Sneeze Fetish Forum

Top Gun (Mav x ice)

RemedyBane

16 hours ago, Mygyn said:

I know you say these are drabbles but it really feels like your painting a story here that all of them flow together. I love how we got to learn a bit more about ices dad here! Seriously love your updates as always ❤️ 

I"m so glad you feel that way! I totally see where you are coming from. It's kinda like one long fic with skips lol. One day i'll write one where Ice's dad is in the drabble, but that day is not today. XOXO thank you for reading!

4 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

That one pulled on my heart so much! I cannot stop rereading it and seeing slider and maverick taking care of ice like that and ice still holding all that trauma makes the entire story come together in a way that I never thought possible. Incredible as always!

Ice breaks my heart every time i think about him. He's such a good man. He doesn't deserve the shit I put him through lol. Thank you so much for reading XOXOXOXO

@Wolfwings22

"I can’t stop thinking of a story where Ice is sick and can’t stop sneezing and it hurts his throat so bad no matter when he tries to stifle or not and he’s crying because it hurts so much thanks to the cancer so maverick and slider do everything they can for him. Just seeing I’ve sneezing and struggling and clingy just pulls on my heartstrings so so much!"

I got you babe. 

Pain

Ice had caught a nasty cold only a few days after he was told he was in remission. Now that the Chemo was leaving his system and he was beginning to heal, he was susceptible to practically every cold that came their way. His throat was still healing from when they closed his tracheotomy hole, and everytime he coughed or sneezed, it hurt tremendously. Of course, he tried to hide how much pain he was in from his boys, but they knew. They could see it in his face, the way he looked away from them after a fit. They knew he couldn't look them in the eye; it would be too obvious. 

"You need something in your stomach," Mav came to the bed with a cup of broth, "thought drinking it would be easier." 

Ice mouthed- thank you-, not wanting to aggravate his throat further.

"anytime," Mav kissed his forehead and wrapped an arm around his shoulders, "what are we watching?" 

Ice handed him the remote, and lifted his shirt over his face, trying to stifle but he was too weak and sick to do it properly, "ngt-schiew-" He winced as the stifle made air hit the back of his throat and it killed, so he stop stifling, "Tschiew-tchiew-tschiew-tchiew-tchiew-tschiew!" he winced and touched his neck. 

"bless you, honey," Mav kissed his temple and handed him the soup back, having taken it when he saw Ice's nose twitch, "can you take more pain meds?" 

Ice touched his watch and shook his head, silently saying it's not time yet.

"This is just cruel," Mav frowned and pushed hair out of Ice's forehead, "can't catch a break, huh?" 

Ice just shrugged, taking a cautious sip of broth. He was hangry, but everything that passed down his throat felt like gravel and sandpaper. 

Slider came in with a steaming cup of tea and a thermometer that only needs to touch your forehead to read, "If you have a fever i'm bringing you to the hospital." 

"Is that really necessary?" Mav looked nervous, "He's spent too much time there already."

"If he doesn't have a fever, i'll just call the doctor," Slider kissed Ice's forehead before putting the thermometer near, "A fever is really dangerous, Mav."

"I know," Mav smiled when Ice squeezed his hand, "I know you're putting on a brave face for us." 

Ice shook his head, but Slider interrupted, "no fever, thank God." He showed Ice and Mav: 98.3.

"No hospitals, yay," Mav kissed Ice and grinned, "you can stay home." 

Ice put both hands up, Slider having taken the broth, and shook his hands; sign language for 'yay', but his face said it was sarcastic.

"you're being a downer," Mav cuddled up to him, "look on the bright side?" 

Ice turned his hands palms up, moving them side to side, SL for 'what?' 

"you're cancer free and now you can relax?" Mav kissed Ice's cheek, just before Ice ducked into his arm, muffling a sneezing fit, "aw honey." Mav had his hand on Ice's back and felt him tense up in pain after each sneeze. 

"try to sleep, give your throat a break," Slider put a hand on his forehead, "maybe you'll feel better after a nap." 

Ice nodded and closed his eyes, hearing and feeling mav and Slider leave him be. 

----------------

When he woke up, he felt like he swallowed sandpaper and every time he swallowed a shooting pain went through his neck and somehow into his shoulders. He didn't feel better at all; worse actually. Instead of wallowing in self pity, he swung his legs out of bed, intending to go see what Ron and Pete were up to. His plans were halted by the impending urge to sneeze.

"hint-chew-" he ducked into his chest before bringing his elbow to his face, "ent'chiew-ent'chiew-nt'chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chew-chew!" he closed his eyes against the pain and waited for it to go down before getting up and walking out of the bedroom door. He was really good at pretending everything was ok and he planned to stick to that plan. 

"Hey sleeping beauty," Mav was the first to see him and came over to give him a kiss, smiling that irresistible smile, "you are you feeling."

Ice just shrugged, not wanting to give away too much.

"My poor baby," Mav knew Ice hated pity, but he couldn't help it. He wanted to kiss this all away, "I think it's almost time for more pain meds." 

Ice looked at the clock and relaxed when in 30 minutes he could take more. 

"it'll build in your system and you'll feel better tomorrow," Slider was standing over a pot of something, "I'm just heating up more broth, don't look so terrified." 

Ice ducked into his elbow, putting his free arm around Maverick for support, trying to turn away as best he could so he didn't sneeze on him, "huh'TSchiew!" he felt Maverick tighten his hold on Ice, keeping him stable, "tschiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-chiew-chiew-chiew!" he touched his throat then quickly put his hand down, not wanting them to worry; standing straight like everything was fine. 

"30 more minutes.. half an hour," Slider frowned so deeply Ice felt a pang in his chest.

Mav was rubbing his side, "you're blood pressure is rising, you're in a lot of pain." 

Slider glanced over to see the veins in Ice's neck were bulging, "Maybe you should sit down- I know that look. I know you've been laying down for weeks, but you look exhausted, baby." 

"I'm fine" Ice winced and touched his neck again.

"no talking," Mav chastised, rubbing his back; his way of saying he wasn't mad but worried. 

Instead, Ice turned away again, elbow up, "TChiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-schiew!" 

"Bless you!" Mav had quickly grabbed Ice after the first sneeze, not having noticed he was going to sneeze. 

"This cold's all in your nose, huh." He pouted. 

Ice flipped him off before quickly ducking away again, "Etschiew!" he coughed a bit, "Etschiew-etschiew-etchiew-tschiew-tchiew-tschiew-tschiew-" he was wincing really hard after each sneeze, brows furrowed, body tensing, "TSchiew-chew-tchiew-schiew-chew!" 

"are you done?" Mav helped him stand back up.

Slider looked back at Ice, fully intending on saying something sexual, but saw Ice's eyes glass over, "Mav catch him!" 

Mav held Ice just as he went limp, "oh shit." He was in an awkward position and ended up on the floor with Ice ontop of him, unconscious, "fuck." 

"Mav.. Ice is like 10 pounds," Sli rolled his eyes and picked Ice up bridal style, then placed him on the couch, "I really need to start training you again." 

"Why did he faint?" Mav got off the ground and went over to the couch, massaging his legs, like he does when Ice doesn't feel well. 

"Pain," Slider put a blanket over Ice's body and bent down to kiss his forehead, "he'll wake up in a second."

"We should just give him the pain meds," Mav but his lower lip, hoping Slider would agree.

"yeah," Slider stood back up and walked out of the room, "I'm calling the doctor." 

-------------------------

Ice woke up coughing, face scrunched up in pain and Mav was worried he'd faint again.

"It's ok, it'll pass," Mav rubbed his back as he coughed and helped him sit up, only for Ice to collapse into Maverick chest and cough harshly into his shirt, "it's ok, I've got you." 

Slider came in, still on the phone with the doctor, "we can give him more meds." 

Ice hadn't realized he started crying, tears making Mav's white shirt see through in places. 

"oh, Ice," Mav held him tight, "Get the meds, Sli, I Don't think Ice can take this anymore." 

"If he's still in pain tonight, we're going in for morphine," Sli ran, hanging up the phone and taking Ice's medicine to him, "can you swallow this, please?" 

Ice took it fast and swallowed it with some broth from earlier, wincing as the pill felt like it was scratching down his throat.

"I know," Slider put the broth on the table and joined in hugging Ice, "it'll kick in soon, baby." 

Ice just started silently crying into Mav's shirt again, body shaking with pain. 

"It's ok to cry," Mav kissed the top of his head, "It's ok. it's all going to be ok." 

When another coughing fit took him, he grabbed a fist full of Mav's shirt, needing some stability.

"shh," Mav rubbed his back, hearing the soft sobs coming from Ice, "It'll stop soon." 

Ice ended up crying himself to sleep, or until he fainted, neither were really sure at this point. Either way, they didn't let go of him until he woke up an hour later, feeling a little better. He was so small, Slider could feel his ribs when he held him, and he couldn't help but bury his face in Ice's neck and shed a tear of his own. He was so small. Mav fell asleep, arms just as strong against ice as they were when he was asleep. Slider couldn't get himself to sleep. The only peace he felt was listening to Ice breathing... Alive. Ice was going to be fine. He needed to be fine. 

Slider didn't know what he'd do if he wasn't; but for right now... ok was enough.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RemedyBane

• Mygyn

• Wolfwings22

• Loverofreading

Love as usual!! I chuckled when Mav went down with ice and slider was his normal sassy self 😂

5 hours ago, Mygyn said:

🥰 thanks for the update!

Thank you for the comment! XOXO

4 hours ago, Loverofreading said:

Love as usual!! I chuckled when Mav went down with ice and slider was his normal sassy self 😂

I honestly laughed writing that part. The image of Mav falling down with Ice's dead weight while Slider just looked disappointed is hilarious to me. Thank you for reading/commenting XOXO

Suddenly

Slider and Ice were walking to the to the door after walking to and from the store, Ice holding  two cases of beer while Slider had all the other groceries on one arm, the other arm was wrapped around Ice's neck, pulling him in every few seconds for kisses, as Ice kept sniffling. 

Slider heard Ice start to hitch and he pulled him closer, feeling Ice move his face into Slider's arm stifling into his forearm, "Enkt-enkt-enkt-inkgt-ingkt-ingt'-chuh!" He sighed and sniffed as Slider used his thumb to rub the underside of Ice's nose, "Jesus.. I need to stop sneezing." 

Slider kissed his head again, "you're fucking adorable," His heart swelled with how casually Ice talked about his sneezes, like it was normal; which it was! This was progress!

"I have to fucking sneeze again," Ice shook his head in frustration.

"don't stifle this time, just sneeze," They stopped just shy of the door, as Ice ducked back into Slider's arm.

"Huschiew!" Ice was aware of how Slider shivered, "tshciew-tschiew-tschiew-tschiew-chiew!- oh." He sniffed thickly and sighed, "what the fuck." 

"Bless you, baby," Slider nibbled on his ear, clearly turned on, "you're so hot when you're irritated." 

"What is goi'hiih.. going on?" He felt Slider put his hand over his nose and mouth, covering for him as he sneezed again, "Huschiew!" He bent forward slightly, having to hold the beer more securely less he drop them, "Atchiew!-schiew-chiew!" 

Slider used his thumb to rub small circled on the side of Ice's nose, hoping to give him some relief to the itch, "better?" 

"m'huh..much," he scrunched his nose up and sniffed, "still need to sneeze th'hiih'though-" ducked back into Slider's hand, "Tdschiew!" Ice felt some mess pool under his nose and he tried to pull away from Slider but he was having none of it, "tdshciew!-dschiew-schiew!" 

"something's really got you bothered," Slider rubbed his nose for him before opening the front door, "Mav! Come help Ice." 

Ice quickly gave Mav the beer before heading towards the bathroom, sneezing wetly into his arm on the way there, "Hudschiew!" 

"Bless you!" Mav called back, not thinking twice about it, as this was the first sneeze he'd heard all day, "Good walk?" 

"best," Slider kissed Mav before washing his hands and arm before putting the groceries away.

Ice finished blowing his nose and felt it calm down before he washed up and came back out, "that was weird." 

"What was weird?" Mav looked at Ice, now noticing the slight pink tint to his eyes and nose, "are you having an allergy attack?" 

"hih.. yes," Ice stopped walking and turned around, burying his face in his arms, "Utschiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-chiew!" he sniffed and stood back up, "wow." 

"I take it you've been sneezing the whole way home?" Mav looked at Slider who was nodding.

"Allergies are kicking my ass, today," ice scrunched his nose up, "that was a lot." 

"You've sneezed 26 times since we made it to the house," Slider leaned against the counter, "I'd call that a lot." 

"26?!" Mav was partly shocked and partly impressed, "I think i'd die after 5."

"I've had longer fits," Ice rubbed his nose before walking up to Slider and just walking into him, wanting a hug, "that was disgusting." 

"no it wasn't," Slider kissed the top of his head, "you're just a little sensitive today." 

"I think it's an indoor kind of day," Mav opened a beer, and one for Slider, "I say we get wasted and watch bad movies." 

"I'll just get worse," Ice shook his head when offered a beer, "histamines." 

"the fuck is a hiss mean?" 

"Histamine," Ice repeated, "It's the chemical your white blood cells make when you're immune system is fighting an allergy-" he pinched his nose shut and stifled another 5, before sighing, "it'll just make me sneeze more."

"is that why some people sneeze after drinking wine?" 

"yup," Ice nodded before burying his face in Slider's chest, "i'm so itchy." 

Mav opened his phone and googled something before making a tsking noise, "Grass pollen is really high today." 

"no shit," Ice rubbed his eyes and nose, "I'm taking a shower." 

"Can I join you?" Slider raised a brow.

"you better," Ice cleared his throat, "I was sneezing all over you on the way here." 

"you couldn't help it," Slider kissed Ice's nose, "you know I like it."

"Then you're going to be happy all weekend," Mav turned his phone around, "This is suppose to get worse tomorrow." 

"aaand we're out of meds," Ice rubbed his face, "wonderful." 

"shower time," Slider squeezed Ice's ass, "Mav, pick a movie while we shower." 

"If you take longer than 15 minutes, i'm expecting compensation," Mav got off the bar stool and went to the couch, "from both of you!" 

"I don't think i'll be much f'huh.." Ice pulled his shirt over his face, "EDShciew!-dschiew-schiew-schiew-chiew!" 

"Bless!" Mav called from the couch, "I can wait until you can breathe through your nose." 

"that bight be a while," the last sneeze brought in the congestion and he sighed.

Slider was already taking off his shirt and throwing it in the direct of the laundry room, picking Ice up and walking him to the bathroom, "we'll be back."

"I know," Mav laid down on the couch, smiling to himself at the promise of getting taken care of later, "take all the time you need." 

On my gosh the one that I requested that you wrote about Ice and his throat was literally one of the single best pieces of literature I have ever read. It was exactly what I wanted (and needed) and you better believe I was up until 2 in the morning last night rereading it as many times as I could until I can recite every word. It was so amazing and I can’t thank you enough for it! You are the literal best!

Also this last one is 10000/10 since I agree with @Mygyn messy sneezes will always be one of my favorite tropes as well and combined with the fits that Ice has melts me every time. I can’t even put into words how much these last two stories have touched me and how much I adore them!

On 8/9/2022 at 12:36 AM, Mygyn said:

Messy sneezes are my favourite and 10/10 for this one! 

They really are sexy huh.. Thanks for reading/commenting XOXO

On 8/9/2022 at 9:22 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

On my gosh the one that I requested that you wrote about Ice and his throat was literally one of the single best pieces of literature I have ever read. It was exactly what I wanted (and needed) and you better believe I was up until 2 in the morning last night rereading it as many times as I could until I can recite every word. It was so amazing and I can’t thank you enough for it! You are the literal best!

Also this last one is 10000/10 since I agree with @Mygyn messy sneezes will always be one of my favorite tropes as well and combined with the fits that Ice has melts me every time. I can’t even put into words how much these last two stories have touched me and how much I adore them!

AWw you're so sweet! I hope you still got some sleep! No, YOU'RE the best! XOXOXO

hahah Ice.. melts. heheheheheeh

Streamer Roo

Rooster, Pheonix, and Bob had started a little pact to get online and play games together, while streaming. It was mostly to make sure they all stayed in touch more, but their games had started to gain traction. It was odd to know people were watching them play, but they liked the attention and it was funny to watch the chat go nuts. Today they were playing "Devour" a horror game Bob had showed them all. 

"who's joining us?" Bob looked confused as another player loaded then sighed, "who let Hangman in?" 

Rooster just put his face in his hands and Pheonix groaned.

"I let myself in," Hangman piped up, joining their audio as well, "you guys shouldn't be so obvious with your passwords"

"shut up, Jake," Rooster put his headphones on better and started the game, "he's gonna leave us all the die, never heal us, and try to win solo." 

"Excuse me?" Hangman faked shock, "try? Oh, Rooster, baby bird.. I will win." 

"hey, you don't get to call him that!" Bob's frown was evident in his voice, "you're such a pain." 

"let's just play and see what happens," Phoenix was texting Rooster at the same time, "we can always kick him out next game." 

"Rude!" Hangman changed his avatar and hit play, "What are you doing anyway? Are you texting?" 

"no," Pheonix was clearly texting, smiling at her phone.

"Who could you possibly be texting at a time like this?" Hangman ran ahead of them, looking for the eggs.

"none of your business," Phoenix sent the message and smiled when Rooster and Bob laughed, "so you're just gonna run off without telling us a plan?" 

"you're on your own." 

Rooster had taken his head phones off so his family could hear the commentary and Mav came over frowning into the Camera, "What did I tell you about leaving your wingman?" 

"I distinctly saving your ass, oldman!" Hangman grinned into his camera, giving them a wink.

"Dont flirt with my uncle," Rooster rolled his eyes, "the admiral is behind the camera, Jake." 

Jake looked nervous, "Good Afternoon, Admiral Kazansky," Jake's camera turned off but he was still there.

Ice was actually not there, he was outside with Slider, trying not to have an allergy attack as people mow their lawns.

"If that's all it takes to shut up Bagman, i'm writing that down," Phoenix took out a pen and paper, "use Admiral Kazansky's name for fear." 

"I'm not scared," Hangman didn't turn his camera back on yet, "and it's Hangman." 

"whatever you say, Bagman," Phoenix smiled into the camera, having seen all the comments about how pretty she was, "you guys are so sweet." 

"you're definitely the prettiest of us all," Rooster smiled, "Bob's a close second." 

"Bob's adorable!" Hangman turned his camera back on, "But I am clearly the prettiest one here." 

Mav came back into frame, "Debatable." 

They group burst out laughing and the chat starting saying "hot uncle check!" 

"What did you start, Mav," Rooster pointed to the chat and grinned, "Ice is gonna hate that." 

"Where is he?" Rooster looked around the room, "he was just here." 

"Helping Slider with something outside," Mav shrugged, "I'll tell him your live when he comes in." 

"What is he doing outside?" Rooster turned off his camera for a second, "guys brb." 

"where are you going? This is a battleground!" Phoenix yelled into the microphone. 

"Now who's leaving their wingman, huh?!" Hangman smirked.

"shut up, Seresin," Bob frowned and grabbed an egg, "can someone clean the water so i can see what symbol this is?" 

"already ahead of you, come to the big pool," Phoenix was already cleaning it, "Hangman, watch our backs-agh!" She moved and flashed the light at a spider, "wtf Seresin?!" 

"i'm unlocking a door, blame Rooster," Hangman smirked, "are you afraid of spider's Phoenix?" 

"no, but it is the only thing that can kill us in this game!" 

"you're impossible," Bob frowned and went to protect Phoenix while she cleaned the pool. 

-----------

Rooster went outside and frowned as Ice and Slider were trying to fix the lawn mower, "Uncle Ice," he sighed, "why don't you let Mav do this?" 

"Because he doesn't know how?" Ice scrunched his nose up and pushed his glasses further up his nose, "I'm fine, Roo." 

Slider kissed Ice's forehead before standing up, "We should just buy a new one." 

"it just got jammed," Ice brought his elbow up, "itsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tschiew!" 

"Bless!" Rooster rolled his eyes, "you guys say i'm stubborn." 

"You are," Ice smirked before pulling something out of the blades beneath, "What is this?" 

"looks like metal," Rooster shrugged, "you're going to get sick." 

"I'm already sick-" 

"Sicker," Rooster came over and helped Ice up, "you just got over cancer. Will you take it easy, please?" 

"Uncle Ron was mowing the lawn, not me," Ice kissed Rooster's forehead, "I'll go back inside once I know this starts, then i'll relax." 

"fine," Rooster frowned as he noticed some people staring, "Uncle Sli.. put on a shirt.. you're making the neighbors horny again." Ice raised a brow, not liking the language, "What? That lady is literally feeling herself right now." He gestured with his head and Ice looked, slightly appalled.

"Is she hosing herself down?" Slider looked away, "yup.. putting on a shirt," He shivered, uncomfortable and took Ice's hand before pulling him in for a kiss, "These neighbors are crazy." 

"you're telling me," Rooster tried not to gag, "what the actual-" 

"language," Ice frowned.

"Heck," Rooster finished before opening the door for them, "Seriously though, that's so gross." 

"if you throw up, aim for the bushes," Slider twisted Rooster around and nudged him back inside.

"people are crazy," Rooster walked back to the game. 

"What happened?" Mav came the window and started laughing, "Sli, I think you have a admirer." 

Ice put the curtains down and scrunched his face up, "I need a shower." 

"I'm joinging you," Slider kissed Ice again. 

"ooooo," Hangman said over the coms, making them all jump, "haha did you forget about us, Roo?" 

"You don't get to call me that," Rooster turned his camera back on so he could flip Jake the bird.

Ice held his chest and put his forehead on Slider's chest, "don't scare me like that." 

"Let's take that shower," Slider pulled him towards their bedroom, Mav following, but not before making a face at the camera. 

"Good job, Bagman," Phoenix frowned, "you know he's just gone into remission, asshole." 

"Remission from what?" Jake looked genuinly confused.

"you don't know?" Bob looked at Rooster's screen, having paused the game for everyone, "wait.. is that not public knowledge?" 

"It's public," Rooster sighed and rubbed his face, "Jake is just too self absorbed to notice." 

"Notice what!?" 

"Admiral Kazansky just beat throat cancer," Phoenix saw how hard it was for Rooster to say, so she did it for him, "haven't you noticed how deep and gravely his voice was?" 

"I thought that's just how he talked," Jake shrugged, "I've never met him." 

"Well no," Rooster took a deep breathe, "he's cancer free, but he's still getting through the remains of chemo." 

"shit," Jake looked genuinely sorry, "Bradley.. I had no idea, i'm so sorry." 

"Why? He's alive," Rooster looked back towards the bedroom, "he pushed through without so much as a single complaint. He's strong." 

"There's a reason he's the best," Hangman smiled, "fucking hero." 

"He's definitely mine," Rooster smiled when they all nodded in agreement, "You guys should tell him that." 

"i'm terrified to," Bob scratched the back of his neck, "He's so.. cool." 

"You had no problem with Mav?" 

"Yeah, but Maverick is... crazy," Bob laughed, "and friendly. I didn't approach him, he approached me." 

"Ice is intimidating," Phoenix nodded in agreement, "So is Slider." 

"Have you seen that man's biceps!" Bob's eyes were the size of dinner plates, "How is he so ripped at 60?!" 

"I don't know," Rooster looked uncomfortable, "I don't really think about the hotness of my uncles." 

"That's ok, Hangman does it enough for the both of you," Phoenix started the game again. 

--------------------

When the shower was over, Slider and Mav put Ice to bed, knowing he needed a nap after working for most of the morning. They convinced him to lay down after they promised to wake him up after an hour. He needed to regain his strength. 

The didn't wake him, but he just woke up anyway, getting out of bed and brushing his teeth and trying to fix his appearance as best he could. He still looked tired and sickly, but it was the best he could do considering his circumstances. 

He opened the bedroom door and saw that Rooster was still on the game, yelling at Hangman for whatever he did. Instead of asking, he walked behind the camera, not wanting to be in the line of site or distract Rooster, before heading towards the kitchen, where Mav was attempting to make lunch.

"the stove is too hot," Ice coughed lightly into his fist before turning the temperature down, "you're burning your.." He squinted at the pan, having forgotten his glasses, "what is ths?" 

"Grilled cheese," Mav kissed Ice's cheek, "you forgot your glasses again." 

"yeah," he rubbed his face, "It's fine." 

Slider came into the kitchen and put Ice's glasses on his face, kissing his lips when he was done, "so handsome." 

Ice didn't believe it for a second but didn't comment, "What is Roo doing?" 

"playing videos games," Mav shrugged, "I don't really understand any of it, but it has something to do with Spiders and eggs.. and pools? Mostly he's been yelling at Jake." 

"He's going to lose his voí-ce" Ice's voice cracked and he coughed into his arm, wincing in pain. 

"time for more meds," Mav kissed his nose and went to grab them.

"Couch time," Slider wrapped his arm around him and brought him over, trying not to smile when he caught Rooster giving them side glances, "Do you want to read? or sleep?" 

"or you could come play!" Rooster called from the corner, "We can kick Hangman out!"

"I second this!" Phoenix called back, following by Bob. 

"It's majority rules!" Rooster twirled his chair around to look at Ice, "wanna play?" 

"I'm content with listening," Ice coughed lightly, "have fun with your friends." 

"I wouldn't call Hangman a friend." 

"I would have said the same about Maverick way back when." 

"Still not a friend," Mav winked at Ice.

"Gross," Rooster scrunched his face up, "don't insinuate i'm going to be with Bagman." 

"you'd be lucky to have me!" 

"Shut up!" Rooster looked at his uncles like 'help!' 

"You're on your own," Mav brought Rooster is half burnt grilled cheese, "not my students anymore." 

"Old Timer, how did you survive this long on earth without being able to cook?" Jake looked at the grilled cheese with disgust.

"Goose, Carole, and now Ice," Mav kissed Rooster's head, "I've gotten better, though." 

Ice coughed from the couch before chiming in, "first time he cooked, he burnt down the kitchen." 

"I was following the instructions!" Mav tried to defend himself.

"no, honey," Ice cleared his throat, "you did no such thing." 

"I remember that," Rooster snorted, "Ice's first day of chemo." 

"I tried to do something nice-"

"It was the thought that counted," Ice blew him a kiss from the couch.

"You guys are so cute," Phoenix giggled.

"What were you trying to cook?" Bob didn't even realize he died in the game, he was so invested. 

"I don't even remember.." 

"It was a Casserole, Carole brought over during my first bought of Cancer," Ice smiled softly at the memory.

"YOU HAD CANCER TWICE?!" Jake's head was exploding.

"How do you think I sound so sexy?" 

"WAS THAT A JOKE?!" Jake was going to explode.

"I do that sometimes," Ice cuddled into Slider and closed his eyes.

"You do sound sexy," Mav bit his lower lip, making Rooster gag.

"Mav!" he moved his shoulders out of uncomfortable energy, "I don't need this in my mind." 

"Grow up, Roo," Jake was laughing, "Uncle Mav gets some!" 

"you're 12," Rooster sighed and quit the game, "I'm logging off. You disgust me." 

"party pooper," Jake said right before Rooster turned off his computer.

The second he was gone, he got a text from Phoenix and Bob -we're coming over and bringing lunch. Does Ice like soup?-

He smiled and said out loud, "Natasha and Bob are coming over with lunch. Uncle Ice? Any requests?" 

"i'm alright," Ice frowned when Slider spoke for him after.

"Any Soup is good," Slider kissed Ice's forehead, "you need to eat." 

Rooster texted back, -He doesn't have a preference, but soup would really help his throat. Thanks, guys.-

-anytime,- Phoenix sent before Bob added a smiley face. 

Awe this one was so cute with all of them together and teasing one another! It makes my heart so happy!

16 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

Awe this one was so cute with all of them together and teasing one another! It makes my heart so happy!

I'm so glad your heart is happy! XOXO Thank you for reading/commenting! 

Wine and Hypotheticals

The three of them were drinking, finally winding down from a very hectic week, mostly Maverick's fault, but Slider let it go for now. Ice was beyond exhausted from pulling strings to keep Mav from getting thrown out of the military, and came home barely able to keep his eyes open. For the first time since Mav knew him, Ice took a nap. Of course, he'd take naps if he was sick or injured, but he was perfectly healthy, just exhausted; or so he said. The stress had given him a headache and he just wanted to unclench for the first time in hours. 

When he finally emerged, he really didn't want to talk, which should have been Mav and Slider's first clue that he wasn't feeling well, but they brushed it off as he was still in a bad mood. Instead, they just handed him a beer and took his hand to sit outside with them and just watch the stars in the sky. 

They were well into their 4th drink of the night when Ice started rubbing his nose. Slider's mother had shipped them a box of nice bottled wines for Slider's birthday a few months prior and they were still only on their second bottle. It wasn't that they didn't like wine, they all did, but they were so touched about having nice wine that they wanted to save it for nice occasions, that never really came. Slider finally got tired of staring at the bottles and opened one tonight. 

Ice was the first to accept the glass, actually relieved to skip the beer they usually drank. He much preferred vodka on the rocks to beer, but he wasn't a complainer. 

"This feels.." Mav swirled the glass around, "fancy." 

"What's wrong with fancy" Slider poured himself a second glass, "this tastes a million times better than that beer-water you like so much." 

"hey," Mav pointed an accusatory finger at Slider, not actually mad but teasing, "it's better than that piss water you like." 

Ice just sighed and sipped his wine, closing his eyes as the liquid met his tongue. He was the only one that truly appreciated the wine. Slider liked it, but he didn't really care either way. HIs parents owned a vineyard, so he was grown up on this stuff. He might as well have been offered water with how calmly he responded to the box of expensive wine on their doorstep. 

Ice didn't realize he was being watched until he opened his eyes again and saw them both staring at him, "what?" 

Mav smirked, "I like looking at you." 

Slider came up behind him and hugged him, kissing his neck, "This is why you're my mother's favorite." 

"What did I do?" 

"Take the time to actually taste the wine," Slider chuckled into Ice's shoulder, kissing it intermittently, "You actually appreciate this stuff." 

"So do you-" 

"I've been drinking this since I was 12, I don't give the same reaction. Mom LIVES for that reaction," Slider kissed his cheek.

"Didn't know I was making a face," Ice put the glass down when he felt an itch in his nose. He quickly put the collar of his shirt over his face and ducked into his elbow, "Itck-ick-ick-ickshiew!" He shook his head a little before coming up, "sorry." 

Slider moaned and resumed kissing his neck, "4th drink, Ice." 

"huh?" Mav raised his brows, looking between the two like he was missing something.

"Ice gets all sneezy after 4 drinks," Slider spun Ice around and started kissing his face, tispy himself. 

"I hate that you know that," Ice scrunched his nose up in frustration, only making Slider kiss it.

"That's hilarious," Mav refilled Ice's cup, "what happens at 5?" 

"No idea," Slider started to kiss Ice's lips a little, "but I bet it's hot." 

"you think everything he does is hot," Mav rolled his eyes.

"So do you," Slider winked at Mav.

"I never said it was untrue," Mav pushed the cup towards Ice, "Think you can handle it?" 

"if i'm hungover tomorrow, i'm not making you all breakfast," he smiled as they both whined, "you are both so dependant." 

"yes," Mav came closer and wrapped his arms around Ice to, completing the cage Ice was now in, stuck in between his loves, "Which means you can never ever leave us. We'd die." 

"Or get arrested," Slider poked Maverick, "for war crimes." 

"it wasn't my fault-!" 

"I can't talk about that right now," Ice coughed a little into Slider's shoulder, "I've been dealing with it all week, please no more talk about work until monday?"

"Deal," Mav handed Ice the glass, "drink up so we can go back to gazing stars.. stargazing." Mav squinted trying to remember the right order of words.

"stargazing," Ice nodded and kissed Maverick's forehead, "let's go back out before we miss the meteor shower," Ice sniffed and let Mav take his hand, half dragging him outside. 

Slider was right behind them, making some excuse to get touch Ice, especially his ass, pretending like he was making sure he didn't bump into the doorway; not that Ice was complaining.

Mav sat down on the bench and pulled Ice down with him as Slider took Ice's wine and put it on the table so he wouldn't spill it. WIth the force of Mav's pull, Ice half fell on Mav and had his face in Mav's chest; not that he complained. 

Ice just wrapped his arms around Mav and cuddled closer, "I don't think i've ever been so tired," he sniffed and rubbed his nose against Mav's chest.

"Stay awake or you'll miss the shower!" Mav looked up, frantically searching for anything moving above them. 

"it's not for another 20 minutes," Ice sniffed, "I could sleep until th'hih..the'hhahhn-" tispy and tired he didn't think to regain composure or move from Maverick, instead sneezing directly into his chest, like he would with Slider, "Etschiew-tschiew-tschiew-tschiew-tschiew-tschiew-tschiew-tchiew-tchiew-chiew!" 

"bless you," Mav just rubbed his back and kissed his head, smiling to himself as he realized Ice wasn't entirely sure what he was doing. This was the first time Ice let Mav help him with his fits. Even thought he was tipsy, Mav counted this as progress.

"hmm," Ice closed his eyes, "20 minutes?" 

"we can wake you up in 20," Slider rubbed his legs, and it was then that Ice looked confused.

Mav noticed and held onto Ice tighter, "no switching now," he kissed Ice's twitching nose, watching as he tried not to sneeze, "Ice, we talked about this." 

Ice just shook his head and pinched his nose, stifling 5 sneezes before sighing, "you're different." 

"Doesn't make me a germaphobe," Mav kissed Ice's nose again, "you're so cute." 

"Itschiew!" Ice couldn't bring his hand fast enough and sneezed into Mav's chest again, but when he tried to bring his hands up to continue the fit, Mav grabbed his hands and pinned them to his sides, forcing him to sneeze into mav, "Etschiew-tschiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-chiew-chiew-chew-kew-kiew-kew!" he sighed and sniffed, feeling the hazy tipsy feeling take over his brain instead of the panic he'd feel about sneezing on Maverick. 

"Bless you baby," Mav kissed the top of his head in reward, "feel better?" 

Ice, tipsy, said something he normally wouldn't admit out loud, "throat hurts." 

Slider and Mav shared a look, but silently agreed not to say anything to alert Ice to what he just said, "Do you want to switch from Wine to water? or coffee? tea?" 

Ice tried to bury himself further into Mav's chest and just moaned.

"baby?" Mav rubbed his back, "have you been feeling sick all day?" he ignored the look he got from Slider, knowing Ice was too tipsy, almost drunk, to really care about what he said.

"talked too much today," Ice coughed a little, "'s nothing." 

"ok," Slider came closer and felt the back of Ice's neck, relaxing when he felt no fever, "We can always pull up the blinds and watch from bed?" 

"hm.. bed," Ice smiled slightly, already half asleep on Mav, "Tschiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-chiew!" 

"What about the wine?" Mav looked at the glass Ice hald half finished, watching in horror, but impressed, as Slider downed the half glass without even thinking, "ok, then." 

"Mav, take Ice to bed-" 

"I can't carry him," Mav pouted, "I almost dropped him last time." 

"Right," Slider smiled, "I got Ice, make some tea and bring water." 

"one problem," Mav rubbed Ice's back, "he's a little attached right now." 

"that's easy," Slider bent down and started to rub Ice's side, getting the sleepy man's attention, and rubbed his stomach when he turned, "let's go to bed." 

Ice nodded and went to sit up, only for Slider to suddenly pick him up, grinning when Ice immediately wrapped his arms around his neck and fell back asleep against him.

"aw, doll," Slider started kissing Ice's face again, "you're so light." 

"thank you," Ice slurred and buried his face in Slider's neck.

"Too light, gorgeous," Slider held him close, "we need to eat more." 

"we?" Mav frowned, "I eat more than both of you already." 

Slider rolled his eyes, "fine, Ice and I will eat more food and you can have the leftovers." 

"rude," Mav smacked Slider's ass, "aren't we trying to get rid of negative eating habits?" 

"Yup," Slider started to carry Ice back to bed, "but I think we can skip fear food day tomorrow," Slider frowned when Ice relaxed more into him, "we can try again when you don't feel so sick." 

"i'm not sick," Ice rubbed his nose against Slider's neck.

"well then, we are still taking it easy tomorrow," Slider pulled back the covers and placed Ice inside, "don't want that cough of yours to get worse." 

"Not that that's bothering us," Mav chimed in, drunkenly worried ice would take offense, "you're really hot.. even coughing.. not that coughing is hot.. but you make it hot-" 

"stop helping," Slider pushed Mav out of the bedroom to go make the tea, "don't forget to drink water!" 

"You drink water!" Mav yelled back but did as he was told.

Slider looked back at Ice and found the man was already asleep, breathe evening out, and he had a suspicion that Ice didn't hear what Mav said anyway; which was a relief. He bent down and kissed his forehead before tucking him in, "Goodnight, my love." 

Mav came back in with water, "why don't you call me your love?" 

Slider started, turning back to see Mav, " I didn't say that." 

"I was here," Mav handed Slider the glass, "you're extra sweet when you think we can't hear you." 

"Shut up, Maverick," Slider rubbed the top of Maverick's head before walking out.

Mav took the time to sit by Ice's bed and whispered, "You deserve to hear it, too bad you're passed out," he half expected Ice to open his eyes and say that he heard him, but alas, Ice was still asleep, "I'd marry you both if I could." 

"it's illegal," Slider came in with that tea, "but damn, do you both look good in tuxes." 

"A winter wedding would probably be best," Mav tucked a stray hair behind Ice's ear, "the snow would bring out his eyes." 

"He's look great but we'd both be in parkas trying to stay alive," Slider crawled into bed and pulled Mav closer, "stop thinking about our hypothetical wedding and come cuddle." 

"you're such a soft drunk," Mav kissed Slider before getting in front of ice, becoming the little spoon, as Slider became the big spoon. Their bodies fit so well together in this russian doll lineup that any other way just wouldn't cut it. They'd never get to sleep.

Instead of sleeping Mav turned, facing Slider and ice, "Ice would definitely wear white, but would you wear black? or white?' 

"what?" Slider opened his eyes, looking confused for a second, "both? I'd probably wear a traditional tux." 

"If you're in black and he's in white, Can I be in red?" 

Slider rolled his eyes, "in this hypothetical wedding? sure Mav. Wear whatever you want." 

Ice stirred, instantly making both of them shut up before Mav whispered, "I'll take that as a 'no red'."

"go to bed," Slider put a protective hand over Ice's waist and kissed his forehead, hoping to keep him asleep.

"ok," mav closed his eyes, "I love you.. both of you." 

Slider took a deep breathe before finally closing his eyes, "we love you too, Mav."

Tipsy Ice is so adorable! And the way that he finally leans into Maverick and thinking that he’s Slider but also not knowing how to be as open with him literally had me almost unable to contain my excitement. It was so cute and wholesome and then them talking about the hypothetical wedding at the end....I can’t even tell you what that did to me! As always I adore everything that you write and it always makes me so happy to see when you update!

On 8/12/2022 at 12:39 AM, Mygyn said:

Hypothetical wedding and star gazing and ice sneezing with Mav 😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻 that was amazing 

Thank you so much! 🥰😘 XO

@Wolfwings22 (it wouldn't let me quote) Thank you for your lovely comment! TIpsy Ice is really cute. I love him so much. XO

Made with Love

Ice was putting on his watch, sitting against the banister that seperated the stairs from the hallway, when Mav came up to him, "you're upset with me." 

Ice sighed and rolled his sleeve back down, looking back at his boyfriend, "I'm not upset-" 

"Tell that to your forehead," Mav moved closer and zipped up the rest of Ice's flight suit.

They had decided to go back to teaching at Top Gun for a little while, wanting to take a break from missions and take a semi-vacation together. While the workload was just as rigorous, it was a safer job, with a guarantee that they'd go home every night to their own bed, roughly at the same time. That meant more dinners together, more date nights, and Mav's favorite, more sex. 

Ice looked up at the ceiling and sniffed, clearly not wanting to talk about this right now, but here they were, "you broke the hard deck, again." 

"I got permission this time," Mav stepped more into Ice's space, "I went above board." 

"You got permission for 6,000 feet, not 5,000." 

"so I was a little bit off-" 

"1,000 feet is not a little bit off," Ice sighed, "There is a reason the hard deck is 10,000, Pete." 

"They need to be able to deal with a lower altitude. what if something happens?" 

"We are here to train them so nothing does happen."

Ice got a strange look in his eyes, once Maverick was all too familiar with, "you know, we can still have this debate after you sneeze." 

Ice shoved Mav lightly before bringing his elbow up to his face, half stifling, "ingt'chiew-ngt'chew-ngt'chew-ngt'chiew." 

"Only four?" Mav rubbed Ice's side, grinning.

"Just four," Ice confirmed before rubbing his eyes, "don't think that looking at me like that will get you out of this reprimand." 

"probably not," Mav reached into Ice's pocket and took out his key to his office, "but if you keep standing here, you're not going to be able to breathe enough to lecture me." 

"What are you talking about?" Ice took his keys, but didn't put them away.

"We are standing by the locker room, on a friday night," Mav raised both brows, "you can't smell the cologne?" 

Ice hadn't been paying any attention to his surroundings, too focused on trying to find the right words to use with Maverick. Now that he thought about it, The air did have a musky scent to it.

"You must be really are upset with me if you didn't notice," Mav pouted and took Ice's hand, "you can lecture me all you want, when we get back to your office where it's safe to breathe." 

Ice nodded a bit reluctantly, but not because of the moving; he desperately wanted to leave this place as he was already feeling a sinus headache coming on, but tired of trying to explain to Mav about the importance of the rules. He was running out of things to say, and he really wanted to just give up and let Mav do whatever he wanted; but that would end him in an early grave and he couldn't have that. 

Mav pulled him into the hallway and took the keys from him, turning the keys in the lock and pushing Ice inside, just as Slider caught up to them, looking exhausted.

"ent'schiew-" Ice half stifled down his chest before putting his elbow back up, 'ingt'chiew-ingt'chiew-ingt'chew-chew-chew-chiew!" 

"Why is he sneezing?" Slider looked accusatory at Mav.

"Kids were spraying cologne nearby," Mav watched Slider relax, glad it was something minor.

Ice sighed and rubbed his nose before sitting at his desk, "I forgot what I was saying..." 

"achoo?" Mav chimed in unhelpfully, earning him a glare from Ice.

"What did you do this time?" Slider sat on the edge of the desk and moved his foot to intertwine with Ice's leg.

Mav sat on the window sill, not making eye contact, "broke the hard deck." 

"That's nothing new-"

"after having asked for it to be lowered, he broke that standard too." 

"what the fuck, Mav," Slider rubbed his face.

"Not my best move," Mav raised his hands in surrender, "but in my defense, we didn't really notice until it was too late-" Mav realized what he said wasn't helping when Ice's eyes widened, "wait no-"

"didn't notice?" Ice's voice was calm, but deep and slow, adding that chilly nature to it that got him his name and reputation, "and if that was the ground?" 

"But it wasn't the ground," Mav chimed in, "we were still very safely above ground-"

"The hardeck is in place for a reason, Pete," Ice pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I know, but-"

"please no," Ice started to massage his sinuses, "I need a break." 

"from-?" 

"this," Ice put his head in his hands and hid his face, "just for a moment, can we all just not speak." 

"What's wrong?" Slider got off of the desk and knelt down, "This isn't the worse thing Mav has done this month-"

"I know," Ice took a shaky breath, " I just need a minute."

The two boyfriends agreed and sat in silence for a few moments, before Mav started to get anxious, "I know you don't like to talk when you're stressed, but I'm getting anxious." 

Ice lifted his head, eyes a little distant, "I'm overwhelmed, Pete," he lifting his hand to his forehead and leaned back in his chair, "I love you. You know I Will do everything in my power to keep you up in the air. But please," Ice let his hand drop back to his side, "I just need a break." 

"Ok," Mav came closer and started to massage Ice's shoulders, "we-" he shook his head, "you can fix it monday." 

"Monday sounds fine," Ice closed his eyes and tried to relax.

"Are you just overwhelmed or do you not feel well?" Slider was rubbing Ice's thigh, trying to ground Ice and keep him out of his head.

"Overwhelmed," Ice put a hand over his heart, "needed to breathe." 

"your blood pressure shot up," Slider was taking his pulse, "it's ok, it happens when you're really stressed." 

"No more responsibilities tonight.," Mav reached over and turned off Ice's computer, effectively signing him off, "Slider and I will figure out dinner, you just relax, take a nap, read a book, whatever you want." 

Ice winced and put his head back in his hands, "my head..." 

Slider turned off the lights and came back to the desk, "did you just get a headache?" 

"no," Ice took a breathe and sat back up, "had one since noon. It's just gotten worse." 

Mav put a hand on Ice's forehead, "you're warm." 

"it's past 100 outside, of course i'm warm," Ice took Mav's hand off of his forehead, turning to stand up, only to feel dizzy and fell back in the chair.

"You might be dehydrated," Slider went to go get him some water.

Ice tried to tell Slider that he wasn't, but the man was gone, "everyone needs to slow down." 

"Slow down?" Mav frowned, "I knew you haven't been sleeping this week," he frowned and took Ice's face in his hands, "How long has it been since you've slept?" 

"I sleep with you both every night-"

"no, you're in bed with us every night," Mav put the back of his hand back on Ice's forehead, "you have a fever." 

"It's not a fever," Ice sniffed and looked up for a moment before looking back at Mav, "I admit, I haven't had the most restful sleep as of late."

"Any idea why?" Mav raised a brow when Ice stayed silent, "what happened?" 

"nothing happened," Ice brought Mav's hand back up, letting him caress his cheek, "just a little stressed." 

"A little? You almost passed out a second ago."

Slider came back in and handed Ice his water bottle, making him take some sips, "think you can stand?" 

"no," Mav put his hands on Ice's shoulders, not letting him try, "Sli, he's not dehydrated, he's sick." 

"What?" Slider moved closer and put his hand on his forehead, "you are warm." 

"it's just a migraine, i'll get over it." 

"You always say that," Mav frowned, "you're really stressed, not sleeping, dizzy, and you're head must be killing you." 

"Wait, you're not sleeping?" Slider looked flabbergasted, "Is this about making you an admiral?" 

"What now?" Mav looked at Slider, both brows raised.

"It's not set in stone, i'm just a candidate." 

"Still!" Mav looked elated, "That's amazing!" 

Ice winced, and moved slightly away.

"sorry," Mav whispered, "why is this stressful?" 

"he really wants it," Slider sat back on the desk, "but doesn't think he deserves it, so he's working extra hard, which is only making him sick."

"No one deserves this more than you," Mav took Ice's hand and kissed it, "Baby, you're gonna get it." 

"let's not get ahead of ourselves," Ice bit his lower lip looking down.

"ok," Slider felt Ice's forehead again, "either way, we need to get you home and resting." 

"when do you find out?"

"Next friday," Ice took a deep breathe and rubbed his eyes, "shit.. I really want this." 

"Yeah," Mav took his arm and helped him stand, "no shit." 

Slider thought for a moment before walking over and hugged Ice tight, "this is about your dad." 

Mav watched as Ice held onto Slider like his life depended on it, clearly trying to stop himself from crying.

"He never made it to admiral. You'd outrank him," Slider started kissing Ice's face, "and you will." 

"it's too soon to tell," Ice kept a hand in Slider's shirt, not wanting him to pull away, "fuck.. it'll feel so good to be above him."

"fuck yeah it will," Mav grinned, "you're better than him." 

"If I don't-" 

"you will," Mav poked Ice's arm, "we are manifesting." 

"and Mav will become even more of a nuisance if you're not chosen." 

"oh definitely," Mav grinned and joined the hug, "we're so proud of you." 

"thank you," Ice kissed Mav before letting his boys take his hands.

"Let's go home," Slider kissed Ice before grabbing Ice's things, "medicine, soup, and the bed are calling your name." 

-------------------------------

Ice had fallen asleep almost the second his head hit the pillow, taking a well deserved and long nap, barely being awake in time for dinner. His migraine had lessen to a light headache, but now he felt cold and achy all over. The fever was taking hold and he got up to grab sweats and socks before joining his loves in the kitchen.

"Feel better?" Mav came over and gave him a kiss, frowning when their lips met, "you're a lot warmer." 

"fever," Ice shivered and wrapped his arms around him, "it's fine." 

"If it's so fine, give me more than two syllables," Mav started rubbed Ice's arms, trying to warm him up.

Ice shook his head lightly, really not able to speak. He felt so awful that the idea of saying anything was stressful.

"that's what I thought," Mav lead him over to the table, and kissed his head as Slider brought him a bowl of soup.

"you're all flushed," Slider pouted and kissed Ice's forehead, "medicine first, then food." 

Ice just nodded and downed his medicine with shaky hands, before trying the soup. He recognized it immediately and smiled. it was Slider's mother's soup, "how?" 

"She has a sixth sense for these things," Slider opened the fridge to see a giant tupperware full of soup, "he had a weird feeling this morning and made soup for us."

"she drove?" Ice looked really guilty.

"no, my dad did," Slider closed the fridge and came closer, "He was on his way to a conference nearby, so she had him make a pitstop." 

"oh," Ice nodded and continued eating. 

"she was very worried about you," Slider came to him and started rubbing his shoulders, "called me just before dad arrived, asked me about you." Slider felt Ice stiffen and just kissed his head, "she heard from the grapevine that you were in the running for admiral, and she immediately knew you'd run yourself into the ground." 

"She's a mind reader," Mav made ice tea and put it next to the bowl.

"That she is," Slider stopped rubbing Ice's shoulders and sat down, eating his own soup, "she loves you." 

Ice wiped a tear that was running down his cheek, staring at his soup, "She's so.. nice."

"yup," Slider didn't pay much attention to it, "She wants an update when you're feeling better." 

"I will call," Ice nodded, eating more soup.

"So this is what it's like to live in a stable household," Mav nodded and ate more soup, "this is nice." 

"we're a stable household," Slider gestured to the three of them. 

"I mean family," Mav rolled his eyes, 'ya know.. moms and dads." 

"moms and dads don't make a family, Mav," It was Slider's turn to roll his eyes, "love makes a family." 

"that was corny." 

"Still true," Slider looked between his two loves, "and we love each other. This is a stable family. No one's going anywhere. We're all safe." He looked at Ice for that last one, frowning when Ice wiped away another tear.

Mav looked over and saw the tears in Ice's eyes, stomach sinking, heart clenching, "Tom.." 

"I'm fine," Ice rubbed his eyes and made to stand up.

"no, you're not," Mav got up and hugged him, "I know what it's like to have a shitty home life, but Slider's right. We are a family now," 

"not to mention, my mother has called you her children, so," Slider stood up and hugged them both, "now you have a mother and a father who love you both very much." 

Ice broke and started softly crying into Mav and Slider's shoulders, letting them hug him. After a while, Ice calmed down and sniffed, "it's the fever." 

"Sure, honey," Mav kissed along Ice's shoulder, smiling to himself, "it's the fever." 

"I think it's time we all went to bed," Slider rubbed Ice's side, "you need to sleep off this fever." 

Ice nodded, slowly moving away, only for the boys to pull him back in.

"who said anything about letting go," Slider and Mav both laughed, before Mav continued, "we will shuffle to bed." 

"That's ridiculous," yet Ice smiled nonetheless.

"hey, that's more than two syllables," Mav kissed Ice's cheek, "feeling better already?" 

"Mom's soup will do that," Slider kissed Ice's head, "it's the 'made with love' part." 

"ah," Mav smirked, "that's what we've been missing all these years." 

Slider rolled his eyes, but kissed both of their heads, "come on, time for bed." 

They made it to the bed eventually, the shuffling process making it a lot harder to actually move efficiently, but they were all laughing by the time they landed, which made it worth it. The three of them crawled into bed, Slider being the big spoon, Ice in the middle, and Mav letting Ice wrap his arms around him and bring him close. Mav kissed Ice's forehead and moved so Ice's face was in Mav's chest, hoping that hearing his heartbeat would held him sleep and calm down. It was a technique they perfected for getting Ice to relax: Full weight on his back so that he was covered and safe, with something in the front for him to hold onto for grounding. The heartbeat thing was just an extra, something soothing to 'count sheep' to. They both knew Ice was passed out hard when Mav saw a little bit of drool on his shirt. He didn't mind in the slightest; Ice needed it. 

It wasn't long before Mav and Slider were out too, Slider's snores drowning out any bad thoughts; leading to the best sleep either of them have had in a long time. 

Edited by RemedyBane

That was really sweet! 😍

This installment really played on my heartstrings! Then taking care of ice while he stresses about making admiral was so sweet and painful but luckily ice will always have his two boyfriends there to look after him. Well done once again! These stories definitely give me the rush of serotonin I’m looking for and still continue to make my week whenever I see that you’ve updated! You’re amazing!! :notworthy:

10 hours ago, MyOwnPrivateSFC said:

That was really sweet! 😍

I'm so glad you liked it :) XO

3 hours ago, Mygyn said:

I love how Sliders Mom made them soup! I also loved that Mav and Slider are so supportive of ice! 

Slider's mom is the real MVP! We support a supportive household! Thank you for reading/commenting! XO

51 minutes ago, Wolfwings22 said:

This installment really played on my heartstrings! Then taking care of ice while he stresses about making admiral was so sweet and painful but luckily ice will always have his two boyfriends there to look after him. Well done once again! These stories definitely give me the rush of serotonin I’m looking for and still continue to make my week whenever I see that you’ve updated! You’re amazing!! :notworthy:

I would apologize for playing on your heartstrings, but alas, I must not tell a lie. Thank you for your kind words XO

This was a request from AO3: "I know you have tons of requests, so there's absolutely no pressure, but I'd love to see Ice being sick and sneezy with a broken arm, so he can't stifle properly. Mav ends up cuddling with him and he stifles into Mav's chest while the latter comforts him. That idea alone makes my heart squeal!!"

Broken Wing

Ice had dislocated his shoulder after having to eject when their engine blew, and landed hard on the ground. He had a few cuts and bruises too, but thankfully he would make a full recovery after some TLC. SLider was somehow unhurt besides a few bruises, and had picked up a semi-conscious Ice to move to a clearing so EVAC could find them easier. Slider had been certain Ice was concussed, but he was merely dazed and the pain he was in wasn't helping. 

Now they were both home and on bedrest. Ice and Slider both had nightmares for a few days about the crash, waking up in a cold sweat, while poor Pete had to try to calm them down. It wasn't Ice's fault in the slightest, even thought he'd tell you the opposite. Their wingman, not maverick, had decided to abandon them, leaving them open from behind, where an enemy aircraft shot down their engine, with shockingly perfect accuracy. They were both lucky it didn't explode.

Mav was worried that Slider and Ice would distance themselves from each other, but the opposite was true. Ice kept apologizing to Slider, who just hugged him and kissed him relentless, whispering that it wasn't his fault.  

It took a few days before they both calmed down and slept soundly through the night. Ice's shoulder was giving him so much pain, that even trying to sit up caused him to wince and bite back a moan. Slider was getting antsy and decided to go grocery shopping. Ice offered to come with but Slider just kissed the top of his head and reminded him that he could barely stand without being in pain. 

He had been gone only 15 minutes before Ice was up and walking around, planning on making himself some tea. It was too late for coffee in his mind, and tea would help him stay calm. Unfortunately, his sinuses had other ideas and he quickly pressed on his bad shoulder, hoping to stop it from moving as he sneezed, "ngt'chiew-ng'tchiew..ah.." He winced pressed harder,  "entchiew!-etschiew!-eschiew!- ow." he leaned against the counter and closed his eyes as pain went through his shoulder like he had been stabbed. 

"what happened?" Mav came into the kitchen and saw his face.

"Nothing," Ice stood back up, pretending he wasn't in pain and went back to making tea.

"Did you hit your shoulder?" Mav moved past him and got out some Ice packs, "Did you take your pain killers?" 

Ice shook his head and swallowed thickly, "They can be addictive-"

"if you take 30 a day, maybe," Mav frowned and positioned the Ice pack over his shoulder, getting some medical tape and securing it, "babe, you're not going to get addicted."

"I don't want to risk it," He sniffed and scrunched his nose up.

"will you at least take some ibuprofen?" Mav put a hand on his hip, frowning when Ice completely turned away and put pressure on his bad shoulder, "What are you doing-?" 

"Etschiew!" Ice groaned, putting more pressure on his shoulder, "Etschiew-echiew-echiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew!" 

Mav watched as his shoulder moved with every sneeze and he felt his heart sink into his stomach, "oh." 

"oh?" Ice sniffed and pressed the ice more into his shoulder.

"That's why you were in pain earlier," Mav took his good hand and pulled him towards the couch.

"Where are you taking me?" Ice scrunched his nose up, holding back another sneeze.

"Trust me," he laid down on the couch and pulled Ice down on top of him, wrapping his arms around his waist and kissed his itchy nose.

"What are yo'hh'u-" 

Mav kissed the ball of Ice's nose before he could finish his question, then forced Ice's head down into his shoulder, while Mav rubbed his back, forcing Ice to sneeze into him.

"Hengxt-engxt-ingxt-ingxt-ingxt'huh," Ice coughed a little before looking back up at Mav, "why?" 

"your shoulder didn't hurt that time, did it?" Mav rubbed his back as he saw him shake his head, "good. We are going to stay like this until your allergies calm down, and you can just sneeze without hurting your shoulder." 

"Mav-"

"no buts," Mav squeezed Ice's ass, "I love you, you're adorable, just relax." 

"fine," Ice buried his face into Mav's neck and closed his eyes, hoping he could just fall asleep without having to deal with this display. Of course, he had no such luck and ended trying to stifle into his neck, "Engxt-egnxt-egnxt-egnxt-ignxt-ignxt-ignxt'huh." 

"Stop stifling," Mav tried to massage a knot out of Ice's back, "you're too tense." 

"I don't want to sneeze on you," Ice whispered, embarrassed.

"I don't mind," Mav kissed his forehead, "I've been trying to get you to let me help you for days. Let me do this." 

"it's gross-" 

"i'll shower," Mav ran a finger down Ice's nose, "not that I find you gross in the slightest." 

The finger triggered another fit, and this time he gave in, wanting the relief but also giving his shoulder a break, "tschiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chew." 

"that's funny," Mav shushed Ice's question with another kiss on his forehead, "you've been having big sneezes all day, but now that you're relaxed, you're getting your cute little fits again."

"i'm not holding it back anymore," He sniffed a little thickly, "been trying not to sneeze all day."

"because it hurts?" 

"yeah," Ice coughed with his mouth closed, "we don't have any allergy meds." 

"of course we're out when you need it the most," Mav pouted and ran his fingers through Ice's hair, "Is that why you're nose is so pink? You've been trying to stop sneezing by rubbing your nose raw?" 

"....maybe?" 

"why didn't you say something? Slider could grab some at the store." 

"Didn't want to ask," Ice sniffed again.

"He's not mad at you," The crease in Mav's forehead was getting larger by the second.

"I dnow." 

"You're punishing yourself, aren't you?" 

Ice stayed quiet.

"babe, we've talked about this," He began to rub Ice's back again, "this isn't healthy." 

"it's just allergies-"

"i'm not talking about that," he sighed and kissed his head again, something he just did as a silent apology, "you can't torture yourself because you think you did something wrong. No one else thinks you did anything wrong." 

"Slider could have died-"

"So could you!" Mav held him tighter as he felt Ice started to hitch again.

"Uht'chiew-uh'schiew-schiew-schiew-chiew!" 

"stop trying to stifle, you're in enough pain already." 

"can't help it," Ice winced at the thick sniffle, "habit." 

"A habit we shall break," Mav took a tissue from the nightstand and rubbed Ice's nose, "please, take some ibuprofen? for me?" 

"Fihih...fine," Ice ducked back into Mav's neck, "Ektschiew-ektschiew-tschiew-txchiew-txchew" he tried to sit up, only to wince in pain and fall back down.

"hey no," Mav held him tight again, "What's wrong?" 

"nghn," Ice groaned, ears and neck turning red from embrassment.

"you could just say that," He knew what that meant and grabbed a few tissues before bringing them to Ice's nose, urging him to blow. It took a few seconds, but Ice relented and let him help, "better?" 

"uhuh," he sighed and closed his eyes again, "Can you text Sli?" 

"Yeah, baby," Mav pulled out his phone and texted Slider to get more medicine, "ready for some pain meds?" 

"baybe the prescription ones?" 

"Aww, you're getting congested," Mav pouted and kissed under his eye, then his forehead, attempting to his his sinuses, "I'll grab your meds, and then we can take a hot, steamy, shower to help with that?" 

Ice just nodded.

"Good," Mav slowly sat up and Ice, making sure not to mess with his shoulder, "last thing you need is a sinus infection." 

Ice nodded and pressed down on his sinuses, "would be just by luck." 

Mav helped him up and frowned when Ice got a far away look in his eyes, "come here," Mav pulled him down so that he could sneeze into his neck again.

"Itsxchiew!" Mav could really feel the spray this time, frowning at how awful Ice sounded, "itdsxchiew-itdsch-itdxch-itdsxchiew-xchiew-xchiew!" 

"Bless you," Mav kissed his cheek then his nose, kissing it again when it twitched.

"Idxch-idsch-idsch-idschiii," his nose was running down his upper lip and tried to grab some tissues, only to upset his shoulder and stop in his tracks.

"here," Mav took a bunch of tissues and wiped the underside of his nose, before folding it and helping Ice blow, "Shower, or bath?" 

Ice looked everywhere but Mav's face, "bath." 

Mav kissed his lips, "ok."

7 hours ago, Loverofreading said:

Awww, I love that ice is finally starting to let Mav help him out!

I'm glad you like it. I swear he's not left out XOXO

6 hours ago, Mygyn said:

I think this is one of my favourite updates love how sweet Mav was with Ice!

Oh, I"m so glad you think so! That means so much to me, thank you XOXO

Request from AO3: "I am in love with this series!!! I would love to see more Iceman angst, maybe even something to do with a flashback with his abusive father? Or even his Slider first found out about it."

I didn't go quite as this request asks, but I did what came to me.

Advancement and Asphyxiation

Ice was having a rather good day, sneaking 15 minutes breaks to throw Maverick into a supply closet and kiss him silly, even sometimes doing more. When he could find Slider, he'd do the same, and they were all in this bliss for most of the day. Of course, they all did what they needed to do for work. They were going to find out if Ice becomes an admiral soon, and they were just excited. Which was strange. Ice figured he'd be a nervous wreck all day, but instead, he was just happy to be considered. There was no limit to how many times one could be considered, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if he wasn't chosen now. He was young.

Everything stopped suddenly when he saw his father standing by his desk. He felt like he couldn't breathe, and he had to look away so he didn't pass out. He really wished Slider had telepathy, so he could send SOS over and over, but alas, this was not some sci-fi movie Mav liked to much. Instead, he straightened his collar and walked into his office.

"Father," Ice nodded in greeting, trying to show the respect he knew the older man demanded from him, "how are you?" 

"Pissed," The dad walked closer and shut the door, closing the blinds, "Why didn't you tell me you were about to rank over your old man?" 

"It is not certain, I did not want to give false information," Ice set his face and tried not to panic at how isolated they suddenly were. 

"didn't want to give false information, huh?" His father chuckled deeply before turning, smiling, "you got it, kid" 

"Excuse me?" 

"You're an admiral now," He walked over and hugged him, confusing the fuck out of Ice, but he returned it non the less, "an admiral, jeez." 

"you are happy?" Ice tried not to sound ungrateful.

"Happy?" It was then that Ice felt the change in the hug, feeling crushing, "You expect me to be happy for you?

"no.. of course not, I didn't mean-" Ice gasped when he was thrown against the way, "i'm sorry-" 

"Big tough admiral, still apologizing," He put his forearm against Ice's throat and pushed hard, "you think you're better than me, don't you?" 

"No~" Ice choked out, hands grasping at his father's arm, trying to take a breathe, "I would never~" 

HIs father let him go onto to grab his neck with his hands and hit him against the wall so hard, Ice saw stars, "I'm so tired of your fucking voice." 

Ice was gasping for air, clawing at his dad's hands, trying to kick at his dad's knee, before landing one, forcing his father to let go as he went down, "RON!" 

His father got back up, punched him in the face, and slammed him back against the wall, hitting his head again; making Ice blackout, going limp in his father's hands, still squeezing the life out of his neck. 

Suddenly the door was broken and the wood flew across the office, Ron Kerner aka Slider burst through the door and grabbed Kazansky senior, throwing him off of Ice, who just crumbled to the floor, "PETE! GET ICE!" 

Maverick sprinted to Ice just able to cushion his fall, as he dead dropped, still unconscious and, to Mav's horror, not breathing, "CALL A MEDIC!" Mav put Ice on the floor and started CPR.

Slider had tears in his eyes as he beat the shit out of Ice's father. The first punch was enough to knock the man down, but Slider just picked him up and threw him against the window, punching him over and over again until his hand accidentally missed and went through the window. Using the opportunity, he threw senior out of the window and watched him fall, feeling nothing but relief that he couldn't hurt Ice anymore.

Suddenly Ice was coughing and being sat up by Mav and a medic, who was putting an oxygen mask on his face.

Slider was brought back to reality and ran to Ice, "Tom! Can you hear me?" 

Ice didn't even seem to recognize where he was or who was with him; the medic mentioning a concussion and a semi-dream state from asphyxia. Their superior officer came in and started yelling at the medics to bring Ice to the hospital. 

"You!" The 2 star admiral came closer, "who did this?" 

"His father, sir," Slider set his jaw, trying not to show his emotion.

"and where is he?" 

Slider just pointed to the window, watching as the admiral walked over and grunted, "I accept whatever punishment you see fit, sir." 

"Self defense, and defense of the vulnerable," The admiral came closer and put a hand on Slider's shoulder, "go to the hospital, get your hands looked at. Be with your.. pilot," he gave him a look saying he knew damn well that it was more than that, but for the sake of possible listening ears, he used their military relationship. 

"Yes, sir. Thank you, sir," Slider nodded and ran after the ambulance with Maverick, riding with Ice. 

--------------------------------------------

When Ice woke up in the hospital, he touched his neck, feeling bandages on it, tears coming to his eyes.

"You're safe now, Ice," Mav was sitting close to the bed but not touching him, afraid he'd flinch from being touched, "your father.. he's in a coma." 

Ice looked confused and searched the room, clearly unable to focus enough to really see what he was looking for.

"Slider is getting stitched up," Mav moved so Ice could see him again, "He got into a fight with your dad-" He saw the panic, "don't worry, Slider is fine. He won, your dad didn't stand a chance." 

Ice nodded and started coughing, throat feeling tight as the panic set in again.

"Can I-" Mav was surprised when Ice pulled him in and hugged him tighter than he should have been able to with all the morphine going through his system, "I've got you." 

Slider came in with a bandaged hand, "Tom.. I'm so sorry-" he had tears in his eyes, unable to look at Ice, "I should have been there.. I should have held back my punches, I don't know what I was thinking, I was just so scared. You were unconscious and not breathing-" 

Slider hadn't realized Ice had gotten out of bed, taken his IV out, until he was suddenly being hugged tightly, "I love you." 

Slider lost it just then and held him close, crying into his shoulder, "I thought I lost you." 

"still... here," Ice could barely speak, needing to cough right after, making Slider come back to his senses.

"You need to rest," He saw Ice shake his head and took Ice's face in his hands, "we are never leaving you again," he looked at Mav who grunted in agreement, "God, I was so scared." 

"Me too," He put his hands over Slider's and smiled, "kiss me." 

"what?" Slider's voice was soft and broken, still shaking from earlier, "are you sure?" 

"Kiss the damsel in distress before I do," Mav came closer and held Ice from behind. 

"Yes, sir," Slider whispered before pulling Ice in and kissing him, thumbing moving over Ice's cheekbones. Everytime he kissed Ice, it was like fireworks were going off in his head, but this time, it was so much more. It was the feeling of finally getting warm after being cold your whole life, like a fire was finally lit in his frozen heart, and he wanted to chase that feeling forever. 

The feeling had to end as Ice started to dip, clearly feelign dizzy again, and unable to stay balanced, "i've got you." 

"always do," Ice kissed Slider's cheek before allowing him to pick him up and carry him back to bed.

Mav hopped into bed and wrapped an arm around Ice's shoulders, "you've got a pretty nasty bump back there."

"definitely staying him for a week, maybe two," Slider moved in beside them and kissed Ice's forehead, "Doctor says you need to be here overnight, to make sure the concussion isn't worse than it is." 

"stay?" Ice held both of their hands tightly.

"We aren't going anywhere," Mav kissed Ice's shoulder, "We are the protection squad." 

"you said..coma," Ice rubbed his throat, clearing it slightly.

"we did," Slider wrapped an arm around his waist, "but that man is a cockroach. He'd survive a nuclear bomb just to spite god." 

"excuse me," Mav look offended, "I thought that was me? He's more like satan's pet cockroach." 

"don't compare yourself to a bug," Ice made a grossed out face, "I"m not kissing a bug."

"ok, baby," Mav kissed his hand, "I think we need to call a nurse to get that IV back in." 

"I still can't believe you pulled it out," Slider shivered, "that hurt me thinking about it." 

Ice just closed his eyes and cuddled into Slider, "want you." 

"I want you too," Slider pulled both Ice and Mav closer, "you have us, ok? The navy is pressing charges if he ever wakes up." 

Ice looked scared, but Mav piped it, "you don't need to testify. The doctor's testimony alone is gonna get that man executed." 

Ice relaxed again and pulled Mav's arms back around him, "don't let go.

"I would never dream of such a thing," Mav cuddled him and made sure to put some pressure so Ice knew he was there, "we've got you, honey." 

"got.. me," Ice was falling asleep quickly, making both of them frown, hoping it was the medicine kicking in from earlier, but still could have been a fainting spell. 

"He will never hurt him again," Slider stared at the door, "There won't be a next time." 

"I know," Mav squeezed Slider's hand, "If there's a god out there, he won't wake up. There won't be a next time." 

Slider's eyes narrowed, "i'll kill him." 

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Mav started to rub his arm, "hey, it's not going to come to that. This is the last time. trust me."

"It better be," Slider moved down to allow Ice to lay his head on his chest, "I won't allow it." 

Both of these stories were so amazing that I took a break from work and went in the back and read them just because they were so incredible and I just couldn’t wait! The way that Ice sneezes into Maverick’s chest and Maverick takes care of his nose for him has got to be one of my new favorite things! And in the second one how Ice and Slider take care of Ice because of his bastard of a father it made me want to fight Ice’s dad too. Once gain these are literally my absolutely Favorite things that tend to get me through work more often than not. One billion outta ten! :thumbsupsmiley:

Request: 

"on another note, i have a prompt request. ice is sick and having a hard time sleeping because of it. he’s exhausted but just can’t seem to fall asleep, and he’s miserable because of that. so mav and slider feel awful, knowing how tired he is, and they try everything they can to lull ice to sleep. maybe cuddling and watching a movie, a massage, a drive with one of them cuddling him in the back, and even resorting to trying to fuck him out enough to fall asleep (all of this with ice’s consent of course!!) until something finally works. once ice is finally asleep, mav and slider are relieved and also exhausted themselves from all of their efforts 😄

- erica 💙💫"

On 8/16/2022 at 11:06 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

Both of these stories were so amazing that I took a break from work and went in the back and read them just because they were so incredible and I just couldn’t wait! The way that Ice sneezes into Maverick’s chest and Maverick takes care of his nose for him has got to be one of my new favorite things! And in the second one how Ice and Slider take care of Ice because of his bastard of a father it made me want to fight Ice’s dad too. Once gain these are literally my absolutely Favorite things that tend to get me through work more often than not. One billion outta ten! :thumbsupsmiley:

Thank you so very much! XOXOXOO

On 8/17/2022 at 1:40 AM, Mygyn said:

We finally got to see Ices Dad and I love how Slider stood up for Ice 10/10!

Aw thank you! XOXOXOO

(use your imagination that Ice sounds congested. I've seen that a lot of people have trouble with reading it, so i'm just gonna leave it out for now)

Sleeping Beauty

Ice hadn't slept in almost three days. He tried to pretend that everything was alright, as to not worry his loves any more than he was already. He had gotten a nasty sinus infection and no matter what he did he couldn't sleep. He tried to prop himself up on pillows to ease the pressure in his head, but that barely eased the pain. He tried sinus rinses, took his medicine, steamy showers/baths, even letting Mav massage his sinuses; yet nothing was helping. 

He knew they figured it out when big purple bruises appeared under his eyes, and he couldn't really focus on anything. He was trying to make them dinner, but spaced out and burnt it. Slider had to move the pan as it was smoking.

"Woah," Slider was calm, turning everything off and moving the pan to a colder spot, "Ok, back to bed." 

"You.. need to eat," Ice shook his head and rubbed his face.

"You can barely see straight," Slider pulled Ice close and held him, "why didn't you tell us you couldn't sleep?" 

"You need sleep too," Ice sniffed and cleared his throat, "i'll sleep eventually." 

"We can help you," Slider rubbed his back, "how about you go take a shower, Mav and I will survive on cereal, and when you come out we can try some stuff?" 

Ice wasn't really sure what else he could try, but relented and went to go take a very steamy shower. Instead of clearing him out, he just felt dizzy from being overheated and turned off the shower, taking his time to cool off before putting on clothes and finding Slider. 

"Shower didn't help, huh?" Slider knew the second he saw Ice's face, "maybe when we get all comfy on the couch, put on a movie you've seen before, you'll fall asleep." 

"Sure," he pulled his sleeves over his hands and rubbed his itchy nose, blushing when Mav came over and wrapped a blanket around his shoulders.

"We'll figure it out," Mav kissed his cheek before bringing him to the couch, "How about a disney movie? The music is really soothing." 

Slider sat down and pulled Ice on top of him, running his fingers through his hair, hoping to lull him to sleep, "how about Sleeping Beauty." 

That got a soft chuckle out of Ice, "sure." 

"Sleeping Beauty for our un-sleeping beauty," Mav kissed Ice's hand, "Just try to relax." 

Ice nodded, stifling a yawn in his fist before cuddling up to Slider, closing his eyes. He could hear the movie, but instead of the movie fading, it was still just as loud to him as if he were watching it actively. The movie had just ended, Maverick's foot massage had ended, and Ice was still awake. He opened his eyes, frustrated with how he couldn't get comfortable, or actually sleep. It was strange, his mind wasn't racing, he had nothing to think about or worry over. He wasn't stressed, or angry, or anxious. He was just sick and tired. He looked around and saw that Maverick was asleep, mouth open, some drool coming out of the side of his mouth. He didn't have to look at Slider to know he was asleep. His snoring wasn't super loud, but he was laying on his chest, and could feel it. 

Ice had no intention of waking them up, but his sinuses tingled and he knew he was about to sneeze. He tried to muffle the sneezes as best he could, into his shirt sleeve, knowing that if he tried to stifle, he'd be in a lot of pain, "Tdsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tschiii!" 

Slider stirred and rubbed Ice's back, "sleep?" 

"no," Ice scrunched his nose up, "go back to sleep, i'm ok." 

Slider rubbed his face and kicked Mav, "Pete, Wake up." 

Mav fell to the side before popping up, "I'm awake!" 

"Ice didn't sleep at all," Slider began kissing Ice's face, "it's ok. Plan B." 

"What's plan B?" Ice sniffed and rubbed his nose, sitting up.

"We could try warm milk and a drive?" Mav shrugged, "it's what Carol does for Bradley when he needs a nap." 

"I'll drive," Slider slowly got up, after Ice stood up, "God knows no one will sleep with your driving, Pete." 

"I can go slow," Mav pouted, but relented and went to go warm up some milk.

"Warm milk?" Ice made a face, "that sounds terrible."

"your parents never did that trick-?" Mav realized who he was talking to and made a face, "right.. yeah.." 

"Can't hurt to try," Ice rubbed his face, sniffling, "thank you." 

"No problem, babe," Mav came back with the warm milk and kissed Ice, "We should bring a blanket, you're shivering."

Slider wrapped an arm around Ice and walked with him towards the car, helping him inside and buckling him in the back seat, "I'll sit back here with you." 

"Ok," Ice smiled slightly when Slider got in and leaned into him, "thank you." 

"alrighty then," Mav started the car and turned off the music, "lets try a few times around the neighborhood, and see how you feel." 

"Sounds great," Ice nodded, yawning, and closing his eyes, resting against Slider's arm. 

They drove four times around the neighborhood, going so slowly Mav was actually worried someone would call the police for robbers casing the place.  Thankfully, that did not happen, and when Mav looked back, Slider was the one asleep and not Ice. While Ice's eyes were closed, Mav could see how tense he was, and could tell by his breathing that he was still very much awake.

"no good?" Mav whispered, watching Ice open his eyes, frowning, "that's ok. Plan C." 

Mav's voice was a little louder that time, startling Slider away, "C.. plan C." 

Mav laughed, "morning sleepy." 

"i'm awake," Slider rubbed his face, "ok.. what's plan C?" 

"we could try reading? turning the lights down low and lowering the temperature." 

"That's his happy place," Slider sighed and rubbed Ice's back, silently letting him know it wasn't his fault.

"I would suggest reading the Navy Handbook, but yeah.. he'd like that." Mav sighed before suggesting, "Well.. we could always tire him out," mav wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. 

"sex?" Slider raised a brow, "That's your plan C?" 

"C for cum, makes perfect sense," Mav grinned, "if you don't want to do a lot of work, you could give him a blow job and i'll get behind this time?" 

"fine," Slider kissed Ice's shoulder, "you ok with this?" 

"I'll try anything," Ice ducked into his elbow, "Etsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tschii!" 

"ok, i'm horny, lets go," Slider got out of the car and went to the opposite door to help Ice out, giving him a kiss before opening the front door.

Ice barely knew what was happening, but was suddenly on the bed, completely naked and a very hungry Slider kissing and licking down his body. Slider was always into foreplay before giving a BJ. It really got Ice in the mood, much preferring Slider's BJ to Mav's but he wasn't complaining either way. Mav came up behind him and helped him sit up before moving into him. the bliss he felt made him forget about his sinus infection and he could breathe normally for a little while. 

They all took their sweet time, teasing Ice, not letting him climax for a while, wanting it to be as satisfying as it could be, wanting him to scream. They were all so tired when it was finish, that Mav, Slider, and Ice all fell onto the bed, not bothering to clean up. The two of them feel straight asleep, a smile on their face, as Ice breathed heavily, coming down off of his high, but not falling asleep. But this time, he wasn't upset about being awake. He was basking in the afterglow, closing his eyes, focusing on that feeling. Before he knew it, he was fast asleep. 

In the morning, when Mav and Slider woke up, they silently high fived when Ice was fast asleep in bed, good color returning to his face. They were still so exhausted that they both decided to have some breakfast before coming back to bed and cuddle Ice until he woke up. They all were still asleep until the clock struck noon. 

"Good morning," Ice whispered, kissing Mav's face.

"feeling better?" Mav kissed him back, smiling as Ice sounded a lot less congested than yesterday.

"Much," He sniffed and scrunched his nose up, "but still sick." 

"yeah," Mav kissed his forehead, "but you're sleeping again. I'll take that win." 

"yeah, just gotta fuck you first," Slider kissed along Ice's freckled shoulders, "god.. you're so hot." 

"hot like he has a fever? or are you horny again?" Mav touched Ice's forehead.

"horny," Slider moved so that his bulge was right up against Ice's butt, "you do need all the rest you can get." 

"It worked before," Mav sat up, "worth another test." 

Ice smiled, "can't hurt to try." 

Edited by RemedyBane
2 hours ago, Mygyn said:

🥰 I love how well you write Ice Mav and Slider! thanks for the update! 

THank you for reading and commenting! happy to post XOXO

*Mentions of self harm and abuse!

Not Enough

Ice was having a bad day. He knew he was reaching a tipping point and he just wanted to leave for the day, tell everyone he wasn't feeling well or there was an emergency at home; anything that would get him out of this office. Maverick had crashed another aircraft, and everyone was sending him angry emails, barging into his office, demanding things from him like he was Mav's handler. LIke he could control Mav's very actions daily. Like they were the same person. While he would never wish this kind of heat on Maverick, or anyone, he was just so tired. 

He told himself that he loved this job; and any other day, he did. He loved the navy, he loved planes, and he loved Maverick. He loved him so much, but there was only so much he could take before be shatters. It's felt like today he's a glass mirror painted to look like cement, and every just kept punching. He couldn't show the cracks, how close he was to shattering on the ground, needing someone else to pick up the pieces before someone got hurt.

His problem, was that the person who would pick up those pieces, is the reason he's getting hit in the first place. It made him feel so guilty to be angry with Maverick. Ice never talked about his feelings, especially how he felt with maverick's disobedience. He loved the way Maverick was. He cared so much about people that he damned the consequences. How could he ever be mad at him for that? For caring?

The headache that had been steadily forming was now making it painful to be in the light; turning off his office light and closing the shades, he sat in darkness. He tried to keep the intrusive thoughts out of his head, but all he could hear was the voice in his head telling him that he was a monster. How could he be so comfortable with the missions he signs off on, where he knows people might not come back. Why was he not willing to ruin himself to help others, like Maverick. The pain in his head was starting to make it very hard to focus on anything else. 

He was so distracted that he hadn't noticed someone opened his door.

"Sir?" It was another admiral, below him, but an admiral nonetheless, "are you alright?" 

Ice straightened up and took a breathe, "Fine. What can I help you with?" 

The admiral turned on the light and pretended not to see Ice wince, "I was told you'd want to see this." 

Ice nodded and took the file, instantly seeing Maverick's name on it and wanted to throw up. 

"Are you alright?" The admiral came closer and leaned down, "do you need a medic?" 

"no," Ice shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose, "just a headache," he sighed and pointed to the name, "a recurring one." 

"I understand," the admiral smiled a bit, "but he is a damn good pilot." 

"yes," Ice nodded before gesturing for him to leave, "that he is."

Ice couldn't get himself to stay any longer and just wanted to be alone. He packed his things and told his secretary that he had some business to take care of, touching the file they definitely knew about, before walking to his car. He drove a bit faster than he should have, thanking whatever God was watching over him that he didn't get pulled over. He was certain he would burst into tears right there. When he got home, he was so relieved to see that neither Maverick nor Slider were home. 

Going through the door, he saw that someone had written a grocery list on the counter, and decided to ignore it. He didn't have an appetite. He just wanted to ignore the world and let himself feel for a little bit. Slider and Mav kept pushing him to be more open with his emotions, but it was so hard when people were always around. He was just so overwhelmed, and feeling used by the person who was suppose to love him. Of course, rationally, he knew that wasn't true; but he couldn't help how he felt. He wa sure when he let himself cry, pouring out the emotional bucket he knew was overflowing, he would forgive Maverick and think nothing of it once he was put together. 

Rationally, he knew Maverick wasn't doing anything to spite him. He wasn't thinking about the repercussions. He didn't think about how Ice would be stuck cleaning up his mess. He didn't think of any of that. All Mav was thinking about was protecting someone else from God knows what pain, or intoxicated by the thrill of something. Ice let out a bitter laugh, not realizing he had started crying. It was all a little ironic. Mav gets into trouble for protecting others, but actually ends up putting that pain and suffering on Ice. 

That laugh turned into sobs, and he unconsciously clamped a hand over his mouth, feeling like he wasn't supposed to be crying. It didn't want anyone to hear him, even though there was no one around to hear him. He couldn't take the yelling anymore. The slamming of files on his desk, people slamming his doors, screaming in his face all day.. week.. month.. years. He normally took it all so well, not taking any of it personally, but there comes a time that you just can't handle it anymore. 

He needed a break; a vacation. He knew this, his secretary new this; hell, some admirals have been hinting at it. He really needed... what did Carole call it? Mental Health days? Yeah, it was something like that. He got into the shower, hoping the sound of the water will stop his father's voice creeping in. What really frustrated him was that this had nothing to do with his father. It was just him spiraling into this depressive episode. He didn't really know what that meant, but it felt like the right thing to call it. 

No matter how hard he scrubbed his body, he couldn't get rid of the feeling of his father's hands on him; beating him for any little infraction. He didn't realize he'd been speaking, but he was, "not enough." Salty tears ran down his face, washed away with the shower, "I'm not doing enough.." He had been scrubbing so hard that his skin was getting red. It was especially raw where he had scars from his father. Everytime he touched an scar he remembered exactly what he did to 'deserve' it. 

He wasn't even using the loofa anymore. He had dropped it without realizing and was scratching at it, harsh enough to leave angry red marks. He started with his shoulder, crying as he remembered how his father broke a glass against his back when he threw it, yelling about being an embarrassment after his father had too much to drink. He moved down to his elbow, wincing in pain as he felt where he broke it after his father pushed him down the stairs. This went on for far too long. He had so many scars and breaks that his whole body was red. 

The last thing he did was touch his neck, unaware that he started choking himself. He was s o lost in his own grief and memory that he didn't even notice that it was getting really hard to breathe. He only snapped out of it when a car alarm went off somewhere. He let go and gasped as he coughed harshly towards the floor.

"What am I doing?!" Ice knelt down and let the hot water wash over him, "what am I doing?" 

He slowly got the courage to stand back up, turning off the water and getting out of the shower, staring at himself in the mirror. He could see all of the pain he caused himself and felt so sick he ran to the toilet, throwing up the little food he'd eaten all day. He was shaking by the time he got his stomach under control and found the strength to stand; washing his hands. 

Feeling like he needed to contain himself, he left the bathroom and put on sweatpants and a sweatshirt, hoping the thick fabric would stop him from hurting himself further. He didn't really know what to do, feeling a bit numb; so he just made himself some tea and sat on the couch, staring at the blank tv screen.  He had no idea how long he'd been sitting there, the tea having long been finished, before someone came in through the front door.

"Babe?" It was Slider, "you're home early," he came to the couch and kissed the top of his head.

"Wasn't feeling well," he cleared his throat and put the tea down, "had a migraine." 

"aw no," Slider kissed his forehead, "feeling better now?" 

"Yeah," Ice lied but kissed Slider anyway, "I think i'm going to head to bed early. Can you and Mav find food?" 

"Did you eat?" Slider started kissing along Ice's face, "we can pick up some soup and eat in bed?" 

"I ate," Ice stopped Slider from kissing him before giving him one last kiss on the lips, "I'm just tired." 

"Ok," Slider checked his forehead, glad he didn't feel a fever, "do you want anything?" 

"no," Ice put on a smile and patted Slider's hip, "don't worry. I just want some extra sleep tonight." 

"Whatever you need, baby," Slider let him get past, "I love you." 

"I love you more," Ice closed the bedroom door and crawled into bed. Maybe tomorrow he'd tell Sli and Mav about how he felt; and his little accident in the shower. But right now he didn't have the strength. He just closed his eyes and was relieved that sleep came quick and easy. He knew tomorrow he'd need to find some excuse to not let Mav or Sli take off his clothes, or why he's wearing long sleeves, but that was a tomorrow problem; and darkness took over before he could make a plan.