a panicked look. “We're just giving you a ride home. Relax, son.”

~ ~ ~

In the ambulance, Elias continued to gently stroke the still shaken Zachariah. His head was pounding fiercely, his fever burned uncomfortably behind his eyes. He still felt lightheaded and more exhausted than ever before, but Zachariah was in distress, so his own condition could wait.

“Shh Zachariah, it's all right, my darling, you're fine. I'm here. There's no-“ Elias felt a sudden, hard shove push him away. Surprised he looked down into his ward’s face and his breath caught. Zachariah's normal rain cloudy eyes, deep and mesmerising were full of angry bolts of lightning. The tears were real, but so were the hard, angry lines in Zach's face.

“You idiot!” Even with his voice raspy from crying and so low it was barely more than a whisper, the hatred was undeniable. Elias was shocked. How could someone as sweet and innocent as his Zachariah speak with such bile? “You stupid, fucking idiot!”

TBC…

Edited by Juto
  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juto

• Arty

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• Kaze Wo Hiku

Alright... Without a heart beat - where should the fever come from? *lol* But - what does logic matter if it's such a fantastic fever? :blushsmiley: The descriptions almost stopped my own heartbeat for a while... May it burn on!

Poor Elias - how much I like your suffering. :heart:

What did I flipping say?!? "You're gonna get it, Elias" that's what I said and look what flipping happened?!?!? You are gonna get the BIGGEST scolding of your life (and then hopefully caretaking and snuggles because oh you poor angel you gotta be more careful and Zach loves you so much it'll be okay :heart:)

“You idiot!” Even with his voice raspy from crying and so low it was barely more than a whisper, the hatred was undeniable. Elias was shocked. How could someone as sweet and innocent as his Zachariah speak with such bile? “You stupid, fucking idiot!”

*Pops popcorn and waits*

Ooooo you've done it now Elias lookie lookie at this cookie

"You idiot!"

You done fucked up man you done fucked up

"You stupid, fucking idiot!"

*pulls out lawn chair and grabs popcorn cuz this gon' be good*

Also opioid lollipops? Bro I wondered who came up with the idea to make pain-killer lollipops (probably the same whack-ass who thought pot cookies were a good idea).

Also opioid lollipops? Bro I wondered who came up with the idea to make pain-killer lollipops (probably the same whack-ass who thought pot cookies were a good idea).
Selective Quote
MultiQuote

"Yo bro, you wanna joint?"

"Nah, man, I only take my weed in lollipop form."

I mean, if you're gonna do drugs... :lol:

Alright... Without a heart beat - where should the fever come from? *lol* But - what does logic matter if it's such a fantastic fever? :blushsmiley: The descriptions almost stopped my own heartbeat for a while... May it burn on!

Poor Elias - how much I like your suffering. :heart:

Hahaha true,.. I think it's one of those instances in life where you just shrug, shake your head and walk away whistling... Especially since we're dealing with an angelically persevered 94 year old :lol:

I'm glad you like the descriptions ;) I've recently discovered I quite like writing fevers... So..... :) heh.

What did I flipping say?!? "You're gonna get it, Elias" that's what I said and look what flipping happened?!?!? You are gonna get the BIGGEST scolding of your life (and then hopefully caretaking and snuggles because oh you poor angel you gotta be more careful and Zach loves you so much it'll be okay :heart:)

Oh god, I fear I have to apologise for Zach's behaviour in advance. He's a little hot head and is currently channeling all anger towards a certain "boyfriend" :blush:

I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA where sweet little Zachariah got such a raging temper from :blush::whistle:

*Pops popcorn and waits*

*snatches popcorn and frowns... Turns to Icy*

Yo, you dealing those lollipops? You got any cherry flavoured ones?

Selective Quote

MultiQuote

"Yo bro, you wanna joint?"

"Nah, man, I only take my weed in lollipop form."

I mean, if you're gonna do drugs... :lol:

You high-on-lollipop weirdos are hilarious :P:lol:

JUTO. JUTO. My heart. MY HEART. Stop. This is just so perfect. The way you wrote this is literally writing goals. Like you set it up so perfectly that Zach utters his own last words and suddenly he is back to the day he died, and in his feverish state he's thinks he's back in that place... JUST MY GOD ITS SO CLEVER AND I CAN'T EVEN.

Also Zach calling Elias angel just made me melt into a puddle of good. And Elias being delirious but sneezy.. mmm I love sick guradian angels. ALSO CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE END, LIKE NO ZACH CAN'T BE MAD AT ELIAS'S SELFLESSNESS. I seriously love this, and love your writing so much. Oh my god. Please update for my sanity. :lol:

*sits at grave eating what zombies eat with chocolate*

Oooooh...he gonna get it.

*crunch nom nom*

*walks over and joins kaze and scw*

"immediately steals some popcorn*

*offers gift of cookies*

*sits and waits impatiently for next installment.*

JUTO! YOU'RE SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUTO. JUTO. My heart. MY HEART. Stop. This is just so perfect. The way you wrote this is literally writing goals. Like you set it up so perfectly that Zach utters his own last words and suddenly he is back to the day he died, and in his feverish state he's thinks he's back in that place... JUST MY GOD ITS SO CLEVER AND I CAN'T EVEN.

Also Zach calling Elias angel just made me melt into a puddle of good. And Elias being delirious but sneezy.. mmm I love sick guradian angels. ALSO CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE END, LIKE NO ZACH CAN'T BE MAD AT ELIAS'S SELFLESSNESS. I seriously love this, and love your writing so much. Oh my god. Please update for my sanity. :lol:

Oh my gosh Melody, I... Wow... Thank you! Such praise. :bush:

So in order to save your sanity :lol: I thank you for your amazing comment and present you with the continuation

*sits at grave eating what zombies eat with chocolate*

Oooooh...he gonna get it.

*crunch nom nom*

Darn right, Zombie dear... Crunch nom nom? Mm, what are we having? Ugh, who cares, anything with chocolate :lol:

I really hope Zach takes it down a notch. Elias was an idiot, but he's pretty sick, so I think we have to give him a little slack. No one is completely coherent when they have a high fever and one's decision making is not up to par.

Mmmyeahno! I'm afraid I have to apologise on Zach's behalf for his behaviour :( my little hot head is not the best at keeping his fear and anxiety from turning to anger and blame. Fluff will come and soon, but not yet ;)

*walks over and joins kaze and scw*

"immediately steals some popcorn*

*offers gift of cookies*

*sits and waits impatiently for next installment.*

JUTO! YOU'RE SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO ARE YOU RACHIELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

But thank you so much, you're too kind, dear :heart:

And here it is...

As always... Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge amounts of THANK YOU'S to all readers. And a special place in my heart to all lovely commenters and my "behind the scenes"-crew. Hehe you know who you are ;) You all keep me going :heart:

Part 62 - Inconceivable

Zachariah had kept the lid on his anger long enough to keep the promise he had made to the ambulance team; to keep Elias warm and hydrated. The angel was bundled up in blankets on the bed, a steaming honeybrew in his hands and a bottle of water in his lap along with a full box of tissues. Zach, still afraid of what would happen if he actually gave an angel medicine, had opted for placing a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a kitchen towel on Elias’s head. Elias felt better than he had when he had come to on the cold floor in the school auditorium, but there was no denying he was sick. Every muscle in his body ached, his throat felt dry and scratchy and every cough or sneeze made him wince in pain. The fever was still threatening to burn him up from the inside, drying out the moistness in his eyes and mouth. He felt so pathetic, so terrible… So human!

Zachariah was frantically pacing back and forth in front of the bed, still in his uniform but with his helmet tossed angrily in the corner. Elias could practically feel the air coming to life with the electric energy from the tension his ward was giving off.

He wanted to ask Zach why he continued to remain so upset even now that they were both home and things were better, but he hadn't the nerve (nor the actual energy) to start what was obviously going to be an argument. He pinched his nose shut with a sigh, determined not to let the sound of his sneezing interrupt Zachariah's train of thought.

“He’Ngtxschjuh! Gn’chxt! H’empftschjuh!”

He kept his eyes pinched shut and his fingers clamped over his nose trying to shake the dizzy spell that had hit him with the sneezes. When he looked back up, blinking to get his burning eyes to focus he noticed Zachariah had stopped pacing and was watching him with a blank and unreadable expression on his face. He scoffed an annoyed “Really?”. Elias flinched, confused. What had he done exactly? Zach merely shook his head and continued his frantic pacing and frustrated sighing.

The minutes passed as Elias sat patiently waiting for was was obviously going to be the scolding of his afterlife. He rubbed at his eyes feeling the dryness caused by the fever. He blinked the room back into focus, wondering when Zachariah would move from pacing to scolding so they could eventually get to sleeping.

Twice, Zachariah had stopped his pacing abruptly, glaring at Elias with a look so full of disbelief and confusion before he had pulled his own hair, shaken his head and taken up pacing again confusion turning to hurt in his features. Elias followed him with his eyes, letting out the occasional muffled cough.

At one point, his breath had started hitching, announcing the upcoming of a sneeze, but Zachariah had sent him a look so daring and angry that Elias had immediately pinched his nose shut and painfully and silently stifled the sneeze. It had caused his head to spin worse than ever and his whole body had recoiled in pain. Zachariah had merely let out an annoyed huff of air and continued his frantic pacing while Elias had sniffled pathetically rubbing his sore brow and burning eyes.

Elias was at a loss. Was Zachariah really so angry that he had gotten sick? Was it because he couldn't perform his natural duties to satisfactory standards? Obviously he didn't feel his best but he could still assist Zachariah in his daily tasks. Although, simply collapsing in bed was the preferred scenario at this point. He groaned weakly as he felt his nose twitch, building up to a new eruption. He readied his fingers to pinch his nose, waiting for the sneeze to build. He tilted his head back slightly and tried to keep his hitching breaths to a minimum not to annoy Zachariah. The sneeze was building to an extreme height, threatening to explode from him at any minute. In the last possible second, Zach stepped up and slapped his fingers away, barely allowing Elias time to turn his head to the side, unable to stop the sneeze from escaping.

“Eh’hetschhieww!”

Full of shame, Elias turned a confused look at Zach who was still fuming, glaring angrily at him.

“Don't fucking make yourself pop a vein on top of EVERYTHING ELSE!”

“M’sorry.” As if to prove that he could in fact sneeze without erupting any internal arteries, his nose geared up for another round.

“H’etschoo! Hesch-shuh! Hh… Eh’hnxtschuh!-uhh!”

“Bless you!” There was no warmth in Zach's blessing, nothing but angry curtsy. Elias shuddered slightly.

“Thank you.” He mumbled, cheeks and ears still burning with shame. Or maybe it was just his fever. Did it really matter?

“You don't get it do you?” Elias looked up into the angriest rain clouds the sky had ever seen. He was afraid to shake his head. “You deliberately kept this from me?” Elias took a deep breath, building up his confidence. This, he at least knew the perfect answer to.

“Zachariah, I am your guardian. It's my job to assist you in anything you need. You were busy with school and I didn't want you to worry.”

Zach nodded frantically, incomprehension still plain in his face, apparently not accepting his explanation. “So you thought it was better to just hide it, lie to me, pretend everything was fine up till the point where you FUCKING PASSED OUT AND SCARED THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME?”

Elias flinched at the distressed current in Zach's voice. Of course he hadn't meant to become THAT sick, but surely Zach could understand why he…

“Did you even comprehend the severity of the situation?”

Elias frowned in confusion. Well, of course it had been dramatic but everything was all right now. “Zachariah I don’t-“

“YOU ARE DEAD FOR FUCK SAKE!” Zachariah screamed desperately in such a high pitch that Elias’s ears started to ring. “DON’T YOU REALISE WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF…”

Zach cut himself off hanging his head. He took a deep breath, obviously trying to get himself under control. When he spoke again his voice was lower, but still shaky with tension and suppressed anger. “Do you have any idea what would have happened if the paramedic had tried to measure your pulse? To listen to your lungs or your heartbeat? To take you with them to the hospital?”

That’s when it dawned on Elias. Finally, he understood why Zachariah had acted the way he had while the ambulance people had tried to get a read on his pulse, why he was so furious now. Realisation felt like his heart had turned into a heavy rock. He has screwed up, and he had screwed up big time! He had risked everything; his job, his title, even Zachariah! And for what? Because he had been too stubborn and proud to admit that he was sick. He had been the most irresponsible guardian in all the seven heavens. .

Zach seemed to understand that Elias had finally connected the dots. He took a few deep breaths and slowly loosened his hands that had been in tight fists ever since they had gotten out of the ambulance. One more deep breath and a small nod. He opened his mouth but closed it again immediately. Elias own eyes burned with unshed tears as he noticed Zachariah shiver, looking like he was fighting back his own tears. He opened his mouth again, but no sound came out. After about a minute Zach finally spoke. “Are you hungry?”

Elias scoffed, on the verge of tears. No, he wasn't hungry. He closed his eyes and hung his head. Fear and guilt had filled his stomach with a poison so vile it threatened to consume him. He replayed the scene in his head again, what he remembered after he had woken up, while he had talked to the doctor. Why hadn't he realised the gravity of the situation? It seemed clear as day now, what the hell had he been thinking?!

He raised his head, ready to break down and start apologising from this very minute until the end of time, but Zach was gone. Elias panicked for a brief moment before he heard the bustle of kitchenware.

He hated himself for his obvious stupidity! Hated himself for once again having succumbed to this pathetic human state of illness! Zachariah probably hated him too. The angel pinched his nose shut as a tickle warned another approaching sneeze. Changing his mind in the last second, he removed his fingers and grabbed a tissue instead.

“Eh’ischoo! Hh… H’etsschieww! Ehh…Ehtschoo!-uhh!” He blew his nose and tossed the tissue in the bin.

The “bless you” that was loud enough to travel up the stairs from the kitchen was strained, forced and without feeling.

Yep! There was the confirmation.

Moisture the same temperature as his still burning skin slowly trickled down his cheeks.

Zachariah hated him too.

~ ~ ~

Zachariah tried to get his temper under control as he waited for his toast to finish. He knew he had allowed his anger to escalate, he had overheated and had blamed his angel for EVERYTHING. Including getting sick in the first place. Anxiety and fear had quickly turned to anger and blame, and as quickly as his tears often came, so did his raging temper. He had left the room to cool off. He knew he would never be able to apologise while he was still angry, and he KNEW he had to apologise. Seeing Elias so miserable, so sick and so… Defeated by humanity tore at his heart.

His angel! Oh how he yearned to hold him, to stroke his back, his hair, his face. To do everything possible to remove him from his current state of misery. But he had to get his temper under control first or he would only make things worse, and, considering the fact that Elias, despite his current illness, was still acting guardian, there was no way he would let Zach nuzzle him.

He took his finished toast, created the most pathetically assembled cheese sandwich the world had ever seen and sat down. He chewed slowly, remembering to take deep, calming breaths in between bites.

Zachariah just hoped that when he got back up to his room Elias would be warm, hydrated and asleep. Neither of them had any leftover energy to continue the argument and hopefully, things would look brighter after a good night’s sleep. Not to mention, Elias would probably feel a lot less crap in the morning.

“T’sschieww! Hh… Eh’tisschoo!”

Zach took a deep breath before he called out a “bless you.” He had meant it to sound more comforting and less strained than the last he had offered, but leftover fear and resentment still made it sound harsh. He hoped Elias wouldn't be able to hear it.

Back up in his room he was surprised to find his bed made with new sheets and covers. There was no sign of Elias. Zachariah turned towards the bathroom in the hall as a sneeze followed by a productive sounding nose blow sounded.

Changing into his night wear, he looked up from his place on the bed as Elias shuffled back into the room, exhaustedly dragging his feet. Zachariah pulled the duvet aside and fluffed up the pillow next to him, making the angel’s side of the bed ready for him, but Elias shuffled past him, heading for the armchair in the corner of the room. Zach frowned as the guardian practically fell down into the chair, pulled his feet up and spread the blanket over his lower body.

Zach gave him a mocking look. “You can't be serious!”

Elias looked down and sniffled wetly, refusing to meet his gaze. Zach angrily rolled his eyes. “Fine, suit yourself! I'm sorry you’re sick and I'm sorry you feel horrible and I should be happy that things are not worse than they are but I just can't deal with you being stubborn and over-protective right now. Elias, please.” Zach’s voice still sounded angrier than he felt as he pleaded with his angel, fighting back tears once more. He continued to look at Elias, but the guardian's eyes remained down cast and his position didn't change.

“Fine!” Zach threw his arms up, signalling defeat as he swiftly wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. “Get some sleep Elias.” With that he switched off the lights and settled into the cold and empty bed.

“Hn’gktch!-uhh! Hh… Ehh… Eh’hempftschiew!”

No! He wouldn't bless him, not this time. Apparently he couldn't even do that right. Things would be better in the morning when they had both rested and cooled off and Zach would offer Elias his apology.

TBC…

Ohhh no I have a bad feeling about this... You should've told him before you slept, Zach, this is going to end horribly! He's your guardian, you love him, it'll be fine, I'm crying :cry:

(Amazing as always, Juto! Heartbreaking, yes... But still amazing!)

.....I'll just be over here in the corner...slowly sinking into a pool of feels....waiting for more.....

You're making me feel every emotion at once

Please save me

(But seriously, your updates are the best thing to read)

NO PLEASE MAKE THIS BETTER SOON I CAN'T TAKE THIS KIND OF ANGST I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU ANGST WRITERS!!!!

PLEASE JUTO I'M DYING

The sneeze was building to an extreme height, threatening to explode from him at any minute. In the last possible second, Zach stepped up and slapped his fingers away, barely allowing Elias time to turn his head to the side, unable to stop the sneeze from escaping.

Ehhetschhieww!

Full of shame, Elias turned a confused look at Zach who was still fuming, glaring angrily at him.

Don't fucking make yourself pop a vein on top of EVERYTHING ELSE!

Oh, yeah, here it comes. And I don't mean Elias's sneezing. (Though that's really nice.)

It's my job to assist you in anything you need. You were busy with school and I didn't want you to worry.

Zach nodded frantically, incomprehension still plain in his face, apparently not accepting his explanation. So you thought it was better to just hide it, lie to me, pretend everything was fine up till the point where you FUCKING PASSED OUT AND SCARED THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME?

Oh, there it is. Zach is full out pissed. Duck Elias, incoming...

YOU ARE DEAD FOR FUCK SAKE! Zachariah screamed desperately in such a high pitch that Eliass ears started to ring. DONT YOU REALISE WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF

Boom!

Well, can we get to making up part now? Please. We are almost out of popcorn and I don't want to get up and make more. I might miss something.

kaze wo hiku

Posted Yesterday, 05:56 PM

STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!!

Umm...Kaze, I don't think she will unless we get her better toys.

Ohhh no I have a bad feeling about this... You should've told him before you slept, Zach, this is going to end horribly! He's your guardian, you love him, it'll be fine, I'm crying :cry:

(Amazing as always, Juto! Heartbreaking, yes... But still amazing!)

:hug: don't worry... It's me! Happy ending is inevitable :P

STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!!

After what you put me through during MC and now FoN? Hehe forget it! :P you too must sufffeeeeeeerrrr!!!

.....I'll just be over here in the corner...slowly sinking into a pool of feels....waiting for more.....

Sawwy :lol: you don't have to wait that long.

You're making me feel every emotion at once

Please save me

(But seriously, your updates are the best thing to read)

Aww thank you. More shortly.

*cries in a corner*

:hug: hehe sorry ;)

NO PLEASE MAKE THIS BETTER SOON I CAN'T TAKE THIS KIND OF ANGST I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU ANGST WRITERS!!!!

PLEASE JUTO I'M DYING

But angst is the key to the fluffiest of makeup fluff...

Well, can we get to making up part now? Please. We are almost out of popcorn and I don't want to get up and make more. I might miss something.

Hehehe it's coming it's coming... Soon :P

JUTO

NO

STOP

WHY

I mean, I know things will be okay eventually, but

STAHPPLEASENO

:blush::whistle:

Aaaaaaaaalmost fluff-time... Though not quite yet ;)

Part 63 - The Fort

Zach held back another sigh as he handed his sniffling angel yet another thick book from his shelf. Elias reached out for it, holding his breath, careful not to let his and Zach's fingers touch. Zach eyed the wall of books that Elias had… Uhh, build? On the floor in the corner of his room. “Wall” was perhaps an overstatement, it was more like small stacks of books, perfectly cutting off the corner of the room.

Elias bundled himself up in the armchair that was the only piece of furniture in his…. Fort? Yeah, “fort of contamination”. Zachariah looked his graceless angel over. Elias looked miserable, utterly, completely miserable. His nose was chapped and cherry red, a deep contrast to his chalky and sickly looking skin and dull, moist eyes. Zach knew for a fact that Elias hasn't slept a wink since their argument last night. Neither had he. Leftover resentment and the fear of “what could have happened” had kept him awake. He had endured endless hours of Elias’s stifled sneezes and muffled coughs from his chair in the corner, but pride and stubbornness had kept Zach from saying anything. He had spent most of the day trying to make up for it, but Elias had refused any form of assistance or caretaking, except when he had needed more books to complete his fort.

He sighed again as Elias fished around in the folds of the blanket for an unused tissue to be on standby. “Elias, this is stupid. There is no way you'll be comfortable there another night.”

“Snf! I’m fine!” Zach winced at the thick congestion in his angel’s voice.

“Yeah, you sound it.” Despite his hopes, Elias didn't sound even remotely better than the day before, quite the contrary in fact. The graceless angel’s voice now had a constant congested sound to it, blurring out some of the words. “ Please just take the bed, I'll stay out of it if you want me to, just take it. Please.”

“No!”

Zach gritted his teeth. He was stubborn, but it was nothing compared to his guardian.

“Zachariah, it's a miracle you haven't caught this yet and I'm not taking any more chances. I'm staying here for the duration of this… Pathetic sta-hh-ate…hh… Hep-schoo!”

Elias had caught the sneezes in his standby tissue and kept his mouth and nose buried in it as he let out a rasping cough that made Zachariah cringe.

“Bless you. At least let me warm up some honeybrew for you. That cough sounds terrible.”

“No thanks, I’m fine. Don't trouble yourself, please.” He buried his nose in the soggy tissue once again.

“Hheh…he-schoo! Snf! He’mptschoo!”

Zachariah attempted a sympathetic smile as he tried again. “Bless you. Would you drink it if I made you one anyway?” Their eyes met, and Zach read the answer straight out of Elias’s glassy, blue and sleep deprived eyes. He nodded, finally feeling like he could be useful. “I'll be right back.”

Down in the kitchen, Zach let his mask slip. Their argument and the sleepless night that followed had taken it’s toll on him. He had been angry, of course he had, but fear and concern had tipped him over the edge. He should have apologised, but he hadn't and now… Now he didn't know what to do. It hurt him, physically, mentally hurt him to see his friend and guardian so depleted and miserable. Zach knew if their roles had been reversed, Elias would have done everything he could to make Zachariah more comfortable. But even sick, Elias still maintained his guardianship, making it extremely difficult for Zachariah to be allowed to reciprocate in any way.

He poured the now steaming liquid into a giant mug and took a couple of deep breaths to compose himself before he went back upstairs.

Steaming honeybrew in hand, Zach stood before the nonexistent gates to the fort. He fought to keep his expression blank, to not let his worry and his guilt show as his guardian's nose was once again buried deep in a tissue.

“Heh-ESChoo! Hhe… Eh’tsxhuh! Snf! Ugh!”

“Bless you. Is there a secret code word to this thing?” He asked nudging the gate-looking stack of books with his foot. “Open sesame?”

“No Zachariah, the main point is thad you stay on that side.”

No affection in those congestedly spoken words, no appreciation. Nothing but agony and misery. It left Zach to solely believe that his guardian wanted nothing more than for him to stay the hell away. He swallowed against the tightness in his throat, his sadness was threatening to break through.

Keep it together, Zach! Don’t let him see. It will only make things worse. “I see. So I'll just leave it here, shall I?”

“Please!”

Zach nodded compliantly and as he bent down to place the mug on the top book of the ford he saw Elias double over out the corner of his eyes. Several tissues were shielding the guardian's face from view as he let out another flurry of harsh and tired sounding sneezes.

“Snf! Hih… He-ESHshoo! He’tischoo! Tishoo! Ahh hehh… He-Epshoo!”

This time the fit was followed by an even deeper sounding cough. Zach curled his toes in response as he felt his own throat clench in sympathy.

He could easily walk over the book fort and wrap his arms around his sick angel, but he didn't. He should have noticed the first signs of illness days ago, but he hadn't. He should not have let his temper get the better of him yesterday, but he had. He was unfair… And he was undeserving!

“I'm sorry” he whispered, but his words were drowned in another round of sneezes and a following hollow cough. With a resolute sigh, he lifted his foot, meaning to step over the meagre fort wall and drag (by force if it came to that) his cold-ridden guardian to his warm and comfortable bed.

Mid-cough, Elias held up his hand. The stern look he sent Zach while the coughs ripped through him was unmistakeable.

DO NOT COME CLOSER!

Zach swallowed back the argument on his tongue. Elias was in no shape for any type of argument that would keep him from getting some decent sleep tonight. Zach nodded, and tried to ignore the sting in his eyes and the imaginary punch in his stomach. “Try and get some sleep, okay?”. His voice was shaking, but Elias was probably too preoccupied to notice.

To the sounds of his guardian's misery, Zach switched off the lights and settled for another night of painful and guilt filled wakefulness… And he deserved every single second of it.

TBC…

*crawls into Grave and stays there eating her sorrows for these two away*

*lip quivers dangerously*

*tears threaten to overflow*

*begins over the top SOBBING!!!!!*

No, but seriously, this was adorable! And so sad! But so sweet! And hhnnnggg....I WANT TO HUG THEM BOTH!