Sneeze Fetish Forum

Top Gun (Mav x ice)

RemedyBane

This one was so sweet! Maverick feeling on the outs and ice reassuring him just melted my heart! And the way that ice is getting more comfortable with allowing maverick to help him with his sneezing fits is just so cute! Showing the dynamics of their relationship and the insecurities that can come from home it but then also showing them working it out just has me basking in the fluffiness of it. Amazing as always and I can’t wait for more!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RemedyBane

• Mygyn

• Wolfwings22

• Loverofreading

On 10/6/2022 at 2:36 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

This one was so sweet! Maverick feeling on the outs and ice reassuring him just melted my heart! And the way that ice is getting more comfortable with allowing maverick to help him with his sneezing fits is just so cute! Showing the dynamics of their relationship and the insecurities that can come from home it but then also showing them working it out just has me basking in the fluffiness of it. Amazing as always and I can’t wait for more!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

Request for Ice sneezing in the cockpit. 

October 5ths prompts that i'm super late for: Flowers + Blankets

Flowers in The Cockpit

The hanger was much colder than usual so most of the pilots were huddled up with their RIOs, sharing blankets and jackets, complaining about why it was suddenly a frozen tundra in here. Their questions were finally answered when Viper came out in a puffy jacket and holding a steaming cup.

"The air conditioning is so damn broken, we can't even turn it off," Viper groaned as he felt another shiver, "I didn't even know it could get this cold, but apparently it can and no one knows what's going on. So try to stay warm, and maybe stay outside. Let's hurry up and get going before your hands freeze." 

"Go where, sir?" Wolfman looked confused; they didn't have scheduled training today; only lecture.

"I'm cancelling lectures today," Viper rubbed his arms, "it's too damn cold. So get in your plans and let's all head outside for some hot air." 

They all happily got up and ran to go get changed, making record time as no one wanted to be naked for any period of time. Once they had their suits on, they ran outside, taking a moment to warm up in the sunlight. 

Slider grabbed Ice's hands and rubbed them between his own, "gotta warm you up." 

"I"m warm, Sli," Ice smiled a little as Slider blew on his fingers, "Let's go before we're the last ones ready."

"Babe, you're never last," Slider gave him his hands back, "besides, I think Mav and Goose are over there," He pointed to two people laying on the ground.

Ice took a breathe before turning away and heading towards their plane, "of course they are." 

"Idiots," Slider put an arm around Ice's shoulders and squeezed, "don't let them get to you. This is just an exercise." 

"The mistakes you practice are what habits will get you killed," Ice shook his head before climbing up, getting himself situated. The first thing he noticed when he sat down was that it smelled different. He took a few sniffs, trying to figure out if there was some kind of gas leak or something else.

Slider got in and sniffed the air, "what is that?" 

"I don't know," Ice rubbed his face, frustrated, "if this is one of Mav's pranks, i'm going to kill him." 

"It's not a bad smell," Slider took a deep breathe, "it's actually really nice. Maybe someone cleaned the inside?" 

"I am the only one who cleans this plane," Ice's jaw tensed.

"We can figure it out later, "Slider reached over and squeezed his shoulder, "let's get ready." 

"Fine," Ice sniffed before putting on his mask and closing the top.

The beginning was fine. They were just practicing different formations while Viper came up with a game plan last minute. Then, things went wrong when Ice felt his nose itch. It wasn't his normal itch that came out of nowhere and he could suppress. but an allergic itch.

"F'hh'uck," Ice threw off his mask and started to lower the plane so he couldn't accidentally hit someone.

"Ice? Why are you moving down? Is Something wrong with the plane?" Mav came out over the speaker, sounding a bit smug.

"Fit," Ice said over the speaker, confusing the rest of the pilots.

"WHat does that mean? Did you cut out?" 

Slider knew exactly what he meant and went alert, "Everyone go up. Ice, Mav is above you, we are still 15,000 feet above ground."

"What's going on?" Viper was on the call, "Slider, Iceman, talk to me." 

Ice suddenly started pitching forward, trying not to make a sound, but also keep his eyes open so they didn't crash.

"Fuck," Slider started to look around, "Maverick, I really really need you to move away-! Don't do that!" Slider got angry when he saw Mav had flipped upside down so he could see into their cockpit.

"Woah," Mav said over the speaker, "Ice? Are you having a seizure?" 

"WHAT?!" Viper yelled.

"He's not having a seizure, Mitchell shut up," Slider gave him the bird, "what did you put in our cockpit?" 

Ice finally sat up after 12 and rubbed his face, "Landig dhe plade." 

"What?" Wolfman came over the line, "did anyone understand that?" 

"We're landing the plane, jackass," Slider translated as Ice started to descend. 

"Iceman, why are you landing?" Viper sounded concerned. 

"Al-Aghk-" Ice pinched his nose shut and almost hit his head on the dashboard.

"aghk? What does that mean?" 

"It means I'm going to kill you  when we land, you fucking asshole!" Slider got out of the plane the second Ice landed the plane and went to help Ice, who was still stifling sneezes.

"Kerner! What happened!?" Viper screamed.

Slider put Ice's Mask on, "Maverick gave Ice an allergic reaction. He landed the plane because he could barely see." 

"WHAT?!" 

"Ice is allergic to flowers," Slider wanted to face palm himself, "I should have realized the scent." 

"Why do you assume it was me?!" Mav called back, sounded fake offended.

"I saw you take flowers from your locker. I thought they were for Charlie!" 

"Excuse me?!" Viper sounded absolutely livid, "Mitchell, do you have any idea how FATAL this could have been?!" 

"I didn't know he was allergic," Mav seemed genuinely upset, "I swear this wasn't my plan."

"What as your plan?!" Slider started shouting, "Ask him out via intercom?" 

Mav paused for a moment, "Yeah.." 

"Your so dumb," Wolfman sighed.

Ice got out of the cockpit and jumped down, waving off Viper who had just run down and headed to the bathroom. 

Slider held a hand up to Viper, "I've got him, just give me a minute." Slider finally caught up to him and realized how much it was affecting him now that he could see him. His hands were pressed up against his face as he stifled more, clearly wet, sneezes.

"Ehk-tsxch-uh," Ice let it slip and winced.

"Oh, honey," Slider grabbed some paper towel and cleaned up the mess, kissing Ice's forehead between, "you need some benadryl and a nap." 

"Eh'kshchiew!" Ice sneezed off to the side before coughing.

"Keep standing up straight," Slider helped him and kissed his head again, "I know it feels wrong, but it will help you breathe." 

Ice leaned into Slider and took some more paper towel, blowing his nose, "I fugking hate Daisies," He blew his nose again, glad that the itch finally subsided.

"I know," Slider hugged him and kissed his head, "i'm sorry." 

"You boys in here?" Viper came in and frowned when Ice pulled away from Slider quickly, "How are you feeling, kid?" 

"I'm fine, sir," Ice threw the tissues away and kept his face turned away.

Viper sighed, rethinking coming closer, "Kerner, do you have benadryl at home?" 

"Yes sir," Kerner nodded, trying not to look worried.

"Good," Viper looked over Ice, wanting so bad to go up and hug him; but he'd met Kazansky senior, "take him home and get some rest."

"Thank you, sir," Slider took Ice's arm, not letting him jump back, "Hey, it's me, Tom." 

Ice looked over at Viper, then at Slider.

"Viper is the most affectionate captain I know," Slider pulled Ice closer, "he's not going to reprimand you for receiving a hug." 

"Hell," Viper put his hands in his pockets, "I came in here to give you one." 

Ice looked up quickly, genuinely shocked.

"Kid," Viper's eyes went soft, "No everyone shares your father's sentiments." 

Ice took a step back at that.

"Your breaking my heart, kid." 

Ice looked at Slider, not really sure what to do.

"Fuck it," Slider grabbed Viper and hugged him, even kissing his forehead, showing Ice it was ok.

Viper just laughed a bit at the kiss. When Slider let go, he opened his arms and let Ice slowly come closer, eventually wrapping his arms around him and holding him tight, "it's ok to be vulnerable. It's ok to not be ok." 

Ice slowly wrapped his arms around Viper, still waiting for the trick.

"No trick, son," Viper rubbed his back, hoping to calm him down, "Just a hug." 

Ice felt tears come to his eyes but held them back, quickly letting go and looking up at the ceiling, sniffling.

"Go home," Viper looked at Slider, both of them taking a moment to acknowledge with the other how tragic this was.

"Come on," Slider reached out a hand, waiting for Ice to take it; but when he didn't he frowned, "too much today?" 

Ice nodded before grabbing his things from the locker and rushing out.

"Sorry," Slider rubbed the back of his head, "touch.. it's new to not be painful." 

"Yeah," Viper nodded slowly, "go after him."

Slider gave him a sorry smile before running after his pilot. Thankfully, he found him just outside of Slider's car, having come together, clearly trying to hold in another sneeze, "Babe, we talked about this." 

Ice started slightly before putting his arm up, "Enkt-enkt-enkt-enkt-enkt-enkt-enkt-enkt-enkt'niuh." 

"You're too irritated to stifle them properly," Slider opened the door for him, "it's just me." 

Ice shook his head before getting into the passenger seat and put his head in his hands.

"Ok," Slider nodded sadly before going to the driver's side.

It took almost 10 minutes for Ice to say something, "I'm sorry."

"Whatever for?" Slider frowned.

"For-" Ice looked up at the roof, tilting his head back and sniffed, "god.. For everything?" 

"You haven't done anything wrong," Slider wanted to grab his hand and hold it until he felt ok, but Ice looked like he didn't even want the seat to touch him, "Do you want to shower alone?" 

Ice was silent for a little bit before shaking his head.

"Is that a no to the shower? or being alone?" 

Ice tilted his head back up and Slider hated how uncomfortable this topic made him, "Stay?" 

"Always," Slider felt a bit relieved, "benadryl first, ok?" 

Ice nodded before reaching over and taking Slider's open hand that he had unconsciously left by the gear shift.

Slider's eyebrows rose and he smiled, not having expected it, but was grateful nonetheless, "Ok."

Ice squeezed his hand, "you know I trust you, right?" 

Slider looked at him for a second before pulling into the driveway, "yeah, of course I do." 

"Not just in the air-" 

"I know." 

Ice pulled his arm a little, making him look back at him when he parked the car, "I love you." 

It wasn't the first time Ice had said that, but it still gave him butterflies, "I love you too, Tom." 

Ice seemed pleased with that response and leaned over, kissing Slider softly. 

Slider could feel another apology on Ice's lips, so instead, he leaned closer and deepened the kiss, not letting Ice have any doubts about what he wanted. When he felt Ice relax, he pulled back, "Maybe, we can postpone that shower?" 

"Thirty minutes won't kill me." 

"Oh, baby," Slider kissed him again, "you really know how to please a guy." 

This was such an interesting one! Seeing the way that Viper was with Ice and how Ice was then with Slider and not wanting that touch right away while still being embarrassed to have an allergy attack was something I didn’t know that I needed, but very much enjoyed. Poor Ice!

5 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

This was such an interesting one! Seeing the way that Viper was with Ice and how Ice was then with Slider and not wanting that touch right away while still being embarrassed to have an allergy attack was something I didn’t know that I needed, but very much enjoyed. Poor Ice!

Thank you :)

October prompts: Exhaustion + Sniffles.

Apology Cookies

The sun was beginning to set and he was actually having a nice day. Usually, especially when dealing with Jake, he had a pretty mediocre day. Following orders was always a hit and miss, some would say he got that from Mav, and lectures and meetings really made it hard to stay awake. He loved flying, don't doubt that, but when he isn't flying, everything was just... meh. He much prefered playing the piano, making his friends sing along, and dancing. 

The strange thing about today, was that he just felt energized. He had a little skip in his step and managed to stay awake and completely focused on the lessons; even if it wa from Cyclone. God, that man couldn't get more boring if he tried. Now he was just getting out of his car and basking in the last little bit of sunshine before heading into the house. The first thing he noticed was that someone was home. He saw Uncle Ice's car in the garage and the house smelled a bit like coffee and chocolate. Now that he had stepped in, he noticed the fresh cookies cooling on the stove top and Ice no where in sight. 

"Ice?" Bradley called out, but not too loudly as to scare him should he be closer than Bradley assumed.

Ice heard Bradley and walked out of the bedroom, having just put on a sweater, "your home early." 

Bradley grinned before walking over and giving him hug, "i'm not that early." 

ice was taken aback a little but hugged him back, "good day, then?" 

"Yeah," Bradley didn't let go, "just really happy today." 

"That's good," Ice had to stop himself from resting his head against Bradley's shoulder and falling asleep; he was so damn tired. 

"What about you?" Bradley pulled back and fixed his sweater, "This is the first time you've been home for dinner all week." 

Ice furrowed his brow, looking apologetic, "Meetings are finally over."

"Ah, the finally made a decision." 

"I've had my mind made up the first hour," Ice rolled his eyes.

"I assume you persuaded them that you're right?" 

"I'm always right," Ice smiled and but and squeezed Bradley's arm, "decided to make cookies."

"Are you apologizing to Mav?" 

"well, not just Mav," Ice walked with him to the kitchen, pouring himself some coffee.

"You don't have anything to apologize for," Bradley took a cookie, smiling that it was still warm.

"I promised to be here-"

"you are here." 

Ice sniffed and pushed up his glasses, "not as much as i'd like to be." 

Bradley paused, about to take a bite, but moved his arm back down, "Hey, you've always been there for me, even when I didn't want it," he paused as Ice huffed a small laugh, "you are always here. Even when you're not." 

Ice relaxed a little, ice melting at Bradley's genuineness, "I-"

Thankfully, Ice didn't have to respond to that, as he really didn't know what to say, as the door opened to reveal Mav and Slider.

"Did Ice make cookies?!" Mav dropped his stuff and ran into the kitchen, ignoring the cookies and hugging Ice before kissing him, "you're home."

Ice instantly kissed him back and returned the hug, "Yeah." 

"We've missed you," Mav kissed him again.

"I'm so-"

"Nuhuh," Mav pulled him back in and kissed him a third time, "you didn't even have to make apology cookies." 

Slider walked in and took a cookie, "they're good though." 

"I didn't want to come home empty handed," he sniffed and took off his glasses, cleaning them for something to do with his hands.

Slider frowned and came closer, kissing his forehead, "you look exhausted." 

Bradley rolled his eyes; sometimes wondering how those idiots landed Ice.

Of course, Ice didn't take offense, "a lot of late nights." 

"We know," Mav hugged him, burying his face in his chest, "you're gone so early too, i'm pretty sure your side of the bed never gets warm."

Ice had a hitch in his breathe when Mav said that, clearly upset about that fact, "I didn't want that." 

"Baby," Slider took his face in his hands, "No one is blaming you for anything. We're just saying we missed you."

"I missed you too," Ice relaxed when Slider kissed him.

"Good, because you need to get some actual sleep." 

"I just got home-" 

"With the beginnings of a cold," Slider put a hand on his forehead, "Your voice is getting all husky, but you don't have a fever." 

"i'm pretty sure that would be the cancer," Ice raised a brow at the voice comment.

"More than usual," Slider looked disappointed at the jab at his previous condition.

"I'm fine, Ron-" 

"Oh," Mav looked up at Slider, "first name basis," he shook his head, asking him not to push.

"I am the only person in this family not afraid of you," Slider kissed Ice again, "you can get mad at me all you want. You, bed, now." 

"You're not afraid of me?" 

"Never," Slider held his face in his hands, "respect? sure, but never afraid." 

Bradley and Mav slowly walked out of the kitchen, hoping they wouldn't me called in on this stand off.

"Don't look at me like that," Slider stepped closer, putting Ice against the counter, "It only turns me on." 

"Uh gross," Bradley walked away and towards his room, "If you're going to have kitchen sex, just text me when you're done!"

"Bradley!" Ice called out.

"I KNOW WHAT YOU DO!" Ice raised a brow and somehow, Bradley felt it, "I'M SORRY BUT IT'S TRUE!!"'

Ice just chuckled and put his forehead on Sliders' chest, "am I really losing my touch?" 

"Baby, you are intimidating and respected," Slider kissed his lips, grinning, "just not when you're sick and exhausted." 

"I'm not sick." 

"Your eyes are all glossy, your sniffling, and if I were to do this-" he came up and pressed gently on his sinuses.

"Ehkiew!" Ice sneezed into Slider who moved his hand so he was covering for Ice, "Kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kshiew!" Ice sniffled and glared at Slider.

"You're so cute." 

"Shud up," Ice scrunched his nose and frowned.

"Aw," Slider started kissing along the side of his face, "grumpy baby." 

"ehkshiew!" Ice sneezed a little wetly into his fist, misting Slider's shoulder, "kshiew-kshiew-kshiew-kshiew-kshiew-schew-schew-chew-chew-chew!" 

"Bless you, baby," Slider kissed between his brows, "will you come take a shower with me?"

"I'm not in the mood for-" 

"No sex," Slider pulled him closer, "just a little massage before I get you into bed with a hot cup of tea." 

Mav poked his head back in, "Let us take care of you, please?" 

Ice glanced over, chuckling when Mav pulled his head back away, "Fine." 

Slider kissed his lips, "Good boy." 

Ice shivered a bit before letting Slider walk him towards their bedroom.

"So, is Ice developing a praise kink?" Mav walked after them, "because that would be very hot." That earned Mav a smack across the back of his head from Slider, "I stand by my question." 

Slider rolled his eyes, "How do I love you?" 

"Because you have a brat kink?" 

Slider just looked over at him, gave him a once over, "you really are the textbook definition of a brat." 

"and I wear that badge proudly." 

Ice rolled his eyes fondly, "honey, the whole Navy knows you're a brat." 

"and with that eyebrow," Mav wiggled his, "the whole navy knows who tames me," he winked, living for Ice's wince.

"Oh dear god." 

Mav grabbed his ass, "save it for later, baby." 

Prompt: "I was wondering if you could do one at the beginning of slider/ice/Mav where they’re all still trying to get used to the relationship (like relatively close to the end of the original Top Gun) and they have an argument slider + Ice v. Mav and so I’ve and slider are ignore Mav. Mav then gets sick and then they make up to take care of him? I love your ice stories but I’m a sucker for sick Mav haha"

October 10th prompt: Colds + Breakdown

Red Roses

"Mitchell!" Slider was furious, walking down the hall like he was ready to string him up. What made it worse, was that Ice was nowhere in sight; the only person who could get Slider to stop mid rampage, "I"m going to kill you!" 

Mav, who genuinely had no idea what he did, immediately was on guard, "What!? Why?!" 

Slider reached him and grabbed him by the collar and picked him up, carrying him into the empty room and locking the door, "What the fuck were you thinking?!" 

"When?" 

Slider clenched his jaw, clearly stopping himself from pummeling him, "you sent Charlie roses?"

"oooh." 

"That's it?" Slider clenched his fists, vein popping out of his neck, "we already had this conversation! Do you even remember what happened to Ice when he found out you still had her phone number?!" 

"Yes, but-" 

"But nothing!" Slider put his hands over his face and muffled a frustrated scream, "Fuck! Ice is going to find out and freak out." 

"He's not going to find out-" 

"She's got them in her OFFICE!" 

"Ohhhh, that's not good."

"No fucking shit!" 

"It's really not what you think."

"It doesn't matter what I think," Slider started pacing, "Pete, Ice is in such a fragile place right now, what the fuck made you think you could send red roses to an ex?!" 

"She got stood up!" 

"How is this your problem?!" 

"I wanted her to know that it wasn't her fault-" 

"You tell her that verbally, not send the most romantic flowers! Especially a bouquet!" 

"Well, it's not like I could send one to Ice," Mav jumped when he saw how hard Slider was glaring at him, "ok, wrong thing to point out." 

Slider's eye started to twitch just as there was a knock.

"Slider?" Ice was there, "Ron? Talk to me?"

Slider looked at Mav and strangled the air towards Maverick before opening the door to let Ice in, "hey, handsome." 

"Why is your eye twitching," Ice put his hands on Slider's face and rubbed his thumb against his cheekbones.

"It is?" 

"Yeah," Ice frowned, clearly worried, "What's got you all upset?" Ice started to massage Slider's shoulders.

Slider looked over at Mav, not knowing how to tell him this.

"I fuckced up." 

Ice raised a brow, "i'm going to need more than that, honey." 

Slider kissed both of Ice's hands, "I'm not fully aware of why i'm mad just yet." 

"He hasn't told you the full story," Ice looked at the ceiling and sniffed, "should I take tylenol now?"

"Do you have a headache?" 

"I'm about to have one," Ice pinched the bridge of his nose, "oh-ehkiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew." 

-shit- Mav swallowed thickly, "you're sick." 

"What does that have to do with this?" 

Slider pulled Ice in and kissed his forehead.

"Do you wanna sit down?" 

"It's a cold, not the plague," Ice leaned into Slider, glad for the extra warmth, "What did you do?" 

"Don't get mad, because it's not what you think." 

"Did someone get hurt?" 

Mav's eyes widened, "no no no no!" 

"ok," Ice sniffed and scrunched his nose up, "then what?" 

"So, they were stood up for their date-" 

Ice raised a brow, "who?" 

"not yet," Mav put his hands up, "I just didn't want them to think they did something wrong or beat themselves up about it, so I.. kinda.. took them out.. to be a good friend-" 

Slider sighed, "Pete.." 

Ice visibly dropped all emotion, looking empty.

"No no," Mav pointed at Ice's face, "stop that. I didn't go on a date. They 100% know i'm taken, even 200% know. We just had dinner.. and we talked about her feelings, and how much of an ass this guy was for not showing up, and I-" 

Ice thought he was going to be ok, but then Mav paused, "Then.. you what?" 

"I sent her roses so she felt special," Mav shrugged, "red roses, andnowshe'stellingeveryonethey'refromme." 

Ice needed a minute to understand what Mav just said really quickly, "and now everyone knows you went on a date with a woman, and gave her roses?" 

"Red ones," Mav looked nervous, "and it's Charlie." 

Ice looked like he'd been slapped in the face and looked like he was about to throw up.

"I swear it wasn't a real date, and no one believes that it was anything other than that!" 

Ice started to feel like the walls were closing in and even Slider touching him freaked him out. He pulled away from Slider and put his sleeves down, "ok.." 

"Tom?" Slider looked concerned, reaching out for him only to watch Ice recoil.

"Can't," Ice shook his head, "Can't deal with touch right now." 

"Ok," Slider nodded, putting his hand down.

"Ice," Mav watched him closely, "I swear, I didn't cheat. The rumor mill is just... making shit up." 

"So now the entire base thinks your having sex with Charlie." 

"Well," Mav paused then nodded slowly.

Ice really felt sick and opened the door, throwing it open before walking away.

"ICE!" Mav ran out of the door, but when Ice flipped him the bird, he just stopped.

Slider came out of the room and patted Mav's shoulder condescendingly, "you really did it this time." 

"I knooow," Mav put his hands over his face, "I'm so sorry."

"Sure you are," Slider nudged past him, running after Ice. 

Slider finally found Ice inside his car, head on the steering wheel, crying. Slider got in the passenger side and just sat there with him until he calmed down.

---------------------------

Two days had passed and Ice's cold was finally subsiding. They hadn't spoken to Mav, Ice still not sure if he wanted to break up with him over this. Slider was for giving him another chance, but Ice was still to freaked out and hurt to make a proper decision. Ice still couldn't deal with being touched, even flinching when Viper put a hand on his shoulder, making the older man worry.

"He just got some bad news back home" Slider covered it up when Ice left, "He's fine, just can't stand being touched right now." 

"Does he need anything?" Viper frowned, "days off? help?" 

"No," Slider smiled with his pressed lips tight, "just a little bit of space."

Viper never mentioned it again, having seen that Ice's work was still stellar as always.

Charlie made matters worse when she took the flowers home with her when she heard the rumor mill. Of course, she was trying to right it and say that it wasn't true, that it was just a kind gesture; assuming it got Mav in trouble with his girlfriend. The base didn't know that Mav was with Slider and Ice just yet. 

Ice had gone back to the habitat of barely eating anything; especially the 'deserts' that came with their military meals. He would always toss it to whoever asked, barely nibbling on the rest. Slider had tried to get him to eat breakfast that morning, and thought it was a win when Ice ate an orange. 

"Ice," Slider whispered to him, "you gotta eat." 

Ice just got up and left the mess hall, throwing his food away.

Mav had seen all of this from a few tables down, knowing something was up with how Slider looked so worried. He tried to go up to Ice, but he just went the opposite direction, not even looking at him. Eventually, he caught Slider, grabbing him by the wrist, to try to keep him from running away too.

"Ice isn't eating." 

"No shit," Slider tugged his hand away, "don't grab me. I'm still pissed at you." 

"I caused this." 

"Two for two." 

"Has he done this before?"

Slider took a deep breathe, answering Mav's question, "i'm handling it." 

"That's a yes, then," Mav looked worried, "what can I do?" 

Slider just shook his head and walked away.

--------------------

A full week went by without a word from Ice or Slider and it was really hitting Mav. He got into his car, holding Goose's tags, hoping that somehow Goose could still hear him.

"I think I just got broken up with, Goose," He coughed a bit, "fuck." 

He could hear Goose yelling at him to go grab some medicine and hit the hay, but he ignored it and went to the beach. Mav liked the beach just fine, but Ice liked it more. A part of him hoped he would see Ice going for an evening run on the sand with Slider, but he didn't. Instead, Mav just sat in the sand, wiping his runny nose on his sleeve, not caring how others looked at him. He just really wanted them back.

-------------------------

He woke up in his bed with a stuffy nose, barely able to breathe through it, and wanting nothing more than to call Ice for help. Ice made the best soup in the world. He would bet his pilot's license on it. But he couldn't call him, not after what he did. Instead, he texted Slider: 

"Is Ice eating?" 

He was left on read; which wasn't unexpected, except when his phone dinged a few minutes later.

"Sorta." 

Mav grabbed his phone so fast, surprised Slider answered, even though it was a little late; clearly having debated on whether to talk to him.

"What does that mean?" 

*ding*. "It means Sorta." 

"I'm seriously, Sli. Is Ice eating?" 

*ding* "Don't call me that." 

"SLIDER!" 

*ding* "he ate some carrots last night, now he's pushing around his eggs like they'll eventually disappear into the plate." 

"Did you cook them?" 

*read* 

"Wait no come back. I'm sorry. You're a great cook!" 

*ding* "I'm a shit cook.  Ice almost saw I was texting you." 

"I wanna apologize to him." 

*ding*  "With a slang term? Yeah, he'd love that."

"Sarcasm?" 

*ding* "obviously." 

"I am so very sorry." 

*ding* "not to me, moron." 

"you deserve an apology too." 

*ding* "I don't think Ice understands why?" 

"Why I did it?" 

*ding* "No, why the sky is blue. Why are you extra dense today?" 

"Sick." 

*ding* "Cry me a river." 

"Is Ice still sick?" 

*ding* "What part of 'sorta eating' makes you think he's healthy?" 

"stupid question. My b. But does he still have that cold?" 

*ding* "no, but he's super sensitive." 

"Your favorite part." 

*ding* "I will block you." 

"Nooooooo!" 

*ding* "Ice is getting suspicious." 

"of our secret affair?" 

*ding* "Pete, don't make me regret giving you a chance." 

"thank you thank you thank you thank oyu thankyou thansktn you" 

*ding* "What the fuck did you just write? Jesus, check your spelling." 

"i'm just so excited!"

*ding* "you're so annoying." 

"You like it!" 

*ding* "I tolerate it." 

" < 3" 

*ding* "in my mind, i'm flipping you off." 

"That's your way of showing affection." 

*ding* "I'd never flip Ice off." 

"No one flips Ice off. That's like.. treason." 

*ding* "at least we agree on something." 

"we also agree that Ice has a great ass." 

*ding* "the best." 

Ice looked over at Slider, who was smiling at his phone, "good news?" 

Slider looked up, slightly startled, "oh, um, wolf just said you have a great ass." 

Ice just rolled his eyes and smirked, "tell him to save the flattery for Viper." 

"Viper does have a great ass." 

Ice threw a pillow at him, from the couch.

"But yours is the best," Slider came over and tackled him, "the best in the world," he started kissing him, "god, I love you so much." 

Ice frowned and stopped Slider, "why are you flattering me?" 

"Don't I always smother you with kisses and tell you how great your butt is?" 

"yes," Ice sat up, forcing Slider to do the same, "but you're trying to get me in a good mood." 

"I always want you in a good mood." 

*ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding*

"wolf never spam texts you." 

Slider looked a bit sheepish, "soo.. Maybe it wasn't wolf-"

"you're texting Pete?!" 

"Babe," Slider pulled Ice in and held his face in his hands, "I know you're upset with him, but I want to give him a second chance." 

"We're on chance one-hundred," Ice took a breathe, wincing as another ding went off, "fine, I'm letting my past trauma make me overreact." 

"you're not over-reacting," Slider kissed his forehead, "but you are torturing yourself." 

"I'm not-" 

"You barely touched your eggs." 

"I'm just not hungry." 

"I know," Slider put his forehead on top of Ice's, "you say that, but you're tired a lot and haven't run in a week. You love running. You just have no energy." 

Ice closed his eyes, ashamed, "God, I'm not even mad at Mav anymore." 

"I know," Slider pulled Ice close and hugged him, "I know." 

*ding* 

"I am mad at your phone though." 

Slider just laughed and held him tighter.

------------------------------

It took them a few hours to get all the stuff they needed for Ice to make soup at Mav's place, before getting in the car and heading over.

"Are you sure?" 

Ice nodded, "yeah, he's sick. God knows he can't take care of himself," he swallowed thickly, "besides, I need to apologize." 

"You have nothing to apologize for," Slider squeezed his thigh, "you're sick too." 

Ice nodded and got out of the car, waiting for Slider to join him before knocking on the door.

Mav heard the knock and reluctantly got off the couch, coughing as he did so, and answered the door, mouth hanging open in shock, "Ice?" 

"Hi," Ice looked above Mav's head, clearly still uncomfortable, "go lay down on the couch, i'm making you soup." 

Mav could have cried right then and there, but he didn't, just stepping aside and letting them come in, "does this mean we aren't broken up?" 

Ice stopped just shy of the kitchen, staring at his feet, "I... ask me later." 

Slider gave Mav a thumbs up, before following Ice the kitchen.

Mav grinned and jumped back onto the couch, wrapping himself in blankets and tried to look as pathetic as possible, "can you make me tea too?" 

"aaand he's already whiney," Slider sighed and started on the tea, "you know he's doing this for your attention, right?" 

Ice nodded, "just.. don't think I can do all that just yet." 

"I know," Slider kissed his cheek, "that's why i'm here." 

"AGH!" 

Ice jumped, forgetting how loud Mav's sneezes were, "Jesus Christ." 

"Sorry!" Mav started coughing.

Ice took a breathe and started chopping things for the soup, "go entertain the sickie. I've got this." 

"ok," Slider gave him another kiss before walking towards the couch. 

--------------------------------

Ice had finished the soup and walked a bowl over to Mav, who looked very pathetic, "you have a cold, Mav." 

"I'm dying, Ice," Mav pouted, taking the soup and holding it close to his chest, "this is the only thing that can cure me." 

"Then eat up," Ice fixed the blanket around Mav, "we got some medicine you need to take afterwards." 

"Why not before?" Mav scrunched his nose up, "I don't want that gross taste on my tongue." 

"Medicine on an empty stomach is going to upset it," Ice walked away and grabbed the medicine, "take it." 

"Okay," Mav frowned and continued with his soup, but couldn't help but smile, "you really are amazing." 

Ice blushed and ran his fingers through his hair, "just eat your soup." 

"I can compliment you and eat," Mav smiled as he finished off the soup, "I feel ten time better." 

Ice smiled slightly before handing him the meds, "take your medicine." 

"Ugh," Mav took it from him and stared at it, "do I get a treat after?" 

Ice raised a brow.

"ok, too soon," Mav downed the medicine and winced, "ugh." 

"It's not that bad," Ice took the cup back and went to go clean it out, "do you want more soup?" 

"Yes please," Mav handed Slider the bowl to go bring to Ice. Honestly, he didn't really feel that bad at all. Before they got there, he was just watching a movie. He had a light cough, but nothing to worry about. He was just whining and playing it up for Ice, "I'm really cold, Ice." 

"Good thing the soup is hot, then," Ice came back with the bowl and handed it to him, putting a hand on his forehead, "you don't have a fever." 

"Are you sure?" Mav fake shivered, "I'm really cold." 

"hm," Ice got up and grabbed another blanket, placing it over Mav's legs, "If you're still too cold, we can try a hot shower before we put you to bed." 

Mav leaned back against the couch, "I don't think I can stand for that long alone." 

Slider rolled his eyes.

Ice gave him a look, "then a bath." 

"Pleeeease." 

Ice folded, "we shall see," Ice turned to go back to the kitchen, wanting to clean up, when the room suddenly spun and he quickly grabbed the back of the couch.

"Ice?!" Mav put the bowl on the table, hopping out of the couch, over the back, so he could grab his arm.

Ice saw and shook his head, "thought you were too sick to stand." 

"I admit I exaggerated to get you naked," Mav took his arm, "are you dizzy?" 

"No, i'm fine," he got Mav to let go of him, "just slipped." 

"Baby," Slider came closer, "you need to eat." 

"Yea-" Mav turned away to couch, mentally cursing the timing.

"I'm fine," Ice rubbed his face, "The kitchen's a mess-" he took another step, only for his knees to go weak and Slider had to catch him before he'd hit the ground.

"Fine, my ass," Mav helped him back up, putting an arm over his shoulder, "no, you're sitting down and eating some soup." 

"Soup is for you-" 

"Well then i'm sharing it," Mav helped Slider get Ice to a chair, "you're scaring me, here." 

"If you don't eat," Slider took Ice's face in his hands, "I'll take you to the hospital, again. You know what they're going to do." 

Ice looked a little scared and nodded, "ok.. ok." 

Mav held Ice against him, kissing the top of his head, "Ice," he kissed him again, "Ice, baby, What is this 'again' business?" 

Ice just shook his head and buried his face in Mav's shirt.

"Ok," Mav just held him there, "God, i'm so sorry. I need you, Ice. I never ever want to lose you. I"m so sorry i'm an idiot who makes stupid mistakes all the time. I'm sorry i've driven you to this. I am so very very sorry."

"I forgave you days ago," Ice mumbled, "just.. didn't feel well." 

Slider stopped in his tracks, "what was that, babe?" 

"hm?" Ice opened his eyes and frowned. "what?" 

Slider was still in shock that Ice admitted that, "nothing. Just eat some of this and then we can all take a nap in Mav's bed. ok?" 

Ice nodded, taking the soup and taking small bites, ignoring the part of his brain that screamed at him to stop it.

Mav looked at Slider confused as to his expression, so he mouthed -what?- 

Slider mouthed back - he has never admitted to being sick.- 

Mav looked confused, - why? -

Slider made a face that said there was a LOT to explain, -so much- 

Mav's face fell and he just stood there, staring at Ice.

Slider came closer and took Ice's free hand, "you're doing great, baby." 

Ice stopped half way from finishing, "I can't eat anymore." 

"That's ok," Slider kissed his hand, "that is perfect." He helped Ice up, putting an arm around his waist to keep him steady, "come on, I think Mav has some apology cuddling to do." 

Mav picked him up from the other side, "Yup. I might just need to apologize all night." 

Slider rolled his eyes, "just go turn down the bed." 

"Don't you need help-?" 

"If I ever need help carrying Ice, just shoot me." 

Ice whined and leaned into Slider, "no." 

"I'm kidding, baby," He scooped Ice up bridal style, "but you are adorable when you whine." 

"don't die." 

Slider kissed his lips, "don't plan on it." He walked Ice into the bedroom and laid him down, stifling a laugh when Mav swooped in and held him close the second he could, "leave some room for me." 

"it's a big bed, I think bigfoot could find space," Mav joked.

"I am bigfoot," Slider crawled in and held Ice from behind, "you're still in the dog house." 

"I know," Mav kissed Ice's forehead, "and I plan to make it up to both of you for the rest of my life." 

Slider hummed agreeably, "plan on it."

Edited by RemedyBane

Two updates back to back like this whatever do we owe the pleasure? They were absolutely brilliant as always. I loved seeing the beginnings of Ice/Mav/Slider’s relationship and the struggles that they went through when first getting together. It was so well written and was super engaging. I’m always a sucker for sick Ice as well so I love anyone so much when he’s sneezing. Loved them as always and can’t wait for more!

On 10/11/2022 at 4:05 PM, Wolfwings22 said:

Two updates back to back like this whatever do we owe the pleasure? They were absolutely brilliant as always. I loved seeing the beginnings of Ice/Mav/Slider’s relationship and the struggles that they went through when first getting together. It was so well written and was super engaging. I’m always a sucker for sick Ice as well so I love anyone so much when he’s sneezing. Loved them as always and can’t wait for more!

You deserve all the pleasure in the world, my dear XOOX

On 10/11/2022 at 6:14 PM, Mygyn said:

Awwwwwww! These updates were amazing! I love that Slider factually caved first and forgave Mav 🥰 

Slider is a big softie at heart! Thank you! XOXOXOXO

Prompt: "What about a chapter where Rooster is getting sick but as usual hides it until he's getting bad. But it's s coming up to the anniversary of Goose's death so Mav is not really noticing much, until he hears Rooster one night struggling to breath, or he passes out and then Mav is super guilty"

October 7ths prompts: Comfort Item + Windy

The Grieving Process

The wind was howling outside, making the eery and dreary day only more so. Mav was staring at the wall by the fireplace, cup of coffee in his hand, long forgotten and now cold, yet he couldn't put it down. All he could do was stare and listen to the wind. It reminded him of the jet stream and spiral that lost him his best friend. It wasn't helping that in a few days, it would be the anniversary of his death.

God, he hated calling it that; "anniversary". That's suppose to be for good things, like when he flew his first jet, when he became captain, Bradley's birthday, or his anniversary with Slider and Ice. While neither of them were sticklers for it, Ice always getting a little shy from all the attention, Mav still liked to do something. How can a word that's associated with such wonderful things, be bad? 

"Mav?" Ice was standing by the couch, worry on his face, "Honey?" 

Mav snapped out of it, Ice's voice cutting through the wind, "huh?" 

"I have to go for the weekend," Ice bit the inside of his cheek, "do you remember?" 

Mav immediately got up, finally putting the coffee down, and walked over to hug his boyfriend, "of course I remembered. Slider and I have it all covered." 

"Honey," Ice pulled away and held his face in his hands, "Slider is coming with me. It's just you and Bradley." 

Mav totally forgot, "right, you told me this." 

Ice looked into his eyes and sighed, "I should call in sick." 

"No," Mav took Ice's hands, "It's been 30 years, babe. I can handle it." 

Ice wanted to argue, but he knew from experience it would get him nothing but a sore throat, "Fine. Call me or Ron if you need anything." 

"You're going to be busy with the UN," Mav rolled his eyes, "Bradley and I will be just fine. I promise."

Slider rounded the corner with two go-bags and a med kit, "Tom, we gotta go." 

"Go," Mav kissed Ice before ushering him towards the door, "Bradley and I will text you everyday. It's only the weekend." 

Slider kissed Mav's temple before following Ice out of the door.

"Did you bring your meds?" Mav totally glanced over the med bag without thinking.

Slider held it up and shook it, "got it covered, Pete." 

"Ok," Mav nodded slowly, "just checking." 

"Take it easy," Slider unlocked the car and put the bags in the trunk, "Bradley said he's going to be home soon."

"i'm not the one recovering from cancer," Mav leaned against the door frame and sighed.

Ice sighed and put his hands in his pocket, "call me. Both of you." 

"Is that an order?" Mav winked at him, smile tugging at his lips.

"Yes," Ice gave him a look before getting in the car.

Mav watched as Ice and Slider pulled out of the driveway.

Slider waited until the were out of view before turning to Ice, "You as worried as I am?" 

Ice took a deep breathe, "I don't want to leave them."

"Bradley said he's ok with this." 

"What have you told be about 'ok' and 'fine'?" 

Slider groaned, "point taken." 

Ice paused before looked behind him, silently wishing to see Mav running down the road to ask them to stay, "They'll be ok." 

"Better than ok," Slider squeezed Ice's thigh, "they're going to be good." 

Tension easing a little in Ice's shoulders, he tried to lighten the mood, 'When is Mav ever good?" 

Slider smiled, "in bed." 

-----------------

They were good for the first two days, that Friday and Saturday, but come sunday, the anniversary, Ice and Slider hadn't heard a word; nor text. Mav was so distracted by his own grief, he was missing the cup when he went to pour his coffee and it too the scalding pain of hot coffee splashing on his hand to wake him up.

"Ah!" Mav jumped back and quickly went to clean it up, "shit." 

"Are you ok?" Rooster came out into the kitchen, favorite blanket wrapped around his shoulders, crumpled up tissues in his hand.

Roo had been fighting a cold for the last couple of days and today it was hitting hard. Usually, he would tell Mav that he wasn't feeling well, so he could just rest without worrying his family; but today was different. He had long since made peace with his father's passing, but Mav very clearly had not. He'd noticed how Mav was shaky and distant all weekend, even walking into rooms and not remembering why he was there.

"Bav?" Roo tried again, clearing his throat to loosen the congestion.

"uhm," Mav shook his head and stood back up, "yeah, kid. I'm fine." 

"dot allowed do use dhad word," Roo sniffed and pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling a headache come on, "Sli-"

"he hates it," Mav nodded, "Yeah, I know. I'm sorry." 

"I'ds ok," Bradley shivered, fever starting to take hold, "Led be bake your coffee." 

Mav just nodded and walked into the living room and laid down on the couch, resuming his latest activity; ceiling watching.

Roo was about to grab a new mug but had to duck into the blanket, "Hudsch' udschiew!" He groaned as the congestion in his head made his sinuses pound, but instead of giving in, he made Mav the coffee and walked it over to him.

Mav sat up, taking the cup, "Thanks." 

"do probleb," Rooster grabbed a frew blanket and wrapped it around Mav's shoulders, before turning on one of Goose's favorite movies: Saturday Night Fever.

Mav smiled at the tv, "Carole hated this movie." 

"Id's cheesy," Rooster sniffled, really wanting to go lay down and blow his nose until he passed out, "are you ok, here?" 

"i'm fine, Goose," Mav put the coffee down on the table, laying back down and closing his eyes; unaware of what he just said.

"I-" He wanted to tell him that he wasn't Goose, but Mav was already fast asleep. Instead, Rooster went back to his room and did just as he liked; only to find no relief. 

Hours went by without a word from either of them, both sound asleep in their own areas; both soothed by the sound of the movie. Mav was the first to wake up, suddenly realizing where he was, and how Goose wasn't with him like he was in the dream, and silently cried into the pillow. He knew he should go check on Bradley, hearing Goose's voice in his head about his kid, but he just couldn't calm down. 

Eventually, he did calm down and relaxed, listening to the white noise around him, only to realize he heard some pretty awful coughing.

"Roo?" Mav got off the couch, wiped his eyes, and walked towards the sound. He eventually found Bradley in his room, hunched over and clearly trying to rid of his lungs of whatever gunk was stuck, "Shit." 

Rooster gave one last hack before he could breathe on his own again, slowly standing back up with his hands on the wall, "Did you.. need something?" 

Mav frowned at how shot his voice was, "aw, Bradley," Mav came closer and put a hand on his forehead, "you're burning up!" 

"'s fine-" 

"Which means you feel like shit," Mav felt his glands and found them swollen, "Why didn't you say something." 

Rooster almost laughed, if he had the energy, "you were.. out of it." 

Mav closed his eyes, ashamed of himself, "Bradley, I'm so sorry." 

"It's ok," Roo put a hand on Mav's shoulder, "can you.. stop moving?" 

"Kid, I'm not moving," Mav went to steady him just as Rooster's eyes rolled back into his head and he went limp.

Thankfully, Mav was there and ready to catch him, holding him against his chest as he picked up his legs and carried him over to the bed, "I'm so sorry. Goose, talk to me." 

All of a sudden his phone rang, with the signature ring for Iceman. It was then that he remembered he hadn't talked to Ice all day and it was past sundown.

"I am in so much trouble," he tucked Rooster into bed, before grabbing his phone, and running to find an Ice pack, "Hello, Handsome." 

"Aw," Slider was surprisingly on the other end, "why don't you great me this way when I call?" 

"Because Ice is Ice," Mav grabbed the pack and ran back over.

"Why are you running?" 

"Why are you on Ice's phone," Mav countered as he placed the packs on Rooster's forehead, neck, and feet.

"He's lost his voice and my phone is dead," Slider said like it was the most obvious thing in the world, "hows everything at home?" 

"It's fi-" he stopped himself before he could get chastised for using the bad word, "Roo is asleep, and he's sick." 

"Ah, no," there was mumbling on the line, Slider telling Ice, "We're gonna drive back tonight." 

"No, Ron," Mav frowned, "It's far too late and if Ice lost his voice, he needs to take it easy."

"But Bradley-"

"Is going to be just fine," Mav really wanted to tell them how he dropped the ball but he wasn't going to risk them getting into a car crash because they're too tired, "Please, take it easy tonight, and come back tomorrow in one piece." 

"hmm?" Bradley opened his eyes, tossing off the ice packs, "what the fuck, Mav?" 

"You have a fever," Mav put the phone down and put them back on his head, "you gotta keep them on, ok? You're too hot." 

"He has a fever?" Slider could barely be heard.

Mav picked the phone back up, "he's fine." 

"That's it," Slider started moving things, "we're coming home." 

Bradley heard that and took the phone, "Pops?"

"Nah, kid," Slider sounded so soft, clearly worried, "just me." 

"Never just," Bradley smiled a little, "it's too late for you to drive." 

"You're sick. It's never to late for that." 

"Yes it is," Bradley shivered and cleared his throat, "just gonna sleep this off and see you tomorrow. how's Pops?" 

"He sounds better than you do," Slider lied, "tell me what's wrong." 

"I'm 35-" 

"I don't care if you were 50. You're still our kid." 

Bradley didn't know what to say to that, just looked touched and stared at the blanket.

Mav took the phone after kissing Rooster's forehead, "Babe, I've got Roo. Take care of Ice and come home safely." 

"Ironic coming from you," Slider sighed, "fine. But if his temperature gets to 103, you better call me."

Mav mentally cursed, totally forgetting to take his temperature, "I will let you know if it gets that bad." 

"There's medicine in the cabinet-"

"I know where it is," Mav made a face, "Ron, we'll be fine. Stop fussing." 

"It's not me, Ice is giving me the look." 

"That makes more sense," he smiled, "I'm gonna hang up, so go get Ice to bed."

"Fine," Ron sighed, "I love you both." 

"We love you too," Mav hung up and put the phone down, "Bradley-" 

"Don't,"  Bradley took Mav's hand, "You're still grieving. I get that. It's just a cold." 

"Pretty sure it's the flu," Mav put his hand back on Roo's forehead, "pretty nasty one too." 

"What's wrong with Ice? Why does he need to rest?" 

Mav was taken aback by the abrupt change in topic, but answered anyway, "Just a lot of talking. He lost his voice." He saw the fear in Bradley's eyes and squeezed his hands, "It's not what you're thinking. It's just overused. He's going to be fine with a few days of vocal rest and more tea than he can handle." 

That seemed to appease Bradley for now, "can I go back to sleep?" 

"After some medicine," Mav tucked him back in properly, "and we have to check that temperature." 

Rooster nodded as Mav stood up, "After, can you stay?" 

Mav huffed a small laugh, "Yeah, Roo. I'll stay." 

This was so heartbreaking and thought provoking and I’m living for it! Sick Rooster and grieving Mav is just so sad but in the best way! I can’t even put into words how sweet it was for Mav to take care of Rooster at the end and for Rooster to also take care of Mav as Goose’s death is still with him. Also, Maverick calling Rooster Goose when he was grieving it just was so so saddening but in the best way! 

On 10/13/2022 at 7:52 AM, Mygyn said:

😭 that was a beautiful chapter 

Thank you! You're so sweet! XOXO

On 10/13/2022 at 3:04 PM, Wolfwings22 said:

This was so heartbreaking and thought provoking and I’m living for it! Sick Rooster and grieving Mav is just so sad but in the best way! I can’t even put into words how sweet it was for Mav to take care of Rooster at the end and for Rooster to also take care of Mav as Goose’s death is still with him. Also, Maverick calling Rooster Goose when he was grieving it just was so so saddening but in the best way! 

I'm sorry I broke your heart! It was a request, and I must abide by my requests! XOXOXO

October 8th prompts: Cozy + Afraid to ask for help

The Grieving Process Part 2

Slider and Ice left first thing in the morning, still exhausted from the event, but far more worried about Bradley and Mav to care much. Anxiety ate away any residual tiredness, and they both arrived home safely. Neither of them slept well last night and bags formed under their eyes. Stifling a yawn, Slider opened the front door and turned off the alarm, taking that as a sign that Mav and Roo were still fast asleep; good. 

They silently came in, locked the door, and headed to their bedroom to put their stuff away. When they got to the bedroom, they were surprised to see that they bed was empty. Confused, they both headed to Bradley's room, slowly opening the door, only a crack, and peered into to see Mav fast asleep on the other side of the bed, right next to Bradley. All of the anxiety they felt driving over vanished and they relaxed a bit; smiling at how cozy they both looked. There was an extra quilt on the bed, keeping them both extra warm, even as the temperature dropped outside. Cold and Flu Medicine was left on the nightstand, along with a glass of water, and something shiny that caught the light through the door. Ice put on his glasses and frowned, seeing a pair of dog tags. Rooster and Mav never took theirs off, not even to shower, so it was a good bet that this was Goose's. 

Ice's heart dropped and his throat felt tight as emotion filled his lungs. He wanted to comfort them, but sleep was doing that for him. 

Slider, always in tune with Ice's emotions, silently wrapped an arm around him and kissed his head. People always assumed Ice was this unfeeling, frozen, bastard, but they all new different. He was just never allowed to show it growing up. Instead, he showed his emotions with actions and words of wisdom. Until their time at Top Gun, Slider was the only one who could read Ice.

Ice slowly closed the door, looking at Slider before signing, -I'm ok.-

"You're always ok," Slider took Ice's hand and kissed them, frowning at how cold they were, "don't pretend to be doing well when you're grieving too. We all are." 

Ice gestured to the door with his head, making Slider frown.

"I know," he sighed, "No one is hurting more than them, but you're feelings are valid too." 

Ice shook his head and pulled Slider away from the door, not wanting to wake them up.Then he took his hands back, -I refuse to put myself over them. Not now, not ever.-

"Yeah," Slider hugged him, "baby, no one's saying to make it about you. Just don't be afraid to be a little sad too." 

Ice had no intention of doing so, having let Goose go a long time ago, but it still stung. All of the people who had died in his life always hurt. Instead of picking a fight with Slider, he let go and signed, -I'm going to make them soup.-

"They'd like that," Slider kissed his forehead, "I'll help you." 

--------------------------

The boys woke up, probably to the smell of food, and came out of the bedroom; Rooster wearing a blanket around his shoulders.

"You're hobe early," Rooster sat down on a stool by the kitchen and looked out of it.

Slider came over and put a hand on Rooster's forehead, "you've got quite the fever there, kiddo." 

"So Bav keeps sayigg," Rooster sniffed and rubbed his face, "how was dhe beeding?" 

"The meeting?" Slider tried not to laugh, "Ice gives one hell of a speech." 

"Speaking of speaking," Mav walked into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around Ice's waist from behind, "how's the voice?" 

Ice took off his glasses, wanting a moment to collect himself before he had to admit he couldn't speak still, wiping the steamed up lenses on his shirt before putting them back on and continuing to stir the soup with one hand ,while the other touched his throat before shaking his head.

"Aw, honey," Mav kissed the back of his neck before going to make him tea, "does it hurt?" 

Ice shook his head.

"Yes it does," Slider raised a brow, "don't listen to him." 

"I figured," Mav pouted, "He's swallowing more than usual." 

Ice blushed and looked away, jaw clenching.

"So," Rooster saw how uncomfortable Ice was and changed the topic, "Whad's dhe soup?" 

Slider answered for Ice, "Chicken noodle, for our chicken." 

"har har," Rooster actually never got tired of that joke but he had to pretend it was lame to protect his image, "Dhangks for baking id." 

"you're welcome," Slider answered for Ice again, going over and kissing Ice all over, "for the record, I did nothing. I just don't want Ice to speak."

"We kdow," Rooster chuckled a bit before coughing into his elbow.

"Did you take your medicine?" Slider looked over at Mav, accusatory.

"I'll go grab it," Mav didn't like the look and hurried to grab it from the nightstand.

"He dook care of be, dad," Rooster put his head on the countertop, moaning as the cold marble touched his flaming skin.

It was rare for Rooster to call Slider anything other than Sli or Slider, but when he called him dad, it almost always took him off guard and made him melt. He would never admit to being a dad. If anything, he'd call Rooster his nephew if people asked, never wanting to take that title away from Goose or Mav. But he still treasured it every time.

Rooster opened one eye, "Why are you sdaring ad be like thad?" 

Slider cleared his throat and went to finish Ice's tea, that Mav abandoned, "no reason."

Ice looked back at him, giving him the softest look he could manage and Slider gave him one back that said if he kept it up, he was going to eat him right then and there. That just made Ice chuckle, which made him turn and cough into his arm.

The cough concerned all of them, Rooster even sitting up like a meerkat hearing a predator, "Pops?" 

Ice waved Rooster down, calming down quickly and rubbing his throat, then signing, -i'm fine.-

Mav came back in with meds and saw the gesture, "what happened?" 

"Pops sdarted coughing," Rooster looked at Mav, clearly worried.

"He lost his voice, it happens," Mav handed Rooster the medicine and rubbed his back, "did he try to talk." 

"I made him laugh," Slider was rubbing Ice's back, trying to calm him down.

"I think we're all a little high strung today," Mav bit the inside of his cheek, "It's not exactly a happy occasion. Let's just all take it easy and have a rest day."

"and Mental Health Day," Slider looked from Maverick to Ice before hugging Ice from behind again, whispering, "it's ok to not be ok," and kissing his cheek.

Ice just shrugged him off gently before grabbing bowls and ladelling soup for Rooster and Mav.

"You're not eating?" Mav raised a brow, counting plates.

Ice gave him a raised brow look, before signing, -we ate before you woke up.- 

That made Mav feel better and signed back, making sure he was behind Bradley's view, -you know why i'm asking.-

Ice looked a bit taken aback, making Rooster suspicious.

"What jusd happened?"

"Nothing," Mav squeezed Bradley's shoulder before taking a bowl and giving it to Bradley.

"Do we-"

"Hot sauce" Mav put it on the table, "You're just like your dad." 

"Good," Bradley put a lot of hot sauce in his soup before stirring it up.

----------------------

Eventually, Bradley tired himself out and went back to bed after eating and helping clean the kitchen. Now that it was just the three of them, Mav started to loose the facade.

"Mav," Slider took his hand and pulled him in, "come here." 

Mav just nodded and wrapped his arms around Slider, silently crying into his shirt.

"I know you miss him," Slider rubbed his back and kissed the top of his head, "we miss him too." 

Mav squeezed tight enough that Slider almost winced audibly, "I can't let him go." 

"I know," Slider wasn't the one for words. He didn't know how to make him feel better. Instead, he was a hugger. He'd let you cry into him for hours and never move. The words were Ice's department, and of course Ice couldn't speak.

Ice just sipped his tea and ran his fingers through Mav's hair. He'd said all he needed to many years ago. The only way Mav could move on was when he was willing to do so.

"Ice?"

Ice kissed his head letting him know he was listening.

"This is going to sound stupid," Mav let go of Slider and looked at Ice, "I can't stop thinking about you when I think of Goose. When I think of how he died, I keep seeing you in that hospital.. the chemo.. the blood..." Tears were coming back to his eyes and Ice moved to wipe them away.

Ice signed, -death is death-

"I don't get it." 

-You feared for my death when I was sick. Now, on a day that reminds you of an older death, newer fears also come to the surface. You didn't let it go.-

"Let it go that you could have died?" 

-i'm not dead.-

"I know," Mav took a breathe, "you're definitely still alive." 

-i'm not going anywhere for a long time.-

"ok," Mav came closer and hugged Ice, "I love you so much." 

Ice kissed his cheek before hugging him again, silently saying he loved him too.

----------------------------------------------

Ice was now in their master bedroom, shining a light down his throat. He was worried that he would look and see blood or some kind of infection; like he'd seen when he had the cancer. Everytime he got a sore throat or a cold, he always checked. The doctors said it could come back, however slim the chance, and he was constantly afraid too. The anxiety and fear made his head hurt and he just wanted to lay down with a bunch of tylenol in his system.

"Hey," Slider came in, frowning as Ice put the light down, "it's not cancer." 

Ice shrugged and put the flashlight in a drawer.

"Honey," Slider came over and kissed his lips, "You're just healing slower than you thought. It's ok to be scared, just don't hide it from us."

-i don't want to worry anyone.-

"Honey, Baby, Love of my life," Slider took Ice's hands in his face, "It's our job to worry about you."

Ice just shook his head and put his forehead against Slider's chest.

"Ok," Slider rubbed his back, "one tap if you want to go watch a movie with Mav. Two taps if you want to take a nap. Three taps if you don't want to move yet."

Ice didn't make a decision for a minute, but eventually tapped twice.

Slider was relieved, "bed it is." 

Mav came in, "why am I left out of this group hug?" 

They both started and looked to find Mav leaning against the bathroom doorway.

"Everything ok?" Mav saw the look in Ice's eyes and came closer, "you don't feel well at all, do you?" 

Ice took a deep breathe and looked up to the ceiling, refusing to answer.

"What's going on?" Mav put a hand on Ice's forehead, checking for fever, "you're not warm. Are you in pain?" 

Ice turned his head away, nodding weakly.

"Bad enough that you're dizzy?" 

Ice shook his head.

"But getting there?" When Ice didn't respond, he took his hand and pulled lightly, hoping to make him turn back towards him, "Ice, you can ask for help." 

Ice hesitantly took his hand back to sign -i'm afraid.-

"to ask for help?" Mav's heart broke, "honey, we've talked about this. We want to help you." 

-I don't know what I need.-

Slider wanted to cy, scream, and punch a wall. Even after 30 years, Ice still had all this fear and anxiety about asking for help, "how about we start with that nap and your meds."

"Did you skip them this morning?" Mav looked worried.

"We were a bit... preoccupied."

Mav sighed and hugged Ice, "No wonder you're in so much pain."

"I'll grab them," Slider left immediately, frowning at how stupid he was to forget to make sure Ice took them.

"Come on," Mav helped Ice to bed, even though Ice probably didn't need it if today was any indicator, "let me and Sli take care of Roo. You need to rest." 

If Ice wasn't so damn tired, he would have argued, but his eyes immediately began to close and he fell asleep before Slider got back with the meds.

-----------------------------------------

Rooster woke up, feeling a little better, and walked into the living room, sitting down on the couch with Mav and Slider.

"Whad are you wadching?" 

"No idea," Mav shrugged, "It was just on tv. I don't think either of us are really paying attention." 

Slider woke up and cleared his throat, "how are you feeling?" 

"Still sick," Roo leaned back, "bud ok."

"You sound better," Mav rubbed his back.

"Where's Ice?" 

"He took a nap," Mav looked over to Slider, not sure if he could tell Roo.

"He's just having a hard time with pain, right now," Slider shrugged.

"Did you skip his meds?" 

"Accidentally," Slider felt the need to add, only to accidentally confuse Roo.

"Why wouldn't he dake them ond purpose?" 

Slider and Mav shared a look before Mav broke the silence, "He um, just didn't like the side effects." 

"Ice dever got ady side effects fromb the drugs, only the chembo." 

-shit- Mav thought, "well um..' 

"Is he pudishing hibself agaid?" 

"What?" Slider and Mav said in unison.

"I hear bore dhad you dhingk I do," Rooster got up, rolling his eyes at his own voice and went to blow his nose and wash his hands, "jesus."

"What exactly do you mean by that?" Slider looked nervous.

"I know Pops used to have a pretty bad eating disorder that you all still worry about, and that he has a nasty habit of punishing himself when something bad happens." 

"You know about all that?!" Mav looked almost angry.

"I see the way you all look at Ice when we eat. Like you need proof that he's eaten at least two meals today. I've seen the scars on Pop's arms. I've seen him dig his nails into his palms when he's trying to keep calm. I notice a lot more than you guys give me credit for." 

"Bradley," Slider looked a bit upset, "i'm so sorry-" 

"Why?" Rooster came back over and sat on the table, wanting to face both of them, "we're a family. This isn't something you should keep from me. If Pops needs help, I should be there to help too." 

"You're our kid-"

"So? You don't need to protect me, Mav." He glanced over at Slider, "I know you know him better than any of us. I know you see things before we do. Just, don't hide it from me anymore. I want to help. I can't read Ice's mind like you do." 

Slider took a breathe and put his hands together, "fine." 

"Starting now," Rooster raised a brow, something he got from Ice.

"shit," Slider hated that, "He's in a lot of pain. He blames himself for the accident and even though he doesn't show it, he's grieving too."

"It wasn't his fault-" Mav tried.

"I know that, You know that, Roo knows that," Slider took another deep breathe, "and Ice knows it deep down, but I can hear him apologizing when he prays at night. Every year, he prays to Goose, and he apologizes."

"I thought he was repenting to God or something?" Mav frowned.

"Every other day, yeah," Slider rolled his shoulders like it hurt, "He's moved past it; learned from his mistakes and whatnot. Doesn't mean he's forgiven himself."

"How can he do both?" Mav furrowed his brow.

"Move on but not forgive?" Slider questioned before answering anyway, "He doesn't let it way him down. He knows that kind of over thinking can get someone else killed; he won't allow that. It's not that he's beating himself up over it, not anymore, but he still pays tribute to Goose; in small ways."

"Like taking care of me?" 

"Bradley," Slider looked shocked, "He loves you. Please don't think he adopted you out of guilt-"

"That's not what I mean," Bradley put his hands up, "I know he sees me as his own kid, but he only ever came around after my dad died. He came around because he wanted to make it up to my mom and me." 

"That was his first motivation, sure," Slider still looked worried, "but he fell in love with you. You became family the first time you looked up at him and hugged him. He would have died for you that minute." 

"I know," Bradley rubbed his eyes, "I just hate that he's hurting." 

"We all are," Slider reached over and took Bradley's hand, "that's the nature of grief. Misery loves company." 

Bradley squeezed Slider's hand, "Glad i'm not alone anymore." 

"oh, kid," Slider pursed his lips, trying to keep his own tears from falling, "you were never truly alone."

------------------------------------------------

After they had their talk, Bradley heated up some soup and walked into the bedroom and gently woke up Ice. In his sleep, Ice looked in a lot of pain and it broke Bradley's heart. Clearly, he was pretending everything was fine for a very long time.

"Hey," Bradley smiled as Ice opened his eyes, "brought you some soup."

Ice signed, -how are you feeling?-

"I'm ok," he gave Ice the soup after he sat up, "thought you could use some food."

Ice put his fingers to his chin, then moved it outward and down until his palm showed.

"You're welcome," Rooster fixed the covers around Ice before sitting on the bed, "thought you could use some company."

-always.- 

Bradley smiled and moved to the other side of the bed, crawling in and getting close to Ice. While he would never outright tell Ice that he knew he wasn't well mentally, he could do small things like this. He could bring him food, keeping him company, and just be there for him; physically and mentally.

Eventually, Mav and Slider came in, Slider sliding into bed behind Ice and giving him something softer to lean against, while Mav sandwiched Rooster between them.

"After Ice takes some meds," Mav gestured to what was in Slider's hand, "how about we have a movie night until we all fall asleep?" 

"Sounds fun," Rooster leaned back against the pillows, putting his head on Slider's shoulder.

"Good," Mav turned on the tv, "because i'm not giving you a choice."

That made Rooster laugh before he started coughing.

Mav patted his back until he was finished, "Sorry, no jokes." 

"Gonna cough anyway." 

"And there's nothing wrong with that," Slider whispered into Ice's ear before kissing it.

Ice took his medicine with some tea to wash it down before cuddling up to Slider and closing his eyes.

"Or we could nap," Mav turned the tv to mute, "that works too." 

Ice was already out.

Slider kissed Ice's face, making the smaller man smile, "I think we all need more sleep than we are getting."

"Especially our sickies," Mav laid down and pulled Rooster down too, "It's been a taxing weekend." 

"Sleep it is," Slider kissed Bradley's head before turning off the lights, "Good night."

It was strange, but Bradley could have sworn he heard his dad echo 'good night.' Instead of feeling sad, it was comforting, like his father was approving his new found family. It was a good feeling to fall asleep too, keeping a smile on his face all night.

None of them new, but they all heard it too, making it the best sleep any of them had in a long time.

37 minutes ago, Mygyn said:

Say it isn’t so a part 2 of the last chapter just as warm and fuzzy as the last! 100% loved it and all the feels.

Twas so! Glad you loved it! Thank you, my love! XOXOX

October 9th Prompts: Allergies + Day Out

Prompt: p.s. i thought of a prompt. one of the guys (i’m thinking slider, but it could be any of them) gets a bunch of mosquito bites and he’s miserable and won’t stop scratching.

Mav's Hiking Date

In hindsight, it wasn't Mav's best idea for a date, but in his defense, it was a gorgeous view. He just forgot to calculate into his plan, that Ice was allergic to grass. It's not like Ice to complain, so he was ok with going, just taking an allergy tablet before they got into the car. Slider, on the other hand, he looked at Mav like he was nuts. 

Thankfully, it was a nice day, not too hot, not too cold. They were all very fit, so the hike was super easy for them, Mav trying not to laugh. The sign had said this was medium on the hardness scale, but they barely felt any fatigue. 

They were halfway up to the spot when Ice started to get itchy. In true Ice fashion, he ignored it, stifling into his elbow, staying behind the two of them in hopes they wouldn't notice. But it got hard not to notice when they'd turn around to make sure he was there and he was bent over the waist.

"I told you this was a bad idea," Slider glared at Mav.

"I completely forgot."

"Mav," Slider rolled his eyes, "Allergies are the first thing you should have memorized by now." 

Ice was finally done with his fit and walked up next to Slider, "I'm fine." 

"Mav gives you an allergy attack and you're fine?" 

"He didn't plant the grass-" Ice pulled his shirt up, "kschiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-hiew!" 

"Bless you, baby," Slider kissed the top of his head, "we should go back." 

"We're halfway there," Ice scrunched his nose up, "I think i'll survive."

"Did you take your meds?" 

"Yes," Ice blushed, "can we just go?" 

"Yes," Mav turned around and continued the trek.

"You know you don't have to pretend, right?" 

"Since when do you mind me sneezing?" Ice took Ron's hand and pulled him up the trail, "besides, it's not that bad."

"You're torturing yourself for a view." 

"I'm not being tortured," Ice scrunched his nose up and turned around, "Tschiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-hiew!"

Slider was unconvinced, "uhuh.." 

------------------------------------

They finally reached the view as Ice's allergies were starting to annoy him. His eyes were getting itchy, but he never touched them, just blinking a bit more than usual.

Slider on the other hand, was fighting off mosquitoes like he was made of honey, "what the fuck!" 

Ice threw him the bug spray before stifling another fit into his elbow.

"I screwed up this date, didn't I?" Mav sat down on the ground, putting his bag down and staring at the view.

Ice came to sit next to him and nudged him, "no, you didn't screw anything up." 

"You're sneezing your head off, and Slider looks like he's ready to throw me off a cliff."

Ice turned to look, smiling a bit as Slider slapped his arm again as another mosquito tried to eat him, "well, perhaps it's not the best date we've been on," he sniffled before turning back around, "but this view is beautiful." 

"You're beautiful," Mav kissed Ice's cheek, smiling as Ice blushed, "Slider would be too if he wasn't so grumpy." 

Ice chuckled slightly before looking at the bag, "So what was so important that you lugged that all the way up here?" 

Mav looked very excited before taking out a few tupperwares, "I brought lunch." 

Ice just smiled before pulling Mav closer so he could kiss him, "you're so cute." 

"Thought it would be romantic." 

"It still is," Ice kissed him again before turning around to Slider, "Ron?" 

"Yeah, I'm coming," Ron walked over, clearly miffed, and sat down next to Ice, putting his head on his shoulder, "i'm getting eaten alive." 

"It's because you're so sweet," Mav tried to lighten his mood, but failed.

"Did you bring food?" Slider saw the tupperware and looked curious, "You planned a picnic."

"Ice thought it was cute." 

"Ice thinks everything you do is cute," Slider kissed Ice's cheek, "but yeah, this is cute." 

Ice tapped Slider's leg quickly before pulling his shirt over his face, "tschiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chew-chew-hew," Ice took a quickly breath before ducking fast, "Hutschiew!" 

"God bless you!" Mav rubbed his back, "that was strong." 

Ice looked embarrassed and put down his shirt, "felt good though."

"That's so hot," Slider started kissing along his shoulder.

"I'm not having sex with you out here where anyone can find us." 

But he was wrong. That's exactly what they did. It was possible that the possibility of being seen made it better. 

-----------------------------

When they finally got home, Ice's eyes were swollen and his nose was redder than a stop sign. Normally, Ice would be embarrassed, but he didn't care because they didn't care. 

Mav parked in the driveway and opened his door, "you need some benadryl," he ran to the front door, ignoring Ice's attempts to calm him down.

"it's not urgent," Ice sighed and got out of the car, stopping only to attempt to stifle down his chest, getting to six before he winced, "itschiew-chiew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew!- bleh." 

Slider saw the disoriented look on his face and took Ice's arm, "it's urgent." 

"I need a shower." 

"We all do," Slider decided to just pick Ice up, "you can barely see, can't you." 

"Everything's blurry," he scrunched his nose up and rested his head on Slider's shoulder, "could use a nap." 

"Mav, where are you with that benadryl?" Slider called out once he was inside.

"Found it!" he took out a pill and put it into Ice's mouth, frowning when he saw how red and swollen his eyes had gotten.

"Go turn on the shower," Slider looked uncomfortable."

"What happened?" Mav did as he was told but looked suspicious, "I know it's not about Ice." 

"I'm fucking itchy," Slider groaned, "I told you I was being eaten alive."

"After the shower," Ice cleared his throat, "I'll put the cream on it, ok?" 

"After the shower, you're going to bed," Slider kissed his forehead, "you're getting a pollen fever." 

Ice nodded before turning into Slider's neck, "tschiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-hiew!" 

Slider shivered, "bless." 

Mav came back out, seeing SLider looked a little more relaxed, "What changed since the 5 seconds i've been away." 

"Nothing," Slider kissed Ice's lips before walking towards the bathroom.

"oooh," Mav got it and rolled his eyes, "just strip." 

"Working on it," Slider called back.

-----------------------------------------------

"hold still," Ice chastised.

"I can't," Slider pouted, "i'm so itchy." 

"I know, baby," Ice slapped his hand away, "you'll feel better once this kicks in." 

"Then tell it to hurry up," Slider whined.

"I don't think it's sentient," Ice continued to rub the lotion over his bitten arms and neck, "you really got attacked." 

"Yeah," Slider was going to pout again, but saw Ice's nostrils twitch. Instead, he just reached up and gently rubbed the bridge of his nose, watching as Ice's eyes fluttered shut, hands going still against his arms; clearly on the throw of a sneeze. 

"Hih-" Ice turned into Slider's hand, wanting him to apply more pressure before taking one last breath before stifling against Slider's finger, "engxt'shu," he blinked a bunch, tickle teasing him, "oh.. hih." 

Slider put his thumb to the ball of Ice's nose and rubbed slow circled until he could tell that Ice couldn't take it anymore.

"Ah'schiew!" Ice sneezed down Slider's chest, "schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-sdchiew-schiew-schiew-schiew!" 

Slider saw some wetness until his nose and used his thumb to wipe it up, "still itchy?" 

Ice nodded slowly, mouth open slightly.

Slider kissed his lips lightly before kissing the ball of his nose, smiling as Ice took a quick intake of breathe.

"Ehschiew!" Ice sneezed off to the side, not wanting to sneeze on his face, "eshiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-chew-chew-chew-chew!" 

Slider kissed his lips again before letting Ice rubbed his own nose against his wrist, "you're so fucking adorable." 

"My nose hurts." 

"Aww," Slider pouted and pulled him closer, still on his lap. "guess we're itchy together." 

"I take no pleasure in your suffering," Ice kissed Slider, "can I finish with the cortisone?" 

"Please do," Slider kissed his lips again, "but it's so hard to stop." 

"Itching? or kissing me?" 

"Both?" Slider gave him yet another kiss, "I could kiss you forever and never get bored."

Ice blushed and put his forehead to Sliders, "I love you too." 

"To the moon and beyond, baby," Slider deepened the kiss, wrapping his arms around Ice's waist.

Mav came in with some tea for both of them and sighed, "Why is it, you guys are always doing sexy things when I'm out of the room."

"You have bad timing?" Slider kissed along Ice's face, making him giggle.

"oh," Mav came over and put the tea on the nightstand, "I love your giggles." 

"It's so cute," Slider agreed and kissed Ice again.

"You need to stop and let me finish with your bites." 

"ugh," Slider pouted, "don't remind me. Kissing you was a great distraction." 

"I can distract you all you want, once i'm do'huh..done-" Ice scrunched his nose up before turning away, "Heh-schiew!" 

"Bless!" Mav called out.

"No'huh.. not done-" Ice shook his head before lifting his chin up and looked into the light, "ESchiew!-schiew-chiew-chiew-cheiw-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew!" 

"The Benadryl isn't really helping, huh?" Mav frowned.

"It is," Ice sniffed, "I can see, and throat isn't itchy. I just can't stop sneezing." 

"You look exhausted." 

"it's the benadryl," Ice got more of the cream on his hand before smothering Slider's neck in it, "I'll probably take a nap once this dries." 

"Are you getting a sinus headache?" Slider kissed his forehead.

"No," Ice wiggled his nose, "I don't feel congested either. Just really itchy." 

"Same," Slider tried to scratch his arm but Ice moved his hand away again, "no scratching." 

"But it's itchy!" Slider whined again.

"I'm sorry, but you'll only make it worse," Ice grabbed some gauze and started to wrap his arms, "you can take some benadryl and take a nap with me. It'll help with the itch." 

"I'll take that," Slider watched Ice's hands work before letting Mav put the pill in his mouth, "I love your hands." 

"oh?" Ice finished wrapping his arms and looked up at him.

"Yeah," Slider took them and kissed the backs of each, "they're great hands." 

Ice blushed and got up, "Go lay down. I'll join you after I wash up." 

"Don't be long," Slider laid down in bed, "i'll miss you too much." 

"Mav, keep him company." 

"Baby," Mav crawled into bed, "If you think i'm missing a chance to sleep with you two, you're crazy." 

"Duly noted," Ice walked into the bathroom and immediately ducked into his elbow, "ESChiew!" 

"Bless you!" Mav and Slider called back in unison, Slider frowning that he couldn't hear the little fits that inevitable followed.

When Ice did come out, he looked like he blown his nose or rubbed it harshly, as it was redder than before and chapped.

"Aww honey," Mav pouted and pulled him into bed.

"I'm fine," Ice got into bed and immediately felt Slider pull him to his chest.

Mav cuddled him from behind and kissed his shoulder, "next time I choose a date, I'm thinking indoors." 

Slider chuckled and closed his eyes, "I dunno, this one turned out pretty nice."

Mav closed his eyes and squeezed Ice's middle, "yeah, can't say i'm complaining." 

"Tchiew-" Ice sneezed into Slider's chest, "kiew-'kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew!" 

"Bless you." 

"No complaints here either, Mav," Slider kissed Ice's forehead, "No complaints at all."

This last one I am living for! The way you described ice’s sneezing fits and how messy they were and strong while also still having him have his adorable little fits was just so incredible. I am literally jumping up and down in excitement over it!

21 hours ago, Mygyn said:

You must be inspired tonight! We got 2 updates!!! 

Indeed I was!

9 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

This last one I am living for! The way you described ice’s sneezing fits and how messy they were and strong while also still having him have his adorable little fits was just so incredible. I am literally jumping up and down in excitement over it!

I'm so happy you're happy! I can imagine the jumping and excited noises! XOXOXO

October 11th prompts: Changing + Hand Holding

I've decided to try out a halloween esc scary story (it's not that scary. Probably not scary at all, but the vibes of somethings wrong here.)

The Overlook 

Slider didn't like it the moment they stepped into this hotel. There was a terrible storm brewing outside and they deemed it unsafe to try to drive the rest of the way home. The only place for miles was this off the beaten path motel, that looked like no one had come to for years; yet there were employees. Ice had given it a once over, clearly not pleased either, but Mav just laughed and walked in.

"You guys are just snobs," he rolled his eyes as he opened the door, "you could use a little ruffing up." 

Ice glared at him, not thrilled at being called soft, but didn't comment. Instead, he went to the concierge and asked if they had a room available. 

The man in an old fashioned bell hop outfit, turned around and smiled at him. His smile didn't seem to reach his eyes and Ice almost stepped back in surprise. His smile was unnaturally large, like that of the comic book villain Joker. When Ice looked him in the eyes, he saw nothing in them. Not happiness, or anger, not even boredom. He was just simply, empty.

Mav tried to lighten the mood, making some joke about some jobs really suck the life out of you, only for Ice to hit him a little too hard in the stomach. 

"I'm sorry about him," Ice's eyes never left the man, "we've had a long day. Forgive our poor manners." 

Slider immediately picked up on Ice's concern, and instinctively stepped closer, ready to defend Mav and Ice if anything happened.

"Oh don't you worry about that around here," the man chuckled low in his throat, ending it with a slight wheeze, "it's been a long time since we had a good laugh." 

"Do you have a room available?" Ice looked at the alarming amount of old keys behind the man, and had a sinking feeling they were the only customers in the building.

"Why yes," The man turned around and looked over all the keys before picking up number 13, "this one will suit you all just fine," he turned back around and moved his hand towards them, palm open, key balanced on his long and grey fingers.

"Thank you-" 

"Now don't you worry about making noise," The man leaned closer, "there's always noise around here. No one ever pays any mind." 

"Excuse me?" Ice furrowed his brow.

"This room only had one bed," his grey eyes looked all three of them up and down before smiling again, "you'll fit just perfectly." 

Ice was actually speechless, which is saying a lot.

"uhm," Mav took the key, jumping a bit when he touched the man's hand and finding it really cold, "wow. You should put on some gloves before your fingers fall off." 

"Hm?" the man turned his head quickly to the side, as if offended, but his face never showed it.

"It's just," Mav's eyes widened at the sudden eye contact, "It's cold. Frostbite is a problem up north, as I'm sure you know." 

The man growled something low in his throat before standing up straighter, the veins in his neck popping out unnaturally, making the grey pallor all the more stark against his icy blue veins, "the cold has never bothered me before." 

Ice looked just past the man and saw someone peering at them from a window. All he could see was an ear, some hair, and one large eye. He instantly grabbed Slider's hand, squeezing tightly, trying not to make a sound or show his fear. 

"Will you be needing assistance with your luggage, sirs?" 

Ice shook his head, too afraid to speak. Something was really wrong with this man. The more he looked at him, he could have sworn the man turned blue, like he was out of oxygen, "would you like us to build you a fire-"

"No!" the man barked, making Ice step back, eyes widening in alarm, "Forgive me," he reached up and fixed his neck tie, "the fireplace has been out of commission for sometime. I would hate for you to get hurt."

Slider glared at the man, furious that he yelled at Ice, but didn't do anything, far to worried about letting go if Ice's hand.

Mav thought that comment was really weird and looked over at the fireplace. There appeared to be perfectly good logs and kindling just to the side of it, and he could have sworn when they pulled in, smoke was coming from their chimney.

"Your room is just one floor above," the man gestured with two fingers towards the elevators, "just a few doors down on your left." 

All three of them nodded and grabbed their things, walking toward the elevator.

"Does anyone else get 'twilight zone' from this place?" Mav chuckled a bit as he stared at the elevators. They were old, blocky machines with doors that looked like reinforced steel. There was a semi circle above each elevator with an old fashioned needle system to show where the elevator was at the time. 

"Anyone up for taking the stairs?" Slider looked at the elevators with great distrust. 

"Yes," Ice was now holding Slider's hand with great intensity, not even aware that Slider winced.

"Stairs it is," Mav agreed and held the door open for them before following them, "I can't believe Lerch yelled at you." 

"Lerch?" Ice looked confused." 

"Yeah, ya know, from the Addams Family," he snapped his fingers to the theme, "you can't tell me he didn't look like that." 

Ice shivered as a sudden gust of cold air hit him, "It's late. He's probably had a rough night." 

"Are you cold?" Neither Mav nor Sli felt any cold air, so Slider was rightfully worried.

"The air conditioner must have kicked in," Ice pulled his sleeves down over his hands.

"It's hot in here," Slider put a hand on Ice's forehead, "you don't feel like you have a fever." 

"You really didn't feel that?" Ice looked between them, hoping for one of them to laugh and say it was all a joke.

"No," Mav looked really confused.

Ice took a deep breathe and wrinkled his nose, "can we just go up to our room. This place feels... wrong." 

"Seconded," Slider took Ice's bag from him and gave him his arm, wanting Ice to calm down.

"Lets go," Mav didn't like the way Ice and Slider were acting. Neither of them were skittish people. It was usually Mav who jumped while watching scary movies or going into haunted houses. Ice was always a rock.

Ice lead them up the stairs, looking intent on getting there as fast and safe as possible. They finally reached the first floor and Ice opened the door, only to suddenly look a little dizzy.

Slider immediately dropped their bags in order to stop Ice from falling down the stairs. 

"What just happened?" Mav had also felt dizzy and grabbed the reiling, "did the hallway just move?" 

"What?" Slider looked over at Mav like he was crazy.

"You saw that too?" Ice blinked and stood back up, "the hallway... it was really long.. and then it just-" he gestured with his hands, first opened wide, then short.

"If I wasn't certain joint hallucinations were impossible, i'd think you were both high," Slider picked up the bags again, "The hallway didn't move." 

Ice rubbed his eyes and put on his glasses, "we're probably just really tired." 

"Yeah," Mav rubbed Ice's back and urged him to walk down the hallway. 

They got to the door, when suddenly the hallway smelled like perfume. 

Ice immediately reacted, bringing his elbow to his face, "Eh'kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew!" 

All of them could have sworn they heard a faint 'bless you' behind them, making them all turn around quickly.

"Did anyone else hear a woman?" 

"uhuh," Slider put an arm around Ice's waist and squeezed, "probably came from behind a door. Ya know, another tenant." 

Suddenly, the perfume scent was gone and Ice's previous itchy nose, stopped immediately, "Let's just shower and get to bed before we joint hallucinate anymore." 

"Not a real thing, babe," Slider unlocked the door anyway.

"Not now," Ice said through gritted teeth, slowly walking into the room, only to jump at seeing his own reflection, "oh!" 

"Jesus Christ," Slider had a hand over his heart, "don't scare me like that." 

Ice looked around the room, checking for any kind of hiding spot, and found that the room was empty, "Mav, lock the door."

"Waaay ahead of you," Mav was barricading the door, "this place is creepy."  

A bolt of lighting lite up the room followed by a loud crack of thunder, making all of them wince.

"Clearly, we can't go back on the road," Slider sighed and put the bags down, "we're all tired, jumpy, and upset about the weather. I'm sure after a hot shower and some sleep, we'll be right as rain tomorrow." 

That did not go as planned. While the did get a wonderfully hot shower, things afterwards got strange.

Mav was the first to step out of the shower as Ice and Slider wanted to warm up some more, and found there was a handprint on the mirror. Figuring it was from a previous resident or their housekeeper's, he just grabbed a towel and wiped it off before the others could notice and overthink it.

Later that night, after they all had gone to bed, Slider was awoken to someone singing. He opened his eyes and peered around the room, not seeing anyone, but he could hear a lullaby coming from the hallway. Normally, he would brush it off as some mom trying to get her fussy baby to go to sleep, but this time he wasn't thinking at all. He found himself getting out of bed and walking towards the door slowly, hearing nothing but the music. As he got closer to the door, it seemed to get larger and brighter; the light underneath almost blinding. With every footstep he took, the singing got louder and louder, and he could have sworn she was right there with him, singing in his ear. He was about to reach for the doorknob when Ice woke up.

"Ron?" 

It was like a lightswitch was flicked on with how fast everything came back to normal. The door was average sized, the light was gone, and the only thing he could hear was the rain hitting the window.

"Honey?" Ice yawned and rubbed his eyes, "are you ok?" 

Slider turned around and walked back to bed, "yeah, I'm good," he lied, not wanting to freak Ice out over a nightmare.

"Why did you get out of bed?" Ice pulled him back in, cuddling close.

"Just had a foot cramp," he lied again, "wanting to walk it off." 

"'s okay now?" Ice cuddled into his chest, already falling back asleep.

"Yeah," Slider looked around the room, trying to see if anything else changed, "yeah." 

"hm," Ice had fallen asleep, mouth slightly open as he breathed.

Slider wrapped his arms around both Ice and Mav, wanting to touch them and know that they were ok and breathing. He didn't sleep a wink the rest of the night, just on the lookout for anything else freaky that could happen.

Ice was fast asleep, when he felt like he was sinking. It was the typical fall dream, where you'd usually wake up before you hit the ground, but this time he just kept falling. There was dirt all around him, and when he looked at his legs, they were covered with it and worms; like he had been buried. To make matters worse, he could taste some earthy substance on his tongue and it made him want to throw up. Instead, he just started coughing, in his dream feeling like he was coughing up dirt and worms. He felt like no matter how much he coughed or how much he gagged, the dirt never fully came out. He was dry drowning. 

He felt like he'd been going at it for hours, when he was suddenly shaking, like he was having a seizure. A bright light was suddenly over his face and there was a mysterious pressure on his face and sides.

"Ice!" Mav was shaking him in bed and trying to wake him up, "Tom! Wake up!" He was just about to slap him when Ice sat up, coughing so harshly they all thought he'd puke.

"Shit," Slider sat up and patted his back, "Tom, honey?!" 

Ice opened his eyes and felt something in his throat, jumping out of bed and running to the bathroom, spitting some saliva and blood in the sink. For a split second, he could have sworn he saw pieces of dirt, but after a second look it was gone.

Mav and Slider ran in, seeing the blood and freaking out, "Nope, we are OUT OF HERE!" 

Slider agreed with Mav and went to go pack their things. The rain had stopped but it was suppose to start raining again soon, "I don't give a fuck if i drive through a monsoon. We are NOT staying HERE!" 

Ice wiped his mouth on his sleeve, freaking out that there was a streak of blood, "Wha-" he tried to speak, only to wince and cough again. His throat was killing him and he could taste copper on his tongue.

"Don't talk," Slider was putting his jacket over him, "get in the car. We are going to urgent care the minute we find one in a safe town." 

Ice didn't argue and ran with them towards the car, not even caring that they didn't pay. The man never asked for a credit card or cash, just handing over the key like it was no big deal. The thought didn't even cross their mind until they were home.

Now, they were at the urgent care, and being checked out by a doctor.

"Good news is," the doctor moved the flashlight away from Ice's mouth, "it's just some scratches. Have you been coughing recently?"

Mav piped up, "He was coughing all night." 

"Yes, that would do it," The doctor started to write something, "i'm prescribing you some strong cough medicine. Just drink lots of fluids and keep things at room temperature. If you're still bleeding after a week, then go to the hospital, but I doubt its anything more than a bad cough." 

Ice nodded, holding the prescription close to his chest. He hadn't had a chance to tell them about his dream of being buried alive, and he was terrified on the way here that he was going to be diagnosed with something deadly.

Slider thanked the doctor and helped Ice to the car, not liking the look on his face, "It was probably really dusty in the room and it made it hard to breathe." 

"Yeah," Mav chimed in, not really believing it, "when we get home, we'll wash all of our clothes and take another shower, get whatever dust or mold is on us, and this will all blow over before we know it."

Ice put a hand to his throat, having an awful feeling that this was some kind of foreshadowing, but just nodded and got into the car.

The rest of the drive went smoothly and they were thrilled to be home. If they got anything from this trip, it was to never EVER pick a random motel on the side of the road. They'd rather camp out in their car than do that shit again. Eventually his throat cleared up.

In just three years time, Ice was diagnosed with throat cancer and it didn't surprise him at all. He never told Sli or Mav, but he had a feeling this day would come ever since that sketchy hotel. In some ways, it was a blessing. He was prepared for this, as horrible as it sounded. It was like he was told his future. All the shock and grief never came. Some said he was just a rock or was pulling a facade to spare his family any more pain. No one would ever know the truth, and he was sure Slider nor Mav made the connection, and even after remission, he never brought it up again.

On 10/16/2022 at 12:40 AM, Mygyn said:

This was a bit spooky! But still a good read!

Glad you liked it! XO

Request: Also, could you possibly write something where Mav is having an argument with someone (Not Sli or Ice) and they basically bring up Goose out of the left court and blame Mav for everything and then he just breaks and shuts down. Ofcc, Slider comes in and beats the person up, and Ice takes care of Mav and helps him calm down<333

October 12th prompts: Concern + Weather

Blind Corners

The weather wasn't exactly what they were hoping for when they went for a walk, but the air was crisp and they were sure they had a good hour before it would rain. So there they went, taking a walk before going back to the base. The three of them joked and laughed, sharing secret kisses when they were between open spaces. This was Mav's favorite time of the day, getting even just a few minutes with his loves was enough for him. 

"Think we're going up in this?" Slider looked up at the angry grey clouds above them.

"No," Ice sniffed the air, "it's going to storm." 

"You can't possibly know that by smelling the air," Mav looked disbelieving.

"The air smells different when a storm is brewing, and I can feel the static." 

"Doesn't that mean lightning is gonna hit us right now?" Mav stood under a tree.

"Nah," Ice shrugged, "We have time,"  he looked back up at the sky, "but it wouldn't hurt to go back a few minutes early." 

Slider took Ice's chin in his hand, forcing him to look at Sli, "Your eyes are getting darker with the clouds." 

"huh?" Ice looked confused.

"Yeah," Mav came over and looked at Ice's eyes, "your eyes always mimic the weather, it's really cool." 

"You have grey eyes," Slider kissed Ice's forehead, "they tend to pic up what's around them." 

"Who needs the weather forecast, when we could just look into Ice's eyes." 

Slider rolled his eyes, "that's not how that works-"

"It's a joke, smartass," Mav gently slapped his ass, "lighten up." 

"I'll lighten up when the sky does," Slider wrapped an arm around Ice's shoulders and pulled him in.

Mav was walking backwards now, barely a few feet in front of Ice and Slider as they continued to talk, when they were rounding a corner and a bicyclist came down, barely missing Mav and swerving into the grass, falling down.

"Oh shit!" Mav jumped and ran over to the guy, "are you ok?!" 

"What the fuck, Mitchel," it was someone he had known in flights school, "didn't anyone tell ya to watch where you're going?" 

"I didn't hear you coming, MIke," Maverick helped the guy up and picked up his bike, "are you hurt?" 

"No, i'm not hurt," the man brushed the grass off of him, "little startled is all." 

"Yeah, i'm sorry, man," Mav fixed the guys helmet, "you seriously ok?" 

"I'm fine, Pete," He saw Ice and Slider and was about to introduce himself when his riding buddy was finally in view.

Slider and Ice were blocked by bushes and trees, so they other rider couldn't see them as he came towards Mike and Pete.

"Mitchell throw you off your bike?!" The guy stopped his bike and hopped off a good few feet before the curve, clearly furious, "what the fuck is wrong with you! Have you learned nothing from Bradshaw's death? Or are you so brain dead you don't realize what a danger you are to people!" 

"Woah!" Mike was the first to intervene, "Jason, what the fuck!" 

Mav didn't expect that at all. Truly, it was no one's fault. It was blind turn and there was no way either of them could have seen each other as Mike's bike was particularly quiet. He fell quiet, just staring at that man with an open mouth.

"No, MIke," The guy was walking over, "The man's a walking death magnet! You could have broken your neck!" 

Slider rounded the corner and picked the man up by his shirt, "I'm about to break your neck if you don't shut up." 

The man clearly didn't know when he was beat, "Oh yeah, tough guy? Why don't you put me down and we can fight like men." 

Ice heard the phrase and swallowed down some bile. Instead of throwing up, he went over to Mav and took his hand, "We should go back-" 

Mav was unnaturally silent, just nodding slowly as he let Ice lead him away.

Mike yelled over, "Mav, i'm so sorry. He doesn't know what he's talking about-" The man stopped when Ice turned and shook his head, silencing him instantly.

Slider let the man down, who immediately swung at him, only to have Slider grab his wrist and snap his wrist with one hand. The man yelped and fell to his knees, eyes wide with fear and pain.

"You fell off your bike," Slider leaned in closer, voice dangerously low, eyes glowing with rage, "you broke your wrist falling off your bike." 

Jason nodded furiously, "Fell off my bike, yeah."

"Good," Slider threw him to the ground before grabbing the man's bike and throwing it into the pond. 

"BRO-!" Once Slider looked back at him he recoiled like a turtle into his shell, "sorry." 

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Slider walked back over and looked him over, "you're pathetic." 

"I'm sorry, i'm so sorry," the man didn't look Slider in the eyes, not having noticed Slider was now long gone.

Mike came back over the Jason and frowned, "How is it, you always pick a fight with the biggest dude you can find?" 

"I was going for Mavirick," Jason groaned as he stood up, "now stop judging me and take me to a hospital." 

"Call a taxi," Mike got on his bike and pedalled away, "consider this our break up!" 

"You can't leave me like this!" Yet that's exactly what he did.

----------------------------

Ice and Slider didn't have a lot of time to try to convince Mav that it wasn't his fault, until they were called back to their posts. Both of them worried the rest of the day, hoping Mav didn't hurt himself or piss someone else off. Once Ice was off duty, he went to go find Maverick only to find out he went home merely minutes before Ice was off.

So Ice called Slider, "Hey, Mav went home. Where are you?" 

"Turn around," Slider started running down the hall to meet Ice, "Did he take our car?" 

"I have the keys," Ice held them up, "do you think he walked home?" 

"I tried to call him but he's not answering."

Ice took a breathe before turning towards the car, "let's drive home. Maybe we'll see him and can pull over or maybe he got a ride from a friend." 

"Or he hitch hiked?" 

"Don't give me ideas," Ice was already concerned.

"Mav will be fine. He probably batted his eyelashes and got a ride from a pretty girl." 

"Pretty girls can be serial killers too." 

"Name three!" Slider looked incredulous.

Ice didn't even hesitate, "LIzzie Borden, Belle Gunness, Aileen Wuornos," Ice counted on his fingers.

Slider shivered, it had just come out in the newspaper about Aileen and he hated reading what had happened, "point taken." 

"Hm," Ice got into the car and pulled out of the lot, driving towards home. They all got a bit nervous when they didn't see Mav on the way home, even circling the block just in case he wanted a longer route, but nothing. 

FInally, Ice pulled into the driveway and Slider jumped out of the car to see if Mav was inside, "Pete?!" 

"Yeah?" Mav sat up from his place on the couch.

Slider sighed with relief, "how did you get home?" 

"Got a ride from Charlie," he shrugged, "don't tell Ice?" 

"Too late," Ice came through the door, "I'm just glad you're safe." 

"Is this about the Aileen lady? I've never hired a prostitute, Ice."

"I wasn't implying you would," Ice put his bags down and came over to Mav, kissing his head, "just want you to be safe."

"You think i'm a death magnet too?" 

Ice froze, "What?" 

"What that asshole said at the park. Do you think i'm a death magnet?" 

"No," Ice said it in such a way that implied he never ever thought that way, "you're not a death magnet." 

"I killed Goose." 

"No," Ice sat down next to him on the couch and wrapped an arm around him, "faulty equipment killed Goose. There was nothing anyone could do." 

"I should have just stayed on your six-"

"Stop," Ice pulled him closer, "there is nothing you can do about the past, but you have learned from past mistakes, regardless of fault." 

"Doesn't make it ok." 

"His death was an accident. No one blames you but you," Ice started to rub his arms, "you have to let him go, Pete. Goose is gone and has been for some time." 

Mav closed his eyes, trying not to cry, "I don't know how," he turned his face towards Ice's chest, hiding his face, "how do I let go?" 

Ice was silent for a bit, not really sure how to phrase this, "everyone is different. This is something you'll have to figure out alone, honey." 

"And if i'm not ready to let go?" 

Ice and Slider shared a look before Ice spoke, "It will eat at you from the inside until you're... empty." 

There was silence between them all for a few minutes, neither one of them knowing what to say. Everyone grieved differently, and Ice needed to say what he did, but it wasn't easy. 

"I'm not going to spiral," Mav sat up, "I wouldn't do that to you both." 

"Pete," Slider sat down, "this has nothing to do with us-"

"But it does," Mav put his legs up, crossing them under himself, "what I do affects the people around me. If I go down a road I can't follow, I'm not the only one getting hurt. I don't ever want to hurt either of you." 

Ice looked down at his lap, "Mav, you can't help the way that you feel. It's what you do about it that matters. Don't hold back or keep it all inside. Talk to us. Never underestimate how relieving it is to just say it outloud." 

Slider gave Ice a look, remembering the first time Ice had admitted to him about his father's abuse, and how he instantly broke down, crying in Slider's arms for hours before he felt better. Their relationship was never the same after that; it was so much stronger.

"What if I don't know how I feel right now?" 

"That's ok too," Ice took his hand into his, "but when you do, we'll be right here to listen." 

"Even if it's just a rant or spew of consciousness. It won't mean anything unless you want it to," Slider finally sat down and put a hand on Ice's knee.

Mav nodded slowly, "can we talk after dinner? I think i'm too hungry to figure out my feelings right now." 

"Yeah," Ice squeezed Mav's hand, "do you want pizza?" 

Mav looked up quickly at Ice, "you hate pizza."

"I don't hate anything," Ice put his free hand on his stomach, "I admit it's not easy for me to eat, but if it will make you feel better, I think I can make do." 

"Besides, Ice has missed a few too many fear food days," Slider kissed Ice's temple, "It'll be good for all of us." 

Mav smiled a little, "kinda crazy how our comfort food could be someone's fear food."

Ice took a deep breathe, "can someone call before my anxiety gets the better of me?" 

"Yup," Mav hopped up and kissed Ice's forehead, "I got it."

Slider watched as Mav went to find the home phone before looking at Ice, "Mav got cheery quickly." 

"He's nothing if not resilient," Ice leaned into Slider, "he'll figure it out." 

"I know," Slider kissed the top of his head, "he's got one hell of a conscience on his side."

"I am no one's conscience." 

"Tell that to everyone at Top Gun," Slider huffed a small laugh, "you are the Jiminy Cricket of our little band of misfit puppets." 

"Are you making a reference?" Ice furrowed his brow, "Who are you talking about?" 

"Damn, how did we miss Pinocchio," Slider silent chastised himself before getting up, "Mav! Ice has never seen Pinocchio!" 

"What?!" Mav slid back into the room, "how did we miss that?!" 

"I knew we should have made a list," Slider sighed.

"That's our next movie!" Mav ran to their collection of movies, "If we have it here, we're watching it tonight!" 

"What is Pinocchio?" Ice got a little nervous with how excited they both were.

"Disney movie about a puppet that comes to life," Slider shrugged, "It's a classic." 

"So it's like CInderella?" 

"No," Slider made a face like he wasn't sure how to explain, "same company, but it's not a romance thing."

"Bassically," Mav came in with the VHS, "This old woodworker really wanted a kid so he made one out of wood and he wished on a star for a kid and they fairy in the sky gave him one." 

"Is this where you guys got the stork baby story?" 

"No," Mav sighed, "I think that's some old wives tale or something, but-" He put the VHS in the player, "just watch. It'll all make sense." 

"Ok," Ice relaxed against the couch, "i'll watch it if you both stay with me." 

"Baby," Mav sat down and kissed him, "I'm not going anywhere."

Slider slid in on the other side of Ice, "me either." 

They all got comfy on the couch, waiting for their pizza, and began the movie. Things weren't suddenly perfect in the world. Mav was still hurting on the inside, but for a few hours, he could forget about what that man said and just focus on the animation and the heat of Ice's hand in his. For a few hours everything was perfect and comfortable and safe

"Wait, are they never going to do anything about the donkey-kid kidnapping ring?" Ice looked astonished.

Slider and Mav just stared at the credits, "Well.. no." 

"What the hell?" Ice turned off the tv, "this is a kids movie?!" 

"Yeaah," Mav started laughing, "things you focus on as adults really don't come through when you're 5." 

Ice looked very concerned, "A wooden doll was more important than the hundreds of kids who are being forced into slavery, kidnapped, and turned into donkeys." 

"We don't like to think too much about these movies." 

"This blue fairy person is awful." 

"Definitely doesn't have her priorities straight," Mav got up and started to grab the plates, "you're really upset about this, aren't you." 

"I-" Ice huffed, "that threw me." 

"I know, honey," Slider kissed his cheek, "it's just a movie." 

"A really twisted movie," Ice got up, still unhappy, "for children." 

"I know," Slider was amused.

"That's awful," Ice moved his shoulders, clearly uncomfortable.

"I know," Slider hugged him from behind, "come on, let's go to bed before you really get steamed up." 

"Or," Mav started to take off his clothes, "we could really steam him up." 

Slider picked Ice up bridal style, "I like the way you think."

These last two were so good! The shining is one of my favorite movies and I’ve always wanted to go to the overlook hotel (though now I am having second thoughts) so to see a story take place there is awesome! And the next one with slider and ice taking care of Mav after those jerks talked about goose was 10/10 on the angst scale which I absolutely adored. I live for your updates and these ones were amazing! (Also as another note I also haven’t seen Pinocchio just because of that donkey scene so I definitely feel Ice with that one 😂)

On 10/17/2022 at 11:49 PM, Wolfwings22 said:

These last two were so good! The shining is one of my favorite movies and I’ve always wanted to go to the overlook hotel (though now I am having second thoughts) so to see a story take place there is awesome! And the next one with slider and ice taking care of Mav after those jerks talked about goose was 10/10 on the angst scale which I absolutely adored. I live for your updates and these ones were amazing! (Also as another note I also haven’t seen Pinocchio just because of that donkey scene so I definitely feel Ice with that one 😂)

Thank you! I know you sent me a request, but I might have gone off the rails here. So feel free to message me with another request. I'm sorry I got carried away.

Request "Anyway, I had this idea where Rooster and Ice are both sick and Rooster starts to stifle his sneezes just like Ice does sometimes and Ice tells him not to since it can cause damage and such. Rooster is embarrassed and makes a deal with Ice that if he doesn’t stifle his sneezes, then neither can Ice. Just cuteness between Rooster and his Uncle Ice would be amazing!"

Prompts: Sunny Afternoon + Losing track of time

Suppression 

It was a strangely warm day for October, so Mav decided to have to gang come out for some football in the park. This time though, Slider and Ice joined too. The Dagger squad was not ready; especially when Ice came over with a soft looking (but also slutty) sweater and glasses. These assumed he would be imposing and scary and have all of them running laps just for looking at him, but he just apologies for his appearance and his barely audible voice. It was then that Maverick sat him in a chair and kissed the top of his head, before telling the dagger squad about his cancer and how he was still very early on in his remission. 

Rooster got very territorial quickly. He was expecting them to make jokes or make Ice uncomfortable, mostly Jake, but they didn't. They still looked at him with a lot of respect and admiration. It was like he was standing there in full uniform and commanding them to have fun. They saluted him and Bob, oh sweet Bob, ran and grabbed him a bottle of water from the cooler Jake brought and put it next to his chair.

"If you ever need anything, sir-" 

Bob was going to salute but Ice just took his hand and stopped him, eyes going soft as he thanked him. 

"Of course, sir," Bob smiled a bit, clearly thinking the world of him.

Rooster had been battling a cold, something he got from Hangman, and which is gave to Ice. He was still really bitter about Jake getting him sick, but he didn't say anything, not wanting to admit that Ice was more sick than Mav let on.

"Dude!" Jake whisper yelled before punching Rooster in the warm, "you didn't tell me Iceman was your uncle!" 

"Why would I do that?" Rooster sniffed and rubbed his arm.

"We're a team now," Jake looked a bit offended, "you can't leave these things from your teammates?" 

"Funny, hearing that from you," He raised a brow.

"I tell you all everything," He winked, "everything." 

Rooster shivered, "don't remind me." 

"I knew," Phoenix came over and slugged Jake back, "most of us did. This is just the first time we're meeting him." 

"What the hell, Bradshaw." 

"He's my uncle," Rooster cleared his throat, "stop making a big deal about it. It's not like we talk." 

Before Jake could get another word in, Mav threw the ball in their direction, Jake catching it, "You guys playing or gossiping?" 

"Can't we do both?" Jake threw the ball back.

"Nope!" Rooster ran over towards Mav.

They all played ball for a few hours, Rooster stopping about half way through to go sit next to Iceman, feeling exhausted. 

"Out of steam?" Ice put a hand on Rooster's head, running his fingers through his hair.

"I have no energy left," Rooster leaned into Ice's hand, "Feel terrible." 

"We can go home-" Ice paused and cough into his fist.

"I'll go home when you're ready to go home," Rooster looked up at him, "are you ok meeting them all?" 

"They're good kids," Ice coughed again.

"That doesn't a'hah-" Rooster pinched his nose and stifled twice, "oh.." he sniffed.

Ice raised a brow, seeing the pain that went across Rooster's face after the sneeze, "did tht hurt?" 

"Yeah," Rooster cleared his throat, "how do you do that?" 

"Don't," Ice put a hand on Rooster's forehead, "you'll hurt yourself." 

Phoenix came over and sat down by Rooster, "look who showed up." 

Rooster followed where she indicated and saw, "who invited Cyclone?" 

"He probably invited himself," she whispered, then blushed when she saw Ice, "Sorry, sir." 

Rooster looked over at ice, who was giving them a disappointed look, "you don't like him either, Pops."

"He is.. your sur..superior," Ice paused and closed his eyes, clearly in pain.

"Ice?" Rooster got up on his knees and touched Ice's chest, "Pops? What's wrong?" 

"i'm alright," Ice put a hand over top of Rooster's and opened his eyes, "just some.. pain." 

"Where's your meds?" Rooster started to look around the bag, phoenix jumping in.

"Roo," Ice said and they both stopped, "i'm fine." 

Rooster didn't believe it and went over to go talk to Sli.

"Sir?" Phoenix was still there, "what do you need?" 

Ice took his glasses off and looked over at her, glad he could barely see her eyes with how fuzzy he vision was, "nothing, Natasha." 

"You..You know my name?" 

"Yes," Ice looked a little confused, "your Bradley's friend. Why wouldn't I?" 

"I.." Phoenix was speechless, feeling like the president just said he knew her name. Of course, Ice wasn't the president, but damn was he her hero.

"Tom?" Slider knelt down in front of him and rubbed his knee until Ice put his glasses on and looked at him, "What happened?" 

He shook his head lightly, "pinched nerve," He patted Slider's hand, "i'm alright." 

"Ok," Slider calmed down and thought about kissing Ice's head like he'd normally do at home. He wanted to feel for himself that he was really ok, but they were in public, and with Mav's kids to make matters worse.

"Go have fun," Ice took Slider's hand off of his knee and pushed him gently, "go." 

Slider looked really reluctant, but the more he stayed there, the more worried Mav and Rooster would get, "Fine." 

Ice sighed as he went away, knowing he would get in trouble later.

"Sir," Natasha looked up, "Cyclone is coming your way." 

Ice sighed again, "Natasha, would you mind-?" He hated asking this of her, but he needed to stand up if Cyclone was coming his way.

"Of course," She wasn't going to argue, taking his arm and helping him up, ignoring the feeling of eyes watching her back.

"Ice!" Mav came running back over, the rest of the daggers watching him, even though Slider tried to distract them, "Why are you standing? It better not be for Simpson." 

Ice looked up and realized Cyclone had taken his other arm.

"Admiral," Cyclone started, "you never need to stand for me, sir." 

"It is.. proper-" 

"Sir," Cyclone held him tighter, afraid he would fall, "it's not proper to make you stand. You're shaking." 

Mav came over and took Ice by the waist, taking his weight from both of them, "hey, why are you up?" Mav kissed his cheek, trying to make it look like he was just clingy.

"Trying to act normal," ICe rolled his eyes at himself, "I'm not there yet." 

"Why are you here, upping my admiral's blood pressure?" Mav glared at Cyclone.

"It seems you all had such fun you've lost track of time," Cyclone put his hands up, "No one's fault, it happens all the time."

"We had a meeting," Ice closed his eyes, "Adm-"

"Cyclone or Beau. Never Admiral to you, sir." 

"Beau," Ice opened his eyes and looked at him, "i'm so sorry-" 

"I will be accepting no apologies from you," Beau took his hand, "I would rearrange my entire year just to have a moment with you. Please, take your time, recover, get better." 

Ice nodded, "thank you." 

Cyclone squeezed his hand before letting it go, "Maverick, why is Admiral Kazansky out in this weather?" 

"You mean the warmest weather we've had in weeks?" Mav looked like he was really questioning Cyclone's audacity.

"He's shaking-"

"Boys," Ice spoke, dangerously close to sounding angry, stopping both of them in their tracks, "I can handle myself, just fine." 

"Of course, sir," Beau stood at attention before turning around, "whenever you have a moment, I'm flexible." 

"I will send you an email when I can," Ice watched him go and sighed, "Where's Slider?" 

Mav turned around and saw Slider, beckoning him over, "going home?" 

"Yes," Ice took Natasha's arm again, "I've missed enough work-" 

"Work?!" Slider was jogging over and frowned, "I really hope you were making fun of Mav's work instead of what I thought you just said." 

"I've missed a meeting-" 

"With Cyclone," Slider took Ice from Natasha, "He's in love with you, honey. You could drop a bomb on his house, and he's thank you." 

Ice looked even more confused, "what are you talking about?" 

Slider looked at Natasha for help.

"He does stare at your portrait at Top Gun every morning while he drinks his coffee," Natasha shivered, "Rooster caught him once and almost threw up." 

Rooster came over, "ugh, don't remind me," he made a disgusted sound, "he made this weird sound and i never ever  want to hear it again."

"That's disturbing," Slider frowned, "I'm taking Ice home, you ready or do you wanna stay with Mav?" 

"I'm going home," Rooster cleared his throat, "I'm tired." 

"Ok," Slider smiled at Natasha, "thanks for keeping him company." 

"My pleasure, sir," Natasha gave a soft smile to Ice before walking towards the group of guys who now had Mav pinned to the ground, "don't kill our dad!" 

Slider chuckled, "did she just call Mav 'dad'?" 

"Oh yea," Rooster shrugged and grabbed the stuff, "they all think of Mav as their work dad." 

"That's sweet," Ice followed Rooster to the car, "When we get home, we need to have a talk." 

"I know," Rooster opened the car door for Ice, "I wanna talk too." 

"About what?" Slider got into the driver's seat.

"I'll tell you later," Rooster leaned back, "right now, I need a nap." 

-----------------------------------------------

When they got home and settled back in, Rooster went and took a shower while Slider and Ice cuddled on the couch. Ice had just taken his pain medication and was dozing lightly against Slider, who was passed out on the couch, mouth open as he snored.

Once Rooster was out of the shower, he quietly walked over and touched Ice's leg, glad that Ice opened his eyes quickly, "you ok to talk?" 

Ice nodded and reached out towards Rooster, needing the help up. Together, they walked to the bedroom, Rooster helping Ice get comfortable, before joining him in bed. 

"Why do you suppress them?" Rooster gave Ice the option to not look at him, as he was positioned down on the mattress while Ice was propped up.

"Hm?" 

"Your sneezes," Rooster fiddled with the duvet, making sure Ice was warm enough, "you do that whenever people are around." 

"Ah," Ice fixed his glasses, not really sure how to start this conversation, "It's a long story, Bradley." 

"We've got all day." 

Ice took a breathe, pinching the bridge of his nose, "I don't want to make a scene." 

"Because you have fits?" 

Ice clenched his fists up, taking some blanket in each, "yes." 

"it's more than that," Rooster sat up and leaned against the headboard, shoulder touching Ice's, "You never talk about your childhood." 

"What does that have to do-"

"You had an eating disorder when you were my age and I've never met your parents, who I know are still alive." 

Ice shook his head lightly, "You don't want to meet them." 

"Why?" Rooster nudged him lightly, "dad, tell me." 

Ice took a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling, not really sure how to tell him, "I wanted to protect you. They aren't good people, Bradley."

"Tell me anyway," Rooster took Ice's hand in his.

"I don't think I can," Ice was holding back tears.

"Please," Rooster pleaded, "I want to help you, but if you don't let me in, I can't." 

"It's not your job to take care of me-"

"Yes it is!" Rooster looked desperate, "we're a family! That's what family does! Or at least it's what they're supposed to do." Tears were coming to his own eyes, "I lost you guys once and now I feel like your pulling away from me-" 

Ice turned to look at him quickly, looking like his heart shattered, "I would never ever pull away from you," he turned more and pulled Rooster close, giving him a hug, "you are my son. Biological or not, I raised you. You are my kin and I would rather die than leave you." 

"Then tell me what's going on?" Rooster held him close, "Please. You're miserable." 

"I'm not-" Ice's throat caught and he let go to cough, feeling his lungs protest.

Rooster started to rub his back, feeling how Ice flinched, "dad?" 

Ice calmed down and leaned back, looking like that fit took it out of him, "ok.."

"Ok," Rooster crossed his legs and moved so he was giving Ice his undivided attention.

Ice looked anywhere but at Rooster, "my parents.. my father," he cleared his throat, emotion wanting to close it, "he used to hit me, berate me, lock me away.." 

Rooster looked horrified.

Ice pulled up his sleeves and showed Rooster his scars, "I never ever want you to feel that pain." 

"You tried to kill yourself?" Rooster touched the self harm scars down his wrist.

"That was a long time ago," Ice cleared his throat, "My father would not let me make noise, sick or not. If I cleared my throat in his presence, He would hit me. I was told I was disrespectful if I had a cold and would be locked in my room without food until my mother got the courage to bring me some. I developed an eating disorder after my father had us all on strict diets, which was when I was 8. I still hate eating, so much," tears were flowing down Ice's face, "I'm rigid and by the book because if I didn't have the textbook memorized by the weekend I would get hit. If I didn't continuously receive perfect marks, he would leave a permanent one." 

Rooster looked further up his arms and found old burn marks and other scars, "how could someone do that to their kid?" 

"It was thought to be the manly thing to do; bread. It was man's job to provide for the house, bear a son, who would turn out like him. I was to raise my own family the 'traditional' way, go in the military and earn my keep, and be the perfect son he could boast about." 

"You are perfect, though," Rooster touched the scars, hating them.

"I am not perfect," Ice rolled his sleeves back down, "no one is perfect, Bradley," he put a hand on Rooster's face, "I don't want you to feel pressured to do anything. I want you to be happy, and safe." 

"Is that why you pulled my papers?" Rooster wasn't upset, "you wanted me to be safe." 

"I never wanted you to have scars," he touched the ones on Rooster's neck and chin, "I wanted you to stay innocent of the downside of humanity." 

"Pops," Rooster leaned into his hand, "i'm really ok. I like flying." 

"You have nightmares of that mission," Ice's hand fell, strength leaving him, "you get so scared." 

Rooster saw that Ice was fading and just kissed his forehead, "go get some rest. I will still be here when you wake up, ok? I'm not leaving, and I"m not in any pain. I'm not scared, I promise."

"Don't hold back," Ice cleared his throat, trying to stay awake.

"Is that why you stifle? Because your dad would hurt you if you made a sound?" 

Ice nodded, "I never wanted to hurt you." 

"You've never hurt me," Rooster wiped the tears from Ice's face, "I never felt that you did." 

"WHen you left-"

"I never blamed you. I was angry and stupid. I regret it." 

"I don't regret pulling your papers," Ice looked him in the eyes, "you weren't ready." 

"I know that now," Rooster nodded, "I'm sorry I left." 

"I's ok," Ice's eyelids fluttered shut.

"Make me a deal?" 

"hm?" 

"I won't suppress my self if you don't do it either," Rooster put a hand on Ice's forehead, trying to keep him from waking up fully, "no one will ever hurt you again, I promise. Please, make noise?" 

Ice weakly nodded, "no..pain." 

"Yeah," Rooster bent down and kissed his forehead, "no more pain. I won't let anyone hurt you, Pops." 

Ice was out, so Rooster took his glasses off and put them on the nightstand, frowning at how quickly Ice was exhausted now. Instead of worrying by his bedside, he walked outside to see that Slider was leaning against the door frame, tears in his eyes.

"So you know." 

"You heard all of that?" Rooster swallowed thickly.

"I'm sorry we never told you. "

"I understand why you didn't," Rooster hugged Slider, "I don't need to know everything, but this was a good start. I want to make sure Ice feels safe." 

"I've been trying for almost 40 years, kiddo," Slider rubbed his back, "some wounds leave scars." 

"He has so many scars on his arms," Rooster started sobbing, "If I knew he was ever suicidal, I would have never left him." 

"He never wanted you to know that," Slider kissed his head, "Besides, he never hurt himself because of you. His last attempt was long before we adopted you."

"I never want to cause him pain." 

"You could never cause him pain," Slider squeezed tightly, "you're our son. We love you so much." 

"I want to kill his parents." 

"I thought about it too," Slider chuckled lightly, "but that would mean leaving Ice. I could never do that to him. Imagine the trial, him having to testify on our behalf. Go through all his trauma in grave detail."

"Do you know where he got all of his scars?" 

"Most of them," Slider sighed, "there are some he refuses to talk about. It's best not to push these things." 

"It's too painful?" Rooster swallowed thickly, "god, how much worse can it get.." 

"Much much worse," Slider pulled back, "I know your curious and you worry about him, but some things are best buried." 

Rooster nodded, "He's never really going to feel safe, is he?" 

"No," Slider looked down, "he feels safe with us, but he will never trust someone else. We got lucky." 

"I'm so sorry," Rooster clung to Slider as he hugged him again, "I'm never leaving either of you again." 

"I know," Slider squeezed, "We aren't going anywhere either, ok?" 

"I'm so sorry." 

"I know." 

They stood there crying, just holding each other with Rooster whispering silently every few seconds, "i'm sorry."

Love!!! I’m sorry I’ve been away for so long, work has been crazy! But it’s been a fun night catching up on all the stories I’ve missed! As always, I can’t wait for more! 

If you’re still taking requests, and you’re interested, i would love a story where Ice and slider have returned home from a deployment and are so tired they don’t notice a sick Mav trying to help them get situated state side again (bonus points if Mav sleeps on the couch/another room once the pair fall asleep) 

That was awesome! It was everything and more that I was hoping for! Definitely going to be one of my go to parts (though I reread all of these anytime I have a free minute). You really outdid yourself. Thanks so much! Absolutely the best!

On 10/21/2022 at 11:59 PM, Mygyn said:

Oh my lanta! I have no words that was amazing!

Thank you so much!!XOXOXOXO

On 10/22/2022 at 12:01 AM, Loverofreading said:

Love!!! I’m sorry I’ve been away for so long, work has been crazy! But it’s been a fun night catching up on all the stories I’ve missed! As always, I can’t wait for more! 

If you’re still taking requests, and you’re interested, i would love a story where Ice and slider have returned home from a deployment and are so tired they don’t notice a sick Mav trying to help them get situated state side again (bonus points if Mav sleeps on the couch/another room once the pair fall asleep) 

No worries at all! Welcome back! I can add this to the list! Be on the lookout. I always post the prompt before the fic. XOXO

On 10/22/2022 at 4:42 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

That was awesome! It was everything and more that I was hoping for! Definitely going to be one of my go to parts (though I reread all of these anytime I have a free minute). You really outdid yourself. Thanks so much! Absolutely the best!

I'm so glad you liked it! XOXOXOXO

"Could you do a fic where Ice catches a pretty messy cold for the first time after he and Slider first start dating and Ice is embarrassed about it but Slider reassures him and takes care of him and shows him the kindness and love that he isn’t used to."

Hell yes I can XOXO

I Want You, All of You

Ice liked his personal space. Slider also liked Ice's personal space. So when Ice started to catch a cold, Slider was the first to notice. The thing to remember about Ice, is that he keeps everything to himself. No one even knew he was feeling sick except Slider, who was watching every nose wiggle, scrunch, and sniff like a hawk. It started with Ice excusing himself to the bathroom more than usual and coming back with a pink tint to his nose. Then he could faintly hear Ice hitching and holding back sneezes during their lessons. He was so quiet that no one knew he masked sneezing with rubbing his eyes; everyone assuming he was tired and trying to stay awake. 

Now Slider found himself walking to Ice's apartment, carrying a walgreens bag and takeout, knocking on his door.

Ice opened the door, looking confused, "Ron?" 

"Hey, handsome," he invited himself in and put the stuff on his counter, "Thought you could use some company."

"Oh," Ice put on a smile, "i'm sorr-"

"Nope," Slider turned around and snaked his arms around Ice's waist, "I know what you're apologizing for, and i'm not having it." 

"The place isn't clean-"

"It's fucking spotless, baby," Slider kissed his forehead, frowning at the fever, "I brought take out. Specifically soup," he saw Ice start to blush, "It's cold outside and I thought it would be comforting." 

Ice looked up at him, surprised he didn't say something else, "thank you."

"Always," Slider watched as Ice scrunched his nose up and sniffed, "Movie night?" 

"I don't have any-" Ice stopped mid sentence when Slider pulled out DVDs, "ok." 

"Go lay down," Slider patted his hip, "I'm going to heat up the soup and join you." 

"I can do th-hih-at," Ice hitched softly, would there have been any background sound, Slider probably would not have heard it, but it was dead silent, "You s'hh'it." 

Slider raised a brow, "Tom. We've talked about this." 

Ice winced and rubbed his nose, "what?" 

"Not mad, baby," Slider lifted Ice's chin up so he could get a good look at him, "don't hold back on my account."

"Hold back wh'hah-" Ice's eyelashes fluttered and he moved out of Slider's reach and rubbed his nose, stopping the tickle.

"Babe-"

"I'm fine." 

Slider took a breathe, trying not to sigh, "baby," he walked over, took off his shirt, and pulled Ice into him.

Ice had been facing away, not having seen Slider take off his shirt until he was turned around, "why-?" 

"Because-" Slider took Ice's hands and made Ice touch his abs, "it's a great distraction." 

Ice's eyes immediately glazed over as he touched Slider.

"You know I like it," he moved Ice's hands down, now playing with the hem of his jeans, "you don't ever have to hold back for me." 

"I know," Ice sniffled and scrunched his cute nose up, "I just don't want to-" 

"Sneeze?" Slider watched how Ice's nose twitched at the word, "go on. You'll feel so much better once you've sneezed." 

"st'hah..." Ice hitched silently, eyes closing.

"Just let it out," Slider ran a finger down Ice's bridge, mouth going dry.

"HIih-" Ice took a sharp intake of breath before throwing his hands up towards his face and stifling, "Hengxt-gnxt-gnxt-gnxt-gnxt-gnxt-gnxt-gnxt-gnxt-gnxt-gnxcht!" 

"Aw," Slider pulled Ice's hands down, "you're too stuffy to stifle." 

Ice blushed and looked down, "id's gross." 

"I don't think so," Slider put his hands on Ice's cheeks and rubbed his sinuses with his thumbs, "Stop holding back before I have to make you." 

"I hate it," Ice coughed lightly, clearly holding back another set of sneezes, "deed ti'huuh..' 

"I know you're hearing your dad's voice in the back of your head, but I need you to drown him out with mine. You are not gross, you're sick." He saw Ice ready to argue, "I've known you were getting sick the second you woke up three days ago and didn't immediately jump out of bed. I know you, Thomas Kazansky. Now just sneeze. You'll feel so much better if you just let them out." 

Ice lifted his hands back up to his face and sneezed without stifling, "Itxch-itdxch-idsch-idsch-idsch-idsch-idsch-idsch-isxch-ixch-ixch-ixchii!" 

When Ice didn't immediately put his hands down, he knew it was messy. Instead of chastising him like Ice was expecting, Slider just kissed his forehead and grabbed him the tissues from the table.

"Dtsxch'ii," Ice bent over slightly, just shy of smacking into Slider's chest.

"Bless you, baby," Slider handed him some tissues and got a very brief glimpse of the wetness under Ice's nose before it was covered with the tissues. The blow was just as thick as his sneezes and Slider knew he must be miserable.

After a few more tissues, Ice felt ok to breathe again and walked to the sink to wash his hands, "that was so gross." 

"No," Slider wrapped his arms around him from behind and kissed his shoulders, "it's a perfectly normal, sneezy, head cold. You're body really needed that." 

"Still gross," Ice finished and wiped his hands dry, "what did you mean by 'make me'?" 

Slider chuckled lightly before turning Ice around, "you're nose is very sensitive. It's super easy to set you off." 

"Oh," Ice sniffed and cleared his throat, "you're really ok with all of this." 

Slider just pressed his body against Ice's, "you feel that?" 

"Yes," Ice looked down, blushing, "you really like this." 

"I really like you," Slider bent down and kissed Ice's lips, "let me take care of you." 

Ice's eyes widened a little, "what?" 

"Let me," he kissed his lips again, "take care," another kiss, "of you."

"It's just a cold," Ice looked anywhere but at Slider.

"Thank you for acknowledging that you're sick," Slider kissed him again in reward, "but that means you need some TLC. That's 'tender love' and 'care', which I know if completely foreign to you." 

"Gee, thanks." 

"You know it's true," Slider started kissing all over his face, "do you accept to being taken care of?" 

"I-" Ice was hesitant. It was true, he had never really been taken care of before he met Slider, "i'm apprehensive." 

"I know, and that's ok," Slider pulled back a little, "We can go slow. We'll start off with some soup and see how the night takes us. If you're feeling up to it, I'd love to hold you and give you comfort. I brought you some medicine to help ease that pain in your head, and-" he paused, "I know this is a big one," he kissed his lips, "you don't ever need to stifle with me. You can just be all sick and loud and messy as you need to be."

Ice started to roll his ankles funny, "That's not... appropriate." 

"I'm your boyfriend, not your dad," Slider kissed his forehead, "this is what you do for the people you love. You deserve to be pampered and held and kissed until you're breathless and satisfied."

"What if you get sick?" 

"Then I get sick," Slider shrugged, "You've always taken care of me. It's your turn to be the sickie. Now act like one, please."

"How does one 'act si' hiih.." Ice furrowed his brow when he felt the itch, hating how his body was answering his question for him, "hiih..hehhh."

"Don't hold it back," Slider rubbed his side, hoping to calm him down.

"hiih-" Ice gave in and lifted his elbow, "Hudschiew!" he winced when he felt the congestion shift, "Tdsch-tdch-tdxch-tdxch-tdxch-tdxch-tdxch-" he hitched a little, embarrassed that he could feel some snot leaking onto his top lip, "heh'kgiew-kgiew-kgiew-kgiew-kgiew!" 

"Bless you," Slider took some tissues and wiped Ice's upper lip then his nose, "i'm not afraid of your germs."

Slider was still wiping his nose when Ice sneezed again, "hah'Kgiew-kgiew hiih'tdsxchiew!" there was now a line of snot from Slider's hand to Ice's nose, mortifying Ice.

"Bless you," Slider just grabbed more tissues and wiped his nose again before giving him some extra so he could blow his nose, "was I too soft?" 

"How are you dnot grossed oud?" Ice blew his nose, only to cough as he was stuffed up.

"I don't mind," he shrugged, threw the used tissues away and washed his hands, "it's just some mucus. Add a little soap and it's like nothing happened. No big deal."

"Hudxchiew!" Ice sneezed into the tissues and tried to blow his nose again, "ugh." 

"Bless you," Slider dried his hands before grabbing the soup, "why don't you go sit on the couch and relax. Maybe even take a nap. Soup will be ready in a few minutes." 

"You dond't have do sday.." 

"The only thing I have to do with taxes and die," Slider winked at him, " and if you're gutsy enough, taxes are optional." 

"You dnow what I bean." 

"I want to stay. I want to take care of you. I want to stay here with you long after you're feeling better," he came closer and kissed him, "I want  to kiss you. I want to help you with your sneezes. I want to rub your back when you're throwing up or coughing your lungs out. I want to cuddle in bed with you when you have a fever or a fit that takes over. I want to massage your head and sinuses when you have a migraine or a sinus infection. I want to be with you in sickness or in health." 

Ice's eyes got all teary and he was looking at the ceiling, trying not to cry.

"I want you. All of you. Every inch, every scar, every insecurity, every flaw," he kissed his nose.

"Tdschiew!" Ice was so taken by surprised that he sneezed onto Slider's chest, leaving a fine mist of spray, "Dschiew'dschiew..hiuh..itdschiew!" 

Slider just chuckled and kissed his forehead, "Every sneeze, every cold, every flu, everything. Ok?" 

Ice nodded softly, still shook that he just did that.

"You're so fucking cute," Slider kissed his lips, "Now. Do you want to lye down or do you want to cuddle with me by the microwave as I heat up the soup." 

"How do you cuddle standigg?" 

Slider grinned at the choice, "it's a hug that lasts super long," He pulled Ice in close and squeezed him, "you're in it now. I"m never letting you go." 

It took a minute, but eventually Ice let himself relax against Slider and really appreciate his warmth and stability. This felt really nice, "so.. dhis is whad cobfort. feels like." (So... this is what comfort feels like). 

Slider wasn't phased, "Yup," he kissed the top of his head as he waited for the soup to be done, "get used to it because from now on, comfort is going to be your new normal." 

Ice moaned and closed his eyes, "I could live with dat." 

They cuddled on the couch for the remainder of the evening, both falling asleep after the second movie. Slider's chest was covered in spray, Ice tucked into his chest, unable to do anything but sneeze openly into him. A towel lay unused by their feet, having been brought by Ice to clean the spray off of Slider's chest. Slider insisted on giving Ice a sinus massage that did wonders for his congestion, but also added to the mess on Slider; who enjoyed every second of it. Safe to say, Ice wasn't the only person being 'taken care of'.