Sneeze Fetish Forum

Top Gun (Mav x ice)

RemedyBane

It’s crazy that you’ve basically written a book on these 3! I really loves the Slider and Ife time in this one and Us getting a chance to see Goose all sneezy! Thanks for the update!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RemedyBane

• Mygyn

• Wolfwings22

• Loverofreading

That last one was so awesome as always! Loved Ice’s little fit at the end and Slider comforting him while Maverick did the same with Goose. A billion out of ten!

On 9/15/2022 at 2:55 PM, Mygyn said:

It’s crazy that you’ve basically written a book on these 3! I really loves the Slider and Ife time in this one and Us getting a chance to see Goose all sneezy! Thanks for the update!

It is right?! Like what the heck! I'm well into 60 chapters now. It is definitely a novel in of itself; but I doubt anyone would publish it lol thank you for reading!

On 9/15/2022 at 4:53 PM, Wolfwings22 said:

That last one was so awesome as always! Loved Ice’s little fit at the end and Slider comforting him while Maverick did the same with Goose. A billion out of ten!

thank you!!

TW: abuse, suicide, choking, blood.

Broken Heart, Broken Spirit

"I'm sorry, but he's out," Mav told him, while Slider was holding him from behind, as Ice's legs gave way. Without Slider holding him up, he would be on the floor and he doubted he'd ever get up. His whole by felt cold, and he was nauseous, but somehow also hot and antsy? He didn't know if he wanted to go throw up or sprint around the block until his heart gave out. 

"Baby, say something?" Slider was squeezing him hard, trying to keep him in the present, "Tom?" 

"I um.." Ice found the strength to stand up, "I need a minute," he took Slider's arms off of him and walked into the bedroom. 

The next thing he knew, his arms were bleeding and he was just so tired. He didn't remember crying or cutting his arms, but his cheeks were wet and he really wanted to go to sleep. Ironically, the sky was a beautiful blue, no clouds, and he could see the bird and the butterflies out of the window, thinking, this was a nice way to go; Nice view. The only regret he had, was not doing this in the bath-tub. How would Slider and Mav clean this up? 

Before he could answer that question, he was closing his eyes and drifted off to sleep. 

Right when he thought he was dead, he heard beeping and something making his hand hurt; I mean really hurt. It felt like his bones were going to break. This couldn't be the afterlife. Unless he went to some bad place, like hell or maybe he failed the feather test and was about to be eaten by Ammit. Either way, it couldn't be good. Opening his eyes, he saw his father, sitting there, clutching his hand so hard, the appendage was red. The more he looked at it, he realized that the red was moving; he was bleeding.

He should be freaking out right now, taking his hand back or calling for help; preferably both, yet he didn't do anything but stare.

"So you tried to take the coward's way out," his father scoffed and spit on him, "you're pathetic." 

"Says the man attacking a defenseless man on morphine." 

"You're not on morphine," his hand broke his hand and Ice gasped in pain, "never were. I wouldn't let them. See, i'm still your father. I still say what goes when you're incapacitated." 

"What.. do you.. want," He said through gritted teeth.

"I want you to know," his father leaned closer and grinned, smile not reaching his eyes, "The only person who gets to kill you, is medecide when you die. I decide how you die."

"Why do you hate me?" 

"You're a failure," his father slapped him, "You have always been a failure. You are a disgrace to this family. Your own mother killed herself after seeing what a fuck up her son turned out to be. She couldn't bare the shame. You killed your mother." 

"What?" Ice felt like he couldn't breathe, "she.. she's dead?" 

"Don't pretend that you don't know," his father looked even angrier and stood up, instantly putting his hands on Ice's neck, squeezing tightly, "You kill her. YOU killed my wife." 

"Pl--se," Ice fought back weakly, trying to get his father to let go of his neck, "D-ad." 

"YOU KILLED MY WIFE!" His father released his hands only to start wailing on him. After each punch his body convulsed, like he was being pushed or moved; it didn't make sense, "I HATE YOU!" 

Now that his father had let go, he realized that his neck was bleeding. Why was that bleeding? he didn't hit him there? Or stabbed him in any way. All of a sudden, his father's big hands were around his throat, hiding the bloody wounds that appeared out of nowhere. even though his father's weight was on his throat, he was still moving like a push.

It wasn't until he was on the brink of passing out, his eyes opened. 

"Tom!" Slider was holding Ice hands, now awake in bed while Mav tried to shake Ice awake, "Come on, wake up!" 

Mav hated when Slider yelled like this. He knew he was being loud in hopes of waking Ice up, but it still freaked him out to hear that kind of fear in his voice, "Ice, please honey." 

Ice opened his eyes, coughing harshly and sitting up like he got a jolt of electricity. Instead of looking at either of them, he forced Slider to let go of his hands and clumsily crawled out of bed, falling to the floor and crawling to his phone, immediately dialing his mom's phone number.

"Tom?" She answered, clearly upset about being woken up so early, "Thomas? Are you there?" 

Ice instantly calmed down, realizing now that this was all a dream. Well, a nightmare.

"Thomas Kazansky if you don't answer me right this minute i'm hanging up." 

Ice tried to speak but only a croak came out and he let himself fall back to the ground when she hung up. Now that he knew she was alive, he just started crying into the carpet, completely unaware that Slider and Maverick were watching him from the bed. 

"Baby?" Slider knelt down, tentatively rubbing Ice's back as he started coughing again, "you had a pretty nasty nightmare." 

"Ice, you're bleeding," Mav was standing by the bed, too afraid to move, staring at the blood on Ice's neck and arms.

Ice got some sense of clarity and looked down at the arm he broke in the dream, only to find long and angry red scratched all over it, some bleeding. He slowly touched his neck, fingers coming back bloody. Did he choke himself in his sleep? Claw himself?

"Ice, can you look at me?" Slider sounded so soft and worried, but calm and accepting.

Ice tried to swallow and found it a bit difficult, "Did I.." he cleared his throat, gesturing to his throat.

Slider took Ice's hands again, "you were crying in you sleep." 

"And screaming," Mav sounded disturbed, scared, and most importantly, worried out of his mind. 

"What-?" he voice cracked and he coughed again.

"just.. 'please' and 'dad'," Mav sounded on verge of tears, "you had another nightmare about that day?" 

Ice shook his head, it wasn't about that day, but about something that never happened. A new scenario.

"Do you want to move to the couch?" Slider kissed Ice's knuckles.

"What..did I...do?" He could tell that Slider was against telling him, but he pleaded anyway; he needed to know.

"I woke up to you screaming and," Slider paused, not wanting to vocalize it, "It doesn't matter-" 

"Ron." 

Slider made an uncomfortable movement, rolling his shoulders and moving his head to the side, "Ok.." He took a breathe, "you were choking yourself.. When I tried to make you let go, you sunk your nails into your neck and.. cut yourself." 

Ice felt sick. 

"It's ok," Slider put Ice's hands on his chest, "but I think you could use some of your meds right now, ok? We can take them and get some water, take some time to calm down?" 

Ice nodded, not making eye contact. Ever since his father choked him out in his office, he was prescribed PTSD medicine to help with his panic attacks at night. He was going to military mandated therapy, grounded until he was considered 'stable'. Of course, he was stable-enough to still work, but they didn't want him in the air yet. He used to be frustrated with the idea of meds, but the nightmares had just gotten worse and now he just wanted to get better. 

Mav was still just standing there, not sure if Ice would even be ok with him hugging him.

"Ok," Slider kissed his hands again before standing up and helping Ice up, trying not to cry as Ice hugged him and buried his face in his chest, "it's going to be ok." His voice cracked a little, tears slipping down his cheeks.

"I'll get his meds," Mav slipped out of the bedroom and into the kitchen, turning on the kettle and getting a glass of water. 

"Can I carry you to the couch?" 

Ice nodded fast, body shaking as he cried again.

"Ok, baby," Slider picked him up bridal style and held him so close. He had been to a few of those therapy sessions with Ice. Ice would get panic attacks in the session just talking about it and when Slider had heard him the first time, burst through the door and held Ice close. The therapist asked him to stay, seeing that he was the protector and Ice felt safe when he was there, "I've got you." 

Ice was still crying when they were on the couch, shakily taking the pills and swallowing some water. He almost dropped the glass, but Mav was hovering his hands near, catching it before it could even spill.

"It's ok," Mav put the glass on the table and started to clean up his wounds, giving each bandage a kiss when he was done, "you're ok. you're safe, you're home." 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Slider kissed the top of his head and closed his eyes when he felt Ice start to shake again, "ok, we don't have to talk. It's ok. Just breathe with me." 

They sat on that couch until the morning sun came up. By then, Ice had fallen back asleep against Slider, but any kind of movement woke him up. The three of them spent the rest of their sleep on the couch. 

When they woke up the next morning, Ice refused to eat, saying that he still felt nauseous from his nightmare and stayed curled up on the couch, pretending to be asleep. Slider was released when they first wake up, but he hated it. He wanted Ice to pull him back in and hold onto him until he felt safe in his own home again; but he didn't. Ice just kept saying he was tired. 

Mav didn't know what to do either, Ice wasn't like this; ever. Sure, he didn't like to talk at the best of times, but he was a busy body. He didn't ever want to sleep in or sit down for a movie. He was always trying to do something, whether that be cleaning or cooking or answering emails. He didn't know what to do with an Ice that wouldn't move.

"Please, you need to eat something," Slider bent down by the couch, trying to meet Ice's eyes, but he refused to move them from the spot on the rug he was fixated on, "some crackers? cheese? rice?" 

"Celery? Carrots?" Mav chimed in, hoping something healthy would sound more appealing to Ice, "I can go get you something from the store or a restaurant? you name it." 

Ice just shook his head and closed his eyes, telling both of them he was done talking. 

Slider felt like Ice might as well have ripped his heart out of his chest and throw it in a fire. At least that way, Ice would have to move. 

"Sli, maybe we should give him a minute alone," Mav tugged at Slider's shirt, seeing the heartbreak in his eyes. 

Eventually Slider nodded and walked outside of the house with Maverick, both sitting on the porch, staring at nothing in particular.

"He'll be ok," Mav rubbed Slider's back, "he's still wrapping his head around that shit. No one expects their own parent to try to kill them. Parents are suppose to love you, not hurt you." 

"In my head I know he'll be ok. That maybe in a day or two he'll smile at us and tell us he's ok, eat and drink and talk again. But my heart-" his hand hovered over his chest, "It's really scared." 

"You've said it yourself, he's your better half. That's what you told me when we first met," Mav squeezed Slider's hand, "his pain is your pain. Your heart is in pain." 

"God," Slider rubbed his chest with his free hand, "I feel like i'm having a heart attack." 

"are you exaggerating or-" 

"Exaggerating," Slider squeezed Mav's hand, "just can't breathe when he's like this." 

"I know," Mav moved so he was better facing him and wiped the tears from his eyes, "Ice is going to be fine. He's Ice. He's always ok in the end." 

"I just need him to show me he's going to be ok-" Slider looked up when he heard he door open and felt like someone was out there listening, hearing what he needed.

Ice walked out and came towards them, sleeves over his hands, eyes stuck on the floor. 

"Hi," Mav smiled, taking this as a good sign, slightly amused with how Ice's eyes glanced slightly towards him, still looking at the floor, "miss us?" 

Ice nodded, clearly trying very hard not to touch his neck and arms.

"Come here, baby," Slider tried to hide the tears in his eyes, but smiled when Ice crawled into his lap, burying his face in his neck and moved his feet to take one of Mav's legs, weakly pulling him closer.

"I'm coming," Mav scooted closer, legs touching Slider's, and took Ice's legs in his lap, slowly massaging them, "we've got you." 

Ice let out a soft sob, hand bunching back up in Slider's shirt.

"Sh, it's ok," Slider started kissing his head again, letting his lips linger after each one, "you're safe." Slider started to cry again, holding Ice a bit tighter, "I love you so much. so so much." 

Mav didn't realize he had started crying too. This kind of love they all had for each other was something he never thought he was capable of. He had other partners in the past, but nothing came even close to this. He felt so protective of this love. Their feelings were his feelings. Their pain was his pain. Their scars were his scars. And he wouldn't have it any other way. 

"I love you, Ice," Mav never really called him Tom. Tom was what his parents named him, but Ice was who he really was: the best, "you're safe here. I promise, you're safe here."

"tired.. of being.. scared," Ice whispered, half muffled by Slider's neck.

"I know, baby," Slider rubbed his back again, "I know." 

"You're so brave," Mav swallowed thickly, "you're amazing. I'm so proud of you." 

At 'proud' Ice started sobbing again. That was always a compliment that left him in tears. He never heard that growing up from people he loved. Maybe from teachers or evaluations from the military; but it was only until he met SLider and Mav did he heard it with love. God, "love" really is a four letter word for him and, while grammatically incorrect, so is "proud". 

"We are so proud of you," Slider's voice was so soft, clearly trying to hold back his own sobs, "I fucking wish you heard that all your life. I wish 'I love you' was something you could really believe and wasn't some ploy to gaslight you. I wish you knew how fucking amazing you are." 

Mav saw how chocked up Slider was getting and squeezed his hand, saying he would finish, "I wish you could see your body from our eyes. I wish you were told how smart you are. I wish you were safe. I wish you could feel how much we love you. If I could take away your pain, I would and I'd never regret it for a second. I would, every single time."

"I know," Ice coughed lightly, "I know how much you love me... both of you." 

"No," Slider buried his face in Ice's hair, "Whatever you're thinking, double it... triple it." 

"Multiply it by infinity," Mav laughed slightly when he saw Ice's mouth twitch, "is that like some mathematical error?" 

"Infinity isn't a real number... It's hypothetical.. you might as well divide by 0." 

"ah, it's math slang," Mav smiled when Ice laughed, "well, i'm going to take that as you can't calculate our love because it'll break the machine. It's imperceivable."

"I can work with that," Ice sniffed and seemed to calm down, "I love you too." 

"We know," Slider started to kiss his face as Ice came back up, "you show us every single day, every hour, every minute-"

"Every second," Mav rolled his eyes, "that's a bit too cheesy even for me." 

"still true," Slider kissed Ice's lips lightly before using his thumb to wipe his tears away, "I could never say I love you enough." 

"you're enough," Ice rested his head against Slider's shoulder, "more than enough." 

"So are you," Mav started massaging his calf muscles, "do you wanna go back to the couch? Take a nap?" 

Ice shook his head, "bed." 

"Are you sure?" Mav looked worried.

"Feel dizzy," Ice rubbed his eyes, coughing slightly, "my head is spinning." 

"It was a lot to handle today," Slider touched his forehead, "little bit of a fever too." 

"Emotional turmoil will do that to you," Mav had started on Ice's feet, "I think we could all use a shower and some rest." 

"Can I eat something first?" Ice blushed, looking down.

"Absolutely," Slider tried not to look so excited.

"Toast?" Mav waited for Ice to nod before getting up, "come in when you're ready. I've got it." 

After Mav gave Ice a kiss, he ran inside, very excited that Ice was eating; even asking  for food. That was practically unheard of on good days. 

Before Slider picked Ice back up again to go inside after Mav, he closed his eyes and thanked whoever was listening for Ice. Not just pushing Ice to healing, but Ice entirely. He thanked them/her/it for their meeting, their partnership, their love, everything. He really was the glue to their relationship and his whole world. He couldn't imagine a life without Ice, and he was grateful for him every single day. 

"Are you ok?" Ice looked up at him, apology in his eyes.

Slider kissed Ice's lips and smiled, "i'm just grateful, baby." 

Ice furrowed his brow, "for what?" 

Slider smiled and kissed him again, lowering his voice so that Ice could barely hear him, raw emotion coming to his voice "you." 

and Ice believed him.

Edited by RemedyBane

This was incredible! As someone who unfortunately frequently has nonverbal episodes as well you did so well in showing that it’s not an unwillingness to talk but not having the power to. It was amazing and loved all the positive talk going around with all of them especially when it was clear Ice’s mind was going somewhere else. Loved it as always!

On 9/17/2022 at 10:23 PM, Wolfwings22 said:

This was incredible! As someone who unfortunately frequently has nonverbal episodes as well you did so well in showing that it’s not an unwillingness to talk but not having the power to. It was amazing and loved all the positive talk going around with all of them especially when it was clear Ice’s mind was going somewhere else. Loved it as always!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you so much. I understand that state all too well, but i'm not one to get personal. XOXO

So There's This Guy...

The sun was still up, rays coming in through the curtains the only light in the room. Ice was laying in bed, staring at the dust particles that flew in between the rays; letting himself get a little lost in the soft glow. He was having a bad day, not able to move much beyond walking to the bathroom and back. The chemo really did a number on him and he just didn't have the strength to walk alone. Of course, Mav and Slider were there, ready to help whenever he needed it, and always checking in on him. It was sweet, and he loved them for it, but he was just so sleepy. A small part of him worried that if he fell asleep, he wouldn't wake up, but he knew he wasn't going to die; at least not yet. The doctors were hopeful for a full recovery, but right now he just wanted to sleep until this was all over.

There was a knock on his door, which he thought was odd. Mav and Slider didn't knock; they just barged in. It's not like Ice had anything to hide. The worst thing he could be doing was trying to sit up by himself. WIth a soft cough he cleared his throat, "come in." He tried to sound like the admiral he was, but it was nothing more than a croak.

"Hey, Ice," Rooster walked into the room, looking like he wasn't sure if he was allowed it, "made you some tea." 

Ice blinked a few times, not having expected Rooster, his baby goose, to be there, "Roo?" 

Rooster looked up quickly and smiled, "yeah, it's me, pop." 

Ice smiled ever so slightly, finding the strength to sit up alone and lean against the headboard, "you're here?" 

"Where else would I be?" Rooster came in officially, walking towards the bed and handing Ice the mug of tea, "I put honey in it. I know you prefer things black, but dad- Mav said you had a cough," Rooster rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Thank you," Ice very lightly squeezed Rooster's arm, seeing the concern in Bradley's face after the touch, "I'm not as weak as I seem." 

"you're never weak," Bradley was blinking fast.

"I am," he coughed a bit with his mouth closed, "but you're not here to check on my recovery." 

"Mav said you're sick," Roo glanced back at him, before getting the courage to touch Ice's forehead, "you have a fever again." 

"So i've been told," Ice took Rooster's hand and held it in his own, "Just.. a cold." 

"Nothing's 'just' anything anymore," Rooster looked away, "I came to make sure you're ok." 

"No you didn't," Ice squeezed his hand a bit tighter this time, "I know Maverick has sent you texts every hour about my wellbeing. So has Slider," He sipped his tea as his throat tickled, "something's bothering you." 

"You can barely talk, pop-" 

"I can listen," Ice nudged Rooster slightly, "come sit under the covers. You're shivering." 

"I am?" Rooster looked at his shaking hand and frowned, "forgot a jacket." 

"You always.. do," Ice frowned and took his other hand in his, trying to warm him up, "you look frozen." 

"I'm not that cold," Rooster blushed when Ice ran a hand over the goosebumps on his arms, "ok.. I'll come in- don't move," He pointed at Ice as he got up and removed his shoes and socks, crawling onto the other side of the bed and crawling in, but left a bit of distance between Ice and himself, "before you say it, I'm not afraid of catching your cold," Rooster glanced at Ice through his peripherals, "I'm just freaking out a little." 

"What happened?" Ice pulled his hands a little, silently telling him he can come closer if he was ready.

"Drink your tea," Rooster rubbed his face, "you sound awful." 

"thank you," Ice said sarcastically.

"defense mechanism," Rooster leaned back and slide fully under the covers, "ughh." 

"I don't speak disgruntled mumbling," Ice put a hand on Rooster's forehead, pushing his hair back.

"There's this guy.." 

"hm?" 

"You can't tell Mav.. or Sli," Rooster groaned and moved onto his side, facing Ice, "Why is this bed so warm?" 

"fever," He pointed to himself.

"Riiiight," Rooster nodded, "It's a bad thing, but this feels so good." 

"You're deflecting." 

"ok ok ok," Rooster buried his face in the pillow, "this guy is the most frustrating man in the world. His call sign is literally based on how he leaves people behind. I should hate him with every fiber of my being!" 

"but you don't," Ice's face softened.

"Yeah! But after he saved Mav and I, I just can't get him out of my head. Is this some hero syndrome? LIke I only like him after he saved me?" 

"I doubt it," Ice coughed a little and sipped his tea, "You have the same look I had when I fell in love with Maverick." 

"I"m screwed then," he slammed his face in the pillow.

"No," Ice moved his arm up to cough into it, trying to muffle the sound; hoping his loves don't hear him and rush in.

"I know he saved me, but he still doesn't realize how important it is to work as a team. He's not going to change because I like him. That's a ridiculous thing to believe! I can't change Mav like you did." 

"I didn't change Mav," Ice was a little surprised by how Rooster wanted his input, usually he was just an ear, "Mav has always been what he is now, but with more experience." 

"But he listens to you-" 

"Only after he realized the path he was going down would do more harm than good. I did not tell him to change, he did it for himself." 

"but you said he didn't change," Rooster raised a brow.

"Not in the sense of a clean slate. He learned from his experiences and evolved." 

"That's the same thing?" 

"No," Ice coughed again, "Changing someone completely, gets rid of who they really are in their hearts, their soul, their mind. Mav has always wanted everyone to come home safe while going against orders; he still does this. But the way he goes about it is far safer than before. He still has the same heart, but he thinks things through móre-" Ice's voice cracked and he started coughing again into his arm, harshly enough for Rooster to sit up and rub his back while holding him steady.

"We can talk about this when you're better-"

"i'm.. alright-" 

"What happened?!" Maverick slid in, literally; almost tripping on where the carpet met the hardwood floors, "Bradley? When did you get here?" 

"Like, 5 minutes ago?" Rooster helped Ice rest back against the headboard when his fit was over, frowning at the sheen of sweat on Ice's brow, "I think his fever is worse." 

"yeah, it's been up and down all day," Mav frowned and kissed Ice's forehead after wiping it with a damp cloth that he had sitting on the nightstand in a bowl of ice water, "my poor, man." 

"I hate pity-" Ice coughed a bit into Maverick's chest, too tired to raise his arms.

"Not pity, sympathy," Maverick held Ice for the fit, kissing his head a bunch of times, "Do you want me to get Sli? You're all tense." 

"Let him.. rest," Ice panted slightly and let Maverick lean him down, "He's.. tired." 

"He's never tired," Mav tucked him in, "He was made of caffeine." 

"I can hear his snoring from here, Mav," Bradley made a face.

"Not helping, kiddo," Mav kissed Ice's forehead, "you know he'll wake up and run here if you asked him too." 

"Not... asking," Ice looked over at Bradley, frowning.

"Don't look at me like that," Bradley kissed his forehead, "Pops, just rest. We can talk about this when you feel better, ok?" 

Ice was reluctant, but any strength he had left with that last fit and he fell asleep before he could answer; practically passing out.

"What were you guys talking about?" 

"It's nothing?" Bradley tried to get out of the bed but Mav stopped him, "What?" 

"Stay with him," Mav made Bradley lay down, "take a nap. I know you haven't been sleeping well." 

"What if he wakes up sick?" 

"You'll hear him, and if not, I'm right outside." 

"I'm not tired-" Bradley was cut off by a yawn.

"Sleep," Mav ruffled his hair, "we'll let you both talk over dinner, alright?" 

"Fine," Bradley closed his eyes, "For Pops." 

"For Pops, of course," Mav nodded and turned off the lights.

The sun had set before Ice woke up, seeing Bradley sleeping besides him and smiled, bending down to kiss his forehead. Feeling significantly better than he had earlier, he slowly got out of bed, grabbed his cane and walked out of the bedroom, finding Maverick a few feet away who, bless him, ran over and took his free arm.

"You should be in bed," Mav kissed his cheek and walked with him over to where Slider was still fast asleep.

"I miss you," Ice teased and squeezed his arm, "besides, the kid needs some sleep." 

"Well, I think Slider missed you too," He gestured towards Slider's position, "clearly he left space for you, riiiight there." 

Before Ice could argue, he was being sat down between Slider's legs, and Slider, who was still asleep, instinctively wrapped his arms around Ice and pulled him to his chest.

"See, now he looks comfortable," Mav whispered before sitting on the couch, "Still got another hour before you can have more meds, if you want to sleep." 

"No, I just want to be with you two." 

"Aww, baby," Mav crawled over and started kissing Ice, "I'm waking Slider up." 

"I'm up-" Slider yawned and nuzzled into Ice's neck, "how are you feeling, Ice?" 

"I'm fine-"

"Which is Ice for awful," Mav frowned and kissed his forehead, "hm, warmer than before." 

"Roo is in the room asleep," Ice sniffed and scrunched his nose up, "control yourselves." 

"How?" Slider started kissing along his neck, "stop being so delicious, and i'll control myself." 

"I swear if Roo wasn't here, I'd-" Mav stopped when he heard the bedroom door open, quickly pulling back and leaning against the opposite side of the couch, "Hey, kid." 

Slider stopped kissing him too and leaned back, just holding Ice in a sitting position.

"Hi," Rooster rubbed the sleep from his eyes and walked over, "Why are you out of bed?" 

"Exercise." 

"Very funny," Rooster sat down on the chair opposite of the couch, "feeling ok?" 

"Great." 

"Too many one word answers, Pops," Rooster looked at him, "I'll go make some soup-" 

"Already ordered," Mav pointed and gestured for Rooster to sit back down, "ya gonna tell us what's got you so upset?" 

"Did you read me or did Ice say something?" 

"Ice is locked tighter than fort knox," Mav rolled his eyes, "I read your face, Bradley."

"Fine. I think I like Hangman." 

"Figured that out the first time I saw him back in the bar," Mav leaned back, "he was all over you." 

"What?" Rooster looked confused.

"He was playing 'slow rider' to irritate you." 

"So?" 

"That's his game-" Mav looked at Ice, hoping he would explain it.

"If you're all worked up, you won't notice the subtle hints that he is attracted to you," Ice sighed, "Maverick did the same thing with Slider." 

"And you," Slider kissed the back of Ice's head, "but you were harder to distract." 

"I don't like distractions," Ice closed his eyes again, still conscious.

"Too fucking observant," Mav kissed Ice's hand, "there's a reason his stare is legendary." 

"He sees into your very soul," Slider squeezed his middle, kissing his cheek.

"We are off topic," Ice opened his eyes and looked at Bradley, "It is normal to be confused. On paper, he is not someone you'd go for, but you're seeing something else in him, in person, that you like." 

"There's nothing about him to like!" 

"He's got a nice smile," Mav shrugged, "Great pilot, nice features-" 

Ice cleared his throat, a little jealous.

"I"m just saying.. objectively." 

"Two aint enough for ya," Slider kicked him lightly.

"Hey, we're talking about Bradley." 

"Hm," Ice rolled his eyes before looking at Rooster, "What do you like about him?" 

"I don't know," Bradley raised his arms in frustration before letting them fall against him, "he's so arrogant and frustrating. He could be an amazing pilot if he's just get his head out of his own ass and care about those around him. I mean, in training, he left his wingman in the dust to die. He only cared about getting his part done. It's infuriating!" 

"But he saved us," Mav leaned forward, hands clasped in his lap, "He asked twice to come help us. He cared then." 

"That's what I don't understand, did he do that for credit? To show he's useful?" 

"Or..?" Ice raised a brow.

"Or what-?" Rooster stopped and stared at Ice, "you think he cared." 

"the arrogance is a facade; a distraction." Ice shivered lightly, closing his eyes.

Rooster got up quickly, grabbing a blanket and laying it over Ice, relaxing when Ice looked grateful, "I think you're wrong." 

"Maybe," Ice smiled slightly, "but you will never know unless you try." 

"You want me to ask him out?!" 

"Worst thing he can say is 'no'," Ice's forehead had a crease in it, clearly worried with how uncomfortable Rooster looked.

"Or he could use it to make fun of me for the rest of my life-" The doorbell rang and Rooster stood up quickly, "Soup's here." 

"I just ordered a few minutes ago?" Mav looked confused and walked with Rooster towards the door. 

When the opened it, it was hard to keep their face's neutral, both shocked to see Hangman there.

"Hey," Jake waved, "I was driving around, thought I'd check on you." 

"How did you know I was here?" 

"I saw your car, jackass," Jake rolled his eyes, "look, Phoenix mentioned you were worried about something, and I wanted to see if it was.. because of the mission." 

Rooster's face relax and he moved, "Do you want to come in?" 

"Uh, sure," Jake grinned and walked in, nodding at Mav, "old man." 

"Bagman," Mav winked before walking to the kitchen, "coffee?" 

"No, i'm good thanks," Jake put his hands in his pocket, uncharacteristically nervous.

"The mission was weeks ago," Rooster raised a brow.

"Hey, PTSD comes when it comes," Jake looked him up and down, "but you look.. relaxed." 

"I wasn't worried because of that," Rooster took a breathe, "my uncle is sick." 

"The cancer is back?" Jake actually looked really nervous.

"Been back for months," Was that.. concern? "He's going through chemo, but caught some bug." 

"Is he ok?" Jake looked around, not seeing anyone.

"Yeah," Rooster tilted his head, "Do you know who my uncle is or something?' 

"No? Is he military?" 

"Yeah," Rooster was really confused, "Do you actually care about him? Or are you doing this to get something from me." 

"What exactly would I want with you?" 

"You actually care, why?" 

"Because you do?" Jake raised a brow, "Look, we might not see eye to eye most of the time, and I get it. But I don't wish you grief." 

"He's not gonna die," Rooster looked a little angry.

"Hey, no," Jake put his hands up, "not implying anything. Definitely not trying to wind you up; that's just for show." 

"For show?" 

"Yeah," Jake rolled his eyes, "I needed you to hate me, so you'd do your best on this mission. I needed you to get out of your own head and be a great pilot. Sitting on the nest of yours was only going to get you killed. But now, it's over, and we have nothing to compete over. I genuinely wanted to see if you were ok."

Rooster was so floored, he almost backed away. It was an awkward few seconds, before Mav came in with tea, "Roo, go give this to our resident sickie." mav handed Rooster a cup of hot tea.

"Oh, ok," Rooster took the cup and turned on his heels, going over to the living room where Slider and Ice were.

"Is he ok?" 

"Rooster or his uncle?" 

Jake saw the gleam in Mav's eyes, "What?" 

"Are you asking if Roo is ok? Or are you asking about his uncle." 

"His uncle," Jake frowned, "am I supposed to know who that is?" 

Mav took a breathe and looked around the house at the many family pictures, "not the most observant are ya," Mav laughed and walked to the living room, "babe, you alright meeting Hangman?" 

Ice coughed a bit, but stood up with Slider's help, "not my best first impression." 

"nonsense," Mav came closer and kissed Ice, "you are just as handsome as the first day I met you." 

"You're a terrible liar," Ice kissed him back before allowing Bradley to help him walk to the main foyer.

Jake watched in horror as Bradley helped Admiral Iceman Kazansky toward him and immediately started saluting, "Sir, Admiral Sir!" 

"Not in my own house," Ice leaned into Rooster, "and not while i'm not dressed properly." 

Jake put his hand down and looked at Ice, who was in flannel pants and a sweater with glasses on, "sir, you don't lose your admiral status because you're sick, sir." 

"That's true," SLider came in, very aware that Jake's eyes widened.

"You're Slider Kerner..." 

"My real name is Ron, but Slider works best," He grinned and wrapped his arms around Ice from behind, "forgive our appearance-" 

"If this is your sick clothes, I'm afraid to see what you look like dressed up." 

"I'll take that as a compliment," Slider kissed Ice's forehead.

"It was sir," Jake glared at Rooster, "keeping this a secret?" 

"No," Rooster shrugged and held Ice more firmly, "you never asked." 

"Are you going to tell me you're related to Cyclone now too?" 

"Who?" Iceman looked confused.

Jake stifled his laugh, "How did you ever look that admiral in the face, Bradshaw!" 

"It was very hard," Bradley laughed.

"Whos is this?" 

"Admiral Beau Simpson, babe," Mav was suppressing his own grin, "He's running Top Gun." 

"HUGE fan of yours sir," Jake was grinning so big, that Ice saw the appeal now, "really really big fan." 

"I take it he talks about me?" 

"As if you're friends, sir," Jake looked at Roo, eyes shining.

"Oh," Ice looked at Maverick, "He does not know either, then." 

"It was too much fun," Mav did look a little guilty.

"hm," Ice looked at Maverick with a bit of disapproval, stopping Jake in his tracks and saluting again. 

"Sorry sir." 

"Jake, he's not looking at you," Rooster rolled his eyes, "actually, Pops, glare at Jake. I want to see him crumble." 

Jake actually looked scared.

"Jake," Ice looked over at him, eyes soft, "how about you take Rooster for the evening. I think he's had enough of us old men." 

Jake's eyes widened, "sir, I would never call you old. I was joking with Maverick, You don't-" 

Ice put up a hand, stopping Jake, "take him. Bring him home by 11." 

"yes sir." 

"Did you just ask him out for me?" Rooster looked at ice, flabbergasted, "Pops!" 

"Bradley," Ice squeezed his arm, letting go of him and taking Slider's arm, "go out and have some fun. I promise, we are not going anywhere." 

"We got Ice," Mav threw Bradley his keys, "been taking care of each other for almost 40 years. You're too young to regret opportunities." 

"I would have asked him out myself-" 

"oh, would you, Bradshaw?" Jake looked like a cat who trapped his mouse.

"Don't give me that," Bradley glared, "You're the one who came over here with a lame excuse." 

"I happen to care a lot about your uncle's health." 

"Maybe now you do," Rooster rolled his eyes and kissed Ice's forehead, "get in the car Jake before I change my mind." 

"ooh, pushy," Jake opened the door for Rooster, "it was nice meeting you all." 

"Go!" Slider shooed them out the door and locked, but not before Mav yelled, "USE A CONDOM!" 

"DAD!!" Bradley yelled back, making Slider and Mav laugh while Ice pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Come on, that was funny," Mav wrapped his arms around Ice, "we didn't get to do that in his 20s." 

"Hmm" Ice still wasn't thrilled, but leaned into him anyway.

Slider closed the curtains and smiled, "We have the house to ourselves again." 

"yes," Mav took Ice's face in his hands, "yes we do," he kissed Ice before taking off his own shirt.

"Are you sure-?" Ice gasped a bit when Slider picked him up, blushing at how effortlessly he still did this.

Slider started walking toward the bedroom, "Baby, I've been dreaming about you all day." 

This was so sweet! I loved the interactions between Ice and Rooster and how Ice talked Rooster through the feelings that he had since he experienced the same ones before. Also the way that he asks out Hangman for Rooster was pure perfection and I could totally see that happening. Once again you’ve really outdone yourself on this story and I can’t wait for more!

On 9/21/2022 at 6:53 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

This was so sweet! I loved the interactions between Ice and Rooster and how Ice talked Rooster through the feelings that he had since he experienced the same ones before. Also the way that he asks out Hangman for Rooster was pure perfection and I could totally see that happening. Once again you’ve really outdone yourself on this story and I can’t wait for more!

I"m so glad you liked it! Ice really has the best advice so of course Rooster would go to him! XOOXOOX

I wrote a "spicy" adult fic: I can't have it posted here as this isn't strictly 18+. As new chapters appear I will post the link here, just as I would any new chapter. So, check at your own risk. This is still the "main page".

I just had to write something here too. That story was so amazing and definitely will be cataloged as one of my all time favorites that you’ve written (which is a huuuuge list since I enjoy everything you write) and I can’t wait to see what you write next!

Okay!! I just read your newest chapter on A03 because I can’t access it here on the form. OMG you outdid yourself! That was so beautifully written! Also the chapter with Roo’s insecurities about Ice was so cute to read and I loved the Hangster! When Jake just showed up it was such an awww moment! 

On 9/23/2022 at 2:56 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

I just had to write something here too. That story was so amazing and definitely will be cataloged as one of my all time favorites that you’ve written (which is a huuuuge list since I enjoy everything you write) and I can’t wait to see what you write next!

Thank you so much! I was really worried about that chapter, as i'm a little rusty. 

On 9/24/2022 at 6:39 PM, Mygyn said:

Okay!! I just read your newest chapter on A03 because I can’t access it here on the form. OMG you outdid yourself! That was so beautifully written! Also the chapter with Roo’s insecurities about Ice was so cute to read and I loved the Hangster! When Jake just showed up it was such an awww moment! 

I did not expect yall to like that chapter so much! Thank you so much! XOXO

Feeling Left Out

He should not have gone for a run. It had been less than a mile before he started coughing. His nose began to run and his eyes were getting itchy. His sleeve was getting all wet from his sneezing fits and watery eyes. Instead of finishing his usual 5 mile run, he went home, coughing harshly and probably wheezing, eyes streaming and red, face hidden under his sweatshirt, "Haschiew!" he coughed as he opened the door, instantly stifling his sneezes into his elbow as to not wake up Mav or Sli. 

But alas, Maverick was already up and making coffee, staring at Ice with an amused expression, "It's allergy season." 

"No-HAcshiew!" Ice winced, "No shid, Bav." 

"You sound awful," Mav fake pouted and grabbed the tissues box before walking over to him, "Did you take your meds?" 

"hiih-" Ice nodded before taking some tissues before holding them to his face, "Hitsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itcsh-tchiew-chiew-chiew!" The nose blows that followed made his head hurt. 

"Aw, baby," Mav rubbed his back, handing him more tissues, frowning with how thick they sounded.

It took almost four rounds of tissues before Ice felt like he could breathe, "Fuck." 

"Dizzy?" Mav held him just incase, seeing how unfocused his eyes were.

"Head.. fuzzy," Ice rubbed his face and groaned, "ugh." 

"OK, you need a shower," Mav winced as he noticed the wet spots along his elbows and wrist, "maybe benadryl."

"I'b fide," Ice scrunched his nose up and walked away from Mav, walking to the shower, "Haschiew!" 

"Bless you!" Mav called after him, pouting when he saw him duck a bunch of times into his already soaked sweatshirt, "Wake Sli up then!" 

"I"m awake," Slider called from the bedroom, already coming out and hugging Ice, "aww, baby," Ice was stifling sneezes into his chest, "very bad pollen day, huh?" 

"ugh," Ice got so dizzy that he relied heavily on Slider's stability.

"Ok, we're taking a long shower and you just let it out," Slider kissed his swollen face.

"mhmm," Ice sniffed thickly and rubbed his red nose, "ok." 

"Great," Slider picked him up, not caring about how snotty his sweatshirt was.

Mav watched as they disappeared into the bathroom, and just stood there. What could he do? He couldn't cook; found that out the hard way. He couldn't make Ice comfortable enough to just let him succumb to his allergy attack. Everytime he tried to help, Ice just kept looking so embarrassed. There was no way he got like that with Slider. He would always run to him. Of course, it made sense. Slider thought this stuff was hot. Hard to be embarrassed when your boyfriend gets a hard on. 

While they showered, Mav laid down on the couch, racking his brain for anyway to help. He wished he could go out and clean the air and get rid of all the grass in the world; but that wasn't possible. Maybe this was just something he couldn't do for Ice. There's things Slider can't do for Ice, right? LIke.. uhm.. like.. Mav sighed, "like give him a migraine." 

"Who has a migraine?" Slider came out, looking very satisfied, towel wrapped around his lower half.

"Ice, probably?" 

"Why?" Slider walked over to the couch, frowning, "did something come up over email?" 

"No," Mav got up, "Is he ok?" 

"Yeah, he went to go take a nap," Slider stretched a bit, "gave him some night meds." 

"You drugged our boyfriend?" Mav tried not to smile.

"It was consensual," Slider sat down on the couch, not caring that his towel was falling apart, "What's wrong." 

"uhm, besides Ice being sick?" 

"You're not upset about that," Slider let his knee hit Mav's, "talk to me." 

"It's stupid." 

"I doubt that," Slider put an arm around him and pulled him closer, "come on, spill." 

Mav took a breathe before leaning into Slider. He was surprisingly comfortable considering all of his muscles, "just don't know how to help Ice feel better about this." 

"This?" Slider was rubbing his side, hoping to keep Mav from tensing up or becoming uncomfortable with this topic.

"Ya know, being sick or having an allergy attack. He looks like he wants to crawl into a hole and die whenever he can't stop himself from making noise. I'm his boyfriend too, why can't he be sick around me?" 

Slider just started laughing a bit, holding onto Mav and kissing his head, "aw, Mav." 

"What?!" 

"Babe, he's not afraid to be sick in front of you. Embarrassed, sure. But he can't help it."

"He's not embarrassed with you." 

"Yes he is," Slider pulled Mav into his lap and held him, "why do you think he buries his face into my chest. He knows I like it, but he's mortified the whole time. That's just how he is. He hates being sick, hates saying the word. Say the words allergic or sick in front of Ice and he tenses up. I made the mistake of telling Viper Ice was allergic to Papaya, and Ice made me sleep on the couch for a week." 

"Why?!" 

"It makes him uncomfortable. He hates the attention being sick comes with. He hates being doted on, hates being blessed after he sneezes, and hates, above all, acknowledging it." 

"His dad was one fucked up son of a bitch," Mav sighed, "so.. he's just a little more chill with you around because you find it hot?" 

"Yup," Slider kissed his head, "he would never admit this, but he melts when you give him those massages when he doesn't feel well. He loves when you run out the door to get him soup or meds." 

"I know he loves when you kiss him after a fit." 

"Makes him feel less gross," 

"He's not gross," Mav kissed Slider, "ever." 

"If you're going to have sex, you can have the bed," Ice walked out of the bedroom, looking irritated and tired, "kiew!" 

"Thought you were napping?" 

"I um..," Ice rubbed his chest and sat down on the stool by the counter, "felt.." his eyes darted around the room, finishing at the ceiling, "negative." 

"negative?" Slider urged him on, glancing at Mav, glad that Ice was accidentally proving his point.

"b..hm.." Ice stood up and pressed his hands hard against the corner of the counter, "bad." 

"Bad," Mav stood up and walked over, taking Ice's hands, frowning when Ice tensed up and moved his legs like he was antsy, "we can work with bad." 

Slider walked up behind Ice and stopped Ice from putting his foot in a painful position, "breathe, don't hurt yourself." 

"Why do you cope with pain?" Mav started to massage Ice's hands.

"I don't understand what you're asking?" Ice calmed down a bit, glancing slightly at mav through red rimmed eyes.

"you hurt yourself when things get uncomfortable, just to be able to discuss things."

"Oh," Ice bit his bottom lip hard, then stopped realizing he was doing it again, "it just feels.. like whatever i'm having trouble doing, isn't as hard? LIke If i'm focusing on the pain, I can't think about why it was hard to talk about something." 

"Then why not use something else? Like feeling something soft or fidgeting with something?"

"It's not as strong as pain," Ice shrugged, thumb tapping along the counter, "can we.. not do this?" 

"Do what, baby?" Slider kissed his head.

"Talk," Ice tried to take a deep breathe, but just ended up coughing, "panic..panicking." 

"Ok," Mav pulled Ice in and hugged him tightly, "it's ok." 

"Sorry.. sorry," Ice coughed into Maverick's shoulder, "bad.. day." 

"You're allowed to have bad days," Mav felt relieved to be included in helping Ice this time. He finally realized that it wasn't himself that made Ice uncomfortable; it was being seen. He couldn't handle looking at people when he wasn't his best. He couldn't handle the pity or the sympathy. 

"I'm going to grab some more meds from the store," Slider kissed both of their heads, "Ice, baby, go lay down on the couch with Mav and try to sleep." 

Ice nodded, burying his face in Mav's neck.

Mav could feel some wetness there, and wondered if he was crying; or his eyes were watering from the pollen. Either way, he just wanted to wrap him in a blanket and kiss him until he fell asleep; warm, loved, and comfortable.

Now that they were settled on the couch, Mav smiled down at Ice, who was buried in his chest, not so subtly rubbing his itchy nose against his hand, "still itchy?" 

Ice nodded slightly before sniffling, "I um.." 

Mav played with Ice's hair, trying to get him to relax.

"On my run," Ice was now playing with Maverick's shirt, "I hate sneezing in public." 

"Did someone say something?" 

Ice shivered before nodding, "I hate it. I hate it so much." 

"I know," Mav kissed his forehead, "maybe we should get a treadmill for the living room. SO you don't have to run in this?"

"I hate those things," Ice scrunched his nose up, "You can run with me?" 

"That's an early wake-up call." 

"True," Ice sniffed before turning away from Maverick, pulling his shirt up, "ah'heuh!"

Mav waited for a moment, frowning when Ice didn't continue, "done?" 

"Yeah," Ice sniffed and laid back down, "half sneeze." 

"What does that even mean?" Mav chuckled and pulled him back in, not letting him leave his chest.

"started to sneeze, lost it," Ice groaned and rubbed his nose against Mav's chest, "don't feel well, Mav." 

"Aw, Ice," Mav kissed his face, "you love me." 

"yes?" Ice scrunched his nose up, "what does that have to do with anything?" 

"nothing," Mav couldn't stop the grin, "just stating." 

"If i didn't love you, why would I live with you? Sleep in the same bed? Share the same man?" 

"Tell me when you're not feeling well?" Mav finished for him, before kissing his forehead again, "God, you're so cute." 

"Ah'schiew!" Ice sneezed into Mav's chest, trying to turn away at least enough not to spray skin, "schiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-schiew-schew-schew-hiew!" 

"Bless you, cutie," Mav ran a finger of Ice's nose, "got more in there?" 

"M'hah..Maveri'hih-" Ice scrunched his nose up, which turned out to be a bad idea, "Hah'Kew- Kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiewkiewkiew!" 

"aww, you're so sensitive." 

"You kdow that," Ice gave up and rubbed his itchy nose against Mav's shirt, "schiew!" 

"I love you too, by the way," Mav took the bottom of his shirt and pulled it up so he could rub underneath Ice's nose, "I'm not afraid of your snot, so stop trying to get out of this." 

"hiih-" Ice shook his head slightly before feeling something hard against his septum, "Ingxt-ingxt-ingxt-ingxt-ingxt-nxgxt-ngxt'uh." 

Mav swallowed thickly as Ice stifled against his finger, totally oblivious to the mess, "too soft?" 

"yeah," Ice sniffed thickly before closing his eyes and leaning against the couch, "dizzy." 

"probably because your head is all stuffed up," Mav wiped his finger on his shirt before pulling a blanket over Ice, "try to sleep. Slider will be home with decongestants soon." 

Ice was already asleep, mouth slightly open. Mav took a few tissues from the box on the coffee table and gently cleaned Ice's upper lip before getting comfy himself. Before he knew, he too fell asleep, smiling.

I know I basically say this after everyone but I LOVED this one so much! Definitely one of my favorites that you’ve written and I’ve already reread this one no less than a dozen times no joke. Messy sneezing Ice embarrassed about his fits in front of Maverick with Maverick helping induce him slightly for some relief is officially one of my new favorite tropes that I didn’t even know could be a thing. This story just melted my heart and definitely was the highlight of my day, especially after all the stuff going down with the hurricane and everything making things pretty stressful. But anyway you’ve more than outdid yourself once again and I wish I could just gush forever about how much I absolutely loved this installment. There just isn’t enough words in the English language to express my love for this fic!

20 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

I know I basically say this after everyone but I LOVED this one so much! Definitely one of my favorites that you’ve written and I’ve already reread this one no less than a dozen times no joke. Messy sneezing Ice embarrassed about his fits in front of Maverick with Maverick helping induce him slightly for some relief is officially one of my new favorite tropes that I didn’t even know could be a thing. This story just melted my heart and definitely was the highlight of my day, especially after all the stuff going down with the hurricane and everything making things pretty stressful. But anyway you’ve more than outdid yourself once again and I wish I could just gush forever about how much I absolutely loved this installment. There just isn’t enough words in the English language to express my love for this fic!

I could never get tired of reading you say that XOXOXO I'm so honored and happy to read that you re-read my stuff and it brings you joy! Seriously, the reason I write. I love you so much! I hope you're doing ok with the hurricane! Please stay as safe as you can XOXOXOXO Sent me a message every once in a while so I know you're ok!

Unexpected and Unwelcome Company

Ice pulled on his sweater, suddenly feeling very cold as he walked through his house. He was suppose to be relaxing and resting; having caught a cold at his last summit meetings, and he just couldn't shake it. Everytime he breathed it felt like he needed to sneeze, and it wasn't helping that someone had sent another bouquet of flowers to their residence in thanks for whatever he'd done for someone. He didn't have time to read the card before succumbing to a sneezing fit. Usually, he could stand it for a few hours, but with his cold, it was instant. It was mortifying, having wished Mav or Sli had opened the door instead of him. The poor delivery man was so concerned and worried when he started coughing. Of course, Mav heard him and ran to the door, telling the poor man that he was terribly allergic; sending the flowers away. It was one of those days where he just wanted to curl into a ball and disappear. Of course, he couldn't. He had responsibilities. 

"Pops?" 

Ice groaned as he got up from the couch he had just gotten comfortable in; hearing Rooster come through the front door.

"There you are," Rooster came closer and helped him stay standing, "you're on fire!" 

Ice gave him a look that said he did not appreciate the exaggeration, but let his adopted son hug him.

"Mav called me to check in on you. He mentioned you almost fainted this morning." 

Ice blushed and turned his face away from Bradley.

"Pops," Rooster moved slightly so Ice could see his face, "You beat cancer, twice. Your body is still healing. You have nothing to be embarrassed about; least of all with me. I'm really fucking proud of you." 

"Language," Ice raised a brow before coughing into his own shoulder, "but thank you." 

"I love you, so please, go back to bed? Let me pamper you?" 

"What?" Ice looked a little shocked, "pamper?" 

"Yeah, take care of you. Help you out. Treat you a little," He saw the reluctance in Ice's face, "For once in your life, will you let me help you? You can be a badass when you're healthy again." 

Ice looked over at Rooster fondly before nodding.

"Great, bed, now" Rooster took Ice's arm and walked with him towards his bedroom, "When did you last take your meds?" 

"Right before you arrived." 

"Rooster had to lean in a little to hear him; cancer having eaten away most of his ability to talk, "Ok good. Are you hungry?" 

"Soup in the fridge," he cleared his throat, "i'm fine. You should eat." 

"I ate," Rooster helped him back into bed, "but I could never say no to your cooking." 

"Didn't make it," Ice leaned back against his pillows, looking a little sad to be laying there, "ordered from somewhere. I don't remember." 

"Ah," Rooster tucked him in, "Mav grabbed you something special?" 

"I hope not too much trouble..." 

"Ice, Mav would fly to the end of the earth to get you whatever you want." 

"a problem." 

"I don't think so," Rooster put a hand on his uncle's forehead, "but I am surprised he left you alone, today." 

"The navy.. needs him," Ice was losing the fight with his meds, falling asleep now that he was comfortable.

"Ah, Slider too?" He saw his uncle nod and frowned, "Well, i'm going to be here, at least until they get home." 

Ice weakly squeezed Rooster's hand before his eyes closed and he fell asleep. Rooster let him sleep, glad he was sleeping soundlessly. It was a few hours before there was a knock on the door. Not wanting them to try the door bell, Rooster sprinted to the door and threw it open.

"What?!" Rooster whisper yelled before seeing who it was, "Admiral Simpson?" 

"Rooster," Cyclone stood there with a bouquet of flowers with a surprised expression on his face, "why are you here?" 

"This is my uncle's house, why are you here?!" Rooster took the flowers and threw them off to the side.

"Bradshaw!" 

"SH!" Bradley put his hand over Cyclone's mouth, "He's asleep, and really allergic to daisies. So I'm going to need you to whisper and explain why you're here trying to woo my taken uncle." 

Cyclone took Bradley's hand off of his face and actually looked sheepish, "I heard he was in remission and wanted to congratulate him, but thank you for keeping me from causing him more distress." He looked at the flowers like they personally offended him.

"You could have sent your congratulations via mail, like every other admiral Ice has ever known. I'm going to ask you one more time, or I'm going to quietly slam this door in your face. You may be an admiral, but on Ice's porch, while i'm taking care of him; you are barely a civilian. You do anything to stop me from taking care of him, i'm going to kick your ass." 

"You're very protective." 

"I've lost too many people I love, not to, Cyclone." 

"Fair enough," Cyclone stood up straight, "On this porch, you're Bradley and I'm Beau. Simple as that." 

"You have three seconds." 

"Fine, I wanted to see how he was doing personally, because I greatly admire him and am worried about his health."

Bradley made a face, "you think my uncle is hot. I think i'm going to go throw up now." 

"That is not what I said- Admiral Kazansky!" Cyclone immediately saluted.

Bradley turned so fast, running over to give him his arm, "you're supposed to be in bed."

Ice coughed slightly before leaning into Bradley, "I heard... someone?" 

"Yeah, Admiral Simpson-" Bradley saw Ice stand taller and frown, "stop that. Cyclone, make him stop." 

Cyclone walked into the house, "If anyone should be putting on airs, it's me, sir," Cyclone saluted Ice before relaxing when Ice nodded, "I came to give my congratulations on your recovery." 

"Still.. not.. recovered." 

Cyclone frowned at his voice but offered his arm when Ice looked shaky, "you're alive." 

"Yes, I am," Ice looked over Cyclone, "Admiral.. Simpson.. I apologize-" 

"No apologies necessary, sir. Forgive me for barging in like this. You should be resting," He walked with Bradley and Ice to the living room so Ice could sit down. 

"I can't place.. your name, forgive me-" he gestured to his head, eyes squinting.

"Fuck, your glasses," BRadley ran out to go grab them from the bedroom.

"Language-" He turned away from Simpson to cough, uncomfortable aware of how Cyclone was staring at him.

"Admiral Beau Simpson, sir. Callsign 'Cyclone'. We met while discussing Maverick as a Top Gun instructor for the mission, sir." 

Ice nodded slowly, looking up quickly when Bradley ran in and handed him his glasses, "Thank you, Bradley." 

Rooster winced, feeling like he was in trouble, "sorry-" 

"Oh, no," Ice took Rooster's hand, "You're not in trouble, I just.." 

"I know," Rooster sat on the coffee table, still holding Ice's hand, "I don't care if Beau knows me as Roo from you." 

"That's sweet-" 

"Only family can call me that," Rooster glared at Cyclone.

"Behave," Ice frowned, "I'm missing something." 

"We did not start off on the right foot- "

"You hate Maverick." 

"I do not hate him-" 

"You threatened to have him dishonorably discharged the first day you met him! Called him worthless!" 

"Excuse me?" Ice looked at Simpson with such disappointment and offense, that Beau actually felt like he was being stabbed.

"I may have let preconceived notions sway my judgement-" 

"Perhaps, It may be best we have this conversation when i'm feeling better," Ice started to stand up, only to feel very dizzy.

Cyclone saw the look and jumped up in time to catch Ice as he fainted.

"Shit!" Rooster also caught him, frowning when he felt Cyclone there too, "you stressed him out." 

"I'm not the one who started yelling!" 

"You're yelling now!" Rooster put Ice back down on the couch and put a pillow under his head, "lift his feet up." 

"What?" 

"For fuck's sake, move!" Rooster pushed Cyclone away and put his legs over his shoulder as he sat down, "I get it. You're a big fan of Iceman. He's your idol, blah blah blah. I really don't care. He's my family, my dad. If you want to be useful, call Maverick and get him home, now! I'll call Slider." 

It didn't take long for Slider to get home, having already been on his way when he got the call and decided to forgo all traffic laws, speeding home. Once he reached the door, he saw the discarded flowers and flew into a rage. Thankfully, Rooster had left the door unlocked, otherwise Slider would have broken the door down. He instantly saw the unknown man (cyclone), and picked him up by his shirt, throwing him against the wall, ignoring how a picture fell and shattered on the floor.

"Bradley, you better tell me why there's an admiral in our house who isn't Ice." 

"He's Ice's biggest fan and is the same admiral who hates dad." 

"Woah!" Cyclone was staring at the large man holding him up, terrified, but also turned on? "I came to congratulate him on his recovery and ask if there was anything I could do for him." 

Thankfully, Ice was waking up and started coughing, making Slider drop the man and rush over.

"Baby?" Slider knelt by the couch and held Ice's face in his hands, "Hi, don't try to move. you fainted, baby. Got a nasty fever again." 

"hmm?" Ice reached for Slider, wanting to feel his warmth and ground him, "sm.. sim.." 

"Sim?" 

"Simpson," Rooster sighed, "That's this guys name. Probably wants you to not kill him." 

"What happened?!" Maverick sprinted in and found the glass on the floor, "What the fuck, Simpson. Seriously, breaking shit." 

Cyclone was too afraid to speak.

"That's my fault, didn't know who he was; kinda went into attack mode." 

"He deserves it if he made Ice's blood pressure shoot up," Mav threw his bike helmet for Cyclone to catch before coming to the couch, "Hey, gorgeous," he kissed Ice's head, "take a little impromptu nap?" 

Ice gently slapped Mav, only for Mav to take his hand and kiss all of his fingers, then his palm.

"Is he alright?" Cyclone got the courage to speak.

"Yeah, he's ok," Mav turned to Cyclone, "Did you really bring my husband flowers? What were you gonna do? Ask him to prom?" 

"You're not married," Cyclone looked more confused than before.

"Semantics," Mav brushed it off, "still mine. Why?" 

"That's what you do when someone's sick; bring flowers." 

"Not if it'll make him worse," Mav rolled his eyes, "for someone so obsessed with my husband you'd think you'd know about that." 

"I don't stalk him-" 

"I didn't tell you where we live." 

"It's in your file-" 

"Stalkerish to me," Mav looked at Bradley, who just nodded.

"Stop it," Ice sat up, leaned heavily against Slider, "It was.. a nice.. gesture." 

"just teasing him, baby," Mav kissed Ice's forehead, "still, could have called." 

"can't.. speak.. much." 

"I can, so can Roo, and Sli. He was hoping to get you alone." 

"In my defense," Cyclone looked at Ice, "I didn't know you adopted Rooster, or had another... companion." 

"Another husband," Mav winked.

"That's illegal," Cyclone glared at him.

"Only if we got married by the government. We never got married. He's my husband only in speech. Not legally binding." 

"you're impossible," Cyclone rolled his eyes.

"Cyclone," Ice stood up with Slider's help, hand reached out for Cyclone, "Help me to my bedroom?" 

"What?!" Mav looked offended.

"Alone," Ice glared at Mav softly, "I wish to speak with him in private."

"Yes, sir," Cyclone walked over and wrapped an arm around Ice's waist.

"Hands!" Mav slapped Cyclone's hand.

"Maverick," Ice pinched the bridge of his nose. 

"The only people who get to touch your ass, are me and Sli. That is it. Short list." 

"He's not stable, i'm not coping a feel," Cyclone glared at Mav and walked with Ice to the bedroom, closing the door with his foot to give them privacy.

"I apologize, for them," Ice coughed a bit, finding the movement stressful, "protective." 

"They love you," Cyclone helped him into bed and looked only at one spot on the bed, not wanting to pry.

"And I, them," Ice scrunched his nose up, "Thank you... for.. your offer." 

"You saw my email?" 

"Yes," Ice sniffed slightly, really not wanting to sneeze, "I appreciate.. the updates.."

"Of course." 

"Excuse me," Ice turned away and brought his elbow up, stifling a small fit of six before blushing and relaxing back against the headboard.

"Bless you, sir," Cyclone blushed a little.

"Thank you," he closed his eyes, mostly to avoid embarrassment, "I would like to.. take you up on that offer. If you wouldn't mind speaking with me secretary-" he paused to cough, "I hate to admit it, but I need help." 

"It would be an honor, sir." 

"I believe you," Ice took Cyclone's hand and squeezed, "and thank you." 

"For?" 

"Looking at me with admiration instead of pity," Ice fixed his glasses, wanting something to do with his hand.

"I admire you, very much, sir. You are my hero, and sick or healthy, you will always be that to me." 

"That is very kind of you. I do not deserve that." 

"I disagree, sir," Cyclone looked him in the eyes, "you are the best man, I am happy to say, I have had the pleasure of meeting. Anything you need; anything. You let me know." 

"Thank you," Ice smiled a little, grateful, "Take care of my boys?" 

"I will do my best, but Maverick is.. a handful." 

"Yes," Ice chuckled slightly, "But he is worth it." 

"Your son is in good hands," Cyclone glanced at the closed door, "He's a good man. I'm sure you're proud of Rooster." 

"Every day," Ice coughed into his arm, "I appreciate the gesture; the flowers? Thank you." 

"I had no idea, i'm so sorry-" 

"No way you could have known. I appreciate it nonetheless." 

Mav burst through the door, "it's too quiet in here," he walked over to the bed and kissed Ice, forcing Cyclone to let go of his hand, "I swear, I will make a 'no closed door' policy." 

"Maverick-" 

"I trust you," Maverick kissed Ice to shut him up, "but Cyclone, meh. Can't have him taking advantage of you. I can barely contain myself and I get to see you every day." 

Ice looked so embarrassed.

"I see you're in great hands, I shall leave you to rest," Cyclone smiled a little, "feel better, Admiral. I hope to see you healthy soon." 

"So do we," Slider stood by the door, looking like he really wanted to punch Cyclone, but didn't, "I think it's time Ice got some real rest." 

Cyclone left the bedroom, collected his things and left the house, taking the discarded flowers with him.

"Alright, I hate that guy," Slider walked over to Ice and gave him a bunch of kisses.

"He's not a bad man," Ice sniffed slightly and scrunched his nose, unsatisfied from before.

"Did you suppress your sneezes?" Slider narrowed his eyes, "red flag. You were uncomfortable." 

"I'm always uncomfortable," He pointed to his trach scar.

"Very funny," Slider kissed Ice's nose, smiling slightly when Ice instantly started sneezing.

"ahkiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew!" 

"Bless you, baby," Mav kissed his forehead, "how about Rooster heats up some dinner for everyone while Slider and I get cleaned up, and we can all watch some of those movies we've been meaning to see, before bed?" 

"Sounds nice," Ice sniffed, "don't be too long." 

"Without you in there with us? We'll be out before you notice we're gone," Slider kissed Ice's lips before taking off his shirt and heading to the bathroom.

"Gross, guys," Rooster shivered before leaving the bedroom, "save it for when i'm not in the room!" 

"Nope!" Mav kissed Ice before shouting back.

"Don't scar our kid," Ice frowned.

"Oh, honey, he's seen nothing yet," Mav took off his shirt and took Ice's hand, running Ice's fingers down his chest, "when the kiddo goes to bed, I plan to show you how much I missed you today." 

Ice moaned slightly, eyes following his fingers, still surprised by how amazing Maverick looked, "don't tease me." 

"Pick a boring movie," Mav winked.

Ice whined when Mav stepped away.

"Get some rest, you're going to need it."

Next drabble is on the adult page shown here!

6 hours ago, Mygyn said:

🤔 Cyclone is not my favorite but it was an interesting read. I love protective roo. 

I hate him too, but it was a request; hence my not so kind representation lol XOXO Also, its up on A03, since you mentioned you can't see it here? (At least I Think it was you who said that?)

You are correct! I don’t have 18+ access here been a long time lurker so don’t have the permissions for it! 10/10 loved that Ice and Slider got some one on one time!

That last one was awesome! I loved your descriptions and slider putting Ice’s mind at ease about not being as spry as he once was was so sweet! Definitely is one I’m going to add to my favorites!

7 hours ago, Mygyn said:

You are correct! I don’t have 18+ access here been a long time lurker so don’t have the permissions for it! 10/10 loved that Ice and Slider got some one on one time!

Glad you could read it on A03 though! So glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading! XOXO

4 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

That last one was awesome! I loved your descriptions and slider putting Ice’s mind at ease about not being as spry as he once was was so sweet! Definitely is one I’m going to add to my favorites!

Thank you! Clearly, i'm on an "current Ice" binge RN. Val just looked so delicious in TGM. LIke yeeess sir! That's sl***y sweater. The glasses. Unfair. Unreal. how rude. XOXO

I"m following two different october sneeze/sick prompts, so if you see (x + x) in my prompts, that's where those come from, plus any prompt given for request. 

October First: Sniffles over Coffee + Flannel.. plus request: Rooster falling asleep in the bath and Icemav being worried that he was going to commit suicide. 

Home Sweet Home

Ice knew he caught his first fall cold the moment he woke up with a stuffy nose. Of course, he was awake before everyone else, and decided to go make some coffee and just bask in feeling sick until everyone woke up and he had to pretend like he was right as rain. He tried to blow his nose, but that only made him need to sneeze; ducking into his elbow.

"Ah'kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-schiew!" He sniffed and sighed, throwing the tissues away and washing his hands in the sink before working on that coffee. Of course, there was nothing he could have done, but he was very disappointed in his immune system. Rooster had just gotten back from a mission even Ice didn't know the contents of, and he just wanted to spoil the kid rotten; but instead he's going to keep his distance.

Ice wasn't one for self pity, but he was disappointed. He didn't have much time to ponder that before was lifting his elbow back up, "Ehschiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-shiew!" 

"Bless," Rooster padded into the kitchen, looking bleary eyed and exhausted, wrapping his arms around Ice's shoulders and leaning into him in a half asleep hug, "mornin.." 

Ice tried not show his surprise and tensed a little at the hug, "alright?" 

"tired," Rooster groaned a little and buried his face in his pop's sweater, "you have a fever." 

Ice frowned, "I didn't notice." 

""s ok," Rooster was used to Ice's aversion to talking about his own health, but knew he needed to poke and prod more, "I'll make the coffee, go lay down on the couch. Sli stopped snoring, so he'll be up soon." 

"Thank you," Ice patted Rooster on the hip before letting the younger man help him to the couch. After his cancer, he needed a little help now and again; especially when he was sick.

"I'm gonna wake up, Dad," Rooster yawned before walking into the master bedroom, turning on the light; ignoring Ice's pleas, "Wake up. It's 0 -six hundred. Pops is sick, and I can't make breakfast and make sure he isn't going to pass out at the same time." It came out a little harsh, but he had meant it in an affectionate way. He was genuinely concerned about Ice fainting after how many times Ice fainted during chemo.

Mav groaned and frowned, "Kid.. I know you just got back from deployment," Mav threw the covers over his face, "but tact.. remember tact." 

"Too tired for tact," Rooster turned on his heels, "Sli, come help me find the milk." 

"How sleep deprived are you?" Slider got up, hurriedly putting on pants before Rooster could see him naked.

Rooster didn't hear him, already in the kitchen, trying to remember how to make coffee.

Slider came in and grabbed some mugs, "clearly, very." 

"huh?" Rooster glanced at him, squinting a little.

"Kid, go back to sleep. Ice isn't going anywhere." 

"I"ll just take a shower... wake me up," Rooster hugged Slider, almost falling back asleep against him, until he jolted awake, 'shower.. yeah.. shower." 

"Or bed," Slider called after him, "preferably bed." 

Rooster waved him off as he entered his bedroom, just as Mav came out in a flannel shirt and jeans, "why are we awake again?" 

"Rooster's worried about Ice," Slider started pouring the coffee, "He's on the couch."

"Roger that," Mav gave him a thumbs up before walking over, smiling as he rubbed his eyes when he found Ice, "Morning, gorgeous."

"I asked him not to wake you," Ice's voice had been so damaged by the cancer treatments, that it was a low grumble, unable to raise his voice.

"He probably didn't hear you, baby," Mav sat down on the couch and pulled Ice in, kissing him all over, "why is Roo worried?" 

Ice scrunched his nose up, turning away from Mav's face, stifling a few sneezes into Mav's shoulder.

"Aww, you're so cute," Mav kissed his face when he was done, pouting as Ice sniffled, "you were due for a fall cold, anyway." 

"Bad.. timing," Ice scrunched up his nose again, "I"m not that sick." 

"I think he's still shaken up from whatever happened on his mission. He's just being a little over protective, right now." 

Ice nodded, leaning into Mav as Slider brought their coffees.

"Mav, yours is the red cup, Ice the blue, and mine is green," They had an assortment of coloured mugs. No one really cared what mug they used, but Slider always gave them those colors when he made coffee. He said it suited them; Rooster agreed (except when he needed something and someone got "#1 Dad").

"We know the drill," Mav took his mug and sipped it, moaning as the warmth slid down his throat, "God, I love coffee." 

"Yeah, especially when you get a wake up call from your adult kid," Slider teased as he sat down, taking Ice's hand in his and kissing his knuckles. 

Ice pulled his hand away, not wanting Slider to get sick from him, but also really needed to sneeze again. He handed Slider the coffee and pulled his sweater over his face, stifling down his chest 6 times before relaxing and sniffling again.

"Right on schedule," Slider gave him his coffee, pouting when Ice just kept sniffling, "you should be in bed." 

"Please don't make a big deal of this," Ice sniffed and sipped his coffee, hoping it will sooth the chills.

"When have we ever made a big deal out of anything?" Mav feigned ignorance.

"Don't make me pull your file," Ice scrunched his nose up before looking around, "Where's Bradley?" 

"Shower?"

"I don't hear a shower," Mav put his coffee down and got up, walking over to the kid's room, "Roo? Bradley?!" 

"He probably fell asleep in bed-" 

"Bradley!" Mav was banging on the door of the bathroom, "Kid?!" 

"What's wrong?" Slider got up, helping Ice up as they heard the worry in his voice.

"Bradley, say something or i'm breaking the door down!" Mav listened, ear to the door.

Ice suddenly had the strength he didn't have this morning and walked over, turning the knob, glad that it was unlocked, "Bradley?" 

They found Bradley unconscious in the tub, slowly submerging under the water. Mav sprinted in and fell to his knees, shaking him awake.

"Wha-?!" Bradley woke up and flailed, splashing water everywhere, confused and disoriented.

"Did you take something? What did you take?" Mav was freaking out, trying to find any open pill bottles.

"Mav?! What the f-" He saw Ice and stopped himself, "What are you talking about?!" 

Ice walked in and put a hand on Mav's shoulder, stopping his motions instantly, "He just fell asleep, Pete." 

"Wait," Bradley sat up in the tub, frowning, "did you think I was going to-" He didn't finish the sentence, letting the insinuation hang in the air.

"I called.. you weren't answer.. you were almost underwater." 

"I would have woken up if I went under," Bradley took the plug out of the tub and grabbed a towel, getting out, "I just fell asleep, I swear." 

Ice nodded, knowing exactly what happened and believing Bradley, "Pete?" 

"I'm sorry," Mav stood up and took a breathe, clearly shaken up, "I.." 

"Mav, I would never do that," Bradley hugged Mav tightly, "I swear, I fell asleep. We've lost so many people already. I couldn't do that to any of you." 

Ice felt his heart break a little, and felt relief when Slider came to hold him from behind.

Bradley looked at Ice and Slider and frowned, "YOu know I mean that, right?" 

Ice nodded, while Slider just looked at Mav, worry in his eyes.

"Ok," Bradley let go of Mav, "I think we are all a little stressed about recent events, but i'm home now. Can we just have breakfast together and calm down a little?" 

"Good idea," Ice took Maverick's hand, eyes going soft when Mav instantly came closer and held Ice's arm, wanting to give support. He wasn't that sick, but if Mav needed to feel useful, he would take the hit.

"Ice should be resting, and you just got back," Slider kissed Ice's head in silent apology for pointing out he was sick again, "How about I run to the bakery and grab some stuff to go, and we just watch some movies. Whatever you want to do, Kid." 

Bradley smiled and walked out of the bathroom, "I'm just happy to be home," he waited until they were all out and he was sure Mav was ok, "You guys pick the movie." 

"We missed you too," Ice said before he shivered and fixed his sweater.

Slider grabbed a jacket that was laying over an armchair and put it over Ice's shoulders, "go get warmed up with coffee and blankets, and i'll be back with some food, and soup for later." 

"You don't need-"

"I don't need to do anything, but I want to," Slider kissed Ice's lips.

"Besides," Rooster came back out in pants, "I think we're all a little tired, and could use a rest day." 

"Rest weekend," Mav agreed and rubbed Ice's back.

Ice wanted to argue, but lifted his elbow and turned away, stifling 8 before sighing.

Rooster came closer and turned Ice around, marching him (Slowly) towards the couch, "Everyone get comfortable. Today is going to be so cozy, a blanket will be jealous." 

Mav laughed a little, remembering Goose saying the same thing back when Bradley was little and got sick. He would set everyone down on the couch and have a movie marathon, "Guess we're having a movie sleepover." 

Bradley glanced over at Mav, recognition in his eye, "yea, like Dad used to do." 

Ice softened significantly and gave no reluctance, easing down on the couch and letting Mav take his legs, beginning his massages. Bradley took the armchair, his favorite place to curl up, and turned on the tv.

"How about My Cousin Vinny?" 

Mav chuckled, "Sounds great, kid."

🥰 sleepy Roo+ sick Ice+ over reacting Mav 🥰 that was so cute and super well written! I love that we got 2 updates today!

I absolutely adored this one! A billion out of ten with sneezy ice and Roo looking out for him while also being over protective and on edge with maverick being the same with with him. I could literally go on and on about how awesome this one way and how much I loved it. This one has got to be one of the best you’ve ever done and another that I’m going to be reading on repeat for the foreseeable future! 

On 10/2/2022 at 2:47 AM, Mygyn said:

🥰 sleepy Roo+ sick Ice+ over reacting Mav 🥰 that was so cute and super well written! I love that we got 2 updates today!

Thank you!!! They are so cute ugh. I was just really feeling it yesterday lol XOXO

15 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

I absolutely adored this one! A billion out of ten with sneezy ice and Roo looking out for him while also being over protective and on edge with maverick being the same with with him. I could literally go on and on about how awesome this one way and how much I loved it. This one has got to be one of the best you’ve ever done and another that I’m going to be reading on repeat for the foreseeable future! 

Thank you! I'm so glad. you enjoyed it! XXOOOXOO 

Prompt request: "I was thinking of a story where maybe Rooster and Mav both end up sick after the mission after bring the cold in the snow maybe?"

Sicktober 2nd: Stressed + Pumpkin Patch

Pumpkin Traditions

Mav and Rooster had just gotten back from a mission where things went south fast. No one was seriously injured, but the both spent the better part of a day stuck in the middle of nowhere, covered in snow, with barely enough to keep them alive. The hospital let them go home only an hour after being sent there, saying that they were not frostbitten or in any danger of freezing. They just needed a warm shower and a cup of hot tea, and they'd be good as rain. Of course, Slider and Ice weren't having it, and quickly put them in warm clothes and forced warm foods and beverages all week. 

So no one was surprised when Maverick felt a bit too warm this morning. Ice hadn't noticed, body still weak and cold, and found Maverick very soothing that night. Slider, on the other hand, knew it was a fever instantly. He didn't say anything, having realized how grumpy Mav and Rooster had been when they were hovering all week. He wouldn't like to admit that he wasn't feeling well.

It wasn't an odd sight for Ice to sleep in nowadays, regaining his strength. Mav and Slider were still drinking their coffee, when Rooster came out, looking especially tired.

"Got any coffee left?" He rubbed his face and went to grab a mug.

"Yup," Slider looked him over, "You ok?" 

"think i'm getting sick." 

Slider tried not to sigh with relief. Roo was his father's son, alright, "Wanna take something?" 

"was gonna grab it after a get coffee." 

"Ok," Slider looked over at the calendar, "we can move the pumpkin patch thing for next weekend-" 

"No!" Rooster's eyes widened, "No, i'm good to go." 

"Are you sure?" Slider wasn't expecting that reaction, "It's really no big deal. It's open all month, kid." 

"We are all military. What if we don't all have the weekend off? We have to go today." 

"Ok," Slider nodded, looking over at his bedroom door, "Ice is still sleeping, if you wanna nap?" 

"Don't wake him up-" 

"AGH!" Mav sneezed loudly, covering with his elbow, trying not to fall off the stool.

"Never mind," Rooster tried not to laugh as he covered his ears.

"Sorry," Mav blushed and went back to drinking his coffee.

"aaand, Pops is up," Rooster frowned when he heard some coughing from the bedroom, "i'll make his coffee." 

"i've got Ice," Slider kissed Mav's head before walking into the bedroom, smiling as his lover put on his glasses, "morning, baby." 

"How long have you been up?" Ice kissed Slider when he leaned down.

"half an hour," Slider kissed his forehead, glad he seemed fine, "Mav and Roo are sick, but Mav's pretending not to be." 

"Hm," Ice grabbed his robe and pulled it tightly against him; he was always cold now, "fever?" 

"Definitely, but I. don't know about Roo," Slider helped him up and wrapped his arms around him, "Roo still wants to go to the pumpkin patch, but Mav is suspiciously quiet." 

"We do rarely get time off like this," Ice cleared his throat and frowned, "we can still go. Mav can help me around." 

"You don't need the help, baby," Slider looked a little confused, "are you feeling sick too?" 

"No," he winced as his voice cracked, "but Mav won't relax for himself; not in front of Bradley." 

"So you're going to let him think he's helping you. Clever," Slider kissed Ice again, "ya know, it is so sexy of you to manipulate us like that for our own benefit." 

"Is it now?" Ice chuckled deeply.

"And telling us when you're not feeling well," Slider started kissing along Ice's neck, "god, I am so proud of you." 

"I've had no choice this past year," Ice leaned into Slider, "but thank you. For everything, but especially for making me comfortable." 

Slider shivered a bit and just held him, "God, I know you're referring to being ok with tell us stuff, but i hate that phrase now." 

Ice knew exactly what freaked him out; all of those other patients around him being told there was nothing to do and to keep them 'comfortable'. It made Ice want to throw up every time, "I know. But I mean it. Thank you for taking care of me." 

"Always," Slider kissed his lips again, "I love you so much." 

"I can't tell if you two are going to have sex or start crying," Mav was leaning in the doorway.

"Shit, Pete," Slider jumped a bit, "don't fucking scare me like that." 

"Sorry," Mav shrugged, "just wanted to see how you were feeling, babe?" 

"I"m fine," Ice still flinched at that question, but he just auto piloted it, "darling, why don't we all start to get dressed. I'm sure Bradley is bouncing off the walls waiting for us old men." 

"Old?" Slider made a face, "who's calling who old?" 

"Did we suddenly lose our mirrors?" Mav came over and gently slapped Slider's ass before heading into the closet, "It's cold, bring jackets!" 

"So it's not just me, then," Ice shivered a bit and walked into the closet, "at least the sun is out." 

"You're cold?" Mav turned around and put a hand on Ice's forehead, "no fever." 

"thin blood," Ice joked before grabbing a sweater from the wrack, "change into something warm." 

"I'm heading to shower. Anyone joining me?" Slider took off his clothes infront of them.

"Well, when you make such an inviting gesture, how could I say no?" Ice smirked slightly, eyes moving across Slider's now naked body.

"You two have fun, there's some emails I want to get through before we go," Mav lied, just wanting to get dressed and take medicine when no one was watching him.

"Ok," Ice kissed Mav's forehead, secretly taking his temperature, before walking off with Slider.

-------------------------------------------------------

When they arrived to the pumpkin patch, they were happy to see how crowded it was. It was a small local thing and the more people who came, the more likely they will be able to do this the next year. They had started coming here when they took Bradley in, and it was one of their favorite halloween traditions. 

There were a lot of military families, so Ice was getting a lot of attention, people coming up to him, saluting him and other admirals wanting to talk about stuff. Ice was always polite, but would tilt his head towards his family and people tended to leave him alone after that; except his friends who just wanted to say hello. 

Bradley took his sunglasses off, looked around with recognition and serenity in his eyes. This was a core memory in his brain and it always made him happy. This was his happy place. He loved halloween. He loved the costumes, the candy, the pumpkins, the decorating. The leaves were beautiful when they changed. The coffee shops around would start having apple cider and spiced coffees that just felt so warm and homely. 

Slider wrapped an arm around Ice's hip, looking down at his face. He loved all Holidays and showing Ice how his family celebrated them. Ice coming from a house that was so painful always made Slider want to make the holidays that much better for him. When Mav came into the picture, it was the same deal. They both had grown up without any real holliday festivity. At least, Maverick had an idea. When his father was alive, holidays were fun and exciting. For a while, he thought Ice just wasn't into the whole thing, but when they got Bradley, Ice just changed. It was like something clicked inside of him and he wanted to make them the best for Bradley. It was like he was just going through the motions before, doing whatever Slider wanted because he wanted Sli to be happy, without really caring too much. Sli knew it was Ice's internal fear of enjoying something only for it to be taken away from him. Taking in Bradley, it was no longer in someone else's power to take away Ice's happiness. He was in charge of this child, and no matter what awful thing happen to him, he wouldn't let Bradley have those fears.

Ice knew where Slider's head was at and he squeezed Slider's hip, "get out of your head, and come pick out some pumpkins." 

"I love you so much."

Ice went soft, "I love you more," he pulled him in and kissed his lips, "now go. We're embarrassing, Bradley." 

"Not embarrassed," Bradley piped up, having left to grab them all some apple cider, "but if you're going to kiss, maybe not in the street?" 

"Fair point," Slider moved with Ice towards the actual roped off area and laughed when they almost missed a step.

Mav came over and took Ice's hand, "people are staring." 

"Two admirals holding hands with a captain," Rooster rolled his eyes, "whatever shall we do?" 

"Since when are you embarrassed?" Slider furrowed his brow.

"not embarrassed," Mav rolled his eyes, "A little stressed. This is a lot more military families than I expected."

It was Ice's turn to look confused. Mav was usually the one to throw caution to the wind and scream it out to the world that they were together. This was... odd, to say the least. If Mav was worried about this, then maybe he should to? Had he become to comfortable? He felt his blood pressure rise, mentally cursing the new medication he was on.

"Ice?" Mav looked over at Ice and frowned at his face, "are you going to pass out?" 

Bradley looked over quickly and was ready to drop his drink to catch Ice, if needed.

"No," Ice sighed, "just not loving these new meds." 

"Then let's go find some pumpkins before your side effects get worse," Slider kissed his head, whispering, "he's sick and panicking about it. Don't over think." 

Clearly, Maverick was in a mood about being sick, and was eerily quiet while Bradley and Slider picked pumpkins. He was starting to feel too cold and too hot very quickly and had a sinking feeling he was sweating. Was it noticable? Were people just staring at Ice or him? Was it obvious he was sick? He really wished he'd told Ice he felt awful and just stayed home and let Ice take care of him. Maybe he liked to be smothered. Maybe he wanted ice to coo and kiss his forehead again. Maybe he wanted to whine and make Ice make him soup. Maybe he wanted Slider to pick him up and bring him to bed. Was that so bad? 

"Where is your head at?" Ice took his arm, trying to stave off shivers of his own, "your usually running around with Bradley and making Sli pick up the biggest pumpkins, just to watch his muscles."

"As much as that sounds amazing," Mav decided he wanted to be coddled now, "I don't feel good, babe." 

"I know," Ice patted Mav's arm, "it's going to be ok. When we're done, how about I make some soup and you and Bradley can sleep this cold off?" 

"Soup sounds great," He leaned into Ice, moaning when Ice wrapped his arm around him and started to rub his arm, "I'm really hot." 

"hm?" 

Mav let go and stood up, taking off his jacket, placing it over Ice's shoulders, "i'm sweater in that thing and your shivering." 

"Honey, you have a fever-"

"And your hands are purple," Mav took Ice's hands in his and rubbed them, "I feel like shit, but you're still healing. Trust me, this cold air feels great, right now." 

Ice nodded and walked with Mav to go find Slider and Roo, chuckling when they found Slider with a pumpkin on his shoulder, completely unaware of the hoards of being drooling over his arms.

"That's quite the pumpkin," Ice had put Mav's jacket on properly and Slider was staring at him like it was the sexiest thing Ice could have done, "Ron?" 

"Bradley thought Mav might like it," Slider looked at it, then at Mav, "I think it'll fit him just fine." 

"Ha-ha," Mav rolled his eyes, "Where's the kid?" 

"He saw Phoenix and went to say hello."

"DId he? or did she drag him away," Mav smiled slightly, "did he pick a pumpkin?" 

"Yeah, and one for Ice too," Slider moved the pumpkin on his hip, "I know you usually just watch, but this year, we're going all out." 

"No more sharing a pumpkin?" Ice had a small smile on his face.

"Nope," Slider smirked, "but if you need a big strong man to help you cut it, i'm all yours, pumpkin," he winked.

Ice actually blushed and walked over, looking at the pumpkins, "why don't we pay for these and leave them in the car. Don't want my big strong man to get tired." 

"Baby," Slider leaned in, "i'm never tired when you're around." 

"Stop flirting and come meet Natasha!" Bradley came over with a very beautiful woman, "How is it, that i've known you for ten years and you've never met Ice."

Natasha hit his arm, "because you're a jerk who doesn't talk about family?" 

"True," Roo gestured with his head, as he was caring two pumpkins, "You know Mav, the tall one is Slider, and the admiral everyone keeps staring at, is Ice." 

"Sir," Natasha went to salute but Ice put a hand up.

"We are not in uniform, Natasha. Here I am just Ice, or Tom," He reached a hand out and shook her hand, "It's very nice to meet you, Natasha." 

"And you too, sir-Ice." 

Ice smiled, "She's beautiful, Bradley." 

"Nooo, no no no," Bradley gestured to natasha, "Friend. Friend only." 

"Besides, I play for the other team mostly." 

Ice chuckled, "Men are a hassle anyway," happy to be meeting another LGBT+ person.

"My family flew in for the festivities, I should get back." 

"Have fun," Ice winked at her before she ran off as her father called out to her, "Sweet girl." 

"Pops, she's the one who kicked my ass in basic." 

"Like I said," Ice patted Bradley's shoulder, urging him to walk to the check out, "You should bring your friends over for dinner some time. We rarely meet them. You talk so much about some stealth pilot, and i'd love to meet him."

"You're going to love Bob." 

"Of that, I have no doubt." 

On the drive home, Mav fell asleep in the back and none had the heart to wake him up. Instead, Slider picked him up and brought him inside, laying him down on the couch with a blanket before helping Rooster with the pumpkins. They did their best to be quiet, Rooster heading towards his room to shower and take a nap; still not feeling any better. Slider and Ice started to work on that chicken soup, hoping Mav would stay asleep during the process; he did.

Both boys woke up just in time for some soup and steaming mugs of tea waiting for them. Bradley came out in sweats and socks, quickly going to the cabinet to take some medicine, while Mav just sat bleary eyed, staring at the bowl.

"Mav?" Ice took his face in his hands, "you have to eat something, then you can go back to bed." 

"my throat hurts," he pouted.

"It will help," Ice ran his fingers through Mav's hair, "can you take some medicine first?" 

Mav shook his head, "'s gross." 

"But you'll feel better sooner," Ice started to rub mav's neck, knowing how to make Mav do whatever he wanted him too.

"feels good.." 

Slider came back with some pills, giving Mav the tea, urging him to swallow; unphased by Mav's pout routine, "It'll be over quick."

"Fiiiine," Mav took the pills, swallowed them, and winced, pouting again.

"Good boy," Ice kissed his temple and watched Mav relax, relishing in the reward, "have some soup, then you can go back to sleep." 

"bossy," Mav coughed slightly before taking a spoonful of soup, eating it. his eyes closed as he tasted the soup, mood lifting, "I love your cooking."

"I know it's why you put up with me being bossy," Ice teased before grabbing a thermometer that only needed to touch their forehead to read. He first did it to Mav, hoping he'd still be enticed by the soup to not notice, "100.2, not too bad."

"Still a fever," Mav frowned.

"Yes," Ice fake pouted, "my poor baby." 

"hm," Mav went back to his soup.

Ice put the thermometer on Bradley, who didn't really care either way, just happy to have delicious soup, "102, oh, honey." 

"I'm ok," Bradley smiled slightly, "i've been taking meds, at the time i'm suppose to-" he added, knowing Maverick once downed an entire bottle of nyquil, much to Ice's horror, "then i'm going back to bed to sleep this off; pinky promise." 

Ice had never heard of a pinky promise until taking in Bradley, and now takes it very seriously, "good," Ice kissed Bradley's forehead. Now that he had Bradley back, it was like Bradley ached for affection, "at least one of you isn't going to stress me out." 

"Yeah, Sli, stop stressing Ice out," Mav teased.

"I shall do my best," Slider dead panned, making Bradley laugh.

Something beeped, making Ice jump, looking around confused, "The oven isn't on." 

"Oh shit," Slider moved over and turned off a timer, "I set the oven timer so I knew when you needed to take your meds." 

Ice was so busy worrying about them that he totally forgot to check the time, "oh, right." 

"Can't miss them," Slider kissed Ice before running into the bedroom to grab his pack.

"We really are the picture of health, aren't we?" Ice muttered to himself, already feeling a little dizzy.

Slider ran in and took out his pills, handing them to Ice who took them dry, "your tea is right here, jesus christ."

Ice took a few sips to appease Slider, "I think we skipped this mornings pills." 

"Yeah," Slider shook the pack, "explains your episode in the patch." 

"It's fine, I have them now," he shook his head.

"You're probably really low on Iron," Slider picked up Ice, making Bradley chuckle, "you and Mav are going to bed. I've got the dishes." 

"I can walk-" 

"But I can carry you, which is much more fun," Slider kissed him and walked off, "Mav, you're next." 

Mav had completely zoned out, "next for what?" 

"Oookay," Bradley got up, "I'm going to bed before i'm next."

"Next what?!" 

Bradley just walked off laughing, leaving Mav to silently panic for a moment, before getting lifted into the strong arms of Slider. This family is such a mess, but he wouldn't have it any other way.

You are so spoiling us with all these updates! The way that ice and slider looked after maverick and rooster, even when maverick was trying so hard not to show that he needed help just was so sweet. I also love the idea of the pumpkin patch and them all going together. Such a cool fall idea!

🥰 Pumpkin patch and they got to meet Phoneix!! That was so cute! I’m really hoping you do an update with all the daggers going to dinner that is now not going to leave my brain. 

15 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

You are so spoiling us with all these updates! The way that ice and slider looked after maverick and rooster, even when maverick was trying so hard not to show that he needed help just was so sweet. I also love the idea of the pumpkin patch and them all going together. Such a cool fall idea!

Aww, well I enjoy writing them, so if anyone is being spoiled, it's me with all of your lovely comments! XOXOXO

14 hours ago, Mygyn said:

🥰 Pumpkin patch and they got to meet Phoneix!! That was so cute! I’m really hoping you do an update with all the daggers going to dinner that is now not going to leave my brain. 

Phoenix is so cool. Like what an amazing Call Sign. Maybe I'll do it one day. Got requests to push out first :P

"Can I request Ice getting a stomach bug, with Slider and Mav bringing him water and cuddles and Sli having to carry him to the toilet all the time because of Ice's troubling belly? And Ice is so so ashamed of needing so much help."

+

October 3rd prompts: Apple Cider + Warm Food (That goes perfect with this prompt woohoo!)

TW: EMETO, PTSD

Pedialyte and Promises

Ice knew he was fucked. He hadn't eaten anything the night before, already feeling clammy and disoriented. Slider knew something was off with him, but didn't say anything, hoping Ice would come out and ask for help. There was an awful stomach bug going around the barracks and he wasn't surprised that Ice had caught it; his immune system was shit at best of times. Ice had tried to stay away from anyone who was sick, but clearly it was futile. He wanted to sleep this off and hope that Slider and Mav would just leave him alone until he recovered; but all that flew out the window the moment he jumped out of bed and sprinted to the toilet, kneeling down and throwing up whatever was in his stomach.

Mav was the first to wake up, having been jumped over, "oh, baby." 

Slider felt someone kick him, slowly waking up only to hear retching coming from the bathroom, "hm?" 

"Ice caught that bug," Mav shoved him, wanting him completely awake, "go sit with him, i'll grab him some water." 

"Not water," Slider sat up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, "I bought pedialyte. Water will be too heavy." 

"That...somehow makes sense," Mav sighed before getting out of bed, "Make sure he knows we're not mad." 

"I know what to do," Slider got out of bed, throwing on a pair of pants before joining Ice in the bathroom, "oh, honey," he frowned when Ice threw up more bile, "not feeling good, huh?" 

"Go.. away." 

"Not a chance in hell, baby," Slider sat on the edge of the tub and rubbed his back, "just let it all out. You'll feel better after-" Slider winced as another bought hit Ice, "what else can you throw up? your stomach?" 

Ice started dry heaving, clearly having a hard time breathing between bouts.

"It'll stop in a minute," Slider just sat there, rubbing his back and silently praying it would be over soon. 

Spoiler, it wasn't. Ice was stuck there for a solid thirty minutes before he half collapsed into Slider's arms, still conscious but too weak to move.

"Ok, back to bed," Slider picked Ice up and held him close, not caring that he smelled like vomit and sweat, "it's going to be ok. Maybe in an hour or two we can try some medicine. See how your stomach feels." 

"sorry," Ice muffled into Slider's shoulder, hating how weak he was and how disgusting.

"Not your fault," Slider kissed his sweaty forehead after putting him to bed, "just try to get some sleep, there's a trashcan right here," he picked it up so he could see, "if you miss, it's ok. You're sick, it's normal, and it's not your fault

Ice nodded, too tired to argue, and just closed his eyes, hoping to fall asleep and stop the pain in his stomach. 

Throughout the morning, Slider carried Ice to and from the bathroom when he needed to throw up. Thankfully, Ice's stomach settled by noon and he could take some medication and fall back asleep. Slider was exhausted; not that Ice was heavy, just having to kneel up and down so many times was starting to hurt. He really needed to go back to yoga. 

Now Ice was sweating profusely, curled up in a ball, looking miserable. His brow looked like it had frozen in place, perpetually furrowed. Mav was trying to coax Ice to try to drink something, but Ice wouldn't even open his eyes. HIs face was contorted in pain and Slider was getting sympathy pains just looking at him. 

"Why don't we try a warm bath? It might soothe the cramps," Mav continued to rub his back, "honey, can we try that?" 

Ice nodded slightly, still not unfurling from his ball.

"Ok," Slider walked to the bathroom, starting a bath, "Mav, he needs to drink something."

"I'm trying," Mav called back, frowning when Ice suddenly uncurled and tried to sit up, looking like he was going to pass out, "oh, no. Honey we're not mad," Mav came closer and held Ice, feeling him start to crawl inside himself, "no one's mad at you, its ok."

Ice took the red drink, whatever it was, and took a small sip, "i'm sorry.. I'll drink it." 

"Slowly," Mav stopped him from taking another sip, "please look at me? I'm not mad. I promise, baby, I'm not mad. Sli isn't either. No ones mad," he started kissing his face, "your getting that look in your eye." 

"I'm not giving you a look," Ice winced and held his stomach, "ugh," he bit his lip hard, waiting for the pain to pass.

"baby, if it helps to groan or moan or scream, just do it," Mav whispered, not wanting it to sound like a command, "you can make noise. Make as much noise as you want; this isn't a test." he quickly added that last bit just incase his father had tried to trick him like that.

"No," Ice shook his head, "i'm ok-ughh," he bit down on his knuckle as another cramp set in.

"Shit," Mav got up, "You're taking pain killers. That's an order," he called back as he ran into the kitchen. 

Slider heard Mav and wondered if they needed to take him to the hospital. Ice had a huge pain tolerance. He once saw Ice break his arm and not make a sound, just stand up, calmly say he was going to the infirmary, and wouldn't let them give him anesthetic. He didn't even wince. It was incredibly scary. Hearing him groan and moan in pain was killing him. 

When Mav came back in, Slider let Ice take the meds before pulling Mav into the bathroom, "if he doesn't feel better within the hour, we're taking him to the hospital." 

"I was thinking the same thing," Mav bit his lower lip lightly, clearly worried, "i've never heard him whine before." 

"He doesn't," Slider had thrown on a shirt, so stressed out that he was cold. He didn't know if that made any sense, but that's just how he was, "Last time he had a stomach bug, he just casually took care of himself like it was a cut he wanted to put a bandaid on. He'd throw up, take some medicine and just sit on a chair, reading a book, until it passed." 

"Ok, that's psychopathic," Mav shivered, "I say we take him now." 

"yeah, convinced myself with that one," he followed Mav into the bedroom to find Ice undressing himself, clearly in pain, but doing a great job of not showing it, "honey?" 

"Sweat," Ice threw the clothes in the hamper, making a perfect shot without looking, "just need.. new.." 

Mav saw him start to sway and rushed over, catching him as he fainted, "I gotcha." 

Slider grabbed his keys, "Mav, throw some clothes on him, we're going to the ER." 

They made it in record time, somehow catching every green light (probably because some God heard Slider threatening to call 911 for an escort). Ice hadn't regained consciousness throughout the drive, forcing Slider to pick him up, running into the ER, yelling about needing help. It was a scary few minutes, all the nurses trying to get Slider to put him on a gurney, but his protectiveness wouldn't let go of him. Mav had to hold Slider back as the nurses took Ice away to a room. 

Watching Ice wheeled away sent Slider into a panic and he started breathing shallowly. 

Mav saw this and put Slider in a chair, "Ron, breathe, Ice is fine!"  

Slider put his face in his hands and tried to control his breathing.

"Ron, Sli, please just breathe. Ice is going to be fine. It's ok, just breathe with me." 

After a few minutes of Mav trying to calm him down, a nurse came to see if he was alright.

"No," Mav looked worried, "look, he's not going to calm down until he's with Ice-Tom.. Lieutenant Tom Kazansky." 

The nurse saw the panic in Slider's eyes and softened quickly; knowing all too well this was a PTSD attack, "ok, come with me." 

Slider got up, barely able to see what was going on, the world getting a little fuzzy from lack of oxygen. He was aware someone was holding his arm and guiding him somewhere, but who it was was lost on him. Someone was talking to him, but he had stopped listening since hearing Tom's name. Suddenly he could see Tom unconscious on a bed and felt his heart shatter for a moment before he realized that the heart monitor was beeping. He was alive. He didn't need to panic. 

Regardless of what he told himself, he didn't calm down until Mav was putting Ice's hand in his and he could feel his pulse, "oh thank god." Slider didn't know he had spoken and just sunk to his knees, tears sliding down his face. 

"Ron?" Mav was rubbing his back, trying to bring him back, "Ice is ok. Can you hear me?" 

"Yeah," Slider nodded quickly, bringing Ice's hand to his lips and kissing it, "he's ok.. I hear ya."

"Good," Mav knelt down with him and made him look at him, wiping away the tears in his eyes, "Babe. Ice is fine. He's not going anywhere, ok? Just keep breathing." 

"I'm sorry," Slider got all choked up and put Ice's hand to his forehead. He cried out loud for a few minutes until he felt the tension leave his body and he could take a breath without feeling like a noose was around his neck. 

"Nothing to be sorry about," Mav held him from behind and kissed his back, "are you back to me?" 

Slider took a second before sniffling and wiping his eyes on his sleeve, "yeah." 

"Good," Mav kissed his cheek before speaking again, "Ice is just dehydrated and in pain. The nurses gave him some morphine and put him on fluids. He's going to be fine." 

"But-" Slider sniffed again, "he's never been in that kind of pain before." 

"Yeah, it's a really nasty bug," Mav began rubbing Slider's biceps, "They're sending him home with some antibiotics and a prescription for the pain. He's just got a really bad case of flu. He's going to be fine. Believe me."

Slider took a breathe and put his forehead on Ice's arm, suddenly exhausted, "yeah, Mav. I believe you." 

"Good," Mav stood up and took Slider's free hand, "now come crawl into bed with Ice and keep him company while I talk with the doctors, ok?" 

Slider nodded like an obedient child, too emotionally exhausted to care about what anyone else thought. He just got up and laid down next to Ice, on the opposite side of the wires, not wanting to mess with anything. When he laid down, he swore Ice had relaxed against him. He took that as a good sign and closed his eyes, falling asleep with Ice in his arms; like he always should be. 

Mav put a blanket over Slider and kissed the top of his head before heading out to the nurses, turning off the light in the process.

-------------------------------------------

Ice was allowed to leave that evening with a bunch of prescriptions; but he was ok with that since he was feeling loads better. His stomach had settled and the pain was now a dull ache. He still had no appetite, but accepted a bottle of pedialyte Slider had grabbed before driving them to the hospital. Ice was so embarrassed about fainting, but seeing the relief and fear is Slider's eyes made it all go away. He just wanted to hold Sli and kiss him until he was his happy RIO again. 

"I scared you-" 

"no," Slider hugged Ice, stopping just before they got to the car, "not you. the flu did." 

"You were crying," Ice moved back slightly so he could hold Slider's face in his hands, "Ron-" Ice didn't know what to say, mouth slightly parted as he looked for the words.

Slider just closed the distance and kissed Ice, right there in the parking lot. He wrapped his arms back around Ice's waist and deepened the kiss. It was heated and passionate, but mostly desperate. Slider's tongue had tasted every inch of Ice's mouth, even sucking on his bottom and top lip before pulling away, leaving Ice dazed. Slider put his forehead against Ice's, "don't leave me." 

Ice was so taken aback that he was just left there, mouth still hanging open.

"I can't live without you, ok?" Slider moved his hands up to hold Ice's, "just, promise me you'll try? ok?" 

"I-" Ice was a little scared with how desperate Slider looked and knew he'd had an episode in that hospital while he was unconscious, "I promise i'll try."

"That's all I want," Slider kissed him again, "just don't give up on me." 

"I could never give up on you-" 

"Don't give up on yourself," Slider was clearly talking about Ice's past suicide attempts.

"Ok," Ice pulled him in for a kiss, "I promise, while it's in my power, you will not lose me. ok?" 

Slider took a breathe and closed his eyes, just feeling Ice, "ok." 

"Good," Ice started to kiss Slider's face, "I love you, Ron." 

"I love you too," Slider kissed Ice's forehead, "Fuck, I love you so much." 

"I know," Ice rubbed Slider's chest, trying to calm him down.

Suddenly Slider looked at Mav, slightly angry, and pointed at him, "You!" 

Mav jumped a bit, eyes wide.

"Don't you dare do any dumb shit. I can't handle that right now." 

"ok," Mav nodded.

"I love you. You're an idiot and crazy, but I fucking love you and you better not die!" 

"I will do my best," Mav raised his hands in defeat, "don't yell in front of Ice." 

"I'm ok," Ice kissed Slider's chest, "let's go home before we draw a crowd." 

"Right," Slider was reluctant to let Ice go.

"I'm driving," Mav took the keys from Slider's pocket, "I don't think a jack hammer could take Ron's hands off you, Ice." 

Slider nodded, feeling like his hands were frozen, stuck attached to Ice. The idea of letting go was painful.

"Ron," Ice's voice was so soft.

"Get in the car, please?" Mav unlocked the car.

Ice opened the door and pulled Ron inside, buckling him in before himself, not making Ron let go of him at all. The drive was comfortably quiet. All just basking in being together, happy everyone was alright. When they got home, Ron unbuckled Ice and picked him up, holding him close as he walked into the house and laid down on the couch with Ice overtop him.

"Ice? do you think you can eat a little something?" 

"Maybe some soup?" Ice wanted to get better, if not for himself, then for them.

"Great," Mav kissed the top of his head, "and since you're being so good, I think some apple cider might be in order." 

Ice got comfortable with Slider, smiling to himself as he felt Slider relax, "sounds wonderful, Mav." 

Oh I’m sure you have 1001 requests to get to! Still I appreciate the update 🥰 as always your stories are 10/10. I’ve enjoyed being able to read them and it’s crazy to me you’ve written 72+ chapters all around the thruple! 

On 10/4/2022 at 2:19 AM, Mygyn said:

Oh I’m sure you have 1001 requests to get to! Still I appreciate the update 🥰 as always your stories are 10/10. I’ve enjoyed being able to read them and it’s crazy to me you’ve written 72+ chapters all around the thruple! 

XOXOXO 

Request:  " Something where Maverick is feeling out of place with the two of them and they comfort him"

I know i'm late on these prompts, but i'm moving, so things are a little crazy. I hope to eventually get through all of them, but here is October 4th's prompts..

Overthinking + Warm Drinks

and before you say it THERE IS NEVER A BAD TIME TO HAVE HOT CHOCOLATE! (especially if the marshmallows are in the shape of bats and pumpkins :P ) 

Hot Cocoa for the Soul

It should have been a good day. The leaves were turning, the air was getting cooler, and Ice started wearing those fucking tight sweaters that made it very hard to focus. He should have been happy and jumped Ice's bones, but instead he just felt, what's the word, left out? it wasn't really anyone's fault. He was probably overthinking, but what he saw in the morning gave him pause.

Ice, to no one's surprise, woke up earlier than either of them. What was surprising, was the Slider woke up before Mav. So, when Mav joined them in the kitchen, he wasn't expecting to see how efficiently they were making breakfast. it was so odd. Ice didn't need to tell Slider what he needed; just instantly getting the exact thing Ice was missing within seconds of Ice needing it. They were like a well-oiled machine. It was a little spooky. 

"Where's the-" 

"plates are stacked on your right, I'm setting the table right now, "Slider answered.

"Did you-" 

"Coffee is made and ready." 

"the-" 

"paper is by the front door and I handed the mail women the outgoing mail." 

Ice had just nodded and started putting food on the plates.

"That was terrifying," Mav crossed his arms over his chest, "have you always been able to read Ice's mind?" 

Slider turned around, not having really thought about it, "I don't know. I guess I just.. knew?" 

"Like I said," Mav stretched and joined them at the table, "scary." 

Maybe Mav had never noticed before, and Slider was always a step ahead. maybe this was just because he was his RIO for so long and spent every second together, but so did Mav. Why couldn't he read Ice's mind. Perhaps his mood was too obvious, or Ice could read his mind, but when breakfast was finished, Ice just sat there, staring at Mav.

Mav raised a brow, "what?" 

"You know what." 

"I'm fine, Ice," Mav sighed, silently wishing Ice would get out of his head.

"You're not fine, Pete," Ice looked down at Mav's plate, "you've barely eaten anything." 

Mav looked down at realized that was true. He was so caught up in his own self pity, he forgot there was food there, "wasn't done." 

Ice's eyes look soft, brow twitching as he tried not to look concerned.

"Finish it and maybe if you're up for it, we can go sit outside and watch the leaves fall?" 

Ice looked at Slider, like he always did when he was being romantic; like he wanted to eat him right then and there. Did Ice ever look at him like that? Did he only do that when they weren't looking? 

"Mav?" 

It was then that Mav realized Slider had posed the question at him, "oh.. yea, sure." 

"Great," Slider bent down to kiss Mav before walking outside to make the space cozy.

Without thinking, Mav got up and started putting the dishes in the dishwasher and cleaning up the kitchen. He was completely unaware that Ice was, indeed, staring at him like he wanted to eat him right then and there too.

Ice, finally having a moment to himself, got up and went to put on a sweater, grab his book and glasses, and stand by a window, feeling the sun on his skin. It was rare that he could actually just stop and exist. He was a busy body, always doing something all the time, but sometimes he let himself breathe and just feel. He could feeling someone, Mav, slip something into his hand; something hot. He looked down and saw a cup of tea, making him smile. It was then that he realized how stuffy he felt, his head hurting ever so slightly. 

Slider came back in, "ready whenever you guys are." 

Mav nodded and grabbed a few blankets, before heading outside to sit in his usual spot, the right most corner of the couch. 

Before Ice went outside, he went to the kitchen and saw that some cold meds were on the counter. He looked at the tea fondly before taking the medicine. When he came outside, he immediately went to Maverick and kissed his forehead, whispering a 'thank you.'

Mav looked confused, "for what?" 

Ice realized Mav must have done it all on auto-pilot, "just for being you, baby." 

Slider pulled Ice onto the couch and wrapped his arms around his middle, kissing his shoulder as he settled in. The leaves were beautiful. There were still some green leaves on the trees, but most of them had turned different shades of red, yellow, and brown, some falling out of the tree with the wind. There was a small pile beneath their trees of the colourful dead leaves that brought colour to the backyard. Despite the colder temperature, it all looked and felt so warm.

Ice unconsciously rubbed his nose, feeling it itch as his cold started to make itself known. He dreaded what came next, and lifted his elbow up, burying his face, stifling as many as he could before the last one slipped out, "-kiuh." 

The little sound made Slider chuckle and kiss the back of his neck, "bless you, doll." 

Mav had taken Ice's legs during the fit and started massaging his calves and feet, "feeling ok?" 

"i'm fine," Ice sniffed softly before resting back against Slider.

"If you say so," Mav started to massage up to his knees, "are you warm enough?" 

"Quite," Ice sipped his hot tea and scrunched his nose up as the steam tickled his nose.

"Good," Mav put a blanket over Ice's feet and his own lap, "It's so nice out here."

"it beautiful," Ice put his glasses on and stared at the tops of the trees.

"not as beautiful as you," Slider flirted before kissing Ice's lips.

Mav snorted, rolling his eyes.

"What?" Slider nudged him with his foot.

"nothin'," Mav shrugged and leaned back, staring at the trees." 

Slider gave Ice a look like 'what's up with him?'

Ice just softened and got up, "Pete, can you help me with something?" 

Mav immediately jumped up and followed him into the kitchen, "What's up?" 

"I was going to ask you, that," Ice put his tea down and leaned against the counter, "you've been upset all morning. What's wrong?" 

Mav sighed walked to the fridge, taking out the milk, "nothing's wrong," he also grabbed a saucepan from the cupboard and turned the stove on, "just tired." 

"You're clingy when you're tired," Ice knew what he was doing and grabbed the chocolate, "You only make Hot Chocolate when you're upset." 

"No I don't-" 

"Or when Bradley's upset," Ice correctly, handing him the chocolate, "what's going on?" 

Mav made the mistake of looking Ice in the eyes and shivered; feeling like he was staring into his soul with his big grey eyes, "shit." 

"hm?" 

"fine," Mav tore his eyes away and put some chocolate in the sauce pan before grabbing some spices, "just, don't be upset." 

"ok." 

For some reason, Mav believed him, "I just... You and Sli, you know everything about each other. He was finished sentences for you at breakfast. Hell, i'm pretty sure you only started those sentences for my benefit." 

"What?" 

"He can read your mind," Mav put his hands down and turned to Ice, "It's crazy. He knows what you need before you need it." 

"So do you-" 

"No, I don't," Mav rubbed his arms, "I can't read your mind, Ice."

"Neither can Ron," Ice stepped forward took hold of Mav's hands, "baby, did you make my tea this morning?" 

"What?" 

"I didn't make it, Ron didn't make it, so?" 

Mav looked over at the tea, "So?" 

"I usually drink coffee unless i'm sick." 

"What?" 

"I drink coffee, every day, with you two," Ice grabbed the mug and showed him the tea bag that was inside, "you put honey in it." 

"So-?" 

"You left cold medicine on the counter, cleaned the kitchen after breakfast so I could take a moment to myself," he scrunched his nose up, feeling itchy again, "you massaged my legs to keep me from freaking out about sneezing out loud." 

"I never thought about it before" Mav furrowed his brow.

"You know what I needed before I knew," Ice rubbed his thumbs along Mav's hands, "you were taking care of me while on autopilot." 

Mav paused, looking at the mug, then the cold meds on the counter, "I guess I did." 

"You didn't even realize you were doing it," Ice chuckled softly, "you know me just as well as Slider."

"Debatable," Mav did smile though, "are you really ok?" 

Ice sniffed and scrunched his nose up, "i'm alright." 

"oo 'alright'" Mav teased, "that's not a good sign." 

"hm," Ice agreed, feeling the tickle built up more, "I really don't want to sneeze again." 

"aww, baby," Mav pouted and moved closer to kiss his lips, "it's just you and me."

"I kno'huhw-" Ice turned away and pulled his sweater up over his face, leaving his lower stomach exposed, "Huh'schiew!-uschiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schew!"

"Bless," Mav pulled him back in and kissed his lips, "thanks for the pep talk. Now go lay down outside and rest. I've got the drinks." 

"Don't forget-" 

"The cinnamon, I know." 

Ice gave him a look.

"Point taken," Mav pulled him closer and kissed him again, "now go, before that sweater ends up on the floor." 

Ice raised his brow a bit before kissing Mav's forehead and walking back outside, stifling another set of sneezes into his arm as he got to the doorway. 

Mav watched as Slider pulled Ice back in and cuddled with him, clearly cooing over Ice's now stuffy voice. Mav made a mental note to give Ice a sinus massage tonight. Smiling, he stirred up the hot chocolate before pouring it into three mugs, garnishing them with some marshmallows and a cinnamon stick. Right before he left, he grabbed a box of tissues and came back out to see Ice sneezing again. 

Ice gratefully took the tissues and blew his nose, glad for some relief. 

"After we finish,  you're going back to bed before this turns into pneumonia," Mav put a blanket over Ice and touched his forehead, glad there was no fever.

Ice nodded, taking his cup and holding it close to his chest, glasses immediately fogging up; making them all laugh.

Mav realized he was over thinking this morning, and was glad Ice really did know everything. They were all in love with each other, just as much as the other. No one was more important or knew the other more. They just had different strengths, and there was nothing wrong with that. Besides, Mav's love language had always been act of service, while Slider's was touch. When he thought about it that way, the differences didn't seem so big, or important.

"I love you guys." 

"we love you too, Mav," Ice smiled slightly before sipping more cocoa.

"yeah, I know"