Sneeze Fetish Forum

Top Gun (Mav x ice)

RemedyBane

🥰 slider being sick this time and Ice getting allergy tests! Poor itchy Ice needs them! Also Mav should never be allowed to cook on his own ever again 😂 unless ice teaches him how to! 

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RemedyBane

• Mygyn

• Wolfwings22

• Loverofreading

On 8/30/2022 at 9:47 PM, Wolfwings22 said:

I loved all of these! I wanted to punch that admiral so much for what he did to maverick and I loved reading that Ice got to. Amazing as always and the last one with slider sick and Ice with his allergies just was so good. Ice with his itchy fits are one of my new favorite things and anytime I get to read about it I feel such excitement. Incredible job as always and I can’t wait to read more! 

Thank you! It was very cathartic to write ice punching that guy lol! I'm so glad you liked it! It makes me happy to be added to one of your favorite things XOXO

On 8/30/2022 at 9:50 PM, Mygyn said:

🥰 slider being sick this time and Ice getting allergy tests! Poor itchy Ice needs them! Also Mav should never be allowed to cook on his own ever again 😂 unless ice teaches him how to! 

He really shouldn't be allowed in any kitchen lol XOXO

Request: i love them so much 😭. could i request something where somebody makes mav insecure about his weight so he stops eating so much and ice notices the signs because he’s been through it too?

Overheard and Underfed

Ice had a fever, but even he knew something was up with Mav. He knew his boyfriend inside and out, and he was certain he wasn't eating. He knew the signs as he was still struggling with his own eating disorder, and he couldn't just watch Mav go through the same thing. Mav was usually happy and loved it when Ice made them food (which was every day) and scarfed it down like it was the best food he'd ever had. But today, Mav just pushed his eggs around, hoping Ice wouldn't notice. 

"Pete?" Ice sat down, "you're not eating." 

"I am," Mav took a big bite of egg and smiled at him, "your fever is making you see things." 

"I'm not that sick," Ice pulled his sweater down over his hands, suddenly cold again, "Slider, baby, can you do the dishes, please?" 

"Always," Slider kissed Ice's forehead and frowned, "I think your fever is getting worse." 

"I'll take some medicine and go lay down," he kissed Slider's chest before patting his side.

He knew he couldn't outright as Mav, especially in front of Slider. This was something he'd need to speak with Mav about in private. 

"Mav, i'm actually feeling a little faint, can you help me?" He wasn't surprised when Maverick jumped up and held him steady.

"Maybe one of us should stay home with you," Slider frowned, "what if you faint, and no one's here." 

"I'll stay with him," Mav kissed Ice's cheek, "you do feel really warm." 

"Are you sure?" Slider frowned.

"You always do it," Mav smiled slightly, "I got this." 

"Ok," Slider turned to finish the dishes as Mav helped Ice walk to the bedroom.

To really seal the deal, Ice stopped halfway there and became dead wait.

"Shit," Mav caught Ice and held him close to his chest, before picking him up bridal style, "yup, staying home. Ice just passed out." 

Slider looked over, frowning, "he'll wake up in a minute, but you should sit with him." 

"I know what to do," Mav walked through the bedroom door and laid Ice down on the bed, "come on, baby. Wake up for me?" 

Ice kept quiet and pretended to be asleep, but underestimated how much of a hold his fever really had on him, and he ended up falling asleep. It wasn't until an hour had passed that he woke up, really confused and squinting at the sunlight through the window, "hmm?" 

"You're awake!" Mav got up from the chair and came to the bed, putting a hand on Ice's forehead, "shit Ice, you've been out for over an hour." 

-shit- Ice thought, "sorry." 

"Not your fault," Mav kissed his face a bunch, "just scared me a little." 

"Fever," He did feel much worse than he did during breakfast, "did you eat?" 

"Baby," Mav frowned and held Ice's face in his hands, "you made us breakfast. Do you remember that?" 

Ice blinked a little, trying to remember this morning, "I remember making it, but not eating it." 

"We all ate," Mav internally relaxed, thinking Ice had forgotten Mav ate very little, "it was great as always." 

"I'm sorry I scared you," Ice frowned and pulled Maverick back to bed, "can I make it up to you?" 

"If you mean by cuddles and going back to sleep, yes you may," Mav kissed his forehead.

"I think I can do that," he sniffed and cuddled up to him.

The two of them had fallen asleep quickly, and slept soundly until it was time for lunch. Ice woke up hungry, which he thought was strange, but thought it would be a good opportunity to see if what he thought earlier was correct.

"Babe?" Ice gently shook Mav awake, frowning when he heard Mav's stomach growl, but said nothing, "wake up." 

"I'm awake," Mav lazily opened his eyes and smiled at him, "hi." 

"Hi," Ice scrunched his nose up and tried to look pathetic, "Can you do me a favor?" 

"Anything," Mav was suddenly very alert.

"Can you order some food from the restaurant we like? I'm hungry, and I really don't want to cook." 

Ice saw the apprehension in Mav's eyes, which was only there for a split second, before it was changed to a smile, "You want soup?" 

"Whatever seems good," Ice moved to his back and rubbed his face, "oh.." he hitched as he pulled his shirt up over his face, "itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tschiew!" 

"Bless you bless you bless you!" Mav bent down and kissed his forehead, "Soup it is, and I'll go make you some tea." 

"What are you eating?" He scrunched his nose up, putting his shirt back down, "You should order enough for dinner as well, and something for Sli." 

There was that apprehension again, "Sure." 

"Are you ok?" Ice wanted to ask about his aversion to eating but he had to quickly put his hands back up, "Etschiew-etchiew-etchiew-etchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tschiewc-chiew!- oh." He leaned back and put a hand on his chest, "sorry." 

"What did we say about apologizing for sneezing?" Mav tucked him back in, "i'll be back in a minute with your tea." 

Before Ice could get in a word, Mav was out of the bedroom. Once he was in the kitchen, he put on the kettle and leaned against the counter, planning on ordering Ice's soup. When he looked over the menu, his stomach growled and he winced. He really needed to eat something, but what that girl said at the bar last night really messed with him. He shook his head, "I can't think like that." 

"can't think like what?" Ice was walking into the kitchen, hands shaking a little as he wrapped his arms around his middle.

"Babe," Mav frowned and grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around his boyfriend, "you're freezing." 

"I'm either too hot or too cold," Ice shrugged, "I'll get over it eventually. Now what's going on with you?" 

"Nothing's going on with me-" His stomach growled again and Ice winced.

"I knew you didn't eat breakfast," Ice's voice was soft, "are you sick?" 

"What? No, Tom, I'm not sick," He put Ice's freezing hand on his forehead, "see, no fever." 

"You rarely get fevers," Ice stepped closer and touched his stomach, "you don't feel bloated-"

"What?" 

Ice looked up quickly, not entirely sure why that took Mav off guard.

"Do I look bloated?" 

"Excuse me-?" Ice realized what was happening and his face fell.

"No, no no no," Mav took Ice's face in his hands, "Don't look at me like that. What is that look? and why is it devastating?" 

"What did someone say to you?" 

"No one said anything-"

"Pete," He held Mav's hands close to his chest, "I was worried you had a stomach bug, and that's why you're not eating.. but clearly someone said something to you." 

Mav sighed, "It' stupid." 

"No it's not," Ice put Mav's hands on his own stomach, "You two have been helping me through my eating disorder since we got together; Slider for even longer. I know when something's wrong." 

"I um," Mav took a breathe, "heard some girls at the bar laugh about how short I was.. how I was soft." 

"soft?" 

"Yeah," he shrugged and looked down, "I guess i'm not used to comments like that." 

"God, I hope you never get used to it," Ice let go of his hands and hugged him, "you're not soft, and even if you one day did get soft, you'd still be one of the most handsome men in my life." 

Mav kissed Ice's forehead, "I'm pretty sure I said that to you last week when you almost threw up over a slice of pie." 

"You should take your own advice," Ice pulled back, "I still hate my body, even on good days, but there's nothing wrong with it. I know that now. You and Slider love me exactly as I am, weight gained or lost." 

"We do," Mav squeezed Ice's waist, "but you are losing more weight than is healthy." 

"I'm sick, Mav," Ice chuckled before coughing into the blanket, "and we're talking about you." 

"Do you think i'm fat?" 

"No!" Ice lifted Mav's shirt and touched his abs, "you are more fit than most men on underwear ads." 

That mad Mav laugh, "but you'd still love me if I did get fat."

"Yes," Ice kissed his lips, blushing when he realized he'd get him sick, "I'm so sorry-"

"Shut up," Mav pulled him back in and kissed him, sliding his tongue in his mouth and making sure he got as much germs as he could.

Ice pulled away to cough, "you know I fell in love with you for your mind, not your body, right?" 

"Yeah," Mav held Ice close, "I realized that pretty early on. While everyone else in the state was drooling over Slider's rock hard body, you were drooling over his kindness and affection." 

Ice moaned, "You can't tell me those hugs aren't perfect." 

"They really are," Mav kissed Ice again, "if I make the order with you, can we sit in bed? You look like you're about to collapse again." 

Ice blushed and put his face in Mav's shoulder, "promise me you'll eat something." 

"Yeah," Mav kissed the top of his head, "I'm fucking starving." 

"I know," Ice touched his stomach, "I was so worried." 

"yeah," He sighed, "God, YOu'd think living with someone with an eating disorder, I wouldn't think like that." 

"That's the problem," Ice let go and wrapped the blanket around himself better, "You and Slider see how I act around food. I'm surprised it took so long for one of you to get self conscious. It's really hard to live with someone like me and not question it." 

"First of all," Mav pulled him back, "you are not hard to live with, at all. You make things so much easier, I'm pretty sure if you left us, we would die within the week," he smiled when Ice did, "and secondly, this has nothing to do with you. I let some girl ten years younger than me make me feel bad about my body. I'm aging, things are going to change about myself, and I let my vanity get the better of me." 

"You, my love, age like fine wine." 

"Are you saying I get better with age?" Mav kissed the tip of Ice's nose, giggling when Ice ducked down into his chest to sneeze.

"heh'kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiewkiew," Ice sighed and sniffed, "yes, but you definitely lower my inhibitions and might be the death of me." 

"True," Mav laughed and kissed him again, "ok, bed time." 

Ice hadn't realized he was shaking until his Mav steadied him, "ok." 

-------------------------------------------

When the food came, Ice was fast asleep, and Mav didn't want to wake him up. So Mav ate his food alone, moaning when the taste hit his tongue. It was delicious and he was so hungry that he probably ate half of his plate before the driver got back to the restaurant. 

"I'd rather gain weight than not eat food, that fucking sucked," Mav shook his head and took another bite. 

"What's this about not eating?" Slider was in the doorway looking horrified.

"What is with you two today being in the wrong place at the wrong time?" 

"I would say right place, right time," Slider put his things down and sat down next to Mav.

"Don't worry, Ice already set me straight. I"m never skipping a meal again." 

"Good," Slider kissed his forehead, "is Ice asleep?" 

"yeah," Mav gestured to the bedroom, "he's feeling pretty bad. Couldn't stop shaking. Why are you home so early?" 

"Just came here on my lunch break to check on you two," He took his plate and started eating, "Wanna tell me what happened?" 

"After we eat and check on Ice," Mav took another bite and moaned.

"Deal," Slider started eating, "as long as you're eating." 

---------------------------------

That evening, Slider came back home early, happy to see Ice and Mav eating on the couch; Ice with a steaming bowl of soup, face still flushed and sweaty from fever.

"You don't look any better," Slider came over and put a hand on Ice's forehead, "shit, you're hotter." 

"This fever is really stubborn," Mav put his food down and looked at Slider, "just can't break it." 

"At least he's lucid," Slider sat down and took his container, "At least everyone eating and keeping it down?" 

"No bathroom trips an hour after eating," Mav nodded, "and mr. sickie over here is keeping everything down." 

"Good," Slider kissed Mav's head.

Ice put his empty bowl on the table before standing up, "I'm going to try a hot shower-" 

Mav stood up and held him, "you're swaying." 

"I am?" Ice blinked at him, "I didn't realize." 

Slider frowned, "compromise, hot bath." 

Ice nodded, "guess i'm more sick than I thought." 

"But you're coherent," Mav rubbed his back, "and that's more important." 

"I just want to be warm," Ice buried his face in Maverick's neck.

"Ok, Sli, can you run the bath? I'll sit in there with you, try to keep you warm." 

"Sounds like a good idea," Slider smiled, "but you run the bath. I haven't seen Ice all day." 

"Fine," Mav let go and let Slider hug Ice, "i'll be right back." 

Once Mav was in the bathroom, turning on the tap, Slider whispered in Ice's ear, "feeling faint, huh?" 

"Right now? yes," Ice held him tight but knew what he meant, "I didn't know any other way to make him stay." 

"It was brilliant," he kissed his forehead, "but could have done without the foreshadowing." 

"You're telling me," Ice sighed and walked with him to the bathroom, seeing Mav already naked and smiling at them, "Well hello, handsome." 

"Bath is ready," Mav grinned and came closer to undress Ice, "Thanks for taking care of me." 

"I think that's my line," Ice raised a brow.

"You know what I mean," Mav kissed his lips, "You're really sick and you still made sure I was eating." 

"I Know what it's like to hate your body so much you'd do anything to change it. I never want either of you to feel that pain." 

"And we never will," Mav squeezed Ice's hand, "you're the best thing that's ever happened to us. Who gives a shit what anyone else thinks. We've got the jackpot right here, and for some fucking reason you love us." 

"I have a very long list of reasons, thank you very much." 

Mav grinned and kissed Ice again, "I'd love to hear it someday." 

Ice took off the rest of his clothes and got into the bath, moaning when the heat touch his skin, making his goosebumps lessen, "Good thing we've got the rest of our lives for that, but I think I can start tonight." 

"Knowing Ice," Slider sat down on the edge of the tub after Maverick got in, "It will take the rest of our lives for him to finish." 

"and then some," Ice leaned into Maverick and closed his eyes, "but for now, I'm so grateful." 

"So am I," Mav kissed the top of his head, "So am I."

That has got to be one of my new favorites! Everything about it was just amazing with ice comforting maverick because he knows exactly what’s that’s like melted me into a puddle. The perfect way to wake up to see an update. I freaking loved it and you did an awesome job as always!

22 hours ago, Mygyn said:

Seriously well written! I always look forward to your updates!

Thank you so very much! XOXO

13 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

That has got to be one of my new favorites! Everything about it was just amazing with ice comforting maverick because he knows exactly what’s that’s like melted me into a puddle. The perfect way to wake up to see an update. I freaking loved it and you did an awesome job as always!

Oh that is so wonderful to hear! Thank you so much! XOXO

Request: oh stars and skies i think i’m a bit evil for this one but i can’t help it! is it bad that i want to see ice having an allergic reaction to that papaya that was mentioned all that time ago? we know slider is meticulous about checking ingredients, but what if he isn’t there, and mav and ice get so excited to eat something that they don’t ask, and it turns out to have papaya. mav freaks out, extremely worried. then when slider arrives later, it’s “oh, ice, i thought i lost you” and all that good stuff 😇

Snztember 1st prompt: “The only place you’re going is back to bed.”

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/buckysnose/694155134138302464?source=share

(link to Snztember prompts i'll be using!)

Kisses and Consequences 

They were at a party, nothing crazy at first, but it got a little uncomfortable when some people got too drunk. In all fairness, Ice was already uncomfortable to begin with. Mav had dragged him to this party, trying to get him to relax and have a little fun. It really wasn't his fault; all he wanted was for Ice to relax a little. He could do with some relaxing; but his idea of relaxation and Mav's were so very different. There were people drinking out of random cups, not caring who put what alcohol where, and there was a lot of cross contamination with the food from where people lazily pushed plates so they had somewhere to put their drink. 

To him, it was a health nightmare. Of course, with his personal trauma, especially with being drugged, he was having none of it. He kept seeing every drunk person as a possible victim, but he couldn't be sure of any of it. Instead, just just walked outside on to the porch to breathe a little. He was just about to calm down when Mav came out.

"Hey, party's in here," Mav wrapped an arm around his waist, "This is too much, isn't it?" 

Ice saw the guilt in his face, so he put on a fake smile, "I'm fine." 

"Fine is never fine with you," Mav scrunched his face up, "fine is always very bad." 

Ice sighed and rubbed his face, "I just miss Sli." 

"I miss him too, baby," Mav put both arms around his waist now and kissed Ice, "He'll be back tomorrow, and you can breathe easier." 

"I breathe just fine," Ice sighed, "I hate when he's on mission without me. I feel so wrong." 

"he's not in the air or anything. Just radio," Mav rubbed Ice's arms, "let's go home. I'll make you hot tea and we can cuddle and watch a movie? Unless you're in the mood for hot cocoa?" 

"no," Ice recoiled at the idea of hot chocolate, before sighing and shaking his head, "Sorry.. that was .." 

"Your eating disorder talking," Mav kissed his lips again, "no cocoa, just hot tea. I won't even put honey in it, ok?" 

"ok," ICe put his head on Mav's shoulder, "I'm sorry I ruined the party for you."

"What are you talking about?" Mav held him, "this party totally blows. Some drunk chick has been trying to kiss all the guys all night. It's freaking me out."

"Are you ok-?" Ice sat up frowning, when all of a sudden he was being pulled away from Mav and his lips met someone else's who was clearly wearing lip gloss. Ice pushed away and wiped his mouth with his sleeve, "What the fuck!?" 

"Hey!" Mav took the girl by the arm and sat her down, "You can't just go around kissing people." 

"He's so pretty, "The girl giggled and let her head lull.

"Shit, she's waisted.." 

"Mav-" Ice went to the bush and threw up, coughing harshly into the bushes.

"aw, honey," Mav ran over and rubbed his back, "are you having a panic attack?" 

It wasn't until Ice sat up did Mav see how red his lips where, "My tongue-" he put a hand to his lips, feeling how swollen it was.

"What are you wearing?" Mav ran to the girl, lightly slapping her face, "I need to know what lip gloss you're wearing!" 

"Papaayyaa, It's a funny word."

Mav felt his heart sink in his stomach, "papaya?"

"Nooo. Papaaaayyyyaa!" The girl giggled.

"Shit fuck shit!" He grabbed Ice's car keys and ran to the car, already on the phone with 911. He gave the address as he tried to unlock the car, "Fuck shit! My boyfriend's going into shock! I can't get his epi-pen!" He ended up dropping the phone and punching the window until it shattered, ignoring how his head was bleeding horribly. He opened the glove compartment, grabbing the black bag with the pens.

There was a scream, from the girl who kissed Ice, "He's dead!" 

Mav had never sprinted so fast in his life, heart beating so fast he felt like it was going to beat out of his chest and explode like a nuclear bomb. When he reached Ice, he could see that he was clearly not dead, "Just hold on," Mav had no idea that tears were running down his face as he took the epi-pens cap off and injected it into Ice's thigh. 

He counted to ten in his head, then left it in just a few seconds longer just in case it was slow, before removing it, "Ice, please, breathe. Tell me it worked." 

Ice started coughing, giving Mav a thumbs up just as sirens were coming from down the street. Mav was completely oblivious to the EMTs pulling him away.

Someone, Mav had no idea who, was yelling at the police to arrest the chick, saying he saw the whole thing and tried to kill Ice with her lips. Of course the cop was very confused, but seeing the reaction Ice was having, he knew what happened.

The cop pulled Mav aside, "Kid, can you hear me?" 

Mav nodded, still not looking away from Ice, "yeah." 

"DId that lady assault your boyfriend?" 

Mav had no idea how the cop knew that, but later found out that he'd been screaming at Ice to wake up and not leave him. That he loved him with everything he had and that Ice needed to keep breathing. Even days later, he had no recollection of this, "Yes." 

"That's all I needed to hear," the cop patted his shoulder before arresting the girl for assault and attempted murder. That last one was a stretch as no one knew about Ice's allergies besides Mav, but the cop was really having none of it. 

The next thing Mav knew, he had jumped into the ambulance and was holding Ice's hand like if he let go he'd shatter. Ice, on the other hand, was calmly breathing into the oxygen mask, constantly squeezing and unclenching Mav's hand, trying to get him out of this dissociated state Mav was in, while also telling him he was ok.

The hospital was really cold. That's all Mav could really feel at the moment. His eyes had never left Ice since the accident, and now he was just standing by the wall, out of the way of medical staff, but just staring. It was odd, feeling so cold, but not caring enough to do anything about it. Ice was staring back at him, silently telling him that he was ok and that it wasn't his fault. At the moment, Mav hated how much Ice could say with a look. He wished Ice would look at him like he was the scum of the earth. He wished Slider was here to punch him in the face or yell at him for not bringing his epi-pens inside. Hell, he'd even take being yelled at for not bringing a jacket right now; especially from Ice. 

All of the stuff attached to Ice was really freaking Mav out. His throat was all red and blotchy, his eyes and lips swollen, clearly struggling for every second of breath, and there was nothing Mav could do about it. All he wanted right this moment, was for Ice to say something; Anything. Just not with his eyes. Please, stop speaking with your eyes, -I can't take it anymore- he thought and closed his eyes. 

Instead of seeing blackness, all he could see if Ice's face. The fear in his eyes as his throat swelled shut. The sympathy in his eyes when he looked at Maverick. But worst of all, the forgiveness in them right now. Mav wanted to punch himself in the face, but that wouldn't solve anything and Ice would just get more worried. 

"Pete? What happened?" Slider was suddenly in the door, go back in his hand and the most terrified expression on his face, "Oh my god." 

"I.. I-" Mav tried to explain but he just ended up breaking down and crying, trying to fall to the floor but Slider had magically appeared infront of him and was.. hugging him? No, that can't be right. He was suppose to punch him. Maybe he was trying to suffocate him?

"It's ok, Ice is gonna be ok," Slider was rubbing Maverick's back, "just breathe, it's ok." 

God, the irony of that sentence. Ice was just feet away, trying so hard to breathe, yet he's the one being consoled; this was ridiculous. 

"M'hav," Ice spoke, voice hoarse and soft.

"Don't speak," Slider shook his head, "you need to heal." 

Ice put a hand up and gestured for them to come closer.

Slider understood and brought Mav over, letting the smaller man crawl into bed and curl up against Ice, trying not to cry too, "Mav, he's going to be ok." 

"I'm so sorry," Mav sobbed into Ice's chest, only for Ice to kissed his head and rub his back.

"not..fault." Ice whispered, holding him as best he could.

"It's my fault," Mav just cried harder, "I couldn't get to them fast enough." 

Instead of speaking, which was killing him to even try, Ice put a hand on Mav's bandaged one; making Maverick look at his hand and realized he was hurt. He didn't even realize he'd hurt himself or when he was patched up. Everything was such a blur.

"Mav," Slider put a hand on Mav's shoulder, "the cops told me you punched the car window so you could get to the medicine." He suppressed a soft smile, "You did everything you could." 

Ice furrowed his brows and held Mav's bad hand, looking so worried.

"Ice has to say here overnight, but the nurses say we can stay here with him. Will that make you feel better?" 

Mav nodded, making no move to let go of him, "are you not going to lecture me?" 

"Why?" Slider looked confused.

"I left them in the car.." 

"You took them," Slider kissed Mav's head, "even when Ice told you it was futile, you took them with you everywhere anyway. Just in case. You did everything right. I'm so proud of you." 

Mav looked up at Slider, "what?" 

Slider knelt down so he was eye level with Mav, "I am so proud of you." 

"oh," Mav blinked away new tears, "thanks."

"Anytime," Slider kissed his lips, "I think you both need a nap. I'm going to talk with the nurses." 

Mav nodded and curled back with Ice, relaxing when Ice kissed his forehead, "I Love you, Ice." 

Ice put a hand up and put his middle finger and ring finger down, sign for "I love you." 

----------------------------

The following day, Ice was released from the hospital but was on strict bed rest, which considering how much benadryl would be in his system in the near future, was inevitable. His voice was still strained and his lips were all swollen, like he was perpetually pouting, but his eyes had gone back to normal. 

"Alright," Slider opened the door to the house, as they all walked in, "How do you feel about some broth? get something in your system that isn't hospital gruel?" 

Ice nodded, kissing Slider' cheek in thanks, "I'll get the pot-" 

"Nope," Slider kissed his lips, "the only place you're going is back to bed." 

"May I shower first?" Ice sighed before relenting, putting his hands on Slider's cheeks, just looking at his face, "I missed you."

"Not as much as I missed you two," Slider kissed Ice's lips before pulling Mav closer to get some kisses too, "I hate when we're apart." 

"So do I," Mav relaxed into Slider, "don't leave again." 

"I don't make those kinds of decisions," Slider chuckled slightly.

"When Ice becomes Admiral, and we all know he will," Mav looked at Ice expectantly, "You can make us all stay together." 

"You think i'll be an admiral?" Ice coughed a bit into his shoulder, hiding a blush that crossed his face.

"Yeah, no doubt about it," Mav kissed his cheek, "You're too good to not become an Admiral."

"Agreed," Slider picked Ice up bridal style, "now, mr. future Admiral, sir, I think it's time for bed."

"You have to pick him up like that right after his ceremony." 

"Bold of you to assume i'll ever stop picking you up like this," he kissed Ice's lips again, "I'm gonna be 70 and still bench press twice your weights combined." 

"Now that, I believe," Ice rested against Slider's chest, "I am tired."

"it's the benadryl," Slider started walking towards the bedroom, "Mav, go take a shower with him. By the time you're done, i'll have the broth ready." 

"Now look who's being all admiraly," Mav wiggled his eyebrows, "I love it when you boss me around."

"Go!" Slider pushed him slightly towards the bathroom, "If you're good I might just boss you around in bed too." 

Mav wrapped an arm around Ice's waist as they walked into the bathroom, "Oh Slider, you tease," He looked back and winked, "I like it."

I was legit on the edge of my seat the entire time! (I knew that ice wouldn’t die but still my brain kept telling me he might) the way that maverick just springs into action and feared that he still didn’t do enough plucked my heartstrings one by one. Ice and slider comforting after it all just :clapping: So amazing as always and I can’t wait to see what comes next!

Request: Hi! Omg i loved this!!! Could you please consider doing another sick Rooster chapter, with Mav and his uncles trying to get him to rest and look after him while he tries to solider through? The last one was amazing.

Snztember prompt #2: "I think you're starting to catch the sniffles"

Home Sick

Bradley had moved back in with his uncles after the dagger squad successfully completed the mission. That terrifying moment he thought he lost Mav made him reconsider his time apart from then. Especially how unfair it was for Ice and Slider, who, to his knowledge, did nothing. EIther way, even if they were involved, they did it out of love and concern and he couldn't bare to be angry with them anymore. Ice had gone through cancer twice and he was absent for both. The pain that they all must have gone through; they could have used the help. 

Now, everytime Ice coughed or got sick, all of them panicked and Rooster felt the guilt come back stronger than ever. He should have been there; holding Ice's hand when the chemo got too much, hugging Maverick tight when he would cry himself to sleep, terrified of losing Ice, and Sli; oh, Slider. Bradley had to wipe his eyes as tears started to form. Slider had taken early retirement so he could take care of Ice 24/7 after his most recent bout of cancer wiped him out completely. Ice could barely sit up by himself and would faint from exhaustion, just trying to answer a simple email. Slider was the one who made his food, helped him to the bathroom, cleaning him up with he would throw up on himself. The worst of it, was that Slider tried to reach out to Bradley for months after it came back. He left voicemails, but in his anger, he deleted them without listening. He regretted that more than anything. 

"Where's your head at, kid?" Mav put a plate of food on the table, smiling down at Bradley.

"Sorry, it's nothing," He smiled back and started at his breakfast. HIs throat was beginning to hurt and he tried to use the coffee Mav set next to the plate as a way to soothe the ache, but it didn't help. His brain started spiraling. What if he was getting sick? He couldn't get Ice sick; he was still so weak. Hell, he was pretty sure Ice dropped another size this week. 

"What's wrong?" Mav put a hand on his forehead, frowning, "you're a little warm, Roo." 

"I'm fine," Rooster pushed his hand away, frowning, "i'm not sick." 

"It's ok if you are," Mav lifted Bradley's chin up, "it happens."

"Yeah, but i'm not," he stood up and sniffed, "I need to check on my plane." 

"Bradley!" Mav called after him, watching him walk away quickly, grabbing his things and heading out the door, "Shit."

"What happened?" Slider came in, Ice on his arm, both looking concerned, "another fight?" 

"No," Mav came to help Ice sit down, "think Baby Goose is sick." 

Ice's brows furrowed and winced when the jeep started outside, "stop him." 

"He'll just pull away again," Mav kissed Ice's forehead, "you're feeling a little warm too." 

"He can't go to work sick," Ice frowned and squeezed Mav's hand.

"I'll go after him. Maybe I can get him to come home early, but I doubt it." 

"try," Ice smiled softly at Maverick, who couldn't resist giving him a kiss.

"I love you so much," Mav kissed Ice again before kissing his forehead, "after breakfast, you need to go back to bed." 

Ice sniffed and scrunched his nose up, "not feeling my best." 

"I think you're getting the sniffles," Mav pouted before kissing his lips again, "probably the same thing Bradley has." 

"eat, then go after him," Ice touched Maverick's stomach, "i know you skip meals when you're worried.

"I haven't done that in years," Mav kissed Ice's knuckles, "you're worrying when you should be resting. But, I'll eat with you before going to work."

Ice nodded before letting Slider go so he can bring them their breakfast, "thank you.

"Don't thank me," Slider kissed Ice's head, "i'm still a terrible cook." 

"You're doing great," Mav ate his breakfast with gusto and was relieved to see Ice eating as well, "you're a lifesaver, Sli." 

Ice nodded in agreement and gave Sli a look that said how much he appreciated him but also how guilty he felt for all he's had to do for him.

"I Would do it again in a heartbeat," Slider knew that look and took his free hand, "I love you so much. I'm just happy you're still here." 

They all took a moment, just looking at each other, basking in the fact that it was a miracle Ice was still alive. When Ice shed a tear, then all lost it and hugged and kissed him until he was gasping for breathe between coughs. 

"Bed time," Slider picked up Ice like he weighed less than a sack of flour, kissed him softly, before walking towards the bedroom.

----------------------------------

When Mav got to the hanger, he found Rooster sitting against the wheel of his plane, looking dazed and confused. His heart melted, but he paused, not really sure if Bradley would let him come closer or not. Before their fight and separation, he used to be able to come up to Bradley, pick him up, and kiss all the problems away. Now that he was an adult, he probably couldn't pick him up, but damn did he want to hug and kiss the cold away. 

"I"m fine, dad," Rooster looked up at him from across the room.

"You don't look fine, kid," Mav walked over, feeling like that was permission to enter.

"I can't get Ice sick," he shivered a little, looking worried.

"He's already sick," Mav sat down next to him and grabbed his knee, squeezing lightly, "probably got the same bug you have." 

"Is he ok?"

The fear in Rooster's face made Maverick want to cry, "he's fine. Sli put him to bed after some breakfast; but he's going to be fine."

"Good," Bradley let out a breathe before pulling up his shirt, "ETsch-etschiew!" 

"Bless," Mav rubbed his back and frowned, "What can I do to convince you to take a sick day?" 

"I can still fly-"

"no," Maverick pressed his lips in a fine line, "your sinuses will burst and your ear drums will pop. That'll be a bigger problem than the case of the sniffles."

"Ya know, it's really contradicting when you say it like that, but also tell me I need to rest. LIke is it nothing? or something?" 

"Nothing is something, when it's my kid," Mav smiled.

"That is so unhelpful," Rooster laughed anyway, "Ice is ok, though?" 

"He's fine," Mav pulled out his phone to show Rooster the message he got from Ice only minutes prior.

Rooster read outloud, "please bring our kid home." 

"and the text I got from Slider." Mav changes messages.

Rooster laughed, "Ice keeps talking about Rooster's sinuses exploding or something. He's half asleep and medicated. Just bring him home before Ice gets out of bed and grabs him himself."

"See," Mav pocketed his phone, "You gotta come home. A sick admiral Kazansky coming to Top Gun would really rock this place." 

"I would love to see Cyclone's face," they both laughed.

"Oh god, the man would spontaneously combust," Mav closed his eyes, mentally picturing it.

"Definitely. He wouldn't know whether to salute, give him a chair, and part the seas." 

"all three is the correct answer," Mav took a deep breathe, "ya know, I don't think Cyclone knows we're together." 

"he'd have to be pretty dense to not know that by now," Rooster raised a brow.

"Have you met the man?" 

They both laughed again, only becoming louder when Cyclone walked passed. They stopped laughing when Rooster started coughing, suddenly sounding congested.

"How long have you had this cough?" Mav rubbed his back until the fit subsided.

"Few days," Rooster cleared his throat, "I thought it was allergies until this morning." 

"You should have told us," Mav rubbed the back of Rooster's neck, "You know we have more medicine than the pharmacy."

"You've got Ice to worry about-"

"Woah, I'm gonna stop you right there," Mav frowned, "Just because Ice is sick, doesn't mean we don't have time for you too," He took out his phone again and waved it, "Ice would get out of bed right now to take care of you if I wasn't sitting with you right now."

"That's the problem," Rooster sighed and rubbed his face, "He shouldn't. I know you guys would drop everything to help me, but Ice needs to be the priority." 

"So are you," Mav pulled him in for a hug, frowning when he felt the sweat coming off Rooster's forehead, "aw kid, we've got enough TLC for the whole family, ok? You don't need to hide it from us. Hell, if Ice knew you felt this bad, he'd hold you all day and night until you felt better. No one is more important than anyone else, ok? We all take care of each other." 

"But I left..." Rooster mumbled into Mav's shoulder.

"That doesn't matter now. You're here now, and we couldn't be happier to have you back, Baby Goose." 

Rooster was crying silently, "I really missed you all." 

"We missed you too," Mav could never tell him how many times he'd cried at night missing him, or how Slider would make Rooster's favorite meals when he was feeling sad, and especially not how Ice would follow his career so closely that he'd have nightmares in the middle of the night and make himself sick. No, that was better kept to himself.

"Mav?" Rooster let go, "can we go home?" 

Mav sighed and smiled, "yeah kid, I think Ice's got a spot waiting for you in bed." 

----------------------------------

When they got home, They were greeted with Admiral Kazansky opening the door, wearing a blue cardigan and his glasses.

"Now Ice, this is just not fair," Mav came into the house followed by Bradley and wrapped his arms around Ice's waist, "You can't just walk around the house looking this good." 

Ice just rolled his eyes, clearly not seeing how he looked 'good'.

"Baby," Mav kissed his lips and jaw line, "if you weren't sick i'd-"

"Woah hey!" Rooster put his hands over his ears, "let me at least leave the room first." 

Mav chuckled when Ice blushed, "To be continued." 

Slider came in, "I told you not to wear that sweater. It's to sexy." 

"how?!"  Ice looked down at himself, clearly confused.

"He's right," Bradley sighed, "That is the sluttiest sweater a man can wear, uncle," 

"Bradley!"  Ice was shocked by the language.

"I'm serious, if I pulled any woman off the street as asked them if they thought that sweater was sexy, they'd all say yes. It's just something about that style. Drives people crazy." 

"Because it's hot," Mav kissed Ice's lips again, "adding the glasses is just cruel." 

"I can't see you without them," Ice frowned and took of his glasses, cleaning them with his shirt, "I'm getting a headache.

"Fashion is hard to wrap your head around," Rooster nodded before taking off his jacket, "I'm boiling in here." 

"You have a fever," Slider touched his forehead, "Go shower and change. Do you want to stay in your room or ours?" 

"Yours," he shrugged, "Don't wanna be alone." 

"Ok," Slider kissed his forehead, "go." 

Rooster left the room quickly, closing the door to his bedroom as he got ready for bed.

"he's in pain," Ice frowned and leaned into Maverick, strength leaving him.

"Not nearly as much pain as you," Slider took Ice's weight and hugged him, "I Know you're putting on a brave face, but I can see you fading." 

Ice coughed into Slider's shoulder, body shaking with the force.

"Aw, baby," Mav rubbed his back, "I think we're all going to stay home and just rest." 

"work-?"

"You both need us more than the Navy does," Mav kissed his cheek, "Now come to bed and let us coddle you both. You're shaking." 

"Are you dizzy?" 

"fuzzy," Ice held onto Slider's arms as he felt himself start to fade.

"Ok," Slider picked him up and held him close, "he's fainting. Let's put him to bed before Bradley sees him." 

"Yup," Mav got the door and was glad that Slider had put Ice to bed minutes before Rooster came out in pajamas.

"You guys ok?" Rooster came into the room, and immediately saw that ice was fast asleep.

"We're great," Slider got into bed and held Ice against his chest, relaxing when Ice moved his hand up to cuddle into him.

Rooster visible relaxed when Ice moved, glad he was asleep and not passed out, "Still got room?" 

"For you, Baby Goose?" Mav pulled the covers down, "always." 

Edited by RemedyBane

I know I say this after everyone but this one was incredible from the way that rooster worried about ice and how ice worried about him while Mav was stuck in the middle. I’ve must have reread this a dozen times by now and still want to read it every free second it get at work. It is that fabulous! Thank you so much for continuing to write such amazing works. It really brightens my day every time!

On 9/4/2022 at 2:05 AM, Mygyn said:

This one hit the feels! With Mav going and bringing baby goose home 🥰 10/10! Thank you for sharing!

Thank you for reading! XOXOXO

19 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

I know I say this after everyone but this one was incredible from the way that rooster worried about ice and how ice worried about him while Mav was stuck in the middle. I’ve must have reread this a dozen times by now and still want to read it every free second it get at work. It is that fabulous! Thank you so much for continuing to write such amazing works. It really brightens my day every time!

I am so honored that you read and re-read my writing. Thank you so very much! XOXOOXXO

2 hours ago, Loverofreading said:

Ahhh love it!!! 

Thank you! XOXOXO

Request: - what if they are dog sitting for someone for a few days, and they discover ice is allergic (they didn’t know or they wouldn’t have agreed to watch the dog). ice’s allergies go out of control but he also loves the dog and can’t stop going near it.

+

Snztember prompt #3 "Did you remember to take your allergy pills? (prompt #4 was used for Kiss Kiss Bang Bang fic now uploaded :) - Under Val Kilmer Characters on drabbles)

But also,  Isaw this: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/topgunsocial/685263244258082816?source=share

and it made me laugh sooooo... 

Delta

The three of them agreed to babysit one of the k-9 units for a buddy of theirs, and Maverick had said dog under his desk at Top Gun. They'd had him for a couple of days, and they were all getting very attached to Delta. She was a very sweet girl, and a badass sniffer dog. It was rare that any kind of animal was allowed on base, but since she was a certified Navy dog, Mav got to bring her everywhere under the guise of getting her used to planes and the noises they make. Everyone was too happy to see the dog to argue.

Mav heard a knock and someone saying, "hey Mav."

"Hey bro-" he knew his mistake when he looked up and saw Iceman instead of Wolfman; who he thought said that, "no no no no no no." 

"Hey Pal," Ice glared, walking in with Slider in tow.

"Buddy," Slider flipped him the bird before standing next to Ice against the wall.

"I didn't know it was you, I swear!" Mav pouted, "you're voice is different because of your allergies, I thought it was Wolf- Not that you sound like him!" 

"Mav," Slider shook his head, "not helping your case." 

"Baby, I didn't mean it, I swear." 

"Don't 'Baby' me after you called me 'bro'," He scrunched his face up in disgust, "i've never been so turned off in my life." 

"noooooo," Mav whined and put his head on the table, "Delta, help." 

Delta, being the amazing dog that she was, hopped up on her hind legs and started to push Mav, practicing her CPR technique; but needed Mav on the floor first. 

"Girl, i'm ok, down," Mav laughed and gave her scratches and head kisses.

Both of his boys were staring at Delta, smiling, not noticing that Ice was silently sneezing into his arm. The last one was stronger and took a little while to come out, so he didn't bother stifling it, "Ah-kiew!" he sighed, feeling so much more relieved. 

"Bless you!" Mav looked up at him, "just one?" 

"No," he cleared his very itchy throat, "missed them." 

"Damn," Slider pouted, "am I in trouble too?" 

"No," he pulled Slider in and leaned against him, "I'm not mad at you either, Mav. Just don't feel so well. I know I don't sound like myself." 

"You sound like you're losing your voice," Mav stood up and walked over to him, touching his forehead, "you don't feel warm." 

"i'm not sick," he sniffed a bit thickly, "Just got stuck outside; sneezing my head off." 

"Did you remember to take your allergy pills?" Mav just noticed how pink his nose was.

"I didn't," he scrunched his nose up, "it's my own fault."

"You're allowed to be grumpy," Mav kissed his lips, chuckling when Delta jumped up, wanting kisses too.

Ice sighed and bent down, giving Delta kisses and receiving them before standing back up, looking like he really needed to sneeze, "oh.." 

Slider ran a finger down his nose, before grabbing the tissues off of Maverick's desk, handing some to Ice.

Ice took them just in time to sneeze into the folds, "Etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-etch-etcsh-etcsh-etsch-esh-eshiew!" he blew his nose thickly, eyes watering, "Ah'chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-shiew-shiew-shiew!" 

After Ice blew his nose again, Slider handed him more tissues, rubbing his back when he stifled into the folds again.

"Let's go home," Mav rubbed Ice's arm, "you need a hot shower and allergy meds, pronto." 

By the time Ice stopped sneezing, his throat decided to catch up and he started coughing, "I feel like shit." 

"Ok, we're leaving," Mav Grabbed his stuff and whistled for Delta to follow. 

On the way home Ice's nose was insufferable. Practically every minute he needed to sneeze again and they ran out of tissues before they got home. The blush on Ice's face wasn't just embarrassment, but also exhaustion. The sneezing fits were taking it out on him and Slider was really the only thing holding him up. 

"Maybe you're allergic to Delta?" Slider kissed his head, "your eyes are getting swollen." 

"Let's see how he is after a shower. The pollen is probably really high today. There was a lot of sneezing going around." 

"There's also a cold going through Top Gun," Slider squeezed Ice as another fit left him exhausted, "I'll check the forcast." 

He looked at his phone and frowned, "The grass pollen is really low today, but tree pollen is high." 

"And of course, Ice isn't allergic to tree pollen," Mav sighed, scratching Delta's head, "sorry girl, you gotta stay out of the bedroom tonight."

"I just ndeed some beds," Ice rubbed his itchy nose, "dodn't pudish Delta." (I just need some meds, don't punish Delta.)

"Baby, you can barely breathe," Slider rubbed Ice's nose for him, using his thumb to rub the side, hoping to alleviate the itch, "as much as this is turning me on, you look miserable." 

Ice pouted and buried his face in Slider's chest, coughing a bit.

"Epi-pen is in the black bag if you need it," Mav pointed to his work bag.

"Got one in my pocket right now," Slider touched ice's leg and furrowed his brow, reaching inside and took out an epi-pen, "you're carrying one."

"Of course I do-" Mav realized he wasn't talking to him and looked in the rear-view mirror, "Ice? Since when?" 

"Sincde Papaya girl," (since), Ice cleared his throat roughly, "By allergies are gedding worse." (getting) 

"That they have," Slider frowned, "my poor doll." 

"You're suppose to get those shots next week, right?" Mav pulled into the driveway.

"Yeah, but it's not guaranteed," Slider unhooked Ice from the seatbelt and helped him out of the car, "I don't think your glasses are gonna help much here," He held his arm, "shower, then you're laying down with ice over your eyes." 

"I cand sdill see" (I can still see) Ice went straight for the shower, taking off his clothes and just wanting so badly to get the pollen off. 

While Ice was in the shower, they changed the bed sheets and did everything they could to make sure no dog hair was around. Thankfully, Delta wasn't much of a sheddar, and was very good about human spaces versus dog spaces. At the moment, Delta was in the corner of the living room, laying on the floor, taking a nap. 

"Delta's gonna be crushed she can't cuddle with Ice," Mav frowned, "He's her favorite cuddle buddy." 

"Ice is the best cuddle buddy," Slider took off his shirt, making Mav raise a brow, "We need to change our clothes too. Probably got dog hair on us." 

"Or pollen," Mav started stripping too, "Could be pollen." 

"Ah'schiew!" They heard Ice sneeze, barely audible from the bathroom, but the fact that they heard it at all was worrying.

"Poor thing," Mav threw their clothes in the wash, "was he always this sensitive?" 

"Not this bad, no," Slider stretched, having hurt his shoulder at the gym and was still stiff, "I really hope those shots help. He's miserable." 

"How does he fly?" 

"Carefully," Slider joked before wincing as he pulled his shoulder, "In the air he doesn't have many fits. The filtered air in the mask is probably the best he breathes all day."

"So he feels better in the air?" 

"Yup," Slider rubbed his shoulder, "he had no problems in the air, but the second we left the plane he had such a long fit, the CO almost sent him to med bay," Slider blushed, "I had to tell him it was his allergies, but he didn't believe me. Man thought Ice was dying." 

"He does sneeze a lot. Most normal people think 4 times is too damn many." 

"I would kill for odly four sdeezes," (Only/ sneezes) Ice came out in just a towel, "you're both so fuckigg lucky." 

Mav winced, "Sorry.. I didn't-"

"I'b dnot upset," (I'm not upset) Ice walked closer and kissed his lips, "I do sdeeze a lot, id's addoying." (I do sneeze a lot, it's annoying).

"It's not annoying to us," Slider came up to him and kissed his lips, "but you do look so tired after an attack." 

"Time for a nap?" Mav pulled Ice back into the bedroom and pulled the covers back, feeling awful for how swollen Ice was.

"i'b fide," (i'm fine).

"Clearly," Mav tucked him in before kissing his forehead, "we're gonna clean up the house, try to make you feel more comfortable. Delta stays in the living room until we figure this out, ok?" 

"ok," Ice closed his eyes, "sorry-"

"Not your fault," Slider turned off the light, "I love you." 

"Love you," Ice passed out.

"Love you both," Mav kissed Slider before pulling him out of the room, "now, where do we start-" 

They both stopped and turned, hearing a lawn mower go off.

"Did you just have the realization I did?" 

"If that would be wondering if someone else mowed their lawn this morning?" Mav raised a brow.

"When you took Delta for a walk, did she-" 

"She went in the grass!" Mav shouted and turned towards Delta, "Delta come!" 

Delta ran over and sat at his feet ,waiting for instructions, "Bath time," Delta sprinted to the bathroom, jumping into the bathtub, ready.

"Good girl," Mav went over and turned on the shower, "Oh, I hope you tracked in grass pollen." 

"That's a really strange sentence," Slider sat on the edge, "but I agree." 

"Can you give her a bath?" Mav stood up, "I want to go check and see if the lawn she used was mowed." 

"Yeah, go check," Slider grabbed the doggie shampoo and started washing Delta, laughing when Delta gave him kisses when he got too closer, "I love you too, baby girl." 

After 15 minutes, Mav came back in, "I don't know how we missed it, but almost every lawn has been mowed recently. That's why Ice is all sick." 

"Bad day to forget his meds," He sighed, "wake him up for medicine. Then when he wakes up tonight, we can see if Delta makes him itch." 

"Yeah," Mav opened the bathroom door again, "Fingers crossed." 

-----------------------------------

The sun had already set by the time Ice woke up. His eyes were still itchy, but they were no longer swollen shut, just red rimmed. He sat up, throat still itchy, but he didn't need to sneeze, and that was in improvement. After putting on some clothes, he left the bedroom, making a beeline for the kettle, needing something to soothe his aching throat. He wasn't completely unaware of Delta, who was laying down by the fridge, close enough to Ice to cause a reaction; but she didn't.

Ice just made his tea and leaned against the counter, drinking it.

"You're not sneezing," Mav announced as he slid into the room.

"Yeah?" Ice looked confused then followed his gaze to Delta, who was now laying down by his feet, "oh, hi." 

"you're not allergic!" 

Ice bent down and scratched Delta behind the ears and let her kiss his face, "I guess I'm not." 

"The neighborhood mowed their lawns," Slider came in and kissed Ice's lips, "and we left the windows open last night. That's why you're all sick and sneezy." 

"I hate grass so much," He rubbed his nose against Slider's jaw line, "Why do people obsess over it? Why can't they just plant trees and flowers. Who wants grass?" 

"People who aren't allergic?" Slider moaned as Ice moved to rub his nose against his neck instead, "flower..flowers, they make you sneeze too." His brain was fogging over, blood rushing down south.

"Some, not all," He sniffed a bit thickly, "Tulips, daisies," he scrunched his nose up, feeling a sneeze come as Slider's stubble tickled his nose, "Hyacinths are the worst-Tschiew!" he sneezed into Slider's neck, "tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-schiew!" 

"That was on purpose right?" Mav interrupted the moment, "Right?!" 

"uhuh," Ice moved so Slider was right up against him, "I think Ron has taken too many cold showers today." 

"So many," Slider moved to increase the pressure against Ice, "Tom.. I.." 

"I know," He kissed Slider's lips, letting his nose touch Slider's eliciting a moan from the taller man.

"Ice, don't tease me," Slider moaned and put his hands on Ice's cheeks, "i've been desperate all day." 

"I"m sorry baby," Ice pouted before kissing his hands, using his own hands to guide Slider's thumbs to his sinuses, "no more teasing."

"are you s-" Before Slider could ask his question, Ice was having him press down just under his eyes and move towards his nose, outside of his thumbs grazing his nose.

"Hih-tscheew!" Ice sneezed openly against Slider's chest, "huuh-Schiew!" His nostrils fluttered as he chased the itch being made by the pressure, "hiih...iiiih." 

Slider gave in and started grinding slightly against Ice's hip, moving his thumbs so that he pressed that sweet spot on his nose that always set Ice off. When he would give him sinus massages, he would always press this spot when he knew Ice really needed to sneeze but couldn't. It had never failed him and today was no exception.

"Tdsch-IEW!" It was the strongest Ice had ever sneeze in front of Maverick and the smaller man looked surprised, "tschiew-tschiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chew!" 

Slider wiped the underside of Ice's nose with his thumb before kissing him, erection clear for all to see, even through his sweatpants, "I love it when you lose control." 

"I didn't know Ice could get loud.. well.. soft loud?" 

"That was loud to be," (me)," Ice scrunched his nose up, one of his hands going down to feel Slider's erection, "DP?" 

Slider moaned, "Oh hell yes," he kissed Ice before picking him up, walking to the bedroom, "Maverick!" 

"I'm coming!" He ran after him.

Slider growled, "Not yet, you're not."

I meant to reply to this earlier but life took a real left turn real quick. Anyway a sneezy Ice makes for a very happy me! I had some scary medical stuff come up today and I’m not exaggerating when I say I literally read all of these over and over again to stop from truly breaking down over it. You have no idea what a light to my life these have been especially today. Sorry for the long ramble here I’m definitely still feeling a little not all together still but again this latest installment was as amazing as ever!

16 hours ago, Mygyn said:

I’m so glad ice is not allergic to Delta! He deserves to have one animal he’s not allergic too!!!

I know the request was for him to be allergic but I just couldn't do it to him lol. I kinda feel bad about it, but damn it, Ice needs a win here.XOXOXOXO

2 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

I meant to reply to this earlier but life took a real left turn real quick. Anyway a sneezy Ice makes for a very happy me! I had some scary medical stuff come up today and I’m not exaggerating when I say I literally read all of these over and over again to stop from truly breaking down over it. You have no idea what a light to my life these have been especially today. Sorry for the long ramble here I’m definitely still feeling a little not all together still but again this latest installment was as amazing as ever!

Do you wanna talk? You know my inbox is always open, my love. I"m sorry today has been so awful XOXOXOXOXOXO

Fevers: Part 1: Physicals

Ice was getting ready to go retake his physical exam; and i'm not talking about the one you go to the doctor for, oh no, this is the military physical. This means running, crawling, climbing, and picking up a weighted dummy while doing all of those things. It was the test everyone has to take at least once, or after an injury to make sure they're still up to par. Ice had just gotten off desk duty because of the stab wound he received to his ankle, the one that severed his tendon, and he needed to pass this test to go back in the air. 

"Hey, pack an umbrella," Mav looked up at the sky, "I have a feeling it's going to storm." 

Ice looked confused and turned on the radio, "I haven't heard anything about a storm." 

"That's because there isn't," Slider came in and kissed Ice, "it's suppose to be sunny and blue skies all week." 

"and what? Weather men are never wrong?" Mav raised a brow.

"I don't think i'll need an umbrella," Ice finished buttoning up his shirt, "besides, I can't exactly take that on the course with me. I"ll see you both back at the hanger with my results." 

"Good luck!" They both kissed him a bunch before pushing him out of the door.

----------------------------------------------

"Mitchel!" Ice called as he entered the hanger, dripping wet and soaked through as the rain hammered against the roof, making a loud 'ping' sound.

"I told you to take an umbrella," Mav looked a bit too smug, grinning as Ice took off his hat and wrung it out, "How did you do?" 

Ice walked over, shaking his head when Slider stood up, silently saying he didn't want him too close, "I passed." 

"That's great!" Slider stood up anyway and went to grab him a towel, "Why don't you look happy?" 

"Probably because he's soaking wet and squishing with every step," Mav got up from where he was lying down on the floor, fixing something underneath his plane.

The air conditioning was on full blast, which was odd, as usually the hanger didn't have any air; just Ice's luck he guessed.

"CO wants to see you, Mitchell," he finally got the plane, looking irritated, but mostly relieved, "Who did you piss off already?" 

"It's not even noon!" Slider came back with a towel and started drying off Ice's hair, frowning when Ice scrunched his nose up, "you've been out in this the whole time, haven't you?" 

Ice nodded, "Started raining the second we started. I just finished as the lightning started," he sniffed.

"CO have an umbrella?" Mav was grinning again.

"Ye'huh..yes," Ice turned into Slider, a little self conscious, "tschiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-chiew-chiew!" 

"Bless you," Slider chanced a kiss on his forehead, "let's get you out of these clothes before you catch a cold, hm?" It was the beginning of winter and it was too cold for Slider's liking, especially with that air conditioning blasting.

"You can't get sick from being wet!" Mav stood up, grabbing his jacket, heading to go find the CO "but still, get dry, i'll see you guys for lunch!" 

Slider was in the middle of taking off Ice's overshirt when Wolfman and Hollywood came in, "Hey! how did it go? You pass?!" Both men were running over.

"I passed!" Ice called back, barely seeing them before he was hugged and tackled to the ground, all laughing, except Slider who was more worried about Ice's ankle.

"Guys, if you break him, i'll kill you while you sleep," Slider helped Ice up and put an arm around his waist protectively.

"Bro, you're freezing!" Hollywood got up adn touched his clothes, "and wet?" 

"He was out in the rain, genius," Slider rolled his eyes.

"That's how you get sick!" Wolfman took off his dry jacket and put it around Ice's shoulders, "you gotta get dry." 

"That's not how that works-" hollywood tried to argue.

"Nah, it's the truth," Wolfman touched Ice's forehead, "you're freezin'! We'll make you some coffee, Slider, go dry him off, warm him up, meet back here in 5!" They ran off.

"I'm not hypothermic!" Ice sighed and just smiled, "I love them, but they're insane." 

"We're all mad here," Slider kissed his temple and ushered him back, "come on, you need warm clothes." 

"Tschiew!" Ice sneezed into his fist, not having expecting it, "Tchiew-tchew-tchew-tchew-chew!" 

Slider couldn't help but laugh, "stop turning me on at work." 

"Can't help it," Ice walked into the locker room with him, "my nose itches." 

"That's a very sexy sentence," Slider pinned him against the locker and kissed him, "you better change quick." 

"You're stopping me from changing," he bit the bottom of Slider's lip, "do you want me to catch my death?" 

Slider moaned and started kissed along his neck, bitting a little, "say it again." 

"Maybe later," Ice gently pushed him off and grabbed a pair of dry clothing, "can I have the towel?" 

Slider came closer against and helped him take off his clothes, drying off his naked body.

"We are suppose to be suppressing your libido, not- oh," Ice closed his eyes and leaned into the locker.

Slider grinned, "There is more than one way to warm you up, baby."

--------------------------

Ice was sufficiently warm by the time he got dressed and walked out of the locker room with Slider, flush on his face. HIs mood lifted significantly and when he got that coffee from Wolfman, he was practically loopy.

"I see you didn't need the coffee to warm up, huh," Hollywood winked at Slider, grinning as Ice sat down and winced.

"Who needs warming up?" Mav came in, looking like he did not get reprimanded, but he was so relaxed about the whole thing, it didn't mean much.

"Wolf's worried Ice is gonna get a cold from being out in the rain." 

"That's not a thing-" 

"Kiew!" Ice blushed and rubbed his face with his sleeves, clearly having tried to suppress the fit, only for the last one to slip out.

"That doesn't help your case," Wolf looked a little smug, but still came over and draped a clean and dry towel around Ice's shoulders.

"A cat probably got into the hanger," Hollywood tried to make an excuse.

"I would be in an ambulance by now," Ice sighed and held the coffee close to his chest.

"KInda funny, Iceman is cold. Sounds like an oxymoron." Hollywood stifled a laugh.

"Guess I don't like up to the name," Ice leaned against Slider, smiling, "I much prefer heat." 

"wooooow, mind.. blown," Hollywood said sarcastically.

They all laughed before their CO came in, looking angry, "Why is this floor soaked?!" 

Ice sat up immediately, throwing the towel off his shoulders.

"The door is leaking, sir!" Mav piped up, not caring if he gets blamed, "Would you like us to plug it with towels, sir?" 

"Obviously!" He yelled back, "Too much electrical equipment in here for water! Get to it! GO!" 

Mav ran to grab towels, while Slider just squeezed Ice's shoulder, hoping he didn't freak out from guilt as he did bring the water in.

"Kazansky!" The CO yelled and Ice stood up so fast, it gave people whiplash, "Outstanding job on your physical. Go get warmed up. Being out in the that is just asking to get sick. Head to med bay!" 

Ice grabbed Slider's hand, pulling him up, "Thank you sir," They dashed off. He hadn't realized he'd been shivering since the towel was removed and he put the coffee down, but his heart was racing from being yelled at, even though it was a compliment and concern. He was so stressed out about his physical and everything was making his blood pressure spike today. 

"You're ok," Slider rubbed his back, "Not your fault, no one's upset with you. Just breathe. They're just going to check your temperature in Med Bay, then we can go over those files you wanted to check, ok? Relaxing day, just paperwork and studying." 

They went into Med Bay and Ice tried very hard to hold the sneezes back that he felt. Thankfully, they didn't ask too many questions, and since Slider could tell what he was doing, answered them.

"It's better if he answers," The doc looked at Slider and sighed, already aware of Ice's past injuries from his report, and figured out the rest, "but sure." He scanned Ice's forehead and frowned, "99.2, technically not a fever, but since you've been out in the rain all morning, you should be lower than normal."

"Sending him home, doc?" Slider squeezed Ice's shoulder.

"No, I don't want him to try to go out in this hellstorm," the doctor glared at the window when lightning flashed in front of it, "but don't come in tomorrow. Wednesday, check your temperature and send me an email about what it is. Elevate your leg, not more running, especially not in this," he gestured to outside, "you're reinstated as a pilot, but I want you to take it easy. You're foot is still healing." 

"Paperwork duty today, and bed rest tomorrow, got it," Slider gave him a thumbs up before picking Ice up, shocking both ice and the Doc, "You heard him, gotta elevate your foot." 

Ice gave him a look.

The doc just chuckled, 'That works too. Now get out of here." 

The second they left, Ice pinched his nose shut and stifled an impressive fit before sighing and leaning into Slider, "oh, I think I'm getting sick." 

Slider chuckled and kissed his lips, "just a little." 

-----------------------------------------------

By the end of the day, Ice was certain he had a proper fever. He was cold, then hot, then cold again, before he could make a decision as to whether or not to grab Slider's jacket. He had sneezed so many times, that even Slider had stopped blessing him in favour of rubbing his leg. Usually he would be embarrassed, but he just wanted Slider to lock the door, close the blinds, and let him curl up in his lap. 

"You're being too quiet," Slider turned around and nudged Ice a little by kissing his forehead and adding excess pressure, "What's going on?" 

Ice rubbed his eyes, "just don't feel good-well!" he sat up, clearly upset that he misspoke.

Slider frowned and pulled him closer by sliding his chair towards him, "You have a fever, baby. No one is expecting perfect grammar from you, least of all me." 

Ice shivered and hugged Slider, "can we go home?" 

"Yeah," Slider quickly wrote whatever was needed on the sheet and put his pen in his pocket, "we're going home. I"ll call Mav." 

"Cold," Ice put his ice cold hands under Slider's shirt, making him wince.

"Wow, you're freezing," Slider held him close and rubbed up and down his arms, "shit, yeah, you need a hot shower and bed." 

------------------------------------------

Of course, Maverick wasn't answering his phone, so Slider decided to say fuck it, sending him text message and also letting Wolfman know what was up, hoping someone would tell Mav that they were going home and taking the car. Mav was resourceful, but Wolfman was more than happy to drive him home later. That made Ice feel less bad about leaving Mav, but after a hefty shiver, he gave in and got in the car.

Ice promptly fell asleep, when Slider turned on the seat warmer and turned off the air conditioning. When they got home, Slider didn't want to wake him up, so he grabbed their things all with one arm before going to the passenger seat and half waking Ice, asking him to wrap his arms around his neck, while he put his arm under his butt, carrying him on his side. Thankfully, Ice was lucid enough to understand, and wrapped his legs around Slider's waist, falling back asleep quickly. 

When he got to the door, he paused, not sure what to do. He had no hands to open the door. He could feel that Ice wasn't gripping him hard enough to be let go, so he put their bags down on the porch and took Ice's keys from his pocket, opening the door. It physically hurt him to put Ice down on the couch, wanting nothing more than to just curl up with him on the couch and kiss him better; but Ice would be pissed if their things stayed outside while it still rained.

When Ice moaned as he let go, his heart felt like it was being squeezed, "I"ll be right back, baby." He whispered before grabbing their stuff from the porch and locking the car. Thankfully, he and Ice didn't get too wet, but he still needed to get Ice in the shower, asap, and in bed.

"Ktsch!" Slider jumped when he heard Ice sneezing from the couch, "Ktsch-ktsch-ktsch-ktschktschuh." 

Slider locked the front door before walking over to the couch, "Bless you, doll." 

Ice just groaned and curled further in on himself.

"Ice?" Slider gently shook his shoulder, "You gotta wake up, baby. Tom?" 

Ice shivered so hard, that Slider ran to grab the thermometer from the bedroom and putting it to his forehead, "102, shit!" 

"this is going to be a bad one, huh?" Slider waited for a response, but didn't get one, so he picked him up and carried him to the bathroom, fully planning on taking a bath with him until his fingers stopped being so stiff and he felt warm enough to wake up. 

That ended up being almost an hour in the bath, with Slider having to turn the heat on and off again multiple times. He knew it was probably hiking up Ice's temperature, but he needed him to wake up to take medicine. Thankfully, by the time Ice was starting to wake up, Mav came home.

"Ice? Sli?!" Mav called.

"Bathroom!" Slider covered Ice's ears, "Grab the fever reducers and get in here!" 

Mav dropped his stuff fast after locking the door and ran to grab the medicine, then sprinting to the bathroom, "How bad?" 

"I've been trying to wake him up for over an hour,"  Slider rubbed Ice's chest, a bit hard, "102 when we got home. He's rising, quickly." 

"OK," Mav took out the medicine, frowning as Ice barely opened his eyes, "Can you swallow this for me? please baby?" 

Ice opened his mouth just wide enough for Mav to slip the pills in then weakly swallowed them.

"Gotta check your tongue, baby," Mav massaged Ice's jaw, coaxing him to open back up, and when he did and saw no pills he kissed Ice's forehead, "ok, you can go back to sleep now." 

"we gotta get him to bed," Slider took Ice in his arms again and slowly stood up, not wanting to slip, "Help me towel him off." 

"yeah," Mav started to dry off Ice, even holding him so Slider could dry off before carrying him into the bedroom and putting on sweats, "Do you have any idea how impressive it is that you can carry Ice like that? Ice is pretty solid muscle." 

"Which is countered with his fucking skinny he is," Slider tucked Ice into bed, "He's losing weight, Mav. I can tell."

"He's been on medication for his ankle. They tend to lower appetites," Mav came over and handed Slider clothes, "let's not jump to conclusions just yet. Today was his first day off of them. WHen he's feeling better, then we can see how he does with eating; but not now, ok?" 

"Yeah," Slider put on the clothes and crawled into bed, holding Ice tightly as he shivered, "We gotta check his temperature every few hours." 

"Hopefully, it won't go above 104. If it does, we're taking him to the hospital." 

"Yeah," Slider rubbed Ice's back, "Go shower and come to bed, hopefully this is just a bad 24 hour bug." 

Mav doubted it wholeheartedly, but didn't want to squash Slider's hopes, "fingers crossed." 

The way that Ice still manages to pass his physical after being in the rain and getting sick would so be his luck! The way that Slider and Maverick drop everything to both care for him is so heartwarming. I’m loving this!

On 9/6/2022 at 6:50 PM, Mygyn said:

🥰 Slider carried Ice again and spent the day making sure he tried to rest! I’m glad ice past his PT test!

Slider's strong ass arms will be the death of me, I swear XOXO

On 9/6/2022 at 9:24 PM, Wolfwings22 said:

The way that Ice still manages to pass his physical after being in the rain and getting sick would so be his luck! The way that Slider and Maverick drop everything to both care for him is so heartwarming. I’m loving this!

Ice is the best for a reason kiddos! Also, they are in love, your honor XOXO

Fever part 2: Instinct

If Slider or Mav thought this was a simple 24 hour bug, their hopes were crushed the second they all woke up wet. Mav was the first to notice, sitting up quickly and trying to figure out what was going on. Of course, his first thought was that he had a wet dream, but his arms were wet and smell sickly sweet. 

"Sli!" Mav whisper yelled and hit Slider in the head with his pillow at 9am.

Slider snorted awake and looked around, before frowning, "why am I wet?" He touched his arms before looking down at Ice, who was drenched in sweat and breathing shallowly, "Shit." 

"Cold bath," Mav jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, turning on the tub and waited for it to be luke-warm, hoping it will help cool Ice down, "Did you get his temperature?!" 

Slider winced when Mav yelled, but just got up out of bed and pulled the covers off of Ice, "not yet," he called back, certain Ice was too far gone to wake up anyway. He needed to get Ice out of the, now, wet bed, and took him in his arms, bringing him to the bathroom, "he's going in, ready or not." 

"It's still warm-" 

"Warm is better than baking in that bed," Slider put him in the tub, only afterwards taking off Ice's clothes, "don't get in with him. Body heat won't help him cool down, especially after we all slept together." 

"He needs a cold compress," Mav ran to the kitchen, hoping there was something in the freezer that could help. 

Slider grabbed the thermometer from the bathroom cabinet and put against Ice's forehead, while keeping Ice upright in the rising bath. Thankfully, the reading was done before Mav came back.

When mav came in and saw Slider wash the thermometer, he sighed, "please tell me he's not as bad as he looks?" 

"103," Slider lied, "We'll get it down soon enough," Ice was actually 104, but Slider wasn't ready to send him to the ER just yet.

"Shit, that's still too close," Mav put the ice pack in a towel before placing it on Ice's head. When it made contact, Ice winced and started to open his eyes, weakly trying to push it off, "hey, Tom, don't." 

Slider came back and took Ice's hands in his own, "I know, it's really cold, but you need it ok?" 

"I don't think he can understand us," Mav held Ice down by his shoulders when Ice tried to get out of the tub. 

"Fuck it," Slider got in the tub, kneeling just between Ice's legs and holding the ice pack securely to Ice's forehead, "I got it, Pete. Go grab the medicine?" His eyes never left Ice's, holding one of ice's hands to his chest, wanting him to feel his heartbeat, "baby, it's me. You're safe, It's going to be ok." 

Ice whined and tried to move his head away from the Ice, eyes looking at Slider's but unseeing. 

"Shh, it's ok, shhh," Slider started kissing Ice's knuckles, then his fingertips, then his palm, "shh.. shh.." 

Mav watched from the door, as Slider calmed Ice down, smiling when a hint of recognition flashed across Ice's face and he let his fingers graze along Slider's cheekbones. 

"R..Ron?" Ice's voice was hoarse and weak, like he wasn't really sure how to speak or what he was trying to say.

"Yeah," Slider kissed his hand again, "It's me, baby. Just breathe, ok?" 

"breathe?" he stopped fighting the Ice pack and closed his eyes.

"Tom?" Slider reached forward and put his hand on Ice's cheek, "baby, wake up." 

"Did he pass out?!" Mav came back and put a hand on Ice's shoulder, wanting to make sure he didn't slip under the water.

"Yeah," Slider looked up and counted to ten, but that didn't work, so he smashed his fist down hard onto the edge of the tub, "Fuck!" 

"Ron!" Mav took his hand and held it, stopping him from hurting himself, "this isn't going to help Ice. It's only going to freak him out if he sees you with a broken hand." 

"I'm not breaking my hand," Yet, Ron relaxed, "I don't know how to help him." 

"Yes, you do," Mav didn't let go of Ron's hand, not caring that the icepack was now in the water, floating. Unbenounced to them, Ice had picked it up and held it against his neck, half asleep, "you've been doing this for years. Ice gets really bad fevers, this isn't news to you." 

"Doesn't make it any easier," he took a breathe and sighed, "it's a miracle it hasn't fried his brain."

"You won't let that happen," Mav smiled, "You love his brain too m-" Mav glanced at Ice and looked taken aback, "Ice? are you with us?" 

Slider looked down, blushing, as he noticed Ice had the ice pack, "Babe?" Slider let go of Mav and took Ice's face in his hands, "Can you hear me?" 

Ice moaned slightly, eyes moving beneath his eyelids.

"Maybe he's half conscious?" Mav chimed in, placing a hand on his forehead, "he's probably dehydrated." 

"He'd need to be awake to drink water," Slider gently tapped his cheek, hoping the annoying pressure would wake him up.

"Tap his nose," Mav shrugged, "that'll wake him up." 

"No," Slider rolled his eyes, "he's already in a lot of pain. I'm trying not to kill him."

"It wouldn't kill him-Woah!" Mav fell off the tub's edge as Ice pushed him off.

"...wake.." 

"Hard to talk?" Slider ignored Mav's plight in favor of kissing Ice's face, "can you open your eyes for me?" 

"..brigh.."  

"Bright?" Slider motioned for Mav to turn off the light, and winced when it was suddenly dark, "better?" 

"mhm," Ice opened his eyes and shivered, letting the ice pack drop again, "hurts."

"What hurts? your throat?" He realized why Ice was putting the ice pack on his throat, "oh, honey." 

"What am I missing?" Mav came back and held a towel, not sure if it was time for Ice to come out.

"Just that his throat hurts, and he's more conscious than we gave him credit for," Slider kissed Ice's forehead, "I think we can move you to the couch, and maybe you can drink some water? Maybe Ice cream for your throat?" 

Ice just looked at him like he was crazy.

"Ya know, we have this silent conversation every time you get sick, and it still breaks my heart," Slider pulled Ice up and helped keep him stabilized enough to dry off, "Not that you remember any of it." 

"What now?" Mav started drying off Ice, who looked way too pale.

"He's mad that he's sick and that i'm offering Ice cream instead of whooping his ass for being sick," Slider kissed his cheek, "I really want to kill your parents so badly-" 

"But we can't fuck you in jail," Mav winked before drying off Slider, "Seriously though, who beats their kid for being sick." 

"You've met the monster, you tell me," Slider picked Ice up bridal style and pouted when Ice instinctively cuddled into him, "You're still too hot, baby. You need some Ice cream, maybe a milkshake." 

Ice whined and curled into Slider.

"Baby, I know where your brain is going, and tell it to shush," Slider walked into the bedroom, then into the living room, not caring that they were both naked, "You'll feel better after something in your stomach." 

"and calories don't count when you're sick!" Mav came in and kissed Ice's forehead, "still too warm."

"He wasn't going to be magically better after 20 minutes in a bath," Slider grabbed some underwear from the bedroom and came back, putting them on Ice before kissing his thighs and his stomach.

Ice just looked between them like he wasn't really sure what was going on.

"don't think," Mav sat on the edge of the couch and took Ice's head in his lap, starting a massage, "just let me make you feel better." 

Slider went to the kitchen, scooping up some vanilla ice cream, hoping it will help cool him off while being good on his stomach.

When Mav saw Slider come back in, he felt Ice tense up, "I promise, the soup coming your way tonight will have more veggies than a vegan's fridge, ok?" 

"You know what a vegan is?" Slider joked before sitting down, taking Ice's legs in his lap, "just a little, for me?" 

Ice looked at the bowl of Ice cream like it was the boogeyman, clearly hearing a certain sperm donor in his head.

"Hey, focus on me, not what's going on in your head right now," Slider put the bowl on the table and carefully pulled Ice close so he could sit him on his lap, holding him, "you don't have to look at me, you don't have to look at Pete, but just listen, ok?" 

Ice nodded slowly, curling his legs up, doing his best to be as small as possible; wanting to protect his core.

"You're really sick, right now, and that's ok," Slider put his arms protectively around him, "What your dad did was not ok. You can not help being sick. You are not fat or unhealthy in the slightest. Not even a little bit. I love you, Pete loves you. We can tell that you're in a lot of pain and you're really uncomfortable, but eating some ice cream could help. You trust me every day with things far more serious than a little bit of sugar." 

Mav didn't want to move, less it take the importance out of Slider's words.

"I know your head is spinning and you can't tell up from down, and that's ok. You're brain is too hot. Let me be your brain for a few minutes? ok? Let me think for you?" Slider kissed his head, "Trust me?" 

Ice relaxed a bit, voice finally drowning out his father's inside his head, "trust..you." 

"That's my pilot," Slider kissed his face until he felt Ice smile.

Mav handed Slider the bowl of Ice Cream and Slider put a little bit on a spoon, feeding him. Ice tried to take the spoon, but Slider just kissed his hand.

It took longer than it should have, and a good portion of it was melted, but Ice finished what was left solid of the ice cream.

"I'm so proud of you," Slider kissed his lips, handing the bowl to Mav, "thank you." 

Mav always hated that little bit about Ice. He always needed to please other people before himself. It made his skin itch that Slider used that against him in order to help him. It just solidified how fucked up Ice's childhood was. He once asked about it and he vowed never to ask again after Ice threw up; realization hitting him.

Once Ice was back asleep, Slider put him down on the couch and covered him in a thin blanket before meeting Mav in the kitchen.

"You're upset," Slider sat down on the bar stool and raised a brow.

"Not at you, or him.. god not him," Mav shivered at the thought of ever being mad at Ice, "just sometimes, I feel like I need to teach Ice about consent." 

Slider knew exactly what happened, "Ah, this is more than asking Ice to eat for me." 

"I know you're doing it for his own good, but jesus christ. How often did people do that to him in the past? with horrible things?" 

"A lot more than you'd think," Slider's mouth went into a thin line, holding back tears, "trust me, Mav. There are some things in Ice's history you don't want to know." 

It took Mav a second before he moved to the sink and threw up.

"I threw up too when I first found out," Slider rubbed Mav's back, turning on the disposal and water.

"Oh my fucking god, why?!" 

"Because they could," Slider hugged Mav, "he's learning, but right now he's age regressing. He's too fevered to remember what he's learned recently; relying on instinct. He would have never eaten anything, if I didn't appeal to his younger self. You saw how he looked at us when he first woke up."

"LIke he didn't remember us," Mav wanted to cry so bad, but he just couldn't.

"He didn't," Slider squeezed Mav, "He does now, but until his fever goes down, he's going to be very confused, and very standoffish." 

"I don't blame him," Mav let go and stepped away, "just wish I could go back and beat the shit out of them." 

"I did," Slider rubbed his face, "not the time travel thing obviously." 

"Does Ice know?" Mav's mouth was open.

"No," He leaned against the counter, "and he can never know. Besides, it didn't help. I couldn't erase what happened to Ice. I was only making them a victim too. Revenge will get you nowhere." 

"Yeah, but it'd feel great to hit someone." 

"It doesn't," Slider squeezed Mav's shoulder, "I know it feels like that now, but it doesn't. All we can do is try to make Ice feel safe and loved." 

Mav pulled Slider closer and kissed his lips, "he's lucky to have you." 

Slider chuckled and kissed him back, "no, he's lucky to have us." 

Mav grinned, "and fuck are we lucky to have him." 

Slider looked over at the couch, eyes growing soft as he looked at his sleeping love, "yeah, the luckiest." 

This has me on the edge of my seat! The way that maverick voices his concern and slider has to reassure him was so impactful. You really see how much these men love each other and will do anything for each other has me rereading it so many times to see how they care for him. Also slider going after everyone who hurt ice is exactly what I would expect and although it’s not right I do have to say go Slider! I freaking love this story so much!

Woo! Congrats on writing like 50 chapters of IceXMavXSlider! I freaking love your writing and have loved each and every chapter! Thanks for sharing with all of us!  

On 9/8/2022 at 6:39 PM, Mygyn said:

Woo! Congrats on writing like 50 chapters of IceXMavXSlider! I freaking love your writing and have loved each and every chapter! Thanks for sharing with all of us!  

Thank you! This is officially chapter 61! Isn't that wild? This is officially book length! Thank you so much for supporting me and reading XOXO

On 9/8/2022 at 11:50 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

This has me on the edge of my seat! The way that maverick voices his concern and slider has to reassure him was so impactful. You really see how much these men love each other and will do anything for each other has me rereading it so many times to see how they care for him. Also slider going after everyone who hurt ice is exactly what I would expect and although it’s not right I do have to say go Slider! I freaking love this story so much!

OOOO! I mean, I'm totally pro Slider beating up pedophiles and abusers.. soo.. GO SLIDER GO! XOXOXO

TW: Mentions  (only mentions) of SA and CM. 

Fever: part 3: Consent 

It took Ice a while to wake up, the night already beginning, and the boys getting ready to make dinner by the time the time he officially woke up. Of course, he had woken up slightly from time to time, mostly so Mav could feed him his medicine, or to move positions, but mostly he was asleep. Mav thought he was so cute sleeping, he couldn't help steal a few kisses after adjusting the blanket around him. Slider would do the same by kissing his forehead, saying he needed to check his temperature. Every time either one of them kissed him, anywhere, Ice would smile and make a happy noise. 

Now that he was really awake, he opened his eyes and looked around, not really sure what day it was, much less what time it was.

"hey, sexy," Mav knelt down by the couch and kissed his lips, grinning when Ice moved his hands to pull Mav closer for a small cuddle, "let me get on the couch with you for this." He giggled as he crawled under the blanket with Ice and held him to his chest, happy to see Ice being so affectionate.

"What time is it?" 

"8:10," Mav looked at the clock before looking back at Ice, "you slept all day, and i think you're fever is finally at a normal range."

Slider came over and put the thermometer to his forehead, relaxing when it read, "101. Much better." 

"Was I difficult?" 

"Never in your life have you ever been difficult," Slider bent down and kissed his forehead, "a little confused, but never difficult." 

"Mav?" 

"I was difficult for you," Mav kissed his forehead, "do you think you can eat something?" 

"I can cook-" 

"Not what I'm asking," Mav held him tighter, not wanting him to try to get up, "we have soup we can heat up if you're hungry." 

"not hungry. Did you eat?" Ice slid his hand under Mav's shirt, placing his hand on his stomach.

"We were just about to heat something up," Slider sat on the edge of the couch, "can you try to drink some broth, at least?" 

"yes," Ice sat up, letting go of Maverick and rubbed his face, "I need a shower-" 

"Me too," Mav said a bit to fast, having been staring at Ice's chest for hours, "Ron?" 

"I think i'll start dinner while you both clean up," he got up and walked to the fridge. He was feeling a little tired, and wondered if he was getting sick.

"You're loss," Mav pulled Ice to his feet, subsequently catching Ice as he faltered, "Sorry, over excited." 

"You're always excited," Ice leaned into Mav and smiled a little, "go easy on me." 

"Always," Mav walked him into the bathroom and left the door open a crack, incase Slider changed his mind. 

While the two of them.. got it on... Slider put the soup in a sauce pan and slowly heated it up, only for it to become to hot and start to boil, "oh what the fuck," he took it off the heat and rubbed his forehead, "how am I so bad at this?" He turned the stove down to low before putting it back on, continuing to stir less.

He was a little surprised when it took almost half an hour for them to come out of the shower, and Ice looked spent, "You look about to fall asleep standing." 

"Not gonna fall asleep," Ice went to sit down, but thought better of it and walked over to Slider, wrapping his arms around him, "what's burning?" 

"Honestly," Slider sighed and put his head on Ice's, "I don't know." 

Ice just chuckled and turned off the stove, moving the pot, and taking a spoon, testing the temperature of the soup, "it's fine. You did great." 

"we'll just not eat what's at the bottom." 

"I think this stove has something against me," Slider glared at it.

"Let's eat before it decides to fight back," Ice pulled Slider away from the stove, kissing him softly.

"Well someone's in a better mood," Slider hugged Ice and gave his face a bunch of kisses, "You're so fucking cute." 

"Oh yeah, totally fuckable kind of cute," Mav nodded before pouring the soup into three bowls, "how are you feeling?" 

"sore," Ice deadpanned before sitting down, "but satisfied." 

Mav looked very happy with that statement, but Slider just rolled his eyes, "how's the flu?" 

"I'm ok," Ice started eating, "I think it was just a bad fever." 

"I think so too. You're not congested, no cough," Slider nodded approvingly, "Maybe this was a 24 hour bug." 

"I think we passed 24 hours a while ago, but I agree, this was quick," Ice squeezed Slider's hand, "I feel well, I swear." 

"Say something more....fancy," Mav pointed his spoon at him.

"I am enamored with your profound ability to cajole me into fornication." 

Mav just put his spoon down, squinting at him, "what is cajole?"

"To persuade by flattery," Ice smiled slightly as Mav realized he was being complimented.

"He's back to being smarter than us," he poked Slider in the bicep, "cajole... that sounds like a fake word." 

"It's real," Slider rolled his eyes, "Ice doesn't use fake words."

"Still funny," Mav repeated the word a few times, elongated the L. 

"You don't know 'cajole' but you know fornication?" Slider raised a brow.

"I know how to say sex in every language, even smarty pants," he looked at Ice for that last part.

"You guys call me that so often, I have half a mind to check my pants incase on of you wrote "smarty" on them." 

"I thought about it," Mav smiled, "but it seemed to obvious." 

"Good," Ice finished his soup and rested his head on his arm, "fuck, i'm tired." 

"Mav will do that to you," Slider put the bowls in the sink, "I think you need to lay back down." 

Ice nodded, "lay with me?" 

"of course," Slider started washing the dishes, "I called base earlier, calling in another sick day." 

"but i'm feeling better-"

"Even so," Slider glanced up at him then continued with the dishes, "you still need to rest, and relax; and... I might have told Mav about something." 

"About me?" Ice raised a brow, not upset, "what?" 

"You wouldn't eat, and i had to ask you to do it for me, Mav had questions.." 

"You know I was molested as a kid and raped as an adult," Ice nodded, "ok, yeah.. we can talk about that."

"Only if you're comfortable with me knowing," Mav took Ice's hand.

"I've come to terms with it. I'd rather not say names, but I don't mind that you know," Ice took a breathe, "I have a lot of healing to do, and it's not fair to you to not know what from. It's why I was so hesitant to have sex with you when we first started dating. I didn't want to feel obligated to do something less you leave me." 

"I would never leave you because of that."

"I Know," Ice nodded, "I know that now, but I wanted this to be on both of our terms. Both consenting, and not doing something just because the other wants it. You never pressured me, and I was comfortable waiting until I wanted to do it, for myself. Does that make sense?" 

"Yeah, it really does," Mav squeezed his hand, "Are you talking about your ex?" 

"My ex, superior officers," Ice looked up at the ceiling, "family friends..." 

Mav felt sick to his stomach again and tried not to throw up his food, "shit." 

"I was so used to doing things for others, I never stopped to think of what I wanted, until I met Ron. God," Ice chuckled deeply, "I was so frustrated with you for it." 

"He hated when I asked him things," Ron finished the dishes and sat back down, "he once threw a pillow at me because I asked him what he felt like eating for dinner." 

"For that?" Mav looked at Ice with furrowed brows.

"I had never been asked what I 'felt like'. I didn't know what to do.. my brain shut down." 

"It was just a pillow," Ron laughed, "you should have seen him when I got him coffee for the first time." 

"Didn't I just stare at you?" 

"For almost 5 minutes," Ron smiled, "you were so lost." 

"Why is this funny?" Mav looked a little panicked.

"You can laugh," Ice kissed Mav's hand, "I was so used to being used and being hurt, that anytime someone did something nice for me, I froze. Slider had some very awkward moments with me when we first met; it was definitely comical." 

"But really fucking sad," Mav pulled Ice's hand, wanting him closer, "I don't know how you can be so chill about this."

"Mav, i've known for 10 years, you're just finding this out now," Slider stood up and wrapped his arms around Ice's shoulders, kissing the top of his head, "I was there for all of it. The ice you met, was nothing like the one I met. I can laugh, because of how naive I was. I thought Ice was just afraid of me; like I was some jock about to throw the nerd in the locker. I tried to be extra nice to him so he would like me, only to be completely rocking his world, just by telling him he did a great job." 

"Slider made you.. think for yourself?" 

"Pretty much," Ice nodded and leaned into Slider, "I had a lot of growing to do, still do, but i've come a long way." 

"a very very long way," He kissed his head again, "and i'm so fucking proud of you." 

"So, Slider taught you consent." 

"Yes," Ice pulled Slider's arms so that he was holding him tighter, "I knew what it was, but I never thought it applied to me, because that's how I was taught." 

"But you know that it applies now, right? Like.. You know you can say no." 

"Yes," Ice nodded, "I tell you both no all the time. I promise, you have never made me do anything I didn't want to do." 

"That's good to know," Mav nodded slowly.

"and right now, I kind of want Ice cream." 

Mav looked up very quickly, "what?" 

"What?" Ice raised a brow, "I have a fever, and I need to cool down. I'm not wearing anything but underwear. I should be freezing, but i'm hot." 

"It's just.. you," Mav looked at Slider, wondering if he would tell him to shut up, but he didn't, "you really didn't want it earlier." 

"Ah," Ice looked up at Slider, giving him a look, "you left out that I fought back." 

"You  didn't fight back. You're teenage self did. The same teenager who was told he was disgusting to look at because he tried M&Ms at a friends party. That Tom panicked when I tried to get you to cool down with ice cream. It wasn't your fault, and I was never upset." 

"You are very hard to upset," Slider kissed his arm, "I'm sorry I got confused-" 

"nope," Slider kissed his head, "I refuse your apology. Besides, I just held you for a bit and you let me feed you the ice cream eventually." 

"How long was eventually?" 

"5 minutes?" Slider squeezed him slightly.

"Hold on," Mav looked like he was having an existential crisis, "you got in trouble for M&Ms?!" 

"One... single.. M," Slider was very precise, punctuating each word so that Mav understood the severity.

"What the fuck is wrong with your parents?!" 

"That is something for psychologists to define," Ice closed his head, "didn't like them then, still don't like them now." 

"Your parents? or M&Ms?" Mav frowned.

"Both?" 

"He thinks it tastes like wax," Slider chuckled, "I had him try those Kiss candies? The face he made was hilarious." 

"They are awful," Ice scrunched his face up.

"He's a purest," Slider kissed his cheek before going to the kitchen and taking something out of the back of the fridge, "Lindt's chocolate." 

"When did you get that?" Ice looked surprised.

"I got it when you told me on the phone you had a craving, but then talked yourself out of it." 

"I do that often," Ice looked at the bag, "but you go it anyway?" 

"I support your sugar cravings," Slider took a piece and threw it to Ice, who caught it, "besides, you never crave sugar. Your body probably desperately needs it." 

"I love you," Ice held the wrapped chocolate to his chest.

"I love you too," Slider came back to the table and kissed his lips.

Mav was a little shell shocked but smiled when Ice popped the chocolate ball into his mouth, "This is the most normal thing that has happened all weekend." 

"Tom eating chocolate?" 

"and willingly, yes," Mav stood up and kissed Ice's cheek, "You should do that more often. Eat quote unquote bad things and enjoy them like the rest of us" 

"Slowly working up to it, baby," Ice squeezed Mav's side, "I'm sorry we freaked you out." 

"You're  Sorry?!" Mav's head was going to explode, "I'm sorry your childhood was fucked up." 

"Thanks," Ice laughed, "I've moved on and i'm doing a lot better. So just breathe." 

"Tomorrow, we are doing whatever you want, whenever you want it. We are making no decisions. It is allllll you." 

"You've been giving me attention all weekend." 

"yeah, but you weren't exactly conscious about it-" Mav cursed, "Ron! He wasn't conscious!" 

"Mav, calm down, you're spiraling." 

"I'm pretty sure I've kissed you a hundred times this weekend." 

"Good," Ice pulled him in and kissed him, "I like your kisses." 

"consent-"

"You have my consent," Ice kissed his lips again, "Those kisses you both gave me while I was sick, which I was mostly aware of, for the record, kept me from having some awful fever nightmares. So, don't freak out ok? I needed those little moments of love and affection to keep me grounded." 

"You knew about that?" Mav looked at Slider.

"Yup," he wrapped his arms around Ice's middle, "I told you they keep him calm." 

"I thought you were just trying to get me not to freak out when Ice's fever spiked." 

"That too," Slider chuckled, "trust me, Pete. You're doing great." 

"I love you so much," Ice took Mav's hands, "calm down for me? I promise, I will tell you if i'm ever uncomfortable. ok?"

Mav took a deep breathe, "ok." 

"Good," Ice pulled him closer for a hug, all three of them, "now can we go back to sleep. I feel like i've been awake for days." 

They all laughed, "yeah, after some medicine," Mav added.

Ice nodded and kissed Mav, "ok."

This last story I literally can’t even explain how much it meant to me. I read it so many times during my break at work and it just broke me but in the best way. Hearing what Ice had been through and how it’s related to me in my life and knowing that Slider and Maverick took care of him in every way and are doing everything in their power to give him a wonderful life is something I enjoy living vicariously through. I wish I could just give them all a hug (though maybe more of a fist bump since like Ice physical touch is extremely difficult for me). You really outdid yourself and just know that I will forever be reading it, especially at my low moments to see that there are good people out there, ones that aren’t full of hatred and hurt. Anyway, thanks so much again and I so look forward to more!

On 9/11/2022 at 7:33 PM, Wolfwings22 said:

This last story I literally can’t even explain how much it meant to me. I read it so many times during my break at work and it just broke me but in the best way. Hearing what Ice had been through and how it’s related to me in my life and knowing that Slider and Maverick took care of him in every way and are doing everything in their power to give him a wonderful life is something I enjoy living vicariously through. I wish I could just give them all a hug (though maybe more of a fist bump since like Ice physical touch is extremely difficult for me). You really outdid yourself and just know that I will forever be reading it, especially at my low moments to see that there are good people out there, ones that aren’t full of hatred and hurt. Anyway, thanks so much again and I so look forward to more!

Thank you so much for this. I am very honored and humbled that I could bring you some comfort on your low days. I hope you have a wonderful autumn, and please know you can always send me a message if you need to talk XOXOXO!

Request: "If requests are open, could I please ask for Ice with a chest cold, overworking himself into bronchitis/pneumonia, maybe leaving on a trip a bit sick and coming home very sick? "

"He would be there all night, and he would be there when Jem waked up in the morning"Harper Lee

"It's just a cough, i'll be fine," Ice had told Slider the day he left for his conference, assuming it was just after affects of his throat cancer. 

"It's never just a cough, anymore, baby," Slider had tried to keep him home, "you just got over cancer, please just rest and stay home." 

Ice was so tempted at the time. He hadn't really taken time for himself to freak out about the whole ordeal. He was in and out of hospitals so often, and, what felt like hundreds of, people came to his bed to check on him, that he never let himself just feel. Even now that he was done, there was so many 'you're cured' parties and hugs and gifts and prayers, that he just forgot to feel anything. Perhaps it was catching up to him, but at that moment, he just thought it was the last remnants of his cancer. 

How could he have been so naive. He wasn't some spry twenty-something. He was an admiral now, and he had duties, but even those couldn't come before his own health. How stupid and selfish he felt when he was on his way home, barely able to breathe, and coughing something awful every minute. He knew he should have gone straight to the hospital, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He hated hospitals; especially going alone. No, he would not jump to conclusions. He'd just come home, see his loves, and let them decide how to handle this. 

Perhaps that was a mistake because when he unlocked the door, he almost fainted into poor Bradley. Oh, that sweet child. Of course, he wasn't a child anymore; oh no, he was already an Aviator in his own right. Yet, no matter how old or distinguished Bradley became, he would always be his kid; adopted or otherwise. 

"Ice!" Bradley had grabbed him and held him close to him as he coughed, knowing Ice needed the strength to stay up, "MAV! SLI!" 

Ice didn't want all that fuss, but he couldn't find the strength to stand any longer.

The two men sprinted down the stairs of their lavish home; Maverick practically sliding most of the way down the hallway.

"What's wrong?!" Mav looked terrified as he helped Bradley take on Ice's weight. 

"He's barely breathing," Bradley was trying not to freak out, "Ice? Pops? Can you hear me?" 

Ice wanted to tell him he was fine, but the black spots dancing at his vision were making it much harder to speak. He was pretty sure he nodded, before the world went back, and the last thing he remembered hearing was a heartbeat.

------------------------------------------

When Ice woke up, there was a lot of beeping and muffed talking that seemed too far away to be understood. Thankfully, he didn't need his eyes or ears to know where he was; he knew that smell anywhere.  Wrinkling his nose with disdain, he opened his eyes and found Bradley looking back at him.

"Hey." 

Ice wanted to speak, but his throat felt so dry, that all that came out was a rasp.

"You have pneumonia," Bradley took his hand and squeezed it, "doc says you're going to be ok, but they're pumping you with antibiotics and fluids."

Ice looked at Bradley, silently apologizing for everything.

"Don't give me that look," Bradley pulled his chair closer to the bed, "I know you want to pretend like everything is back to normal and wish this whole cancer thing away-" tears were coming to his eyes, some clinging to his long lashes, "but you can't, ok? You're sick and still healing. A cough is serious. A cold is serious." 

Ice's eyes softened, seeing the fear and pain in Bradley's eyes.

"You can't do this shit," He wiped his tears away with his sleeve, "I already lost one dad," Bradley sniffed and looked away, "please don't make me lose another." 

The ending didn't surprise Ice at all. He knew how bad his cancer scare hurt Bradley. He saw how he tried to distance himself, hoping that it would hurt less, or lash out on anyone who would even mention Ice's name. Ice pretended not to know about any of it, but he knew everything; He was Iceman. 

"Bradley," Slider walked into the door, seeing the youngest one crying, "what's going on?" He wrapped Bradley in a hug, "you're not gonna lose any of us, ok?" 

Bradley just clutched onto the back of Slider's shirt, not letting the bigger man go.

"It's pneumonia. He just needs fluids, bed rest, and to take his medicine," Slider raised a brow at Ice, "and he's going to do all of that." 

Ice nodded weakly, feeling awful that he scared Baby Goose, "y--es." 

"Don't talk," Mav came in with a cup of water and a straw, "They want you here overnight, see how you do, then they'll think about letting you go home," Mav came to bed and helped Ice sit up so he could drink some water.

---------------------------

It ended up being three days in the hospital; the doctors were worried that with the existing damage to his throat, the pneumonia would take a worse turn. Thankfully, it didn't, and Ice was now home, laying in bed with a few pillows behind him, holding him at an angle that would make it easier to breathe. 

Bradley had refused to leave his side, even calling in sick at base so that he could take care of Ice during the work hours. Right now, he was laying in bed with Ice, rubbing his back as Ice coughed into some tissues, trying to rid his lungs of the phlegm that plagued him. They were watching some random movie that was on TV, just trying to pass the time before Ice could take more medicine or fall asleep. Bradley wasn't upset, not in the slightest, he was just worried that Ice would wake up needing help, and no one was there to help him. He didn't mind sitting in bed and watching horrible Hallmark movies or reruns, especially if it helped Ice fall asleep and get better. 

"you.. don't.. have to.. do this," Ice tried to speak between pants, "You.. have a.. life." 

"I want to do this," Bradley wrapped his arm around Ice and pulled him close, "You need the help and there is nowhere else I'd rather be." 

Ice coughed a bit before leaning into Bradley, "you're.. a good.. kid." 

"So you keep saying," Bradley kissed the top of his head, "I love you, Ice. So just rest and let me do all the work." 

Slider walked into the room, having just gotten home from work, "well, part of the work." 

"You're home early," Bradley raised a brow.

'I couldn't last one more minute there when I knew Tom was sick," he walked over to the bed and kissed Ice's lips, "I would have stayed home." 

"You.. needed.. to go," Ice looked exhausted.

Slider pouted a bit, "baby, why don't you take a nap. I'll start dinner, then we can watch a movie together, as family? Mav is on his way." 

Bradley chose for Ice, helping him under the covers before Ice could speak, "I think that's a great idea." 

Ice mumbled a thank you before falling fast asleep, breaths raspy and laboured.

"Bradley, help me in the kitchen?" Slider's culinary skills had greatly improved since they met, but Bradley was still the second best cook in the house.

"I don't want to leave him," Bradley looked conflicted.

"He's going to be fine," Slider pointed towards the rough area that the front door was, "Mav just got home. He'll sit here with Ice for you." 

Bradley heard the alarm beep as the front door was opened and he relaxed, "ok.." 

"You know he's going to recover right? We just need to remind him that he can take sick days." 

"You'd think with all the lectures I got, he'd follow his own advice." 

"Remember what I told you, do as he says not as he does," Slider pulled Bradley out of bed. "Now come help me make him some soup." 

"oh, good luck in the kitchen," Mav threw off his jacket and lazily placed it on a chair, "I will be on Ice duty." 

"Definitely not kitchen duty," Bradley joked before following Slider to the kitchen. 

------------------

After dinner was eaten and cleared away, Bradley and his uncles crawled back into bed and turned on "To Kill a Mockingbird" from the 60s. Ice had made sure Bradley read the classics, or at least the ones not already in his class schedule from his grade school days. It was never forced on Bradley, but it was the stuff that Ice would read to Bradley when he was sick, after Ice found out how much Bradley liked reading shakespeare and talking about the books he'd read for class. Ice had given Bradley a list of books he thought Bradley should read after Bradley said he didn't know what he wanted to read over the summer for his book report. Ever since, they sort of started an impromptu book club. Whatever book Mav or Slider hadn't read, they would read, so when Bradley was done (or whoever finished last) they could talk about it. 

Bradley loved it, he always had things to say and would sometimes annotate his books so he would remember to bring it up later. Now, they find movie adaptions of the books they've read and critique it together; have a few laughs. But this one was pretty accurate. It wasn't Bradley or Ice's first time watching it; having sneakily watched it together when they had an evening alone, both pretending it was new to them when Slider suggested it tonight. 

Instead of paying attention, Bradley watched out of the corner of his eye how the three of them interacted. It was his favorite past time. He knew Maverick and Slider thought they were slick, slipping in some PDA or loving glances when they thought no one was looking, and Ice melted every time. It was sweet, seeing Ice blush and relax just a bit more whenever Slider would steal kisses between dark parts of the movie, hoping the lack of light would block Bradley's view. Of course, they didn't have anything to hide; Bradley wasn't embarrassed or uncomfortable. Quite the opposite; he thought their love was strong enough to rival that of his parents. He was proud of their love, and he was proud of them. 

Maverick was less of a PDA kinda guy, and more of a longing looks and whispered innuendo, but when he thought Ice couldn't see, jis eyes would go soft and he was slowly look over his body as if he was mentally kissing every inch of him. When he got drunk, or tispy really, he would have this dopey smile on his face and look at his two boys like they were the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. Bradley always thought it was funny how Mav tried to pretend like he wasn't staring at Slider's ass or staring at staring into Ice's eyes even when he was speaking to someone else. 

Slider was the king of PDA. He didn't care who was watching or why, but when it came to Bradley, he didn't want to embarrass him or make him uncomfortable, so he usually waited for Bradley to leave the room or go to sleep before he'd cuddle up with his boys. Thankfully, that nonsense stopped when Bradley got older and called him out on it. Maybe it was internalized homophobia? Maybe he was scared Bradley would think he's gross? Whatever it was, Bradley didn't want it. Now Slider hugged and kissed his loves first thing every morning and first thing when he got home. He would hold Ice from behind as he cooking. Yet, the more intimate stuff, he did in secret, like the small things he does with Ice's waist. 

Bradley pretended not to know about it, but he knew Ice had struggled with an eating disorder when they met. Even though Ice had long since gotten through it and moved on, he could still see how Slider would watch Ice 'subtly' when he ate, or touched his waist when he pulled him in for a kiss 'subtly' telling him that it was hot. Slider would Kiss Ice a few extra times anytime Ice would eat something 'unhealthy'. While that didn't happen often, perhaps once a week he would indulge, or at a special occasion, but Bradley could still see how Slider worried how Ice would react to eating ice cream or cake. Bradley didn't need them to tell him about the eating disorder; he figured it out, and when he told Mav, it all came out. As far as he knew, only Mav knew that Bradley knew.

Ice was never into PDA. It always caught him off guard and he needed a moment to reciprocate. Bradley thought it was odd at first, not sure why Ice would look so stunned; assuming he was easily surprised when he was little, but nothing surprised Ice. Seriously, Bradley had tried to throw surprise parties for him or scare him after hiding behind a door, and it never ever worked. Ice knew everything all the time. Again, it wasn't until he asked Maverick about the scars on Ice's body, having assumed they were Navy scars, only to find out about the bad blood between Ice's dad and him. Bradley had ran straight to Ice and hugged him as tight as he could, crying about how he would never let anyone hurt Ice again. It had broken Ice's heart and he held him so close and kissed his head; Bradley was 12. 

Now that they were together and mostly alone, Slider was holding Ice, one hand under his shirt and rubbing slow circles with his thumb over Ice's stomach; silently praising him for eating today. Every once in a while he would kiss his head and rest his forehead against Ice's head, just feeling him. Maverick was holding Ice's hand and had his leg under Ice's, wanting two points of contact without seeming clingy; that was reserved for when Bradley left. Ice didn't flinch, he didn't make any move to stop it or ask them to slow down. He didn't have to be careful or worry, just melting into Slider, face buried in Slide's neck, already fast asleep. 

It was moments like this, that Bradley got to see Tom as a person. Not a dad, not an admiral, but just a man who was tired and sick and scared. None of them would ever tell Ice, but when he slept, he would feel naturally, unable to hold back what they assumed Ice had no idea about after holding it all in for so long. silent tears rolled down his cheek, and one of them would always wipe them away once they steady stream calmed down. Ice would wake up in the morning and never know that he had cried, and none of them would act as if he did. They would pretend he didn't scream out at night when he had a nightmare, or sob into Slider's chest. They wouldn't mention the way Mav would sometimes sleep with his hands firmly holding Ice's, afraid that he'd claw at himself in the middle of the night because he could tell Ice had a bad mental day. No, they would just hold him extra tight at night and let him feel. His body clearly needed it and they were happy to sooth his sleeping self. 

While Bradley had gone through the unimaginable, losing both of his biological parents at such a young age and by horrible, out of his control circumstances, he was happy with the family he gained. Sometimes he could feel his mom and dad smiling down on them when they were relaxing like this. 

Bradley hadn't noticed Mav was looking at him, until Maverick reached up and wiped a tear from Bradley's cheek, "What's wrong?" 

Bradley blinked, coming back to reality and realized Mav had a hand on his cheek, and Slider was looking at him, brows furrowed, "nothing," he shrugged and smiled, "just.. I think mom and dad would be happy how we turned out." 

Mav smiled and ruffled Bradley's hair, "they would be so proud of you, Baby Goose." 

"and you guys," he whispered softly, not wanting to wake up Ice.

"I know we couldn't have replaced them," Slider kissed Ice's forehead when he stirred, stopping him from waking up, "but thanks for taking a chance on us." 

"You're family," Bradley put an arm around Maverick, "I love you guys." 

"We love you too," Mav squeeze his face slightly.

The movie ended, drawing their attention back to the screen as the credits rolled. Bradley moved to get off the bed, only for Mav to take his hand, "stay a little longer?" 

"I'm just upstairs," Bradley sat back down anyway.

"I know," Mav pulled him back against the headboard, "just five more minutes." 

Bradley nodded, leaning against Maverick and relaxing when he put his arms around him.

5 minutes turned into 10, then 30, then an hour. Before any of them knew it, they had all fallen asleep in bed, unbothered by the current static of the tv as the tape ran out. When they woke up the next day, none remembered falling asleep, but they would all agree, it was the best sleep they'd had in a long time; not that there was an correlation, did it?

This was such a heartfelt installment! I love Bradley being with his dads and recognizing all of their differences when it comes to physical touch. Also Bradley being so concerned about Ice because he doesn’t to lose him like he did Goose is so sad but so great to see them all coming together and being a happy family. Ice has so many people looking out for him and reading it was so rewarding!

1 hour ago, Wolfwings22 said:

This was such a heartfelt installment! I love Bradley being with his dads and recognizing all of their differences when it comes to physical touch. Also Bradley being so concerned about Ice because he doesn’t to lose him like he did Goose is so sad but so great to see them all coming together and being a happy family. Ice has so many people looking out for him and reading it was so rewarding!

Yay! I'm so glad you liked it! XXOXOXO Imagine how touched ICe would feel if he read these comments lol so many people loving him and wanting him to be comfy with his body. like ugh, doesn't it make you wanna cry?

Request:I've had this prompt for a while, but I would love to see something where the boys are up and flying a training mission and they are annoyed because one of them (Goose maybe? <3) can't stop sneezing and they can't hear anything over the radio? XD

I'll do my best, but gonna be honest, not attracted to Goose. LOVE his character tho.

Mask Mistakes- Goose

It was just a top gun run, no one was in real danger, but there was always danger when you flew; especially if your back seater couldn't keep his eyes open enough to tell you what's happening. 

"Hah!schoo!" Goose sneezed for what felt like the hundreth time, pissing everyone off in the coms.

"Stop sneezing! I can't hear anything!" Mav yelled into the coms.

"Can't h'huhh..Hasch'CHUh!" Goose took his came off and rubbed his face, "What the fu'huh..ETSChuh!" 

"Mav-"

"HaGH!" 

"6-" 

"AghSChoo!" 

"read me?" 

Mav got frustrated and looked frantically around, "What was that Ice?" He hadn't been able to hear anything over Goose's sneezing, now trying to find where Ice went. 

"I said-" 

"AGHCshuh! ATSCHuh!" Goose was trying to keep himself quiet, but he'd never been good at stifling. 

Ice, in his plane, had taken off his head set as the loud sound hurt his ears, and Slider had done the same. Ice was rubbing his ears, flying a safe distance away from Maverick so he could deal with this, "Shit, Goose is loud!" He yelled, hoping SLider could hear him.

"WHAT?!" SLider yelled back, not able to really hear anything after that display.

reluctantly, Ice put the set back on and winced when Goose sneezed again, "are you ok?!" 

Mav heard that one and frowned, "yeah, Goose. what's going on?" 

"Don't-AGH'shuh.. know," he winced and held his sleeve close to his nose, "what the fuck." 

"Jesus, Bradshaw. If you're sick you shouldn't be flying," Ice sounded annoyed and moved his plane up so he was right beside Maverick, giving them both a glare, "let us deal with Viper-" 

"AGHchuh!" 

They could all see ice wince, ducking his head down, "Ow, Jesus Christ." 

"Goose, stop defenning my pilot," Slider said into the set, "Seriously, I can feel Ice tense up from behind." 

"That's what she said," Mav chuckled before moving so his plane was behind Ice, "You guys take the lead, I think we should land before Goose stops breathing-" 

"I'b finde," Goose pinched his nose shut, "we cand't lose adybore poidts."

"What the fuck are you saying?" Slider spoke, clearly irritated, "fuck it, Ice let's get Viper before we it's too late." 

"Nick, we really need to get you checked out. You're never like this.. ever!" Mav started to descend, "I promised Carole I'd take care of ya." 

"Who's Carole?" Slider sounded confused.

"HIs wife, Sli," Ice answered, which freaked out Mav a little.

"How do you know?" 

"I was there when they met, dumbass," Ice rolled his eyes, "Viper, can you hear us?" 

"Yeah, kid. I"m cancelling the exercise," Viper started descending too, "get Goose to medical before he makes you all crash." 

"AGH!shuh-" 

"Jesus kid, bless you!" Viper sounded pained too.

"I'b sorry-" 

"Don't apologize," Mav said as he landed the plane, "if you weren't feeling well, you could have told me!" 

"I felt fine-Aghschuh! until i put the mask-AGhschuh.. ond." 

The second they were down and settled, Mav opened the canopy and got up, jumping on the wing so he could get to Goose's position, taking his mask and looking inside it, "oh, what the fuck." 

"Whadt?" Goose rubbed his nose on his sleeve, trying to will the tickle away.

"There's something in here-" Mav reached in, ignoring Goose trying to stop him, not wanting him to root around in something he sneezed into, "Is this.. powder?"

"Oh by god," Goose started laughing and rubbed his face, "jusd our lucgk." 

"What?" Mav took some out and rubbed it between his fingers, "oh fuck.. did I leave the canopy open-" 

"Yes, yes you did," Goose couldn't start laughing.

"I'm so sorry-" He tried to sound genuine but started laughing, "fucking spring." 

Seconds later Ice and Slider were out of the cockpit, and walking towards them. Maverick watched as Ice turned around, towards his own plane and ducked a bunch of times, Slider rubbing his back before they came to them.

"You guys ok?" Ice sounded genuinely concerned.

"Left the top down," Mav jumped off, followed by Goose, who just looked a mess.

"Fucking pollen," Goose sighed and Slider nodded, subtly holding Ice's side.

"You can't forget things like that Maverick," Ice looked worried and disappointed.

"I Know," Mav took Goose's hand, "we are going to get some medicine and shower." 

Ice watched them both leave, still frowning.

"It's fine, it happens," Slider snuck a kiss on Ice's temple, "come get some coffee with me? It might make you feel better." 

"I feel fine-tschiew!" Ice hadn't expected the sneeze and ducked into his chest without stifling or covering, "tchiew-chiew-chiew-chiew!" 

"Bless you, baby," Slider rubbed his back, "We are all here to learn from our mistakes and become better. It's a good thing Mav made that mistake here and not in the field. He'll learn, adapt, and it'll all work out. So..." Slider took Ice's hand and pulled him towards the hanger, "come get some coffee with me, and i'll do that thing you like." 

Ice blushed profusely and hid his face in his hand, "we aren't alone-" 

"We could be," Slider kissed his hand before opening the door, "Wolf said he's keep watch." 

"oh my go-" Ice was suddenly pulled in for a kiss.

"just you and me.. for at least 20 minutes." 

"oh?" 

"Oh yea, baby," Slider pulled him into the room, Slider sending a wink to wolf before locking the door, "you're all mine."