• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RemedyBane

• Mygyn

• Wolfwings22

• Loverofreading

13 hours ago, Mygyn said:

Okay! I freaking love this update! Messy sneezes are my favourite! The way that Ife sneezed on the mirror 10/10!!!

So glad you enjoyed it!! thanks for reading! XO

1 hour ago, Loverofreading said:

So cute! Maybe a mav one where he’s really sick? 

I hope this is ok!

Soup 

Maverick was laying down on his couch, content to try to sleep off whatever bug had taken over his system. He had never been so grateful to have decided not to move in with Slider and Ice. He was beginning to drift off when he heard keys in his lock; spoke too soon.

"Mitchell, why the hell am I getting a text from Carole saying you have quote- man flu- unquote?" Ice was standing in his doorway with what looked like a big tupperware of something.

Mav sat up slowly and glared at him, "I don't have man flu," he coughed openly before looking at Ice, "and you shouldn't be speaking." 

Ice raised a brow at him and put the tupperware on the counter, "Pete.. I got my voice back days ago," He picked up an empty bottle of Nyquil PM and frowned, "did you... drink all of this?" 

"it's medicine, thought you'd be happy.." 

"Not the entire bottle," Ice got that crease in his forehead that meant Mav was in trouble of a verbal lashing, but instead he just rubbed his forehead and put the bottle down, "please tell me this was at least over the course of a few days.." When he got no answer he looked over at him, "the course of a few hours?" Nothing again, "You drank-!" HE looked up at the ceiling, looking for the strength to not strangle his boyfriend, and took a deep breathe through his nose, "did you even eat anything.." 

"I had toast," only mav's eyes and up were visible from behind the couch, "felt nauseous.." 

"That's because you drank the entire bottle!" Ice facepalmed and Mav was worried he'd leave a mark, "Jesus Christ, Mitchell." 

"I take it, that's bad.." 

"...." Ice just stood there, mentally counting to ten.

"What's in the jars?" 

"What-?" Ice sort of forgot about the tupperware and had to do a double take as he noticed it on the counter, "These are not jars- how high are you right now?" 

"Ice, it's Hi, how are you." 

"very, then," Ice closed his eyes and seemed to count to 20 this time, "I'm going to heat up some soup, and you're eating all of it." 

Mav just pouted, "my stomach hurts." 

Ice picked up the bottle and debated throwing it across the room in frustration, "you can't chug medicine. That's how you get sick." 

"It's suppose to stop the sick.."

"in small doses, yes," Ice felt a headache begin, "this is going to be a long night." 

Mav sat up more, now his whole head was visible, "what kind of soup did you buy?" 

"buy?" Ice looked confused then looked back at his tupperware, "oh um.. matzah ball soup, thought it might help." He made the soup last night, wanting comfort food, and decided to bring it to Mav who he deemed needed it more.

"aww," Mav giggled a little, "you made me soup?" 

"thought I bought it?" Ice teased.

"you have that pride wrinkle in your forehead," Mav grinned at him, "You were offended I thought you bought it." 

"Pride wri-?" Ice put a hand on his forehead and frowned, not having noticed he was so easy to read, "i'll um.. heat this up.." 

After a few moments of Ice staring at the soup, letting his mind wander as he waiting, he felt Mav wrap his arms around his waist and felt Mav's face in his back, "hmm, you're so warm.." 

"have you taken your temperature?" Ice looked over his shoulder only to see Mav's hair, "do you have a fever?"

"I dunno, cold tho." 

"I'll take that as a yes," Ice turned around to hold Mav properly to his chest, "Will you let me take your temperature?" 

"Will you lie down with me?" 

"after you eat some soup," Ice kissed Mav's forehead and frowned at the heat, "oh, you're very warm.."

"You could just say i'm hot," Mav unceremoniously grabbed Ice's ass and squeezed, "I know you think i'm hot." 

"And here I was thinking you'd be less rowdy when you're sick," Ice rolled his eyes and moved Mav's hands, "Silly me.." 

Mav just grinned and moved to kiss Ice's lips, only to get his jaw when he turned his face away, "are you afraid of my germs?" 

Ice made a soft sound and ran a hand through Mav's hair, "just not in the mood for kisses right now, ok?" Of course he didn't want to get sick, but he was having a bit of a hard time with physically contact today. He was ignoring his own discomfort to hold Mav right now.

"ok, no kisses until i'm not sick anymore," Mav pouted but let Ice just hold him, "Smells good.." 

"that's good," ice rubbed Mav's back, "do you wanna sit on the couch and eat?"

"no," Mav sniffed and coughed a bit into Ice's chest, "that'll drive you crazy, and not in the fun way." 

"What?" 

Mav rolled his eyes like Ice was obtuse, "you get all nervous when we eat away from the table. Slider says it's because of you're dad, but i'm not suppose to know that.." 

Ice was genuinely shocked and needed a minute to process. He really didn't want to be touched right now, but he just swallowed thickly and tried not to look as panicked as he was, "I think you need to lye down." He wasn't angry that Slider told Mav about his abusive father, but he also wasn't ready for Maverick to know. He should have told Mav a long time ago, especially when he would stay over and Ice would get all clean freak randomly because he suddenly got nervous he would be yelled at if everything wasn't spotless. 

"Your heart's beating too fast," Mav frowned and broke from the hug to look at Ice's face, clearly searching for something, "ugh.. you're hard to read this way.." 

Ice swallowed and tried for a cocky smile, "I'm always hard to read." 

Mav's face dropped and he looked down a bit, "I took too much medicine.. I feel.. funny." 

"are you going to be sick?" Ice looked ready to grab a bowl or trash bin.

Mav just shook his head and frowned, "you're just a little fuzzy," he started laughing.

"ok, you need to sit down," Ice took Mav's arm and moved him to a chair by the counter, "just sit tight until the soup's done, ok?" 

Mav nodded and watched with hazy eyes as Ice went back to stirring the soup. He felt an itch and lifted his shirt over his face as he sneezed loudly, 'AGH!" 

Ice jumped, almost spilling the boiling soup on himself at the unsuspected loud noise, "Shit.." 

"Sorry-" Mav started laughing and coughing, "are you ok?" 

"Yeah, yeah," Ice waved him off and went to pour the soup, hands a little shaky as the adrenaline calmed down, spilling a little as ladled the soup into a bowl. 

Mav laid his head down on the table, missing Ice's spill, and closed his eyes.

Ice saw through his peripherals and frowned, "Mav, you gotta stay awake a little longer." 

Mav groaned and sat up, "tired.." 

"I know," Ice put the soup in front of Mav before cleaning up his mess, "try to eat some, then you can take a nap." 

"Bossy," Mav put a hand on his cheek, elbow on the table, as he lazily spooned some soup up to his mouth. He moaned at the taste and the warmth that spread through his body, "it's really good.." 

"eat, compliment me later," Ice ran a hand through his hair and put on the kettle.

"Are you making tea?" Mav frowned, hating the taste of tea.

"Not for you," Ice sighed, "I know you hate it."

"Does your throat hurt?" he kept eating between questions.

"no," Ice sort of lied, "I like tea." It would also help him calm down and hopefully make him not so twitchy. 

"oh," Mav cut into the Matzah ball and made sure he got some broth on the spoon too before eating. 

Mav finished the bowl of soup and found that it was extra hard to keep his eyes open. Ice had to carry Maverick to his bedroom, Maverick falling asleep in his arms. He tucked him in tightly and put a hand on his forehead, sighing when he didn't feel as warm as before.

Mav opened his eyes slightly, "Stay?" He weakly grabbed Ice's shirt and looked like a lost, sick, puppy.

Ice couldn't say no to that face, "ok," he crawled in behind Maverick and wrapped his arms around his middle, spooning as they both fell asleep. Ice had no idea how tired he'd been and promptly fell asleep listening to Maverick's soft sick snores. 

These stories were so awesome once again! You’ve really outdone yourself and it was everything that I had hoped for! Maverick and Slider caring for Ice and Ice being embarrassed by it is my absolutely favorite trope and you write it so well! If I could make another request I would love to see Ice afraid he’s going to wake Maverick and Slider while they’re all sleeping so Ice goes to sleep on the couch but he can’t stop sneezing and Maverick and Slider wake up and start to take care of him and reassure him that they’d rather have him sleeping beside them sick and sneezing instead of sleeping away from them on the couch. You write these characters so well and I feel like I can reach out and touch them they’re that well written! 

Seriously love your writing! Thank you for updating! At some point I would love for us to see Slider sick. With how much he likes sneezing  it would make sense for him to catch something at some point maybe after getting a little to close to ice! 

thank you for writing! 

Thank you so much for writing these! I love these so much. I’m looking forward to more. Especially maybe some allergic Ice 😉 maybe allergic to cats or something? 

Edited by Zane

If I don't quote your comment, it's just because i wanted to make sure I quote your request with your fic to make sure I don't skip any! I promise I love and appreciate all of the comments and requests! :) XOXOXO

11 hours ago, Loverofreading said:

So cute!!! Thank you! I’m excited to read more :) 

Thank you! I'm so glad you like it!!!

11 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

These stories were so awesome once again! You’ve really outdone yourself and it was everything that I had hoped for! Maverick and Slider caring for Ice and Ice being embarrassed by it is my absolutely favorite trope and you write it so well! If I could make another request I would love to see Ice afraid he’s going to wake Maverick and Slider while they’re all sleeping so Ice goes to sleep on the couch but he can’t stop sneezing and Maverick and Slider wake up and start to take care of him and reassure him that they’d rather have him sleeping beside them sick and sneezing instead of sleeping away from them on the couch. You write these characters so well and I feel like I can reach out and touch them they’re that well written! 

First come first serve: you're request is up first! xo I fucking love your comments so much. My heart can barely take it and I need all the love and joy I can get xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo I hope you feel me actually XOing you!

The Couch

The three of them had taken to bed earlier than usual because Ice wasn't feeling well and the others were so knackered from today's grueling training, that they all fell asleep the moment their heads hit the pillow. They were so tired that the bed was a mess of limbs, barely a blanket used. It could be argued that Ice had a fever, which made him not want a blanket, but the others were just to lazy to crawl into bed, and unceremoniously flopped down onto the mattress; Mav didn't even get a pillow. 

Ice woke up with an incessant tickle in his nose and buried his face in his pillow to try to stifle as many as he could in his weakened and half awake stage. He managed about six (he lost count) before he couldn't anymore and muffled them into the pillow so forcefully that he felt like he might break his nose, "hmpph-hmpph-hmphhshuh.. " He coughed into the pillow, unable to stop the spasm or quiet it any further. He managed to grab the water bottle he usually left on the side table and take a few sips to stop the coughing. When he was calm, he looked over and saw that the only change was Maverick was now on his back, arm draped over his eyes. Slider was still snoring, nose crooked from the way he leaned into the pillow. Ice wanted to turn Slider over onto his back so he could breathe better, but didn't want to risk waking him up and noticing Ice was struggling. 

Instead, he slowly got up off the bed and draped a blanket over his boys before going into the kitchen to refill his water and blow his nose. Stifling them wasn't his best idea, already feeling an added pressure in his head that made it hard to think. He knew it was probably just a bit of a headache mixed with exhaustion, but he was a bit worried he'd get another sinus infection. 

Before he could think too hard on it, he had to quickly grab more tissues, "Heh'ITsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-idshiew!" He blew his nose and hoped it would calm down the tickle, but it did nothing but bring on another fit, "hiiih-Etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsh-itdschiew!" blinking away iritated tears, he blew his nose more softly, sighing with relief when it didn't cause a third fit. 

After filling his water bottle, he grabbed a few tissue boxes and the trash can before settling down on the couch with a blanket and a pillow. He hoped he could get at least some sleep without coughing himself awake, but that felt impossible, as the moment he laid down he had to cough again. He muffled it into the blanket and sat up, hunching over his legs as he tried to get rid of the tickle. By the time his coughing fit ended, he felt congestion shift and his nose ran. He grabbed more tissues and made to blow but ended up sneezing instead, 'HEH'TDschiew!" he blew his nose, wincing a bit at how loud it was, "itsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tschew." 

Maverick started to feel a bit too warm and shifted, tossing the blanket off with his feet, but also ended up kicking Slider, who ungracefully fell off of the bed with a thump. 

Slider sat up and glared at Mav, "what the fuck, Mitchel?" He whisper yelled, not wanting to wake up Iceman, who he assumed to still be sleeping in bed.

"Sorry-" Mav moved his head to see if Ice was still asleep, "um.. Where's Ice?" 

"What? he's right there-" Slider stood up and frowned at the empty bed, "oh." 

Mav touched the spot where Ice was and frowned, "it's cold." 

They both turned their heads to the door when they heard muffled coughing coming from their living room.

"aww, honey," Slider got up and pulled Mav to his feet, "go get the cough medicine from the bathroom." 

"Ok ok.. if you're going to manhandle me, at least blow me first," Mav ran into the bathroom before Slider could retort or kick his ass.

Slider came out of the bedroom to see the light of the tv, some movie on with the volume off but subtitles on. Through the light of the tv he could see Ice laying down, tissue box in arms reach and seemingly trying to sleep between bouts of coughing. He felt his heart drop into his stomach and went to put on the kettle before joining Ice on the couch.

"Hey, hot shot," Slider knelt down and put a hand on Ice's forehead, "can't sleep?" 

Ice looked at Slider with watery and tired eyes, "Did I wake you up?" 

"no, Maverick kicked me out of bed," He made a face Ice knew was frustration, "literally." 

"Is he still asleep?" 

"no," Slider ran his fingers through Ice's hair, "He's getting your medicine. Why are you on the couch?" 

"I didn't want to wake you up with this," he gestured to the tissues and then coughed into his fist, "just don't feel good, Sli.." 

"Tom, this is precisely why you should wake us up," His hand lingers on Ice's forehead, "You need some TLC, and who best to give that to you than your favorite people in the world?"

Ice looked guilty, "But you are both so tired, you need to sleep." 

"Not nearly as much as you do," Slider let his hand move to his cheek, "love of my life," He made sure Ice was looking into his eyes, "we want to take care of you." 

Ice felt tears fall down his face as how sincere Slider was, "ok.." 

"good," Slider kissed Ice's little pink nose and then his lips, before looking back up and around, "where the hell is Pete?" 

"Just waiting for you to get your point across," Pete came out from the kitchen with a cup of tea and medicine, "didn't want to ruin the moment." 

"you are in this moment," Ice weakly sat up to look at his other boyfriend, "i'm sorry I worried you both.." 

"who was worried?" Mav put the tea on the coffee table and sat down by Ice's hip, "I wasn't worried." 

They both looked at Slider who glared at Maverick, "fine, I was worried," he blushed and looked down at Ice, "I don't like you being alone and sick." 

"I'm not alone," Ice pulled Slider closer and let Slider get in behind him, cuddling into his chest, "I've got you two." 

"yup," Mav measured out the medicine and handed it to Ice, watching him take the medicine before giving him the tea, "you're stuck with us." 

Ice rolled his eyes before taking the tissues from Slider and holding them up to his face, "HEtschiew-Etschiew-itschew-schew-tschiew!" 

"bless you," Slider started to kiss his shoulder. 

"neither of you can sleep with me," Ice blew his nose and coughed into the tissue, "you'll never fall asleep." 

"oh contraire," Slider kissed the top of his head, "You know I can sleep through anything, and Maverick barely sleeps as it is. He's running on pure spite and audacity." 

"mostly audacity," Mav pitched in before curling up to Ice and rubbing his chest as he coughed, "stop worrying about us and get some rest." 

Ice sniffed and rubbed his nose as he thought of what to say, "thanks.. for checking up on me." 

"always," Slider pulled the blanket up so Ice's chest was covered.

"who says this has anything to do with you?" Mav teased, "SLider has separation anxiety."

"and you?" Ice raised a brow, soothing Slider's noises of protest by squeezing his hand.

"Well," He grinned at Ice with the same cocky smile and look in his eyes that made Ice fall in love with him, "we all know I should never be left alone. I might just piss off the Navy." 

"That would be something he'd do in his sleep," Slider rubbed Ice's chest as another cough bothered him.

"you're insufferable," Ice scrunched his nose up as he waited for the sneeze to finally come, taking some tissues in preparation. It felt like forever as he stared at the opposite wall, willing the sneeze to manifest, "HETSCH!" He sneezed harshly into the tissue's folds and shivered, wincing at how it scrapped his throat, "tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tschiew." 

"That sound like it hurt," Mav fake pouted and handed him back to tea, "drink up, the honey should help your throat." 

Slider just kept kissing Ice's neck and shoulders.

Ice shrugged and finished off the tea, "try to get some sleep.. I'll try not to-"

"the only thing you'll be trying, is sleeping," Slider gently scolded and kissed his cheek, "lay down with me and just let yourself be as sick as your body needs to be." 

"but-"

"No ones annoyed with you, nor are we concerned about catching it," Slider was practically in Ice's head, "I've known you a long time. Have you ever seen me upset with you about being sick?"

Ice shook his head.

"Have you seen Pete?" 

Ice shook his head again.

"exactly," Slider kissed the top of his head, "we love you and want to take care of you, so just relax and let us." 

"Besides," Mav wrapped his arms around Ice's middle and smiled, "you're the cutest sick person I have ever seen." 

Ice blushed and buried his face in Slider's chest, "ok.." 

"Good," Slider turned off the tv and brought the tissues closer so Ice could reach them without having to move much, "don't worry about anything ok?" 

Ice bit the inside of his cheek before looking around, "are you warm enough?" 

"Yes, we are both just fine with our human heater," Mav wrapped his legs around Ice's, "In the morning, we should check your temperature. I think you have a fever." 

"that's a tomorrow problem," Slider closed his eyes, "Good night." 

"Itsch!" Ice sneezed into his fist, slightly spraying Slider's chest, "shih'orry..Itsch-itsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tschew!" 

"What did I say?" 

"don't worry about it," Ice sighed and sniffed.

"Good," Slider ran his thumb down Ice's bridge until he could run it under Ice's nose, mostly making a point that he's not worried about his germs, also because he liked the shape of Ice's nose and did that quite often. 

"good night," Mav yawned and closed his eyes.

"I love you both," ice kissed Slider's thumb, "Good night."

That was so good! I loved how Slider and Mav both reassured Ice and the sneezes were to die for! Keep up the amazing writing! 

22 hours ago, Mygyn said:

That was so good! I loved how Slider and Mav both reassured Ice and the sneezes were to die for! Keep up the amazing writing! 

On 7/9/2022 at 1:02 PM, Mygyn said:

Seriously love your writing! Thank you for updating! At some point I would love for us to see Slider sick. With how much he likes sneezing  it would make sense for him to catch something at some point maybe after getting a little to close to ice! 

thank you for writing! 

Thank you so so very much! XOXOXO Here's your sick Slider! Keep up the awesome requests XOXO

Contagion and It's Perks

Slider woke up to the smell of pancakes and syrup, smiling a bit as he turned onto his back and opened his eyes to see Ice coming into their shared bedroom with a tray of said food, "mhmm.. breakfast in bed? What did I do to deserve this?" 

"Take care of me," Ice waited for Slider to sit up before putting the tray down.

"You know I love taking care of you," Slider took Ice's now free hand, and pulled him to sit on the bed with him, "How are you feeling? Did you eat?" 

"Guilty," Ice put his head on Slider's shoulder after kissing his cheek, "You were coughing in your sleep... I got you sick." 

Slider just laughed and kissed Ice's head, "babe, it's ok, I don't mind being sick." 

"I mind," Ice sat up and looked at him, "you're going to be miserable." 

"i'm never miserable," Slider began to cut the pancakes before taking a bit, moaning as the taste hit his tongue, "I love your pancakes."

Ice picked up the medicine and handed it to Slider, "hopefully if you take this now, you won't feel like crap tonight." 

"Did you feel that bad?" Slider squeezed his boyfriend's leg before swallowing the pills, "babe, you should have told me you were miserable." 

"It doesn't matter how I felt," Ice rolled his eyes as he gestured to the tea, "no coffee until this cold is over." 

Slider mocked him slightly with his tone, "yes admiral, sir," He saluted before drinking the tea.

"be serious," Ice frowned and put a hand on his forehead, "you don't feel warm." 

"I rarely get fevers, babe," Slider took his hand and kissed it, "would you please relax? It's just a cough." 

"i'll relax after you eat," he got up, "When i get back, i expect this mostly finished."

"You're so bossy," Slider grinned, "I love it when you're bossy." 

"behave," Ice left the bedroom to clean up the kitchen. 

------

When Ice came back, the food was finished and Slider was nursing his tea, checking something on his phone.

"done?" Ice took the tray and moved it to the side table, intending on bringing it to the kitchen later, "do you need anything? are you warm enough?" 

"you-" Slider pulled Ice back into the bed and wrapped his arms around him, "to calm down." 

"I am perfectly calm," Ice kissed Slider's lips and moved his thumb across his cheek bone, "just a little worried." 

"I'm not going to die from a cold," He pulled ice in and kissed him again, moving his hands to reach under Ice's shirt, exploring his back muscles. He had memorized every inch of Ice's skin, but somehow he never got tired of exploring it. 

Ice gave in and moved to straddle Slider, removing his shirt and tossing it off of the bed, returning the kiss as soon as the shirt cleared his face. 

------------------

After a post sex nap, Slider found that the cold was starting to settle in. He felt a little sniffly and the coughing he'd been doing in his sleep came back. Needing to blow his nose, he got up out of bed and headed to the bathroom, faintly hearing Ice in the kitchen again. Curious, but mostly lonely, he made his way to the kitchen afterwards, finding Ice stirring something in a large pot; presumably soup. 

"what are you baking this tibe?" Slider scrunched his nose up and wrapped his arms around Ice.

Ice winced at the new congestion leaking into Slider's voice, "chicken noddle soup," he shrugged, "we had chicken we needed to use up, and pasta, so.." 

"perfect," Slider kissed along his neck, "Sbells great." 

Ice tried not to look annoyed, "you can't smell it."

"you don't kdnow that," Slider sniffed and rubbed his nose against Ice's shoulder.

"you're too congested," Ice turned around so he could face him, "you look tired."

"Gee, thangks," Slider kissed Ice, not letting him backtrack, "i'b sick, ib suppose to be tired." 

"the soup is almost done, do you want some now? or later?" 

"later," Slider hugged Ice and buried his face in his neck, "wandt you." 

"you just had me," Ice rubbed his back, "but I will join you on the couch?"

"cand we use the vicks?" 

"yeah," Ice frowned and kissed his head, "does your head hurt?" 

"dno," he coughed lightly into Ice's shoulder, "just helps." 

"ok, whatever you want," he ran his fingers thought Slider's hair, worry knotting his stomach, always nervous when Slider got sick. It had never been serious, but he couldn't help but feel awful when he couldn't just take whatever ailed him away with a kiss or food.

"why are you all dense?" 

"Dense?" 

"ndo..Dense..dea.. Cross" He stood up and put his fingers perpendicular to make a cross.

"Tense, right," Ice chuckled a bit and moved his hands up to gently poke at Slider's sinuses, "just a little cold in here, i'll grab a shirt in a minute." 

"id doesdn't hurd," the prodding was staring to make the congestion shift and he turned completely away from Ice, elbow coming up, "Agh!-chew... hih'Ahh!-chew.' 

"sorry," Ice rubbed his back as his RIO rubbed his eyes, "poor baby," he pouted his lips only to get kissed by said RIO.

"shud up," Slider kissed him again, "Sdop being so cude all poudy." 

"stop making me fall in love with you," He kissed him back, "It's really unfair." 

"doo lade," Slider sniffed and pulled him close again, kissing him deeper this time, grinning as he felt and heard Ice moan deep in his throat before pulling away, "go pud on a shird.. id's disdracding." 

Ice furrowed his brow for a moment before realizing what he said, "distracting? distracting you from what? Sleeping?" 

"Why would I wadt do sleep widh you walking around dnaked?" 

"I'm wearing pants," He moved the pot of soup off of the hot burner and turned the stove off before pulling Slider to the couch.

"Which is unfordudate," Slider gently pulled at Ice's belt loop.

"You can barely breathe as it is," Ice moved his hand away and gently pushed him to lay down on the sofa, "I'll be right back with Vicks and a shirt." 

Slider pouted as he watched him walk away, but still stared at his butt the entire time. He continued to pout until Ice came back, now wearing a long sleep shirt, "bissed you." 

Ice couldn't help the smile that forced its way to his face, "I missed you too." 

"good," Slider grabbed his hand and pulled him closer to the couch, still holding that hand as Ice straddled him on the couch, "dhoughd you said dno bore sex?" 

"I said I wasn't taking my pants off," He smirked a bit, "if you're good, maybe I'll change my mind." 

"I probise do be good," Slider pulled Ice closer by his hips, hands moving to cup Ice's butt. 

"you're insufferable," Ice shook his head and uncapped the Vicks, scrunching his nose up at the strong scent and ended up pulling his shirt over his face, "Etsch-etsch-etch-etch-etchew!" 

Slider squeezed his butt, "you're sendsidive, sdill."

"I forgot how strong this stuff is," he sniffed experimentally before grabbing some with his fingers and rubbing it onto Slider's smooth chest. 

Slider coughed into his arm as the vick's sent irritated his lungs. He could already feel his sinuses open up, which felt amazing. Ice's hands were cold and so was the vicks, making him shiver a little, but waved off Ice's concern, "feels good." 

Ice continued to massage the cream, trying not to breathe too much of it in less he need to sneeze again. He started to disassociate staring at Sli's chest, hands moving a bit further down. He wasn't really thinking and just allowing himself to focus on the feeling of Slider's muscles under his fingers. His chest felt so strong and well defined, he found himself lightly moving over them. 

"Ah!Chew."

Slider's sneeze snapped him out of it and he looked back up, blushing and a little startled.

"sorry," Slider tried not to laugh at Ice's face and just pulled him closer, "did I scare you?" 

"wasn't paying attention," Ice laughed it off and just put his face in his non-vicks hand. 

"I kdnow," Slider sat up so he was close enough to kiss Ice, "you're hordny." 

Ice looked flustered, "no.. i.. what?" 

"I'b shirdless and you're sidding on by cock, rubbing somedhing dhad looks like lube ondo by chesd," Sli kissed his lips again, "i'd be horndy doo." 

"maybe a little.." 

"dhere are sdudies dhad say sex helps ged over a cold." 

"it's great for congestion," Ice grinned and kissed Slider.

"jusd whad dhe docdor ordered."

Like always you knocked it out of the park! I love how affectionate those two are! Seriously thank you! 

On 7/9/2022 at 3:00 PM, Zane said:

Thank you so much for writing these! I love these so much. I’m looking forward to more. Especially maybe some allergic Ice 😉 maybe allergic to cats or something? 

I Got you babbyyy! XOXOXO. This one is for youuuuuu! 

Edit: I went off the rails with this one. i'm so sorry lol let me know if it's too much and you want a redo 😅 i'm happy to make allergic Ice till the cows come home.

1 hour ago, Mygyn said:

Like always you knocked it out of the park! I love how affectionate those two are! Seriously thank you! 

I'm so glad you liked it!! XOXO

The Cat

Mav knew he was in trouble the second he pulled off to the side of the road. A stray kitten was meowing by a bush, looking very dirty and very hungry. Clearly someone didn't want to take care of their cat anymore and just left it there to fend for itself. Mav knelt down and picked up the little white puff ball and checked the little one for any injuries or signs on infection. The little cat was a girl, with the biggest pair of blue eyes Mav had ever seen and he was smitten. 

"Shit," Mav tucked the little kitten into his jacket to try to warm it up, "Ice is gonna kill me." 

He was right. The second he walked into the house, Ice was already suspicious, giving him a once over before speaking, "why do you look guilty?" 

"I look guilty?" Mav looked at Slider for help but of course Slider just put down whatever he was doing and moved to stand by Ice, giving him the same once over.

"oh, you definitely did something," Slider put an arm around Ice, letting the smaller man lean into him, "we're tired, what did you do this time?" 

"well, It's not really something I did, but rather picked up-" 

Ice put up a hand, asking him to wait a moment before turning a bit into slider as he put a fist up to his face, "enkt-enkt-enkt-enkt-enkt-enkt-kt'uh.." He shook his head, "sorry, continue." 

Mav paused, watching Ice's display with dread, "please tell me you're sick." 

"he's not sick," Slider was gently rubbing Ice's back, "Why would you want him to be?" 

Well-" A meow came from his jacket and Mav watched as Ice suddenly looked nervous and Slider looked about ready to punch him in the face, "you're allergic to cats..." 

"yes," Ice started to look antsy, clearly wanting to get as far away from the cat as possible, "Why is there a cat in your jacket?" 

Mav watched Ice wrap an arm around Slider, clearly keeping Sli from killing him, "someone dumped her on the side of the road, and she looked so scared," he pulled the little white cat out of his jacket and held it close to his chest, now in view, "She kinda looks like you, Ice."

"i'm going to kill him, let me kill him," Slider glared at Mav then at the cat.

"no one's killing anyone," he rubbed his forehead, clearly already getting a headache from this situation, "of all the days, Mitchell." 

"I know we can't keep her," Mav tried to plead, "just let her stay until I can find her a home." 

"Give it to a petstore or something," Slider noticed Ice rub his nose out of the corner of his eye and turned to him, "you're not seriously thinking about it." 

"i'm not thinking anything besides how badly I'm going to need that benadryl," He pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes, "why couldn't you find a dog on the side of the road.. or a-" He waved his hand in the air, trying to find another example, "hampster?" 

"two days," Mav pleaded, looking at Ice and decidedly trying anything to not look at Slider.

"no!" Slider looked furious.

"we can't just throw the cat back on the street," Ice looked at the cat, "she is kinda cute." 

"you're going to be sick," Slider looked between them like they were both idiots.

Ice just shrugged, "I have sick days I need to use anyway," he sniffed and rubbed at his nose, "the cat needs to stay in the guest room, and whatever you wear has to in the wash immediately." 

These rules didn't last more than two hours. Slider had grown to liking the cat and would give it belly rubs and pets while following the rules, but Mav would sneak the kitten into the kitchen with him, then into the living room, etc. 

Ice started to feel sick and knew the rules weren't followed. His eyes were watering and he had to wear his glasses because it was getting hard to see. 

"You should wear your glasses more, you look hot," Mav smiled from the love seat a few feet away, the puff ball in his lap.

"Shut up," he glared before pinching his nose to stifle a fit of eight. 

"can you take allegra and benadryl?" Slider came back to the couch with the pills.

"no," Ice took the benadryl and swallowed it without water, "can't take two antihistamines at once."

"oh," Slider put the other pills on the counter and started to kiss along Ice's neck, "you agreed to this.." 

"I know," Ice rubbed his nose harshly with his sleeve covered hand, "it's only two days." 

"you already look like you're suffering," Slider kissed Ice's itchy nose and watched as he wrinkled his nose and sneezed.

"ITsh-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itschew!" He sighed, "I'd be fine if someone followed my rules." 

"She was lonely!" Mav pouted at Ice and the cat meowed in agreement.

"you don't get a vote," Ice pointed at the cat, doing his best to glare before sighing and resting against Slider, "i'm arguing with a cat.." 

"That's the benadryl" Slider kissed his head and rubbed his back, "who are you going to ask about taking the cat?" 

Mav wracked his brain for people, having completely forgot he wasn't keeping her, "Carole? Maybe Charlie-"

"Charlie?" Ice sat up, "You still talk to Charlie?" 

"no! no," Mav shook his head, already seeing the jealousy in Ice's face fade, "no, but I still have her number..." 

"Pete!" Slider rolled his eyes, "She's your ex!"

"I know," Mav put both hands up, "but if she takes the cat.." 

"you are sleeping on the couch," Ice groaned and got up, "I need air.." he coughed into his fist as he walked out of the house. 

Slider waited until Ice was outside to throw a pillow at Maverick, "Good job, dumbass."

"what did I do?" 

Slider looked about to strangle him, and when he stood up, Mav jumped up too, ready to run, but Slider just went to the front door to go find Ice.

"I clearly fucked up," he looked down at the cat, "but I have no idea what I did?" 

The cat just looked up at him before jumping out of his arms and towards the guest room.

"Does that mean you're mad at me too?" 

---------------------------- (outside)

Slider found Ice walking down the sidewalk to the right of the house and jogged to catch up with him, "wait!" 

For a moment Slider thought he was actually waiting for him, but then saw Ice duck into his shirt, "Etschiew-etschiew-etchew-etchiew-echkt-echkt-echkt-echkt-etckshuh!" 

"bless you," Slider caught up and wrapped an arm around his shoulders, "mind if I join you?" 

"Would it matter if I said yes?" Ice sniffed and coughed as he put his sunglasses on.

"i'm going to take the snarky remark as you saying you don't feel good." 

Ice sighed and rubbed his face, "yeah.. sorry," he leaned into Slider for a second in a half hug before continuing to walk, "just.. irritated." 

"you didn't just walk out here to get some fresh air," Slider took Ice's hand in his, refusing to let go, even though Ice looked nervous, "i'm not letting go of your hand until you realize i'm not going anywhere. You need to talk to me." 

Ice squeezed his hand, "I know you're not going to leave. I just-" he stopped walking again and lifted his elbow, "HASChiew!- ow." his glasses fell off of his face and thankfully, Slider caught them before they hit the pavement, "ugh..." 

"that was loud," Slider rubbed Ice's back as the continued to walk, "when we get back i'm kicking Mav out until he gets rid of that cat."

"at the moment, i'm inclined to agree," he took the tissues that Slider handed him and blew his nose.

Slider had figured he should grab a travel pack if Ice was going on a walk, "there's more going on than just the cat. What's wrong?" 

Ice continued to walk in silence for a little bit as he got the courage to just say it, "he's still talking to Charlie." 

"yeah, not his best move." 

Ice swallowed thickly before going to sit on a little wall separating the beach from the street, "do you think he misses her?" 

"of course not," Slider didn't miss a beat, knowing a good chunk of Ice's traumatic past and was used to these kinds of questions, "how could he? you're so much hotter than she is."

Ice rolled his eyes, "Sli.. Mav went from having a new girl every week, to suddenly living with two men," Ice laid down on the wall and stared at the sky, "I mean, I figured he'd get bored eventually, but I thought we'd have more time than this-"

"woah woah," Slider pulled Ice close by his feet so that he was situated between his legs, "i know where you're going with this. Mav wouldn't cheat on us." 

"Then why else would he have her number? it's not like she's capable of giving him anything other than a blowjob." 

"you give the best blow jobs," Slider tried at humor but failed, "seriously, Tom. How long have you been worried about this?" 

Ice took a deep breathe, watching the clouds roll past, "the whole time?" 

"tom!" 

"Think about it, Sli," he paused to stifle a few sneezed and sighed, "this is first male relationship. We started hot and heavy and he's never had a relationship that's lasted this long." 

"He loves us," Slider grabbed Ice's hand and pulled until Ice sat up and faced him, "He loves you." 

Ice took off his sunglasses to meet Slider's eyes, tears in his own, "I can't get cheated on again.. I really can't." 

"he's not cheating," Slider put both hands on his face and kissed him, "I know we don't always see eye to eye, but he's a good man. He's not cheating, ok? he's just a moron." 

Ice just sniffed and rested his forehead on Slider's, "I really don't want to go back home." 

"I don't blame you," Slider kissed Ice's nose then his two swollen eyes, "as much as I love your cute little sneezes, you look like you're miserable." 

"st'hah'p," Ice moved his face away from Sliders and sneezed into Slider's shoulder, "Itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tch-ch" he gasped for breathe before starting again, "Etsch-etsch-itsch-itsch-tsch-tsch-tschiew!" he coughed a bit before hitching again, "Etschii-tschii-tschii!" 

Slider just rubbed his back and held him close as the long fit continued, crease in his brow deepening, "shit, Ice.." 

"hiih.. hiiuhh' schiew!-schiew-shiew-schiew-schiew!" Ice coughed and practically melted into Slider's chest, "ugh.."

"are you dizzy?" Slider took out the tissues and wiped up his nose, ignoring the mess on his own shoulder, "can you breathe?" 

"I'm ok," Ice sniffed and closed his eyes, "just... winded." he took the tissues and thoroughly blew his nose, letting Slider take them to toss into the garbage not far from them.

"The cat leaves tonight," Slider kissed Ice's forehead and held him as he rested. He realized Ice had fallen asleep after a few minutes, the benadryl finally really kicking in. 

Slider felt his phone buzz and he reached into his pocket, careful not to disturb his boyfriend to read a message from Mav.

Mav: Charlie wants the cat. Can I give it to her? Or would that be bad? HELP PLS!

Slider sighed, feeling this scenario really was best and worst case. On one hand the cat would be gone tonight, but how would he tell Ice it was to Charlie. Another thought plagued him so he texted back.

Slider: Do you know where she lives?

Mav: ... yes?

"bastard-" he shut up when he felt Ice shift in his arms, blue eyes blinking up at him, "oh, babe, go back to sleep."

"who's a bastard?" Ice sat up and rubbed his eyes, looking around like he wasn't really sure where he was, "I don't remember falling asleep, i'm sorry." 

"don't apologize," Slider put the phone away and kissed his sleepy boyfriend, "I have good news." 

"Is the cat leaving?" 

"yup," Slider kissed him but the look in his eye gave him away.

"It's to Charlie isn't it," Ice scrunched up his nose and leaned back slightly away from Slider, "i'm going to guess.. he doesn't need her new address." 

"...no," Slider jumped up as Ice was suddenly walking very fast in the wrong direction of their house, "Where are you going?" 

"Anywhere else!" Ice threw his hands up in the air, silently praying Mav could hear his yell and punch the air. 

"Babe!" Slider caught up to him but didn't touch him, "slow down." 

"I'm so fucking stupid!" he pressed the palm of his hands into his eyes, "You warned me about this!" 

"I was wrong, babe!" Slider tugged on Ice's belt loop and forced him to turn to look at him and stop moving, "I was wrong

"no," Ice put a hand on Slider's chest, "you were right.. I'm an idiot, I should have checked the patterns-" 

Ice's rant was cut short when a car honked at them. Furious, Ice looked to see who was honking and it was Maverick, driving his car (to make matters worse).

Slider went to the window of the car, "What the fuck are you doing?" 

"Bringing the cat to Charlie's, like i'm supposed to?" 

"and you decided to put the cat in Ice's car?" 

"I couldn't bring her onto my motorcycle and I couldn't find your keys!" 

Slider felt his own keys in his pocket and groaned, "you make a lot of bad decisions, but tonight-" he let out a breathe through a small opening in his mouth like he was going to whistle, "Ice is pissed." 

"Fuck," Mav put his forehead on the steering wheel, "I know why he's mad, but I swear I just have her number because she still works at Top Gun. I don't even work with her-" Mav looked out of the window and frowned, "Where's Ice?" 

Slider had never turned so fast, "Shit, fuck," Slider looked around and found no trace of him, "shit." 

"Want me to circle the block-?"

"no, just get the cat and come find me," Slider ran a hand down his face, "i'm going to look for him and if I don't find him by the time you're back, we should just go home. If he wants to be found, i'll find him." 

Ice didn't know why he did it, but he just got some angry and upset that he couldn't stand to be anywhere near Maverick right at that moment; so he just walked away. He thought the anxiety in his chest would pass, but it only got worse and he realized he was panicking. He didn't even realize he started running until he was suddenly several blocks from where Slider and Maverick were talking. He felt like he couldn't breathe so he went to the only place he knew he could calm down. He ran to Top Gun. He needed something familiar to him. He didn't need his keys or card to get in, the officers on duty knowing his name and face, just letting through without question. It wasn't the first or last time he'd done this. It was something he could do to take his mind off of his problems. Most pilots did this, except instead of working on some junk plane someone found, Ice liked to look at old records and find what went wrong. In his own hanger, where his jet was, there were a bunch of files on his desk. It was his way of preparing for any given situation. If he could figure out what went wrong with these missions, he'd be better prepared if he fell into the same situation. 

He hadn't realized how late it had gotten until there was a mug of coffee being placed on the desk and a familiar hand on his shoulder. Even though it was familiar, he still flinched and moved away from the touch.

"easy now," It was Viper, "You look like you could use a pick me up." 

"sir," Ice stood up and saluted his superior.

"at ease," Viper motioned for him to sit back down and frowned at Ice's face, "what happened?" 

"ran into a cat," Ice tried not to rub his itchy eyes, "haven't come down yet." 

"you should be in bed, drugged." 

Ice actually laughed at that, "that's where the cat is, sir." 

Viper looked confused, "why is there a cat in your house?" 

"ask-" He stopped himself and rubbed his face, "ask my partner, sir." 

"Maverick brought a cat to the house, didn't he." Ice looked about ready to freak when Viper just put a hand on his shoulder, "I am the last person to judge on another's relationship." He noticed Ice relax a bit, "Maverick called me; told me what happened." 

"He shouldn't have called you-"

"yes he should have," Viper sat down in a chair he brought towards the desk, "I understand why you're upset. Maverick is.. a lot." 

Ice smiled a bit before putting a finger up, "so'hih..sorry-" he ducked away into his elbow, "ehkt-ehkt-ehkt-ehkt-ehkt-ehkt-ehkt-ehkt-chiew!" a blush was forming on his face as he sat back up, "sorry-"

"don't apologize," Viper patted Ice's leg, "you're the one who deserves an apology." 

"i'll get over it," Ice rubbed his eyes, "another dose of benadryl.."

"i'm not talking about the cat, but that is a good idea," Viper leaned back in the chair, "Charlie still works at Top Gun." 

Ice furrowed his brow, "I haven't seen her here since graduation?" 

"She came back after her DC job went bust," Viper gestured to the coffee and watched Ice take a sip, clearly worried about Ice passing out from the medication, "Maverick figured he might need her number and kept it. You and I both know that man can't say no to a pretty face." 

"Which is the problem," Ice took another sip of coffee, feeling a bit more coherent. 

"yes," Viper leaned forward and realized Ice was wearing glasses, but said nothing on it, "but he is also very loyal." 

Ice's hand was starting to shake and he put the coffee down, "I.." 

"Just give him a chance to explain. Communication isn't his strong suit," Viper stood up and put a hand on Ice's forehead, "go home, or better yet, call Maverick and have him pick you up. You look like you're about to faint." 

"Yes, sir," he handed the half drunk coffee back to Viper, "Thank you." 

"anytime, kid," Viper left the hanger just as Maverick came sprinting in.

"Let me explain!" 

Viper laughed and just walked away.

Ice, startled, jumped out of the chair and almost lost his balance, "oh.." 

"Ice?" Mav jogged over and took Ice's arm, helping him back into the chair, "are you dizzy?" 

"yeah," Ice blinked a bit at Mav's face, "think Viper.. drugged me." 

"what?" Mav looked confused, "I think you're having a bad reaction to the benadryl, you're too warm." 

"I feel.. weird," Ice's eyes rolled into his head and he fainted into Mav's arms. 

"Slider help!" Mav called over his shoulder as he caught Ice in his arms. 

Slider sprinted over from where he was hiding outside of the hanger door. When he got there, he checked Ice's pulse and found it really fast, "damn, he didn't fall asleep earlier.. he passed out." 

"why?!"

"He had a panic attack brought on by the benadryl," Slider effortlessly picked Ice up into his arms, "he gets anxious when he has to take it, and you cause a panic attack.."

"ok, i get it, my fault," Mav opened the car and let Ice and Slider in the back, "he just needs to sleep this off right?" 

"yeah."

------------------------------------

When Ice woke up, he found himself in bed, a very worried Slider running his fingers through his hair, "hi.."

"hey, babe," Slider kissed his lips before wiping away a stray tear that fell from Ice's left eye, "the doctor left, you had broken heart syndrome." 

"What?" 

"you're heart broke," Slider kept a hand over Ice's forehead, "you've been so stressed this past month and the thing with Mav sent you over the edge and your body just.. collapsed. Like a fake heart attack." 

Ice closed his eyes and sighed, "bed ridden, then?" 

"only a couple days," Slider bent down and kissed each of Ice's eyelids, his nose, then his lips, "you just need to take it easy." 

"and Mav?" 

"Sitting outside, pacing a whole in the floor," Slider pulled the covers back up over Ice's chest, "can he come in?" 

"yeah," Ice tried to sit up but Slider wouldn't let him.

"Stay laying down," Slider tucked him back in, "let us come to you, ok?"

He opened the bedroom door and Maverick walked in, looking extra guilty, holding a vase full of flowers, "hi." 

"hey," Ice looked at the white daisies, "you brought me flowers?" 

"I didn't know what to do," Mav put the flowers on the nightstand, "I broke your heart." 

"stress broke my heart," Ice coughed a little before reaching out to grab Mav's hand, "i'm sorry, I-" he seemed at a loss for words.

"You didn't do anything," Mav sat on the bed and held Ice's hand to his chest, "I messed up. I shouldn't have kept Charlie's number, much less kept contact. I just.. I didn't want her to hate me?" 

"No one could hate you," Ice sighed, "I over reacted.."

"you did not," Mav kissed his hand, "you were under a lot of stress and that was just the tipping point. I know what it feels like to feel the world was crashing around you. Slider told me what's been going on this month, and I'm really sorry you have to deal with that." 

"it's my job-"

"doesn't make it any less painful," Mav fussed with Ice's covers, "just.. talk to us when you get stressed ok? You scared the shit outta us just leaving like that." 

"I know, I'm sorry," he swallowed, tears coming to his eyes, "It just feels like I can't breathe... like the walls are closing in and there's no air." 

"i'm not saying down leave the room, Just let us come with you." 

"yeah," Ice nodded, "ok." 

Mav wiped the tears that fell from his cheeks with his thumb, "I love you so much." 

"I love you too, Pete." 

"alright," Slider came in with a cup of tea and a bottle of pills, "The doc is prescribing sertraline? It's supposed to help with anxiety. He said to take it every day with food and he'll check back in a couple months to see how you're doing." 

"is this a forever thing?" Ice looked wary.

"Not necessarily," Slider sat on the other side of the bed, "He wants you to take it because of your heart, but that's something you'll need to talk to him about later." 

"There's nothing wrong with taking meds," Mav helped Ice sit up, "It's there to help you, not hinder. Besides, it's navy approved and you're still able to fly." 

"They aren't grounding me?" 

"Well, until the doctor says you're fit for duty, you're on sick leave, but no, they aren't grounding you permanently." Slider handed him the tea and popped a little green pill, "just need to take it easy for a few days. ok?" 

Ice nodded and took the pill, swallowing it with some tea, 'i'm sorry.." 

"Stop apologizing," Slider slipped into the bed and wrapped his arms around Ice, "we aren't going anywhere, so just let us take care of you, please?" 

"I think I can do that." 

"finally," Slider kissed his cheek a few times, "taking care of us all the damn time," he moved Ice's face so he could kiss his lips, "now it's our turn." 

"as long as neither of you are cooking."

"yeah, Mav's already on pick up duty," Slider continued to kiss Ice everywhere, "He already grabbed a bunch of soup from the store; those panera bowl things." 

Ice smiled into his tea as he took a sip. 

"Do you want to go back to sleep or do you wanna watch a movie?" 

"movie," he finished the tea, "i'm tired of sleeping." 

"alright," Mav grabbed the remote and crawled into bed with his boys, "You pick." 

"i don't know any movies," Ice put the cup down and shimmied back over the covers, "pick whatever, I just want you both." 

"and you've got us," Slider held Ice from behind as Ice rested his head on maverick's chest, "and we've got you, babe." 

These all were so amazing!! Sorry it took me a minute to respond I had to do a training for work for a couple days and I had spotty Wifi at best but coming back and seeing these stories just warms my whole heart! I loved seeing Mav and Slider take care of Ice and not care that his sneezing would wake them up. It was pure perfection! Definitely makes everything in life seem so much brighter when I see that you’ve updated these stories! I was wondering if you could do one where ice has to be quiet for something (speech, lecture, movie and etc) so is stifling his sneezes until either slider mav or both take him somewhere away from everything so that he can have some relief from holding them back. Also if I ever do too many requests just let me know I know I can get carried away sometimes you just right these characters so well and I love seeing what you come up with with each and everyone of these stories. As always they are as incredible as ever!

Aww Ice can’t get a break can he! Loved the way you used the cat to let Ice deal with some of his insecurities well written! Loved the update! 

17 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

These all were so amazing!! Sorry it took me a minute to respond I had to do a training for work for a couple days and I had spotty Wifi at best but coming back and seeing these stories just warms my whole heart! I loved seeing Mav and Slider take care of Ice and not care that his sneezing would wake them up. It was pure perfection! Definitely makes everything in life seem so much brighter when I see that you’ve updated these stories! I was wondering if you could do one where ice has to be quiet for something (speech, lecture, movie and etc) so is stifling his sneezes until either slider mav or both take him somewhere away from everything so that he can have some relief from holding them back. Also if I ever do too many requests just let me know I know I can get carried away sometimes you just right these characters so well and I love seeing what you come up with with each and everyone of these stories. As always they are as incredible as ever!

No such thing as too many requests! XOXOXO My whole heart exploded reading this. Thank you so much for saying that. 🥺😭:inlove: 

15 hours ago, Mygyn said:

Aww Ice can’t get a break can he! Loved the way you used the cat to let Ice deal with some of his insecurities well written! Loved the update! 

I'm vindictive like that. He shall never catch a break on my watch lol. Thank you for reading XOXO 

Quiet

Ice walked into the conference room, sitting in the back hoping to be as far away from people as possible. He'd been really sniffly today after him and Slider had kinky morning sex. He smiled to himself as he remembered the words Slider moaned. He leaned back in his chair, drinking in the memory of Slider all sweaty and turned on-

his thoughts were interrupted by someone whispering in his ear behind him, "Fancy seeing you here, sexy."

Ice snapped out of it and turned to see Maverick grinning at him, "what are you doing here?" 

"What do you mean? I love aviator seminars," he sat down next to Ice, much to Ice's chagrin.

"The speaker's a woman isn't it?" Ice looked up at someone taking the podium, "Charlie, makes sense." 

"Hey, I came here to listen to..." mav looked around for a poster of some kind.

"The efficiency of gas milage between the F-16 and the F-18?" Ice raised a brow at Mav, who's face dropped.

"ok, Didn't know it would be that boring," Mav sunk in the chair.

"I'm messing with you," Ice huffed a small laugh, "but that does explain why you're really here. Reigniting an old flame? How do you know she hasn't moved on?" 

"I don't," Mav moved closer to Ice as a woman decided to sit not far from them a row above, "doesn't hurt to try." 

"It might if he's bigger than you," Ice scrunched up his nose before sniffling, "he might not take too kindly to you trying to get with his girlfriend."

"hopefully It won't come to that," he puffed out his cheeks before giving Ice a once over, "you ok?" 

Ice nodded before ducking into his elbow, away from Mav, stifling a fit of six. 

"short one," Mav took a look around the room, letting Ice compose himself, "so why are you here?" 

"I hate that you count," he scrunched his nose up again, "I actually like to know what's going on with aircraft designs."  

"Of course, you do," Mav shook his head, "I'm guessing even you're most charming smile couldn't get Slider to join you?" 

"You think my smile is charming?" he smiled at Mav, watching the smaller man blush and cross his arms.

"no," He glanced at Ice through his peripherals, "your smile is bigger than your ego, and that's saying something." 

"Jealous?" Ice hid his smile behind the back of his hand, rubbing his now itchy nose.

"I Do just fine without-" 

"--chiew." Ice tried to stifling into the back of his hand but failed, "sorry." 

Mav couldn't help but laugh, "how was I ever intimidated by you with a sneeze like that?" 

"you were intimidated?" Ice sniffed and put his hand down.

"A little," Mav watched as Ice scrunched his nose for what seemed like the hundredth time, "don't let that get to your head." 

"I'll try my best," they were both shushed by the woman and they promptly apologized as Charlie began her lecture. 

Ice thought his reaction was just residual from Slider playing with him this morning, but he slowly realized the lady near them was wearing a god awful amount of perfume; something very floral and strong. His nose felt like there was a feather inside after only 10 minutes into the presentation, and he found himself wishing he had just stayed home with Slider. What made this worse was that Maverick was sitting right next to him, able to see and feel every time Ice turned away to stifle, silently, into his arm or hand (as they got harder to stifle). It was another 15 before his throat began to feel itchy and his eyes stung. He was pretty sure he had about six different sneezing fits while sitting here and it was clear Maverick was paying more and more attention. It was humiliating. 

Suddenly, there was a hand on his arm and Mav was pulling Ice up out of the chair and out of the conference room. He kept pulling Ice until they were outside, on a bench, away from everyone. Ice took the opportunity to cough into his arm, finally feeling relief.

"It was that woman's perfume, wasn't it?" Mav was rubbing his back, looking genuinely worried about him.

"y'heh'es.." Ice pulled his shirt over his face and turned back into his elbow, "AHtschiew-aschiew-achiew-achiew-aschiew-achiew-achiew!" He coughed a bit harder this time into his shirt before coming back up, "I don't usually have-" he sighed and turned back into his elbow, "TDSch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tschiew!" 

"shit, Ice," Mav continued to rub his back, "just breathe, we can talk when you calm down." 

Ice felt his eyes begin to swell and groaned, putting the palms of his hands into his eyes, "I'm fine." 

"Clearly," Mav pulled Ice's hands down, seeing how he was having a bit of trouble opening them properly, "do you have any meds in your car?" 

Ice nodded, before turning away again, "Hetschiew-etschiew-estchiew-etschiew-etschiew-estchiew-tschiew-tschiew-tschiew!" 

"Give me your keys, and i'll grab them and come back," Mav reached into Ice's pocket before he could respond, taking the keys, already running towards the garage, faintly hearing Ice call out to him about a black bag.

The first place he looked for the bag was the trunk, but mentally facepalmed when he realized that wasn't the best place for medicine and went to check the glove box and center console. Third time's the charm. He grabbed the little black bag before locking the car and running back to where he left Ice. He wasn't sure what he was expecting, but Ice with his face in his hands, coughing wetly, wasn't it. 

"i've only been gone a few minutes," mav handed the bag to Ice and rubbing his back as he heard wheezing, "do you want me to call Slider?" 

Ice shook his head and took an inhaler from the bag, taking a few puffs from it before coughing again.

"You have asthma?" He was really lost, considering he wouldn't be clear to fly if he did.

Ice just shook his head before coughing again and handing Mav the inhaler for him to read. 

"When did you have bronchitis?" Mav had seen Ice recently and didn't remember him having a cough; then again he wasn't paying the most attention. 

Ice looked at him like he was an idiot before taking the inhaler back and searching through his bag for a bottle of alegra, only stopping when he had to sneeze again, "tdsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tschiew- fuck." 

Mav went back to rubbing his back, "probably best you miss out on this conference." 

"no.. shit.." Ice was trying to catch his breathe, feeling a little dizzy.

Mav found Ice's phone on the floor and picked it up, screen immediately lighting up, "uh, Ice... You have 5 missed calls." 

"What?" Ice looked over at Mav, not having realized his phone fell out of his pocket and took it, "Shit." 

"Slider?" Mav watched as Ice nodded and stifled another fit of 8, "the whole reason I dragged you outside was so that you didn't need to do that anymore." 

Ice just handed him the phone with Slider being called.

"oh, shit, ok," he put the phone to his ear to hear Slider answer.

"Babe, you forgot your meds, I've been trying to call you-"

"It's not Ice, It's Mav," Mav frowned when Ice started coughing again, "Ice is fine, just.. irritated." 

"I can hear him coughing, is he wheezing?" 

"A little, but I got his black bag and he took an inhaler-"

"oh good, he took the spare," Slider sighed, "Why do you have Ice's phone?" 

"well," Mav looked at Ice, asking silently for permission to tell him, waiting for Ice's nod of approval, "He had a bad reaction to someone's perfume so I took him outside for some air." 

"put him on the phone," Slider sounded angry and Mav just looked at Ice with raised brows.

Ice took the phone, taking another hit of the inhaler, "Don't yell.. at him." 

"i'm not yelling, but i'm coming to pick you up-" 

"no, i'm fine," 

"no you're not," There was some rustling on the other end, "give the phone back to Maverick." 

"did you just.. want to.. hear me .. breathe?" 

"Yes." 

Ice handed the phone back to Mav and went back to putting the palms back in his eyes. 

"Hello," Mav sing-songed.

"shut up, did you drive there?" 

"how can I answer that if you told me to shut up?" 

"Mitchell," Slider made it sound like a warning, voice dropping low almost to a growl.

"I walked here," Mav didn't want to mention he had come from Charlie's house, but that wasn't Slider's business, "i'll drive him home." 

"How is he?" 

"Better than he was ten minutes ago-" 

"He's been sick for over ten minutes and you didn't call me?!" 

Ice flinched when he heard Slider yell, looking apologetically at Mav.

"We had it well in hand, thank you very much," Mav squeezed Ice's shoulder, not caring about being yelled at, "you're freaking Ice out with all this yelling." 

"Fuck.. shit.. i'm sorry," Slider clearly put keys down as there was a clinking sound on the line.

"he'll be home in 30, just breathe," Mav hung up and handed Ice the phone, "think you're ok to head back?"

Ice grabbed his black bag and stood up, "yeah... knew I should.. have stayed.. home." 

The coughing that followed worried Maverick, "you sound like you shouldn't have left the bed." 

"Slider said.. the same.." he coughed again, suddenly looking exhausted. 

"We finally agree on something," Mav unlocked the car and hopped into the driver's side, "Why am I not surprised this car is pristine?" 

Ice didn't respond and just put his seatbelt on, rubbing his forehead.

"seriously, it looks brand new," He pulled out of the garage and started the drive home, content in Ice's silence; listening to his labored breathing, glad it was becoming more regular. 

----------------------------

Slider was standing outside of the house, clearly worried, arms crossed, furrow in his brow, staring at Maverick with a glare that could shatter glass, as mav pulled into the driveway.

"how is it," Slider didn't move to help Ice out of the car, but stared at maverick, "that everytime something bad happens, you're involved." 

"just lucky, I guess," Mav grinned as he got out of the car.

"not his fault," Ice got out and looked at Slider, instantly calming Slider's mood.

Slider finally moved and wrapped his arms around Ice in a hug, "I should have come with you." 

"I should have listened to you," Ice hugged him back, "wasn't ready." 

"babe," Slider kissed his forehead, "you sound like you're in pain." 

"just a bit," he sniffed and scrunched his face up, "swollen." 

Slider looked at Maverick and nodded toward the house, "get inside before I change my mind." 

Mav ended up staying for lunch and then dinner, helping take care of Ice, and keeping Slider from fussing too much. It was a nice balance and Mav had completely forgot about seeing Charlie. He was happy just sitting with Ice, watching movies and making tea. It was those domestic moments you don't realize you miss until you have them again. Slider eventually warmed up to Mav and told him to stay the night (on the couch), making some excuse about not wanting Maverick to walk this late at night. Mav didn't want to go so he just nodded and slept on the couch, having the best sleep he'd had in a while. 

🥰 this one was a great update! I love how Mac completely forgot charlie after seeing Ice! And then Slider warmed up and let Mav spend the night!

I love your writing!!! These are amazing!! I was wondering if you could do one where Mav shows his own insecurities, like Ice did? Maybe where Mav gets sick but isn’t secure in his relationship with slider and ice so he tries to hide it by staying at his own house instead of theirs? 

This was pure pure perfection! I loved every single word of it and it was everything that I hoped for and more! The way you had Maverick lightly teasing Ice and Ice giving it right back brought such happiness to my soul. Every update is incredible and is the highlight of my entire day/week. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve read these, or pulled these stories up when I’m having a really hard time and they just bring me such joy. Thank you so much for writing all of them because they’re so good and so appreciated.

As for another prompt maybe one where Ice gets grounded from flying because he’s too sick and he becomes frustrated by Slider and Maverick are there to comfort him through it and do whatever they can to take his mind off of it. That would be incredible!

So a prompt bubble just came to me what about a story where Mav has to watch a toddler rooster for the weekend but he ends up catching something from him and bringing it back to ice and Slider!

julittle life update. I'm on VACAY with family, so I probably won't get an update until this SUNDAY (july 17th). If I don't have an update by then, please private message me. Thank you all so much for reading and I promise I Will get to all the prompts eventually ! XOXOXO

Also, I just got hired as a research coordinator (my first job out of University) so i'm celebrating a bit on this holliday! feel free to message me anything, I still answer, I just don't want to give you a tipsy update instead of the proper one you all deserve xoxox see you soon! XOXO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTINUE TO SEND PROMPTS!

Congratulations on your new job! I know you’ll be amazing at it! And enjoy your vacation as well since I know how time consuming University is and I know you’ve earned a much deserved break! 😃

IM BACK! im sorry I haven't posted in a minute! I will get to everyone's request ASAP. But for this entry I wanted to no longer ignore a request i got on AO3

"If you still receive requests, I want to see Iceman passing out wearing dress white at the party. Or Fainting in cockpit after dogfight that he could not avoid(like there were bogies and every fighter pilot had to be in the sky).
I read every chapter three times today. I love Ice to show weaknesses to his boyfriends and lean on them when he need to. Nobody's perfect.
your works are so beautiful and lovely. Thank you so much♡♡♡"

The Collapse

Ice felt like crap. He really didn't have any other way he could think to put it. He had gone to the infirmary for any medication that could help ease the pressure in his head, but just after getting some medicine, he was being called to fly. He was confused at first, having called in sick, but when he heard the alarms and every pilot sprinting to their aircrafts, he just sprinted to his, clapping Slider on the shoulder as they found each other, silently telling him he was good and ready. They launched in the air as fast as possible, only having to fly for a few minutes before he could see what was wrong. There were bogies everywhere and the team that was sent before were outnumbered. He quickly set up their weapons system and took down two bogies before the real fight started. 

His head was killing him, and he constantly felt like he was going to pass out, but he had to keep going. He couldn't let anything happen to Slider. So, he stuck it out and managed to take down two more before the rest retreated and they were being summoned back to the ship. By that time, he was sweating through his clothes, and Slider's voice was becoming harder and harder to distinguish from everyone else. As he descended to landing site, he could only hear his heart in his ears as black was beginning to cover the edges of his vision. The last thing he remembered was a harsh landed, the ropes pulling their plane to a holt, then... nothing. 

--------------------

"woah, little bumpy, Ice, you ok?" Slider popped the top and stood up only to see his Pilot slumped over the console, unresponsive, "Ice?" He jumped up and screamed, "SOMEONE GET MEDICAL!" Slider grabbed Ice and pulled him into a sitting position, taking off his mask and unbuckling him the best he could with being behind him still, "ICE.. TOM! WAKE UP!" His own heart was hammering in his chest and he felt like it was going to explode. 

-----------------------------

Ice suddenly woke up, opening his eyes to see a bunch of fluorescent lights blinding him, making his migraine all the more painful. He squeezed his eyes shut, feeling a sudden wave of nausea hit him, bolting upright, and taking the basin someone handed him, vomiting. 

"Jesus," Slider was sitting on the bed and rubbing his back as he watched his boyfriend throw up what little food he'd had over the last few days, "You done?" 

Ice shakily put the basin down and sipped the water Slider had given him. He hadn't even figured out it was Slider who was next to him, talking, existing. All he could focus on was the sickening hospital smell and how the walls seemed to keep moving.

"Tom?" Slider put a hand on his forehead before making a displeased sound and pushing Ice back onto the bed; feeling his heart drop when Ice made a noise of discomfort. 

Ice finally looked at who it was, not having registered there was a hand on his head, "Ron?" 

"Yeah, hey," Slider pushed Ice's sweaty hair back from his forehead, staring into those glassy blue/green eyes, "you're really sick, Ice." 

"I don't remember.." 

"You got 4 Bogies, people are losing their minds," Slider smiled at him, "All with a fever of 103." 

Tom just shivered and pulled the blankets over him, looking ashamed.

"hey, i'm not mad," Slider laid down beside him and pulled him close to his chest, "You went to med bay and they ignored you. That's not your fault." He felt Ice start to shake and realized Ice was crying, "oh, babe..." 

Through tears, Ice tried to speak, "everything's.. moving.. and i'm so cold.." he started crying harder, "my head.." 

Slider held him tight, trying to block as much light as he could near him, "It all feels a lot worse from being high up. Doc said you'll feel better after some rest and the morphine kicks in."

Ice tried to stop crying, but just ended up coughing harshly for his trouble. 

Slider winced, hating himself for not doing something to stop Ice from flying, "it's gonna be ok... we can go home in a few hours, and we can turn off all the lights, shut every blind, and just sleep until you feel ok again." 

At that moment, Maverick ran into the room and frowned, "Who the fuck let you fly with a fever of 104!" 

"104?" Slider looked up lost, "I was told 103!" 

"I'm going to kill someone-"

Ice whined and pulled Slider closer, breathing heavily.

"shh.. ok.. we'll shush," Slider glanced at Maverick, who turned off the lights to the hospital room and came to lay on Ice's other side, "We've got you." 

Mav just began to kiss Ice's back, neck, and head, wanting to give quiet reassurance. It took a while, but the morphine finally kicked in and Ice was out cold. Neither of them moved until the doctor said they could bring Ice home when he wakes up, along with a laundry list of medication that neither of them had expected, but didn't question. 

--------------------------

Ice managed to sleep the rest of the day, night, and well into the next morning. When he finally did wake up, he realized his headache was gone, but his head cold was clearly in full swing and moving towards his chest. Sighing, he sat up and went to take a shower, coughing the whole way there and then some. 

Mav heard him coughing and went into the bathroom, leaning against the wall as Ice began to wash himself, "how are you feeling?" 

Ice wasn't phased by the intrusion, "cold.. sick.." he coughed again, this time it had some heaviness to it. 

"Doc doesn't want you on your feet too much," Mav frowned as Ice leaned against the shower wall.

"I know," Ice looked over at Mav for the first time, "I don't have a lot of energy anyway.." 

"can I join you?" Mav waited for Ice to nod before taking off his clothes and coming in, wrapping his arms around Ice's waist, "you're still feverish." 

"I'm sorry.."

"hey, no," Mav grabbed the rag he was using earlier and began to wash Ice's back, "you have nothing to apologize for. Slider is changing the sheets and I ordered soup about twenty minutes ago, so when we're done here, you can lay back down, having something to eat, and relax." 

Ice simply nodded before ducking into his chest, "KTdsch-ktdsch-kdsch-kdsch-ktdsch-ktsdchiew!" the congestion gave his eyes a heavy look to them, a bit puffy and tired. 

"bless you," he held Ice up as the fit practically took the last of his energy, "let's dry you off and back to bed before you collapse again." 

Ice simply nodded and left the shower with Mav, leaning against the sink as he let Mav dry him off. He was so oblivious, he hadn't heard Slider come in, until his arms were around his waist.

"Woah there," Slider had to catch Ice as he was leaned precariously to the side, slowly falling, "I gotcha." 

Ice grabbed Slider's arms and tried to steady himself, needing the grounding.

"can I carry you?" 

Ice looked hesitant for a moment before giving in and nodding. Slider effortlessly picked him up and brought him over to bed where Ice allowed Slider to help him into pants and a sweatshirt before being tucked back into bed.

"Soups here," Mav came back with a steaming bowl of soup and a cup of tea, "hungry?" 

Ice weakly sat up and shrugged, "I could eat.." 

"Good," Mav handed him the soup and sat by his legs, gently rubbing them. 

They both took care of Ice, not really letting him do anything until the doctor gave him the all clear, and even then, they were warry. In any other circumstance, he probably would have been embarrassed, but he loved them and they loved him, and it just felt.. comfortable; and he was good with comfortable. 

Comment Action
Post Com
On 7/12/2022 at 8:03 AM, Mygyn said:

🥰 this one was a great update! I love how Mac completely forgot charlie after seeing Ice! And then Slider warmed up and let Mav spend the night!

On 7/20/2022 at 2:28 PM, Mygyn said:

Thanks for updating!!! 10/10!

Thank you so much for all the love!! I also see you found me on AO3 lol LOVE YOU XOXO

On 7/20/2022 at 8:31 AM, Loverofreading said:

Love it as usual! I hope you had a great vacation! 

It was alright. Thank you for reading! XOXOXOXO 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:12 AM, Loverofreading said:

I love your writing!!! These are amazing!! I was wondering if you could do one where Mav shows his own insecurities, like Ice did? Maybe where Mav gets sick but isn’t secure in his relationship with slider and ice so he tries to hide it by staying at his own house instead of theirs? 

Here's your Fic. Sorry it took so long! Hope this qualifies! XOX

Insecurities and Panic

Mav knew he had gotten sick. He knew it the moment he woke up and felt like a pile of rocks, unable to move without something moving for him. His first thought was to stay in bed, tell everyone to fuck off, and just sleep this off; but, he was already in hot water and forced himself to get up. He could tell the med unit that he's sick after he finishes that report for someadmirall whose name he'd forgotten. He jumped when his phone went off, a text coming through.

Good Morning, Sunshine- Ice always sent a good morning text, a little worried Mav would sleep through his alarm. 

I"m up. See you soon- Mav texted back before throwing his phone on the bed and taking a shower; hoping the hot water would sooth his aching body. 

I have the flu, So I won't be in. Be good.- Ice's text when unanswered as usual, mostly because Mav never looks at his phone unless it's buzzing relentlessly. Ice knew he probably would get left on read, but wasn't worried; deciding not to text or call again. 

Mav headed to base and wrote that report as fast as he could, ignoring the spelling mistakes he was making, head too fuzzy and he felt a headache coming on. After he finished writing it, he realized his handwriting towards the end was a little wobbly, just not realizing his hand was shaking. 

"Captain Mitchell!" Said Admiral was standing before him, "Is that my report?" 

"Yes sir," Mitchel stood in salute before standing at attention.

"Jesus, kid," The Admiral came closer to him and took his face in his hands, startling Maverick, "go to med bay, you're done for today." 

"Yes sir," He was so relieved. His stomach felt like it was going to turn itself inside out and he ran to the med bay, just to throw up in their garbage can.

"Good morning to you too," The medic greeting a puking Mitchell with a face that just screamed he was not the first person to come in like this, "Flu's going around, Here's a Z pack, have someone take you home," The doc thought for a second, taking in Mitchell's appearance, "bring a bucket with you.." 

Mitchel just nodded, taking a bucket from the large stack and the Z pack, zombie-like walking to his car. He knows he should have called Ice or Slider, but he couldn't bring himself to touch his phone. Growing up without his father, and his mother being a complete wreck, he was always left to fend for himself. With Goose, he had someone to take care of him, but it was still so new to him. Asking for help. Letting someone care about him like that. No, Ice and Sli couldn't see him like this. He didn't want to be a burden. 

For the first time in his life, he drove slowly and carefully back to his apartment. His parking was terrible, but he was just glad to be home and he could just collapse on his couch.. or the floor.. whichever came first. Thankfully, he made it inside before his stomach hurt again, and he sprinted to his bathroom, dropping the bucket, and puking into the toilet. After cleaning himself up, he chucked his jacket off and fell on top of the bed, passing out before his head hit the pillow. 

After a wonderful three hour nap, Maverick was awoken by this strange vibration that seemed to go across the bed. Slowly opening his eyes, he noticed his phone had lit up, then stopped vibrating. Confused, he took his phone to see 8 missed calls from Ice and 3 missed Calls from Slider,amidst a bunch of texts. 

Hey, heard med bay sent you home? Are you ok? Did you get the flu?- Ice

"Mav? Who drove you home? - Ice

"DID YOU DRIVE YOURSELF??- Ice

"i'm not mad! I'm just concerned. My friend in Medical said you came in throwing up and barely conscious. Please tell me you're safe?- Ice

"Maverick?" -Ice

"Mav!" -Ice

"PETE!- Ice

"Will you answer Ice, he's putting on clothes to come find you!- Slider

"If you don't answer me in the next 5 minutes, I will drive to your house!" - Ice 

"I will be driving him!" - Slider

"Slider will be driving, but that's besides the point!" - Ice

"honey, please answer me, i'm really worried about you." - Ice 

"Answer your phone please!" - Ice

"Will you call Ice before he calls all the hospitals in the area and the police? Please?" - Slider

"Nevermind, he's already calling every hospital. You better not be dead." - Slider

"Where the fuck are you?" - Slider

"If you're not home with a fever higher than the sun, i'm going to strangle you." - Slider

And the text that really freaked him out: 

"Open your door or i'm smashing it open!" -Slider

Mav had never jumped up so fast, sprinting over to the door, pulling it open just to receive that most bone crushing hug he'd ever received, "don't scare me like that! Ever!" 

Ice was holding him so tight, Mav was actually worried he'd break apart. But now that he was hugging Ice back, he could feel just how hot the other man was, "Shit, Ice.. you're on fire-" 

"You didn't answer your phone, and your car was gone from the base-" Ice pulled back and grabbed Mav's face, "what were you thinking driving?! You could have died!" 

"Shit Mav," Slider leaned against the doorway, looking as he always did, feral, "I know you don't exactly have self worth, but this is just cruel." 

At that moment, Ice looked a bit paler than normal and slumped a bit into Maverick, who caught him, "woah, hey, what's happening?" 

"you've stressed him out so much he's passing out," Slider took Ice and held him up as he regained control, "told you to answer your phone. He's not in any condition to run up three flights of stairs." 

"You ran up-" Mav looked flabberghasted, "There's an elevator." 

"We thought you were dead!" Slider slapped Mav upside the head, "Why didn't you call us back?" 

Mav rubbed the back of his head, "I passed out-" He saw the look on Ice's face and back tracked, "fell asleep! on my bed, I swear i'm fine." 

"You should have called us to take you home-" 

"called me" Slider corrected, grabbing a stool from the kitchen counter and making Ice sit down, looking unsteady again, "You were suppose to stay home and sleep.' 

"I wasn't going to lay in bed, while Mav was out there bleeding in a car wreck!" 

"There was no wreck!" Mav face palmed before going over to Ice, "I'm so sorry you guys got worried, but i'm ok. You know i'm shit at answering my phone-" 

"yeah, why is that? You could barely keep yourself together in med bay, and you didn't think to call us for help? That's the first thing that goes across anyone's normal brain!"

Mav was actually surprised Slider seemed to care so damn much.

"What Ron means, is we're confused. DId you think we wouldn't come get you?" Ice took Mav's hand, squeezing lightly.

Mav was focused on his shaky Ice's hands were, just like his, "you're really sick, Ice-" 

"I know," Ice pulled Mav closer by his pants, "and Slider drove me home. Why didn't you ask?" 

"It's fine, I got home safe.. I took a nap, and took my meds-" 

"We don't doubt your ability to take care of yourself," Ice made a face like he was pushing something back, before shaking his head, "ugh... can we turn the lights off.." 

"The lights are off, babe," Slider lowered the curtains, trying to lessen the sunlight.

"right.." Ice put his sunglasses on and looked back at Maverick, "migraine, sorry." 

"Would water help?" Mav went to the kitchen and filled a glass, relaxing a bit when Ice took it with a soft smile and sipped at the water.

"Thank you," Ice pulled Mav back in, "you didn't answer my question." 

"I don't know how," Mav ran his fingers through his hair, "i'm not used to.. this." 

"What do you mean? Goose took care of you-" Slider moved closer and stopped when Ice shook his head.

"it's ok, I can talk about Goose," Mav sat on another stool by Ice and held Ice's hand tighter, "He did take care of me from time to time... but not like this? He.." he swallowed some bile that came up his throat, "It was small things.. making sure I ate, bringing me Carole's soup.. grabbing medicine for me.. but for the most part, he left me alone. He knew I needed my space." 

"Are you uncomfortable with us here?" Ice's thumb rubbed across Mav's hand, trying to show him that he wouldn't be upset either way.

"Yes? no? I really don't know," Mav looked up at the ceiling, tears coming to his eyes.

"Pete.." Ice looked to Slider for help, both of them having a silent conversation before Ice took a breathe, "do you think you're a burden to us?" 

Mav clenched his jaw as tears tell onto his cheeks.

"oh, no," Ice stood up and held Mav to his chest as Slider came and hugged both of them, "You are not a burden, Pete. We love you and want to take care of you." 

"no.." Mav sobbed into Ice's chest.

"Do you think i'm a burden when I get sick?" Ice rubbed Mav's back and could feel him shake his head, "Why not?" 

Mav didn't have an answer, sobbing beginning to calm down as he thought of why. His hands gripped Ice's hips tight enough to leave bruises, but Ice didn't care on bit. 

"you're not a burden, honey," Ice kissed the top of Mav's head, "Can we please take care of you?" 

"What about you?" Mav looked up at Ice with tear filled, luminescent eyes, "You're sick too." 

Ice bent down and kissed the tip of Mav's nose, "We can take care of each other, ok?" 

"or," Slider put a hand on both of their foreheads, frowning, "We all go back to Ice's decked out house, ready for any and all ailments, and you let me take care of both of you." He frowned at them and winced, "I'm in pain looking at you two, idiots." 

Ice and Mav laughed but both ended up coughing shortly after, Slider having to catch Ice as he got dizzy again.

"ok," Mav stood up and kissed Slider's cheek, "i'll pack some things, then we can go home." 

"did you just call Ice's place home?" Slider grinned.

"We spend enough time there," Mav shrugged, "feels.. good," He looked over at Ice, who seemed too out of it all of sudden to have heard him, "I think Ice's gonna faint." 

"yeah," Slider held him tighter, "He's fighting it, so it's taking longer," Slider kissed his forehead, "let it happen, Tom, i've got you." 

Mav tsked before going to back. When he came back, Slider was holding Mav bridal style, clearly unconscious in his arms, "Asleep? or fainted?" 

"I like to think of it as taking a mandatory nap," Slider shrugged and nodded towards the door, "you good to go?" 

"Yeah, is Ice?" Mav opened the door for them, "I hate when he passes out." 

"So do I," Slider hit the elevator button with his foot, "he doesn't take fevers well. But he'll be fine in a couple minutes." 

"you two are insane." 

"pot, kettle?" 

"You're a different kind of insane," Mav pushed some hair out of Ice's sweaty forehead, "I'm not worth all this trouble, especially with Ice this sick." 

"you're just as sick," Slider raised a brow, "you're just better at hiding it." 

"I thought Ice would be like that too." 

"He used to be," Slider gestured his head to the unconscious boyfriend in his arms, "This is what happens when you take that too far. Seriously, Mav. Tell us when you don't feel good. Ice's dad made him feel like a burden too, you know that. His body couldn't take that kind of strain anymore, and now when he gets sick.. he gets sick bad."

"so i've noticed," Mav noticed Ice wince, so he fixed his glasses so that less sun was hitting his eyes directly after they left the elevator, "lesson learned.. promise i'll do better." 

"good," Slider sighed, "grab the keys from my left pocket? You're not driving, I just can't open the door." 

"I know, I know," Mav took the keys and opened the passenger door, "I assume you're taking my keys until further notice?" 

"oh yeah," Slider went into Mav's pocket and took the keys after putting Ice in the seat and buckled in, "scared us half to death." 

"I'm sorry," Mav went into the back seat, "I'll be good." 

"You can start by trying to wake up Tom," Slider got in the driver's side and started the car, "probably should have put him in the back with you.." 

"Figured you were being possessive, wanting Ice in grabbing range," Mav gently poked Slider's bicep as the taller man began rubbing Ice's chest, "just put the air conditioning on full blast, he'll wake up." 

"yeah," Slider sighed and started to drive back to Ice's place. When they got home, both Ice and Mav were stuck on bedrest until their fevers broke. Mav got better so much faster than he thought he'd get, surprised that by actually resting, he healed quickly. Slider had called him an idiot for that realization, but it only made him feel that much better about giving in to his boyfriends' demands to take care of him. Of course, Ice couldn't do much but supply cuddles and rub his back through coughing fits, but being in Ice 's strong arms were a remedy in of itself. One he hopes to never life without.