Sneeze Fetish Forum

Top Gun (Mav x ice)

RemedyBane

This was as amazing as always! The way that Ice was able to have a fit in front of other people and not freak out just made my heart so happy! I cannot tell you how much I’ve loved these updates, and also thanks so much for the kind comments you left on both of my stories! It was honestly all you that got me into writing Top Gun Fanfiction. Without your stories here I never would’ve tried my hand at it and found the love that I do for it so before I forget to tell you, just know how much your stories and comments on mine have meant to me and I absolutely cannot wait for more!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RemedyBane

• Mygyn

• Wolfwings22

• Loverofreading

@MygynThank you so much! XOXO

@Wolfwings22 Thank you! I am so honored and so proud of you! I love your work so much. I am truly honored and humbled to be your inspiration. I love you so much.

TW: This is sad AF

Request: I have a request where Mav is really hurt and slider takes care of him

Together Always

~Maverick, you fucking idiot~ is the last thing Mav remembers thinking before he passed out.

They were doing a routine patrol, just trying to scare off this lone bogey. It should have been simple, but of course, Maverick had to make things interesting. After doing his usual upsidedown greeting to flip the bird to the unknown pilot, he didn't think that this bogey would actually do something besides look confused. The pilot saluted, just before turning his plane and forcing them both into a spin towards the water, neither one of them wanting to pull up first. It was some stupid 'whose is bigger' game and Maverick's pride was not going to let him win.

"Maverick, pull up!" Merlin was yelling at him from behind, doing his best to convince the pilot that there were other lives at stake than his own.

"He's going to pull up first, I'm sure of it." 

"Maverick, it doesn't matter," Merlin was yelling now, "We are just supposed to scare him off. If that plane doesn't go back, they'll assume we shot it down. It'll cause war!"

Maverick knew he was right, but couldn't get himself to give up.

Thankfully, the other pilot flinched first and pulled up, flying out of the spin and away from the carrier. 

"Ha!" Maverick pulled up and laughed, "told you he'd freak first!" 

Merlin looked around and saw the pilot turn back around, "Mav... He's coming back!" 

"What? Why?" Maverick moved to turn the plane around, just as the other pilot started shooting.

"We're hit! We're hit!" Merlin was calling over the radio, "Shots fired by Bogey. Shots fired by Bogey!" 

"Why is he firing? This isn't supposed to get violent?!" Maverick flew up, trying to get out of firing range when something hit one of the engines, making it explode. The force of the explosion pushed Maverick forward, hard enough that he hit the glass and passed out.

"May Day!" Merlin started calling out, "Pilot is unconscious, ejecting! Eject! Eject!" Merlin hit the eject for both of them.

Once they both hit the water, Maverick was still out, only staying afloat because of his pack.

"Maverick!" Merlin swam towards him and grabbed his front, pulling him towards him, harshly smacking his face, "Wake up, damn it!" 

It didn't take long for that other pilot to get blown up, giving the rescue team a safe path to Maverick and Merlin. There was a large gash on Maverick's forehead, but otherwise, he was ok. 

"Maverick!" Merlin was still trying to get him to wake up, even in the helicopter, "You better wake up so I can kick your ass!"

-------------------------------

Maverick ended up with quite the concussion and a few stitches and one hell of a verbal lashing from their commanding officer. 

Now he was staring at the ceiling in sick bay, waiting for someone else to come scream at him. Instead, Merlin came over and sat down on his bed.

"You know it wasn't your fault, right?" 

"How could it not be?" 

"No one expected them to start shooting. It wasn't logical. That pilot started a war over pride," Merlin looked at the bandage on Maverick's head, "I'm just glad you're ok." 

"Are you?" 

"Yeah," Merlin smiled slightly, "got some water in my ears, but other than that I'm right as rain." 

Maverick tried to smile but his heart wasn't in it, "are they sending me home?" 

"Yes and No," Merlin shrugged, "with your concussion, they don't want you on any flights home, so you're stuck here until your head is clear." 

He sighed, "I'm so screwed." 

"Not from what I hear," Merlin looked around to make sure he won't be heard, "I may have heard a certain admiral friend of ours is on the phone with our CO." 

Maverick's face paled.

"Why are you nervous? Ice always gets you out of trouble." 

"Merlin," Mav sat up slowly, "Ice is: A. thousands of miles away, B. taking chemo treatments, and C. has no idea what my condition is." 

"You think he's going to yell at you?" Merlin raised a brow, "he can't exactly speak much." 

Maverick hit him with a pillow, "this could kill him!" 

"First of all, no it's not," Merlin pushed Maverick back down, "and second of all, the doctors told Ice that you're fine. I'm sure Slider is giving him the play-by-play right now." 

Maverick blinked for a bit, "I forgot Sli is on the ship." 

"You share a bunk," Merlin looked at him like he was an idiot.

"It's hard to imagine Slider without Ice." 

"How is he taking that, by the way?" 

"Separation anxiety," Maverick shivered, "He keeps waking up in the middle of the night thinking Ice is dead." 

"Woah! what?!" 

"Yeah," Maverick looked about ready to cry, "the cancer is really freaking him out. I think he feels guilty being so far away." 

"He wants to take care of Ice?" 

"Yeah," Maverick winced as the lights seemed to get brighter, "Ice has to text him 5 times a day, or else Slider freaks out." 

"I bet that's driving you insane." 

"No," Maverick turned on his side and hugged the pillow, "I'm scared too." 

Merlin frowned, "Mav... It's Iceman. He's going to be fine." 

"It's cancer," Mav let a few tears slip down his cheek, "stage four." 

Merlin's face fell, "I had no idea it was that bad-" 

"Your concussion?!" Slider came in and ran to the bed, "Doc told me it wasn't that bad."

"We were talking about Ice," Mav looked up at Slider, "I miss him, Sli." 

Slider's face dropped and he looked like he was holding back tears too, "I know," he choked out before running his fingers through Maverick's hair.

"Does your stomach hurt?" Mav watched Slider rub his stomach.

"You know it does." 

Merlin was just watching this, realizing now just how 'close' the three of them were, "I'll let you get some rest," and left.

"Lay down with me?" Maverick was letting the tears freely flow down his cheeks now.

"Yeah," Slider crawled into the bed and held Maverick to his chest, "Doc says you can sleep. There's no internal bleeding." 

"I don't get that," Maverick slurred as he was already falling asleep, "that's where the blood is supposed to be." 

"Shh," Slider kissed his head and rubbed his back until he fell asleep alongside Maverick.

-----------------------------------

Slider was the first to wake up, eyes shooting open, heart racing, and tears staining his cheeks. He had just had another nightmare about Ice's death and he felt like throwing up. Slowly, he got out of bed, making sure Maverick was still asleep and comfy, before walking to the bathroom and waiting for the inevitable. 

Unfortunately, the doctor had just walked passed and frowned as Slider got up and washed his hands and mouth, "SeasicK? or sick?" 

"None of the above," he looked over at him and frowned. He needed to tell someone before it ate him alive, "my um.. best friend has stage four cancer," new tears rolled down his face, "and I'm here~" his voice cracked, "I should be with him." 

"Your best friend?" He looked skeptical, but walked over and rubbed his back, "Come on, let me get you something for your stomach." 

Slider wiped his eyes and followed the doctor.

"How much longer do you have aboard?" 

"Two weeks and three days," Slider still looked green.

"Have you been eating?" 

Slider looked down, "hard to keep anything down." 

"But are you eating?" 

Slider swallowed thickly, thinking of all the times he had this exact conversation with Ice, "no." 

"You can't starve yourself," the doctor handed him some meds, "how can you take care of your best friend when you can't take care of yourself." 

Slider laughed a bit, "I told him that all the time." 

"Tell."

"huh?" 

"Tell," The doctor frowned, "He isn't passed tense." 

Slider looked horrified with himself and grabbed a bucket before throwing up again.

"Ok, Ok," The doc rubbed his back, "you're getting yourself all worked up." he took a syringe out of the draw, "I'm putting you and Mitchell on sick leave for a few days," he put the needle in Slider's arm and put his other hand on Slider's forehead, "this is going to help you relax and get some actual sleep. When you wake up, we can work on filling out the papers to get you home early."

"Thank... you," Slider's eyes closed and he was asleep again.

-----------------------------------------------

Maverick woke up to find that Slider was no longer in bed with him, but fast asleep a few beds down, "What-?" 

The doc came to check on him, "gave him something to help him sleep."

"He sleeps fine-"

"He told me about Iceman," the doc took off the bandage to check on his stitches, "I'm sure he's having nightmares, but the stuff I gave him will have no dreams; just sleep." 

"You drugged Kerner?" 

"Yup," the doc smiled a bit, "when he wakes up you're both on sick leave and confined to your bunks until I can get you both released home." 

"What?" 

"I'm sending you both home," The doc squeezed Mav's hand, "Cancer... is a lot. You should be with Kazansky, not here getting yourselves killed. Besides, Kerner is going stir crazy." 

"You know what they say about RIOs and their Pilots." 

"and their wingman," the doc winked, "Kerner passed out there. Do you want to move beds?" 

"No," Mav smiled, "let him sleep. Once I got within hearing distance, he'll wake up." 

The doc laughed, "get some rest." 

-----------------------------------------------------

Slider opened his eyes to see Maverick standing over him, grinning like the idiot he was.

"I knew you'd wake up the second I stepped near you." 

"It's self-preservation," Slider teased before taking his hand, "how's your head?" 

"Pounding," Maverick sat down, "and light sucks, but I don't want to puke." 

"Think I'm doing that for both of us," Slider sat up, "time to go to our bunk?" 

Mav nodded and moved his thumb across the corner of Slider's mouth, "you were drooling." 

"That's gross.." 

"Since when is anything gross to you?" 

"It's cute when you do it," Slider rubbed his face with his sleeved arm.

"It's cute when you do it too," Mav winked.

"Stop flirting with me and let's go before vertigo sets in." 

"You have vertigo?" 

"No, idiot," Slider stood up and held onto Maverick's arm, "concussions come with Vertigo." 

"Oh, right," Maverick leaned into him, "gonna catch me if I faint?" 

Slider rolled his eyes, "have I ever let you fall?" 

"Ya know, there was a time you would have laughed at me falling." 

"That was before your weaseled your way into my heart." 

"That's me, the weasel."

Slider chuckled slightly, "I love you." 

Mav opened the door to their room and pushed Slider inside, "I love you too, now shush." 

"Why?" 

"People heard that." 

"So?" Slider took off his shirt, clearly sweating, "I say I love you all the time?" 

"Yeah, when people think you're talking to Ice," Mav rolled his eyes, "everything thinks that's just how RIO's talk to their pilots." 

"I'm pretty sure everyone just thinks I'm a very loving person," Slider started to take off his pants.

"Are you trying to seduce me?" 

"No," Slider came over in just his underwear, "I'm really hot and I know you'll want to cuddle until your concussion is gone." 

"I do want to cuddle,"  Mav started taking off his clothes too, "why is it always so damn hot in these things." 

"A thousand people on one ship, wonder why," Slider was being sarcastic.

"Don't make me think," Mav pouted, "Head hurts, Sli." 

"I know, baby," Slider Got into bed and opened his arms for Mav to crawl on top of him, "just try to get some sleep. I'm right here, Mav."

-----------------------------------------

Slider spent the next few days bringing food to Maverick, forcing him to eat, massaging his head, and holding him so close that no light penetrated his eyes. Now they were back in bed, Maverick having eaten, and now moaning as Slider massaged his head again.

"You're so good at this," Mav tried to stay awake.

"I've got lots of practice." 

Mav heard Slider's stomach grumble and frowned, "I thought you said you ate earlier?" 

"I did," Slider kissed Maverick's head, "stomach is just upset, I'm ok." 

"Gonna be sick?" 

"No," Slider started to massage Maverick's back.

"How did Ice sound today?" Maverick knew that talking about Ice was a touchy subject when Slider couldn't touch him, but he needed to know too.

"Sick," Slider sniffled slightly, "He called me while doing chemo and his cough sounds so productive and I can't tell if that's good or not. He says the chemo is working, but I don't know if he's just saying that for my benefit or not." 

"Ice wouldn't lie to you," Maverick frowned.

"You know Ice, He would never want us to worry about this." 

"Yeah, but he also knows you," Maverick sat up and looked at Slider, "he knows you're going to be a mess until he's in your arms again. He wouldn't tell you something that would give you hope unless it was true." 

Slider nodded and swallowed thickly, holding back tears, "I'm so... scared." 

"Me too," Mav bent over and kissed him, "It's ok. In a few days we'll be home and we can spend the whole day just holding Ice in bed and taking care of him." 

Slider sniffed, "Mav.. I'm thinking of letting my time run out." 

"You want to leave the navy?" Mav was genuinely shaken.

"I only have a few months left. What if Ice gets worse? I can't just be shipped away when he needs the help."

"In a few months, Ice could be in remission!"

"You don't know that!" 

"Neither do you!" Mav held Slider's face in his hands, "Ron. You love your job, but you have to have faith that Ice will tell you if he needs more help. Ice wouldn't want you to stop your career for him." 

"Ice doesn't even want me to make him tea in the morning," Slider rolled his eyes, "Mav, if I could take the cancer away by cutting off my own arm, I would. I would kill myself if it would make him better." 

"I know," Mav laid back down and hugged Slider, "I know."

"I'm sorry," Slider kissed his head, "I'm supposed to be taking care of you, and I'm crying." 

"We take care of each other," Mav kissed along Slider's chest, "I feel better, I swear. I'm scared too and talking it out with you... It helps." 

"You're just saying that..." 

"No," Mav rested his chin on Slider's chest, "Knowing I'm not crazy to feel like this, is really making it easier. I thought I was overreacting for being so freaked out and away from him, but you're just as freaked out as me, maybe even more. You make me feel like my feelings are valid, and I want you to feel that way too." 

Slider's phone started ringing and Slider immediately grabbed it, seeing Ice's name pop up, "He'll know I've been crying." 

"Ice probably already knows," Mav took the phone, "he's got spies everywhere." 

"Answer him?" 

"Duh," Mav opened the phone and grinned, "hello Handsome." 

-----------------------------------

They were on the next flight out, both eagerly waiting to touch down. Once they did, Slider hailed a taxi and paid the guy extra to step on the gas. Mav could tell Slider was barely holding on. His hands were shaking and his eyes looked far away.

Mav took Slider's hand, "it's going to be fine."

He had never seen Slider fall apart like this until the cancer diagnosis. In front of Ice, he smiled and was encouraging, while Ice looked so defeated and tired. He would kiss him and tell him how proud he was, while inside he was dying. 

Once they arrived, Mav saw Slider hesitate to open the door, "Ron. I've got the bags. Go." 

"I don't think I can hold it together, Mav." 

"Then don't," Mav squeezed his hand, "stop trying to take care of us and take care of yourself. Let it out and just let yourself feel. Ice can take it." 

Slider nodded, and got out of the car, but took the bags anyway; not letting Mav take them.

"I said I got it-"

"You're recovering," Slider sounded choked.

Mav realized he needed something else to focus on and just followed him to the door, surprised to find it open, "how did Ice know?" 

"He's Ice," Slider put the bags down and looked around, "I-" his voice cracked and he took a deep breath." 

"Ice?!" Maverick called out, hand rubbing Slider's back, "don't hold it in."

Ice came around the corner, walking with a cane, smiling as he saw his boys there, "Welcome home." 

Slider lost it and fell to his knees, bottom lip trembling.

"Ron..." Ice came closer, eyes going soft and worried, "what's wrong?" 

Ron just grabbed his leg and put his face in Ice's stomach and just started crying. 

Ice closed his eyes and held Slider's head, "I know." 

"We really missed you," Mav came over and kissed Ice's lips before whispering, "Don't let us leave you again." 

Ice hugged Maverick close and kissed his head, "I"m sorry." 

Slider's cries turned to sobs, which caused Ice to shed a tear, 'I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry." 

"Sli-" Maverick started crying too.

Ice put a hand on Slider's shoulder and knelt down, now sitting on his knees, "I'm not going anywhere." 

Slider pulled him in and started sobbing into Ice's shoulder. 

Ice let more tears fall, "I didn't know... I didn't know.

Slider felt like his chest was burning and he couldn't breathe. All of the nightmares that he'd had were bubbling up and he felt so relieved to see that Ice wasn't dead. He was in fact breathing and alive, and holding him.

Mav knelt down and hugged them both, heartbreaking, "God, Ron.." 

"Talk to me, baby.

"I can't lose you," Slider hugged him tighter, "I'm so sorry. I can't... I just can't...' 

"Why are apologizing?" 

"I shouldn't be panicking," Slider voice was interrupted by his hyperventilating, "I'm so scared. I can't breathe. I can't eat. I can't stop.." 

"It's ok," Mav kissed Slider's back.

"You never have to leave again," Ice was crying too, something that was very rare, "I'm scared too." 

Slider just started sobbing again, hands clenching Ice so tight his knuckles turned white.

"It's ok," Ice started rocking him, "It's ok." 

They stayed like that for what felt like hours before Slider calmed down and just stared at nothing. Ice actually looked relieved to have had this meltdown. Suddenly Ice started to laugh.

Slider, confused, sat up and looked at Ice, who just wiped his eyes.

"Are you laughing, right now?" Mav smiled incredulously.

"I thought I was crazy," Ice took a breath and smiled, "I thought it was just me." 

"No," Slider smiled too and laughed, "I've been trying to keep it together, but I'm barely hanging on." 

"me too," Ice let another tear fall, "God, it feels good to cry.' 

Mav started laughing, "this is kinda crazy."

"Can we make a pact?" Ice cleared his throat, "can we just say how we feel? I don't have the strength to pretend anymore, and I don't want you to do it either." 

"Deal," Slider sniffed and wiped his eyes, "I feel like shit." 

"That's because you haven't eaten." 

"Haven't been able to keep anything down since we left," Slider leaned his head against the wall, "I kept having nightmares that you were gone, and I just... I wanted to die." 

Mav watched as a few more tears rolled down SLider's face.

Ice took his hand, "Promise me, whatever happens, you won't." 

Slider shook his head, "I can't promise that, Ice." 

Mav took Slider's other hand, "It's not going to come to that." 

Ice squeezed SLider's hand, "Before I met you, I believe no one could ever care for me. That I was nothing and no one would care if I died. You taught me differently, and I love you so much for it. Please, If I do die, live for me." 

Slider started crying again.

"Baby,"  Ice pleaded, "Live for me." 

Slider nodded slowly.

"OK," Ice nodded and kissed Slider's hand, "but I have no intention of leaving either of you anytime soon." 

Slider lost it again.

“Sli," Mav came closer and wrapped him in a hug, "why don't we take a bath together then crawl into bed? I think we all need a good night's sleep together, and tomorrow, I'll go get us some breakfast."

"I love that idea." Ice leaned over and kissed Slider's head.

Slider sat up and nodded, rubbing his eyes, and taking a few deep breaths, but failed to stop crying.

"It's ok to cry.

"I'm supposed to say that to you," Slider sniffed.

"I learned that from you," Ice smiled as Slider helped him up and refused to let go of his hand.

Slider looked him in the eyes and bit his lower lip, trying to calm down, "I learned a lot from you too, ya know." 

Ice nodded, smiling, "I am so in love with you." 

"I love you so much," Slider held Ice's face in his hands, "I don't tell you that enough." 

"You tell me 5 times a day," 

"It's not enough," Slider kissed his forehead.

"Come here,'  Ice pulled him closer and kissed his lips, "You really are a marvel." 

Maverick smiled as he saw the pure love and adoration in his eyes, "you're both pretty fucking marvelous." 

"I love you, Maverick." 

"I love you too, Iceman," Mav kissed him quickly, "Now let's go before we all start sobbing again."

"Hmm," Ice kissed Maverick's forehead before letting Slider walk him toward the bathroom.

"I'm going with you to your next chemo appointment," Slider said firmly.

"We are all going," Maverick kissed Ice's cheek, "we're going to do all of this together, however long it takes." 

Ice kissed both of their hands, "together always."

Ahhhhh this was so sweet I can’t take it! Seeing Slider get emotional when he doesn’t usually when it comes to dealing with Ice’s cancer is something i didn’t know I needed in my life and now I can’t stop thinking about it. Having Slider and Mav comfort each other while being so far away from Ice was just too sweet and that reunion of the three of them is something I’m going to read over and over again! 

• 2 weeks later...

@Wolfwings22 ❤️❤️❤️ 

Flu (Wolfman finds out about Ice's past)

Ice's alarm went off, as it always does, at 5 am, and Ice obediently got up and went to put on his running clothes. He was always extra careful not to make much noise, lest he wakes up Slider, but no matter how quiet he was, Mav sometimes woke up and just watched him get dressed, sometimes getting up too to kiss him. This happened to be one of those times. 

Ice had just finished brushing his teeth and washing his face when Maverick walked into the bathroom.

"Good morning, gorgeous," Maverick kissed Ice's shoulder, trying not to laugh at Ice's expression in the mirror, "do you want some help?" 

"n'huh..no'hh," Ice shook his head before taking one final breathe, "tchiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-hiew." 

"Bless you," Mav kissed his shoulder again, "Slider's going to be so upset he missed your morning fit." 

"I always sneeze after I wake up. You both usually get me during my post-run allergy attack," he rolled his eyes and sniffed.

"Why do you like running if it just irritates you?" 

"The running doesn't make me itch," he rubbed his nose, "Everyone just loves their stupid grass lawns, and-" he put a finger up, "S'hiih..sorry-" raised his elbow again, "tschiew-chiew-schew-schiew-chiew-chew-chew-chew-hiew." 

"God Bless you," Mav wrapped his arms around his middle and squeezed lightly, "even talking about grass is giving you the sneezes." 

"Mav, that's impossible." 

"I'm just teasing," Mav turned him around and kissed him, "you're so cute." 

Ice just smiled and kissed Mav back, "go join Sli in bed. I'll make breakfast when I get back." 

"You always do," Mav kissed him again.

He watched Ice disappear towards the living room and tsked when he heard Ice sneeze again.

-----------------------------

On his run, he found it harder to really get into a rhythm because he kept pausing to sneeze. It was times like these he really wished he just had one big sneeze and moved on. That way he wouldn't have to stop, but no, he had to have a million little sneezes. 

Now he was stopped by the beach, elbow covering his face as he stifled another fit. Unbeknownst to him, Wolfman had been running in the opposite direction and witness his fit. A little worried about him, he jogged over and took Ice's free arm so he didn't fall over.

"Hey, Ice, just breathe," Wolf rubbed his back after the fit left Ice a little dizzy. 

"I'm fine-" 

"This isn't your first fit of the day," Wolf had known about Ice's sneezes ever since his unfortunate head cold at Top Gun that left him sneezing every few seconds, "you look miserable." 

Ice swallowed thickly, hating these conversations, but put on a small smile, "yeah... don't know what's setting me off." 

"Maybe you're getting sick," Wolf touched his forehead, frowning when Ice flinched, "alright?" 

"Yeah," Ice blinked fast and stood straighter, "wasn't expecting that." 

"I just want to see if you have a fever," Wolf tried again and sighed, "nothing." 

"That's a good thing," Ice sniffed and scrunched his nose up, really trying not to sneeze again.

"Stop doing that," Wolf poked his forehead, halting Ice's concentration.

"Tschiew-chiew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-hiew-hiew-hiew." 

"God bless you," Wolf smirked a bit, "should have named you kitten." 

"Don't push it." 

"Ok, grumpy," Wolf put an arm around his shoulders, "let me walk you home. Don't want you having a fit and walking into traffic."

"I'm not going to-" Ice pulled up his shirt, "tschew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew." 

"you were saying?" 

"What about your run?" Ice sniffed and rubbed his nose.

"I think you're in shape for both of us," he teased, "make me a cup of coffee and I'll forgive ya." 

Ice sighed, "boys are still asleep-chiew!" 

Wolf rubbed his back instead of saying 'bless you'.

"Sorry," Ice shook his head, "Can you um.. not tell anyone about this?" 

"Secret is safe with me," he frowned, "you look horrified." 

"I'm not-" Ice looked away desperate holding back another sneeze.

"Hey," Wolf stopped walking and pulled Ice back in, "it's really ok. It happens." 

Ice felt the sneeze dissipate and sighed with relief, "I know."

"It's almost march. You're probably having some really bad hay fever, along with probably half the population." Wolf noticed Ice looked even more embarrassed, "Are you uncomfortable about being sick? Or me talking about it." 

Ice's eyes found Wolf's fast, "what?" 

"Is this about my comment? Calling you kitten?" 

"No," Ice tried to push back the trauma that was bubbling up, "Just not used to.. calling attention to it." 

"I'm sorry, Ice. I didn't mean it like that. I just didn't want you to think I was disgusted or something," he scratched the back of his head anxiously, "It's just that they are really cute, and was trying to release the tension." 

"I know," Ice scrunched his nose up, "it's not you. I'm trying to get used to all of this." 

"Top Gun?" 

"No," Ice shrugged, "that's probably the most relaxed I feel all day." 

"Then what?" 

Ice shook his head and turned around, wiping the tears that threatened to fall down his face.

"Tom?" Wolfman was really worried now.

"We should go," Ice started walking again, "If they wake up and I haven't made breakfast, you might need to call the fire department." 

"Tom!" he sighed and ran after him, "wait up!" 

The remainder of the walk was done in relative silence, aside from Ice's occasional stifles. The tension was palpable and Wolf was getting worried he had offended Ice somehow. When they got to Ice's door Wolf decided he had enough.

"Tom," Wolf came closer, "you know you can tell me anything, right?" 

Ice looked up at the sky, taking a breath, before nodding, "I know. I owe you a coffee," he unlocked the door and ushered him in.

To both of their surprise, Maverick was up and eating cereal.

"Did you guys run together?" Maverick got up and out of his chair to hug Wolfman...

"Not exactly," Wolf side-eyed Ice, not really sure what to say.

"That's suspicious," Mav raised a brow and looked at Ice.

"Got a stitch in my side, Wolf found me sitting on the beach." 

"I wanted to make sure he was ok," Wolf smiled a bit, "can't be too careful." 

"Do you need Ice?" Mav came closer and felt Ice's sides, "you don't feel tight." 

"Walked it off," Ice kissed Mav's forehead before walking towards the kitchen, "Are you still hungry?" 

"Always," Mav wasn't fooled by this story and gave Wolf a look, which made their fellow aviator flinch, "I'll go wake up Sli." 

"I've just started cooking." 

"Yet, we have a guest," Mav disappeared into the bedroom.

Wolf came closer to Ice frowning, "he doesn't believe us." 

"I know," Ice stepped away from the pan and ducked into his elbow, stifling.

"You know they're going to figure it out. You're still irritated." 

"I know," Ice sniffed and went back to making eggs, "I'll say something when Slider is up." 

Wolf nodded and went to set up the coffee pot, "bless you, by the way." 

"Thanks," Ice croaked out, hating that specific call and response. 

Not long after the coffee was made, Slider appeared, "Good Morning my handsome loves, and Wolf." 

"I resent that." 

"Are you one of my loves?" 

"I'll be whatever you want me to be, baby," Wolf winked at Slider, making the taller man laugh.

"Hollywood's going to be so jealous," Mav smirked.

"Yeah, especially when he's missing out on homemade breakfast," Wolf bumped Ice with his elbow slightly.

"He's welcome anytime," Ice cleared his throat as he transferred eggs, bacon, and potatoes to plates. 

Slider came up behind him and started to kiss along his shoulder, "feeling alright?" he whispered.

Ice nodded and turned to kiss Slider.

"Where are my kisses?" Mav pouted.

"Come get them-"

"Not by the hot stove!" Ice chastized.

"Fine," Slider gave Ice a big kiss before going to Mav.

"Is this how you start every morning?" Wolf watched as Ice nodded before turning away and stifling into his elbow.

This action was not lost on either Mav or Slider but said nothing, which somehow made the silence worse. Ice took the pan off of the heat and turned the oven off before turning around, "I can't do this anymore." 

"Do what, baby?" Slider stood straight up, ready for whatever mood or freak out was about to happen.

"This is insane," Ice stepped a bit away from the stove and put both hands on the island, "I shouldn't be embarrassed about this. I shouldn't be upset, but I'm screaming inside." 

"What's going on, Ice?" Mav looked really worried.

Ice took a few breaths before looking right into Maverick's eyes, then flickering to Slider's, "I know I'm not sick, but I keep.." he closed his eyes and swallowed back the anxiety, "sneezing and when I was running I couldn't really get far without having to stop and that's how Wolf found me. It just sent me into a panic and now my heart won't stop racing, and I'm in fight or flight mode." 

Wolf had never seen Ice admit or act like he wasn't perfectly ok all the time.

"I think I'm missing something," Wolf furrowed his brow, "why does that send you into a panic?" 

Ice just smiled and laughed, something that sounded almost like a sob, "Isn't that the question of a lifetime." 

"Ok," Slider walked over and put his hands on Ice's cheeks and kissed his forehead, "you're having a panic attack, it's ok." 

"It's really not," Ice took a deep breath and removed Slider's hands from his face, "Leo," he turned to Wolfman and looked just left of him, "My dad used to hit me whenever I made noise or a scene in public, so when you came I went back to my dad running at me and kicking my ass," he paused to breathe, " and now I feel like I can't breathe." 

"Tom, I'm so sorry," Wolf looked horrified, "Shit, I swear I didn't mean to scare you." 

"You didn't," Ice put a hand on the fridge, "It's.. hard to.. explain." 

"Ok," Slider took Ice's waist and held him against him, "we're going to sit on the floor. It's ok." he went down with him when Ice's knees buckled and let him rest against his chest, "you're doing great." 

Wolf whispered to Mav, "his dad would beat him if he sneezed?" 

"Yup," Mav sighed, "coughed, cleared his throat, anything set that bastard off." 

"So he has a panic attack every time he sneezes? Or Coughs?" 

"No," Mav watched as Slider was calming Ice down by rubbing his chest and kissing his face, neck, and shoulder, "He's been doing really great, but sometimes he has a bad day. They don't happen a lot." 

"tschiew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-hiew," Ice ducked into his shirt again and sighed when Slider started to kiss along his neck.

"It's ok," Slider continued to rub his side and chest when Ice buried his face in his neck, "I love you. You're doing so well." 

Wolf slowly walked over and sat down by Sli but facing the opposite way, "How do you fly?" 

Ice squeezed Slider's hand, telling him he got this, "He can't hurt me up there." 

Slider kissed his forehead and let his lips linger, "he only gets this way when he isn't feeling well. Haven't had a panic attack in months." 

"Didn't you have a cold two weeks ago?" Wolf whispered.

Ice sat up, feeling like he could breathe again, "Yeah. I'm not afraid to be sick, at least not with them, but sometimes he'll just pop up in my head, and when I couldn't run, It lowered my defenses." 

"That's your way of coping?" 

"One of them," Ice sniffed, "running helps clear my head. I can just feel the air and just run the anxiety off, I guess. It just keeps me calm.

"I'm really sorry, Tom." 

"Don't apologize," Ice took Wolf's hand and squeezed, "you just caught me on a bad day." 

"Speaking of," Mav came and sat down with them, "why are you sneezing?" 

"I don't know," he scrunched up his nose, "maybe I'm not completely over that cold?" 

"That would explain the episode," Slider kissed the back of his head, then explained to Wolf, "#1 cause of his attacks is a fever." 

"Which is exactly what caused the episode a month ago," Mav chimed in.

Slider touched Ice's forehead, "well, you definitely have something now." 

Ice just fell back against Slider, "I'm a little dizzy." 

"a year ago he would have told us all to fuck off and never admit how he felt," Mav nudged Wolf, "this is huge progress." 

"Especially telling you that he wasn't feeling great. I think you're the first person besides the two of us who he'll talk to." 

"Now if we can just get him to whine," Mav shook Ice's leg, "he'll almost pass as a normal sick person." 

Wolf chuckled, "Hollywood is a BIG whiner." 

"So is Mav," Slider grinned when Mav made a face at him.

"Only when I have the hottest caretakers in the whole world," Mav took Ice's hand and squeezed it, "you're just such a hot nurse." 

"I don't mind it," Ice sniffed again, "Makes me feel better about telling you guys things." 

"Like that, you don't feel well and need some medicine?" 

Ice closed his eyes, "Yes." 

"How about right now?" Mav squeezed his hand again.

"I feel dizzy, and my head is starting to feel heavy," He closed his eyes tightly, "oh.. this is coming on fast." 

"Probably the flu," Wolf rubbed his legs, "they tend to hit you out of nowhere." 

"Yeah, your fever is coming in fast," Slider held him tighter, "you're sweating, baby." 

"Ok," Mav got up, "I'll get you some meds. Wolf, makes him some tea." 

"On it," Wolf jumped up to do so.

"You don't have to-" Ice tried to sit up but his eyes rolled back and he fell back against Slider.

"Ok," Slider put Ice's head in the crook of his neck, "bed rest for the whole week. This is going to be a bad one."

"Did he pass out?" 

"Yup," Slider gave Wolf a small, but sympathetic, smile, "He doesn't do well with fevers." 

"So I'm realizing," Wolf got some Ice and wrapped it in a towel, "I had no idea he could even feel like this." 

"That's why he's called Iceman," Slider fixed the Icepack better onto his forehead, "he's impossible to read, unless he lets you in." 

Wolf nodded, "can I stay?" 

Slider nodded, "I think that's a great idea."

So sorry it took me a minute to comment I was on a plane all day yesterday (one of my least favorite things to do ironically) but I adored this update and while I was on the plane I reread this entire thread to keep me occupied. Awesome update as ever with Wolf coming in and Ice actually letting him. So so so sweet!

I start a new job tomorrow and I’m hecka nervous so I’m now re-reading your drabbles in order to avoid freaking out 😂 so for the bazillionth time thank you for writing them!

On 2/23/2023 at 10:27 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

So sorry it took me a minute to comment I was on a plane all day yesterday (one of my least favorite things to do ironically) but I adored this update and while I was on the plane I reread this entire thread to keep me occupied. Awesome update as ever with Wolf coming in and Ice actually letting him. So so so sweet!

I am so fucking thrilled yall read this shit over and over again! It fucking gives me so much joy. LIke damn! The whole thing, on a PLANE! Fuck yeah! Love you! XXOXOXOXOXO

2 hours ago, Mygyn said:

I start a new job tomorrow and I’m hecka nervous so I’m now re-reading your drabbles in order to avoid freaking out 😂 so for the bazillionth time thank you for writing them!

YOU ARE GOING TO BE AMAZING!! YUUSSS BABBBYYY! Like I said to Wolf, I am fucking THRILLED to read that yall re-read this over and over again. It's so fucking amazing. I am so grateful for you all! XOXOXOOO

Requests: "It's coming up to Mav's birthday and Ice has made loads of plans to make the day as special as possible however on the actual day he comes down with a really bad cold. As usual Ice tries to push through for Mav but Mav catches onto what Ice is doing pretty quickly and insists there's no way he'd rather spend his birthday than with his husband, sick or not. Some Slider and Rooster action in here could also be pretty cool so Mav has someone to double team Ice with. (You can leave this part out if you don't feel it would contribute to the storyline though.)"

I kinda ran with this, so I'm so sorry.. but hopefully this still applies? 

Birthdays

"Ron, we still haven't heard back from anyone," Ice was pacing back and forth behind the couch, "We sent out the invitations weeks ago." 

"Babe," Slider looked on worriedly, "They're probably not in town, or off on some ship." 

Ice stopped moving and held onto the back of the couch, "shit." 

"Babe," Ron got up and walked over to him, "you're working yourself into a frenzy. You know Mav doesn't care about parties. He'd much rather order a pizza, drink some beers, and watch a movie." 

"We do that all the time," Ice put his hands on Slider's chest, "he's turning 60. This should be special." 

"Every day with you is special," Ron kissed Ice's lips, "Baby, he's just happy you're still here." 

Ice frowned and wrapped his arms around Ron's waist, letting his head rest against his chest, "I know I really scared you all."

"Terrified us," Ron wrapped his arms around him and kissed the top of his head.

"You all spent far too many birthdays at my bedside," Ice pulled back and cleared his throat, "you both deserve to blow off some steam." 

"I think he'd much rather do it in bed," Slider picked Ice's chin up, ready to kiss him again, but felt a warmth that wasn't supposed to be there, "are you feeling alright?" he moved his hand up to his cheek, then to his forehead.

"I feel fine," Ice removed his hand from his face and held it.

Slider, admitting defeat, sighed and squeezed Ice's hand, "then why don't we ask the kids to join us at the bar and we can celebrate there."

"Sounds great," Ice kissed Slider, "I'll make the call-" 

"Nope," Slider kissed his lips again, "you are going back to bed and getting some rest. Your voice is starting to get raspy again. Don't want to lose your voice before the party." 

"I'm not sick." 

"Not anymore," Slider took off Ice's glasses and put them in his own shirt, "but you're still recovering. That means plenty of naps, and," he saw the clock, realizing what time it was, "taking all of your meds on time." 

"Already?" Ice squinted at the clock but couldn't see a damn thing.

"Yes," Slider took his arm and guided him back to the bedroom, "I promise I will call the kids and the bar. Get some rest, and I'll wake you up in an hour." 

"30 minutes," Ice tried to negotiate.

"50." 

"45," Ice raised a brow.

"Deal," Slider tucked him into bed and kissed his forehead, "I love you." 

"I love you too," Ice closed his eyes and coughed slightly, already slipping off into sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Sli," Rooster came in and looked confused when Slider shushed him before hugging him, "Pops asleep?" 

"Yup," Slider smiled softly before following Rooster into the kitchen, "he's taking a 30-minute nap." 

"Oh yeah?" Rooster tried not to smile, "and how long ago did you put him down?" 

Slider looked up at the clock, "ohh... almost two hours ago." 

Rooster laughed softly as he filled up a glass with water, "gonna turn the clocks back before he wakes up?" 

"Nah," Slider pointed to the glasses on his shirt, "he has no idea what time he fell asleep." 

"That's not going to fool him." 

"I'm kind of hoping the fever will help." 

Rooster's face dropped, "He's sick?" 

"He won't admit it, but he's definitely got one." Slider shrugged, "you know his immune system is still shot." 

"Yeah, but he was working so hard on Mav's party." 

"Which just got turned upside down," Slider frowned when he heard Mav's bike outside, "most of our old friends are out at sea, so he wanted to invite your new class." 

"Have you sent out the invite, yet?" 

"Not going to," He whispered as he heard the keys in the lock, "you know Ice is going to be too sick for a party." 

"He's going to be crushed." 

"More concerned with how Mav's going to react," he nodded his head towards the living room, "haven't told him yet." 

"Haven't told me what?" Mav called from the living room.

"About your supernatural hearing," Slider walked out towards the living room and frowned, "it's uncanny." 

"Think you'd have gotten used to it in the last 30 years." 

"You'd think you had gone deaf with all the times you've been yelled at in the last 30 years." Slider threw back before kissing the smaller man.

"Very funny, Kerner," Mav pulled him closer by his belt loops and kissed him again, "now what have you not told me?" 

"Our class is out at sea. Fancy a movie night?" 

"Oh fuck yes," Mav kissed Slider's lips again, "Ice on board?" 

"He won't have much choice," Rooster chimed in, raising a brow at Slider.

"Is he ok?" Maverick frowned and pulled back, looking down the hall.

"He's fine, just taking a nap," Slider half glared at Rooster, "He was just disappointed he couldn't get our old friends." 

"That's not all is it?" 

Slider didn't want to tell him he was sick, so he went with another truth, "he was thinking about getting your kids to come, but he wasn't sure if you'd like that." 

"I love those kids," Mav glanced at Rooster, "some more than others," he looked back at Slider, "but after all we've been through, I just want my family." 

Slider looked really relieved, "You just said the perfect thing," he bent down and started kissing Maverick, who was grinning ear to ear.

"Oookay," Rooster covered his eyes, "I'm going away now." 

"Go check on Ice, please," Slider said between kisses, slowly making his way to the couch.

"You guys are gross. Seriously scaring your kid, here!" 

"You're grown!" Maverick called back before going back to making out with Sli.

---------------------------------------------------------

On the day of Maverick's birthday, Ice woke up feeling like he got hit by a truck. His limbs felt heavy, his head felt light, and he was so cold. He reached over to the nightstand and put on his glasses, glancing at the clock, only to see that it was 3 am. There was no reason he should be up, but since he was, he was going to try to nip this fever in the bud. 

He carefully got up, thankful that the cane was just by his nightstand, even though he normally didn't need it, and walked to their shared bathroom. They were fully stocked up on cold and flu medications (all approved by his doctors) since his remission. Any little bug tended to knock him on his ass for a week, and he could NOT have that today of all days. He had planned on doing whatever Maverick wanted to do. Go for a walk in the park, go to their favorite breakfast place, fix his plane, play football or volleyball, he would really go for anything. Well, he wouldn't be playing the sports, but Slider and Roo could. 

Maverick was such an excitable, adventurous, and energetic man. He would never want to cage that spirit, not even for a moment. Ice wanted Maverick to have the best time. He wouldn't ruin this for him. Not after all the birthdays he had to sit by Ice's bedside as the chemo kept him bedridden. It wasn't fair to any of them. So, when he was told he was in remission, he promised himself that he would do whatever it takes to make it up to his boys; Rooster too. He couldn't spoil this with a fever. He could keep it up for one day. Just 24 hours. Please, God, just give him 24 hours.

after he downed some medicine, he walked back to bed and prayed that when he woke up some hours later, he would feel well enough to fake it. Of course, that did not happen.

The sun eventually woke Ice up when it shone in his eyes and he immediately felt a pain in his head. Confused, he turned his face away and opened his eyes, only to see that the bed was empty. He searched for his glasses and found that they were not on the nightstand where he had left them last night.

"What-?" 

"Good Morning, Handsome," Maverick came in with a cup of hot tea and sat down on the bed, "Roo is making waffles, and you are just in time for some," he bent down and kissed Ice's forehead.

"you're awake?" 

"Yup," Mav took off Ice's glasses from his shirt and put them on Ice's face, "stole your glasses so you wouldn't try to wake up early." 

"Why?" 

"Because I wanted you to rest," Mav kissed Ice's lips before helping him sit up and handing him the tea.

"I would have made breakfast-" 

"I know," Mav smiled, "but I wanted you to get some extra sleep. You were restless last night. I think you had a nightmare." 

"It's your birthday," Ice tried to get out of bed, but Mav stopped him.

"So?" Mav crawled into bed with him and drank his coffee, "maybe I wanted to spend extra time with my favorite admiral in bed. Is that so awful?" 

"You are never awful." 

"Besides, we have a kid. Let's make him do all the dirty work," Mav kissed Ice's cheek, noticing the fever, "I just want my very sexy partners."

"I thought you said Rooster had the waffles ready?" 

"Slider can have the first few," Mav leaned over and nibbled on Ice's ear, "I think Roo can wait a few minutes for us old timers." 

Ice chuckled slightly, "Happy Birthday, Mav." 

"Thank you," Mav kissed his lips, "I love you so much." 

"I love you more," Ice kissed his forehead.

After breakfast, Ice asked Mav what he wanted to do today. When asked what Ice had planned, he said that was for the evening, and Mav was in charge of the day. That made Maverick smile.

"Well, I think we all know what I'd like to do," Mav made a gesture towards Rooster, "but that might just have to wait." 

"I can leave-"

"Nope," Mav took hold of Rooster's arm, "you're stuck here." 

"Never stuck, Mav." 

"It's a beautiful day," Ice looked outside, "does the beach sound appealing?"

"It's also a great day to sit out in our garden and rest," Slider slipped in, ignoring the look he got from Ice.

Maverick, knowing damn well how Ice was feeling, thought about his options, "It's a bit too hot for the beach," he was more worried about Ice's fever spiking if he got stuck out in the sun, "but I do owe Betty a joy ride." 

"Who's Betty?" Rooster looked confused and worried for Mav at that moment; assuming it was some real person.

"She's his P-51 Mustang," Ice smiled before coughing into his fist, "he's been working on her for a while now." 

"God, how long has it been?" Mav ran his fingers through his hair.

"It was right after cancer came back," Slider looked between Ice and Mav, clearly wanting to tell Ice to stay home.

Mav wanted to kick Slider. Usually, he was so full of tact, but clearly, he was done. They both knew why Ice was pushing going out and doing things. They both knew why Ice wouldn't admit to being sick. This wasn't like Slider to push this issue.

Ice broke the silence, "Why don't you take Bradley up." 

"I like that idea," Mav raised a brow at Rooster.

"Oh boy," Rooster huffed a small laugh, "only if you promise it won't be like last time." 

"No one's going to shoot at us in this thing, promise." 

Considering the look on Slider's face, that might have been a bad promise. 

--------------------------

Slider had insisted on helping Ice dress, face completely unimpressed.

"You're upset with me." 

"Yes," Slider set his jaw and clenched his teeth, not making eye contact.

"Ron," Ice took Slider's hands and kissed them, "look at me, Ron." 

"No," Slider took his hands back, "you know how I feel about this. There's no point in discussing it." 

"I'm not going up in the plane-"

"But you're still going," Slider looked angry, "I can't stop you, but don't expect me to play along." 

Ice didn't know what to say, and just let Slider walk away. Slider had never acted this way to him. It was alarming and... painful. His chest felt really tight and had to sit down, glad that he was alone in the room as he coughed. It wasn't too bad, but a few tears did fall down his cheeks, but for an entirely different reason. 

Maverick was helping Rooster clean up the kitchen when he saw Slider storm out of the house, "Oh shit."

"What?" 

Mav felt like his heart was going to stop. Did Slider get angry at Ice? Has that ever happened before? Oh god, this was bad.

"Mav?" Rooster looked confused.

"Go see if Ice is ok," Mav swallowed thickly, "I think they had a fight." 

"Slider and Pops?" Even Rooster looked confused.

"I fucking hope I'm wrong." Mav ran out the door to go find Ron.

Thankfully it only took him a second to scan the front yard to find Slider walking with his hands on his head, clearly trying to calm down. Unable to stop himself, he ran after him and shouted, "Did you get upset with Ice?" 

"Yes!" Slider turned around and was clearly regretting everything, "Mav... He's killing himself." 

"No he's not," Mav pulled Slider out of view of the street and talked under a tree, "he's going to be fine." 

"No," Slider was now the one pacing, "this isn't like before. He's better than that. This isn't about pride or trauma. This is about us." 

"Us?" 

"Yeah, Us," Slider put his hands down at his side, "he thinks he owes us something. Like this was all some big favor." 

"What are you talking about?" 

"He thinks he owes us for taking care of him!" Slider looked ready to punch a wall.

"Oh," Mav knew this was Slider's biggest trigger. He once punched an admiral for assuming Slider took care of Ice out of RIO/Pilot obligation. 

"Oh?" Slider was breathing heavily, "you know he's sick, I know he's sick, Rooster knows he's sick," he was gesturing wildly, clearly fuming, "and he's trying to pretend that everything is fine at his own risk, just because he wants to make up for past birthdays!?" He was sort of yelling now, "Did you want to have a party when he was on chemo?" 

"No."

"There was nowhere else I wanted to be," he was grinding his teeth with how tense his jaw was, "we didn't sacrifice shit!"

"I agree with you." 

"I could never celebrate without Ice," Slider's tone was changing, "If he.. if he had died..."

"Sli, I know." 

"I don't think I could have celebrated anything.. ever." 

"I know." 

"and he thinks... That we wanted some fucking party?" 

"We just want him." 

"This is all we need. I don't want to do anything without Ice. I don't want to breathe without Ice," tears were flowing down Slider's cheeks now, and his hands had unclenched.

"Sli, I know," Maverick came closer and pulled him into a hug, "I know." 

"How could he think that?" 

"You know how Ice thinks," Mav rubbed his back as he cried into his shoulder, "he just wanted us to be happy." 

"How could we be happy without him?

"He wanted us to let go," Mav squeezed Slider tight, quoting Ice, "It's time to let go." 

"I can't." 

"He's still here, Ron," Mav whispered, "he wanted us to be prepared. Now, he feels guilty." 

"I got upset with him, Mav." 

"I know." 

"God, why did I do that?" 

"PTSD?" 

Slider sobbed, "Shut up." 

"He didn't take it the way you think he did." 

"I don't know what to do now," Slider sunk down to the ground with Mav, "I've never done this before." 

"That's ok," Mav rubbed his back, "let him choose his limits. The cancer is gone." 

"That's what they said the first time." 

"It's really gone this time," Mav held him as he calmed down. 

It took Slider a minute before he stopped freaking out, then he opened his eyes and saw where they were sitting, "Mav?" 

"Yeah?" 

"We need to shower."

Mav chuckled, "Why?" 

"We're in grass." 

"Oh shit," Mav stood up fast and laughed with Slider at how ridiculous they were acting.

Slider stood up and brushed off his pants, frowning.

"Compromise?" 

"Huh?" 

"Ice sits in the hangar with you, just relaxing. I take Rooster up, then we grab Pizza and Beer, come home, and watch movies until we all pass out." 

"Ice will think you're disappointed." 

Mav smiled, "My happiest memories are with you both. You have given me a family, love, and a home. When I lost Goose, I thought I'd never have that again. Now I have more kids than I know what to do with." 

"Ice is going to think you're compromising." 

"Fine," Mav pulled out his phone, "then we call the calvary." 

------------------------------

Rooster actually enjoyed the air ride with Mav, now that they weren't in any danger. When they got back, they were both laughing and excitedly talking to Ice and Slider about the flight and Rooster kept making these cheap shot old jokes, but Ice seemed pleased.

"We should head back," Slider looked at Ice, "Someone has a surprise waiting at home." 

Ice furrowed his brow at Slider, confused.

"A surprise? for me?" Mav kissed Slider before pulling him up, "Roo, help Ice." 

Rooster helped Ice up and was talking his ear off about the plane as they walked to the car.

"Did you talk to Ice?" Mav squeezed Slider's hand.

"No," Slider looked ashamed, "he wouldn't look at me." 

"It's Ice," Mav tried to look sympathetic, "he probably forgave you the second you said it." 

Slider unlocked the car, "You're driving."

"Yes!" Mav took the keys and waved them towards Ice and Roo, "Buckle up." 

Ice made 'oh dear' face before smiling and letting Rooster help him into the car. 

"How's my wingman?" Mav got into the car and squeezed Ice's hand. Now that he was looking at him, he could see the wait redness to his nose and beads of sweat on his brow. Clearly, Ice's cold was starting to get to him.

"I'm happy you're happy." 

That was a non-answer, "I am happy." 

Ice saw something in Mav's eyes that gave him pause, but it was gone the second he looked back to check on Rooster and Slider.

"Mav, you're going to be late for your own surprise party," Slider rolled his eyes.

"We really need to brush up on your definition of 'surprise'," Mav teased.

"Says the man that gets tripped up with the different Their, there, & they're on his reports."

"Hey, no cheap shots on my birthday," Mav laughed before pulling out of the hangar.

---------------------------------

"Happy Birthday, Old Man!" Hangman opened the door for all of them and handed Mav a beer, a smile turning to a grimace of fear when he saw Ice, "Admiral Kazansky, sir." 

"At ease, Hangman," Ice took the man's arm, "not in my own home." 

"Yes, sir." 

Slider rolled his eyes and followed them, grabbing a beer for himself and saying hello to the other kids. 

The party went on great. The kids brought pizza and someone actually got a cake. The boys wanted to actually put 60 candles in the thing but Pheonix slapped the hangman upside the head and they all agreed to just put 6 and 0 on the cake. That was the moment Ice knew he liked Phoenix. Slider spent most of the party trying to figure out a way to apologize to Ice. 

After a few hours, Slider saw Ice leave the party for their bedroom and he decided to follow him. He wasn't surprised to see Ice go for the tissues and blow his nose a few times before coughing and sitting down on the bed.

"Feeling alright?" Slider closed the door behind him.

"You know the answer to that," Ice threw the tissues away and cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry." 

Ice just raised a brow.

"I shouldn't have gotten so upset with you," Slider came closer and knelt down in front of him, "I was just scared." 

"I've seen you scared, that was not it." 

"Ice," Slider closed his eyes, "I don't know what to say." 

"I do," Ice lifted Slider's chin, "I know you, inside and out, backward and forwards. I said something that offended you. I know that you would do this all over again should I have a round three-" he saw Slider's horrified face and just put up a hand asking him to wait, "While I have no intention of doing this all again, I do know that it has been so much. Not just for me, but for you and Maverick. I know that you hate this word, but I was-" 

"Don't-" 

"A burden-" 

Tom!" He said it too loud and instantly regretted it. He hoped no one else did.

"Ron," Ice whispered, putting his hands on his cheeks, "you have spent so much of your time taking care of me. I just wanted you both to have a chance to reclaim your own identities. I wanted you both to feel free again." 

"How could you think I ever felt chained?" Slider stood up, taking Ice's hands off his face in favor of putting his own on Ice's cheeks, "do you truly think so little of yourself, that you can't fathom the idea that I don't want to exist without you? That my identity is woven with yours."

"Ron-" 

"I love you," Ron ran his thumbs along the top of his cheekbones, "I love you. I vowed to take care of you until my dying days, and I take that very seriously. You were never a burden to me. You could never be a burden. I wanted to take care of you." His eyes were glistening with tears, "Babe, It's you. I'd do anything to spend more time with you."

"You deserved the Iceman you knew-"

"Know," Slider was very adamant, "you are still the Iceman I fell in love with. Having cancer didn't change anything. I didn't want to go have a party if you weren't going to be there." He looked like he couldn't even imagine it, "and neither did Mav." 

"You don't know that-" 

"You know people asked what we wanted to do on our birthdays. People invited us to Thanksgiving and Christmas parties, and god knows what else. We said no to all of it, not because we were obligated," he said as the word hurt him to say, "to take care of you, but because we didn't want to go if you weren't there."

"Why?" 

Slider sat down on the bed, "because that's all we want. We just want you." 

"They are your friends-"

"And you're the love of our lives; our souls, our hearts," he looked back to the door, thinking he heard someone, "Ice," he looked back at him, "we don't want anything besides what we have right here. Our little family." 

"You would have been truly happy spending your birthday in bed, bringing me soup and medicine?" 

"I enjoyed it every day," Slider kissed his forehead, "Mav said the same thing."

Ice looked towards the door too, "We should be out there-" Ice paused to cough.

"No," Slider put a hand on Ice's forehead, "you should be in bed." 

Ice's eyes went soft, "please don't let me ruin another birthday." 

Slider was taken aback, instantly feeling his own nausea, "Baby," Slider lifted Ice's chin, "Haven't you listened to me?"

"I hear you," Ice let a single tear fall, "I just don't believe it." 

There was a knock on the door and Ice quickly wiped his face before calling out, "come in." 

In came Maverick with some slices of cake on a plate, and a bowl in his other hand, "found ya." 

"So you did," Ice smiled, "having fun." 

"overwhelmed mostly," Maverick put the cake on the nightstand and handed Ice the bowl.

"Soup?" 

"I asked the kids to bring some soup," Mav blushed, "It wasn't really a surprise." 

"So I've gathered." Ice looked down at the chicken noodle soup, "I'm really alright." 

"The kids have left, Rooster is cleaning up," Mav took off his shoes and sweater, "all I want to do, is crawl into bed with you both and feed you soup." 

"I don't understand." 

"You don't have to," Mav took the soup and put it on the nightstand, "now crawl into bed, and let us take care of you, please?" 

Ice looked from Slider to Mav still confused, "you really didn't want any of this?" 

"While I appreciate what you did, I just really want you, in bed, wrapped up in a blanket, while I kiss your cold away." 

Ice wanted to argue but he was just so tired, "I don't understand either of you." 

"Good," Mav kissed his lips, "glad we can still surprise you." 

"Every day, Mav." 

Mav smiled and tucked him into bed, "now, are you going to tell me how you really feel?" 

"I really don't feel that bad-" he started coughing again and brought his elbow up, still now keen on spreading germs.

"That can't feel good on your throat," Mav took the soup and sat closer, "come on, open up, then you can take some meds after you have something in your stomach." 

Ice relented and opened his mouth, letting Maverick spoon-feed him.

"There we go," Mav smiled, "Now this is the perfect birthday." 

These are singlehandedly giving me the serotonin I need to keep chugging along. This is one of my sole sources of comfort at the moment (besides rewatching the original Top Gun whenever I have the chance) and I cannot even express how excited I get with each update. This one with Slider and Ice actually having an albeit brief disagreement and misunderstanding and Maverick being there to help both of them even with it being his birthday and only wanting to spend time with Ice but Ice not understanding is something that I didn’t know that I needed to desperately read until you posted it. I eagerly await the next one (not that I update the page constantly just to make sure I didn’t miss it or anything 😉) and thank you so much for posting! It definitely got me through the flight both there and back and was a great calming method after I passed out but that’s a whole story for another day :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Wolfwings22ARE YOU OK???? YOU FAINTED?? (it is very unfortunate that I wrote this before reading your comment...)

Sorry I've been gone for so long. Three people have quit at my job, so I'm doing three people's work for my 1 person's shitty salary. so please bare with me. I don't get paid enough to do all this... I'm the least-paid person on the team...

Request: "I was wondering if you could do one where Ice is really weak and faints a lot. Thank you!'

Fainting

"IIIIIIIce" Maverick whined as he walked into the kitchen in a blanket, "I don't feel well." 

"I know," Ice looked over his shoulder, amused at his boyfriend's bedhead, "you told me ten minutes ago." 

"I still don't feel well," Maverick was hoping good grammar would give him brownie points.

"The flu doesn't go away that fast," Ice scrunched his nose up as he turned back to the soup he was stirring, "you have to let the medicine kick in." 

"It's taking too long," he pouted and hugged Ice from behind, "you're warm." 

"You have a fever," Ice rolled his eyes, "you're the one who's warm." 

"No," Maverick cuddled closer, "you're warmer."

"I'm not the sick one, honey." 

"Don't ask me logic questions on fever reducers," Mav closed his eyes.

"Is Ron still asleep?" 

"And snoring like a freight train," Mav chuckled before kissing along Ice's back, "how long until soup?" 

"30 minutes," Ice felt an itch creep down his nose, making his eyes water, "M'hah'v..." 

"What?" He just held him tighter.

Ice lifted up his shirt and ducked into his elbow, "it'schiew-schiew-chiew-" he was trying to hold back the fit but they were coming out anyway, "hiew-hiew-hiew-hiew-hiew-hiew-hiew-hiew-hiew." 

Mav just giggled, "kitten sneezes." 

"I don't-" he sighed, feeling another itch, "k'schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-chiew-chiew-hiew." 

"God, bless you!" Mav kissed his shoulder, "are you sick too?" 

"Don't be ridiculous," Ice rolled his eyes, "I'm fine." 

"You're very sneezy for someone who's fine," Mav let go of him in favor of looking into the soup pot, "I didn't realize how hungry I was until I came over here." 

"I thought you came over to check on the soup?" 

"That was just an excuse to hug you," Mav shrugged, "Slider's all sweaty." 

"Is his fever breaking?" Ice put down the spoon and walked quickly to the bedroom, only stopping when he was at the bed and in reach of Slider's forehead.

He put his hand there and sighed when he seemed much better than earlier. His skin was slick with sweat and there was practically a puddle of sweat soaking into the sheets. You could see where Slider had been lying earlier, an almost perfect imprint of his body was laid out in sweat stains.

"Oh, honey," Ice grabbed a washcloth from the side table, where he had earlier put a bowl of cold water and towels, and started running the cold cloth over Slider's forehead.

The action made Slider stir, and eventually open his eyes, "hey.. handsome." 

"Your fever broke." 

"That's good," Slider was used to Ice's bluntness, "explains why I feel sticky." 

"Can you stand?" 

"Yeah," Slider sat up, shivering as the air conditioner kicked on and blew on his wet skin, "wow, it's cold." 

"I can turn it up-" 

"No," Slider stood up, putting a hand on Ice's shoulder, "It's fine. I'm just....sweaty-" realization hit him, "Shit, the sheets!" 

"I'll change them while you go take a shower," Ice looked Slider's up and down, "maybe a bath." 

"I can handle a shower," Slider kissed the top of Ice's head, "Thank you." 

"Stop thanking me, and go," Ice gave him a small smile before heading to the closet for new sheets.

"IIIIIIIce!" Ma called from the kitchen.

Sighing, Ice put the sheets down on a chair and walked over, only to see the soup boiling, "Fuck." 

"I swear I didn't touch anything," Mav stepped back, hands raised.

"It's fine," Ice moved the pot off the hot stove and frowned when some splashed; a few drops hitting his skin.

"Is it ruined?" 

"No," Ice tried not to draw attention to his burning hand, and just walked over to the sink, washing his hands, "that's what is so great about soup. It's hard to ruin." 

"Why are you washing your hands?" 

Ice was too tired to be answering all of these questions, "I was in the middle of changing the sheets. Slider sweat through them." 

"Oh," Mav sat down on the counter, "are you ok?" 

"Why wouldn't I be?" Ice tried not to look frustrated.

"You're sweating." 

Ice hadn't noticed, but wiped his forehead on his sleeve, finding it wet, "Well," he needed to think fast, "I was standing over a hot pot for most of the morning." 

"Oh," Mav took that and put his head down, "I'm tired." 

"I thought you were hungry?" Ice wiped his hands on a towel before walking towards the bedroom.

"Can't I be both?" 

"Not until I finish changing the sheets," Ice called back.

Now that he was alone, he came to the window, catching the light, hoping that it would help him get this fit overwith, "hiih-" it worked, "kschiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-chiew-chiew-chew-chew-chew-chew-hew-hew-hew." 

He felt a little dizzy after the fit, and cautiously sat down on the bed, staring at one spot on the floor, until it became too much and closed his eyes. Focusing on his breathing, he clenched and unclenched his hands, until the world stopped spinning and he could open his eyes again. Thankfully, he was still alone; so he let himself put his head in his hands for a moment. He felt like crap. The minute he had woken up this morning, he knew he had caught the flu too. His muscles were sore, his head was fuzzy, and he had this buzzing feeling in his sinuses that didn't seem to want to go away, no matter how many times he sneezed.

"Need help with the fitted sheet?" Slider suddenly came out in a towel, stretching his probably sore muscles.

Ice sat up quickly and looked over, glad that Slider didn't seem concerned, "yeah, thanks." 

"I hate that thing," he sniffed.

"I know," Ice got up and handed him a corner, "you used to lay starfished on the bed trying to get the corners to stay put." 

"I'd always end up asking for help," he shrugged before holding up a finger and turning away into his elbow, "Heh'Schiew!" 

"Alright?" Ice looked concerned.

"I'm fine," he shook his head, "fever is going down, probably gone at this point. Now I just feel achy and itchy." 

"I'm sor-" Ice felt like he needed to sneeze again, pressing his tongue hard against the roof of his mouth.

"Caught yourself?" Slider smiled, "no apologizing." 

The tickle went away and Ice sighed, "still getting used to that." 

"You're doing great," Slider started to tuck a corner in, "if I wasn't sick, I'd kiss you." 

"I know," Ice relaxed, "I'm really ok." 

"I know. Still want to kiss you, anyway." 

Ice blushed and bent down the do his own corner.

"Are you two flirting in here?" Mav came in, now with two blankets around him, "I was promised soup, and you're both flirting." 

"You said you were tired now," Ice furrowed his brow.

"Hungry." 

"Ok," Ice swallowed down another sigh and walked over to the kitchen, Slider in tow. 

Slider noticed that Ice was walking a little funny. He pulled Maverick back by his blankets and whispered in his ear, "Is Ice ok?" 

"Yeah,"  Mav sniffed, "he's just mad his soup boiled." 

"Soup is supposed to boil." 

"But it did it too much," Mav shrugged, "I don't know." 

"Can you sit on the counter and eat?" Ice put two bowls down and raised a brow, "what are you whispering about?" 

They both spoke at the same time: 

Maverick saying, "Planes." 

While Slider said, "Soup." 

Ice just rolled his eyes, immediately regretting it when the world spun again, just not as bad as before, "Plane soup? sounds dreadful."

"Lots of gasoline and oil," Mav nodded, "I'd try it..." 

"NO!" Ice and Slider both shouted.

"What?" Mav frowned and went and sat on the stool by the counter, digging into his soup, immediately relaxing, "I don't know what you're so upset about. This soup is amazing."

"I'm not upset," Ice scrunched his nose up, immediately getting Slider's attention, "I'm just glad you're eating." 

"I rarely lose my appetite," Mav didn't look up from the soup.

"Thank God for that," Slider smirked, taking his first bite of soup.

"After this you're both taking more medicine."

"Yes, mom," Mav teased.

"Don't call me that-" he had turned waaay too fast, having previously been looking at the pot of soup, half expecting it to start boiling out of control like it had earlier. He grabbed the counter quickly, making a loud slapping sound, to stop himself from falling over.

"What's wrong?" Slider got up quickly, frowning.

"Slipped," he moved his leg, "Got water on the floor," Ice grabbed a washcloth from the sink and bent down to wipe up the invisible spill. 

"Oh," Slider sat down.

"Everything's fine-," Ice stood back up, suddenly going very still, hand death gripping the cloth.

"Not fine," Slider jumped up again and slide over just in time for Ice's eyes to roll back, "I've got ya," he grabbed Ice by the waist and forced him to fall into him instead of away. 

Ice didn't remember Slider saying anything, just the feeling of being pulled... then nothing.

--------------------------------------

When Ice opened his eyes, all he could see was this dark shade of blue. At first, he was worried that he'd lost his sight from the fall, but quickly calmed down when he felt the fabric and realized he was beneath his comforter, in bed.

"You're awake," Mav had pulled down the cover to look at him.

The sudden light made him wince, closing his eyes and moving his face away, "hmm." 

"You deserve that for scaring me."

"hm?" 

"You almost hit your head on the counter. Don't make me baby-proof this house." 

"Sorry," Ice slurred out as he opened his eyes again.

"You're forgiven," Mav bent down and kissed his forehead.

"Did Ice just apologize?" Slider came in, looking sternly at Mav, "We are trying to stop that habit." 

"I deserve an apology for the heart attack I had." 

"Then you owe Ice a million apologies for the heart attacks you give him daily," Slider threw a towel at him before crawling into bed with Ice and kissing his face, "how's your head?" 

"Fuzzy," Ice leaned into Slider and wrapped his arms around him, "did you catch me?" 

"I always do," Slider kissed his forehead, "you've got a high fever, Ice." 

"I figured," he sniffed and buried his face in Slider's chest.

"Will you let us take care of you? At least until it breaks?" Mav sat down on the bed and leaned over to see what he could of Ice's face.

"Thought you were too sick to do anything?" Ice glanced at Mav from the corner of his eyes.

"You know better than that," Mav crawled into bed so that he could hold Ice from behind, "I just wanted your attention." 

"It was a very pathetic attempt too," Slider messed up Mav's hair.

"I really didn't feel good," Mav pouted, "and Ice was running around so much, I never got any cuddles." 

"He was too busy with all of your demands," Slider rolled his eyes then imitated Maverick, "Ice, I'm hungry. Ice, I'm tired, can you tuck me in? Ice, I'm thirsty-"

"Now that last one is definitely true," Mav started to kiss along Ice's neck.

"Hnng," Ice moved his shoulder, "not now." 

"Aw," Mav rubbed Ice's back, "are you still dizzy?" 

"I feel like I'm underwater," Ice closed his eyes, hands coming up to his ears, "everything is rocking.." 

"Ah, vertigo," Slider held onto him tighter, "definitely on bedrest until that goes away."

"But... the soup?" Ice tried to push away, but got so dizzy he just fell back into Slider.

"Honey, the soup is done and in the fridge," Slider ran his fingers through Ice's hair, "It's ok. You just need some rest." 

"Need to.." Ice was starting to fade, "take care.. of you." 

"You did," Slider kissed his head, "now it's time we take care of you." 

For the next few days, Ice was completely bedridden, only allowed out of bed to use the bathroom, and only with help. For days he didn't know which way was up or down, left or right. It was a miracle Ice never threw up. Any sort of movement without help, left him panting and occasionally, passed out. Mav started ordering smoothies just so Ice didn't have to sit all the way up or chew; he was so weak. Once, Mav found Ice on the floor, having fallen out of bed, and was so out of it, he didn't even realize he wasn't in bed. 

Now, Ice was more coherent, allowed to use the restroom alone, but with one of them nearby just in case. His fever had broken the night before, but he was still so weak from barely being able to eat, and the vertigo was still holding on for dear life. He had to feel around the wall to get around for any stability. 

"Sli," Ice was trying to walk back to the bed from the bathroom, but got stuck against the wall, "I can't.. see the bed." 

"You can't see it?" Slider came over, frowning when Ice moved his hand to the left, when Slider was on his right side.

"Either we have three different beds, or.." Ice started breathing heavily and swaying.

"Or you're passing out," Slider wrapped his arms around him as Ice went limp, "It's ok, I've got ya." 

Slider put him in bed, then crawled in before pulling him onto his chest. He held him close and ran his fingers through Ice's hair, hoping to calm him whenever he awoke.

Mav came in with another smoothie, frowning at the state of his boyfriends, "He fainted again?" 

"He started seeing triple," Slider lifted the right corner of his mouth, trying to look less worried than he was, "thought I'd keep him company." 

"This is really scary," Mav put the smoothie on the nightstand and sat on the bed, "what if we weren't home? Or you weren't close enough to catch him? He could have cracked his head open, or worse."

"But we are home, I am right here, and he didn't crack his head open," Slider took Maverick's head, "One day at a time. You'll drive yourself crazy with the 'what if's."

"I can't help it," Mav sighed through his nose, "I thought we were past this." 

"Past what?" 

"Ya know," Mav waved his hand, "Not telling us when he's sick or trying to hide it from us." 

"Pete," Slider closed his eyes, taking a mental second before opening his eyes again, "Rome wasn't built in a day." 

"I don't see what Rome has to do with this." 

Slider had to swallow the urge to kick Mav off of the bed, "He's come so far. You have to be patient. This was extenuating circumstances." 

"What circumstances?" 

"We were both sick, at the same time," Slider gestured to the cold/flu medicine on the table, "We always tell him that we can all take care of each other. If you were sick, Ice and I could take care of you, and vice versa. He is ok with the idea of slowing down if there is at least one of us with the faculties to do what needs to be done. For a week, Ice was the only one who could stand."

"But I was in the kitchen, standing." 

"and complaining about your flu," Slider's eyes softened, "In Ice's mind, that means you're out of commission." 

"And you were passed out in a pool of sweat." 

Slider laughed slightly, "Yeah."

"So," Mav looked up at the ceiling, "should we have called for help?" 

"Who? Ice would never want someone else to take care of us." 

"So are we just supposed to let him run himself out?"

"Yes and no," Slider cleared his throat, "we just have to get him used to taking some time for himself, even if we aren't available." 

"Like that's ever going to work," Mav rolled his eyes.

"Then we make do." 

Ice was starting to wake up, giving a soft moan as he stirred.

"You're ok, baby," Slider kissed the top of his head, "It's ok. You're in bed." 

"Fainted?" 

"Yeah, honey," Slider pouted when Ice whined.

Mav was about to comment on the whine when Slider shot him a look.

"s'sorry," Ice opened his eyes, "sick." 

"You are sick," Slider rubbed his back, "but you are not allowed to be sorry." 

"Why?" 

"Because it's not your fault. Your body needs some more rest, and if fainting is the way to do it, then that's just what needs to happen." 

"'s not normal-" Ice started coughing, weakly bringing the covers closer to cover.

"Normal is boring," Maverick chimed in.

"Normal... is normal," Ice breathed out before closing his eyes, "can I sleep?" 

"For as long as you need to," Slider tucked him back in against his chest.

"Or longer, if you want," Mav crawled back in, "I think we could all use some more z's." 

"Sleep... is good," Ice was already falling asleep, barely feeling Maverick behind him.

Maverick held Ice tightly, "very good."

The next day, Ice felt well enough to move about the house; having slept for over 13 hours last night. Slider and Maverick were still close, but they didn't worry so much after Ice said he wasn't dizzy anymore. Of course, he was still weak, but that changed when he was able to eat some solid food.

"You look a lot better, "Slider came closer and kissed him, "but are you sure you want to make us lunch?" 

"If I don't cook something, I might go insane," He leaned into Slider's strong arms, "I like cooking. It gives me peace of mind." 

"Except when Maverick's doing the cooking." 

"Hey!" Mav protested from the counter.

"You've almost burned the house down," Slider paused for dramatic effect, "twice." 

"You were there the first time!" 

"I had a fever and fell asleep on the counter!" 

"Still counts as a co-arsonist!" 

"There was no arson," Ice chimed in, trying not to laugh, "definitely scary though." 

"We did get some cute firefighters to come," Slider kissed along Ice's neck, "and they were totally checking you out." 

"The only eyes I want checking me out, are yours and Maverick's, thank you." 

"Damn right!" Maverick called out.

Ice turned to kiss Slider, but suddenly felt dizzy, "woah.." 

"What?" 

"I just got a little lightheaded," he moved the pan off of the stove, "I should lie down." 

"That is the best thing you've said all week," Slider held him from the side, letting him lean on him until he was laying down on the couch.

"It will pass."

"I know," Slider bent down and kissed his forehead, "but thank you for knowing your limits and taking a break." 

"Don't thank me," Ice closed his eyes, "your food is going to burn." 

"I'd much rather eat burnt grilled cheese than have you faint." 

"I'm probably going to pass out." 

"Yes, but on the couch, where you can safely faint," Slider put a blanket over him, "Key word is 'safely'." 

"S'hh..shuhhh," Ice tried to repeat the word but was unconscious before he could say it.

"That's ok," Slider smiled, "you did good." 

"Should I put the pan back on the stove-?" 

"Absolutely not," Slider came over, "We are going to eat our half-toasted grilled cheese and like it." 

"Yeah, probably best I don't go near the oven." 

"I think Ice would love if you never went into the kitchen again," Slider handed him half of the grilled cheese, taking a bite, not the least bit disappointed that the cheese was still cold.

"It tastes better this way." 

"Shut up and eat," Slider rolled his eyes and turned off the oven, "we're ordering takeout before Ice wakes up."

Awe this was so sweet! I love your updates so so so so much! Yeah I did end up passing out on the plane but good thing was when I came to we were almost ready to land so that was a plus. I totally feel you on the work thing too. We are down to 6 part time workers when we need 60 people to comfortably be considered fully staffed. So my existence has been being the only person working and doing everything so I feel you. You’re stories brighten my day though and definitely make the monotonous days at work so much better when I know I have an update to come home to.   

Ice wants to Cuddle

@Wolfwings22 i am so glad youre ok! wth! XOXOXOXO

I thought I'd start making my titles more obvious lol

Request: "as for a prompt for our lovely ice, how about if ice is sick and just feeling extra clingy and cuddly. like if slider gets up to make him tea or something, ice gets up and hugs him from behind. slider is like “honey sit back down”, but ice is all “nooo i just want to hug you”. he just wants to be near his boys the whole time he’s sick. won’t let them out of his reach. i’m thinking younger ice for this one too. cutie 🥹"

The table was set and Maverick and Slider were getting ready to eat when they heard the familiar sound of Ice's car in the driveway.

"He's home early," Slider raised a brow.

"I'm not complaining," He jumped up like an excited golden retriever, moving quickly to the door.

Ice opened the door and jumped slightly as Maverick was right in front of him, "hey." 

"Hey handsome," Maverick went in to give him a hug, but frowned and pouted as Ice moved away, "What's wrong?" 

"I'm sick," Ice sniffed softly before pulling his jacket over his face, "I don't want you to catch this." 

"Babe, we sleep in the same bed," Mav pulled him inside, ignoring Ice's soft protests, "you cook all of our meals, and neither one of us cares if we catch your cold." 

"I care," Ice blushed but reluctantly put his jacket down, "neither of you are going to let me sleep in the guest room, are you?" 

"Not a chance in hell," Mav wrapped his arms around Ice's waist and kissed his lips, "did you feel sick this morning?" 

"I thought it was allergies," he sniffled, already feeling congested, "but it's definitely a cold." 

Slider came over and kissed his forehead, "no fever. That's a good sign." 

Ice moved his face away quickly, barely having time to bring his elbow up, "Ehk-kieew!" 

Both boys couldn't help but smile at the little high-pitched sneeze. It was a little more forceful than normal, which just made it even higher pitched and squeaky.

"Ah-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-schiew," Ice scrunched his nose up and sniffed, "sorry." 

"No apologizing for sneezing," Slider pulled him closer, forcing Maverick to let go and re-hug him from behind, "I know you're not keen on cuddling while you're sick, but that's a key part of TLC." 

"Lucky for you," Mav chimed in, "we don't listen to you." 

"You," Slider raised a brow, "don't listen." 

"Then what do you call this?" 

"Choosing to ignore his wishes for his own health and well-being." 

"I could say the same thing about my stunts-" 

"Giving Ice a migraine isn't exactly helping his health." 

"You're both giving me a headache," Ice coughed lightly, "can I at least take a shower before you both smother me in 'TLC'?" 

Mav moved so that Ice could see his face, or more importantly, his puppy dog eyes, "can we join you?" 

Ice sighed and nodded slowly, resigning to his fate.

That is how Ice used to be. Even when he wasn't sick, cuddling and being touchy-feely took a lot out of him. He wasn't used to the constant love. His only real understanding of love was indifference. He was ok with Silder hugging him and giving him high fives or handshakes now and again; but when Maverick came into the picture, he just wasn't ready for the idea that other people might want to give him affection too. It was an insane concept. The first time Maverick went to hug him for no reason at all, Ice jumped and just froze, not really sure what he was doing. Thankfully, Mav just chuckled and kissed his shoulder, reminding him that touch isn't just a reward or punishment; It can be random but good too. 

Now Ice didn't flinch at being touched and actually initiated it. He was comfortable with Mav and Slider kissing him when he was sick, or wrapping their arms around his waist when he cooked. It was really sweet and gave Ice a sense of peace and safety. When he was in one of their arms, he felt his anxiety wash away. Now he could just be sick and not panic. It was ok to ask for hugs or kisses or for help. It still felt a bit awkward, but damn it, it was so nice.

"Sli?" Ice had woken up with what he assumed was the beginnings of a head cold, "can you please make me tea?" 

"Yes, baby," Slider kissed Ice's forehead, smiling as he latched onto Maverick, cuddling closer to his chest, "anything for my sickie." 

Maverick rubbed Ice's back as he snuffled against him, occasionally kissing his head, "What can I do for you, Ice?" 

Ice moaned and pulled Mav closer, nose pressed against his chest now, "massage?" 

"You want me to massage your head?" Mav started even before Ice could answer, "do you think you can sleep?" 

"Want tea first," Ice scrunched his nose up, trying not to sneeze.

"As much as your little scrunches are adorable, I know you're holding back." 

"Don't want to-" his nose had other plans as his breath started hitching before he could voice his own, "hiih.. uh.." 

"You'll feel better if you let it out," Maverick ran his finger down Ice's bridge, watching as Ice's nostrils flared and his eyes shut, "don't fight it." 

"Ehh-" Ice felt Maverick add a little more pressure which sent him over the edge, "Schiew," he sneezed directly into Maverick's chest and once he started he couldn't stop it, no matter how hard he tried, "dtk'chew-dt'chiew-dchew-"

"Stop it," Mav flicked his nose in punishment.

"Aschiew-chiew-chiew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-huuh..hiih..Etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etschiew!" 

"Bless you, Ice," Mav kissed his forehead, "feel better?" 

"Dno," Ice sniffed, eyes still squinting, "buzzing." 

"Still need to sneeze?" Mav frowned and rubbed the side of Ice's nose, hoping to either make the tickle disappear, or let it bloom, "I'm sorry, baby." 

"no'huuh-" Ice stifled against Maverick's hand, "engkt-ingkt-ingkt-ingkt-ingkt'shuh," the sudden high pitched sigh almost made Maverick shiver; it was so desperate and cute, "Aschiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew!" 

Slider had come in at the tale end of the fit, and was momentarily frozen at the door. 

Maverick noticed him first and tried not to laugh, "How long have you been there?" 

Slider saw Maverick look him up and down, making the taller man blush, "long enough." 

"So I see," Maverick winked at him.

Ice coughed lightly, bringing both boys back to the sick man in Maverick's arms, "Whad?" 

"Nothing, honey," Slider sat down on the bed, frowning at Ice's red and watery eyes, "tissue?" 

Ice nodded softly as he sat up, shivering as he left Maverick's warm arms.

"Hey, get back here," Maverick sat up and pulled Ice against his chest, instantly noticing Ice's mood lifting.

Slider handed Ice some tissues and let him blow his nose before Slider wiped the tears from his eyes, "better?" 

Ice nodded and took his tea, sipping it and relaxing as the warmth slid down his throat, "come back to bed?" 

"I'm coming," Slider crawled into bed and wrapped his arm around Ice's waist, "Is your head all fuzzy?" 

"No vertigo," Ice cleared his throat, "but I can't focus."

"Then this is definitely a head cold," Slider pouted before kissing Ice's temple, "try to get some sleep. Maybe you won't get vertigo this round if you rest enough." 

"Stay?" Ice looked into Slider's eyes.

Slider could see that Ice had no energy to put on airs. He was exhausted, and clearly felt terrible. His eyes looked so sad, a part of him still believed no one would hold him, and no matter how much he wanted it, he couldn't ask. Slider shared a look at Maverick, silently conveying the same message.

"Hey," Maverick took Ice's hand, "why don't you lay down on my chest while Slider keeps you warm? You'll head will feel less stuffy if you're elevated." 

Ice laid down, his body already ready to fall asleep. He laid his head on Maverick's chest, instinctively wrapping his arms around Maverick's waist as he fell asleep; vaguely aware of the sudden heat against his back as Slider held both of them.

---------------------------

When Ice woke up, he realized that he was completely alone, and suddenly on his back. He didn't like this at all, and in his fuzzy state, he got out o bed and walked out of the bedroom in search of at least one of his boyfriends. He found Slider heating up something, and walked over there, instantly hugging him from behind.

"Hey sleepy-head," Slider pulled Ice around so the he was properly hugging him, "I was going to come back to bed."

"Wanted you," Ice slurred as he buried his face in Slider's shirt, "you're safe and warm." 

"What was that?" Slider heard him very clearly but was a little shocked.

"Want you," Ice repeated.

"After that, baby." 

"You're warm." 

"Between the two?" Slider was a little worried that Ice had a bad dream.

"I'm confused," Ice yawned and hugged tighter, "what did I say?" 

"Nothing," Slider kissed the top of his head and swayed a little with Ice in his arms, "just glad you're ok." 

"I'm sick," he sniffled again, "you always tell me that it's not ok." 

"It's ok to be sick, but yes," Slider chuckled, "that does mean you're not ok." 

"You're making me dizzy," Icefelt Slider instantly stop moving, "No... I meant the talk. You're talking in circles."

"Oh," Slider chuckled, "I'm starting to sound like Maverick." 

"Only when he wants something from the Navy," Ice coughed and moved his head so he could see what Slider was heating up, "soup?" 

"I didn't make it," Slider gestured to the receipt on the counter, "Mav picked up some essentials." 

"Where is he?" 

"Jumped in the shower," Slider looked concerned, "can you hear the shower?" 

"My ears are clogged," he cleared his throat, "can barely hear you." 

"Aw, honey," Slider rubbed his back, "after some soup, do you think a steam bath will help?" 

"Yeah," Ice rubbed his nose against Slider's chest, "can you come in with me?" 

Slider was beyond thrilled with how clingy Ice was being, "of course." 

Ice was quiet for a few minutes, making Slider believe he had fallen asleep. It wasn't until Ice moved his face into Slider's neck, that Slider knew what he was doing, "babe-" 

"Hgnt-kiew!" Ice half stifled into Slider's neck before letting it out, "schiew-schiew-schew-schew-schew-schew-chew-schew-schew." 

"mhhmm," Slider whined as he held Ice tighter. Maverick came out with a towel around his waist, which only made Slider moan louder.

"What did I miss?" Maverick saw Slider's frustration and smirked before dropping his towel, "feeling alright, Slider?" 

"Put it.. back on," Slider looked up at the ceiling, then took in a sharp breathe when Ice started rubbing his nose against his neck, "Oh... fuck." 

"I think I could go for another shower," Maverick walked over and brought Slider's face closer but taking his chin in his hand, giving him a soft kiss, "what about you two?" 

"Ice does need the steam," Slider was practically drooling.

Ice sniffed a little thickly and moved his hands down Slider's back until he was fingering the waist of his pants, "'m getting sduffy." 

Slider bit the inside of his cheek.

"The steam will really help with that," Mav moved around so that he was behind Slider, gently moving his finger down Ice's nose, "but at a cost." 

"Kschiew-schew-schew-schew-schew-chiew!" 

"Ok, fine, yup," Slider stifled a moan into Ice's shoulder, "Shower is good.." 

Mav grinned and kissed Slider's shoulder, "let's go."

Ahh 2 updates!! Best thing in the world to wake up too!! I love a cuddly ice fix! @Wolfwings22 I’m glad your okay but take care of yourself!!!!!

Feel you both on the work thing. I’m holding onto my current job but actively searching for. A new one. 

Omg 2 updates in one day!!! You better believe I screamed for joy in my room when I saw that. I was going to respond earlier but the site was down so I had to wait until I woke up but literally these two gave me life and are 100% going to keep me going today at work. We’re going on I don’t even know how many days in a row without a day off but when I have these amazing updates to get me through it makes everything else not seem as terrible. Thank you so much for these!

• 4 weeks later...

@Wolfwings22❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

@Mygyn❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

Too Many Allergies to Count

this was the longest lecture he had ever been stuck in. Ok, the class was actually normal, but Ice had had to sneeze for the last ten minutes of class. It was driving him insane. Of course, his pride made him sit right in the middle so he would be the center of the teacher's attention; wanting that authoritative pat and the back as he aced every single test they gave. He knew it was silly, but it was the only thing keeping him there today. He had been feeling his allergies come into full swing during the course of the day, and Slider kept subtly rubbing his thigh, or squeezing his hand to try to keep him calm.

Just the idea that Slider knew he was worried, upset him more. He could hear Slider in his head: "Babe, it's ok to sneeze." 

It was not ok to have an allergy attack in the middle of the classroom. Even the idea of all the eyes on him, and there was no doubt one of these jokers would comment about it. Hell, it would probably be a whole discussion until Slider got mad and went on the offensive. He couldn't risk it.

So, instead, he sat there, hoping to whatever God was looking down on him, he could hold it off. At least until Slider could cover for him. His throat was feeling itchy and he tried to clear his throat whenever the class would laugh at something or debate. That had to stop because of course, Maverick kept looking right at him. That bastard would notice if he sneezed and would make a production. He was certain of it.

He felt Slider nudge him with his knee, breaking his concentration, and glanced at his RIO. Slider was giving him those concerned eyes that drove him insane. He just wanted to melt into those strong arms and succumb to his allergies. 

Slider mouthed, -it's ok.- 

Ice shook his head slightly, which made the tickle come back, "hih-" He pressed his tongue to the roof of his mouth, desperately trying to not sneeze. 

Slider frowned deeply before grabbing his water bottle and taking a swig, then suddenly coughing.

Ice used the distraction to rub his nose roughly before calming down. He knew Slider did that on purpose, so he wasn't actually worried about him.

"You ok?" Wolf was rubbing Slider's back.

"Yeah," Slider glanced at Ice, "Inhaled the water."

"Ya know you're not supposed to do that," Hollywood teased, eyes clearly still worried.

"Yeah," Slider fake cleared his throat, "I'm still breathing, guys."

"Don't scare me like that," Wolf dramatically clutched his heart.

"Class is over," Jester rolled his eyes at the dramatics, "get out of my sight." 

They all ran out, Slider grabbing Ice's hand, and pulling him up before walking with him out of the room. They immediately went to an empty classroom when no one was looking. 

"Babe-" Slider turned to Ice after closing the door, instantly relaxing when he saw Ice pull up his military uniform and sneeze under the folds.

"Hah'schiew!" He bent over slightly, not used to this level of force.

"Ok," Slider pulled him close and hugged him, "just let it out."

"Etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etcsch-" he paused to cough, "hihh..ahk'kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-" he coughed again, eyes beginning to tear up with iritation, "Kiew'kiew'kiew'kiew'kiew'kiew'kiew!" 

"You're ok," Slider rubbed his back, hating the extra rapid sneezing that was occurring, "It's ok." 

"hih..ashiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew.. hih..uhh," Ice was completely unaware of the tears running down his cheeks.

"Aw, Baby," Slider brought his hands up, thumbs gently massaging the sides of his nose, "just let it happen. Don't worry about covering." 

"Sli-hihhh-" Ice shook his head lightly, but couldn't help sneezing with Slider's fingers hitting all of his sensitive spots, "uh'kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-uhh,"  He finally gave up and moved his face into Slider's hand, rubbing harshly against his thumb, really wanting relief, "tschiew-schiew-schiew-schew-schew-schew-chew..hih..Ahk'schiew!" 

"That's much better," Slider kissed the top of his head before wiping Ice's eyes with his sleeve, "I hate when you torture yourself like that." 

"Not torture," Ice sniffed and scrunched his face up, "I want to be done." 

"With classes or sneezes?" 

"The latter," Ice sniffed again, "Oh.." 

"It's ok," Slider kissed the tip of his nose, feeling the heat from all the times Ice had rubbed it during lecture, "your poor nose is so abused." 

"Ak'kiuh," Ice did that little tiny sneeze that absolutely destroyed Slider. It just sounded so unsatisfying and desperate. 

"Not ready yet?" Slider moved his nose up along Ice's, feeling the way Ice's breathing changed as the tickle increased, "need some help?" 

"Hiih-y'uhh," Ice's fingers clenched tighter against Slider's shirt, gripping it in his fist, "R'huh'on...I'huuh-" 

Slider gave him a chaste kiss before letting his nose flick the ball of Ice's, sending him over the edge.

"Ah'Schuew!" Ice sneezed harshly, for him, against Slider's chest, "Ah'schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew!" 

"Bless you, Ice," Slider kissed him again, "done?" 

Ice nodded, knowing Slider already knew, "That felt so good." 

"I'm sure," Slider took out a handkerchief and gently rubbed the underside of Ice's nose, "you'll feel even better after a few blows." 

"By dose or your cock?" Ice teased, congestion seeping in.

"We don't have time for the latter, but I'll take an IOU." 

"Ugh," Ice never ever complained, but there was something about being with Slider that made him feel safe to do so. He took the handkerchief and blew his nose thoroughly several times until he was able to breathe clearer.

"Tickle gone?" 

"Yeah," Ice pulled Slider closer and kissed his lips, "thank you." 

"Anytime," Slider kissed him again, "you know I'd do anything for you."

"Within reason, please," Ice hugged him, "you know I would do the same, right?" 

"You show me every day, Babe."

--------------------------------

Of course, Maverick was the only person who noticed Ice's pink nose when they rejoined the class in the locker rooms. He knew something was up with his wingman. He had a sneaking suspicion that Ice was very uncomfortable with any form of vulnerability. It was obvious, at least to him. He saw Ice once dislocate his shoulder, only to pretend that he was fine and silently excuse himself to the medical tent. He never grunted or made any sound that would reflect pain. It made him wonder just how far that went. 

Was Ice pretending to be ok when he was clearly sick? Was he willing to work himself unconscious just to preserve his image? He couldn't be that Pious? Even the mightiest of Pilots got sick. That bastard. Or at least, he wanted to think of him as some giant egomaniac who sees himself above all else; but there was something about the way Ice kept people at arm's length that made him doubt his own preconceived notions of the hot shot in the bar.

The more the thought about it, the more he realized that he saw Ice through everyone else's eyes. The first time he heard about Iceman, was when Goose was singing his praises at the bar. People were talking a big game, even his own RIO was hyping it all up. Ice never outright said he was the best, but just let people assume he was. He had never actually heard Ice say that he 'was the best pilot'. For some reason, that really mattered to him.

"Mav?!" Wolf was snapping at him, "Earth to Maverick, come in?" 

"What?" Mav looked around, noticing that all eyes were on him, "Did you ask me something?" 

"Where did you go off to just now?" Wolf looked him up and down, "We are beginning to think you planned on leaving the base in just a towel." 

Maverick glanced quickly at Ice, who was just staring at a fixed point on the wall, "Nothing important." 

"Just thinking of how to score his next girl," Slider chipped in, "assuming you all are going out tonight."

"You know it," Wolf grinned, "gotta blow off some steam." 

"I got something you can blow," Hollywood winked at him before going back to perfecting his hair.

"You comin' Ice?" Mav glanced back at Ice.

Ice just slowly turned his head to look at Maverick before shaking his head.

"He wants to study," Slider handed Ice his glasses, "I tried to convince him." 

"This is why Ice is the best," Wolf leaned against the locker, "I don't have the patience right now to read a book. But here he is, in all of his Icey glory. Willing to spend the weekend studying."

"You might want to try that sometime," Slider chimed in, "maybe then you'll have a shot at 3rd place."

"3rd, last, still on the list," Wolf smiled, genuinely just happy to be here. Slider and Ice loved his attitude. 

Maverick couldn't care less about what they were talking about. Eyes fixated on Ice. He just couldn't figure him out. Why was he so quiet? Why wasn't he boasting about getting top marks? Why was he just standing there, staring at the tile?" 

"You ready?" Slider gently tapped Ice's hip to get his attention, and Maverick couldn't help but notice the way Ice's eyes went from Slider's face to his hand, then back to his face. He thought that was strange. Like he didn't even notice Slider was there until he touched him.

Ice just nodded and went to grab his bag, only for Slider to grab it for him, "gotta get my workouts in," Slider said as he curled the bags, one in each hand.

"Alright, Herakles," Ice finally spoke, "let's go." 

"I'm getting a headache just looking at Hollywood's Cologne," Slider smirked before walking away." 

"The ladies love it!" Hollywood looked a little hurt after he saw that Wolf was shaking his head, "you hate it?" 

"Makes my throat itch," Wolf shrugged.

Ice internally agreed, nose already twitching with anticipation. 

-------------

"So, just to be clear," Slider drove out of the base with Ice in the passenger seat, "you're not actually going to study, right? you're going to pop a Benadryl and go to bed." 

"I'm a-"

"Allergic, I know. I was using it as an all-encompassing medicine for allergies,"  Slider squeezed Ice's thigh, "I just forgot what yours is called." 

"I was going to say that I'm alright," Ice smiled slightly and squeezed Slider's hand, "but yeah, I'll just take a shower and crash." 

"How's your head?" 

"Stuffed up," Ice blushed and looked away. He hated talking about how he felt.

"I should stay-" 

"If you stay they will know something's up." 

"What if they do?" Slider pulled into the driveway, "you know they'd just want to know that you're ok." 

"I can't handle that," Ice already had tears in his eyes.

"Baby," Slider took his hand in both of his, "they are your friends. They won't hurt you." 

"I'm not ready." 

"Ok," Slider kissed his knuckles, "I'll only be gone for an hour, two tops." 

"Make it three and I'll leave a spot for you in bed." 

Slider got out of the car, not wanting to leave Ice just yet, "Two." 

"Three," Ice followed him inside.

"an hour and a half, and I say I don't feel well and go home?" 

"Nice try," Ice pulled him in for a kiss, "three hours. Go have fun. I'll be fine." 

"I really don't want to leave you," Slider pouted and kissed him again.

"Fine," Ice sighed, scrunching his nose up as he felt another sneeze, "two hiih-" he turned into his right elbow, "ehk'hew-hiew-hiew-hiew-hiew-hiew-hiew-hiew." He shook his head and sighed, "Two hours." 

"You are making it so hard to leave," Slider pouted and kissed him again, "you can't do that little scrunch and expect me to walk out that door." 

"I can't help it," He scrunched his nose.

"Stop it," Slider started to kiss Ice's neck, "you know, I think I'm getting a fever." 

"You're fine-" Ice turned away again, "Heschiew!" 

"Oh yeah, definitely coming down with something," Slider started to suck on Ice's neck, going down towards his shoulders, where he could leave bite marks.

"Ah'schiew-" Ice pinched his nose shut and rubbed harshly, hoping to stop the fit, "kts'schiew!" He failed, "shiew-schew-chiew-chiew-chiew." 

"Oh yeah, it's coming on fast," Slider started to undo Ice's pants, "I think I need to sit down." 

"If you're late-" 

"Can't be late if we never set a time," Slider let his tongue do the rest of the persuading.

-----------------

Ice was sort of upset with himself for telling Slider to go. After their combined shower, all he wanted was to crawl into bed with Ron and hold each other until they fell asleep. Now, he was sitting on his couch, a cup of tea in his hand, as he stared at nothing. He let his mind wander, going through different events in his head. The first time he flew a plane. The day he met Slider. Finding out they were heading to Top Gun. He didn't realize he was smiling until someone was knocking on his door, forcing him out of his thoughts.

Confused, he put his tea down on a coaster and went over to the door. When he looked into the peephole, he saw none other than Maverick.

Opening the door, he looked less than amused, "aren't you supposed to be wooing women at the bar?" 

"Jealous, Kazansky?" 

"Of what?" Ice gave him a once over, "Why are you on my porch?" 

"I have questions." 

"About flying?" 

"About you." 

"I'm fresh out of answers," Ice went to close the door, but Maverick put his foot in the way, "Mitchell, I'm really not in the mood-"

"I can't figure you out." 

"How is this my problem?" Ice sniffed and opened the door again, trying not to look like he was concerned about his foot.

"It isn't," Mav ran a hand through his hair, "I've had a few beers." 

"I've noticed," Ice raised a brow.

"Are you ok?" 

"What?" Ice sounded more irritated than he would have liked it.

"Your nose is all red and your eyes are puffy," Mav saw Ice wince, even though it was microscopic, "have you been crying?" 

Now Ice was more confused, "No. Why would I be cryi'g".

"Are you sick?" Mav definitely heard the congestion seeping into his voice.

"Good Night, Mitchell-"

Maverick put his hand on the door before he could slam it in his face, "what's wrong?" 

"Why does sombethig-" Ice turned away and sniffed, nose gently rubbing against his shoulder.

"Why did you come to work sick?" 

"I'b dnot sick," he coughed a bit off to the side, hating how the shower was already wearing off, and the now open door was not helping his hayfever, "I cand't-" he went behind the door, out of sight, to silently sneeze into his elbow.

Of course, Mav saw this as an invitation and came in, closing the door behind him, "Woooow this is clean." 

Ice instantly froze, "Bitchel-" 

"I can barely understand you," Mav frowned and came closer, putting a hand on his back, a little worried at how Ice almost jumped away, "you should lay down." 

"You dneed to leave," Ice sniffed, heart already racing.

"If you're sick, why did Slider leave you? He's always on your heel like a puppy." 

"I'm dnot-" Ice shook his head and walked further away, grabbing his phone and texting Slider: SOS.

"You've been weird all day. You never took any of the bait I threw at you. You didn't correct me or chastize my flying. You didn't even answer Viper's questions. You just sat there. That's so unlike you."

"Oh?" Ice finally turned around, anger in his eyes, "You've kndown be for a week and you kdnow everything about be?" 

"No, I don't know anything about you, which is driving me insane!" 

"Why do you care?!" Ice didn't raise his voice, but the intonation was harsh, "Why are you obsessed with be?"

Maverick was left a little speechless. He expected Ice to fight back, but definitely not with a scared look in his eyes.

"Ok," Maverick put his hands up, "I'm sorry." He noticed that Ice's hands were shaking slightly, "Ice. You know I would never hurt you, right? I just came here to check on you. I thought you were sick." 

"I..uhm," Ice started to rub his chest a little harshly, "Go.." 

"I'm calling Slider," Mav ran over and sat him down on the floor, not liking how Ice's breathing changed, "are you going to pass out?" 

Slider suddenly burst through the door and sprinted to Ice, sliding on the tile floor and instantly wrapping Ice in his arms, "What are you doing here?!?" 

"I had a bad feeling," Mav swallowed thickly.

"Look," Slider put Ice's face in his neck, "he's not feeling well. He just wanted to rest," he could feel Ice gripping him harder, "what did you think was happening?" 

"It..." Mav took a deep breath, "it looked like he was having a panic attack all day. I didn't want him to hurt himself." 

"What?" 

"I saw you at the bar and I couldn't shake this feeling that Ice shouldn't be alone. So I came here." 

"The only panic attack he's had all day is happening because you're here." 

"What?" 

"He's not sick. He's having a bad allergy day and it's making his head all fuzzy," Slider rubbed Ice's back, "he's going to kill me for this little conversation, but clearly, you think Ice is going to kill himself or something. I promise I've got him."

"I didn't mean to-"

"You don't know Ice like I do. I promise, if something is wrong, I would know about it. He's my pilot. I know him inside and out," Slider tried not to look angry. He knew Mav meant well, "You should go." 

"Yeah," Mav nodded, heartbreak clear on his face, "I'm really sorry." 

It was quiet until Mav was up and out the door. It was then that Ice broke down and started crying into Slider's chest.

"It's ok," Slider held him close and rocked him slightly, "you couldn't handle the extra company. It's ok. That's totally normal." 

Slider's heart broke into a million pieces. How the hell would he explain this to Mav without making him feel worse than he already did? Mav was trying to do something nice, but Ice wasn't your typical guy. He had too much trauma and huge trust issues. That's why he became a pilot. To try to fix his trust issues. In the sky, you have no choice but to trust the people around you.

"I'b so sorry," Ice choked out against him, "I'b so sorry." 

"Shh," Slider kissed his head, "you have nothing to apologize for. You've been on edge all day. It was bound to come out." 

Slider and Ice spent the better part of an hour on the floor, just holding each other and letting Ice cry until he didn't have any more tears left. Funnily enough, Ice had to calm Slider down before they went to bed, as he was so worked up that he wanted to pick a fight with Maverick the next day.

"I have some explaining to do," Ice said after another shower and some powerful allergy medicine.

"You have nothing to explain to anyone," Slider gave Ice his hoodie, "wear it. I know it makes you feel safe." 

"I've got you for that," Ice kissed him again, "I'll make it right, tomorrow." 

"You're a saint," Slider kissed him again, "a bloody saint." 

--------------

The next day, Ice went on his usual morning run, planning on what to make Slider for breakfast as a 'thank you' for coming to his rescue last night, when he almost ran into Maverick.

"Woah, hey!" Maverick turned quickly, instantly realizing who he almost plowed into, "Ice!" 

"Mitchell," Ice stopped running and took the hood of his jacket off, "you run?" 

"Only when chased," he tried to joke, but Ice didn't seem amused, "I went for a ride. I like to drive when the road is clear. Decided to stop to see the sunrise." 

"Ah," Ice nodded, rubbing at one of his eyes, which looked red and itchy.

"I'm really sorry for last night." 

"Don't," Ice looked up at the sky and took a breath, immediately regretting it when he really had to sneeze. He turned his back to Maverick, pulling up his sweater, and stifled a small fit into the folds, "-sorry." 

"Allergies?" 

"Uhm.. Yeah," Ice slowly turned back around, "About last night," Ice scrunched his nose up, "I had gotten some... bad news" more like bad memories, "and I couldn't compartmentalize. I shouldn't have taken out my... emotions.. on you." 

"What was the bad news?" 

"It doesn't matter," Ice noticed the concern in his eyes again and it just made him want to run. There had to be something else there. He couldn't genuinely care, "I'm just.. sorry." 

"No, I'm sorry," Mav stepped closer, "you were panicking and I just made my way into your home. I just never thought you were panicking because of me." 

"It wasn't you," it really was, "I just needed space." 

"Understood," Mav took a step back, taking it literally, "but if you ever need someone to be there. On the off chance, Slider is too far away. I'll be there for you. Doesn't matter if there is a reason or not. I'll be there for you; like you were there for me with Goose."

Ice nodded stiffly, "I have bacon thawing," it was awkward but Ice really needed an out, "Slider can't cook-"

"Go," Mav grabbed his helmet from where it was placed on his bike, "I'll see you Monday." 

"Yeah," Ice instantly started sprinting away. Instead of running home, as he had planned; he just kept running until he felt like his legs were going to give out. Somehow, he had made it to the complete other side of town. He didn't recognize the area, and now that he realized this, his anxiety was creeping back into his throat, "fuck." 

His legs were shaking from running so fast, that he collapsed onto a park bench and just sat there, trying to catch his breath. Thankfully, no one was around to witness his confusion. How long had he been running? How far did he really go? How was he going to get back? Normally, he'd just run the way he came, but his legs felt like jello.

"I am not calling Maverick," he growled, "he's the reason I'm running-Tschiew!" the sneeze snuck up on him so suddenly that he didn't even have time to cover, "schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-chiew." 

"Oh Jesus," Ice sniffed and rubbed his nose, now aware of his itchy his whole face was. He needed a shower and another dose of medicine. Now that the adrenaline was going down, he could really feel how much his lungs burned. He couldn't help the cough that ripped through his throat, making him wince with pain.

"I need help," he hated saying it, but it was true. He felt like crap. If he stayed out any longer, he was sure he'd become properly sick. He pulled out his phone and stared at Maverick's number, trying to get the courage to call him. Slider would probably be asleep still, even though the second his phone would ring, he'd be up and in the car within seconds. But Ice didn't want to wake him. He was already so stressed out about last night.

"Damn you," He called the number and cleared his throat, a part of him hoping he wouldn't answer.

"Ice?" 

"Maverick," Ice moved the phone away from his mouth to cough, "I um... I need help." 

"You don't sound good. Where are you?"

Ice looked around and told him the street names, "I'm sorry-" he started coughing again.

"Ice, do you have an inhaler?" There was a sound of an engine starting in the background.

"No, why?" 

"Because you're starting to wheeze." 

Ice hadn't noticed but he did feel a bit tight-chested, "just hurry." 

----------------------------

Maverick sped faster than he had ever sped before. Thankfully, he knew exactly where Ice was and got there within record time. He found Ice on a park bench, looking absolutely miserable. When he took off his helmet, he instantly saw how red and blotchy Ice's neck was. Was he getting hives? 

"Ice?" he came over quickly and knelt down by him, "Did you eat anything? Touch anything?" 

Ice shook his head, "I don't know what's happening." 

"We need to get you home," Mav put the helmet on Ice's head and started the bike, racing back down until they landed in Ice's driveway. 

By the time they got there, Ice was wheezing pretty badly. His eyes and lips were swelling, and the rash was going up to his cheeks.

Mav barged through the door, "RON! KERNER!" 

Slider jumped out of bed so fast, sprinting into the living room in only his boxers, tunnel visioning on Ice the second he was in view, "What happened?!" 

Maverick set Ice down on the couch as Slider got the med kit, "I have no idea. He called me, said he needed help, and I found him on a park bench, barely able to breathe."

"Did you eat something?" Slider was already grabbing an Epi-pen, "touch something?" 

"We've been over that. He didn't do anything new," Mav winced as Slider stabbed Ice in the leg with the pen, "shit." 

Ice started coughing, suddenly feeling his lungs expand.

"You're ok," Slider was rubbing the wound, "It's ok. Just breathe. You're doing great." 

"What are you allergic to? Could this have been hay fever?" Mav looked frantic.

"No," Slider got onto the couch and held Ice close to his chest as he struggled to calm down, "it must have been something nearby."

"I'm really going to need specifics here," Mav looked lost.

"I can't," Slider shook his head, "how.." It then hit him, "Oh my God." 

"What?!" 

Slider closed his eyes, "I fucked up." 

Ice shook his head and stopped Slider from trying to get up, "no.." 

"Baby, I think I did this." 

Mav was not going to question 'baby'. At least not right now.

"I think I got you the wrong meds-"

Ice stopped him with a hand over his mouth, "cat." 

"Cat?" Slider looked confused, "I thought you didn't know." 

Ice sat up and took off his sweater, revealing hives all along his arms, neck, chest, and back.

"Oh shit," Slider gently touched it, "but you're not sneezing?" 

"He did when I ran into him on his run." 

"How the hell did a cat get-" Slider looked around, "Is it just this sweatshirt?!" 

"Heisch!" Ice sneezed into cupped hands.

"You need a shower," Slider picked Ice up, "Maverick, look for that damn cat so I can skin it!" 

"Ay ay captain," Mav faked saluted before beginning his frantic search, "here kitty kitty!" 

-Meow-

Slider yelled from the bathroom, "Maverick!"

Welcome back! Missed your updates and hope your doing okay!!

can I just say poor ice and poor Mav not knowing how to help! Once again you outdid yourself! 

You updated!! I was so excited to see it! I so missed your updates but I totally understand how life gets in the way. I’m just so glad you’re back! This definitely was the boost I needed as I have an appointment coming up to tell me if I need surgery. Reading slider taking care of Ice like he always does and then Mav being so curious just made me so excited. I can’t wait for the next one! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 11:02 PM, Mygyn said:

Welcome back! Missed your updates and hope your doing okay!!

can I just say poor ice and poor Mav not knowing how to help! Once again you outdid yourself! 

I am back (again) lol I'm sorry I've been away for so long. You know I missed y'all. XOXOXO I'm alright. How are you?

Thank you so much! You're so kind to me.

On 4/19/2023 at 7:47 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

You updated!! I was so excited to see it! I so missed your updates but I totally understand how life gets in the way. I’m just so glad you’re back! This definitely was the boost I needed as I have an appointment coming up to tell me if I need surgery. Reading slider taking care of Ice like he always does and then Mav being so curious just made me so excited. I can’t wait for the next one! 

I've updated again too! I missed you guys so much. I"m so sorry I've been so unpredictable. Things are just going really fast here and I'm struggling to keep up lol.

Request: "the trio plan to go on some type of long road trip, but the morning they’re supposed to leave, ice wakes up sick. the thing is, all three of them HAVE to go. maybe it’s to go to a ceremony, or maybe they’re driving home from a vacation, idk. mav and slider feel awful about the whole thing, and ice feels miserable, not to mention embarrassed that he can’t help with the driving. mav and sli get ice settled in the back with a pillow, blanket, etc. and take turns driving so ice always has a cuddle buddy. throughout the drive, new symptoms keep popping up. nausea, fever, the whole nine yards. it’s a long day in the car, and they just try to help ice as much as they can."

I'm sorry this is so late. I really needed a break from everything. I promise I'm not abandoning this thread. I just needed to just not do anything for a bit.

Chapter Text

Mav did not want to be here. He put on a smile and said hello to anyone who walked up to him, giving short answers in conversation to look like he was participating or at least paying attention. But really, all he could think about was Ice. He was against Ice going back to work after everything with cancer and chemo. He thought that Slider would be on his side on this, but Slider actually looked relieved to have Ice back in action. He thought Slider would be barricading the doors and handcuffing Ice to the bed.

He hadn't realized he'd been smiling until Slider nudged him, "What's got you smiling like that."

Mav looked up at him before leaning closer, "Just the thought of you tying Ice to the bed-" 

"Really, now you put that in my head," Slider turned away, "like I'm not already wound up." 

"Wait, why?" Mav turned him back, "sexually?" 

"No," Slider hissed back, glad they were relatively alone, "there's a lot of people here, and Ice just got back into the game. I think I'm more stressed than he is." 

"I think you're always more stressed than he is, nowadays," Mav looked over towards the small crowd forming around Ice. 

It was then that they saw something that had their stomachs dropping and anger rising. Across the hall, was another admiral that they know shook Ice's hand that morning, sneezing into them and coughing. 

"I'm going to kill him-"

"No," Slider grabbed him by his shirt, "but I think it's time we got Ice into a hot shower and call it a day." 

"Think it's too late?" Mav bit the inside of his cheek hard.

"Considering how much hand sanitizer you've been dousing him with, we might just be ok." 

Sometimes, Slider thought his big mouth jinxed him. He knew it the second they got back to the hotel and Ice finally showed how he truly felt that they were screwed. His shoulders sagged, his hand coming up to lean comfortably against the wall, eyes closing for a moment as he let himself breathe.

"I'm impressed," Mav wrapped his arms around Ice and let him lean against him, "I thought you'd be exhausted day one and we'd be home before midnight." 

"I hate... conferences..." Ice did his best to sound as clear as possible, "But it is... necessary." 

"Save your voice," Slider kissed his forehead, "your throat must be killing you." 

"Not anymore," Ice joked before touching Slider's chest and heading into the bathroom for a shower.

Mav stood anxiously by the bathroom door, still not ready to admit that Ice didn't need help anymore. Of course, there were some days that were worse than others, but for the most part, he was good to walk around, shower, and was cleared for duty. Mav just wasn't ready to let him go.

"He's not going to collapse," Slider was sitting in a chair, waiting for their turn to shower, "he just wants some independence back." 

"I know," Mav sighed, "but I can't make myself sit down. I want to be in there with him." 

"And eventually he'll believe we are there because we enjoy it, instead of babysitting him. Just give him some time." 

"You'd think after 30 years, he'd know we'd do anything for him."

"He knows," Slider yawned, "he's just testing his own boundaries. He's still Ice." 

"Yeah, stubborn, cranky-"

"-and always right," Slider raised both eyebrows, "and handsome, and smart and the love of our life?" 

"He's standing right behind me," Mav nodded before turning around, "I love you so much."

"I love you too," Ice put a hand on Maverick's cheek, "next shower... together."

"Only if you're ready," Mav held Ice's hand to his cheek.

"I don't know... when I will be... ready," Ice cleared his throat, "I just want to move on.

"Move on?" Mav frowned, "you've been through so much. I don't understand why you want to forget about it." 

"Not forget," Ice frowned, "Let go.”

"You know I don't know how," Mav kissed Ice's palm.

"You're learning," Ice let his hand fall, "both of you. Shower." 

"Yes, sir," Slider was already throwing his shirt towards the suitcase, "I'm exhausted." 

"It has been a long weekend," Ice let Maverick help him into some pajamas, well aware he could do it on his own.

"We will make it quick. Then we are calling it a night."

"Take all the time you want," Ice got into bed, "you won't wake me.

Slider frowned from behind the bathroom door, feeling a sense of dread.

"Good night, Ice," Maverick tucked him in and kissed his forehead, a little worried about how fast Ice fell asleep.

The sun woke Ice up, shining directly into his eyes through the thin curtains of their hotel window. He winced and moved his face away from the light, before opening his eyes. He hadn’t felt Slider and Maverick crawl into bed last night, but here they were. Maverick curled up against his back, and Slider, solid and strong under him, Ice’s head on his chest. As to how Slider got Ice into his lap without waking him, Ice had no idea.

Now that he was properly awake, he was very aware of how cold he was. Even with his own personal heater, aka Slider, he was still uncomfortably cold. Catching a glimpse of the clock, he decided it was too early to wake them and decided to curl back under the covers and hope their combined body heat would warm him up faster.

It didn’t occur to him that he should have already been warm, considering they’d been attached to him all night; but we shall excuse this for now.

----------------------------------

Maverick woke up not too long after Ice went back to sleep. He suddenly really needed to pee, and it couldn’t be ignored. Getting up, still groggy, he went to the bathroom, did his business, washed his hands (of course), and came back to bed. Now that he was a little more alert, he noticed that Ice had goosebumps all over his arms. Not thinking much of it, Maverick turned up the temperature in the room and crawled back in, making sure to get really close to Ice.

Once he was tucked back in, Slider snored so loudly that Mav couldn’t help but chuckle. It was something Slider only did when something was trying to wake him but wasn’t working. Mav figured it was him crawling back in, but then he noticed that Ice shiver hard.

“Ice?” Mav pulled the covers higher up and rubbed Ice’s back, feeling him shake, “honey, are you awake?”

When Ice didn’t answer, he knew he was still fast asleep. Before going back to sleep, Maverick grabbed an extra blanket and put it around Ice, hoping to keep him warm before they decide to get up and drive him.

Slider was officially the first person to wake up. He was aware that he felt kind of sweaty and he couldn’t figure out why. Sure, he ran hot, but he didn’t sleep sweat. The realization startled him and he opened his eyes and lifted a hand to his forehead, worried that he had a fever. When he felt nothing unusual, besides the sweat, he saw that there was an extra blanket and Ice on top of him, and the air felt warmer than it had been earlier. Confused, he looked over at Maverick, hoping he’d be up to explain, but the man was still out cold.

“Hm,” Ice shivered and cuddled more into Slider, unknowingly answering the unspoken question.

“Oh, babe,” Slider put a hand on Ice’s forehead and found it warm. He then smacks Maverick awake, scaring the smaller pilot enough that he fell off the bed.

Maverick’s head appeared over the bed, looking disgruntled, but mostly confused, “Why?”

“Ice has a fever.”

Any negative feelings he had about being woken up like that vanished instantly, “I’ll go grab some meds,” he was up and grabbing a random pair of pants, starting to put them on, “there’s a place around the corner-“

“Those are my pants,” Slider rolled his eyes, trying not to laugh.

“Damn,” he threw them off, “No wonder the legs never seem to end,” he jested before finding his own pants, “keep him asleep.”

“I’ll try. But I’m sweating,” Slider wiped his brow, “if he keeps sleeping on me, he’s going to wake up soon.”

“Then I’m running,” he didn’t bother putting on a shirt, just grabbing one and running out of the room with his wallet.

Slider was right with his timing. He doubted Maverick even got out of the building before he felt Ice stir.

“Hey, shh,” Slider kissed his head, “it’s still really early.”

You’re awake,” Ice mumbled into Slider’s shirt, “can’t be that early.

“Well, we have this room until 1 pm, so until it’s 12:30, I am considering it too early.”

I thought you wanted a head start-“ Ice stopped and started coughing into Slider’s chest, glad for the hand rubbing circles on his back.

“Do you want some water?”

Ice shook his head and rested back against him, “I’m fine.

“Yahuh,” Slider pulled the blankets better around them, ignoring his own rising temperature, “when Mav gets back, do you want some breakfast?”

Ice closed his eyes again, “you should eat.”

“So should you,” his hand came back up to touch Ice’s forehead, “you’ve got a fever, baby.”

You’re the one sweating,” Ice held Slider’s clammy hand.

“It’s really hot in here.”

I argue the opposite,” He shivered again, “Where is he?”

“He went to get you some medicine.”

Ice sighed and sat up, “at least I got sick after the conference.”

“I was really hoping we’d skip the conference cold this year,” Slider pulled him back against his chest, after sitting up himself, “It’s ok. Mav and I got the drive. You just rest and we’ll be home before you know it.”

I’m sorry-“ Ice didn’t finish his thought, as he felt his nose itch, “tsch-tsch-tssch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tschiew.”

“Bless you,” Slider kissed the back of his head, “No apologizing for being sick.”

I was apologizing for leaving the driving to you two.”

“I consider that apologizing for being sick.”

Maybe we should make it a two day trip-“

“Nope,” Slider kissed his cheek, “we are getting you home, and in bed as fast as we can. I might even let Mav speed.”

No law breaking,” he softly glared at him, “I am in no mood to bail you out of jail.

“No jail, maybe a ticket or two.”

“We got a ticket?” Mav came in holding a few bags, “how? When?”

“There’s no ticket. Just a hypothetical,” Slider raised a brow, “Buy the whole store there, Mitchell?”

“You’ll eat those words when you find out what I got.”

“If one of those isn’t a fever reducer, I’m making you walk home.”

“Of course, I got that,” He took it out of the bag and tossed it to Slider, “I also got: Tissues, cough drops, juice,” he put each item on the bed, well aware of Ice’s embarrassment blush, “and, because I love you too, Ron,” he pulled out a bag of sour gummy worms.

Slider chuckled and held Ice closer to his chest, “I take it I’m driving first?”

“Nope,” Mav grinned, “I’m driving. The entire way,” he wiggled his eyebrows, making Slider groan.

Ice seemed about to protest, but just ended up coughing.

“We’ll make this 6-hour drive turn into 4,” he started packing things up, “Sli, help me pack! I want to be home before dark.”

------------------------------

To say that Ice was uncomfortable, would be an understatement. They had barely been in the car for an hour, and he was already wanting to call it a day. It had nothing to do with Mav’s driving, fast as it was, but he was getting increasingly dizzy. He could feel his fever making his skin sensitive to the touch, and he was very aware of Slider rubbing his back, but all he could focus on was breathing. It felt hot and thick, and almost labored. His memories of the cancer resurfaced, and he was trying to push it back down. He could breathe. Everything was fine.

“Babe?” Slider put a hand on his forehead, “you’re hyperventilating.”

Ice weakly looked at him, but closed his eyes as his vision swam, “ugh.

Mav and Slider shared a look through the rearview mirror. Ice did not groan unless things were really bad.

“Mav, pull over,” Slider went back to checking on Ice and noticed that his eyes kept going back into his head as he tried to look around. He was clearly suffering from Vertigo, and that either met he was going to throw up or pass out.

“He gonna be sick?” Mav pulled over and parked the car, instantly jumping out of the car and rushing to the back, opening the door and helping Ice out. They sat him down on the ground and shielded him from the view of other cars.

“It’s ok, Ice,” Slider was rubbing his back and leaning him forward, “just let It out. You’ll feel better.”

At the worst possible moment, Mav saw a cop car pull up behind them, “I got this.”

Slider held Ice and made sure he couldn’t see the cop, just in time for Ice to finally throw up in the grass.

“Shit, is he alright?” The cop got out of the car and looked at Maverick with concern.

“Yeah, he just gets carsick sometimes. Highways aren’t his favorite.” He lied, not wanting to tell this officer that this was an admiral with the flu.

“Does he have any Dramamine?” The officer went back to his car and took out a blister pack, “I always carry a pack in case we get any drunk and disorderly. Getting puke out of the car is a nightmare.”

“He um,” he looked down at the drugs knowing damn well Ice couldn’t take those, “We ran out, thank you.” He took the drugs and put it in his pocket, “He’s really ok. We’ll just be sitting here for a minute until he calms down.”

“Alright, I’ll radio you guys in in case you have to stop again.” He got back into his car and Maverick went back to his boyfriend.

Ice had stopped puking and was now sitting against Slider, who was rubbing his stomach and kissing his forehead.

“How are we doing?” Mav sat back down and rubbed Ice’s knee, frowning at how Ice seemed to be fighting just to stay awake, “hey, it’s ok. You can fall asleep.”

Slider looked stressed, continuously blinking so he didn’t start crying, “It’s ok. Let it happen. We’ve got you.”

Mav realized that Ice was passing out, “It’s ok, Ice.”

The cop finally sped past them, and Maverick was glad he didn’t see Ice out cold. The cop probably would have thought they had kidnapped him or something.

Ice finally succumbed and went limp against Slider, who held onto him tightly and just rocked him softly. It was rare to see Slider so stressed out as he was usually the calm one of the three. He always had a smile on his face. He always found the silver lining in any situation. But now, he was just scared.

“You know Ice is going to be ok,” Mav knew where Slider’s head was at, “the cancer is gone. He’s just got a bad fever.”

“I know,” Slider sighed, “but I can’t stop.”

Mav could see the tears forming in his eyes and noticed he kept looking at the vomit, “Babe, there’s no blood.”

Slider made a soft huffing sound and turned his face away from Maverick, tearing finally falling.

“Come on,” Mav frowned, “let’s get him back in the car.”

Slider nodded and effortlessly picked Ice up, cradling him in his arms for a moment before strapping him into the seat.

“Come here,” Mav took Slider’s hand and pulled him away from the car, giving him a hug, “you’re having a mild panic attack. Just breathe for a minute, ok?”

Slider put his face in Maverick’s neck and focused on how Maverick smelled. Somehow, he still smelled like jet fuel, even though they haven’t been near a plane in more than a week. It was comforting and he found himself smiling.

“You ok?”

“Yeah,” Slider sniffed, “I just like the way you smell.”

Maverick chuckled and kissed his lips, “are you ok to start again?”

“Mind if I drive for a bit?”

“Need a distraction?” Mav rubbed his thumb along Slider’s cheeks, frowning as he nodded, “Ok.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too,” Mav kissed him before handing him the keys, “try to go at least 10 above?”

“5.”

“7.”

“Deal,” Slider rolled his eyes and walked to the driver’s side.

“Guess I’m on cuddle duty,” Mav crawled into the back and pulled Ice’s unconscious form into him, “We’re ready when you are, Sli.”

“Buckled in?”

“Yes Mom,” Mav pulled on his seatbelt for emphasis.

“Shut up,” He rolled his eyes fondly before starting the car and continuing the drive.

They were actually making great time. Mav’s prediction might have been right. As long as no traffic suddenly popped up, they might be home within 4 hours.

“Do you want me to drive the last hour and a half?” Mav pipped up, clearly more than happy to stay with Ice, and was just asking to be polite.

“Keep him comfy, I’m fine,” Slider smiled and hummed along to some music.

Ice opened his eyes and looked over at Maverick, “where?”

“We’re almost home, baby,” Mav watched Ice scrunch up his nose. He hated being called ‘baby’, “You slept through most of the drive.”

Slept?”  Ice looked skeptical.

“Well, fainting is like an impromptu nap. I call that forced sleep.”

Ice sighed and sat up, instantly coughing into his fist, sounding congested and thick.

“That doesn’t sound good,” Mav frowned and patted Ice back until he got his breath back.

Doesn’t feel good either,” Ice cleared his throat, “How much longer?”

“90 minutes,” Slider reached back and squeezed his knee, “what doesn’t feel good, babe?”

Throat, head, stomach,” Ice pulled his sweater over his face and moved slightly away, sneezing into his elbow, “itsch-sch-sch-sch-sch-schii.”

“Nose?” Mav pouted and handed him some tissues, “blow, baby.”

Ice rolled his eyes and blew his nose, thankful for the relief. His headache lessened lightly afterward.

“How does a hot bath sound?” Mav pulled out a bottle of Vicks, “We could put some on your chest and loosen up that congestion.”

“Don’t open it now,” Slider made a face.

“I wasn’t going to, just presenting an option for home.”

Might help,” Ice shrugged, not really liking Vicks as it made his nose really itchy.

“It will help,” Mav kissed Ice’s lips, “positive thinking.”

“Ah’Chiew!” Slider suddenly sneezed, snapping Mav and Ice out it.

“Bless you!” Mav was suspicious, “you never sneeze.”

“It happens from time to time,” Slider rolled his eyes, “I’m fine.”

Mav narrowed his eyes, “pull over.”

“Mav-“

“I’m driving,” Mav started unbuckling his seatbelt.

“You’re being drama-hih” Slider turned again, “Ah’schiew!- UHtschiew!”

“That’s three.”

Slider blinked a bit before silently turning off to the side and parking the car. He left the keys in the ignition an got out of the car, only to walk a few paces away, sneezing openly toward the ground, “Ah’chiew! Hih..EH’tschiew!”

Bless you!  Mav frowned and walked over, handing him a few tissues, “still not sick?”

Slider took the tissues and pressed them across his face, “TSCHiew!”

Mav put a hand on Slider’s forehead while he was blowing his nose, “Shit, you have a fever too.”

“What?” Slider looked confused, “I never get fevers.”

“Well, there’s a first time for everything,” Mav frowned, “that explains why you were all sweaty this morning.”

“I thought it was all the blankets,” Slider sniffed, “and the temperature was turned up-“

“I turned it up when I saw Ice shivering,” He rubbed Slider’s back, “Come on. We gotta get you both home and in bed.”

“I really don’t feel bad, Pete.”

“Doesn’t matter,” Mav slapped his butt slightly, “go buckle in. I’m breaking the speed limit.”

“Oh boy,” Slider sniffed and went into the back, instantly wrapping an arm around Ice, “Guess Mav is on nurse duty.”

“Yup,” Mav pulled back onto the street, “Prepare to be pampered.”

Ice put a hand on Slider’s forehead and frowned.

“Babe,” Slider took Ice’s hand and kissed it, “you have a fever too. Just let me hold you. You’re off duty until that fever goes away, and so am I.”

You’re sweating,” Ice frowned and pulled his sleeve down to wipe the sweat from Slider’s brow.

“I just need a cool shower,” Slider kissed his forehead, “I’ll be right as rain soon enough.”

When they finally got home, Slider went straight to the shower and had a cold 30-minute shower while Maverick started the bath in the downstairs bathroom for Ice. He was still out of it and was sitting in the living room, trying not to fall asleep.

“Hey handsome,” Mav came over and kissed his forehead, waking him up from his mini nap, “ready for a warm bath?”

Ice nodded softly before taking Maverick’s arm for help standing. They slowly walked to the bathroom, where Maverick took off Ice’s clothes and helped him into the bath. Ice was shaking, not only from the cold but from weakness, by the time he was settled inside.

“Do you want to warm up a bit before you try the Vicks?”

Ice nodded and leaned his head back.

“Here,” Maverick folded a towel and put it behind his head, “better?”

Ice nodded again, eyes glossy and tired, but full of gratitude.

“I’m going to go check on Slider and I’ll be right back, ok?”

Ice nodded, eyes closing.

“Try to stay awake,” Mav kissed his forehead before running upstairs, still hearing the water go.

Stepping into the bathroom, he saw Slider just standing under the water, moaning slightly.

“What’s wrong?” Mav pushed back the shower door and looked inside.

“It just feels so good,” Slider sniffed, “I was so hot.”

“Yeah,” Mav reached out and touched Slider’s stomach, “You’re getting heat rash.”

“Just blotchy from fever,” Slider turned off the water, “Go make Ice some tea? I’m going to throw on some boxers and meet you downstairs?”

“Do you want ice water?”

“No,” Slider sniffled again, “I’ll just regret it when my throat hurts. Just water.”

“We have some room temp bottles downstairs.”

“Great,” Slider got out and took the towel from Maverick, “Fuck... I’m already warm.”

“Maybe you should stay here and lay down. The bathroom is going to be all steamy. You’ll just feel worse.”

Slider nodded slightly, hating that he couldn’t be there to hold Ice’s hand, “Is he ok?”

“Yeah, just cold,” Mav frowned, “Don’t bother with the underwear. You’re already sweating.”

“Ok,” Slider suddenly felt really drained, “let me know how it goes.”

“I will,” Mav put an arm around Slider and brought him to the bed, “try to sleep. I got this.”

“I know,” Slider closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Mav brought the hot tea to the bathroom and smiled when he found Ice asleep, snoring lightly, seemingly comfortable, despite the humidity of the room. He softly set the tea on the sink and knelt down, softly running his fingers through Ice’s hair.

Ice slowly woke up and looked at him, sniffling lightly.

“Hey sunshine,” Mav smiled, “do you still want to do the Vicks, or do you want to go to bed?”

Ice blinked a bit and looked around, clearly having forgotten he was still in the tub, “Where’s Slider?”

“He’s already in bed,” Mav kissed Ice’s hand, “You sound clearer.”

Steam,” he coughed slightly, “perhaps we can wait tomorrow?”

“I think that’s a great idea,” he unplugged the tub and helped Ice get up and out, “hold the sink, while I dry you off,” he kissed Ice’s lips.

The towel.. is warm?”

“Threw it in the dryer for a minute while you were asleep.”

Ice’s eyes went soft and he was clearly taken by the act of kindness.

“What?” Mav wrapped the towel around Ice’s waist, “It’s just a towel.”

Ice tilted his head before kissing Mav’s forehead, “It’s not just a towel.

“I think your fever is getting to you,” Mav rolled his eyes and put an arm around his waist, “it’s time for some more medicine and bed.”

Ice didn’t push the matter and let him tuck him into the downstairs guest bedroom, not trusting his strength to make it up the stairs. It actually worked out, as Slider needed the fan on to cool down, and Ice needed more blankets to offset his shivers.

“Good night,” Mav kissed his lips, “I’ll check on you in a few hours.”

Ice was too out of it to really understand what he said and fell asleep.

Maverick walked out to the couch and laid down, turning the tv on without sound. He ended up falling asleep there before the opening credits of the movie had finished. While he may not have been sick, it had still been a crazy weekend, and they all deserved to sleep; even if it was only 6pm.  

Ahhhhh! I’m so happy that you updated!! You have no idea! This literally came at the perfect time as my world is falling apart (both literally and metaphorically but we laugh about it instead of confronting things) and this came at the perfect moment. Definitely will be reading this next installment on a loop for the next couple days. I hope things go a lot smoother for you going forward since I definitely understand that overwhelmed and wanting to do nothing feeling. Amazing part as always and I can’t wait for anymore that you gift us with. Such a great chapter! Their dynamic always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside and definitely heals a little bit of my pain with the world. A million out of ten!!

Thank you for putting so much effort into your writing despite all that you have going on! I really enjoyed reading your work. I hope things calm down for you a bit. The relationship you built is so beautiful and I can't wait for more when you're ready!!!! :D

I haven’t seen the Top Gun sequel, so I don’t know all the details, but I liked the little twist with Slider being protective but getting sick too. ❤️

Ohh more friends on the Drabble top gun train! @RemedyBane is the best! @Wolfwings22 has a couple stand alone an over in the fanfic section that I would highly recommend as well! Yay more ppl who love top gun and sneeze drabbles!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 6:03 PM, Wolfwings22 said:

Ahhhhh! I’m so happy that you updated!! You have no idea! This literally came at the perfect time as my world is falling apart (both literally and metaphorically but we laugh about it instead of confronting things) and this came at the perfect moment. Definitely will be reading this next installment on a loop for the next couple days. I hope things go a lot smoother for you going forward since I definitely understand that overwhelmed and wanting to do nothing feeling. Amazing part as always and I can’t wait for anymore that you gift us with. Such a great chapter! Their dynamic always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside and definitely heals a little bit of my pain with the world. A million out of ten!!

Ahh I'm so happy you read it ! XOXOXOXO WHat happened?!?! Are you OK??? Girl if you don't send me a DM imma loose it. XOXO 

On 5/17/2023 at 12:15 AM, Alexmeiai774 said:

Thank you for putting so much effort into your writing despite all that you have going on! I really enjoyed reading your work. I hope things calm down for you a bit. The relationship you built is so beautiful and I can't wait for more when you're ready!!!! :D

Thank you so much! You are too kind! XOXO 

On 5/18/2023 at 1:01 PM, solitaire-au said:

I haven’t seen the Top Gun sequel, so I don’t know all the details, but I liked the little twist with Slider being protective but getting sick too. ❤️

No worries! I try not to put too many spoilers in my work, but I highly recommend you watch it. The cancer thing is based on Val Kilmer's real-life story. HE had throat cancer back in 2014(?) and his voice is just starting to come back but in a limited capacity. So I try to respect his current condition in my work. Thank you for reading!

On 5/23/2023 at 6:59 PM, Mygyn said:

Ohh more friends on the Drabble top gun train! @RemedyBane is the best! @Wolfwings22 has a couple stand alone an over in the fanfic section that I would highly recommend as well! Yay more ppl who love top gun and sneeze drabbles!

YESS MORE FRIENDS!! I'M SO THRILLED!! You guys are the BEST! Also, @Wolfwings22 is KILLING THE GAME! freaking love their stuff! head over there, if you haven't! XOXOXOXOXO THanks @Mygyn Love you baby!

Friendly reminder! If this site gets shut down or something happens to the page, I'm on AO3 with the same name. 

https://archiveofourown.org/works/40398453/chapters/119943256

Flowers:

Mav sat on the bed, contemplating normal romantic gestures. There were picnics, long walks on the beach, flowers, dinner, candles, blah blah blah. He could only milk long walks on the beach for so long. He needed a new gesture. Picnics were out, as the grass would irritate Ice. He couldn't cook dinner to save his life, and all of the restaurants near here were either dive bars or really fancy restaurants that they usually booked for anniversaries. Candles were messy and were a fire hazard; so he couldn't have Slider threw him against a table just for the candle to fall and light up the tablecloth or something. God, he really loved when Slider threw him against things.

He shook his head, snapping out of his little fantasy. Then there were flowers. Ice was allergic. Was it really possible to be allergic to every flower? There had to be some kind that didn't bother him... right? 

"You're being too quiet," Slider came in, distractingly only in a towel, smelling like his cologne. 

Mav remembered being puzzled by this when he first met them. Ice was so sensitive to scents that he figured Slider never wore anything, but here he was, smelling like coffee, wood, leather, and some kind of spice. No wonder he was always so comforting to hug. 

"What kind of flowers are Ice allergic to?" Mav put his arm under his head to prop himself up enough to see Slider.

Slider was taken aback by that question, "Uhm, all of them?" 

"That's statistically unlikely," Mav sighed, "Which ones have you seen him react to?"

Slider looked at the door, unconsciously looking for Ice, who was behind the door, reading comfortably on the couch, "We walked through a rose garden-"

"Doesn't count. Those have grass," Mav sat up more.

"I never thought about that," Slider blinked and looked back at Mav, "Mav, I've never seen him actually react to a flower without grass present." 

"So," Mav held up his hands, "theoretically, it's possible Ice might not be allergic to any?" 

"He said he-" Slider paused and frowned, "Wait... have you ever heard Ice say specifically that he's allergic to a type of flower?" 

"No," Mav's eyes widened, "I never questioned it," Mav jumped off the bed and burst into the living room, ignoring the slight slam of the door, "ICE!"

Ice jumped and looked between the door and Mav's excited face, breathing a little heavier as he tried to calm himself down.

"What flowers are you allergic to?!" 

"W..what?" Ice stuttered, completely caught off guard and still shaken by the loud entrance.

"Did you have to slam the door?" Slider came out, looking disappointed.

"Oh shit!" Mav turned, "I’m so sorry. I didn't even notice I did that." 

Ice had put the book down and took off his glasses, slightly breathless, "it's ok," he cleared his throat, "what did you ask?" 

Mav came to the couch and knelt down by it, "what flowers are you actually allergic to?" 

Ice blinked at him for a moment before speaking, "I..." he looked at Slider, surprised to see him just as perplexed as Mav, "oh.."

Ice was never at a loss for words, but Mav and Sli were accounting it to the door slam shock.

"Daisies," Ice blushed and looked down, "why?" 

"Just them?" 

"I don't know," his cheeks darkened, "I never really...thought about it?" 

"So, technically," Mav took Ice's hand, "you might not be allergic." 

"There was that time at the rose garden-"

"It was grass," Slider shrugged and came closer, "every time I've seen you react to flowers, grass was in the picture. I just never thought to rule it out."

"Why does this matter?" Ice was starting to get nervous, "I'm not going to a flower shop." 

"Don't want you to," Mav crawled onto the couch and kissed Ice's lips, "but would it be ok, if I brought some home to...test?"

"Test?" 

"Yeah," Mav kissed him again, "I just wanna buy you flowers sometimes." 

"And if I'm allergic to all of them?" Ice couldn't make eye contact.

"Then I will make them out of metal." 

"We could just get artificial plants-" Ice was stopped by another kiss.

"I don't want flowers here for the sake of flowers. I just..." Mav stopped, not sure how to phrase it.

"To communicate without words that we love you," Slider finished, understanding Mav's thought process.

Ice took a short breath, still not comfortable showing weakness, especially not on purpose.

"It's ok if you don't want to," Mav sat up.

Ice could see how much Mav really wanted to try, so he swallowed down his fear and nodded.

"Really?" Mav grinned, then stopped, "you're not just doing this because I'm asking, right?"

"I could use some... answers." 

Slider saw the hesitancy but didn't say anything. He wanted to know as well. Besides, he would at least get a lovely display either way.

Ice had agreed that he would try a little at a time, but he didn't want to do an entire bouquet of different flowers in one day. Mav was totally ok with that, even excited to test his theory. The first thing he wanted to try was roses. It was the symbol of life. So when he saw a receptionist with the biggest bouquet of roses he has ever seen, looking angry, he decided she might let him borrow one.

"What's the occasion?" He asked and leaned onto the counter, smiling at her.

She smiled at him, taken by his charm, "my husband forgot our anniversary," he blushed and looked down, "this is his apology gift." She scrunched up her nose, displeased, "Roses are so easy. Why couldn't they be irises? Then at least I'd know he still listens to me."

"Irises are your favorite?" 

"Yeah," she shrugged, "I always found roses to be the easy way out. Everyone knows about roses. There's not thought to it. Why doesn't he ever think?"

"Because your husband is an idiot," He took a single red rose out of the bunch and sniffed it, "at least they smell nice."

"Take it," she rested her head on his hands, "take them all for all I care."

"I think I'm good with one," He winked, "irises do compliment your eyes." 

"That's why I like them!" she huffed, "Why aren't I married to you?" 

"Because I'm already taken," he grinned and got off the counter, "thanks for the rose."

"Anytime," she chuckled and went back to work, "tell your friends!"

Mav took another sniff of the rose and frowned, "is it really that basic?" he mumbled to himself, not really expecting an answer.

When he approached the hard deck, he hid the rose behind his back and slowly walked in, looking around for Ice. He eventually found him sitting in a corner, reading up on something while chewing on the back of his bed.

"Hey!" Mav called over the loud engine roars around them.

"Hey!" Ice called back and gestured for Mav to sit down next to him.

"I have something for you!" He showed him the flower and tried not to laugh at Ice's scared expression.

"Here?!" Ice looked around nervously.

"Everyone's tunnel vision right now. No one will know, much less hear your tiny sneezes," Mav moved the flower closer to Ice, raising a brow when Ice moved out of its way, "It won't bite you." 

"Fine!" Ice called back before taking the flower and giving it a sniff, making sure not to actually touch his nose. He moved the flower away from his face and studied it. It was pretty. He had never really 'stopped and smelled the roses' as they say... except literally. He liked the shape. It was all very uniform and symmetrical. 

"You're not sneezing!" Mav put his hands up in the air.

"What?!" Ice couldn't hear, but then realized that he felt fine. He was holding a rose, sniffing it, and nothing, "Holy shit." 

"It was the grass!" Mav got up and held out a hand, "We have to tell Slider!" 

"I can't hear you!" Ice frowned as another jet fired up, now gesturing for the door, "GO INSIDE!" 

Mav helped Ice grab his stuff before running to the door, throwing it open, and sighing with relief when they could hear again.

"I said, we have to tell Slider."

"Tell me what?" Slider was walking down the hall, looking like he desperately wanted a shower.

Instead of telling him, Ice put the flower to his nose and gave it another sniff. 

Slider's eyes widened, waiting for what he assumed was inevitable, but nothing happened, "Holy shit."

"I'm buying roses the second we get out of here!" Mav gave Ice his stuff back, "in every color they come in." 

"Mav," Ice furrowed his brow, "it's not that big of a deal-"

"This is going to be the first time anyone has bought you flowers," The realization hit Mav like a truck, "holy shit, this is a momentous occasion!" 

"How do you know momentous but just found out what a decanter is?" Slider raised a brow but was hiding a smile.

"Not all of us grew up in a winery," Mav rolled his eyes fondly, "why aren't you excited?" 

"I'm thrilled," Slider was a little tense, "I'm doing everything in my power not to kiss you right now."

Ice looked between them a little confused, "I haven't done anything-"

"You mean besides going against your head and testing the waters, here?" Mav hugged him, "I'm so proud of you." 

"Ok," Ice shivered and stepped back, suddenly very aware of their surroundings, "I have to study-"

"Nope," Slider came over and wrapped an arm around his shoulders, "you and I are going to shower."

Ice sighed, letting Slider squeeze him, "I can do that," he wouldn't admit it, but sweaty Slider did things to him.

Slider saw the look in Ice’s eyes and felt his pants become tighter, “hurry up before I do something we’ll regret,” he pulled Maverick by the shirt and headed to the locker room, grateful beyond recognition that it was somehow totally empty. He locked the doors and took off his shirt, soaking in Ice’s soft moans as his abs glistened.

“How do you get Ice to do that without doing anything?” Mav came over and opened Ice’s shirt, “why don’t you moan like that for me?”

“I didn’t mean to do that in the first place,” Ice was mortified.

“It was so hot,” Slider came closer and kissed him, hands undoing Ice’s pants, “relax baby, just give in.”

Ice told his brain to shut up and decided to just do what he wanted, which was to go down and lick Slider’s sweat off of his abs, slowly moving up just to go down until he hit the hemline of Slider’s pants.

“Ohh,” Slider put a hand on top of the lockers and leaned his head back, moaning as Ice bit his hip bone lightly, “fuck yes.”

Mav caught on quickly and went behind Slider, wrapping his arms around him, hands exploring his muscles, and teasing his sensitive spots.

Slider had to use a towel to bite down on, so he didn’t make any noise, which only worked so well.

Wolf and Hollywood would swear they didn’t hear anything when they (did)n’t walk by the bathroom. Nope, nothing at all.

----------------------------

Maverick was walking down the street when he saw a nice bouquet of flowers with different colors, but also seemed to be the same kind. Usually, he understood this to be a tulip or rose trait but didn’t recognize these at all. His eyes immediately went to the orange one. It reminded of all the sunrises he had been driving his motorcycle, only for Ice to fly a plane over his head. It happened on his way to Top Gun, but somehow became a tradition. Ice loved a warmup flight early in the morning. Slider… well, he made it worth his time.

He charmed the florist into giving him the orange one for free. He was actually aiming to be able to pay for just one flower and not an entire bouquet, but hey, he’ll take it. As he walked the rest of the way home, he twirled the flower in his hands, seeing that sunrise. It made him smile and he hoped Ice would see it too.

Ice had just pulled up to the house, having decided to stay later to finish some paperwork, knowing he’d have a hard time sleeping tonight if it wasn’t done. Maverick knew he would have to do his portion in the morning, but that didn’t bother him a bit. Opposites really do attract.

“Hey,” Ice stretched and locked the car, putting his bag over his right shoulder, “nice walk?”

“Yeah,” he picked the flower up, only to see Ice’s face, “you said you’d try flowers.”

“That’s a daisy, Mav,” Ice scrunched his nose up.

“What?” Mav looked at it, “Daisies are white with a yellow center.”

“There is also something called a Gerber Daisy,” Ice put his bag down and walked over, taking the flower, intending to give it a sniff and prove his fact, or at least get over the experiment, but he didn’t even need to bring to too close before he sneezed… into the flower.

“ITsch-“ He didn’t even feel it coming, sneezing opening, misting the flower, and probably Maverick, “Itsch-tsch-“ before bringing his elbow up and turning away, “itsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tschiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew!”

Mav took the flower and threw it behind him, not the least worried about being sneezed on, “I believe you, don’t do that,” He pulled Ice closer to him and wiped his watery eyes for him, “Bless you.”

“No daisies,” Ice sniffed and scrunched his nose up, still itchy.

“No daisies,” Mav put his sleeve over his hand and wiped the under his nose, “got it.”

Ice softly moved Mav’s hand away, “I’m fine. Just proving a point.”

“A point you never had to prove to begin with,” Mav kissed his lips, “I just didn’t know.”

Ice scrunched his nose up again, “Slider is going to like it anyway.”

“You all sniffly?” Mav smirked.

“I still need to sneeze,” Ice rolled his eyes, “I h’hiih..hate.. daisies-“ he turned away and sneezed into his elbow again, “chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chew-hew-hew-hew,” he gasped for breath and rubbed his nose.

“Bless you,” Mav brought his face out of his elbow, “I think we’re done experimenting for today.”

“I’m kind of curious too, though,” Ice sniffed, “I don’t mind it as much as I usually do,” he blushed, “It feels almost... normal?”

“The roses?”

“Yeah,” He cleared his throat, “I like them.”

“You like roses?” Mav wrapped his arms around them, “I had you pegged as a tulip guy.”

“Why?”

“Tulips represent perfection and royalty,” Mav smiled, “You’re basically top gun royalty.”

“Why do you know so much about flowers?”

“I’ve had a few women I’ve tried to woe in the past with flowers… They get this stuff.”

“I’m not a woman.”

“No shit,” Mav smacked his chest lightly, “But I’m horrible at saying how I feel. I guess it was the easiest way to communicate without actually saying it out loud.”

“Sounds like I should get a flower dictionary.”

“Yes, you Nerd,” Mav kissed him again, “I think you should.”

Thanks for the update 😭 it’s been an awful week this week so I really needed a ice/Mav/sly story 😭 

This was so so so adorable! I loved Mav and Slider finding out that Ice isn’t allergic to roses and trying out all the flowers wasn’t something I knew that I needed to read, and now that I have, I can’t get enough of it! As always these updates brighten my day in a way I can’t describe. I see you update and for the next hour or so I just read it over and over. Definitely can’t wait for more! Thank you so much for still writing these!