• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RemedyBane

• Mygyn

• Wolfwings22

• Loverofreading

I literally don’t even know how to put into words how much I adored that story with sneezy ice and slider. It was all I could hope for and so much more! I haven’t been able to stop reading it yet. It has got to be my favorite you’ve ever written (which is so hard to decide because I love legit all of them) It was incredible and has definitely kept me grounded before my infusion later. I know I’m rambling but I can’t get over how much I loved it. The entire night I wanted to post about how amazing it was but I couldn’t come up with anything in text other than excited squeals lol Incredible, amazing, and I couldn’t ask for anything better. I freaking loved it!! 

@Mygyn OXOXOXOXOXO

On 10/25/2022 at 10:06 PM, Loverofreading said:

Love!! Can’t wait for more :) 

Thank you! Here's more! XOXOXOXOXOXO

On 10/26/2022 at 6:29 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

I literally don’t even know how to put into words how much I adored that story with sneezy ice and slider. It was all I could hope for and so much more! I haven’t been able to stop reading it yet. It has got to be my favorite you’ve ever written (which is so hard to decide because I love legit all of them) It was incredible and has definitely kept me grounded before my infusion later. I know I’m rambling but I can’t get over how much I loved it. The entire night I wanted to post about how amazing it was but I couldn’t come up with anything in text other than excited squeals lol Incredible, amazing, and I couldn’t ask for anything better. I freaking loved it!! 

And yet you did this! Thank you so very much! I love your comments and requests so much! XOOXOXOXOXO

On 10/26/2022 at 11:25 AM, Kaitlynne said:

This is one of my favourite fics on this site!

Well hellooooooo Newbie! THank you so much this is such an honor!!!!!  Thank you for reading and commenting! It means so much to me, truly! XOXOXOXOXOXOX

Pride

Cyclone had a meeting with Iceman to discuss Maverick's most recent stunt. He was furious. Maverick had undermined his authority again, just to prove a point. He had no idea why Ice cared about what happened to Maverick other than them being in the same top gun class, he was at a loss. While he was actually mad at Maverick, he was really worried about seeing Ice. He had just gotten back from his 2nd bought of cancer. His fucking SECOND. Man defeated death more times than Cyclone could count. 

"What are you doing?" Maverick came into his office, raising a brow, "Get in trouble with your girlfriend?" 

"Excuse me?" Cyclone looked up at Maverick,not in the mood for his attitude.

"The flowers," he pointed to the bouquet on the side.

"If you must know," Cyclone rolled his eyes, "I thought I'd give Iceman something as a congratulations." 

"He's allergic," Maverick looked at the flowers like they offended him.

"Very funny, Mitchell," Cyclone went back to his report.

"I'm serious," Maverick came closer and examined the flowers, "he's really allergic to flowers." 

"How would you know that?" 

Mav wasn't about to out Iceman, or their love triangle with Slider, "I know Ice. Known him my whole career. I'm telling you, he's allergic." 

"You're just trying to make me look bad."

"I'm trying to keep my friend," he winced at the word. If Ice heard him say that, he'd be in the dog house fast, "from having an allergy attack."

"I know he's received many flowers in the past-"

"Which is immediately donated to the nearest hospitals and retirement communities," Mav rolled his eyes, "I don't mess around with this."

Cyclone looked at Maverick, then to the flowers, then back at Mav, "it's not in his file." 

"You've read his file?" Mav made a face.

"It's my job," Cyclone angrily took back the flowers, "go away."

"Don't bring the flowers!" Mav called before leaving the room, only to text Slider immediately, -Cyclone is gonna bring Ice flowers. He won't listen to me.-

-I wonder why,- Slider texted back fast, -I can't intercept, i'm nowhere near the base. You gotta get rid of them.-

-I'm already in the dog house here! I can't just throw the flowers out of a window!-

-Ice gets you out of destroying a billion dollar plane. You really think he can't fix that?-

-Fuuuuuuuck-

-You're so dramatic- Slider added a winky face afterwards.

-Ice is gonna be soooo mad at meeee-

-Not likely. I think he'd prefer not to have an allergy attack in front of an admiral.-

-Cyclone's a huge fanboy, he'd probably grovel.-

-have you met Ice?-

-Good point.- Mav turned around to find that Cyclone was already gone, "fuck fuck fuck"

"What?" Rooster came over.

"Cyclone is bringing Ice flowers." 

"DId you tell him-"

"He didn't listen!"

"Pot, meet Kettle," Rooster sighed before walking towards the door, "Do you know where they're meeting?" 

"No," Mav whined, "and if I tell Ice what's happening, he's going to freak out." 

"Mav," Rooster furrowed his brow, "he can just tell Cyclone he's allergic."

"Have you met Ice?" Mav looked panicked, "He went into anaphylactic shock in a bathroom so he wouldn't bother people!"

"What?" Rooster looked mortified.

"Sometime I forget what you missed when you left." 

"You can guilt me later," Rooster ran to get his keys, "call Ice. Tell him we need him ASAP so we know his location."

"Call? CALL?" Mav was ready to smack him upside the head lovingly, "He can't talk, Bradley!"

"YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!" Rooster yelled back as he unlocked his car, "call his secretary. Call Sli, I don't care, just start dialing!"

"This is crazy," Mav immediately called his secretary, who, thankfully, told him where Ice was, "oh shit." 

"What now?" Rooster looked over at him for a second.

"He went home," Mav braced as Rooster did an illegal U-turn at the speed of sound, "Jesus!"

"Why did he go home? Did something happen?!"

"He felt really dizzy after a meeting and collapsed. Secretary almost called an ambulance."

"Is he ok?!" 

"Yeah, she said his blood pressure went up and was taken home," Mav sighed, "Hangman was there."

"JAKE?!"

"He caught him." 

"WHAT?!"

"He also drove Ice ho-woaah!" Mav grabbed the 'oh shit' handle as Rooster floored it, "Bradley!"

"They let him take him home?!" 

"He knew where we live!"

Bradley called Hangman who thankfully answered.

"Good Evening Bradley, miss me yet?" 

"Do NOT let Cyclone into the house!"

"Well hello to you too!"

"Shut the fuck up," Rooster ran a red light, scaring the shit out of Mav, "Cyclone didn't listen to Mav and is bringing flowers." 

"DAISIES!" 

"FUUUCK!" Rooster yelled, "Jake, I Swear to god if Ice stops breathing because you don't listen to me-"

"Woah! Pump the breaks," Hangman sighed, "Cyclone's not here. Ice is fine. I'll tell him to leave the flowers outside, ok? You know Ice is my hero. Why would I risk his health?" 

Rooster took a breathe and slowed down, "ok.. ok.. i'm sorry."

"It's ok," Jake watched a car pull in, "He's here."

"I'm almost home. Do NOT let him in. Ice is sick-"

"Really?I thought people normally pass out cold when their healthy." 

"JAKE!"

"Alright alright, relax," Jake shook his head, "How far are you?" 

"I don't know.. three minutes?" 

"How fast are you going?" Jake laughed, "Mav rubbing off on you, Bradshaw?" 

"Do NOT open that door," Rooster heard the familiar doorbell.

"I can't not answer it. I'm trying not to wake Ice up." 

"Don't!"

"He can see me, Rooster." 

"Flip him the bird or something."

"I'm hanging up now." Jake hung up and walked to the door, opening it, "Good afternoon, sir." 

"Seresin?" Cyclone looked confused, "Why are you here?" 

"Playing nursemaid, sir," Jake smiled, all arrogance and full of cockiness. 

"Where's Admiral Kazansky?" 

"I'm sorry, patient-nurse confidentiality-"

"Move," Cyclone pushed Seresin out of the way, "what did you do?" 

"Me?" Hangman ran over to get in front of Cyclone, "this is illegal trespassing." 

"I have a meeting.' 

"Impossible," Hangman put his leg out to block the entire space, "He's out sick today." 

"He met with the secretary of the Navy this morning." 

"Then he's out sick this afternoon," He turned Cyclone around, "Reschedule, and leave the first date flowers for someone who's single." 

Cyclone got angry and turned back around, flipping Hangman around, pushing him onto the couch so he could find Ice, "Admiral? Sir?"

"He's indisposed at the moment!" Hangman got off the couch to run after him, "This is seriously a breach of...something." 

"Sir?!" 

There was some coughing from down the hall and Iceman came out in his blue sweater, leaning heavily on a cane. He looked disoriented and fatigued, eyes not really seeing Cyclone.

"Sir," Cyclone stood at attention, "We have a meeting at this time, 13 hundred, sir."

Ice furrowed his brow, just as Hangman ran over and took his other arm, "I...member.." He shook his head slightly.

"Sir?" Cyclone took a step closer just as Rooster and Maverick burst through the door.

"SIMPSON!" Rooster almost ran into the younger admiral and grabbed the flowers, throwing them in the garbage, "what part of 'allergic' confused you?!" 

"Roo?"  Ice didn't have his glasses on, going only by the voices.

"Ice?" Rooster turned around, stomach falling as he saw how bad Ice looked, "shit." 

"That was true?" Cyclone looked horrified, realizing now that Mav was clenching his fists like he wanted to punch him, "forgive me, admiral-" 

"Don't talk to him," Rooster grabbed him by the ear and pulled Cyclone into the living room, "Mav! Throw the flowers away!" 

Jake grabbed Ice's waist as the man started to go limp, "He's fainting again!" 

Mav dropped the flowers and rushed over, taking Ice into his arms, "it's ok... I've got you. Just rest." 

Jake took Ice's cane and placed it against the wall, "bed?" 

"Bed," Mav agreed before picking up half of Ice as Jake grabbed his legs. It was kind of awkward, Ice being light enough that either one of them could have carried him,but they wanted to be helpful. 

They put Ice to bed, but Mav stayed with him, touching his forehead, "Tell Roo he has a fever." 

Jake lingered in the doorway, "he wasn't ready to go back." 

"Yeah," Mav kissed Ice's forehead, "He wasn't. But they don't care," 

"They?" 

Mav shook his head, "it's nothing. Go help Bradley." 

The minute Jake was gone, Ice wiggled his nose and sneezed weakly against Mav's chest, "tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tch-tch-tch-tch'uh.' 

"Sorry, baby," Mav wiped the underside of Ice's nose with his sleeve before taking his clothes off and throwing them in the hamper, "Cyclone brought flowers in. Guess I got some pollen on me." 

Ice weakly opened his eyes and sighed, "Mav?" 

"I'm right here, baby," Mav crawled into bed with him, "I've got you. Come here, baby." 

Ice coughed into Mav's chest as he let sleep overtake him.

While Ice was getting some much needed rest, Bradley was laying into Cyclone hard enough to make Jake nervous.

Of course, Rooster didn't want Ice to hear, so he was speaking softly, but with such a tight tone, that it was more threatening than if he had been yelling, "When someone tells you someone is allergic, you don't do it! Lie or not!"

"I didn't think-"

"Exactly!" Rooster whisper yelled, "you didn't think!" 

"Lieutenant-" 

"No!" Rooster pushed him into the couch, "You have no rank here. You have no right to pull that shit with me. You KNEW my Uncle was recovering from cancer! You knew he was weak and sick and you still decided to gamble with an allergy. As if that's something he needs right now. What if that had sent him into anaphylactic shock? What if he couldn't breathe, Beau? What would you have done then?!" 

"I'm sorry-" 

"I don't want your fucking apology," Rooster almost hit him, if Jake hadn't intervene with a hand on his arm, "you hate Mav so much, you were willing to risk someone else's health for your pride," Rooster looked disgusted, "You call Mav the reckless one, but he never ever puts someone at risk on purpose. He would never gamble with someone's life for his own pride. He cares about people. He brought everyone home," he looked Cyclone up and down, "and you couldn't throw some stupid dollar store flowers in the trash. You're pathetic."

Jake looked between the two like it was the best thing he had ever seen. If there was popcorn, Jake would be eating it without shame.

Neither of them moved for what felt like a long time, but eventually, Cyclone gave in and stood up, "I know you don't want my apology, but please, let me start my amends." 

"don't want your apology," Rooster raised a brow, "but i'm sure Mav would love one." 

Cyclone visibly recoiled at this.

"There's that pride again," Jake piped up, "Nasty little bugger."

Cyclone took a deep breathe, "Fine. I will apologize to Maverick."

"I'll see if he's available," Rooster looked at Jake, "watch him." 

"Got it," Jake winked at Rooster, "that was hot, by the way." 

Rooster smacked him with a pillow before walking towards Ice's bedroom. When he opened the door, he found Mav, holding Ice and stroking his hair, giving him kisses intermittently as Ice struggled to sleep soundly. The wheezes and coughs made Rooster want to curl up in a ball and cry.

Mav turned his head towards Bradley, "He's asleep. Just congested." 

"Did he catch something?" Rooster came closer and fixed the covers to be around them.

"Probably," Mav kissed Ice's head again, "explains the fever and chills." 

Rooster took a deep breathe, trying to calm down, "He had those with the cancer too, Mav." 

"True, but not like this," Mav's eyes had tears in them, "He was just tired all the time. This time he's disoriented. Poor thing probably caught a virus." 

"I should have made him stay home," Rooster started crying, "He was just starting to feel ok-" 

"Hey," Mav took Rooster's hand and pulled him closer to the bed, "this is no one's fault. Recovery is a long road. You're doing everything you can." 

"I know," Rooster sat on the bed, "but I just feel.. awful." 

"I do too," Mav touched his own chest, where his heart would be, "His pain is our pain. We don't want him to suffer."

Rooster looked up at the ceiling and sniffed, something he got from growing up with Iceman, "Cyclone wants to apologize to you."

"I'm a little busy," Mav kissed Ice's forehead when Ice moaned, "let him sweat for a bit. I'll get my apology somewhere public. Make him squeal." 

Ice started coughing and woke up, trying to get up, and only doing so with Mav's help. It took him awhile to realize Bradley was sitting there, and slowly reached out to take his hand, "ok."

"You're really not, Pops," Rooster wiped his eyes.

Suddenly they all heard something thud against the floor.

"What the hell?" 

Jake came running in, "Slider's home." 

"Ohhh," Mav started laughing, "did he knock him out?" 

"One punch, out cold. I was awesome!" Jake sobered up quickly when he saw that Ice was awake, "sorry sir." 

Ice just leaned into Mav and smiled, "Ron..' 

"He's home, baby," Mav kissed his head, "What happened?" 

"He just came in, looked at Cyclone, who tried to apologize to him, then for some reason, also apologized for Ice's cancer and saying how hard he thought it was to take care of him, and Slider just lost it." 

"DId he use the words: Burden? Strain? or say something that would imply that Slider was suffering too?" 

"All of the above," Jake nodded.

"That'll do it," Rooster actually smiled, "That really pisses of Sli." 

"No shit,"Jake laughed shortly.

Ron came in, "fucker really had the nerve to say I was a 'saint' to take care of my 'pilot'. What a fucking asshole!" 

"You are definitely not a saint," Mav teased, "you are the worst human on the planet, how dare you take care of your sick husband?" 

"I'm going to punch his teeth out if he ever says Ice is a... bur.. hmm no," Slider shook his head and took Ice's face in his hands, kissing him face all over, "ugh, I love you so much. My angel, my love, my life."

Mav mouthed to jake, "Saintly."

"aw, baby you have a fever," Slider laid Ice back down, "hmm." 

"He's out of it." 

"He probably doesn't know i'm here-" 

"He said Ron when you came in the house," Mav kissed Ron's shoulder, "He knows." 

"And Ice thinks he's not romantic," Slider bent back down and kissed Ice, "I love you, I love you, I love you." 

Ice put a hand on Slider's chest, ring finger and middle down, while the others were up, signing 'i love you'. 

Mav rolled his eyes, "kids are in the room." 

Slider turned back around, "oh please. We've done worse in front of Bradley." 

"Wait what?" Rooster looked shocked.

Mav burst out laughing, while Slider just started kissing Mav all over.

"Gross!' Rooster got up, "come on, Jake-" 

"Grow up, Bradshaw. You mad Mav gets more action than you do?" 

"They're together, Jake," Rooster pushed him out of the door, "You aren't exactly the stud you think you are, Bagman. When's the last time you had sex?" 

"When was yours?" 

They both stared at each other before shaking their heads.

"Ok no," Rooster grabbed his keys, "We should take him home." 

"Can we drag him there?" 

"That's a lot of evidence," Rooster picked up Cyclone's upper half, "Grab his feet. We'll break in and put him on his couch and maybe he'll think this was all a bad dream."

"You had me at breaking in," Jake winked before taking his legs and helping Rooster get to his car, "Probably not the best time to tell you that you're running low on gas." 

Bradley sighed, "Fuck."

Yes yes yes this was so good! The way that everyone is so protective with Ice especially Mav and then having ice sneeze into his chest while hangman and rooster are dealing with cyclone just amazing! Awesome as always! Can’t wait for more!

Cyclone is not my fav. Character but you did An awesome job reminding me why i dislike him so much. Hitting on Mav and Sliders man tisk tisk. And flowers lord knows ice doesn’t need those or does he 😏

Pneumonia Part 1:

Shore leave. Normally everyone's favorite time, especially when it had been months since most could see their family. The thing was, Ice hated his family. He had been abused his whole life, and he was just now figuring that out, thanks to Slider. Now he was standing, bag over his shoulder, as his father stood in front of his truck, waiting for him.

"You're late," his father growled.

"Forgive me, father," He put his head down, throwing his stuff in the back of the truck, "I have no excuse, sir." Of course, he did. the Ship was late to dock, and Ice had sprinted to go find his dad, but it was too late.

"Do your superiors accept your laziness? Tardiness?" 

"No, sir," Ice stood tall and straight.

"Good," The dad grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him close, giving him a hug, confusing Ice, "Your mother asked me to do this for her. She's with her mother." 

"Thank you, sir." The hug was far too quick, and Ice wished he could latch on to the only affection he'd received from his father in over a decade.

"Let's not make this a habit," The man looked disgusted, "Get in the car." 

"Yes sir," Ice ran to the other side, carefully closing the door behind him, less he get in trouble for slamming it. 

-----------------------

By the end of the leave, he had bruises up and down his body and one hell of a shiner over his right eye. He felt sick to his stomach, having already thrown up this morning. He dreaded going back, knowing he'd be sent to med bay the second his CO saw the cut on his lip and swollen eye. He couldn't wear his sunglasses on forever. 

"Kazansky!" THe CO in question came over as he was checking back in, "Come with me." 

Ice turned to look at him and follow, when his CO grabbed his back and slung it over his shoulder without a word about it, "Sir?" 

"Come on," The CO didn't let him take his bag back, and walked off quickly.

Ice caught up quickly, swallowing down the bile in his throat. He internally groaned when he saw Med Bay upahead, "sir-"

"Don't lie to me, Thomas," the CO's voice was soft, which frightened Ice more, "I can't make you tell me what really happened, but please don't lie to me. Don't tell me you're not hurt. That you're not sick."

"i-" Ice felt a little dizzy and held the wall.

The CO grabbed him, only to see Ice wince, "bastard broke ribs." 

"No one-"

"Don't lie to me, Iceman," The CO helped him to a bed and laid him down, "Kerner is on his way now. You've got a fever."

"Don't bother him, sir-" 

"Bother me?" Slider came inside and sat down on the bed, "shit, Tom." 

"I'm fi-uh," A splitting headache blurred his vision and he closed his eyes.

"Tom?" Slider took off his sunglasses and held his face in his hands, "when did he hit you? Did he hit you today? Ice, I need to know if you might have a concussion." 

The CO was yelling for a medical Doctor to show up.

"My.. fault-" Ice sat up quickly and threw up over the side before his eyes rolled back into his head, fainting.

"Tom?" Slider shook his shoulders, "TOM?!" 

The med team took them away and he was wheeled away to be examined. It took much longer than Ice or the CO would have liked, but eventually someone came over to tell them of Ice's condition.

"7 broken ribs, a broken eye socket, and a concussion," The doctor saw the look in Slider's eyes and frowned, "he's going to recover, but he's very fragile."

The CO stood up, "I need a word with him-" 

"He won't tell you," Slider looked up at the CO, "It was his old man, James Kazansky," Slider's jaw clenched, "I'm willing to testify to it." 

"We can't go after him legally without Ice's cooperation," The CO gave Slider a look that said he was gonna have a word with daddy dearest.

"I've got Ice." 

"You always do," The CO left.

--------------------------

It was several days before Slider could bring him home. Thankfully, they were officially done with their time on the ship and were dropped off Miramar, where their house was. Ice was still in so much pain, and could barely eat, that Slider was mostly carrying him to the car waiting for them, driven by Maverick.

"Shit," Maverick whispered under his breath before running over to them, "when you said it was bad.." 

"I meant it," Slider helped Ice into the car, kissing his forehead when Ice moaned, "almost done." 

"I brought this," Mav handed Slider a still cold Ice-pack, "might feel good." 

Slider put it on Ice's head, glad to see Ice move into it, "better?" 

"hmmm," Ice held it slightly down towards his eye.

"OK," Slider got in through the other side and held Ice's hands, "lets go home, babe." 

Mav was very careful with how he drove, not wanting to jostle Ice.

When they got home, Iceman was fast asleep, head against Slider's shoulder. Slider ended up carrying him inside the house and putting him to bed. Their CO had them all on extended leave because if how bad Ice was. They were the only ones the CO trusted to take care of Ice, and he had no intention of trusting another one of Ice's 'family' members.

Mav came into the room with two cups of coffee, "figured you'd need it." 

Slider took the coffee and hugged Mav, "missed you." 

"I missed you too," He kissed Slider and sighed, "How's Ice doing mentally?" 

"Worse than usual," Slider rested his head against Mav's, "he's doing really bad, Pete." 

"Ok," he rubbed Slider's back, "we gotta hide the sharp stuff." 

"Yeah," Slider let go and wiped his eyes, not having realized he had been crying, "no belts.." 

"We can't get rid of sheets.." 

"Just gotta stay with him," Slider sniffed and walked into the kitchen, moving the knives and scissors to on top of the cabinets, something only Slider could reach.

"One problem," Mav frowned, "If we can't cook, or let him cook, we have to get takeout." 

"ok?" 

"Do you really think Ice is going to eat Pizza or Pad-Thai?" 

"Good Point," Slider sighed, "I can't think." 

"hmm," Ice was slowly walking into the room, "M..v.?" 

"Hey, handsome," Pete came closer and kissed his cheek, "right here, baby." 

Ice hugged Pete and buried his face in his neck, "pain." 

"You're in pain?" Mav kissed his head, "ok. Can I give you some tylenol? Or do you mean achy?" 

"Both?" 

"Ok, Tylenol will help. Do you want to take a bath with me?" 

"uhuh," Ice sniffed and started to put more weight on Mav.

"Are you fainting?" Mav held as tightly as he dared, "Ron?"

Slider came over and wrapped an arm around Ice's waist, "yup, he's passing out." 

"Damn," Mav took Ice's top half while Slider grabbed the bottom half and walked him to the couch, "this concussion is really bad."

"No," Ron shook his head, "It's a mild concussion. He's passing out from the pain." 

"He's sweating." 

"Fever," Ron sat down in a chair and put his head in his hands, "God.." 

"There's nothing you could have done-"

"I shouldn't have let him get in that truck!" 

"How could you have stopped him?" Pete put his hands on his hips, "You weren't even there-"

"I Should have been!!!" Slider stood up and kicked the chair, sending it across the room, ignoring the gash now on his leg, "I should have been there with him. I should have made him come with me!" 

"You know Ice," Pete grabbed a wet cloth and came over to clean up Slider's leg, "He wouldn't want you in the middle." 

"I want to be in the middle," Slider was crying, "I want to be between them. I want to take the punches. I want to take the kicks, the insults, the abuse. Not Ice. He can't handle it. I can take it." 

"Take it, or dish it back?" Pete stood back up, looking Slider in the eyes, "his dad is a manipulative bastard. Ice is afraid he'll get you to do something you regret and make it look like you're the villain. Of course he doesn't want you to get in trouble."

Slider took a deep breathe, "how can they hurt him? How?" 

"I don't know," Mav pulled him in for a hug and let him cry into his shoulder, "I don't know, babe." 

----------------------------

"Sli?" Ice's voice was weak, his body shaking with chills that wouldn't leave him alone.

"yeah?" Slider turned around the see him, "you're shaking." 

"Don't..feel well," Ice wiped his brow, feeling really weak.

"What's wrong?" Slider was the verge of panic, coming over and touching his forehead, "wow, you're burning up." 

Ice was breathing shallowly, "can't.. breathe." 

"What?!" Slider put his ear to his chest, "PETE!" 

Ice started coughing and leaning against Slider heavily.

Pete ran into the room, looking terrified, "What happened?!" 

"Get the car, Ice needs a hospital." 

"What?!" Mav grabbed his keys and got the door.

Slider picked Ice and and ran over to the car, "I think he's got an infection from his broken ribs." 

"He has Pneumonia?!" Mav hopped into the car and drove out of the driveway quickly, "can he breathe?" 

"Not well," Slider rubbed Ice's back as he coughed again, "I think fluid is getting into his lungs." 

"Shit!" Mav hit the gas, "Ron, I'm rethinking our previous conversation." 

"So am I," He kissed Ice's head, trying to calm him down.

"Wh..at?" Ice wheezed.

"Nothing, baby," Slider held him close, "it's going to be ok, baby. It's fine." 

"tired.." 

"Don't fall asleep," Slider picked his chin up, "baby, stay with me." 

"Sick.." 

Mav felt his throat close up. Ice never admitted that he was sick, ever, "just hold on, Ice. we're almost there." 

"It's going to be ok, baby," Slider kept kissing his head, "we're going to fix this, ok? You'll be home in no time. Thank you for telling me." 

Ice held onto Slider's shirt tightly, looking scared, "hurts.." 

"I"m so sorry," Slider was holding back tears, "the doctors will help you soon, ok?"

Ice started coughing again, thicker than before, spasms sending waves of pain through him.

"Mav hurry up!" Slider saw something fall into his lap, "Is that blood?" 

"Blood?!" Mav turned into the hospital at lightning speed, scaring the shit out of everyone around, "We need help!"

A gurney came out and nurses wheeled Ice into the hospital, asking the boys hundreds of questions, which only Slider could answer. It was then that they realized there was more blood on Slider than they previously thought.

"Oh god.." Slider looked down.

"His stitches must have opened," Mav ripped off Slider's shirt, as Slider started freaking out, "It's ok. They're gonna fix Ice. Just breathe, it's ok." 

"Sir, he's going to be fine," the nurse helped Slider into a chair, who was hyperventilating, "It's going to be ok." 

Slider was pressing on his chest hard.

Mav noticed and took his hands, holding them to his own, "Ice is going to be fine. They're going to give him some antibiotics, and he's going to come home. Just breathe. They've got this."

"They've got this." 

"Yeah," Mav kissed his hands, "Hey, it's going to be ok." 

"He's ok..' 

"Yeah," Mav sat down in Slider's lap and chuckled when Slider latched onto him like a teddy bear, "it's all ok." 

"I want Ice.." 

"I know," Mav scratched the back of Slider's neck, "give then some time to patch him up. Then we can see him." 

"ok," Slider took some deep breaths, keeping his face in Mav's neck, "he's ok.. he's ok." 

"That's right, baby. He's ok." Mav kissed his forehead, "just breathe." 

On 10/28/2022 at 1:21 PM, Wolfwings22 said:

Yes yes yes this was so good! The way that everyone is so protective with Ice especially Mav and then having ice sneeze into his chest while hangman and rooster are dealing with cyclone just amazing! Awesome as always! Can’t wait for more!

So glad you like it! Thank you! XOXOX

On 10/28/2022 at 8:23 PM, Mygyn said:

Cyclone is not my fav. Character but you did An awesome job reminding me why i dislike him so much. Hitting on Mav and Sliders man tisk tisk. And flowers lord knows ice doesn’t need those or does he 😏

I'd ask if Cyclone is anyone's favorite but lets be honest... there's gotta be someone. I hate Cyclone, hence my need to make him pay lol! So glad we can bash on him together xoxoxoxoxoxox and oh hell yeah Ice needs some flowers in his face. Seems like a total Maverick mistake to make lol. Remind me by sending me a DM please! OXOXO

Pneumonia part 2: 

The Doctors ended up draining some liquid from his lungs and patching up his stitches that he had ripped in transit. He was diagnosed with Pneumonia and given medicine to help him breathe and fight the infection. He was barely conscious for any of it, and the next thing he remembered, he was home in bed, with a very worried Mav and Slider cuddled close to him.

They must have fallen asleep when they got home from the hospital. He didn't want to wake them, but he couldn't breathe, needing to cough. His need for air won over his fear of being punished, and he lifted a hand to coughing harshly. His lungs rattled with every breathe and cough, making a horrible hacking noise.

Of course, Slider and Mav instantly woke up and helped him sit up so he could get rid of the phlegm in his lungs. The coughing sent waves of pain throughout his chest and he felt like he was having a heart attack.

"Just breathe through it," Mav winced at how ridiculous that sounded, "cough it out." 

Ice wanted to glare at him, but he couldn't even open his eyes.

Slider patted his back hard, insides tensing as he knew it was probably hurting Ice more.

The strong hand on his back helped Ice cough up some phlegm into some tissues. Once it was over, he felt so much better and slumped into Slider's arms.

"I've got you," Slider held him close and kissed his head, "I'm so sorry, baby." 

"For.. what?" Ice coughed again.

"For your pain," Slider kissed his cheek, "you're so cold." 

"I feel cold," Ice shivered and pulled the blankets further up.

"Mav, grab some heating pads?"

Mav jumped out of bed and ran to do as he was told.

"Now only if he could be that obedient at work," Slider chuckled, going back to kissing Ice's head.

"Wouldn't.. be our.. Mav," Ice grinned and put his face in Slider's neck, "you like.. the push.. back." 

"Not this much," he teased, "what can I do to make you feel better?" 

Ice hatred this question but answered anyway, "Don't.. go." 

"I wouldn't even think about it," Slider rubbed his arms, "how's your head?" 

"Fuzzy," Ice sniffed, "hard.. to focus." 

"Yeah, that's the concussion," Slider felt Ice start to go limp, "Want to go back to sleep?" 

"uhuh," Ice was already half asleep.

"Ok," Slider chuckled and laid back down with him.

--------------

For several days, Ice was too sick to do much other than sleep and eat soup. Slider was sure that it was because of his concussion, but towards the end of the week, when Ice still refused to eat much, complaining about nausea, he knew something else was up. He had somehow grown weaker, even though his pneumonia was clearing up nicely. His color had all but drained from his face, and his eyes were clouded over, not truly seeing. It scared Mav and worried Slider.

Mav pulled Slider into the kitchen, needed answers, "What's going on?" 

"Depression," Slider ran his hand along his chest, trying to calm down, "PTSD, Anxiety, Burn Out, take your pick."

"Ok.." Mav was clearly not ok with it, "now what are you doing?" 

"What?" 

"Are you having a heart attack?" 

"No?" 

"Then why are you pressing on your chest like that," Mav took Slider's hands and looked worriedly up at him.

"Just wanted pressure," Slider took a breathe, "it's not painful. Just helps keep me grounded." 

"You're not hurting yourself?" 

"God, no," Slider took his hand back and pulled Mav closer, doing the same thing to Mav's chest, "Does that hurt?" 

"No," Mav looked down at his hand, "kinda feels nice." 

"That's all I'm doing," he cleared his throat and put his hands down, "just helps." 

"Ok," Mav hugged Slider, burying his face in his chest, "this is insane." 

"What is?" 

"The pneumonia, his dad beating the life out of him," Mav was shaking, "and the fact that he still goes back?" 

"Ever heard of Stockholm syndrome?" 

"Does that even apply? He wasn't kidnapped?" 

"I'm no expert, but I feel like it's something similar? Maybe he's holding onto the idea of what a father should be. Maybe he thinks he deserves the beatings. Maybe he's too scared to leave completely. I have no idea, i'm just doing my best, here."

"Your best is more than enough," Mav kissed his lips lightly, "we shouldn't leave him alone for this long."

"Yeah," Slider rubbed his eyes before walking with Mav to the bedroom. 

Thankfully, Ice was still fast asleep, mouth open as he tried to get as much air as he could. His previously black eyes was now all green and purple, healing, but still alarming to look at. 

"He seems so innocent asleep," Mav tilted his head.

"Really?" 

"You don't see it?" 

Slider bit his bottom lip, "he looks.. hurt." 

"Well, the bruise isn't helping much." 

"Not what I mean," Slider shrugged, "I guess it could be innocence, but when he sleeps, it's the only time I can see how he really feels. He's not Iceman when he's asleep. He's little Thomas Kazansky, the kid who never got to be innocent. The kid who felt more pain than most people do their whole lives. He just always looks in so much pain." 

"Wow," Mav leaned against Slider, "I see it now." 

Ice's hands started to clench and unclench, gripping the side of the mattress and blankets.

"He's having a nightmare," Slider moved closer so fast that Maverick almost fell, "Tom? Baby, wake up." 

Ice grabbed Slider's shirt and opened his eyes. For a brief moment, he looked terrified, like he was expecting his father to be sitting there, eyes full of betrayal and fear that any young child would have the first time their parent hits them. That was probably what he was having a nightmare about; His father.

"Hey, baby, it's me," Slider took Ice's hand and kissed it, watching as Ice's eyes went back to his normal Icey tone, "hey."

"Hey," Ice frowned and pulled Slider closer, "I'm sorry-" 

"No apologizing for having a nightmare," Slider held him to his chest and rocked him for a bit, "I love you, so much, Tom."

"I love you too," Ice relaxed against Slider's chest, "I love you." 

"Do you want me to lie down with you?" 

"No," Ice pulled away a bit, "I don't want to sleep anymore." 

"What do you want to do?" Slider kept his hands, hoping to keep him calm.

Ice took a few breathes, still on the verge of panicking, "just want to.. be awake."

"Alright," Slider rubbed his leg, "do you want to talk?" 

Ice shook his head, "no." 

"Ok, You don't have to-" 

"Someone's at the door," Mav interrupted him and frowned.

"How could you see that?" 

"I saw a shadow by the window." 

Slider got up, clearly in defense mode, "Mav, stay with Ice." 

"Yeah, ok," Mav sat down on the bed and took Ice's hand as Slider went to the door.

Slider got halfway there before he heard someone knocking, and with the intensity of it, it might not have been their first knock, "I'm coming! Relax!" 

Slider opened the door to see the CO standing there, looking intense, but unofficial in his civilian attire, "Sir?" 

"Forgive the intrusion, Kerner, but I came to check on Kazansky." 

"He's got pneumonia from an infection due to some broken ribs, now isn't a good time," Slider didn't have the energy to be tactful.

"Pneumonia?" The CO actually looked worried, and clenched his fist.

It was then that Slider saw that his knuckles had cuts on them, "What happened?" 

"Nothing you need to worry about, son," He put his hands in his pockets.

Slider knew and came outside, closing the door behind him, whispering, "Did you beat up his father?" 

"Why are you whispering?" 

"Because if Ice hears this he's going to lose it!"

"Excuse me?"

"Did you or did you not, beat up Mr. Kazansky?"

"I merely put him in his place-" 

"You do know that next time he sees Ice, it's going to come back to him, right? he's going to be punished for it. He's going to get a worse beating than he just got," Slider wanted to push him, but stopped himself, "I understand sir, that you did so to protect Ice, but this is just going to make things worse." 

"You're forgetting," The CO stepped closer to Slider, "he never has to go back to that man, ever." 

"I can't force him to stay here.. and I'm not around all the time-" 

"Mitchell is," the CO nodded his head towards the motorcycle, "and I know you have all gotten close with the Bradshaws." 

"Ice would never want to be a burden-" 

"Since when have you ever let him think he was?" 

"Never, sir," Slider looked angry at the insinuation, "He could never be-" 

"so you see my point," The CO nodded at the window, seeing Mitchell looking at him with concern, "He's good people. I just want him safe." 

"He's safe with me." 

"Now that is something we both agree on," the CO held out his hand, "if he ever needs anything. He was always my favorite." 

Slider shook his hand, "That was obvious, sir." 

"Good," the CO smiled before turning and leaving.

The second he was gone, Mav opened the door, "what the fuck just happened?" 

Slider shook his head, "how's Ice?" 

"Sick," Mav rolled his eyes, "why was he here?" 

"To check on Ice," Slider came inside, "I told him it wasn't a good time-" 

Ice was standing in the doorway, "You're upset." 

"No, baby," Slider walked over and kissed Ice, "I'm not upset." 

"You're angry," Ice put a hand on his chest and rubbed circles, like Slider was doing to himself earlier, "what happened? Who was at the door?" 

"Just our CO, wanting to check on you-" he saw Ice start to panic, "hey, no, everything's ok. He was just worried about your concussion. No one's upset with you. He was really worried, just like I am, and Mav. He wanted to make sure you were taken care of- which is perfectly normal, and healthy, and good." 

Ice shook his head and moaned, "'s not good.." 

"Baby-" 

"not good," Ice was hyperventilating, "hmm..no.." 

"You're having a panic attack, Tom, you need to breathe," Slider held onto him as Ice started to go down.

"Not suppose to get sick.. can take it.. can take the hits.. i'm fine." 

"ok ok," Slider sat on the floor with him and held him close, "it's ok. You're fine, everything's fine." 

Ice started coughing, not caring to cover as his panic clouded his judgement. Thankfully, Slider could not have cared less than he did right now, and just rocked him as he coughed and freaked out against his chest.

"It's ok, just breathe. You're doing great," Slider gave him kisses and positive reassurances, hoping to calm him down.

Mav just stood there dumbfounded. This was the first time he'd seen Ice panic. Ice wasn't supposed to panic. He was Ice Cold, No Mistakes. That was his motto.

"stop stop," Slider was grabbing onto his hands, "you're hurting yourself, stop it." 

Mav sprung into action and slid down next to Ice and Slider, grabbing his legs and stopping himself from putting pressure on his ankle. The way Ice tried to claw at his own skin made his heart hurt. There were already angry lines on his neck, and Ice was so tense, he might as well have been frozen. 

"There's nothing wrong with you," Slider just calmly kept kissing his head, "you're perfect. You don't need to get out of your skin. You don't need the pain. Just breathe and hold onto me. Feel me, ok? Can you hear my heartbeat? Can you feel my kisses?" He kept kissing his head, "Just feel me. You're ok." 

Eventually, Ice stopped being so tense and loosened up. Slider let go of his hands when he calmed down and started to rub his chest, like he had done to himself earlier, "Good job. I'm so proud of you." 

"You did great," Mav didn't know what else to say, and just rubbed his legs; massaging them.

Ice just closed his eyes and breathed heavily against Slider.

Suddenly there was another knock on the door and Mav jumped, "What is going on?" 

"Go find out," Slider nodded towards the door.

Mav ran over and opened the door, ready to curse someone out, when he saw Carol. His whole body relaxed, "Carol.. thank God." 

"Slider called me," She was holding baby Bradley and came in, "said Ice was sick, so I brought soup." 

"You didn't have to do that-" 

"Now's not a good time, Carole," Slider just held Ice tighter, less he panic.

"Now is the perfect time, Ron," She put Bradley down, "Hey, baby, Uncle Ice isn't feel well. I think he could use some hugs, what do you think?" 

Bradley was more than happy to run over, and jumping into Ice's lap, instantly hugging him, "Icey!" 

"Hi," Iceman slowly held onto him, running his fingers through his soft hair, "what.. are you doing.. here?" 

"Mommy said you were sick," Bradley grabbed Ice's face and kissed his cheek, "you're all warm!" 

"He's got a fever, kiddo," Ron relaxed as Ice went into Uncle mode; instantly putting all focus on him instead of the panic that set in.

"He needs to medicine!" Bradley looked over at his mother, "mama! He needs some healing soup!" 

"Healing soup?" Ice chuckled a bit.

"Why are you on the ground?" 

"Ice got all dizzy, buddy," Slider didn't want to tell the kid the truth, "needed to sit down.' 

"oooh the fuzzies are bad!" Bradley put his hand on his forehead, "yup, got the fuzzies?" 

"The fuzzies?" Ice questioned.

"He can't say vertigo yet so he calls it the fuzzies," Carole came over with a small chuckle, "You ok, honey?" 

"I'm ok," Ice lied, kissing Bradley's hand, "you didn't have to come." 

"Of course we did," She shook her head, "you're family, Thomas. We aren't going to leave you here with Maverick. I love him to bits, but a rock could make better soup." 

Ice actually laughed a bit before coughing into his arm, "that I believe." 

"Almost burned down the house last time," Ron kissed Ice's head, glad he was calming down quicker with Bradley there.

"Come on," Carole took Bradley in her arms, "you, Icey, need to go back to bed and cool down."

Icey was the nickname Bradley called him when he first heard Maverick call him Ice instead of Tom. At the time, Bradley couldn't really say his Ts and sometimes called him "Dom". Icey was much easier.

It didn't take long to get Ice to fall back asleep in bed, cuddled with Bradley on his chest. They both fell asleep quickly and Carole, Mav, and Slider could talk in the kitchen.

"That was all his father?" Carole was flabbergasted and so disgusted she wanted to puke.

"Yeah," Slider shivered, "It's not even the worst I've seen him."

"What?" Mav and Carole said in unison.

"Sh," Slider nodded to the door, "thin walls." 

"So what was the worst you've seen him?" Mav was almost too afraid to ask.

"Unconscious, and not breathing," Slider swallowed back bile, "His dad said he wanted to bring him something he left at home, I didn't know about the abuse yet, and so I left him alone," Slider looked almost green, "and when I came back, there was so much blood on Ice and his father was gone. I called an ambulance and did CPR, " Slider started rubbing his chest, "Scariest moment of my life."

"Oh, honey," Carole came closer and hugged Slider, "you poor thing." 

"His dad left him to die?" 

"I couldn't prove it," Slider sniffed, "Ice wouldn't tell me what happened, but I knew."

"He should be arrested," Mav slammed his hand on the table.

"Good luck getting Ice to testify," Slider sighed, "i've been trying for years. It's not worth the fight."

"Has he eaten?" Carole frowned, "you mentioned an eating disorder." 

"A little here and there," Slider let go and moved away, "He says he's been nauseas." 

"Once he wakes up, he's eating food. We all know he can't skip meals when Bradley's here," Carole pursed her lips.

"Yeah," Mav nodded, "he's too afraid of Bradley ending up like him."

"It's a good distraction, but he'll never talk about it if Bradley's here. He'll keep his facade on." 

"And right now, that might be just what he needs. Let him heal physically before mentally," Carole rubbed Slider's arm, "just give him time."

"He'll never feel safe until we can guarantee his dad will never hurt him again," Mav winced, "if we can even call him that." 

"I know," Slider pressed hard against his chest, "I just want him to be able to breathe without freaking out." 

"In time, honey," Carole smiled, "he'll be ok." 

"I hope so," Slider slumped back against the counter, "I don't think I could live without him." 

"We know," Carole squeezed his hand, "but he's not going anywhere. We're all making sure of that." 

Slider nodded.

"Now come sit on the couch and rest. You're running yourself ragged!" 

"I'm fine-" 

"Now don't start that," carole frowned, "Tom will be fine if you take a little break. I've got it from here." 

"Ice is.. difficult.' 

"Well so am I," Carole put a blanket over Slider, "rest. we can handle him." 

Slider nodded, eyes already closing.

"Good night, honey," Carole kissed the top of his head as he fell fast asleep.

Awwwww baby goose and Carol!!!!!!!!!! I think this has been one of my favourite chapters seeing slider get support from Mav and Carol coming into save the day 🥰 

On 10/31/2022 at 4:47 PM, Mygyn said:

Awwwww baby goose and Carol!!!!!!!!!! I think this has been one of my favourite chapters seeing slider get support from Mav and Carol coming into save the day 🥰 

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Carole really is the GOAT!

Request: I have another small request whenever you get to it or want to. Can we learn more about Ice’s past with his suicide attempts as you mentioned in this chapter? It doesn’t have to be anything to crazy but just hearing more about it.

Yes, yes I can. So, trigger warning everyone.

Ok, but that Lady gaga song really hits hard...

Hold My Hand

The Dagger Squad got some back news, that only a few really understood. A man that they had known a little, someone on crew, had killed themselves. Bradley took it the hardest. He tried to be kind and remember everyone's name. He knew his; Noah. He was a nice guy, and showed no signs of being depressed or even sad.. ever. He figured that was the point; not to draw suspicion.

It came to no one's shock that Hangman had no idea who that guy was, not even a picture jogged his memory. Bob was so enraged with how nonchalant he took it that Bob actually punched him in the face. It was shocking to say the least.

"How can you really not care about anyone?" Bob looked so heartbroken that it startled Hangman, "I man died today and you couldn't care less!"

"I don't know him-" 

"He's been with us the whole time you egotistical narcissist!" 

Phoenix had to pull Bob away before he punched him again.

"Jake, for once," Bradley came between then, "Shut the fuck up before we let Bob beat you up?' 

"Hell of a fucking swing, stealth pilot," Jake joked, earning him a hard slap upside the head from Maverick; who just came to the room.

"What did you do to make Bob hit you." 

"Nothing, sir," Jake stood up taller.

"disrespecting the dead," Bob was on the verge of tears, "being a huge asshole." 

"Sounds like him," Mav turned to Jake, pissed, "Cyclone's office. Now. I'm sending you back to sensitivity training. Don't make me call for a psych eval."

Bob stormed off and Phoenix immediately ran after him.

"Did Bob know Noah?" Mav looked at Bradley.

"I don't know," Bradley shrugged.

"Ok," Mav sighed, "everyone go home. Be with your loved ones." He really needed to go see Ice right now.

"Yeah," Bradley was the first to move, grabbing his shit and pulling Maverick towards the lockers, "I need to see Pops." 

"I was thinking the same thing," Mav shivered, "God, I think i'm going to throw up." 

-----------------------------

When they got home, Slider was holding Ice in the kitchen, just kissing his head and holding back tears.

"So you've heard," Mav stopped, frowning at how Slider jumped back, letting go of Ice, who just looked... sorry.

Ice cleared his throat, trying to not sound so sick, "I've sent my condolences to the family."

"Shit," Mav sat down on one of the chairs by the island, "He was so young." 

"I didn't even know he was depressed," Bradley was staring at Ice's wrists.

"You rarely do," Ice put his hands in his pockets, "there was nothing anyone could do, Bradley." 

"I know that." Bradley sighed, "doesn't make me feel any better." 

"I am sorry, Bradley," Ice knitted his brow.

"No, I'm sorry," Bradley came closer and hugged Ice, "I'm so sorry." 

"Why are you apologizing?" Ice rubbed his back, trying not to cough.

"I'm sorry about leaving. I'm sorry about yelling at Mav. I'm sorry for blaming all of you-" He stopped and just held Ice, clearly holding back what he wanted to say.

"You've apologized for that many times," Ice frowned and cleared his throat, "What are you not saying?" 

"I-" Bradley stepped back and took Ice's hands in his, "i'm sorry..for these," he lifted Ice's sleeves to see the many scars and burns on his skin, "i'm sorry about your parents, but also that you ever felt the need to... hurt yourself." 

Mav lifted his head up from where it was on the counter quickly, "Bradley-" 

"It's not your fault," Ice put a hand on Bradley's cheek, "That was a very long time ago-

"Can you promise me that none of this happened after you took me in?" 

Ice frowned, "I can."

"Really? No urges when I left?" 

"Roo," Ice rubbed his thumb over Ice's cheekbone, "I never ever hurt myself when you were with us. Nothing else mattered but you, and it's still true." 

Slider chimed in, "He's telling the truth, Roo. His last attempt was long before you."

"Ok," Bradley nodded quickly before hugging Ice tightly, "ok." 

Bradley didn't let got for some time, until Ice started to weaken. Instead of just letting go and helping him to the couch, Bradley picked him up, like Slider does and carried him to the couch while Slider went to grab his medicine.

"Are you ok?" Bradley touched Ice's forehead, "besides the cancer?" 

"Yes" Ice sighed, "just weak.

"Kicking Cancer's ass will do that to a guy," Bradley put a blanket over Ice's legs and made him comfortable, "Do you want to take a nap?" 

"I'm alright," Ice obediently took his many pills that Slider brought to him.

"I think you should get some rest anyway," Slider kissed the top of his head, "you have chemo later today." 

Ice nodded, eyes closing.

"Sleep well, my love," Slider kissed his lips before gesturing for Bradley and Mav to follow him into the den further into the house.

"YOu want to know about Ice's attempts, don't you." 

"I just want to understand why?" Bradley sat down hard on the couch, staring at Slider, "I don't get it."

"Thank God you don't," Mav sat down next to him and squeezed his thigh, "But this isn't my story to tell." 

They both look at Slider, who looked far more than reluctant.

"It's not my story either, and Ice is too sick-"

"But you were there for a few of them," Mav shrugged, "I was only there after."

"Doesn't mean I can tell you what went through his head," Slider started pacing.

"You know Ice better than any of us," Mav frowned, "I know you hate to say that in front of me, but you can read his mind. YOu understand his moods better than I ever could. YOu know exactly what went through his head every time."

"Mav-" 

"We've been together for almost 40 years. I think i've come to terms with that by now," he raised a brow.

"Fine," Slider sat down on a chair and rubbed his face, "I'll do my best." 

-------------------------

It was after they first moved in together. It was common for RIOs and their Pilots to move in together, save money, and bond; which always ended up bettering their flying. Ice had gotten a phone call from his father on the academy phone, and Slider had known immediately that Ice wasn't ok. No one else seemed to notice, as he was still as sarcastic and smart as ever. He got every question right, to no one's surprise, and gave really great advice, even if it was snarky. Everyone just assumed Ice was right as rain.

Slider knew better. When Ice was in pain, especially emotionally, Slider stomach would hurt. It was a strange tick, but the moment he saw Ice after the phone call, he almost threw up. Of course, Ice noticed immediately and sat him down on a bench, telling him to breathe. What was strange, was that in helping Slider through the wave of nausea, Ice actually calmed down a lot, and miraculously, Slider's stomach went back to normal. 

But that didn't mean he wasn't going to milk this until Ice relaxed or better yet, go home for the day. 

"Are you ok?" Ice was rubbing circles on his back, "still nauseous?" 

"Not as bad," he really felt fine.

"Do you want to go get checked out? You can't fly like this." 

"Can we walk around the base? I think it'll help," Slider looked at Ice. 

"Yeah," Ice took Slider's arm and put it around his shoulders as they stood up, "I've got you." 

"You always do," Slider wanted to just kiss the pain out of Ice's eyes but he couldn't do that here."

So, they walked around, slowly, Slider mentioning that he felt a lot better once they were far from the base, "Who was on the phone?" 

"Oh," Ice swallowed thickly, and Slider's stomach tightened, "my dad." 

"Well, he can't have said anything nice," Slider sighed.

"It's not worth repeating," Ice took a chance and squeezed Slider's hand, "I'm glad you're feeling better." 

"Yeah," Slider brought Ice's hand up and kissed the back of his hand, "I love you. You know that right? Like, I really love you." 

Ice looked up at him and gave him a soft smile, "I love you too, so very much."

"I'd kiss you, but i'm worried someone's going to spot us."

"I know," Ice continued the walk, "How about tonight, we order in and stay in bed? Something easy on your stomach." 

"Sounds wonderful," Slider relaxed, hoping that Ice's grey cloud was slowly going away.

He was very wrong. Of course, his mind was a bit cloudy as well, as Ice had decided that 'stay in bed' meant fuck his brains out. He was practically left a vegetable, drooling on the pillow by the time Ice was done with him. He could still feel Ice kissing along his back and running his hands along his shoulders. It wasn't long before Slider was fast asleep; which was exactly what Ice wanted.

(He left that last bit out of the story for Bradley's sake. No one wants to hear their parents have sex.. adopted or otherwise.)

He was woken up to hearing the shower running and immediately got suspicious. The room was very humid. Slider realized that he was sweating and got up, brain trying to figure out what's happening. He got out of bed and opened the bathroom door.

"Babe?" 

He looked towards the shower and at first, just thought that Ice was sitting on the floor, taking in the steam like he would when he had a cold. Instead, the water was pink, and he immediately freaked out. He sprinted over and knelt down, not caring that he hit his knee hard on the tile, enough that it would definitely bruise tomorrow. He took Ice's face in his hands and found him unconscious, but breathing.

"Ice!" He shook him, "Tom!" he didn't want to, but he slapped his face, hard enough to get the man to open his eyes, "I'm so sorry, but you can't go to sleep, ok?" 

"No," Ice slurred as Slider turned off the shower and grabbed towels, wrapping his wrists and holding it tightly, "no.. not spose.. to... wake." 

"You're not dying on me," Slider got into the shower with him and knelt down in the blood soaked floor, "I need you to open your eyes. Baby, please keep your eyes open and focused on me." 

"go.. way.." 

"Never," Slider ripped another towel into strips and tied them around the towels soaking up his blood, hoping it would clot faster, "I am never letting you go."

Ice opened his eyes and watched him work, confused, "Why?" 

"Because I love you," Ice kissed his lips, "I don't want to live in a world where you don't exist." 

"Still.. exist.. just..dead." 

"Not acceptable," he kissed his forehead, "I love you, so much. Please don't leave me." 

"You.. not suppose.. to see.. this," Ice let Slider lift his arms up, stopping hte blood from running out of his cuts.

"You know i would have found you, soon enough, right?" 

"Didn't.. think.. that far," Ice looked ashamed.

"Nuhuh," Slider kissed his hands, "A part of you wanted me to come find you. You never do anyhting without a backup plan."

"WHy-?'

"Because you're type A," Slider smiled and kissed his hands again, "You don't want to die. You just want all the pain to stop. I can help you with that pain if you let me, but death isn't the answer."

Ice scoffed and leaned his head, "'m dizzy." 

"Blood loss will do that to ya," Slider picked his head up and kissed his forehead, "Baby," he kissed him again, "Do you remember when you came in here?" 

Ice shook his head.

"Ok," Slider put a hand on his forehead, "Well you've still got some color in your cheeks, so I think we don't need a hospital." 

"No.. hos..pl."

Slider picked Ice up bridal style and brought him to the living room, sitting him down on the couch, "stay here." He left briefly to grab some juice and crackers. He came back and gave him the food, "Drink this." 

"Why?" 

"So you'll replenish the blood you just lost." 

"No," Ice closed his eyes.

"Hey," Slider shook him, "stop it. I know you're hurting, I know you feel like all hope is gone, but please, don't lose faith in me. You're going to do amazing things, and you're going to be ok. I promise, things will get better."

"It has.. nothing.. to do.. with you." 

"I know," Slider brought the juice to his lips, "I know this is a huge combination of stuff, but I promise that life is worth living for. I promise I can make you feel better about life. Please, let me try?" 

"You do.. every...day," Ice drank the juice greedily, "one.. more.. try." 

"That's it," Slider put the juice down and grabbed some crackers, "Ok, now this." 

It took awhile for Ice to fully let Slider take care of him. The night truly ended with Ice crying into his chest as Slider rocked him back to sleep. Ice refused to go to the hospital, so Slider superglued his wounds, which left nasty scars, but Ice didn't care. He worse sweat bands on his wrist when he went to the beach or his watch and something else for short sleeve occasions. When he only worse his watch and nothing on the other arm, he only extended the hand with the watch which did a good job of covering.

Thankfully, that was the last time Ice actually tried to commit suicide. Of course, self harm and his eating disorder made things hard, but he was never so far gone. It had scared Slider so bad that he would just randomly hug Ice for a long time, until Ice cried into him. It was like he knew when Ice needed a good cry, and he'd be damned if Ice didn't get to do it.

---------------------------------------

"He felt like the only way out of the pain and suffering was to kill himself," Slider finished the story, knuckles white against the arm of the chair, "He just never felt like he was enough-" 

"His father never let him forget it," Mav scoffed.

"and he was just tired," Slider shrugged, "tired of trying to be perfect all of the time. Tired of everything he did being watched. He was tired of holding all these expectations and bracing for the physical abuse as well as verbal. It all just came crashing down on him and he'd do something to stop the pain. I guess, in the moments before you die, you literally feel the weight come off of your shoulders."

Rooster was speechless. He knew his Uncle had done things before to himself, but hearing the details and how he'd trick Slider so he wouldn't see, was really jaring. 

There was some coughing coming from the couch and Slider got up immediately, running to the living room to see what was wrong.

Mav stayed with Rooster and rubbed his back, "you ok?" 

"Talk about a bombshell," Bradley sighed and put his face in his hands, "do you think Noah finally got some peace?" 

"Yeah," Mav squeezed his shoulder, "I think wherever he is, he's free."

"Do you think he did the right thing?" Rooster put his hands down, "Would it have been worse if he stayed?" 

"I don't know," Mav looked over in the direction of Ice and Slider, "While I'm glad Ice is still here, everyone is different. There's not point in trying to decide what could have been. But we can respect his decision. If this is what he needed to do to finally be ok, then we've got to accept it. We can only hope that his afterlife is better than this."

Bradley nodded and leaned into Mav.

Slider came back into view, "I'm taking Ice to chemo. You two staying here?" 

"No!" Bradley stood up quickly, "We're all going." 

"Oh?" Mav stood up and put on his jacket.

"Yeah," Bradley took a deep breathe, "You never know how long you have with someone. I'll take all I can get with you all." 

"Even if it's in a hospital and rubbing Ice's back as he coughs up a lung?" 

"I'd do anything to make him feel better, Mav," Bradley had tears in his eyes.

"I know kid," Mav squeezed his arm before walking towards Slider, "I'll drive. You and Sli can keep Ice company in the back." 

Rooster ran to the couch and stopped Ice from putting on his shoes by himself, "I've got it." 

"Roo?" 

“Ι've got it, Pops," Rooster put them on before standing up and helping Ice to his feet, "can't be late for chemo." 

Ice raised a brow, knowing damn well they were very early, and looked at Mav questioning.

"Early is on time and on time is late," Mav shrugged and helped Ice into his jacket, "I love you." 

"I love you too." Ice looked at all of them, "all of you. BUt you know I don't plan on dying anytime soon."

"Good," Mav buttoned his jacket, "but that doesn't mean we can't support you and hold your hand anyway." 

"You can always hold my hand." 

"Good," Mav kissed his lips before holding his hand, "I'm never letting go." 

"Neither am I," Ice felt Rooster take the other, "It's going to be ok." 

"ok," Rooster squeezed, "don't make me let go." 

"never," Ice nodded and followed them to the car, feeling loved and supported. All this talk of suicide made him think back at his many attempts. When Slider said it would get better, he was right. While the thought sometimes emerges, he pushes it away immediately. This life is worth living. These people are worth living for. This family is worth fighting for, and he'd do it until the day nature decides it's time to go. He prayed it would be a very long time indeed; and it was.

Suicide Hotline list for every country: https://www.suicidestop.com/call_a_hotline.html

So sorry it’s taken me a little longer to reply. My medical treatments are kicking my butt and all I can do is sleep thanks to the pain. Anyway these updates hurt my heart but in a good way. Having Ice be taken care of in ways he hasn’t before and unlearning all the horrible things that were done to him with now having a safe place with Slider and Maverick was just amazing. As always you’ve really outdone yourself and I can’t wait for more!

On 11/3/2022 at 12:58 AM, Mygyn said:

😭

:hug:

On 11/3/2022 at 3:11 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

So sorry it’s taken me a little longer to reply. My medical treatments are kicking my butt and all I can do is sleep thanks to the pain. Anyway these updates hurt my heart but in a good way. Having Ice be taken care of in ways he hasn’t before and unlearning all the horrible things that were done to him with now having a safe place with Slider and Maverick was just amazing. As always you’ve really outdone yourself and I can’t wait for more!

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon! XOXOXOX

Request: If you are taking requests could I please suggest on where Rooster gets sick, but ends up really bad cough after pushing himself at training ir something like that. Anyway, he hides it from his uncles because he doesn't want to freak them out with the whole chest sickness thing especially after Ice having cancer. Eventually he pushes too hard and maybe passes out/ends up in hospital and Mav and the others are called. They are really upset he didn't tell them he was so sick, and Mav gets all bothered thinking that it's because he still doesn't trust him after the pulling of his papers, even though Mav thought they made up after the mission. Angst and comfort ensues 😂

Chest Infection Request (Rooster)

Maverick unceremoniously barged into Iceman's office, clearly upset about something. Ice gave him a look like he was more disappointed than shocked.

"He still doesn't trust me," Maverick started pacing infront of his desk, only stopping to look at Ice's screen.

-What do you mean?- 

He began pacing again, "You didn't hear? Rooster passed out during training. He just fainted!" 

Ice's eyebrows furrowed, but not because of Roo.

"Found out from Medical that he has a chest infection," Maverick threw up his hands, "That's pretty serious, right?!" 

Ice nodded slowly, still looking at Maverick with sympathy.

"He came to work with a fever of 101, with a chest infection, and he had hte nerve to look me in the eye and say Hi?" 

Ice leaned back in his chair, smiling slightly, but something in his eyes was... sad?

"Ice, I need some help here," Maverick stopped right in front of him, "Why didn't he tell me he was sick? I don't know how else to make it up to him. I don't know how else to apologize." 

Ice leaned towards his keyboard and turned the monitor again, -He is not angry with any of us, merely anxious.- 

"Anxious about what?!" Maverick heard someone come to the door, "Come back later!" 

The poor person ran away at being yelled at, to which Maverick got quite the glare from Ice.

"This is our kid, Ice!" 

Ice pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, coughing a bits, "Maverick.." 

"No," Maverick came closer and pushed his chair towards the keyboard, "no talking. You'll only be in more pain." 

Ice reluctantly touched the keyboard, -You know what he is worried about.-

"No, babe, I really don't-" 

Suddenly Ice started to have a coughing fit, turning away from the computer and Mav, coughing into his elbow, so thickly that Mav was worried he was going to start spitting up blood again. Not wanting to take the chance, Maverick rounded the desk and put a hand on Ice's cheek, not letting him turn away from him again.

"No," He started to run his fingers through his hair, trying to calm him down, "You can't hide from me, Baby." 

Ice finally stopped coughing and wiped his mouth with some tissues that Maverick handed him. Thankfully, there was no blood this time.

Something clicked in Maverick's head now that Ice was breathing steadily again, "You think he hid this from up because of your cancer?" 

Ice nodded slowly, energy drained.

"Why?" Maverick moved closer so Ice could rest his head against Mav's stomach, "I don't understand." 

"Ask.... him," Ice coughed again, fading fast.

Mav bent down and held Ice's face in his hands, "I will, after you take a nap on your couch and take your meds." 

Maverick got Ice situated on the couch, and put a blanket over him as Ice fell asleep. He kissed his forehead before going to find Ice's assistant. He told them that Ice needed some rest and to call him if Ice felt sick later or had another fit. The assistant was more than happy to check on Ice every once in a while, and stopped anyone from going inside, saying that Ice had a meeting; while cancelling any meetings for the day. Everyone knew about his second bout of Cancer and were very understanding of his situation. Hell, some even sent his assistant weekly emails to check up on him. 

----------------------------------

Eventually, Maverick brought Rooster home, where Ice and Slider were waiting with a pot of soup and steaming mugs and tea. Ice had gotten a second wind after his nap and finished work with time to spare. Slider, on the other hand, was worried out of his mind that Ice was doing too much. 

Clearly, that ship sailed, when Maverick and Rooster came into the house to see Slider and Ice slow dancing to some song neither of them recognized. It was so sweet, but was ended when they heard the door close, Ice pulling away as if embarrassed. 

"Babe," Maverick came closer and kissed Ice, "just us. Glad you're feeling better." 

Ice blushed and looked down, leaning a bit on Mav, "did.. you..talk?" 

"No," Mav whispered, kissing his cheek, "He wouldn't talk to me." 

Slider came over and put a hand on Rooster's forehead, "that's quite the fever, kiddo." 

"I'm fine-" Rooster pulled up his shirt and started coughing something awful. 

Slider, instinctively pulled Rooster in and let him cough into his chest, like he does with Ice. He patted the kids back until whatever gunk was in his lungs released, "You need a hot shower, and a bed." 

"-m fine," He shivered, "gonna.. stay.. at Natasha's-" 

"What?" Slider furrowed his brow, "why?" 

Ice didn't miss how Rooster's eyes glanced towards him.

"Why not?" 

"Because you're sick and need your family," Slider was having none of it, "You're not going anywhere, young man." 

"I'm not.. twelve." 

"I don't care if you're 60," He raised a brow, "you're still my young man and you will do as I tell you to," Slider finished it with a kiss on his forehead, "Now march to your room and put your stuff away while I draw you a bath."

"Yes.. sir," Rooster was too exhausted to argue, but held his breath as he walked past Ice, not wanting to breathe on him.

Once Rooster was gone, Mav sighed and sat down on the couch, "I think Ice was actually wrong-" he paused for Slider's dramatic gasp, "I know, impossible, but I do the impossible daily," he winked towards Ice before getting serious again, "Really.. I don't think he trusts us anymore." 

"That can't be it," Slider came closer and started massaging Mav's shoulders, "Come on, this is Roo we're talking about." 

"Yeah," Mav rolled his eyes, "The same Roo that used to tell us exactly what's going on with him. He's tell us he's not feeling well or hurt himself every time," Mav sighed, "but not anymore. He fucking collapsed today." 

Ice came closer and sat down on the couch, holding Maverick's hand.

"I know you thought this was about the cancer," Mav squeezed Ice's hand, "Isn't that more of a reason to tell us what's going on?" 

"Not if he's afraid we'll take focus off of Ice," Slider chimed in, "or, considering he was more than happy to pack up and move, he's worried about giving this to Ice." 

"Oh my god," Mav stood up quickly, 'Ice if you catch this-" 

Ice stopped him with a look, "I'll be fine.

"You can't get sick," Mav was spiraling, "Nope," he pulled Ice up and dragged him towards their bedroom, "quarantine until this is over." 

"Maverick-" Ice wasn't helping himself when he started coughing again.

Mav turned and wrapped an arm around him, taking his weight as he coughed some more. This time, Ice did cough something up into the handkerchief that was in his pocket previously, "and you were going to argue?" 

Ice just sighed and let Maverick put him to bed.

"You're staying home tomorrow, especially if you're getting an infection-" 

Slider stopped him with a soft slap upside the head, "he doesn't have an infection, Mav. He's suppose to be coughing this shit up." 

Mav shook his head, mostly to clear it, "you think i'm crazy?" 

"You're definitely acting crazy," Slider tucked Ice in and kissed his head, "Ice is going to be fine. So is Roo. Kid is probably spiraling just like you are right now. Go make that bath and try to calm him down." 

Ice tapped Slider's hip and pointed to his pile of medicine.

"Right," Slider took a pill bottle and shook it, "he's on more antibiotics than a petri-dish. No chest infection could survive what's in his system. So breathe, grab his tea, and go talk to Bradley."

-----------------------------

"Knock knock," Mav said as he walked through Roo's door, to find the kid already in the bathtub, "Now Slider may be fast, but he's not the flash." 

"Drew it myself," Rooster was breathing in the steam and trying not to hack up a lung, "Did Ice..get sick?" 

"What?" 

"You were gone," Bradley looked up at him, worried, "Did Ice faint again?" 

"No," Maverick came in and sat on the edge of the bed, "He's fine. Slider just put him down for the night. He's just tired." 

"He can't be near me," Rooster rubbed his chest, "He could die-"

"Don't think like that," Maverick put a hand on his shoulder, "Ice is so full of medication that nothing could survive in him for long. But, to be sure, I think we'll just quarantine you both for a bit." 

"That's a good idea," Rooster nodded, immediately relaxing, "then you should probably throw your clothes in the wash and shower. Can't have you bring this to Ice." 

"Who says I'm staying with Ice?" Mav ran his hand through Rooster's hair, "I'm going to take care of you, ok?" 

"You're not mad?" 

"Why would I be mad?" 

"That I brought this home.. to Ice." 

"Oh honey," Mav moved his hand to cup Rooster's cheek, "you didn't bring anything. Sick happens. just next time, tell us when you don't feel well? So we can help you feel better and not faint on the tarmac?" 

"Sorry," Rooster closed his eyes, leaning into Mav's hand, "Panicked." 

"So this was about getting Ice sick?" 

"Yeah," Rooster opened his eyes, "What did you think it was?"

Mav looked away, ashamed of how little faith he had in his kid, "I um.. thought you were upset with me." 

"Why would I be upset with-" a light bulb went off in his head, "I forgave you for that forever ago, Mav."

"I know," Mav sighed, "YOu told me, but I couldn't help it." 

"I promise," Rooster squeezed Mav's hand, "I was worried about Pops." 

"Well don't," Mav squeezed back, "He's going to be just fine. Probably outlive us all." 

Rooster started to laugh before it turned into hacking coughs, producing a lot of phlegm.

"Ow," Maverick handed him a towel to cough into, "that sounds awful, kid."

"Feels awful," Rooster wiped his mouth, "guess now I know what Ice feels like everyday." 

"Makes you want to tie him to the bed, huh?" 

Rooster smiled and coughed again, "That's real kinky, Mav." 

"Not what I meant," Mav splashed him a bit, "but damn.. would he look fine-woah!" 

Rooster pushed him off the tub playfully, "Gross." 

Mav laughed from the floor, "but it's true." 

"Even worse," he splashed Mav.

THey both laughed a bit before Rooster's chest infection got the better of him.

"Ok ok," He grabbed a large towel, "get out of there before you catch pneumonia." 

"Pretty sure i've already got it's cousin," yet Rooster unplugged the tub and got out, letting Mav wrap it around him.

"Damn, we need to get bigger towels." 

"Told Slider it was bad idea to let you buy them" Rooster patted Mav's head in gest.

"Har har," Mav smacked his side lightly before stepping out of the bathroom, "Where are your sweats?"

"Second drawer," Rooster dried himself off and wrapped the towel around his lower half, "find them?" 

"No?" Mav held out a t-shirt, "This isn't yours." 

Rooster came out and saw the shirt, immediately blushing, "oh." 

"Oh?" 

Rooster looked from Mav to the t-shirt, "I can explain." 

"You're 30. You can tell me if you're having sex." 

Rooster laughed and rolled his eyes, "That's not what happened." 

"So you're not having sex?" 

"That's none of your business-" 

"Pretty sure if it's in my house it is.' 

"It's Ice's house." 

"You want to tell Ice about your sex life?" 

"Oh God, no," Rooster face palmed, "Don't put that in my head." 

"Sooooo," Mav waved the shirt.

"It's.. Bob's." 

Mav's mouth fell open.

"It's not like that!" Rooster's face was so red, "I swear.. We got stuck in the rain. He didn't have a change of clothes, so he borrowed mine and clearly forgot his shirt. I swear that's all it was." 

Mav chuckled, "I believe you," He folded the shirt and put it back, "Bob isn't your type." 

Rooster paused before putting his hands down, "you think I have a type?" 

"Ohhhh yeah," Mav found the sweats and threw it at Rooster, "but that's for me to know and for you to figure out," he clapped once loudly, "now, get in bed while I got get your tea and soup." 

"You can't just say that a leave," Rooster watched as Mav left the bedroom, not wanting to follow and germ up the place, "Mav?" he coughed a bit, "MAVERICK!" 

Friend! You are doing amazing! Honestly I saw your note on A03 and you do a great job with roo as well as ice and slider and Mav! 

If your looking for an ice request I haz one for you! How about a thanksgiving cold before he caught cancer back in the 80/90’s and ice is sick and they have to cancel dinner and Mav and Slider end up ordering out after  they burn the turkey! 

p.S if your ever discouraged let us know because we will hype you up! 

I a billion times echo everything that @Mygynsaid. You are doing absolutely amazing with everything and are definitely the thing that I look forward the most to everyday and I’m not even joking. You write rooster amazing as well as ice, Mav, Slider, and literally anyone else. You are freaking amazing! I wish I knew how to say it better but everything you write is literal perfection and I read through this entire thread usually once a day if not more that’s how much I love it. And you know me I will always have Ive requests but only if you want to do them of course! Absolutely no pressure!

Ice always tells Slider and Mav when he has his fits that it’s not his longest fit by far. Could we see one of his biggest fits? With of course worried Slider and Mav because they are always going to take care of their Ice.

again only if you want to 😊 

Guys! I made a kofi! If any one ever wants to send me a tip ;) (obviously I expect nothing, It's just something I thought i'd throw out there.) https://ko-fi.com/remedybane

On 11/10/2022 at 4:23 AM, Mygyn said:

Friend! You are doing amazing! Honestly I saw your note on A03 and you do a great job with roo as well as ice and slider and Mav! 

If your looking for an ice request I haz one for you! How about a thanksgiving cold before he caught cancer back in the 80/90’s and ice is sick and they have to cancel dinner and Mav and Slider end up ordering out after  they burn the turkey! 

p.S if your ever discouraged let us know because we will hype you up! 

Thank you! XOXOXO  I will put this in my notes so I don't forget to write it! XOXOXO I appreciate you so much!

On 11/10/2022 at 11:44 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

I a billion times echo everything that @Mygynsaid. You are doing absolutely amazing with everything and are definitely the thing that I look forward the most to everyday and I’m not even joking. You write rooster amazing as well as ice, Mav, Slider, and literally anyone else. You are freaking amazing! I wish I knew how to say it better but everything you write is literal perfection and I read through this entire thread usually once a day if not more that’s how much I love it. And you know me I will always have Ive requests but only if you want to do them of course! Absolutely no pressure!

Ice always tells Slider and Mav when he has his fits that it’s not his longest fit by far. Could we see one of his biggest fits? With of course worried Slider and Mav because they are always going to take care of their Ice.

again only if you want to 😊 

Thank you, my love! HOw are your treartments going? are you in any less pain?? I worry about you baby! Also, I'll add that to my list :) XOXOXO

Request: Hi, love your fics, this is like the 3rd time I’ve read them! I was wondering if you could write one about Ice and chemo nausea? Like he’s struggling with his eating disorder because everything he eats, he throws up? Thank you, it’s okay though if you can’t x

I'm honestly so grateful for everyone's kind words!  I love you all so much XO

When the Past Comes to Haunt You

TW: Nausea, Emeto.

It was the second time he'd thrown up today, and he was really tired of it all. Of course, there was nothing he could do about it, and the meds they gave him were helping, but he just wanted to eat something without rushing to the toilet ten minutes later. It was really frustrating. He had lost so much weight that Mav and Slider were looking at him with worry. It wasn't his fault, they knew it, but he was getting unhealthily skinny. 

After another ten minutes in the bathroom, he finally got up, washed his hands and brushed his teeth, before shuffling his way back to bed. He was spent as all his energy went into sprinting to throw up, and in turn, throwing up whatever energy he would have gotten from food. This was a hellish cycle and he hated every second of it. 

"Hey," Mav came in with a glass of juice, "it came up, huh?" 

Ice nodded slowly, looking anywhere else but at Mav.

"It's ok," Mav pushed hair out of Ice's eyes and frowned at how thin it was now, "You can't help it." 

"I know," He coughed a bit, "just.. irritated." 

"Pretty sure you were always irritated before the cancer," he jested before kissing his forehead, "you'll get there. You're going to get better." 

He didn't believe it, outlook grim, "I know," he lied, smiling slightly up at Maverick, "Thank you." 

"Always," Mav handed him the juice and helped him hold it as he took some slow sips, "Slider is coming back from base soon. Maybe we can watch a movie in bed? Or sit outside, listen to your favorite?" 

"You hate," Ice panted, "My music." 

"I don't hate anything about you," he tucked Ice in, "now get some rest. You can decide when you wake up."

"Meds.. half hour." 

"I know what to do," Mav rolled his eyes, "You haven't been napping more than twenty minutes lately, so I think we're safe."

Ice shrugged before closing his eyes. He wasn't in the mood to talk much and he was really tired.

"I'll check on you in 30," Mav kissed his forehead again before walking out of the bedroom, turning off the lights.

--------------

The dream that came was unexpected. He was never one to dream. If anything, even nightmares, it was him reliving an actual event. That is why he was so confused when he found himself in a dark room that he didn't recognize right away. After his eyes adjusted, he realized it was his office; the one on base. The problem was, all the pictures of acolytes were blurred and nondescript. 

Sitting at his desk was a very young version of him; not more than 12. Ice furrowed his brow, not really sure what was happening.

"We got skinny." 

"What?" Older Ice walked towards his desk.

"Daddy said that skinny is weakness." 

"Daddy?" He hadn't said that in a very long time.

The kid stood up and his shirt disappeared to see the many bruises and scars that covered his torso, "we were too skinny. Scrawny. We need to toughen up if we're going to make it in this world." 

"You're not too skinny, you're just a boy." 

"No," The kid got angry, "I have to get stronger! I have to be big and strong like Daddy!" 

"You will- "

The kid dropped to the floor and started doing pushups.

"Stop it," He tried to kneel down but just fell to his knees. When he caught his breathe, the kid was gone and stood a pair of Navy boots.

"Weak." 

Ice looked up to find the 18 year old Ice who just joined the Navy standing above him, "This is what we end up like?" The younger Ice kicked him down and knelt down, "we've become this pathetic? You're soft! Father would be disgusted!" 

"Who cares-" The real Ice winced as the younger Ice, who suddenly looked like his father, slapped him.

"I care! We are suppose to be the golden boy of the navy. That was the plan. We were suppose to be perfect!" 

"We were," Ice sat up, "you did." 

"Only to come out this side a flabby, skinny, old man," He sneered at him, "You let yourself go. Dad warned up about sugar and carbs. You can't build muscle on sugar. You can't be a man on carbs. No one will ever love you without muscle, Thomas. You're not perfect." 

"No one's perfect-" 

"We were! We had our prime! Top of the class, Top of  Top gun," The kid aged again, now in his whites after graduation, "We were the best of the best! Peak form. We ate right, Exercised, Studied. The perfect soldier. We could have made him proud!" 

"I got cancer! I didn't do this to myself!" 

"How do you think you got cancer?" The boy changed again and into Ice during his first bout of cancer, "You were weak." 

"I am not weak." 

"I would rather die than turn out like you," The boy was back, "You disappoint us all." 

Suddenly, a bunch of him came out of the shadows, all in different ages, all looking disappointed, "You destroyed what we worked so hard for! You failed!" 

-----------------

Ice woke up, hearing his past yell "you failed" over and over in his head. His heart was pounding and the juice he had earlier was starting to come back up his throat. He leaped out of bed but just fell to the ground, legs no longer able to carry him, throwing up on the floor. 

To make matters worse, Maverick came in to check on him and freaked out, "Ice?!" He grabbed a bucket and handed it to him, rubbing his back as he puked into the bucket. There was nothing left in his stomach so he was mostly dry heaving. 

Slider had just gotten home and rushed in, effortlessly picking Ice up and putting him back to bed, "It's ok. You're ok." 

Ice just shook his head and kept it in the bucket.

"It's just a rug, baby," Slider rubbed his back as he kept dry-heaving, "Mav is cleaning it up. It's ok." 

"He hasn't kept anything down all day," Mav whispered to Slider before cleaning up the mess.

"Ok," Slider kept rubbing Ice's back, even after he stopped heaving, "let's give him a few hours, and if he's feeling better, we can try some mashed potatoes-" 

"No,"  Ice shook his head and gave Slider the bucket to put by the bed, "no..

"Ok," Slider thought it was because of just puking, "Since you're still sensitive, let's wait a another half hour before he takes his meds. Won't help if he throws them up." 

Slider ended up holding Ice against his chest well after Ice fell back asleep. He could sense Ice's dwindling mood and didn't want to leave him alone incase he needed something. He was out for a few hours, Slider nodding off a bit too, before they both woke up to the smoke alarm.

"Fuck Shit fuuuuck!" The both heard in the kitchen and Slider just chuckled.

"This is why Mav doesn't cook," Slider kissed Ice's head before hopping out of bed and going to help. 

When neither of them came in after 20 minutes, Ice took his cane and walked out of the bedroom towards the kitchen. It was remarkably smokey, making his cough a bit as he rounded the corner. The sight was surprising, but not unexpected.

"How," Ice coughed into his arm, "Did you manage to get it on the ceiling?" 

"I don't want to talk about it," Mav came over and helped Ice into a chair.

Thankfully, the fire department on base came over, used to Mav burning things, and turned off the smoke alarm and opened the doors and windows before they were suffocate. The (very attractive) people that helped them, made Ice more self conscious than he should have been. Of course, they all saluted to him and treated him with respect and admiration, but he still felt like he didn't deserve it. It wasn't helping that the EMT checking his blood pressure and putting him on oxygen, had biceps bigger than Slider's used to be. It was equal parts attractive, but also devastating. He must have looked awful.

"Blood pressure is fantastic," The man smiled at him, a little flirty, "Don't call you Iceman for nothing, sir." 

"Cool under pressure, that's my Ice," Mav winked, and Ice wanted to throw something at him.

"For Christmas, I'm getting you a "No Mav" kitchen sign," He took the cuff off of Ice and checked his wrist pulse, "fucking incredible. I'd be losing my mind." 

"If Ice ever lost his cool, I think the world would come to an end," Slider came over and took Ice's hand, feeling him shake, "He's late on his meds. Haven't been able to keep anything down all day-ow!" 

Ice and squeezed Slider's hand hard. 

Slider was surprised but also impressed, "He needs to know, Ice." 

"I do," The EMT took Ice's temperature, "You've got a bit of a fever. You should see your doctor and get some blood work done. You might need supplements if you can't eat."

Ice closed his eyes, trying to keep calm.

"It's a lot," The man patted his leg, "I'm sorry, but if anyone is going to beat this thing, It's you, sir." 

Ice opened his eyes again and looked at the man and for a second, he could have sworn it was full of genuine admiration and even a bit of.. attraction? That can't be right.

The EMT packed his bags and stood up, "Keep me updated on his condition, and here," he handed Slider a card, "if anything happens and you need a house call, I'm your man." 

"Noted," SLider looked at it before smiling, "Thank you." 

"Anytime," He shook Slider's hand before shaking Ice's, "And Maverick. Next time you feel like cooking? Order take out?" 

"Find me a place that delivered mashed potatoes and I will." 

"That's what that is?" The EMT Looked up at the ceiling, "would not have been my first guess... or my 5th." He shook his head, "Restaurant two streets down and five blocks east has great Mash." He winked before heading out, "but if he can't keep things down, stick to broth!" 

"THank you!" Mav called out as he closed the door, "Did anyone else think he was flirting with Ice?" s

"OOOOH yeah," Slider bent down and kissed Ice, "you're just too damn sexy to not flirt with." 

Ice slapped his hip lightly, "He was being nice."

"Nope," Slider kissed him again, "he wants a piece of you." 

Ice rolled his eyes and sighed, "Help Mav with the kitchen, please?" 

"Of course," he kissed Ice again, "Mav, I've got the ceiling, just go call for takeout please." 

"On it!"

----------------------------------

Ice didn't touch his food. Mva thought it was because he was so sick all day, but Slider knew differently.

"What's going on?" Slider frowned, looking at the now cool broth and untouched potatoes, "Something's bothering you?" 

"Are you gonna be sick again?" Mav was already standing up.

Ice shook his head and motioned for him to sit down, "nightmare.

"That can't be good," Slider took his hand and squeezed, "want to talk about it?" 

"I don't know how." 

"Is it a memory?" 

"Yes and no?" Ice sighed and rubbed his face before coughing, "I saw myself, far younger than I am today," He paused and looked down at the food, unable to continue.

"Is this about your eating disorder?" Slider frowned, watching him stare at the food in slight fear.

"You haven't had a relapse in decades?" Mav looked confused.

"Right," He swallowed thickly and took a bite of mashed potatoes in spite, "and I refuse to relapse now.." 

"What happened?" Slider moved his chair closer and rubbed his back, "baby?" 

"I saw my younger self, several versions," He looked down at himself but SLider put his hand under his chin and forced him back up, "They were saying how disappointed they were that i've become so.. soft."

"Soft?" Mav raised a brow, "honey, you command the navy from your bed and they are still terrified of your wrath." 

"Not that kind of soft, Mav," Slider chuckled slightly, "Your younger self in your head is an asshole." 

"He's me." 

"No," Slider squeezed his shoulder, "it's your head's version of what your father wanted. Not who you are." 

"They're the same-

"Bullshit," Slider turned Ice's face towards his, "Babe, you're really sick. You're losing weight from the chemo. It's not you." 

"They think i'm weak?

"Who's they?" 

Ice paused for a second, "Me?" 

"You think you're weak?" Slider ran a finger along his cheekbone.

"No? Yes?" Ice shrugged, "I don't know how I feel."

"You're not weak," Mav got up and put his and Slider's plates in the dishwasher, "you're kicking Cancer's ass... AGAIN!" 

Ice leaned against Slider, hoping he never let go, "I don't want to go back." 

"Go back?" 

"To being like that? Not eating.. Thinking if I had a slice of bread the world would end. Thinking that If I wasn't the best at everything, I would be a failure," He coughed a little, "i'm too old for this.

"You're not too old," he kissed his forehead, "But you're right. You should never go back to that. I know this sounds crazy, but you're so much healthier than you were back then. At least, mentally." 

"Physically i'm fucked," Ice joked and coughed again.

"You're getting better," Slider knelt down, "baby, that nightmare was your father talking, not you. Believe me."

"Probably the fever."

"That could be," Slider kissed his forehead, "It's gone down, though." 

Ice frowned and stared at the food, "can you heat it up?" 

"Of course," Slider kissed his lips, "I'm so proud of you." 

Ice remembered the first time SLider and Mav got him to eat pizza. The disgust he felt and how he almost threw up just thinking about it. It was such a low point in his life, and he never ever wanted to go through that again. He wanted to enjoy food, like he had for decades. The idea of never tasting Slider's pie's again or never experiencing pasta like they had in Italy, was a fate worse than death. Being so hung up on being perfectly healthy, made eating so boring and sad. He didn't know people could enjoy food. 

"I"m proud of me too,"  Ice smiled at him.

"God," Slider kissed him again, "I've waited decades for you to say that." 

"I mean it. I've done enough. I'm not a failure," Ice rested his forehead against Slider's, "I'm ok." 

"Good," Slider hummed, "You are perfect, just the way you are."

Mav came back with the heated food, "when you're over this cancer, I think we need to take another trip." 

"No guilt, just enjoying life? I think I can manage that," he glanced at Mav, "at least for a week or two." 

"I think that's a great start," Mav winked, "now eat some potatoes and drink some broth. You can have dessert later," he winked.

Ice didn't hesitate to eat, and felt significantly better when he had something in his stomach. He enjoyed the potatoes and the broth wasn't half bad too. His younger self would be proud of what he's become. He was free, loved, and was getting comfortable in his own skin. He was healing, and he was damn proud of himself.

Thank you for the update! I just started a new job today and the nightmare that was t-swift ticket sales 😭  this really made my night being able to read this chapter!

3 minutes ago, Mygyn said:

Thank you for the update! I just started a new job today and the nightmare that was t-swift ticket sales 😭  this really made my night being able to read this chapter!

Oh congratulations!! I hope the new job goes well! Also, I know the swift Drama. I was trying too and it was broken hahaha. Hopefully I get tickets tomorrow. I'm so excited!! 

i'm so glad this made you happy! Thank you so much!

Ahhh this was so good! Having Ice see his old self in his nightmares with Mav and slider helping him through it was incredible! Always love to see your updates and it’s definitely helping me focus on something else other than what my body is doing. 

On 11/16/2022 at 7:51 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

Ahhh this was so good! Having Ice see his old self in his nightmares with Mav and slider helping him through it was incredible! Always love to see your updates and it’s definitely helping me focus on something else other than what my body is doing. 

Thank you so much! Def keep me updated. XOXO 

On 11/16/2022 at 12:28 AM, Mygyn said:

The swift drama was the worst  thing I’m just grateful for my nosebleed seat! Fingers crossed you get a seat!!

I have not recieved a ticket :( Enjoy it for me. I tried. 

Request: "Where Ice and Slider are at home waiting on Maverick to be home and it's way past the time he should be home and then they get a phone call saying that he has been involved in an accident."

Damn I am SLIPPIN' with these posts.. I shall try to post more.

Car Seats

Maverick should have been back by now. He had only gone out to go grab some cold medicine for Ice while he took a nap. Slider was pacing the living room, not really sure if he should go out and find him or wake Ice up. Ice needed his sleep, fever making him fuzzy, but he was the only person who could calm Slider down. Maybe he was overreacting. There could have been traffic, or maybe the pharmacy had a long line. 

Instead of freaking out and making a decision based on panic, he walked into the bedroom and shook Ice awake, "Hey, Maverick didn't come home." 

"Huh?" Ice coughed and looked at the clock, "When..when did he leave?" 

"An hour ago, but he just went down the street-" Slider jumped back when Ice hopped out of the bed and threw on some clothes, "Should I be panicked?" 

"That stupid fucking motorcycle!" Ice looked way too pale to be running around, but there he was, throwing on shoes and tossing Slider the car keys, "He better be fine." 

"Yeah, ok," Slider followed Ice out of the house, making sure to turn on the alarm and lock it before driving off towards the route that Maverick was most likely to have driven down. 

Their hearts dropped when they saw blue and red flashing lights up ahead.

"Oh my god," Ice feared the worst and closed his eyes, trying to keep the fear down, less he get worked up and faint.

"It might not be him," Slider swallowed thickly, speeding up to get there quicker, "Holy fuck," there was a sedan smashed against a tree, which it had toppled, "how fast were they going?" 

"Maverick!" Ice had  taken off his seatbelt just as Slider hit the breaks, "that's his bike!" 

Slider parked the car and got out, running after Ice who was full speed. Thankfully, Wolf and Hollywood were hanging with some of the base police when they got the call and were on scene. Wolf ran over to Ice and stopped him, catching him hard and held him in a hug.

"Mav is fine," He wasn't letting Ice get past him, "You can't go over there right now, but Mav is alive and doing fine," Wolf rubbed Ice's back as he coughed into his chest.

Hollywood looked a bit scared when Slider ran over, knowing he couldn't stop him, "Ron, please don't." 

"Don't what?" Slider came over to Wolfman and took Ice's shaking in his arms, "What happened?" 

"Cops aren't talking yet," Hollywood frowned, "it's civilian territory, our boys don't have jurisdiction." 

"But Mav is ok?" Ice was sweating and his could barely focus his eyes.

"Yeah," Wolfman came over and put a hand on Ice's forehead, "shit, you're burning up." 

"I told you he was sick," Slider raised a brow.

"I thought you meant something small, not the flu," Wolfman used his sleeve to wipe the sweat from his brow.

"Forget me, where's Mitchell?" 

"Being seen by the EMTs," Hollywood had his hands out like he was worried Ice would faint, "You don't look so hot, Ice." 

"I want to see Mav," Ice was swallowing down bile.

"They won't let anyone in, Tom," Hollywood looked a little nervous when Ice stood up straight, squeezing Slider's hand until it was white, "You're in no condition to play hard ball." 

"I've done it looking worse," All the fear that was pumping through his body turned to Ice and he just looked angry. The kind of cold fire angry that sent shivers down people's spine when he glared at them. 

Slider let go of Ice and watched as he went to go talk to the police chief. From his perspective it looked like Ice was doing most of the talking, while the chief looked about ready to shit himself, "and, in true Tom fashion," he sighed when Tom ran off towards the ambulance, "he intimidates people even with a 102 fever." 

"Damn," Hollywood jogged over and was surprised when the chief just gestured towards the ambulance, letting all of them head over.

Maverick looked up at the sound of feet hitting the pavement hard, "Ice?" He went from relieved, to scared, to worried all within two seconds, "what are you doing up?" 

"What the fuck happened?" Ice put his hands on his cheeks, turning his face over so he could see all the scrapes and bruises, taking particular interest in the bandaged on his forehead, "you hit your head." 

"No," Mav put a hand on Ice's hips, "but a piece of the tree did-splinter only, not the full tree," could see the fear and anger in Ice's eyes and swallowed thickly, "are you upset with me?" 

"No," Ice softened greatly, "God, no," Ice kissed his forehead and hugged him, letting go when Mav winced, "What?" 

"Um," Mav blushed and looked down, "Broke a few ribs." 

"What," Ice's voice was low and soft, but threatening, "Happened?" 

A police officer who was standing by the ambulance came over, "Mr. Mitchell is not at fault, sir." 

"Who are you?" Ice's Icy demeanor was back, fully intending on pulling rank. 

"Officer Mendez, sir," the man reached out his hand, and shook Ice's, before explaining," We had an officer parked off of the intersection, saw the whole thing," the officer pointed towards another officer a few feet away, "says the Sedan ran a red light and lost control, smacking full speed into the tree." 

"It hit you?!" Ice's eyes went large just as the others got there.

"No, sir," the officer knew who Ice was, "Mr. Mitchell dodged the car, but lost control when his wheel hit the stop sign," he pointed to the downed stop sign, "could have been much worse." 

"And the driver?" Ice was glaring daggers at the car.

"Drunk driver, died on impact." 

"They're dead?!" Mav lifted his head up, shocked.

Ice snapped back to Mav and saw the concern and guilt on his face, "Mav. You didn't do that." 

"They're dead-" 

"And you would be too if you hadn't trusted your instincts," Ice furrowed his brow, "You're lucky to be alive, especially with only a few broken ribs."

"I wasn't going to die," he picked something up, "I was wearing my helmet." 

Ice closed his eyes, feelings coming to the surface, and he was holding back tears, "G..good." 

"Ice?" Mav reached out to touch his cheek but Ice pulled back, "Don't do that. Don't freeze up on me," Mav tugged at his pants, "It's ok. I'm ok."

Ice blinked a bit and took a deep breathe, only to turn away and cough into his elbow.

"Woah," Mav stood up, wincing, and rubbed his back, "how did that get worse so fast?" 

"I'm fine," Ice stood back up properly and removed Mav's hand, "do the police need to question you further?" 

"No," Mav sat back down, "Just waited for the 'all clear' from the EMT." 

"Which you will have in a minute," the EMT came over and handed him some tylenol, "you're going to be fine, just try to take it easy. Your ribs aren't broken, but bruised. All that fun pain, without the lasting consequences." 

"Oh, that's good," Mav felt his jacket, "Good jacket." 

"You got lucky," Ice didn't look pleased.

The EMT looked at Ice up and down, "do you need a hospital?" 

Ice glared so hard at the EMT that the guy backed away slowly and got into the driver's seat.

"Well that was rude," Hollywood chimed in and came closer, "guess you can go home, Mav." 

"Yeah, just wish they could go home too," Mav looked over and saw the stretcher with the body bag wheel away, "Shit." 

"There is nothing you could have done-" 

"If I wasn't on the road, they wouldn't have crashed." 

"They could have killed someone, or made a bigger accident," Wolfman sat next to him and squeezed his hand, "you can't think like that."

"I guess," Mav sighed, "doesn't feel great though." 

"That's your bruised ribs," Ice looked down at his stomach, "you have blood on your shirt." 

"Superficial wounds, I promise," Mav glanced over at Slider, silently asking Slider if he saw it too. Of course, Slider nodded and looked over at Ice, hating how he's shutting down.

A siren went off as another call came in and a cop had to leave, making Ice flinch hard. He put a hand on the ambulance and grabbed his chest.

"Ok," Mav stood up and took the hand that was on Ice's chest, "time to go home." 

Ice shook his head and took his hand back, "I have some questions for the chief," He walked away from them.

Once Ice was out of earshot, Hollywood sat down with Wolfman, "I get it now. What you guys were talking about. Ice shutting down." 

"Yeah," Slider ran his hands over his face, "he's fine, just really overwhelmed with emotion."

"Hopefully, he breaks down in the car and it doesn't fester," Mav came over and hugged Slider, "you were worried." 

"Of course I am!" Slider huffed and put his face in Mav's hair, "you didn't come back." 

"You woke up Ice because you were scared." 

"I wake up Ice all the time," Slider growled, "you're not special." 

"Uhuh," Mav chuckled and winced, "ow." 

"Stop laughing," Slider stood back up, "Ice isn't going to sleep tonight." 

"Good thing he had that nap, then," Mav kept an arm around Slider, "Go get him?" 

"He'll come back when he's ready," Slider could see over people's heads and saw that Ice was done talking and had walked over to the car. 

----------------------------

Ice was told he'd be contacted if they needed anything from Maverick or any developments occurred. It was an open and shut case, but Ice didn't like loose ends; he always had a backup plan. Now he was over at the wrecked car and looked inside. The car reeked of alcohol and there were fast food spilled all over the car. Apparently, the drunk had decided to eat while driving too. 

What gave him pause was that there was a car seat in the back. Of course, the child was no in the car during the accident, but seeing that this person had a child, brought him back to his own childhood. 

Something he never told Mav or Sli was that his mother was an alcoholic. She had started drinking when his father started hitting her child. She couldn't do anything to stop him, and the one time she tried, he had hit her too. Instead, she went to the bottle, and for all he knows, still is at it. There were a few too many times he remembered being in the car with her while she had been drinking, and he hated it so much. The second he could drive, he never got into a car with his parents again. 

Something in him started to crack and he walked further into the woods. Thankfully, he was far enough away from the crime scene that no one would need to examine over here, as he threw up against the trunk of a tree. All that pushing down emotion, was making his stomach sick. He felt awful, much more than he did earlier. It wasn't until his second bout did he realize that tears were falling down his cheeks onto the grass below. 

He couldn't do this here. There were too many people around. At some point, someone was going to go look for him and find this mess. The only good thing was that he didn't throw up on himself. If he kept his distance, and maybe downed a bunch of mints, he could get away with it. He hadn't cried much, so maybe his eyes weren't puffy and red yet. Even if they were, it could be the fever. Easy pass. 

He had to remember, he wasn't with his parents. His parents weren't in his life. He was with Slider and Mav, the loves of his life. He was free to come and go as he pleased, take breaks, have hobbies, and even eat bread if he wanted to. He wasn't in the car and neither was his mother. He couldn't do all these "what ifs" or revert back to memories he wished he could just forget. People needed him and right now, Mav was probably in so much pain. He couldn't make Mav wait any longer for a nice bed and some ice for his wounds. 

With a shake of his head, he put back his facade and walked back towards the crime scene. Thankfully, no one had really moved much and he found the group right where he left them.

"Are you ready to go?" He looked down at Mav, who looked a little loopy, "EMT gave you stronger meds?" 

"It wasn't tylenol" Mav giggled and leaned into Slider, who looked annoyed.

"So I see," He looked at Wolfman and Hollywood, "thank you." 

"Anytime," Wolfman patted his arm, "Go home." 

"Working on it," Ice nodded before taking one of Mav's arms and walking with Slider towards the car.

"See anything interested down there?" Slider started the car.

"I saw enough," Ice didn't elaborated and leaned back in the seat, "I think my meds are wearing off." 

"Yeah," Slider glanced over, "you're starting to sound congested again." 

Ice sniffed, "shower," he cleared his throat, "then we're all going to bed." 

"Yes sir," Slider teased, "so bossy." 

"I'm sick, tired, and Mav is high, don't test me." 

"Wouldn't dream of it, baby," Slider reached over and took his hand, "You know we're going to be fine, right?" 

"I know Mav is fine." 

"I wasn't talking about Mav," Slider squeezed his hand, "I'm talking about us. No one's going anywhere. This is endgame, ok? No one's getting abandoned," he looked at Mav through the rear view mirror, "and no one is going to get hurt," he glanced at Ice, "we are sticking together, forever. You hear me?" 

"Yes," Ice raised a brow, "Why are you telling me this?" 

"No reason," Slider noticed the thousand yard stare, "just wanted a long winded way of telling you that I love you and you're stuck with me." 

"Oh dear," He said sarcastically, "Whatever shall I do." 

"Oh dear, indeed," Slider brought Ice's hand up and kissed it, "I love you." 

"I love you too," Ice looked up at him, "I love you." 

Slider smiled and  kept focus on the road, "that's all I wanted to hear." 

19 hours ago, RemedyBane said:
On 11/15/2022 at 11:28 PM, Mygyn said:

I have not recieved a ticket :( Enjoy it for me. I tried

Nooo @RemedyBane that sucks it was a stupid blood bath to get tickets my fingers are crossed that Taylor makes it right with the remaining tickets 😭 if you were close 5k Chicago I would offer you my extra seat :(  

P.S. I love this chapter it was so sad to see Mav get into an accident and poor Ice getting triggered by the drunk driving 😭 

The way that both Ice and Slider worried about Mav and Mav being worried about the drunk driver was such an interesting dynamic especially with Ice not feeling his best. So sweet! And don’t worry about your frequency of posting. I’m thrilled whenever you get around to it so never feel like you’re not posting enough :) 

*pokes* hope you had a good Thanksgiving just re-reading your stories tonight and wanted to comment to let you know how much I love and appreciate your writing and am super thankful for you as an author! This past summer was insanely difficult for me after losing my job and your ice/Mav/slider stories really helped me not go into a depression! So thank you so much for all you do for the community both here and on AO3! 

*offers fist bump* I wanted to echo what @Mygynsaid and say that these stories have definitely got me through some rough patches too. My Heath has steadily declined to the point where an invasive spinal surgery may be my only option and these drabbles have been such a blessing to me. When I say I read them all the time I am not exaggerating. I start from the beginning and work my way through all of them and then start right back again as many times as i can throughout the day. It’s inspired me to write my own Top Gun fics when I never would’ve been comfortable to do so without first reading your works and talking with you. You’re an amazing writer and person and just thought you may need to hear that 😊