Sneeze Fetish Forum

Top Gun (Mav x ice)

RemedyBane

On 6/1/2023 at 11:55 PM, Mygyn said:

Thanks for the update 😭 it’s been an awful week this week so I really needed a ice/Mav/sly story 😭 

I'm so sorry you had such an awful week! I hope this week is better! XOXOXOXO 

On 6/3/2023 at 9:49 PM, Wolfwings22 said:

This was so so so adorable! I loved Mav and Slider finding out that Ice isn’t allergic to roses and trying out all the flowers wasn’t something I knew that I needed to read, and now that I have, I can’t get enough of it! As always these updates brighten my day in a way I can’t describe. I see you update and for the next hour or so I just read it over and over. Definitely can’t wait for more! Thank you so much for still writing these!

I've always loved the idea for a fic were a character who's allergic gets sent flowers. I can rarely find ones of the fandoms I'm in so I decided to do it myself.  XOXO I am so happy you love my stories. I always feel such a warmth when I read everyone's comments and the bond I've had with you over Messenger is really lovely. XOXO 

P.S I have no intention of ever stopping this thread. soo... Be ware!

Flowers Part 2: Lilies 

Slider rarely went on a walk alone, but today he was feeling really horny. Normally, he’d just wake one of the guys up with a blow job, but today he had an idea. It was probably a terrible idea, maybe even cruel, but he couldn’t stop himself. He walked to the farmers’ market a few streets down and went towards the fresh-cut flowers.

If Maverick wanted to play roulette with Ice’s allergies, he could too. He found a bouquet of lilies and roses. If the lilies end up making him sneeze, win for him, but the roses were already a thumbs up, so win for Ice too. There were also these flowers called “Gladiolus” which seemed like a safe flower. A small part of him wondered if he was a terrible boyfriend for this, but he was really hoping Ice was allergic to the lilies. He was already feeling warm just thinking about it.

Bouquet in hand, he walked back home, making it in half the time, eager to try out his new flowers. Thankfully, when he walked into the house, Ice was already up and reading peacefully in the armchair, waiting for Maverick to wake up to start breakfast.

“Good morning, handsome,” Slider showed him the bouquet from the door and smiled innocently.

“Hello,” Ice scrunched up his nose, “You too?”

“If you don’t want to-“

“I want to,” Ice put his book down and took off his glasses, “I’m a little stuffy this morning. Maybe those will help,” he sniffed lightly.

“I’m supposed to be teasing you,” Slider put the flowers on the counter and pulled out a single lily, one that looked like it had quite the pollen pool inside.

“I’ve got to get something out of this besides an allergy attack.”

“My blow jobs aren’t enough anymore?” Slider came over, purposefully keeping the flower away from Ice, even as he closed the distance.

Ice avoided the question, “Mav’s going to be upset you did this without him.”

“Now he’ll know how I feel,” Slider straddled Ice, giving him a soft kiss, “Daisies. Without me.”

“I was still itching,” Ice scrunched his nose up as Slider kissed it, “when you got..h’huuuh..home.”

“I haven’t even shown you the flower yet.”

“To’huuh..touched-“ Ice tried to hold back, but it was too strong, “Itschiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-cheiw-chiew-chiew!”

“Bless you,” Slider kissed Ice’s lips, “did you already have your little morning fit?”

“Yup,” Ice sniffed, “you missed it.”

Slider brought the flower closer, “Baby, this more than makes up for it.”

“You don’t even know if I’m… If I’ll,” Ice blushed, still hating the words ‘allergic’ and ‘sneeze’.

“If this doesn’t work,” Slider kissed his lips, “I know a list of things that will.”

“So, I’m not getting any peace today, then?”

“Ask me that again after I make you-“

Slider didn’t get to finish his sentence before Ice moved to the side, “tschiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew!”

“Bless you,” Slider kissed his cheek, “Where did those come from?”

Ice glared at the flower, “I think it’s working.”

“You haven’t even sniffed it yet,” Slider raised a brow.

“I’m itchy-“ Ice put his fingers under his nose, trying to stop the tickle from rising, “Oh..huh’Atschiew!”

“Bless you,” Slider chuckled, kissing his forehead, “that’s a big one.”

“Definitely Aller’hiih-“ Ice turned away again, pinching his nose and stifling a fit of six before sighing, “shit.”

Slider moaned slightly as he felt the heat pool down below, “Babe.”

Ice sat up and looked at the flower before thinking ‘fuck it’ and took it from Ice, giving it a big sniff, before his eyes closed on their own and he was suddenly sneezing into Slider’s chest, “ah’schuh..aschuh-ahschuh!” They were much stronger than he was used to, making them sound foreign to his own ears, “Hah’Schiew! Schiew! Schiew! Schiew! Hiih’ Ah!Cshiew!”

Slider moaned as he pulled Ice closer, allowing the smaller man to press his nose into his chest, “Let me have it, baby.”

“Huuh-SChiew-schiew-sdchiew-schew-schew-sdchiew-schiew-scdhiew-dschew-dshew-dschew” They were starting to get messy, leaving a trail of snot along Slider’s chest, “Huh’tdsch-tdsch-tdsch-tdsch-tdsch-tdsch-tdsch-tdcsh-tdsch-tdsch-tdschiew!”

Slider couldn’t help but slowly grind against Ice, breath speeding up.

“Huh-ehh.. ehhuh,” Ice was softly gasping against Slider’s chest, sneeze stuck but increasingly desperate, “Ehhh-huuhh.. huuh.. hiiih..HIIIIH-“

Slider thought he was going to burst just by hearing Ice hitch, “Uhh!”

Ice finally let loose a volley of rapid sneezes down his boyfriend’s chest, glad for the final relief of the pollen plaguing his sinuses, “tsch’tsch’tsch’tsch’tsch’tsch’tsch’tsch’tsch’tsch’tsch’tsch’tschiew!”

Slider tilted his head back with a final moan, mouth still open even after no sound came out.

“Atschiew!” Ice was slowly starting to calm down, “Aschiew!-schiew!-schiew-schiew-schiew!”

“Ahh, Ice..” Slider panted lightly.

“Etschiew!” Ice rubbed his nose against Slider’s shoulder, “eh’tchiew!”

“Bless you, Doll,” Slider kissed the top of his head, exhausted.

“Aht’chiew!” Ice sniffed thickly and coughed into Slider’s shoulder, “Thagks Sli.”

Slider just held him close, letting the Ice’s occasional sneezes run their course as the rest of the allergy attack faded. When Ice was finally done, his nose was pink from all the rubbing he had been doing against Slider, his eyes were teary, and sinuses were officially stuffed.

Slider could already feel himself get horny again, “What did I do to get the world's most perfect boyfriend?”

Ice coughed and laid his head against Sli’s shoulder, “You bead dhe bosd allergic?” ( you mean the most allergic?)

“Those aren’t mutually exclusive,” Slider kissed his face all over, ignoring Ice’s weak attempts to move away.

“Godda sdeeze-“ Ice weakly moved his face away, though it was futile, as Slider kept kissing him, “Hud’schiew!”

“Bless you,” Slider brought his hand up and thumbed the bottom of Ice’s nose, cleaning off the now wet appendage.

“Hud’schuh,” Slider chuckled at the half sneeze that came from Ice, and just continued to wipe his nose for him.

“Think you stand for a shower?”

“Dake dhe Flowers away firsd,” (Take the flowers away first).

“Lillies are going outside, but. I think the roses are safe,” Slider kissed him again, “unless they have lily pollen on them.”

Ice was triggered just by the word and sneezed directly onto Slider’s face, “Iktsch!”

Slider wasn’t fazed, “I love you.”

“Love you doo,” Ice sniffed and pawed at his nose, not embarrassed in the slightest at how it squelched.

“Stop making me horny.”

“I Cad’t help id,” Ice sniffed, “You bade be sdeeze!” (I can’t help it… You made me sneeze!)

“Fuck yeah, I did,” Slider jumped back against him, pushing Ice down against the couch as he kissed him. He still had a price to pay, and he had never been happier to comply.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RemedyBane

• Mygyn

• Wolfwings22

• Loverofreading

Ahhhhh this was so good! So sorry it took me so long to comment surgery was a doozy this time and I’m still pretty out of it so sorry if this reply makes no sense. Absolutely loved this installment and can’t wait for more! This thread has definitely kept me occupied as I’m recovering. Loved it as always!

On 6/17/2023 at 9:16 PM, Mygyn said:

Are you okay?!????????

Hey :) She messaged me saying everything went well. She just has a lot of resting to do :) XO I was worried about our girl so I kept spam Messaging her until she answered. we love you @Wolfwings22

On 6/17/2023 at 9:16 PM, Mygyn said:

Are you okay?!????????

@Mygyn so sorry I’m so late to reply! As @RemedyBane said I’m doing good. I had a surgery to place an implant in my spine to give my body constant electrical stimulation in an attempt to correct a neurological condition that I have that’s slowly started to take away my mobility so this is supposed to be my last ditch effort to slow/stop the progression. It’ll be a long recovery to get used to everything from what I’m told, but everyday gets a little better and talking to both of you always makes me feel a lot better. Hopefully now that I’m out of that weird surgery haze I’ll be able to answer a lot quicker! :) 

@RemedyBane thanks for the update! @Wolfwings22 you can’t drop that on us without telling us you’re going to be okay! 😂 we’ve been reading Remedy’s stories for like a year together now and have a comment community ❤️ glad your recovering and will send good vibes to you and your healing!

@Mygyn I really meant to say something but the whole thing came up super fast but I promise I’ll be better at keeping you guys updated in the future! Also today is my birthday and as a present to myself I’m rereading this whole thread since what could be a better present than that! 

2 minutes ago, Mygyn said:

Happpy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!! You’re one of the first people to wish me a happy birthday so I definitely appreciate it! I also have another chapter from the top gun fic that I posted earlier in the week to be posted today so stay tuned for that 😃

• 1 month later...

@Mygyn @Wolfwings22 Hey guys! Sorry I've been gone! Here's a request I got for a part of two of chapter 93!

Here's a link to part 1

https://archiveofourown.org/works/40398453/chapters/109554285  

The Beginning Part 2

Somehow Slider wasn't surprised to wake up and find Maverick still passed out in bed. A part of him thought he'd be gone, but his heart knew Mav wasn't going anywhere. He was already in too deep. Ice is a very hard person to leave. Speaking of Ice, Slider glanced down to see that Ice was NOT in bed. This was a problem. 

Jumping out of bed, Slider ran to the bathroom, only to find it empty, "Shit," he ran to the bedroom door and pushed it open so fast, he had to catch the door so as not to slam it. 

Maverick woke up with a start when he heard Slider running, "Wha-?" 

"Ice isn't in bed." Slider barely glanced at him before running out of the room, heart dropping to his feet when he found Ice on his hands and knees in the kitchen, scrubbing the floor.

Mav was right behind him within a second, instantly confused when he saw Ice, "does he normally turn into Cinderella when he has a fever?" 

"What?" Slider looked over at Mav for a second before realizing what he meant, "Uhm.. yeah... YOu should wait in the bedroom." 

"Why?" 

"Because Ice thinks his dad is going to walk through the door," Slider was beginning to sound choked up, "this isn't going to be pretty." 

"So his dad was the abusive one?" 

"I considered both of them to be abusive, but let's just say his father was heavy-handed." 

"And I'm guessing if there was a speck of dust anywhere, he'd really get it," Mav watched as Slider shivered, "you look green."

"I.." Slider took a deep breath before shaking his head, and slowly moving closer to Ice, eyes brimming with tears, "Baby?"

"It's not clean," Ice didn't look at him, still scrubbing the floor, "I can't get the stains out."

"What stains, baby?" Slider knelt down and looked at the pristine floor, "can you look at me?" 

"The Admiral will be home soon." 

Mav furrowed his brow and almost recoiled when he realized he was talking about his father. 

"The Admiral isn't coming home today," Slider gently placed his hand over Ice's, stopping him from scrubbing, "He's in Hawaii. He's going to be there for a long time." 

"Hawaii?" 

"Yeah," Slider knew that look, "You're in Miramar, Ice. It's just you, me, and Maverick." 

"Miramar?" 

"Yeah," Slider smiled slightly, "You live with me, remember?" 

Ice dropped the scrub and sat back, leaning a bit against the couch, "What?" 

"You live with me," Slider sat down opposite, giving him space, "Can you tell me three things that are real?" 

"Real?" 

"That you can see, right now." 

"You?" 

"I'm one." 

"Um," Ice took a second and looked around, "a door?" 

"Can you name things that are different from your parents' house?"

"Oh," Ice swallowed and looked around, "The paint." 

"What about the paint?" Slider nodded slightly, encouraging.

"This is lighter." 

"That's good," Slider nodded, "What else." 

"That blanket," Ice pointed to the blanket on the couch, "your mother made it.. last Christmas."

"Yeah," Slider wiped away the tears he hadn't realized were running down his cheeks, "you remember that?" 

"She's really nice," Ice sniffed and properly looked at Slider, "She made me a beanie?"

"A blue one," he chuckled, "she didn't want your ears getting cold."

"You have a yellow one," Ice wiped his own eyes, "with black stripes."

"That's right." 

"Why am I cleaning the floor with a scrub?" 

"What's the last thing you remember?" 

"Sleeping in bed... then I.." he coughed, "I thought my dad was coming home." 

"He is never coming here," Slider crawled over and relaxed when Ice pulled him closer, cuddling into him, "I would never let him near here." 

Mav walked a little closer and peered over the counter, "You ok?" 

"ugh," Ice buried his face in Slider's neck, "Did he see everything?" 

"Yeah," Slider beckoned Mav over, "He's worried about you. I think your fever is getting worse."

"He knows?" 

"Yeah," SLider kissed his head, "It's ok." 

Ice sat up and glared at Maverick, "If you tell anyone-"

"My lips are sealed, "Mav crossed his heart, "I just want you to be ok."

Ice looked down at the floor, "It's all wet." 

"I'll clean it up," Mav knelt down, "you're sweating a lot. Think you can change?" 

"I've got ya," Slider stood up and helped Ice up, "I think you could use a shower, first. Clear your head?" 

"Shower sounds good," Ice nodded and rubbed his face, "don't leave me." 

"Never ever ever," Slider kissed his lips before walking him towards the shower.

------------------------

Now that Ice was out of the shower and dry, he looked a bit more like himself; hair neatly combed back, eyes focused, and body stiff. He was sat against the headboard, watching Maverick with eagle eyes.

"You know I"m here to help you, right?" Mav sat down on the bed.

"I'm not much for company at the moment," Ice looked away.

"Too bad," Mav rolled his eyes, "I'm not leaving my wingman."

"This isn't what I had in mind."

"Too bad," Mav got up and put a hand on his forehead, "this really won't budge."

"I"m fine, Mitchell." 

"You were delusional this morning."

Ice groaned, "Don't remind me." 

"Are you complaining?" He raised a brow.

"No," Ice said too quickly.

"ok woah," Mav put his hands up, "that was a joke, not a threat."

"What threat?" Slider came in with a cup of tea and an ice pack.

"Nothing," Ice rubbed his nose lightly, then scrunched it up.

"Mav, can you grab some crackers from the cabinet?"

"Yeah," Mav ran out.

"Come on," Slider put the tea down, "no holding back. It's just us."

Ice picked up the collar of his shirt, "kschiew-scheiw-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schew-chew." 

"Bless you, bunny," Slider kissed his forehead, then whispered, "Mav means well." 

"I know," Ice sniffled, "I'm just not ready.." 

"I think you're more than ready," Mav came in with crackers, 'I mean, I don't know what for, but you're probably ready."

"Ready for the Maverick Nurse Experience," Slider handed Ice the tea.

"Hey, I've dealt with a chicken pox-riddled toddler. I think I can help you take care of our grumpy pilot."

"It's not about you-"

"I know, Ice," Mav sat down and put the crackers on the nightstand, "I know what it's like. My parents might not have been abusive, but after my dad died, I practically didn't exist. I know what's it like to be uncomfortable with asking for help. I know you probably feel all kinds of embarrassed and ashamed. But guess what?" He didn't let Ice answer, "You can't help it, and there's nothing wrong with that."

"Goose teach you your bedside manner?" 

"Yeah," Mav gently squeezed Ice's leg, "He taught me a lot of things. Like being vulnerable. Letting someone else take care of you. Knowing that they do it because they love you. That you're not a burden. That they will still love you after."

Ice glanced at Slider, who was absently playing with Ice's hands. 

"I've seen your scars. At first, I thought it was your average stuff. Falling off a bike, a cat, or maybe even a navy accident. But now I'm betting some of them are from your dad."

Ice subconsciously touched his neck, rubbing slightly.

"Honestly, I'm terrified to ask you what he did. But if you ever want to talk it out, I'm actually a good listener."

Ice blinked a bunch before hiding his face with the cup as he took a sip, "I don't want to talk about it."

"And you don't have to," Slider squeezed his hand, "but I would really love it if you ate some crackers."

"Not in bed," Ice pulled down the covers.

"You're sick."

"Stop reminding me," Ice sighed and slowly stood up, "I'm still not going to be a slob."

Slider shook his head at Maverick, asking him not to fight this battle, "Ok."

"Thank you," Ice looked at Mav through his peripherals, "for h..helping...me"

"Anytime."

-------------------------

"Are you sure I can't help?" Ice called from the couch, now sweating again.

"I'm just heating up soup, Baby," Slider chuckled, "stay there." 

"I hate being useless."

"You are being very useful," Mav sat on the edge of the couch, "Being eye candy is a tough job."

"Don't flirt with me while I have a fever, Maverick," Ice was playing with his collar, "God, I'm hot."

"Yes, you are," Mav winked.

Ice wasn't paying attention, getting up and taking off his sweatshirt and throwing it over a chair, "that's so much better."

Mav swallowed thickly as he watched a few beads of sweat roll down Ice's abs. He was so perfectly toned and tanned. Freckles splattered across his body. He'd love to connect those dots with his tongue.

"Eh'Kiew!" Ice bent forward with a sudden (soft) sneeze, barely getting his arm up in time.

Mav snapped out of it, "Bless you!"

"He's not done," Slider came over with the soup and looked over at him with disappointment as Ice stifled eight more sneezes into his arm.

Mav was too busy staring at his contracting abs to notice.

"Sorry," Ice apologized the moment his sneezing was done, using the last of his breath to speak.

"Not apologizing for sneezing," Slider handed Ice the soup and kissed his forehead, whispering, "I'm so in love with you." 

Ice turned and kissed Slider, "I love you too." 

"Please eat," Slider kissed him again, "then we can all lay down and watch a movie." 

Mav looked up and noticed the blush on Ice's face, and realized that he really liked that color on Ice. 

"Are you not hungry?" 

"I ate while you took a nap and so did Mav," Slider wrapped a blanket around Ice's shoulders when he saw him shiver, "after this, you can have more medicine." 

"Ok," Ice leaned back and ate some soup.

Mav thought it was odd that Slider sat there and watched him eat the soup. Did Ice have a history of eating disorders? Ice hadn't thrown up since the tarmac, so he couldn't have been worried about his stomach.

"Thank you," Slider kissed his forehead as he took the now empty bowl, "Mav, pick a movie." 

"Okay," Mav sat down next to Ice, frowning a bit when Ice moved away, "What?" 

"You could get sick."

"So?" Mav pulled Ice closer, "I'll risk it." 

Ice watched as Mav looked through their CDs. He was starting to get really tired, and before he knew it, he was resting his head against Mav's shoulder and passed out.

Slider came to the couch and chuckled, "Sorry, he gets really tired when he's sick." 

"No need," Mav shifted so Ice was more comfortable and held him close, "I don't mind." 

"Good," Slider put a blanket over both of them, "I gotta make a store run. You two have fun."

"Wait," Mav looked at Slider, "You're leaving me alone with him."

Slider nodded, "You'll be fine. He'll be asleep well after I'm back home." 

"But I've been flirting all night. You aren't jealous?" 

"Of you? no," Slider rolled his eyes, "Besides, I don't mind sharing," and with that he was gone.

"Sharing?" he looked down at Ice, who looked perfect even asleep and sick, if that was even possible. Maverick smiled, "Yeah, sharing."

We’ve missed you! Just glad you’re back! 

also that last line I don’t mine sharing! Was perfection!!!!!

I’m so excited you updated! And with such a lovely installment too! I definitely missed you and your stories so I’m so elated that you’re back for more!

I’m home for the week with a concussion! So I’m re reading your stories 😿 I just read one of  the first one where ice and Mav had a beach day 😭  you’ve grown sooo much this past year or so as a writer <3

Awe @Mygyn I hope you feel better soon. Concussions suck! And just when you think you’re getting better, boom there goes the pain again. I hope it doesn’t treat you too bad but at least you have this amazing story thread to keep you occupied! 😊

1 hour ago, Wolfwings22 said:

Concussions suck!

@Wolfwings22 it does 😭 I got into a fender bender Monday was fine Tuesday I was not today I’m not 😭 

On 8/2/2023 at 2:52 PM, Mygyn said:

I’m home for the week with a concussion! So I’m re reading your stories 😿 I just read one of  the first one where ice and Mav had a beach day 😭  you’ve grown sooo much this past year or so as a writer ❤️

Oh no! Are you alright? How bad was the accident? Is your head ok now??! 

On 8/2/2023 at 9:37 PM, Wolfwings22 said:

Awe @Mygyn I hope you feel better soon. Concussions suck! And just when you think you’re getting better, boom there goes the pain again. I hope it doesn’t treat you too bad but at least you have this amazing story thread to keep you occupied! 😊

Y'all are tooooo kind to me! ugh! I love you all so much. But seriously, @Mygyn KEEP US UPDATED ON YOUR CONCUSSION! I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON! XO

The Beginning Part 3 (The Final Part)

"You just can't shake this fever, huh?" Mav smirked as he looked at Ice's sour face, thermometer in his mouth, and an icepack on his head. It was almost cartoonish. 

Ice's fever-bright eyes glared daggers into Mav's, and if he wasn't sick, he might have just strangled him.

"Don't poke the polar bear," Slider came into the bedroom with the house phone between his shoulder and cheek, still on hold with the doctor.

Mav took out the thermometer and glanced at it, "102. That's better than yesterday."

"Yesterday he went from a 101.3 to a 103.5, then back down to 102.4. I don't like those numbers," Slider glared at the thermometer as if it is at fault.

"You can remember his exact temperature, but you can't remember the landline number?"

Slider took the thermometer from Mav and glanced at it, "102.7 that's higher than 102.4!-Hello! yes, I'm still here."

"Does he always freak out like this when you're sick?" Mav raised a brow at Ice.

"This is calm," Ice was panting slightly, sweat dampening the collar of his shirt, "I've been worse."

Mav watched as Slider talked to the doctor, having now moved to the living room, and was now flailing his arms, "I have a feeling the doc is telling Sli to wait it out."

"He hates those words," Ice chuckled slightly, "I really don't feel that bad." 

"You're sweating through your clothes, Ice," Mav pulled the blanket away, "I'm hot looking at you."

"I can see that," Ice glanced down at Maverick's crotch, before raising an eyebrow.

"Shut up," Mav put the blanket over his crotch.

"The damn doctor just said to wait it out," Slider handed Mav the phone, needing him to stop him from throwing it against the wall, "If you have a fever tomorrow, I'm taking you to the ER."

"Ron," Ice looked sternly towards him, "I am going to be fine."

"You never get fevers for this long," Slider knelt by the bed, "It's been three days. Honey, you're all flushed."

"And by tomorrow, this will all blow over."

"It better," Slider stood back up and kissed his forehead, "I'm getting you Ice cream."

"No," Ice grabbed Slider's arm and held it, "no Ice cream."

"It will cool you down," Slider pleaded.

"I won't eat it," Ice let go, "I just want to sleep."

Slider looked disappointed but nodded, tucking Ice back into bed, "We can talk after."

"I won't change my mind," Ice whispered as he closed his eyes, drifting off quickly.

Slider kissed his forehead again before walking out of the bedroom, looking disappointed.

Mav followed him and sat down on the couch, "Why are you upset he didn't want ice cream?"

"I'm not."

"Tell that to your face," Mav threw a pillow at him, "talk to me."

"He just doesn't like cold foods."

"Bullshit," Mav sat up, giving Slider his full attention, "we've both seen him eat previously hot lunch, cold."

Slider did not want to talk about this, "Shut up, Mav. You've known him for like a year."

What Slider didn't tell him, was that Ice had only eaten lunch at all that day because Slider brought him lunch from the cafeteria, and had to convince him to eat; which is why it was cold. That day Ice had skipped breakfast, and was punishing himself for a less-than-perfect landing the day prior. Slider had only realized it was a tad hard, but otherwise a nice landing. Nothing that anyone would notice, but this was Ice we are talking about. He knew everything. He notices everything. It took Slider an hour to convince Ice that it was ok to eat. Ice looked like he wanted to throw up the rest of the day, and Slider had to follow him to the bathroom to make sure he didn't. 

"Ok, I obviously don't know him like you do, but I want to learn."

"Maybe I'm not ready for you to!" Slider snapped, not having meant to, and instantly felt like shit, "I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to.. fuck."

"It's ok. I pressed." 

"No, It's not," Slider smacked his hand against his head, "I can't do shit like that."

"Why are you beating yourself up for this? I was being nosy. I ignored your boundaries." 

"I can't snap like that," Slider shook his head and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?" 

"To cool off," Slider went out of the door and just kept walking. Something about Maverick just boiled him inside. He knew it wasn't his place to tell Ice's secrets, but how do you stop people from prying? Maverick's whole personality is taking things past their limit. He wanted to tell someone so badly. Tell someone who could understand. Have someone understand the pain that he felt for Ice. He wanted someone else to understand Ice's pain. He wanted someone else to agree that this was nuts. It would feel soo good to have someone agree. Gods know that Ice doesn't understand how fucked up he is. 

He made it a few blocks before he realized he didn't know where to go. This was more of Ice's thing. To just walk away from a situation. To go for long runs to clear his head. This wasn't Slider. He was a 'hit the gym' kind of guy. He wanted to lift weights, and let that cool him off. That would mean taking the car and driving, and he didn't want to be that far from Ice. He needed to lift something. What the fuck was he going to lift? The Couch? Maverick? 

Realizing this was not a good use of his time and energy, he ran back to the house and through the door, "I should not have left." 

"You do what you have to," Mav was a little startled by the sudden entry, "seriously, you can go if you want. I have nowhere to be."

"And leave Ice?" 

Mav realized that look, "I know, you'd rather die."

"That's what I signed up for," Slider went to the kitchen and started the kettle, "I still don't get why you're here."

"I thought you said you were happy to 'share'."

"If Ice likes you, I like you," Slider came back out as he waited, "you're nice to look at, and I don't mind the pushback. What I don't understand, is why you're cool with all this."

"The sharing or the sickie?"

"The latter."

"I know I have a reputation to.. come and go," he cleared his throat, "but it's never really what I want. I'd much rather stay."

"Ice isn't like the girls you...see."

"Ice isn't like anyone I've ever met," Mav grinned, "I like a challenge."

"You can't just walk away."

"I don't think we'll have that problem."

"He's everything to me, Mav."

Mav dropped his smile and nodded, "I know."

Slider didn't really know what to say, "I can't tell you everything."

"I know that too."

"Then why do you ask?"

"Because you look like you want to say something."

"I can't."

"I know that now," Mav patted the couch, "Ice is sleeping. Why don't you go to the gym."

"What?" 

"That's where you go when you're stressed," Mav shrugged, "Every time I asked where you were, he always said the gym. It's the only time I don't see you with Ice."

"Ice hates the gym."

"Yet somehow still looks like that."

"He's a runner," Slider sighed, "Are you sure?"

"Go," Mav grinned, "I'll make sure Ice stays asleep."

"I'll be gone an hour tops."

"Take your time," Mav rolled his eyes, "afterward you and Ice can wash off the sweat."

Slider looked at the closed bedroom door, "Thank you."

"I got this," Mav pointed to the door, "go."

-------------------------------------------

Usually, Ice would stay asleep until Slider was home, only waking when Slider would crawl into bed after a shower. This time, he wasn't alone in the house. He felt the change the second Slider left the house the first time. When he didn't hear the car, he let himself drift back off, assuming he just went to get the mail or check on the plants. When he did eventually hear the car, Ice opened his eyes. It wasn't Maverick's bike or Ice's car, but Slider's. He knew the difference even in a dead sleep. He wasn't sure how to feel, but he did know he didn't want to let Maverick know he was awake. 

Internally, he was freaking out a little. Slider had been his anchor ever since they met. It was easier to be vulnerable when he was around. He could let loose, relax, and try to have a good time. It was when Slider was gone, that his old ways came crawling back. 

Now, he was laying on his back, staring at the ceiling, trying to stop himself from getting up and deep cleaning the bathroom. He could have sworn he saw a smudge on the mirror in there. 

Before Ice could make up his mind, Maverick came in with a cup of tea, "You're not thinking of sneaking away, are you?" 

Ice glanced over at him, "how did you know I was awake?" 

"I didn't," Mav put the tea on the nightstand, "But when I saw your eyes open, I went for awake instead of dead."

"You made me tea, thinking I was asleep."

"Slider made it before he went to the gym," Mav shrugged, "figured Slider knew something I didn't."

"He doesn't like idle hands," Ice sat up and took the tea, "thank you." 

"Anything you need? Want?" 

"I want my fever to disappear before Slider gets home so I can actually get out of bed."

"What's stopping you now? I know it's not me."

"He'll know," Ice took another sip of tea, "he always knows-" he glanced at his phone as it dinged, "Slider."

Mav took the phone and looked at the text, "he says go back to sleep."

Ice watched as Maverick looked around the room, confused, "there aren't hidden cameras. He just knows me too well."

"What is he afraid you'll do? Walk to the couch?" 

"I'm not great at resting," Ice cleared his throat, "especially when there are things that need to be done."

"What is there to do?" Mav started to tuck Ice back in, not wanting to give Ice the impression he was allowed to get up.

"The mirror is dirty in the bathroom, the carpet needs to be vacuumed, the oven is filthy, and so is behind the refrigerator-"

"Woah, you clean behind there?" 

"People don't?" Ice looked confused, mav thought it was cute.

"No, not really," Mav grinned at him, "seriously, this place is spotless. It's a little scary how clean it is. Are you sure you live here with Slider?"

"He's a great dishwasher," Ice chuckled a bit, then looked around, "Is it really spotless?" 

"Ice," Mav ran his finger over the nightstand and held it out, "dust is terrified to enter your home."

"That's good," Ice seemed to calm down a little.

"If I promise to wash the life out of that teacup, will you try to go back to sleep?"

Ice looked hesitant, but sighed, "Fine. Wake me when Sli gets back?" 

"Fine," Mav tucked him back in and gave him an extra blanket, "oh uhm... Thank you.. for resting."

"Don't push it."

"Yup, sorry."

---------------------------------------

Slider felt so much better after a good workout. He was properly sweaty and flushed now. His muscles felt tight and his lifting high was coming into full effect. He was almost certain this is the feeling Ice got when he ran. He just always looked so refreshed and relaxed after a good run. 

Pulling into the driveway, he took a second to look at the house. It wasn't anything special, just a small house on the base; but it was theirs. Finally getting out of the car, he took off his now sweat-soaked shirt and unlocked the door. While Ice never said it, Slider knew he loved to see Slider all sweaty and hot. It was a huge turn-on for him, and Slider loved to oblige.

"Hey," Mav turned to look at him only for his eyes to widen, suddenly looking at the now shirtless man.

"How was our patient?" 

Mav was silent, just staring at him, clearly having not heard him.

"Earth to Mitchell."

Mav snapped out of it and looked into his face, "Ice is asleep."

"You sure?" Slider put his bag down and took off his shoes, "He's a crazy light sleeper."

"Last time I checked he was out like a light," Mav got off the couch, and hesitantly walked towards Slider, "Good workout?" 

"Yeah," Slider flexed a little, not missing Mav's stricken expression.

Both of their heads shot toward the door when they heard coughing. Slider walked past Maverick quickly, opening the door to check on his sick boyfriend.

"You ok?" Slider walked over to the bed, frowning as he watched Ice rub his chest.

"I'm fine," Ice cleared his throat before finally looking at Slider. His eyes slowly took in all of him and he couldn't help but smile, "You didn't have to do this."

"Do what?" 

"Come home all sweaty," Ice grabbed his sweatpants by the hem and pulled him closer, "this is such a tease."

"I was hoping you would join me in the shower," Slider leaned down and kissed his lips.

"I would love to," Ice chuckled when Slider picked him up effortlessly and walked him into the bathroom.

"I love you," Slider kissed Ice again, "I just want you to be ok."

Ice put his hand on Slider's cheek, "I'm going to be fine. It's just the flu."

"Just?"

"If I'm not better in three days, then I will go with you to the ER."

"Two," Slider pouted.

"Only if I still have a fever," Ice traced Slider's pout with his thumb.

"Deal," Slider kissed his thumb.

"Now," Ice glanced at the door, "what do you we do about Maverick?" 

"Invite him?" 

"In here?" 

"I don't think he's ready for that," Slider chuckled and kissed Ice again, "I meant to sleep over... properly."

"What has he been doing the last few days? Sleeping improperly?" Ice teased.

"You know what I mean," Slider kissed the side of Ice's mouth, "let's see where this goes."

"I'm ok if you are."

"Yeah," Slider kissed Ice again, "Besides, I don't think he wants to leave."

"I don't think I want him to." 

Slider turned on the shower, nodding, "Yeah. Me neither."

The sweetness in this last part killed me in the best way! I love to see the three of them coming together in the early stages and Mav seeing Ice like that for the first time. Definitely hit the spot! Love it times a million!!!! 

😭 I love how Mav is working. His way into slider and ices heart!!!!

On 8/9/2023 at 12:52 AM, RemedyBane said:

How bad was the accident? Is your head ok now??! 

I think I’m okay? Still having some light memory issues but I went back to work on Monday. I would say 75% recovered! 

it was a crazy accident I was going to work on 7/31 and stopped for a car to turn and bam  got hit by a car and then another car hit them.  And pushed them into me. 

• 3 months later...

It's been a long time since an update but I've only recently come across this and I have to say it is one of the best things I've ever read 😭😭. The way you manage to incorporate such love and emotion into every part and pair it with so many sneezes I'm melting 🫠. I'm praying you'll pick this up again at some point because I'm in love ❤️🥲

I just wanted to come here to echo what @dwaekki said. I reread this thread a couple times a day if I can. It’s so well done with some of my favorite prompts ever and I just can’t express how much I love everything in this thread. It was something that I looked forward to so much seeing a new fic and I so hope maybe one day we’ll have some more. If not I completely understand as these fics were more than I could’ve asked in this fandom with this pairing. It’s definitely one of the best works of literature I’ve ever read and not a day goes by that I don’t think about it often. A true masterpiece. If I could write you a million comments I would to express how much this thread has helped me. You’re amazing!

I echo everyone else ❤️ Remedybane you really started off the top gun sick/sneeze fanfic culture that is in the fandom ❤️ 

• 1 month later...

@Mygyn @dwaekki  @Wolfwings22

Thank you so much for standing by me during my hiatus and loving my work. I can't find the words to say how much i appreciate you all. There are days I don't have confidence in my own writing and your words of encouragement squash those thoughts. Thank you so very much. I love you all. I plan to continue :) 

Reinventing Christmas

There wasn't much that Mav liked about the winter. Snow made it difficult to ride his bike, planes were grounded until the weather cleared, and everyone kept hyping up their family traditions and being excited to see them. Who did he have to see? Sure, he could go home to Sli and Ice, but it wasn't the traditional family. He didn't have parents, much less grandparents, to visit. There was no family reunion. 

All in All, he hated Christmas. 

He was sure there wasn't going to be anything happening at home. Ice had even worse relations with his folks, and SLider was stuck at home because his parents had gotten sick and didn't want anyone else to catch whatever it was. Christmas was cancelled and it surprised him how disappointed he was. Christmas at Slider's parents almost seemed.. normal. LIke he would finally understand what others yapped on about. He hoped Ice wasn't too disappointed. He had to be in worse shape than Mav; considering Mav burned a Christmas card from his parents. It was more 'what your new year's resolutions should be' than 'Have a great new year, love ya!'. He really needed to make sure Ice didn't spiral.

Walking into the house they all shared, he remembered the one thing he loved about winter; Ice in those tight sweaters, "Wow." 

Ice looked up over his glasses, previously reading something, to look at Mav, "What?" 

Mav let his eyes wander down Ice's form, swallowing thickly as he got to Ice's butt, "just admiring the view."

"The view is that way," he gestured vaguely toward the living room, where Slider was decorating, what seemed to be, a live tree.

"What?" Mav looked over and his mouth fell open, "uhm.. what's happening?" 

"Exactly what it looks like," Slider called over, "a Christmas tree." 

"Why?" Mav really didn't know what to think. 

"It's almost Christmas," Ice sniffed lightly and closed whatever he was reading to meet Mav at the door, whispering slightly, "Slider didn't want to cancel Christmas, so we're having our own here." 

"Just us?"

"Yeah," Ice fixed his glasses, "He's not as bummed as we thought he'd be."

"he looks..excited?" 

"I am excited!" Slider slid over and kissed Mav, "Shit happens, Mav. We can now have a chill Christmas at home with my favorite people." 

"But your parents-"

"Are going to be just fine. It's the flu, not the plague," Slider wrapped his arms around Ice's waist, "All I want for Christmas is you two. I've got that." 

"So you're not disappointed?" Mav raised a brow.

"Sure, but like I said. Shit happens," Slider nuzzled his nose against the side of Ice's head, making the blonde smile.

Ice scrunched up his nose and turned to the tree, "we should help with this."

"You'll be great," Slider pulled them both towards the tree, "just grab shit and put it on."

"There is no order to this?" Ice picked up an ornament and looked at the tree like it was a puzzle.

"Babe, it's not supposed to be perfect. It's supposed to be... homey." Slider knew that would take more convincing, especially for Ice.

"Wait," Mav looked at Ice, "You've had trees before." 

"They were all fake and he would have other people put it together," Ice sniffed and stared at the ornament. What he didn't say was that he was never allowed to go near the tree, lest he be punished. His father would bring out a ruler to check if all the branches were adequate and the ornaments equally spaced. 

Slider came closer and took Ice's hand, the one holding the ornament, and pulled him to the tree, "put it wherever you want." 

Mav tried not to tense when he saw Ice's expression. He looked almost scared.

"There is no wrong answer, Baby," Slider kissed his temple, "anywhere you want."

Ice slowly put the ornament on the tree, looking nervous, "there."

"Beautiful," Slider turned him to kiss him, smiling into it, "And I got unbreakable ornaments, so you don't need to worry about the glass."

"I didn't even think about that," Ice swallowed thickly, looking over at his ornament to make sure it hadn't fallen.

"Like I said, unbreakable," Slider kissed him again, "Mav?"

"Yeah, I'll throw some on," he backtracked when he saw Ice stiffen, "Not literally, Ice. Not literally." Sometimes he forgot how stressful the holidays are for Ice. Mr. Perfect wasn't allowed to ever be unperfect, not even on Christmas. Especially not on Christmas. 

Ice gently patted Slider's chest and backed away, "I'm going to.. go get some air." 

Slider watched him walk out of the house and frowned sympathetically, "he'll get the hang of it."

"Should we go out there?" 

"Nah," Slider turned back to the ornaments, "But I say we make this the ugliest tree imaginable."

"Oh good, I have no idea what I'm doing." Mav laughed.

"Amazing," Slider did his best to never say 'perfect' in hopes that it wouldn't bring Ice into bad habits. 

"So, this is what families do? They decorate together?"

"Yup," Slider nudged Mav, "Next we are gonna do some lights around the house. Maybe along the roof? Depends on how Ice is feeling after this. Last thing I want to do is overwhelm him more than he already is."

"I saw him reading," Mav looked puzzled, "isn't that his happy place?" 

"It was a Christmas cookbook."

"Oh," Mav sighed, "Holidays."

"Ya know, one day I'm going to get you both excited for the holidays."

"One day at a time, Ron," Mav kept putting ornaments on. After a while, his tongue was sticking out slightly in concentration, wanting to make sure he found the perfect spot for each one; and also making sure that it made no sense to the entire structure of the tree. Symmetry was NOT allowed this Christmas. 

It took Ice about 30 minutes to completely calm down and get back inside the house. His eyes were slightly red and he was sniffling a bit, both of which he would blame on the cold weather, but they both knew he'd been crying. 

The tree was done. It had a bunch of empty patches, which made Ice itch, but it wasn't half bad. 

"No 'fixing it'," Slider wrapped his arms around Ice, "I love the way it looks. We all did it together, as a family, and I think it's amazing." 

Ice didn't expect to burst out in tears again, especially over a tree, but here he was, sobbing into Slider's chest, with Mav coming up behind him to hug him from behind. 

"I know," Slider gently rocked him, "I know." 

This is what Mav hated the most about holidays; the way it made Ice feel. The first time Slider's parents gave Ice a Christmas gift, Ice almost threw up. He had gone completely still and just stared at it. It was a hand-knitted sweater in blue with "ICE" written on the front in white. Ice loved that sweater and wore it often. While Slider's mom called it a 'little thing' Ice thought it was the nicest thing anyone had ever given him. He had to excuse himself outside to cry. He hadn't known what it felt like to have a good family until then. It scared him in the best way. 

Sometimes you don't realize how you've been abused until you are shown another way. 

Ice calmed down after a few minutes and just held Slider for a bit, sniffling softly against him, "fuck."

"Holidays are hard, babe," Slider kissed the top of his head, "it's ok to cry." 

"I think you should lay down for a bit," Mav rubbed Ice's back, "you're shaking." 

Ice took a deep breath and stood back up, "shit.." 

"Is that all ya got?" Mav kissed his shoulder, "Throw in a 'crap' and we got the 'I can't talk' trifecta."

Ice laughed and wiped his eyes, "Oh ok... I did not think holidays could be this..."

"Chill?" Mav loved a good Ice pun.

Ice laughed again, "Cool?" 

"I love you," Mav kissed his shoulder again.

Slider pulled Ice closer and kissed him, "While you are with me, and Mav, you will never have to be perfect again." 

"I know," Ice kissed him again, "I'm going to lie down."

"We will all join you," Slider squeezed Ice's butt, "the next item of business has to do with the mistletoe I put in our doorway."

---------------------------

On Christmas morning, Slider was the first to wake up, and made hot cocoa and tea for Ice and Maverick to wake up to. He didn't want to push it with cocoa for Ice, so he chose a safe option. 

"You're up early?" Ice sat up in bed and gave his nose a soft rub.

"Merry Christmas, loves of my life," He handed them both their respective drinks.

"Merry Christmas," Mav said back, looking suspicious, "What did you do?" 

"I may or may not have decorated after you both went to sleep last night," Slider wrapped a blanket around Ice's shoulders as the man shivered, "are you ready for a real Christmas?" 

"Can I get dressed first?" Ice scrunched his nose up.

"Nope," Slider ran his fingers down Ice's nose, smiling as Ice had his fit into his own wrist, "bless you, baby."

"thank you," Ice said breathily, "should I be concerned?" 

"No," Slider took Ice's tea as he threw on a sweater before they all padded into the living room. Without any lights on, all of their rooms were fully lit with string lights. It was truly a beautiful sight. 

Ice and Maverick were both slack-jawed, staring into the world of light. It was light staring into the night sky with the stars just in front of their noses.

"How long were you up?" 

"I may or may not have slept much last night," Slider took Ice's hand, who was still too stunned to speak, "I want you to open up your gifts first." 

Ice blinked a bit, trying to register the red box that Slider was handing him. It was small, with a little green ribbon wrapped around it, "Thank you." 

"You haven't opened it, yet." Slider looked a bit confused.

"You do so much," Ice looked up at him, "you did all this to try to make Christmas a happy memory. I don't care what's inside this box," He pulled Slider closer and kissed him, "This is already the best Christmas." 

"Open the box," Slider kissed his forehead, "it's for both of you." 

Ice handed it to Mav, encouraging him to open the box, as Ice's hands were a little shaky.

Mav slowly undid the wrapping, which seemed uncharacteristic, but he wasn't used to someone putting this much effort into something for him; not since Goose.

He held up an ornament with the words '1st Christmas' Written on it, "Are you telling me you're pregnant?" 

"No," Slider chuckled, "It's my promise to both of you. My promise to start over. From this day on, we are starting the holidays over. From now on, this first Christmas, you will never have to worry about coming home to an empty house-" he looked at Mav, "or an unsafe one," he looked at Ice, "I am promising you only happy memories, for as long as I live."

Now it was Mav who started crying, "shit.."

Ice just leaned into Slider while staring at the ornament.

"Put it on the tree," Slider kissed the top of Ice's head, "there's a gap right in the center made just for it." 

"You can say perfect," Ice took the ornament from Mav's hand and put it in the spot, "this is perfect.. Or what it should be."

"What do you mean?" Mav looked over at it.

"This Christmas, this tree, this-" he gestured to the house and them, "this is the perfect Christmas, in all of its imperfect glory." 

"Imperfectly perfect," Mav chuckled.

"It works," Ice took Mav's hand and Slider's, "We work." 

"Yes, we do," Slider kissed his lips, "Merry Christmas, Baby."

"Merry Christmas." 

I'm so happy you're back! This was an amazing return, I love how well you write all of the characters and their emotions, each time you get me in the feels hahaha, i hope you continue to write more soon! I'll look forward to it ❤️

@RemedyBane you’re back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the email from A03 and about cried. I’ve missed your writing and you as a person!! I hope everything is okay in your world!!!!!