• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SleepingPhlox

• Chanel_no5

• Melody

• SneezyHolmes

True, though nowadays I don’t make nearly as much use of it as I ought to.

The person below me reads more (whether it be by preference, habit, or external demands) non-fiction than fiction.

False. Though I have been reading The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck near religiously as of late, I found myself reading comics, manga, and even children's books from my childhood(for nostagia's sake)

The person below me wants to write a book

True. Damn straight it's true. Cool air, changing leaves, excuses to drink hot chocolate BEFORE winter, and cheesy but beloved Halloween special movies. It's my favorite season

The person below me has never actually tried pumpkin spice anything?

True-ish.  It would be false but the thing is that if you don't make your peace with the rain around here, you're just gonna be really unhappy a lot of the time. It RAINS. So, it's not my favourite, but I'm not going to waste my precious brain space feeling negative about it. :laugh:

The person below me enjoys watching live theater.

False. TBH I haven't seen anything on a stage since high school. And the closest I get to that now is going to the movie theatre. And even THAT I haven't been to since Covid started(and since they got rid of the pinball machines in the lobby....jerks) Plus I don't think I wanna be in a place having to sit quietly, packed in and surrounded by other people I don't know. The movie theatre is a step up from that because there are usually enough open seats for me to have enough comfortable space. 

The person below me prefers western comics to manga, or vice versa.

False. I don’t really consume much of either (I’ve always found combining text with graphics to be rather irritating, as mentally going from one to the other is feels like doubling the resistance of a wire or something), so I don’t prefer one over the other.

The person below me has difficulty finding shoes or clothing that fit well.

fuck yes. i'm barely over five feet, have massive boobs, a smaller waist and a huge ass to be frank 🤣 finding anything that fits me properly is an act of god. 🤣🤣 it is actually extremly irratiating. i'd make all my own clothes if I coluld. pants will be too long, long sleeves will be too long, something will fit me around my waist but snug on my chest like omg. if clothes fit you properly you are lucky. 🫠

anywayyy 😅

the person below me likes mint chocolate chip ice cream

Edited by Melody

False. Now to be fair, I've never actually tried the flavor, but I HAVE made the mistake of eating chocolate after brushing my teeth as a kid.....which tasted SO NASTY! So I'm a firm believer that if you're going to eat something that tastes like the combination of mint and chocolate then you may as well just eat chocolate after brushing my teeth!

The person below me openly cries at movies

True, but I wish it wasn't.  I cry at sad bits, I cry at happy bits, I especially cry when characters express love or make up after a fight, I have even been known to cry when I think some really colourful bit looks cool.  It's really embarrassing when watching movies with other people around, I don't want attention brought to it, don't ask me if I'm okay, I'm fine, I just need to experience catharsis out the wazoo from time to time apparently. :laugh:

The person below me has a favourite dinosaur.

True? I like a good stegosaurus. Or pterodactyl. I appreciate them all. My lil cousin is a big fan of dinos.

The person below me loves stickers.

True! I like stickers, though I haven’t dabbled in them much lately. Do online stickers count?

The person below me loves soup (any kind) and not just when sick.

6 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

True, but I wish it wasn't.  I cry at sad bits, I cry at happy bits, I especially cry when characters express love or make up after a fight, I have even been known to cry when I think some really colourful bit looks cool.  It's really embarrassing when watching movies with other people around, I don't want attention brought to it, don't ask me if I'm okay, I'm fine, I just need to experience catharsis out the wazoo from time to time apparently. :laugh:.

First. Don't be ashamed, it's a good thing that you've retained enough of your emotional stability to be able to cry openly. I've lost that and it REALLY sucks to just see things that you KNOW you find moving, but can't let yourself FEEL that way enough to express it. Frankly I think people who can cry cathartically are lucky....because I can't seem to do that myself anymore.

Second....True. I LOVE soup. Especially hot soup on a cold day. I've actually gotten into eating cans of Chunky soup a lot more as of late.

Third, The person below me likes to use words from other languages alongside their native language just because they like the way those words sound.

True! But to be fair, it's mostly because I easily lose my words and they sometimes come easier in another language.

The person below me cannot sleep unless they're in complete darkness.

True...i make resin products and the waiting game of it fully hardening actually helps.

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

The person below me made or ate something really good.

True, I made and ate an amazing and simple arugula salad with cherry tomatoes, red onions, pine nuts, balsamic vinegar, with salt and pepper as seasonings.

The person below me devoted time to a hobby.

On 9/24/2023 at 9:33 PM, LastCarpet said:

First. Don't be ashamed, it's a good thing that you've retained enough of your emotional stability to be able to cry openly. I've lost that and it REALLY sucks to just see things that you KNOW you find moving, but can't let yourself FEEL that way enough to express it. Frankly I think people who can cry cathartically are lucky....because I can't seem to do that myself anymore.

Yo, thanks for this.  I am usually embarassed being the person who ends up in tears the moment I'm the slightest bit moved, and this was nice to hear.

Now:

True! It's really important to me to make sure I make time for the stuff that brings me joy, so I actually...schedule hobby time in the evenings.  And also on my lunch break. But doing that stuff makes me feel good, and having a list makes me make sure I do things, so. Y'know.  :laugh: 

The person below me likes taking pictures (with a fancy camera, with your phone, whatever!)

True. I mean I do it rarely, but I do LIKE to do it with my phone. If it's something odd or slightly strange I'll take a picture.
A spiderweb with dewdrops hanging from it, a stray cat sleeping in an odd place, a strangely colored sunrise or sunset, a wild rabbit peeking his head out of a bush. Or some classic things like Christmas or Halloween decorated houses. Just something I can look back at that I find enjoyable.

The person below me writes short stories that they don't share with anyone

Both true and false? I definitely share some of them, but I’ve accumulated a bunch that haven’t seen the light of day.

The person below me prefers pancakes to waffles.

True. Never experienced it before, dunno if I ever will. Maybe so....

The person below me has a particular sound that irritates them to no end. Whenever they hear it, it IMMEDIATELY breaks their concentration on what they were just doing.

True, the clacking of long fake nails. I will never understand the appeal of those nails.

The person below has rewatched a particular show or movie in the past month.

True. The truest truth that ever truthed. I've been on a rewatching old favourites kick and it's a lot of fun.  Currently on a watch through of Adventure Time.

The person below me has a comfort show or movie they turn to when they need to.