Sneeze Fetish Forum

Top Gun (Mav x ice)

RemedyBane

Apologizes I’m writing this on my break at work so if it’s a little short that’s why. These two updates broke my heart and yet I loved reading them all the same! I’ve definitely felt the same way before as ice did in this last update and to read about it made my heart ache for him. Such beautiful instances of detail in your writing and I loved how slider does everything he can to make ice feel better and also realize that sometimes ice just needs a break and that’s okay. Amazing as always!  

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RemedyBane

• Mygyn

• Wolfwings22

• Loverofreading

9 hours ago, Mygyn said:

Ohh! Two updates 🥰 this one was so sad with the self harm aspects. I really hope ice tells Mav and Slider

I'm writing a part 2 right now (which you'll see below lol) Glad you enjoyed them (even though it was big sad hours.) 

7 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

Apologizes I’m writing this on my break at work so if it’s a little short that’s why. These two updates broke my heart and yet I loved reading them all the same! I’ve definitely felt the same way before as ice did in this last update and to read about it made my heart ache for him. Such beautiful instances of detail in your writing and I loved how slider does everything he can to make ice feel better and also realize that sometimes ice just needs a break and that’s okay. Amazing as always!  

....short? SHORT? Girl please haahah This is a paragraph filled with love! Don't worry about apologizing to me. I'm just grateful you continue to read and send me all of this love!  XOXOXOXO I am really sorry someone made you feel the way Ice does RN. No one deserves to feel that way. I hope you're having a good day today. 

Never Enough Part 2  (Do y'all want a part 3? if so? what?

Ice woke up, feeling the weight of both of his loves in bed with him, each touching him in some way. Slider had intertwined one of his legs with Ice's, somehow still lying on his back, snoring like a freight train, and mav was cuddling him from behind, like he always down, wanting to be the big spoon.  Usually this made him feel all loved and happy, but today, he just felt nothing. Slowly untangling himself, he gave Maverick a kiss, hoping to keep him asleep.

"too early," mav whispered, opening an eye to look at Ice.

"Go back to sleep," Ice kissed his lips, "I'll wake you for breakfast later, ok?" 

Mav nodded and turned back into the pillow, falling asleep instantly. 

Ice grabbed some clothes and got dressed in the bathroom, putting on sweats and grabbing his headphones, planning on going for a run. He needed to feel something. He looked up at the ceiling, silently praying that this would work and he'd be back to his normal self when he got back. The last thing he wanted was for Mav or Sli to realize how down he was. He made sure to take some allergy meds before taking off, not bothering to stretch before hand. He was usually a stickler for it, not wanting to get a cramp or hurt himself; but today, he didn't care if he was in pain; he'd push through it. 

He put his headphones on but didn't put on any music. It could have been that he didn't want anyone to try to talk to him, but really, it was so he could block the noise of the world and run through his problems. After about an hour, he decided to take a break and walked along the beach, not surprised that there was barely anyone out this early. The sun had not even come up; most sane people were still tucked into their warm beds. His heart was beating fast in his chest, but the breeze was helping him calm down and cool him down, as he had sufficiently sweat through his clothes. 

Before he really understood his motives, he took off his jacket, phone, shoes and headphones, laying them on the beach, and walking into the water. The salty water burned as it seeped into his cuts, but instead of wincing, he sighed; It felt good. He dived under, staying under the water until his body was begging for oxygen. When he emerged, he felt like he was breathing for the first time in days. Instantly, he started crying, staring off into the distant water, glad there was truly no one there but him. The fire that was in his stomach finally came out and he just started screaming into the void. All the frustration and anxiety and pain he was in, disappearing into the universe. It was cathartic. He screamed until his throat burned and he felt drained. 

For once, he didn't care who heard him, and he just sank back into the water, letting the water submerge him,separating himself from the air he just released his pain into. When he came back up, he just felt exhausted; emotionally, but happy. He smiled a bit as he started nervously laughing. He felt like he just released the python that was constricting his lungs. The tension in his stomach ceased, the migraine he had been fighting since the day before started to abate, and his neck didn't hurt so much. He had finally stopped being so tense; at least for now. 

Feeling a bit better, he got out of the water, grabbed his things and sat on the little stone wall that separates the beach from the road, watching the sunrise. This time, he did put on some music, playing the playlist Slider had made for him back in their academy days. He called it his 'feel better' playlist. It was strange at first. Ice had thought it would be "be happy" songs, but instead it was like Slider was giving him private messages instead. 

The one he decided to play now, the newest addition to Slider's playlist, was "Can't help Falling in Love" cover by Haley Reinhart. It was a beautiful cover, and perfect for the sunrise. As he watched the sunrise, he remember all the little things Slider had done to show him how much he loved him. He smiled as he held his phone, remembering all the little good morning texts Slider sent him when they were away. He still had the little origami flowers Slider had made him when they were on their first ship. Sentimental wasn't his strong suit, but with Slider, it just felt... normal. He couldn't help the tears that fell down his cheek, as he remembered how Slider held him when he felt sick, how he became a barrier between him and his father. Slider had been protecting him all this time, and he couldn't appreciate him more. 

As the sun fully rose, he looked at the water, and how it reflected the sun. The blue/green color made him think of Maverick. The guilt set back in, rationality coming back to his senses, remembering all the things Mav does for him. Without Maverick, Ice would have never let loose and actually have some fun. He was so grounded all the time, without Mav he would never open up the way he has been doing. Of course, Slider taught him how to feel, but Mav forced him into feeling intensely. With Slider he took his time, but Mav was right there, right now, feeling. He let him explode and just speak freely, not thinking anything of the words coming out of his mouth; knowing it was just his emotion talking. He ended up forcing him to let it all out at once, and Gods did Ice need that. Mav forced him to face his problems and talk out his problems. Mav, who gave him massages, and brought treats to him at work when he could. Maverick who kissed every single scar and called them the sexiest thing he'd ever seen. Maverick who would drop anything and everything if Ice needed help. Maverick, who even though Ice had given him no reason to, Loved him with everything he had. 

Ice looking back up at the sky and rubbed his eyes, wiping away the tears and let himself smile, "love them." He told the universe a bunch of times, just repeating, "I love them," until something in his brain clicked, and he unconscious started saying, "they love me." He didn't know when he changed it, but he was suddenly aware of it. He looked back at the ocean, whispering, "they love me." He sniffed and rubbed his face, "They really love me, all of me." He looked down at his scars, and the marks he made yesterday that had healed slowly, "they still love me." 

It felt like the ocean was telling him to go, as a big wave hit the shore, misting the air, giving him the strength to get up, put his clothes back on, and run home. When he opened the door, Maverick and Slider were awake, looking confused.

"You love me," He didn't know what he expected to hear or really why he said it, but they responded as if it was the most normal thing to say ever.

"Yes, yes we do," Slider came over and kissed him.

Mav came closer and hugged him too, giving him kisses, "We love you so much."

"you really love me.. all of me," Ice had tears running down his face again,surprised that neither of them mentioned it, only beginning to kiss his face.

"Every single inch," Mav started kissing him again, "every scar, every bruise, every callus." He took Ice's hands and started to kiss the calluses on his palm.

Ice took a breathe and pulled his hand back, "I did something last night..."

"yeah?" Slider didn't seem surprised, kissing his head, hoping he'd continue.

"I hurt myself.. I didn't mean to-" Ice paused when they just smiled, "you're not upset?" 

"no," Slider kissed his forehead, "can you show us?" 

Ice nodded softly and took off his jacket, "i'm sorry-" 

"no, we're sorry," Mav started kissing his red skin, "we're sorry you're hurting." 

Slider just kissed his lips, smiling, "thank you for telling us." 

"I was scared." 

"I know," Slider kissed him again, "it's ok to be scared. You're still healing. You need time, and we've got the rest of our lives to figure this out." 

"I couldn't take it anymore," Ice's hands were shaking, letting the tears fall as he felt Mav squeeze his hand, "I needed.. a break." 

"a release," Mav came closer and kissed the wound on his shoulder, "it's ok." 

"I didn't know what I was doing." 

"We know," Mav kissed another wound, "you blacked out and you were hurt. It's ok. You're safe." 

"There doesn't seem to be any open wounds," Slider kissed Ice's shoulder, "so nothing to patch up, but would you feel better with some tylenol? maybe some ice?" 

Ice shook his head.

"are you saying no because you want the pain, or are you not in any?" 

"I don't feel it anymore," Ice shrugged, getting the courage to look up at them, "I don't need anything." 

"but do you want anything?" Mav came closer, rubbing his side, frowning at how cold his skin was. 

Ice looked up at the ceiling before sniffing and looking back at them, "you.." 

"You've got us," Slider pulled him in and Mav joined holding Ice as tightly as they dared, letting him cry into them, "you're so brave, so strong. But you don't have to be strong all the time, baby." 

Ice just sobbed harder, holding onto each of them like his life depended on it, "don't let go.." 

"Never," Mav and Slider said in unison.

Mav rubbed Ice's back, "We aren't letting you go, ever." 

4 hours ago, Mygyn said:

Ohhhh!! We got a part 2! 🥰 Glad I’ve realized that he’s loved! 

Yes, and a part 3! Whoohoo. Thanks for reading XOXO

Not Enough Part 3

Once Ice had calmed down, Slider led him to the shower, taking his time to clean the ocean water from his hair, and taking extra care not to irritate his already angry skin when he washed his body. He kissed along his skin every time he felt Ice wince. He kissed away the furrow in Ice's brow, not wanting him to be tense.

"Just breathe," Slider kissed his forehead again, "you'll get dizzy all tense like this." 

Ice pulled Slider closer and rested his head on his chest, "I hate my body." 

"Why?" Slider let his hands wander a little, "you're beautiful." 

"I only see the scars," he shivered a little in memory, "It hurts to look at." 

"Well," Slider moved a bit away to take Ice's face in his hands and look into those beautiful eyes, "when I see those scars, all I see is how strong and badass you are. You survived something no one should ever have to go through; least of all a child." 

"they're ugly." 

"There isn't a single inch of you that is ugly," He ran his fingers over his cheekbones, "and i've kissed every inch of you. So has Mav. Have we ever complained?" 

"...no."

"Because there is nothing to complain about," he tilted his chin up kissing his lips again, "I have never ever loved someone as much as I love you. I have every inch of you etched into my heart. I know every scar, ever curve, every freckle, but every single time I see you, I love you even more. I could look at you forever and never get bored." 

Ice looked confused, "why?" 

"why?" Slider let out a small laugh, finding that question ludacris, "Because.. Because you're everything. You and Mav are my whole world, my whole heart. I could live a hundred lifetimes and never feel as lucky and happy as i am with you." 

"I don't deserve that-"

"Tom," Slider held his face more securely, forcing Ice to look him in the eye, "you deserve to be loved. To be worshiped. To be happy." 

"i'm not enough-" 

"No," Slider frowned, "baby. You are so much more than enough. I don't know how to voice how amazing you are. I wish I had the words to tell you just how much I love you. Just how much I need you. Every time we're separated it's like something breaks inside of me. Like a piece of my heart is missing and I don't feel whole until you come back. When you're hurting, I feel it," he put Ice's hand on his heart, "you hurt, I hurt. I might not know why, but I can just feel when you're not ok. That piece of my heart you have with you, it knows." 

Ice felt tears fall down his cheeks as he felt Slider's heartbeat through his palm, "really?" 

"Yes," Slider was crying too, "You are the love of my life. I'm not myself without you, Tom. I can't live without you." 

"I wouldn't be alive without you," Ice admitted, letting himself cry.

Slider closed his eyes and held Ice's hand to his chest, like if Ice dared to move it he'd fall apart. 

Ice couldn't take it anymore and took Slider's face in his free hand, watching as Slider opened his eyes, before moving closer and kissing him. He couldn't help it; he needed Slider. Not carnially, he didn't want sex, but he wanted to touch, taste, hear, and smell Slider. Their heart beats started to sync as they kissed. They both felt a sort of calm, melting into each other, letting the other's feel settle them like a safety blanket. 

Neither of them wanted to part, but the shower was growing cold and they were both getting overwhelmed and slightly dizzy. When they parted, neither of them could look away from the other's eyes. They didn't want to blink, not wanting the feeling to go away. It took Ice shivering for Slider to snap out of it and turn off the water, grabbing a towel for Ice.

"Ya know," Slider finally spoke, toweling off Ice softly, "we meant what we said earlier. We're never letting you go." 

"I know that now," Ice sniffed and rubbed his face, "I think I just need to take a break, from work." 

"That would be a start," Slider kissed his forehead, "We could go on vacation? or stay here and take a few sick days?" 

"Let's not plan right now," Ice leaned back into Slider's chest, closing his eyes, "I just want to rest."

"We've got the weekend free," Slider kissed the top of his head, "We can do whatever you want. If that's staying in bed, just holding each other, then that's what we'll do ok?" 

Ice nodded, not really sure he could talk without crying again. 

There was a knock on the bathroom door before Maverick walked in, "Well.. You guys didn't have to get all dressed down for me," he wiggled his brows suggestively.

Slider saw the tea in Mav's hand, "did you make Ice tea?" 

"Yeah," Mav came closer and kissed Ice's shoulder, "thought it might make him feel a little better." 

"It might stop the shivering," Slider took the tea from Maverick, giving Mav hands to take Ice in his arms, "you're freezing." 

"Went for a run... and a swim," Ice blushed when Slider raised a brow.

"No wonder you're freezing," Mav kissed his lips, "you chastise us for not wearing jacket, but you go skinny dipping in that cold ass water." 

"I wasn't naked," Ice rolled his eyes fondly, mood lightening.

"you're gonna get sick," Mav kissed his lips again, "come get dressed." 

"You don't believe in that superstition."

"no, but you do," Mav put Ice on the bed, before grabbing the sweats he cleaned and pulled the sweatshirt over Ice's head, "and that's more than enough reason to take care of you." 

"I"m not sick," Ice put on the pants and took the tea from Slider, looking grateful.

"not physically no," Mav wrapped his arms around him again, "but mentally, a little under the weather." 

"Mental or Physical, you deserve some rest, copious amounts of hot tea and soup," Slider joined the hug, "and more affection than you know what to do with." 

"This is a lot of affection," Ice kissed both of them, not making any move to get out of the hug. 

Suddenly Mav was putting something on Ice's face, making Ice blink a bunch, "you're squinting." 

Ice could suddenly see a lot more clearly and sighed, "I didn't notice." 

"You never do," Mav kissed him, "when you get stressed you get a squinty." 

"Stress makes your vision blurry," Slider clarified, "especially with these headaches you've been getting. We should have put them on you sooner." 

"Isn' that my responsibility?"

"Nope," Mav took the tea, finding that it was a little on the colder side, "no more responsibilities. You are on bed rest and in desperate need of cuddles." 

"Is that so, doctor?" Ice looked fondly at Mav.

"yup," he put the cup on the stand and moved to turn down the covers, "I have a PHD in you." 

"oh?" 

"yup," Mav helped Ice in bed and stared kissing his face, "I know every inch of you, all of your little idiosyncrasies, your micro-expressions, and especially," he kissed him before jumping into bed and hugging him again, "how to make you smile." 

Ice was smiling a bit, "how distinguished." 

"I'm very good at what I do," Mav pulled him closer, "I know you've been dealing with my mistakes and the stress of everyone yelling at you all the time has taken it's toll."

Ice sat up quickly, almost certain he hadn't said anything about why he was so upset.

"You didn't have to say anything, I know," Mav took his hands, "You got stressed because of me," he stopped Ice before he could retort, "I know there were probably a bunch of little things that all piled up inside of you, but my mistake was your tipping point. You have every right to be upset with me- I know you're not," he kissed Ice's knuckles, "the least I can do is take care of you." 

"and send an apology email to the admiral you pissed off," Slider chimed in, getting in bed on the other side, "couldn't hurt." 

"I can do that," Mav cuddled closer, "but later. My guy comes first." 

"Maybe when you're less irritated, we can try some lotion to help? I think your skin has been through enough this morning." 

Ice nodded, eyelids already feeling heavy, "I don't want to touch it anymore."

"Good," Mav kissed along his neck, "you deserve some sleep." 

"it's already 9," Ice looked at the clock, fixing his glasses.

"Who cares what the clock says, we are on our own time," Mav pushed Ice down onto the pillows, "your body needs rest. For once, give your body what it really needs? You're gonna make yourself sick like this."

Ice stifled a yawn before nodding, letting Mav take off his glasses, hearing him put it on the nightstand, "stay?" 

"yeah, doll," Slider cuddled him from behind, kissing along the back of his neck, "we've got you." 

Mav laid down, smiling when Ice wrapped his arms around his middle, kissing the top of Ice's head, "we aren't going anywhere, ok?" 

Ice yawned silently as he closed his eyes, letting his exhausted body take control, "ok." 

23 hours ago, Mygyn said:

🥰 I love the update! Seriously your stories make my week!

Thank you so much! I'm so honored! XOXOXOXO

Not Enough Part 4

Ice knew he wasn't ready to go back out into the world, but if he didn't go out, he feared he'd never again. So he got up, put on clothes that made him feel good about his body, yet hid his most recent self harm wounds, before making breakfast. They had spent all of Saturday in bed, and even though he loved being lazy with them and being kissed until he was drunk, he needed to get himself together. He wasn't saying he was cured, of course that would be years and years away, but damn if he was going to let it get the best of him. He was going to enjoy the day with his boyfriends, and if he was feeling better, some PDA. 

He knew he was caught when he felt very strong arms wrap around his waist, making him pause in his cooking and lean back, moaning a bit when he received heavenly kisses along his neck.

"What are you doing out of bed," Slider let his hands wander south, clearly trying to entice him to go back with him.

"I refuse to waste the day by feeling sorry for myself." 

"That's not what you're doing," Slider stopped his attempts and just held him, brow furrowed, "you're taking a very needed mental health day. You're meant to rest and get better. Treat this like you've got the flu," Slider kissed his forehead, "your mind needs just as much rest as the rest of your body." 

Ice took a breathe, "just a quick trip. Something to remind myself I can go outside; i'm just choosing this," he sighed, "That i'm in control." 

Slider understood that sentiment, brow releasing its tension, "one little tiny outing. Nothing outlandish. Maybe a walk in the park. Nothing confined, or forced human interaction." 

"A walk in the park sounds wonderful," Ice turned and kissed Slider, "Thank you." 

"Don't thank me yet," Slider frowned, "I hate this plan, but i'd do anything for you." 

"Even wake up Maverick for breakfast?" Ice kissed Slider's nose, watching as Slider smiled.

"I'll get him," Slider turned Ice's chin upward and kissed his lips before going to do his task.

-----------------------------

Slider hated this; he hated this more than he hated early morning shifts without coffee. He was not in a good mood. Of course, he put on a smile and took Ice's hand, worrying that if he let go, Ice would run away or crumble. His heart was full of paranoia, looking around every corner, behind every bush, and up in every tree, for anyone who would comment on Ice. Ice was wearing sleeves when most people wore tank tops. Logically, he knew no one would assume the worst, but it didn't help the knot in his stomach. 

"Would you relax," Mav raised a brow at Sli, "You look like a meerkat." 

Slider was caught of guard and looked at Mav dumbfounded, "how do you know what a meerkat is?"

"I know things," He smiled before grabbing Ice's arm, "Goose liked to watch Animal Planet." 

"That's sweet," Ice kissed Maverick's temple, "you watched it with him?" 

"Yup," Mav nodded, "him, Carole, and Bradley." 

"Sounds nice," Ice smiled a bit, seemingly at ease, not having run into many people, besides a few joggers who paid them no mind; clearly in another world with their headphones. 

Slider calmed down, seeing Ice so at ease, "Sorry, i'll try to relax." 

"Good," Ice let go of Slider's hand as he ducked into that elbow, "Ent'chew-ent'chew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chew." 

"bless you," Slider took his hand back when he was done, heart starting to race, "ok?" 

Ice nodded, scrunching his nose up, "Grass." 

"Figured," Mav kissed his shoulder, "That or the superstition really is true." 

"I don't have a cold," Ice fondly rolled his eyes before changing the path they were on. 

"Where are we going?" 

"I don't know," Ice took a breathe, keeping himself calm, "an adventure." 

"Are you deviating from the path? Without a plan?" Mav faked being shocked, "That is not the Iceman I know-" Ice gave him a soft glare, "but love so very dearly." 

"You have nothing to prove," Slider followed anyway.

"Who says I'm trying to prove something? I just want to go this way." 

Slider had a sense of deja-vu but couldn't place it. He knew this path, but it wasn't clicking. 

After a few minutes of walking, Slider started to feel like he knew exactly where they were headed. He couldn't tell you the destination, but he knew exactly how to get there. It was odd. Like remembering the path to school, because your parents always took the same route, but for the life of you, you couldn't tell anyone directions to it; you just knew.

They all stopped when Ice put his arm over his face again, sneezing into his elbow like the polite, well mannered, pilot he was, "etschew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chew-chew-chew-chew." 

Just as Slider was about to bless him again, and probably kiss him silly, he heard someone shout, "HA! That's the girliest sneeze i've ever heard! Are you a girl, you f****?" 

Slider stiffened and felt so much rage rise up, he turned to go beat the shit out of whoever said that, but Ice just grabbed his hand and shook his head. Instead, they just walked away, but Slider could tell Ice was freaking out. On a normal day, Ice would just raise a brow at this person, and his eyes alone would make the man beg for forgiveness or run away. He had that superpower; like if you look into his eyes when he's disappointed, you see all your past sins and need to repent immediately. If there is someone you don't want to disappoint, it's Iceman; leave the disappointment for your god.

This time was different; he was recovering from a depressive episode and he any little thing could set him off. While the phrase didn't hurt Ice's feelings, it brought back memories of the things his father would say to him to hurt him. Things all to similar to what that person yelled; without the knowledge that he liked men, that is. Today, He was hyperventilating a bit and Maverick had to hold him upright, already feeling dizzy from the increase adrenaline running through his veins. His flight or fight instinct just kicked in, and he chose flight.

Slider took Ice's hand, pulling him in a certain direction, "come with me." 

They both followed, Ice seemingly become more and more unaware as they moved on, not even noticing the sign of where Slider was taking them until He walked in and recognized the atmosphere.

"Do you remember this place?" Slider squeezed Ice's hand, hoping to ground him; letting Maverick sit him down on a bench, instantly beginning a small hand massage to calm him down.

Ice seemed more coherent, looking around, recognition in his eyes, staring at a little yellow butterfly that landed on a flower nearby, "You took me here." 

"Yeah," Slider knelt down, putting his hands on Ice's knees, "to see your first butterfly." 

Ice nodded, looking everywhere but Slider, "This is where I knew you loved me as much as I love you."

"What?" Slider started to gently rub his thigh.

"You stopped everything," Ice took a second to get his breathing under control, "you skipped out on your friends, because I told you I don't remember ever having seen a butterfly." 

"Yeah," Slider nodded, urging him on, glad that Ice's blood pressure was going back to normal.

"You were worried I hadn't eaten anything, derailed your entire day, so that we could have breakfast together, then derailed it again for this," Ice took a breathe, and closed his eyes, "It was here.. That I accepted, that you may love me." 

"It was also the first time you let me in," Slider took his free hand and kissed his knuckles.

"and the first time you told me never to apologize for-" Ice just gestured to his face in replacement for saying the word.

"yeah," Slider smiled, "look how far you've come."

Mav rested his head on Ice's shoulder, looking around, "it's a great place for a first date."

Slider looked a little shocked, but smiled, "yeah.. I guess that was our first date." 

Ice grinned and buried his face in Mav's hair, "It was a great first date." 

"Good," Slider stood up and went to a flower near by, letting a orange and black butterfly crawl onto his finger and bringing it back to them, "hold out your hand." 

When Ice didn't move, Mav took his hand that was holding Ice's towards Slider, smiling as the butterfly stood on both Ice's and Mav's hand.

"This was the first butterfly you held," Slider gave a soft smile at both of them, "only right it's the first butterfly you both hold together." 

"Are you making a metaphor about love?" Mav smiled, not caring how cheesy it sounded.

"yeah," Slider looked at the butterfly, "Our relationship started with a orange and black butterfly. It's only right you hold one too, Mav." 

"So this butterfly is our gatekeeper?" 

"that's an awful way of thinking about it," Ice smiled, panic having settled, "This little butterfly, or at least its species, as been binding us together before we even knew what was happening. It's the symbol of us." 

"Exactly," Slider kissed Ice's free hand, happy Ice could translate what he couldn't, "What we are, is beautiful. Delicate, but beautiful. Never let anyone make you think differently." 

The Butterfly flew off their finger, and the three of them watched as it flew up into the sky, joined by two other butterflies, circling each other before disappearing amidst the trees. 

Ice sighed and leaned into Maverick, "I think I'm ready to take this mental health days seriously." 

"Really?" Mav kissed his forehead.

"Yeah," Ice looked at the yellow butterfly that was still near, "needed some time to rest doesn't make me weak, not anymore than staying in with the flu. I understand that now." 

Slider helped Ice up and kissed him softly, "I'm so proud of you." 

Mav pulled Ice by the collar and kissed his lips, "I'm proud of you too." 

"One step at a time, please," Ice hid his face in his hands, "proud is still..." 

"We get it," Slider took his hands away from his face, "but it's still true." 

Ice scrunched up his face, "ok." 

"you'll believe us one day," Mav kissed his cheek, "let's go home. I have a celebratory present waiting for you." 

"is it you?" Ice raised a brow, "Doing the laundry?" 

Mav hesitated, "It can be?" 

"It better be," Slider picked up Ice bridal style, "because I think it's time Ice got some real rest." 

Ice looked hopeful, but embarrassed, "Music and a book?" 

Slider nodded, "In bed, with a cup of hot tea." 

Ice couldn't help but look a little excited about the concept.

Mav took Slider's keys, "I'm driving, and I will do the laundry. The only thing you have to worry about is where we put your glasses." 

"Nightstand," Ice knew exactly where the were, "Thank you." 

"For you," Mav took his hand a kissed it, "anything."

So many amazing updates! My heart aches and is so happy at the same time for ice and him seeing how much slider and maverick care for him. I work up this morning to find you have posted and I couldn’t have been happier. The care that maverick and slider show ice is something I will never get tired of. You are the best! 

On 8/24/2022 at 6:09 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

So many amazing updates! My heart aches and is so happy at the same time for ice and him seeing how much slider and maverick care for him. I work up this morning to find you have posted and I couldn’t have been happier. The care that maverick and slider show ice is something I will never get tired of. You are the best! 

I'm so glad you're happy XOOX Love you endlessly, wings! no no.. YOU"RE the best. YOU. not me. YOUUUU! ❤️ 

EX: Part 1: The Invitation

Ice was already feeling not so wonderful that morning, beginning to think he'd caught a cold, after waking up with a sore throat. He had made his boyfriends breakfast, forgoing it, instead just having some tea, promising Slider he'd have lunch. He was planning on just taking some medicine and see where things went from there, but then the mail came in. Slider went and got it, not wanting Ice to go outside, afraid his allergies would irritate him and make him sick faster; even though the grass pollen was very low today (Ice appreciated it anyway). 

Ice took the mail from Slider and let him wrap his arms around his waist, holding him from behind. He was sorting junk from bills, and separating the mail by who its for. He saw a envelope addressed to him, which he found strange. The people who knew where they lived wouldn't send any letters; least of all something so beautiful. The envelope was good quality, and the calligraphy was really impressive. 

Before Ice could open it, he had to put it down, turning to the side, lifting his elbow up, "hih-Itschiew!" he sniffed, then sighed when nothing followed. He became very aware that Mav and Slider froze, clearly confused, shocked, and waiting for something to happen.

"You're both so dramatic," Ice sniffed and scrunched his nose up, "I'm probably getting a head cold." 

Slider pouted and kissed the back of his head, "Do you want to try a hot bath?"

"No," Ice wiggled his nose, "it's nothing." 

"You say that about everything," Mav frowned, "last time you said that, you had a fever of 103." 

"You do get really bad fevers," Slider was rubbing his side.

"I don't have a fever," Ice rolled his eyes and opened the letter, turning it over to read it, before gasping quietly, whole body going stiff.

"What?" Slider felt him gasp and was currently trying to massage him into calming down, "who is it from?"

Ice knew exactly who it was and why it was sent. It was a wedding invitation from his ex. He was so grateful Slider had never met this ex and from what he remembered, he never told Slider just how bad this relationship was. Just thinking about it made him sick to his stomach and wanted to throw up. He actually felt a sour taste come to his mouth. Dashiing past Slider and slamming the bathroom door behind, he threw up into the toilet. The coughing that followed made his already sore throat hurt even more. He was so overwhelmed by emotion, and his coughing; he could barely hear the door opening.

"oh babe," Slider's voice was so soothing, yet strong, that Ice wanted to just reach out and pull him in, never letting go, "could this be a stomach bug?" 

Ice wanted to tell Slider the truth. The mix of emotions that came over him, overwhelmed his already sick body, making him throw up what little food he'd had. Instead, he just nodded, "maybe." 

"I'm so sorry," Slider was on the ground with him, holding him close, but loose enough that if he needed to throw up again, he could get out of it, "your sweating." 

"I am?" Ice wiped his forehead, realizing he did feel unnaturally hot; then again, he rarely, if ever, threw up. 

"Are you ok in there?" Mav called from outside of the bathroom.

"i'm fine," Ice sighed and let himself fall into Slider, "i'm sorry-" 

"no apologizing," Slider kissed his head again, "are you done?"

Ice nodded, letting Slider pick him up, frowning when Slider placed him back in bed, "stay with me?" 

Slider noticed Ice's death grip on his shirt, brows furrowing, "i'm not going anywhere, baby." 

Ice nodded, letting Slider tuck him in. Mav came in and put a bucket by the bed and took Ice's temperature, showing Slider before shrugging.

"It's normal," Slider frowned, "we'll check again in a few hours, or if you start to feel hot, ok?" 

Ice wanted to say he was already feeling like his whole body was on fire, but instead he just nodded. 

Slider put a hand on Ice' stomach and frowned, "Baby, you gotta relax. You'll just upset your stomach again." 

Ice wanted to scream that he couldn't relax. The man who abused, stalked, and broke him knew his new address. Not only did he know it, he wanted Ice to know that he knew. What freaked Ice out even more, which caused him to throw up, was that there was no stamp. Which meant it was hand delivered. HE WAS HERE!

Ice immediately felt sick again and grabbed the bucket, throwing up again, much to Mav's chagrin; who just looked green himself. By this time he was shaking, body going into a panic attack.

"Tom, baby, it's ok," Slider rubbed his back, "you're just a little sick, it's going to be ok."

Ice kenw Slider thought he was panicking about being sick or both of them being there while he puked, but that wasn't even on the top 10 things that were freaking him out right now, "is.. is the ..door locked?" 

"uhm.. yes?" Mav looked confused, "always locked. Even the windows, and the back door too." 

"check.. again?" Ice was panting, panic starting to make him hyperventilate. 

"O..ok?" Mav looked at Slider, asking for an explanation before doing exactly as Ice asked.

"Why do you want him to check all the locks?" Slider held him a little tighter, "this isn't just the flu is it?" 

Ice shook his head slightly, tears coming to his eyes, "please..I can't." 

"ok," Slider rubbed his back, "You don't have to tell me right now. We can wait until you feel a little better ok? Do you want to sleep-?'

"No!" Ice's head shot up, eyes scared as he looked at the door and window, "no.. can't sleep." 

"ok ok," Slider looked where he did, "it's just you, me, and Mav here. I promise. Is this about your dad?" 

Ice didn't want to explain, so he just nodded, hoping Slider would take it, and he did.

"Shit," Slider took the bucket and put it back on the floor, before turning Ice towards him, "Tom. I will never ever let that prick hurt you ever again, ok? No one can hurt you as long as i'm around. You believe that, yeah?"

Ice nodded, actually relieved to have Slider. Slider was undefeated; but never started the fights, only ended them, "Probably shouldn't have had that tea without food," He swallowed and laid down with Slider, "caffeine is probably getting to me." 

"sure," Slider didn't buy it, but pushed the hair away from his face before pulling him close to his chest, "Just breathe." 

There was a loud smack against the window and Ice shot up so face he almost hit Slider, "what was that?" 

Slider sat up and looked over, seeing a weird substance on the window, "is that.. egg?" He got up out of bed and looked through the window, "how the hell did they make that shot? we aren't facing the street?!" 

Ice knew exactly how. Someone had clearly hoped the fence, "do you see anyone?" 

Mav came running in, "Some kids are egging the houses! That's bold on a military base."

"It's other houses too?" Ice looked hopeful.

"Yeah, I just saw a bunch of kids on bikes throwing eggs at the house across the way," Mav sighed and leaned against the doorway, "I caught a kid running out of our backyard. Apparently I left the fence door open." 

Ice relaxed a bit, "oh." 

"I can go close it-?" 

"no," Ice cut him off, "I'm just... overthinking this."

"I think you have the flu," Mav came closer and fixed the blankets around Ice, "You haven't been feeling well for a few days now, not to mention your hyper aware." 

"You think i'm overreacting? Seeing things?" Ice frowned.

"No," Mav tucked him back in, "But I do think the flu is hyping up your blood pressure, and your constantly in fight or flight mode." 

Ice moaned and laid back down, "I'm being ridiculous." 

"no," Slider came back to bed and crawled in, "you always get sick really hard. You just need a little tender love and care." 

"And some sleep," Mav frowned, "your heart rate is skyrocketing. What's got you all freaked out?" 

"apparently the stressful maintenance needed to keep this house clean when rampid egg throwing children are present," Ice sighed.

"That was the longest way to say the egg on the window startled you, that I have ever heard in my life," Mav grinned, half laughing, "you're so cute." 

"lets just all take a nap together and see how you feel after that, ok?" Slider gestured for Mav to turn off the light and crawl into bed; which he did.

"Just.. don't leave?" 

"no way," Mav hugged him and kissed his forehead, "you're never clingy like this. I wouldn't miss this opportunity for the world." 

--------------------------------------------

When they woke up, Ice felt a lot better, but noticed Slider wasn't with him anymore and his bucket was gone. He heard Slider in the kitchen and decided to join him. Mav was still fast asleep next to him when he left. He saw Slider doing the dishes from breakfast and walked up to him.

"Hey," Ice leaned against the counter, clearly feeling better, but still looked a little unsteady.

"hey yourself," Slider pulled him closer and kissed his forehead, "still no fever, that's good." 

"I feel much better," He leaned into him, sighing with relief, "It was probably the caffeine."

"So you said," Slider rubbed his back, "I still want to be safe than sorry. You're on bed rest until I can be sure you just have a cold." 

"My throat feels better, and I don't feel congested," Ice added hopefully.

"not taking chances," Slider kissed his nose in test, slightly disappointed when he didn't get so much as a sniff, "I think your nose is broken."

Ice giggled, "just not feeling very sensitive." 

"Don't test me," he kissed his lips lightly, "I will send Mav to get flowers." 

"It would lighten up the place," he smiled before hugging Slider, "don't kiss me or you'll catch my cold." 

"Flu," Mav came in looking sleepy, "who's in the window?" 

Ice and Slider both looked, barely seeing an arm as the person rushed away.

"What the actual fuck," Slider took a bat Mav had brought in when he moved in, heading towards the window, to see if it was clear to leave the door without getting jumped.

"Ron-" Ice wanted to stop him but Slider was already out the door, looking like he was ready to bat someone's head off.

"He'll be fine. It's Ron," Mav went to the door and stood in it, watching Slider look for the intruder.

After a few minutes, Slider came back looking confused, "I didn't see anyone." 

Ice was sipping on some water, sitting down by the counter, "that's odd. Could it be the kids again? did you lock the fence?" 

"I did," Slider locked the front door, frowning, "I did see something weird," he took a breathe, "someone had written on the dust of my truck, 'miss me?' What's that about?" 

Ice heard nothing beyond the quote, remembering the last thing his ex had said to him, 'you'll miss me one day.' He used to write messages for Ice in the steam on their mirror, the in the sand while at the beach, and most importantly, in the dirt of his own car. Ice's ears started to ring and he dropped the glass, unaware that it had shattered on the counter, glass slicing his arm. He could vaguely here worried voices, but the sounded like they were under water, until he felt something touch his bleeding arm.

Slider saw him wince, "are you ok?" He was pressing a towel into Ice's arm, tryin got stop the bleeding, "It doens't look too deep, but I want to clean it anyway." Clearly Slider had been talking to him before, but Ice hadn't been listening."

"Sorry.. yeah," Ice nodded, standing up with Slider, frowning when his mouth felt dry and his stomach started cramping.

"Mav's got the glass," Slider led him to their bedroom, sitting Ice on the bed, "are you with me?" 

"yeah," Ice nodded, staring at the blood and found it very cathartic, finding it easier to focus on Slider now.

"What happened? Did the glass slip from your hand?" He wasn't mad, just worried.

"I.. I don't know," Ice trie to swallow but he had no spit to swallow, "It just.. fell." 

"That's ok," Slider got the med kit and started to clean the wound up, "It's not deep, but i'm gonna wrap it up, ok?" 

Ice nodded, "I'm used to it." 

"baby, you didn't do this to yourself," Slider bandaged it and begun the wrapping, 'it was an accident. They happen."

"I... I think I know who's here." Ice looked into Slider's eyes, "There's something I've never told you." 

Slider looked up at him after finishing the wrapping, "You can tell me anything, baby." 

Ice took a deep breathe, "Mav should be here.. it's about my.. it's about an ex."

17 hours ago, Mygyn said:

😭 Ice just can’t catch a break! Thanks for the update can’t wait to see where this goes

No he cannot and I shall not let him hehehehe! Here's part two. I hope you have part 3 up tonight.

EX: part 2: Confession

Slider nodded, standing up and kissing Ice's forehead before going to grab Maverick. He was a little nervous now. He thought Ice had told him all of the past, but clearly he was missing something big. If this is what he left out, he was genuinely terrified as to what he was about to hear. His heart was already breaking.

"Pete," Slider's face fell, looking at the mix of glass and blood on the counter, "Ice wants to tell us something." 

"you just called me Pete," Mav stopped cleaning and looked up at Sli with wide eyes, "it's really bad.." 

"Yeah," Slider set his jaw and motioned with his head for Mav to go to the bedroom. 

They both sat down on the bed, but in positions where one of them had an eye on every opening to the room. 

Ice took a breathe, "I've had a stalker that I thought was finished with me, years ago." 

"A stalker?!" Mav raised a brow, "shit, that's a real thing?" 

"Yeah," Ice rolled his eyes fondly, "God, you're so innocent." 

"Go on," Slider took Ice's uninjured hand and ran his thumb across it.

"He was my ex, not long before I met you, Ron," he cleared his throat as he felt his anxiety creep up, "He was worse than my father," He couldn't get himself to look at his boyfriends, staring down at his injured hand instead, "he used to hit me, choke me, say some of the most awful things," he sniffed, tears coming to his eyes, "but then he'd come home with flowers, or some stupid apology gift, and I just let it happen.. again.. and again.. and again." 

"Why?" Mav looked so hurt for Ice, like he wanted to take away that pain.

"That's what I thought love was. My father beat me, and then my boyfriend did. I didn't know any different-" He looked at Slider, "until I met you. That's why I was so.."

"Cold?" Slider kissed his knuckles.

"yeah," he coughed into his shoulder, cold or flu or whatever this was, interrupting him, "I have a scar.. on the side of my head," he took his hand from Slider's and moved his hair, turning his head, so they could see the faint scars along his scalp, "We went to dinner, a date, and he thought I was flirting with the waiter. I was just being polite," he put his hand down and let Slider touched the scar, sighing when Slider kissed it (having kissed all of his other scars), "When we got home, he started drinking, and hit me over the head with a bottle." 

"What the fuck?" Mav's mouth was open, "and it shattered?" 

"Yeah," Ice shivered a little, frowning when Mav put a blanket around him, "And he um.." he rubbed his eyes, "used to spike my beer," his free hand was now scratching his neck, leaving angry red lines, "I don't really remember what he would do after," his hand moved to wrap around his neck, "but I remember the pressure." 

"Talk, don't do," Slider took his free hand again, frowning when red fingerprints lined his neck, "baby." 

"It wasn't always his hands," he took a breathe, trying to regulate his heart rate, "he would.. use ties.. or scarves, I don't really know, but it was soft." his hand was resisting against Slider's hands, wanting to claw at his neck, "God.. He used to pull so hard," he coughed again, "I couldn't breathe.. I cant.. breathe." 

Mav watched him start to hyperventilate and quickly wrapped him in his harms, rubbing his back and whispering in his ear, "ok, that's enough for now. Just breathe," He kissed along his head, "you can tell us more later, you're getting all stressed." 

The coughing that came from Ice made them both think he was actually choking. Mav sat him up and patted his back, only for Ice to shake his head and lean back into Maverick, "ok.." 

"you're not ok," Mav held him close.

"It's why I never close my collar," Ice coughed a little more, "It feels like i'm choking." 

"There's nothing around your neck right now, just breathe," Mav looked at Slider, horrified; Slider looked the same.

"Tom," Slider was deadly serious but still kept a soft tone, "DId he.. touch you when you were... unconscious?" 

Tom nodded, feeling Mav stiffen, "I got help," he buried his face in Mav's neck, "Went to therapy in secret, until I came to the academy." 

"So you broke up with him," Slider took his hand, the only thing stopping him from hunting this bastard down and ripping him in half; and then maybe half again.

"yes," Ice shivered and pulled the blanket tighter around him, "That's when the stalking happened." 

"He's been stalking you since the academy?" Mav held him tighter.

"Only when I lived with my father. Once I was in the Navy, he couldn't track me anymore. He failed the psych evaluation."

"So you've lost him for over 10 years?" 

Ice nodded.

SLider finished Mav's question, "Then how the fuck did you find you now?" 

"I don't know," Ice opened his eyes and looked at Slider, "I can't see him again.. I really can't." 

"You won't have to," Slider came closer, "If he comes in, he's a dead man." 

"Don't kill him," Ice pulled Slider closer, "you'll never forgive yourself." 

"Don't think about me right now," Slider bent down and kissed Ice's forehead, "be selfish for a minute, please?" 

"He doesn't deserve death," Ice sniffed and pulled his legs up, knees to his chest, "he deserved to rot in prison." 

"or in a hole," Mav chimed in, kissed Ice's head.

Ice was just beginning to calm down when something shattered. Mav held Ice tighter, feeling him stiffen up, heart racing. Slider had jumped up and went to go investigate. 

"Pete! Get in here!" Slider yelled, not wanting Ice to see this. 

Mav jumped out of bed and ran to Slider, finding him with a brick in his hand and a smashed window, "What the fuck?" 

Slider looked at the bedroom door, waiting until Mav was right in front of him to speak, "I bet my life Ice's dad wasn't the one to give him the eating disorder." He turned the brick around and in black letters were 'fat pig.' 

Mav quickly took the brick and rubbed the ink with his shirt until it was illegible, "Ice cant see this." 

"Agreed," Slider frowned when Ice came out, face hardset as he stared at the window, "it's just a window. I can fix it." 

"It's not the window i'm upset about," Ice walked over and stared at the broken glass along the floor, "he's taunting me." 

"he's taunting us.," Slider corrected before walking over to Ice, wrapping him in a hug, "I love you so much. He will never touch you again." 

Mav saw the look in Ice's face and felt like crying, "don't do that, Ice," he bit the inside of his cheek, "don't shut down." 

Slider just held him tighter, "Baby, stay with me." 

Ice just kept staring, watching the sun reflect off the glass.

"i'm calling base security, or 911," Mav picked up his phone.

"Don't," Ice barely whispered, "it will only make things worse." 

Mav put the phone down, "Babe, we need help." 

"I've tried," Ice was shut down, "nothing worked." 

"Hey no," Mav came closer and shielded Ice's view of the glass, "look at me, please, look at me." 

Ice just kind of sagged into Slider's arms, eyes unseeing.

"Tom?" Slider slowly got out of the hug and held him at arm's length, looking into Ice's face, "baby, come back to me," he touched his cheek, running his thumb over his cheekbone, "talk to me." 

"He'll always find me," Ice looked downward, before looking at the window, "might as well let him come." 

"no," Slider moved him to the couch, making him sit down, "can you even hear me?" 

"Yes," Ice's eyes never left the window, "It doesn't hurt like this," he swallowed, none of them having noticed that his free hand was pressing hard into the wound, making his arm bleed through the bandage, "I can take it. I deserve it." 

"Shit," Mav noticed first and took his hand away, taking the blood soaked bandage off and took off his shirt to put pressure on the re-opened and deeper wound, "Tom, snap out of it." 

Slider set his jaw, took the brick, and went back outside. He canvassed the house for what felt like the 1,000 time, just circling and circling, hoping to find something, or better yet, someone to end this. 

Mav pulled out his phone, waiting as it rang and sighing with relief when the answered, "We need help. It's Kazansky." he listened to what the other person said before hanging up. He looked down at his semi-conscious boyfriend and felt tears roll down his cheeks as Ice seemed to have no emotion. He was limp in his arms, still staring at the stupid glass, "We're gonna stop this. You'll never have to go through this again, do you hear me?" 

Ice didn't respond, clearly lost in thought.

"Don't shut me out," Mav kissed Ice's head, hoping to wake him up from whatever he was falling into, tears falling onto Ice's hair, "stay with me. Don't shut me out again, please. I love you." 

There was silence for a while, only sound was Mav's soft crying, "please. Ice, I love you." 

28 minutes ago, Mygyn said:

😭 abuse is no joke poor Ice 😭 

It's only going to get worse muahahaha

Ahhh the suspense is killing me! I want to fight this man for Ice haha. Beautifully written as always and I loved your depiction of the struggle of even removing one from a abusive situation still leaves them with trauma and scars that people can and cannot seen. The way that ice was teaching for his neck and slider stopped him made me melt into a puddle. I cannot wait for the update! I am so emotionally invested at this point! 

21 hours ago, Mygyn said:

Noo don’t say it gets worse 😭 

Muahahahahaha

3 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

Ahhh the suspense is killing me! I want to fight this man for Ice haha. Beautifully written as always and I loved your depiction of the struggle of even removing one from a abusive situation still leaves them with trauma and scars that people can and cannot seen. The way that ice was teaching for his neck and slider stopped him made me melt into a puddle. I cannot wait for the update! I am so emotionally invested at this point! 

At least your wait is over? Will there be a part 4? idk. but here's part 3! Thank you so much for your kind words!

EX: Part 3: Confrontation

What neither of his boyfriends knew, was that Ice wasn't just dissociating to deal with his anxiety and pain; it was so he could focus on remembering every aspect of this man. The minute he went blank in Slider's arms, he saw the first time his ex ever hit him. He remembered how he should have been surprised or sacred, but instead, it felt like relief. LIke this is exactly what he had expected to happen, and the wait was worse than the hit. All he had known was that love was pain. His father hit him and his mother, and he'd never had love that was any different. When he was dating this ex, he could read when he was about to get explosive, as it was second nature to him. It was only when he met Slider did he realize this was abuse. He had never connected the dots.

To him, the abuse that he saw on the news or talked about in schools, just wasn't the same. He never thought he was abused; he thought everyone went through the same thing. He'd see bruises on kids or broken bones, and just assumed their reasons of sports injuries or falling off their bikes were just the same excuses Ice used to cover his abuse scars. He never believed a single one of their answers, and would make then get well cookies or soups or be a little more affectionate. 

The first time his ex had hit him, it was after a high school football game. Tom had high fived a friend of his on the team after they had won the game, and giving him compliments about certain passes or tackles. His ex had hated it. He took each compliment as a personal attack; as if Ice was saying all of his faults and boasting about how much better a boyfriend this 'friend' would be. So, when Ice felt him boyfriend pull him away and behind the bleachers; he assumed he wanted to hook up. Instead, Ice felt a fist hit the left side of his face, making him turn ever so slightly with the force. 

"FUCK!" His ex had yelled, holding his hand, "Look what you did," he held out his hand and Ice could clearly see the broken thumb, "You made me do this!" 

Ice had taken his hand, "i'm so sorry," It was instinct, "the EMTs are still here, they can fix your thumb." 

"And what the fuck would I tell them?" His ex was pissed, "I can't exactly tell them the truth. That would get you in a lot of trouble." 

Ice took a step back, a little scared, "we can um.. say you fell. They won't ask too many questions." 

"They better not," his ex's good hand was against his chest, pushing him, "for your sake." 

Tom should have seen the red flags early on. How his ex would never let him hang out with other people without him around to "chaperone." He was never allowed to go to parties or have lab partners, male or female. He always ended up doing the work by himself, boyfriend keeping a close eye, and telling his lab/school partner that he would give them full credit. Of course, there was so resistance, but when they saw the ex, they immediately understood. Now that he was out of that situation, it bothered him that no one tried to help him. No one ever pulled him aside, stuck up for him. Even teachers knew something was wrong, especially when Ice would get sick in class because his boyfriend put something in his food that he couldn't eat as punishment. His teachers just sent him to the nurse and never said anything. 

Apart of him thought that they must have been scared too. This man was clearly unhinged and very dangerous. 

He was now aware that he was on the couch and answering things he didn't even hear; hoping whatever response his brain was giving made sense. If asked later, he wouldn't recall any of the conversations until he woke up; but that was a long ways away. Right this moment, head on Maverick shoulder, he remembered an old injury his ex had on his right knee. He used to play sports and after an unfortunate accident, he couldn't play anymore; any of them. That had been the worst of it for Ice. He coughed again, not realizing that he was coughing on Maverick, who was holding his hands so he didn't touch his throat again. It was the last time the ex had choked him well after he passed out from asphyxiation, and his throat had never been the same. 

Now if he even had a minor cough, his voice would immediately go, and his throat would swell like he couldn't breathe. Sometimes when he got anxious he could still feel that scarf around his neck, hoping with all he had that this time he'd just die. If he had died, he wouldn't be in pain anymore, and he could just be at peace; for once in his life. Of course, when he was sent to the hospital, his father had beat him later for the insane hospital bills. He was told he had to be resuscitated and had been dead for almost a minute. Up until that moment, Ice thought it was the best minute of his life. 

----------------

Mav heard him start coughing and rubbed his back, "Breathe, baby." 

Slider came back into the room and touched his forehead, "sit him up against the couch, he'll breathe easier." 

Mav did as he was told and frowned when Ice made no indication of understanding; eyes glazed over and staring at nothing, "This is really freaking me out." 

"he'll come out of it when he's ready," Slider put a blanket over him, "We really need to do something about this asshole." 

"I called for help," He showed Slider his phone.

"You called Viper?" Slider's eyebrows shot up, "Ice is gonna kill you." 

"I don't care," Mav looked anxiously outside, "we need help. We can't keep Ice stable and find this guy." 

They both heard a car lock outside and jumped up. When they heard who was coming in, hearing their names yelled, relief washed over them.

"You called Wood and Wolf?" Slider ran his hand over his face.

"Nope," Mav went to grab the door, "Viper did." 

"Heard you wanted some backup," Wolfman looked excited, fingers containing brass knuckles.

"Hows Ice?" Hollywood has a bat, but metal, looking a little to calm.

"Bad," Mav gestured for them to come in before locking the door, "He's... I really don't know. But he's sick too; so this isn't exactly great timing." 

Wolfman, not giving a single fuck that Ice was sick, walking over to him and felt his forehead before kneeling down in front, "shit.. he's lost." 

"ooo," Hollywood came over and took Ice's face in his hands, before waving in front of him, snapping, "Shit.. he's really lost."

"Does everyone else know about this besides me?" Mav walked over, kissing Ice's forehead, "Is this normal?" 

"If you've been as traumatized as Ice," Hollywood sighed, "The fact that he isn't crumpled on the floor screaming is fucking impressive." 

"So this is a good thing?" 

"Just because someone is disassociated, it doesn't mean they're not thinking," Hollywood was suspiciously knowledgeable about this, "He's probably got a couple scenarios going through his head right now. If I know Ice, and I think we all do, he's gonna wake up with so many battle plans that our heads will spin." 

"How the fuck do you know that?" Mav looked a little frustrated.

"Cougar used to be my roommate back in basic. He used to write to me every day in the academy, and told me all about Ice. Why do you think I was so hyped to meet him." 

"Is Cougar coming?" Slider looked a little hopeful." 

"Nah, He's in Brazil with his family. I wasn't gonna tell him." 

Suddenly there was a big thump coming from the roof and they all, except Ice, looked up, "Is this asshole on our roof?" Slider's jaw was so tight that Mav was worried he'd break a tooth.

"Surround the outside. He'll have to get off the roof eventually." Wolfman fixed his knuckles and ran out of the house, followed by the others. 

Slider and Mav had the back of the house, standing at the corners, and Wolfman and Hollywood had the front of the house. They all stood there, trying to find someone on the roof, periodically looking in the bushes and trees just in case. 

Little did the know, but he wasn't outside at all. He had snuck into a window that no one knew even opened, and was walking towards the living room. He saw Ice sitting there, looking dazed.

"So you've finally cracked," He walked up to the couch, smiling when Ice didn't move, "you really are weak." He pushed Ice's head, taking pride in how if moved and Ice made not motion to fixed it. 

He walked around to the front of the couch, trying to see just how unaware Ice really was, "huh. I thought the navy would toughen you up, but you are just as useless and weak as when you used to be mine," he grabbed the hand with the bandage and undid the new bandage, "Have you started cutting again? Do you really think this little sorry attempt was going to push me away?" He let go and picked up Ice's jaw, "This is your attempt to tell me how much you missed me. But i'm here now, you don't have to do that anymore. Only I can make you bleed."

Before he knew it, Ice had jabbed him in the throat, making him splutter and coughing, stepping a but away, only to fall over the coffee table, glass shattering. Ice was suddenly standing over him and had a foot on the guy's chest, "you didn't break me." 

The ex took a glass shard, holding it sight tightly it cut his palm, jabbing it into Ice' leg, making Ice move his leg; giving him time to get up, "Now you're finally playing." 

"No," Ice stood back up punched the man in the face so hard he broke his nose.

"You're enjoying this!" He laughed, geering up to swing at Ice.

Ice took his arm, dodging the punch, and turned, putting the ex behind him before flipping him over his shoulder, landing harshly on his back. Ice never let go of the arm, "No, but my father did. You remember him," He pulled the arm a bit, making the man yell out, "He loved to hit me, just like you did. But I learned something from that," he bent down to whisper in his ear, "I can make you hurt too," He stood back up and twisted and yanked the arm so hard that there was an audible crack making the man scream so loud that the neighbors could hear.

All of a sudden Hollywood and Wolfman were sprinting into the room, followed by Slider and Mav, all looking bewildered at the scene before them.

"OOO, that's gotta hurt," Wolfman laughed a bit before walking closer, "ya know, the cops aren't still a ways out, and I don't know about you all, but i've suddenly gone blind." 

"No," Ice let go of the arm, watching it fall limply to the ground, clearly not where it should be, "I'm not going to play his game." 

"Tom?" Slider came closer, waiting until Ice gave him permission to come closer, hugging him from behind, "are you ok?" 

"I'm fine," he watched the blood flow out of the guy's nose, "but he's seen better days." 

"DId he hit you?" Mav came closer, taking the bat from Slider and using it to keep the guy down.

"No," Ice looked over at Mav, "I'm sorry I freaked you out." 

"I'm just glad you're back." 

"I knew he was watching," Ice nudged the broken arm, raising a brow when the guy moaned, "he gets off on pain. Apparently not his own though?"

"It can't hurt to double check?" Hollywood came over and stepped on his groin, "I don't know, he seems pretty hard for me. You should hit his arm again." 

"Step on his right knee," Ice leaned into Slider, "It's an old injury, never healed right." 

Wolfman did and winced when the guy started crying, "for an abuser, you'd think he'd be able to take what he gives." 

"Abusers have no real power or tolerance. Victims, they are the real strong ones," Ice nudged his head with his boot, "He's the weak one." 

Slider kissed his head, fucking proud.

Suddenly the door opened and Viper, with a shotgun came in followed by the police chief, "Everyone alright?" 

"He needs a hospital," Ice turned to Viper, "But we are fine." 

"Good," Viper aimed the shot gun on the man, "get up." 

"I- I can't." 

The police chief picked him up by his good shoulder.

"I want them arrested for assault." 

The police chief looked him over, "looks like defense against an intruder to me. You are under arrest for trespassing, burglary, stalking, and attempted assault."

Viper walked over and took something out of the dude's pants pocket, "With a knife. I think you can add attempted murder there too, chief." 

"That's not mine!" 

"Sure it isn't kid," The chief put the knife in an evidence bag, before cuffing the man's hands, tightly.

"ow that's too tight." 

"Tell that to the judge," he walked him out and now the Top Gun Graduates were just standing in Ice's house. 

"Well that was exciting," Wolfman took off his brass knuckles and put them in his pocket, "you guys ok? Or do you want us to stay?" 

"I think we can take it from here," Slider held Ice closer, "But thank you." 

"always," Hollywood and Wolf smiled, "you're family. We've got your back." 

"I appreciate that," Ice smiled slightly, walking them out so they could take to the police.

Viper came over and hugged Ice, "I'm so sorry kid." 

"I'm ok." 

"no you're not," Viper pulled back and touched his cheek, "get checked out by the EMTs. You've got a fever, kiddo." 

Slider and Mav both sighed.

"I'll be fine," Ice squeezed Slider and Mav's hands, "I just want to get out of these cloths," there was blood on him.

"Get checked," Viper pointed at him sternly, "then you can rest. My wife's making soup, I'll bring you some later." 

"What about the cops?" 

"Street camera caught most of it. I doubt they'll need your testimony at all," With that, Viper left. 

Ice visible sagged, leaning into Slider, "I feel like shit." 

"you heard Viper, EMTs then you can rest." 

Ice stood back up, "fine, but I'm not gonna be happy about it." 

Mav laughed and pulled him towards the door, "I think you've earned the right to be grumpy, baby." 

@Mygyn Yup they are great XO

EX: Part 4: Glass

It wasn't until Ice was outside the door that the adrenaline began to wear off. He felt a shooting pain in his leg and when he took his next step his leg gave way and he crumpled to the floor. Slider caught him and seeing how much pain he was in, slowly lowered him to the ground as EMTs sprinted over, hearing Mav shout his name. 

"You're bleeding," Slider looked at his leg, horrified to find his pants covered in blood, "Is that glass?" 

Ice leaned into Slider, groaning, "I forgot. I was so angry, I forgot he took some glass from the table..." 

The EMT knelt down to look at the wound before a gourney was brought to him.

"I can walk-"

"We can't risk this getting worse by putting any pressure on it," The EMT cut him off, "Help me lift him onto the gurney," The EMT looked at Slider who immediately took Ice in his arms and picked up up, gracefully putting him on the gurney, "Damn you're strong." 

"I'm riding with him," Slider took Ice's hand, "Mav grab some stuff for the hospital and meet us there." 

Mav nodded and ran to pack a bag.

"I don't need a go-bag," Ice looked so ashamed.

"Babe, you might need surgery," he Slider went with the EMTs, trying to block him from onlookers, "just breathe, it's going to be fine. People are more interested in the guy in the cop car than you, ok?" 

Ice tried to look calm and nonchalant, not wanting to seem weak, but he couldn't help the wince when the EMT touched his leg.

"Is there anyone you want to call? Parents? siblings?" 

"I'm his family," Slider gave him a look telling him to drop it, "we're 10 minutes from the hospital, what can we do now for him?" 

"Right now, I need you to keep him calm while i cut his pants and look at the wound." 

"I am calm," Ice rolled his eyes, looking at Slider, "you both know I'm still here." 

"sorry," The EMT gave a tight smile, "usually patients are screaming or passed out by now." 

"I'm not going to scream, or pass out," he looked at Slider, "it's nothing." 

"Sir," the EMT cut the pants so he could see the wound, "This might have severed your tendon. This is serious. Your friend here did the right thing." 

"He's my boyfriend," Ice squeezed Slider's hand, "and he's usually right about these things." 

Slider kissed his lips lightly, "I just want you to be ok." 

Ice nodded and leaned back, letting the EMT stabilize the glass and clean the surrounding area as best he could so that the doctors could see clearly what they needed to do. 

When they reached the hospital, the nurses wheeled him in and when a doctor came to see him, they immediately got him ready for surgery. He had indeed severed his tendon and were shocked he was moving at all before he collapsed. Ice had a sinking feeling his moving around is what caused his tendon to snap. 

He went under fast, his cold or flu or whatever was going on, made him easily susceptible and he took a little more than an hour to come out of it. When he woke up, Mav was sitting next to his bed, holding his hand and holding a cup of coffee close to his chest.

His mouth felt dry but he tried to speak anyway, "Mav?" 

"hey," Mav looked up quickly smiling, "how are you feeling?" 

"my leg?" He slowly moved his head to look at his bandaged leg and frowned when it was suspended in the air.

"They got all of the glass out, but they had to put your tendon back together, and you got a few stitches." 

"how bad?"

"not that bad," Mav squeezed his hand, "You won't be able to walk on it for a couple weeks, then physical therapy." 

Ice closed his eyes and slammed his head down on the pillow.

"hey, no," Mav stood up, put the coffee on the table and took his face in his hands, "don't you dare beat yourself up." 

"I can't fly-" 

"Yes you can, just in a few weeks," he rubbed his thumb along Ice's cheek, "you're going to be back up in the air before you know it." 

"What about permanent damage?" 

"none as long as you follow the doctor's orders," Mav pushed his hair back before kissing his forehead, "you're going to be ok, I promise." 

"Ron?" 

"He went to go get you something to eat," Mav smiled tightly, "nervous energy." 

"He's never nervous," Ice frowned.

"He is when his pilot goes into surgery," Slider came in with a tray, "you gotta eat something, baby." 

"I can't," Ice turned his face away, "please don't make me." 

Slider put the tray on the table and sat on the bed, "do you feel nauseous? Or something else?" 

Ice shook his head, looking away from Slider, "Just want to be alone." 

Slider tried not to show how much it hurt, just nodding and taking Mav out of the room, turning off the lights and closing the door. The nurse tried to check on him, but Slider told her he needed a few minutes. She understood and went to check on someone else. 

Ice broke down in that bed. He didn't want anyone to see him cry, much less a hospital full of doctors and nurses and strangers. He just couldn't take it anymore. The events of the past few days came crashing back and he hated himself for getting violent. He wasn't a violent person; not in the slightest. He'd much rather talk it out and fix the problem rather than fight about it. He never yelled, never raised a hand, not even in basic. But his ex had always brought the worst out of him. This bastard got what he deserved, but he also got what he wanted: Ice's breaking point.

"I knew you were like me," ran through his head and he took his pillow, burying his face in it, hoping he could someone smother himself, but just ended up crying into it, muffling the sound. It wasn't until his heart rate monitor starting going off, beeping so loud the whole hospital could probably hear it, that he realized he was having a panic attack. He moved the pillow off of his face and threw it across the room before putting his arms over his face, just as the lights turned on and a nurse ran it to see if he was going into shock.

"I'm ok," he sniffed and rubbed his face, "I'm fine, I'm not.. i'm ok." 

She put something in his IV tube before giving him a new pillow, and tucking him back in, "I know. Are you sure you don't want those two men outside to come back in?" 

Ice shook his head, "I can't." 

"They seem to love you very much. I almost had to sedate the tall one while you were in surgery. I thought he was going to pace a hole in my floor."

"I don't want them to see me like this," He moved his hands, looking up at this woman, "They've been through enough."

'Oh honey," the Nurse put a hand on his forehead, "oh, you're warm." 

"'s fine," Ice's slurred before his eyes rolled up into his head and he passed out, heart rate monitor beeping again.

"WE NEED A CRASH CART IN HERE!" The nurse screamed before people came running in. 

Slider and Mav had dropped what they were doing and sprinted towards the room, watching as someone started chest compressions. 

"Does he have any medical allergies? Latex? Anesthesia?" A nurse was asking them.

"just over the counter stuff, it's all on his chart," Slider looked terrified.

"We didn't give him anything like that-" The doctor stopped when the nurse took out his morphine, "What's wrong."

"his morphine dosage was too high," She looked bewildered, "I don't know who changed it." 

"He's having a heart attack?!" Slider looked about ready to throw this doctor out a window.

The nurses gave him Naloxone for the overdose and Ice immediately threw up. They put him on fluids and they waited for him to calm down, heart racing.

Slider was on a war path, "Who had access to his room?" 

"Just the nurses and me-"

"I want a list and I want it now or so help me God I will bring the full force of the Navy on you before you can splutter out a false apology." 

"Yes, sir," The Doctor ran away to find security and get them to make that list. 

It took a few hours for Ice to come down from his overdose, but just looked worse than he was earlier. His skin was pale and sweaty, fever having spiked earlier, and he couldn't seem to shake it.

"we will need to keep him overnight-"

"after the amazing job you all did earlier?" Slider blocked the door, "oh hell no, I want a transfer." 

"He's not stable enough for that," The Doctor put his hands up, hoping not to piss of the very large man further, "We can have security on him 24/7 and you and your friend are more than happy to stay with him the entire time." 

"You're damn right you will," Viper came in and squeezed Maverick's shoulder, "But I think the navy will be in charge of that security detail." 

"Yes sir," Security nodded and let them have the room.

"It's only for one night, kid" Vipper squeezed SLider's shoulder, "We aren't going anywhere, Hollywood and Wolfman are on their way with real food." 

"And they brought backup," Cougar was there with his wife and kid, "My wife's lawyer and I can say for sure my little girl gives the best healing hugs in the country." 

"Cougar!" Mav walked over and hugged him, "I thought you were in Brazil."

"You think I'd go on vacation while my friend is in trouble?" He shook his head, "Ice needs all the help he can get." 

"And so will this hospital when i'm done," His wife walked over, "Where can I find the head of this hospital?" A nurse came and told her to follow.

"Now, how about we all go check on Ice?" Cougar opened the door and put his daughter down, "Go give uncle Ice a hug, huh?" 

"Uncle Ice!" The little girl got up onto the bed and gave Ice the biggest hug, holding him as tight as her little arms could hold, "Daddy said you got really sick and needing healing hugs." 

Ice looked at her and wrapped his arms around her too, "I did, thank you, Mishi," He kissed her head, "I feel better already." 

"Michelle," Cougar looked at Mav, "It was my grandmother's name." 

"Nice name," Mav smiled as Ice looked relieved to have this little one in his arms.

"When you get better," Mishi kissed Ice's cheek, "You have to come to my house. Mommy got me a new doll house and Daddy said he was gonna build my barbie a plane!" 

"Woow," Ice smiled, "Is barbie a pilot?" 

"She can be whatever she wants to be because she's a boss!" 

"a boss?" Ice actually laughed, "I'd love to see the doll house." 

"yay!" She went back to hugging Ice, "You're so hot, uncle Ice. You need some soup." 

Cougar walked over and touched Ice's forehead, "He'll eat later honey, right now I think he could use some more hugs and kisses." 

"Thank you," Ice looked Cougar who just squeezed his shoulder, "you didn't have to." 

"yeah I did," He smiled, "you're my brother." 

Ice nodded, tears coming back to his eyes.

"Try to get some sleep," Cougar frowned, "you've got a bad fever there, man." 

"Can I stay?" Mishi pouted.

"That's up to Uncle Ice, baby." 

Ice looked at her pout and smiled, "Yeah, Mishi." 

"Yay," She cuddled up to him, "healing hugs work better with a nap." 

"You heard the little lady," Cougar tucked them both in, "nap time." 

Ice just nodded, already fighting the urge to pass out; closing his eyes and letting himself sleep, surrounded by people he trusted. People he loved. People that love him.

Edited by RemedyBane

This was so suspenseful l and I am definitely here for it! Watching Ice need his space and then having Maverick and Slider to comfort him and gave him his space when he needed it. It definitely kept me on the edge of my seat and I thoroughly enjoyed the suspense. Once again you’ve done an incredible job!

On 8/28/2022 at 7:18 PM, Mygyn said:

🥰 so good! Ice is getting the support he needs 

hmmm funny you mention support ;) XOXOXO

15 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

This was so suspenseful l and I am definitely here for it! Watching Ice need his space and then having Maverick and Slider to comfort him and gave him his space when he needed it. It definitely kept me on the edge of my seat and I thoroughly enjoyed the suspense. Once again you’ve done an incredible job!

I'm so glad you liked it! Thank you so much for your kind words of support XOXO

EX: Part 5: Support

Ice woke up slowly, feeling awful even though he was being pumped with more medicine than he'd like. As his eyes adjusted, he realized Mishi wasn't on the bed and there was someone much larger laying in bed with him; Slider. He felt instant relief, figuring that they switched security duty, and he wanted Slider so badly.

"Hey doll," Slider kissed his sweaty forehead, "aw, honey, you must feel awful." 

Ice just started crying into Slider's chest, who just rubbed his back and held his head close, "I can't stop.. crying."

"It's ok," Slider kissed his head again, "It's just you and me right now," Slider let a few tears roll down his cheeks, "Just let it all out, ok? You'll feel better." 

Ice cried for what felt like hours but was really just 15 minutes. When he was finished, his head felt fuzzy again and he felt hollow inside, "I want to go home." 

"I know," Slider squeezed him slightly, "It's only 4 in the morning. They won't release you until the morning shift comes in." 

Ice moved and looked at the clock, "Why are you here?" 

"To be with my best guy?" he smiled a bit, "You didn't think I'd leave you?" 

"You should be asleep," Ice frowned.

"Nuhuh," Slider pulled him back down, "I'm not sleeping until I know you're safe and sound at home, and in bed." 

"Is Mav home?" 

"Yup," Slider laid down with him, hoping Ice would fall back asleep soon, "Wolfman and Mav went to go fix that window and get rid of the glass from the coffee table."

"God," Ice sighed, "I can't believe I broke it." 

"You did what you needed to do to survive," Slider kissed his forehead again, hoping the kisses would give comfort, "I'm so proud of you." 

"Yeah?" 

"Absolutely," he put his hand on Ice's cheek and rubbed his thumb lightly across Ice's cheekbone, "Baby, I'm so fucking proud of you." 

"I love you," Ice pulled him in closer and kissed his lips, "I love you so fucking much." 

"I love you too, baby." 

Ice moved away from the kiss, raising his elbow as his nose itched, "tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew!" 

"Bless," Slider put his sleeve over his hand and wiped the underside of Ice's nose, "doctor says you have the flu." 

"you're gonna get it-"

"No I won't," Slider kissed his lips again, "and you know I don't care either way." He watched as Ice shivered and tucked the blankets better around him, "Do you want me to go get more blankets?"

"No," Ice sniffed and pulled him closer, "Just want you." 

"I'm not going anywhere, baby," Slider wrapped his arms around him and kissed his face until Ice relaxed and fell back asleep.

Slider stayed up all night, busying himself with the muted TV with subtitles, making sure no one came in who wasn't legit and double checked all of the doses they put into Ice's IV. It wasn't until 11 am that Ice was allowed to go home. Mav had grabbed a wheelchair and had to convince Ice to use it.

"Babe," Mav took Ice's hand, "You can't put pressure on it, and you're still high on morphine to use crutches." 

Ice looked defeated as he stared down at the cast on his foot, "this is humiliating." 

"You were attacked by a serial stalker and abuser," Mav sighed, "you're a badass who beat the shit out of him. If anything, this is a victory chair." 

"Don't," Ice winced before sitting in the chair, "let's just get this over with." 

"grumpy," Mav kissed his head before moving him out of the room. 

The lights were really bright that Ice put on his shades, wincing as it made his headache hurt more. He had refused to take any pain killers once they took him off the morphine last night. He didn't care how much pain he was in, he would never do that again. 

The drive home was exhausting. It was only thirty minutes, with traffic, but Ice felt like he was going to throw up the whole time. It wasn't anyone's fault, Mav was going as slow as he legally could, but Ice's body was not taking well to the morphine and the trauma was making him all kinds of tense. 

"Tom," Slider squeezed his hand, "you need to relax. You're making yourself sick." 

"Can't," Ice put a hand on his mouth before swallowing thickly.

"Mav pull over, now," Thankfully, they were near the edge and pulled into the grass before Ice opened the door and threw up outside of the car. 

"shit, baby," Mav put the hazards on and put the car in park before turning around to fully look at him, "We can wait here until your stomach settles, ok?" 

Ice nodded, getting ready for another bout. They sat there for about ten minutes, Ice throwing up every so often, before a cop pulled over in front of them and walked over.

"You all right?" 

Mav rolled down his window, "yeah, we're ok. Sorry, officer." 

"You ain't in no trouble," The man shook his head, "just wanted to check and see if you had car trouble," he heard the retching and winced, "car sick?" 

"Just got out of the hospital, morphine's not agreeing with him," Mav looked sympathetically.

"Yeah, my son had the same problem after he got his appendix out," he shivered in memory, "You need any water?" 

"We got some," Mav picked up a water bottle from the passenger seat, "Thank you, though." 

"Alrighty," He man pulled up his pants unnecessarily, "how about this. I'll sit out here with ya, pretend to be looking for speeders, and when you're buddy is good to go, I'll escort ya back home so he don't have to wait in this traffic jam." 

"That would be amazing," Mav smiled, just about ready to cry, "Thank you so much." 

"Anything for the navy," He tapped the Navy sticker on Ice's window, which allowed him to drive on base, "retired."

Mav shook the man's hand before watching him walk off. 

It was another 30 before Ice fell asleep in the back of the car and Mav thought it was safe to drive. He flashed his lights at the cop car, letting him know they were ready, before driving behind him with his hazards still on; letting everyone know they were with him. It was the fastest they'd ever gotten home, being able to drive through red lights, and blow stop signs. 

When they got home, the officer nodded at them before driving off. Ice was still passed out in the back and Slider picked him up, holding him close, as they walked into the house. 

"The window looks great, babe," Slider moved his chin towards the previously broken window, "that was fast." 

"yeah well," Mav shrugged, opening the door, "had a lot of practice." 

"It's impressive," Slider walked in and sat Ice down on the couch as he came to, "mornin' sunshine." 

"....home?" Ice opened his eyes and looked around, seeing the perfectly in place window and looked confused, "that was broken." 

"Remember I told you last night that Mav and Wolf fixed it?" 

"...fast," Ice leaned back and sighed, "'s good." 

"Thank you," Mav walked over and kissed the top of his head, "I'm going to draw you a bath, then you can go to bed, ok?" 

Ice just nodded, pulling Slider closer to him. He was just about to fall back asleep when someone knocked on the door, "who?" 

"I don't know, baby," Slider kissed his forehead before walking over to find Wolfman and Hollywood standing on the porch with a big piece of glass, "What is that for?" 

"The coffee table," Hollywood winked before walking into the house and towards the couch, "Hey Ice." 

Ice looked at them confused, "why?" 

"gonna fix the table," Wolfman put a hand on his forehead and frowned, "damn, you gotta bad one, huh?" 

"huh?" 

Wolfman pouted before going back to the table, "you're so cute all sick." 

"you'd never have the courage to say that to him if he was lucid," Slider came over and helped them undo the coffee table.

"No I would not," Wolfman agreed before taking off the top.

Mav came back in, "Bath is ready- hey!" 

"Hey yourself!" Hollywood smiled, "Come help us while Slider puts Ice to bed." 

Mav nodded and came over as Slider picked Ice back up, smiling when he cuddled closer, looking dizzy and confused.

"It's insane how you lift him like he's nothing," Wolfman whistled a bit.

"It's like carrying a couple of grapes," Slider grinned before walking into the bedroom, closing the door behind him. 

"Keep flirting with him and I'll kick your ass," Mav held a screwdriver threateningly. 

"I'm just teasing, Mitchel," Wolfman winked at him, "jealous?" 

Mav pushed him and laughed as he fell against the couch.

-------------------------

Now all clean and in bed, Ice really felt the symptoms of his flu. He was aching all over and he couldn't decide between feeling hot or cold. He knew that he was sweating, but he wanted to set a fire and jump in it, or light himself on a frozen lake. Wait, that isn't right. His mind was so foggy that he was confusing basic things. He knew Slider was talking to him or asking questions, but he couldn't get himself to truly listen, focus, or even form words himself. His mouth felt like cotton, and when he closed his eyes, it was like he was falling. 

"You can't hear me, can you?" Slider chuckled slightly before tucking him in and kissed his forehead, "go to sleep, baby. Close your eyes." He put his hand over Ice's eyes, waiting a second before removing his hand, smiling as Ice had indeed closed his eyes and promptly fell asleep. 

When Slider knew he was asleep, he came back outside to see how they were getting along with the table.

"Looks the same, right?" Mav put his hands on his hips, very pleased with himself.

"That is Ice's department," Slider squinted, "I think it looks great, though." 

"I'll take it," Hollywood stood up and helped Wolfman put it back into the proper place, looking at the indents in the carpet for guidance. 

"He'll love it," Slider came over and gave them all hugs, "thank you so much." 

"Anytime," Wolfman and Hollywood smiled at him, "We were thinkin'-" 

"dangerous," Slider smirked.

"haha," Hollywood rolled his eyes.

"Would you mind if we slept here for a few nights? Give Ice some peace that he's truly safe this time."  Wolfman looked a little nervous.

"I think that would really help," Slider visibly sagged, "Honestly, I'm betting the only reason he's sleeping right now is because of the morphine." 

"We figured the same thing," Hollywood shrugged, "We just want him to be ok." 

"So do we," Mav patted Hollywood's side, "Thank you, really." 

"No worries," Hollywood put an arm around Mav, "we're all family. Family looks out for each other, right Kerner?" 

Slider pulled them all in for a group hug, grinning and shedding happy tears, "Hell yeah they do." 

Awwwwwwwww I love this update! Hollywood and Wolf-man were so kind to want to stay and make sure ice is alright! And the police officer stopping to help 🥰 

15 hours ago, Mygyn said:

Awwwwwwwww I love this update! Hollywood and Wolf-man were so kind to want to stay and make sure ice is alright! And the police officer stopping to help 🥰 

I'm so glad! Thank you XOXOXO

Request: Loved this! Could you do something where another admiral is making Maverick uncomfortable with some comments and Mav doesn’t want to tell Ice because he’s stressed with all of his admiral duties. And then eventually Ice would find out because Mav starts acting weird whenever Ice is in the admiral uniform so Ice punches the other admiral.

Sometimes VIolence is The Answer

Mav was never someone who really cared what other people thought about him. The people who mattered in his life loved him, and everything else was inconsequential. That being said, there was this one admiral who gave Mav the creeps. He was used to getting little comments here and there, people teasing him calling him pretty boy or hot shot, and he knew it was just teasing, but with this man, there was something else to it. 

It wasn't until the admiral let his hand graze his hip that Mav jumped and moved away, "What was that?" 

"What was what, Captain?" The Admiral raised a brow, "I'm just trying to get by." 

"There's a lot of space in this hallway. DId you just try to grab me?" 

"Son, if I tried to grab you," He stepped closer and grabbed his hip, "you would be sure." 

"I was being polite," Mav moved away, "don't grab me." 

"Just proving my point," the Admiral winked and walked away.

This kind of thing went on for weeks before Mav started to freak out. He thought he could handle the stares, winks, but the touching was making him really uncomfortable. He wanted to go to Ice's office and beg him to help him, but Ice was so stressed. Ice pretended to be ok, but he was wearing his glasses more and more at home and eating less and less. Mav was pretty sure he saw Ice pack his glasses today to go to work; so he decided to suck it up. 

When Mav got home, he saw that Ice was fast asleep in the arm chair, glasses still on his face, haphazardly perched on his nose. He saw an abandoned cup of coffee on the table, clearly trying to stay awake but failed. Instead of waking him up, he kissed his forehead and put a blanket around him.

"Hey-" Slider came in and Mav shushed him, gesturing to the sleeping Ice, "oh." Slider smiled and came over, taking the coffee cup, "Order in?" 

"Yeah," Mav sighed and went to go call for a pizza. 

"You ok?" Slider was washing the cup, keeping his voice as low as possible, not wanting to wake up Ice. 

"Just a long day," Mav kissed Slider before placing their usual pizza orders. 

"Think we can get Ice to eat something?" Slider frowned as the pizza arrived.

"What do you mean?" Mav raised a brow and opened the box, "He hasn't had a ED relapse in over a decade." 

Slider's frown deepened, "I know you noticed he didn't eat breakfast." 

"Yeah, but he was rushing out of the house," Mav took a bite of pizza, "he had some big meeting last minute."

"I hope he had lunch." 

"We could ask him," Mav put his pizza down before walking over to the sleeping admiral, "Ice, baby," he gently shook him away, "Hi, cutie. Dinner is ready." 

Ice rubbed his eyes, looking confused when his hands met his glasses, "oh." 

"You feel asleep," Mav kissed his forehead, "come eat something?" 

"ok," Ice took Mav's hand, frowning a bit when Mav went to hold him steady, "I'm ok." 

"Just making sure" Mav kissed his shoulder; still having a habit of steadying him after his cancer.

"I've been in remission for years, Pete," Ice squeezed his hand, "You have to let it go." 

"I know," Mav kissed his hand.

"Pizza?" Ice fixed his glasses and sat down, relaxing when Slider came to stand behind him, forcing Ice to lean into him, "You could have woke me up."

"Nope," Slider kissed forehead, "You were tired." 

"You need to take care of yourself more," Mav put a slice of pizza on Ice's plate and gave him a look.

"The meeting was a breakfast meeting. I promise i've had two meals today so far," He took hte pizza and took a bite, making a big display of eating it and opening his mouth to show he swallowed it.

"Ok," Mav kissed his lips, "I Love you." 

"I love you too," Ice rubbed Mav's side, "What's going on. You're jumpy." 

"Don't read me like that," Mav put his forehead against Ice, "let me take care of you, please?" 

"You've been taking care of me for decades-"

"LIkewise," Mav kissed his lips.

"What's wrong," Slider wrapped an arm around Mav and the other around Ice, "You can tell us anything." 

"Just had some trouble with an admiral, it's nothing." 

"Normal trouble?" 

"no," Mav shrugged, "he just doesn't like me. It's getting to me a little," He lied.

"Aw Mav," Slider kissed his head, frowning, while Ice looked like he didn't believe it for a second but let it go.

"Can we just eat and watch a movie tonight?" 

"Whatever you want," Slider moved his chin up to kiss his lips, "Shower first?" 

"Yeah," Mav tugged on Ice's pants, "I can't wait to take this off ya," He winked, but really the admiral uniform was freaking him out. 

"Food first," Slider looked at both of them, "You both need to eat at least two slices." 

"When have I ever eaten less?" Mav looked mock offended before finishing off his first piece.

"Just setting some ground rules," Slider kissed Ice, seeing him look a little apprehensive. 

----------------------------

The following morning, Mav came out of the bedroom, "Good mor-" he paused and flinched when he saw Ice in his uniform, before righting himself, "Morning." 

Of course Ice saw it and frowned deeply, "Pete?" 

Mav put on a smile, "You just look so sexy, I stopped breathing." 

The frown deepened, "What's going on, Pete." 

"Ya know, it's really unfair with your glasses. They magnify the look and it's impossible to look away," Mav came over and hugged Ice, "I fucking love and hate these damn glasses." 

"I can't help it," Ice kissed the top of his head, "I want to see you." 

"You're that tired?" he frowned and looked up at him, hand coming up to touch Ice's cheek, "your eyes look red." 

"Didn't sleep so well," He kissed Mav's lips, "tell me what's going on." 

"If I do, will you call in sick?" 

Ice gave him a look.

"Worth a shot," Mav looked down, "Admiral Larens." 

"I know him," Ice nodded.

"He's been," Mav took a breathe, "making passes at me. He um.. grabbed my ass yesterday.."

"What?!" Slider came out from the bedroom, "I'm going to kill this guy." 

Ice shook his head, "I will handle this."

"Please don't," Mav bit his cheek, "It's his word against mine." 

"No," Ice's brow furrowed, "It will be mine and yours against him. I will fix this."

"You've got so much going on-"

"This takes precedence." 

"Damn right it does," Slider cracked his knuckles, "Let me talk to him." 

"I said I will handle this," Ice raised his brows, "Violence will only make things worse." 

"Fine," Slider sighed and poured some coffee, "I'm going to the gym." 

"Try not to kill the punching bags," Mav squeezed Slider's hand, "i'm ok."

Slider looked at him for a minute before nodding, "Fine." 

-----------------------------------

Ice got to the office and was relieved to see the admiral in his office, sitting down, "Admiral Larens, we need to talk." 

"Good Morning, sir," He stood up and shook Ice's hand, "You look like you need a break." 

"So I've been told," Ice gestured for him to sit, but kept standing himself, "I know you've been making some passes at Captain Mitchel, including grabbing him from... behind?" 

The Admiral chuckled slightly before shaking his head and standing up to close the door, "Can you blame me, I know you're getting some." 

"Excuse me?" 

"I've seen you get a little handsy with Captain Mitchell."

"He is my boyfriend, and it is consensual," Ice started to get angry, "He has asked you to stop." 

"But his eyes say different. You know what i'm talking about. That look he gives," he moaned, "He's begging for it."

Ice clenched his fist, "you will be written up for this. I expect your office to be cleared out by the end of today." 

"Come on, Kazansky," He walked closer, "you know someone's gotta take care of that man," he looked at Ice up and down, "ever since your cancer, and congratulations on remission by the way, you're just not the same as you once were. You're weak. You still look sick-" 

Ice couldn't help himself and he decked the man so hard he fell to the floor and clearly passed out for a moment, "Did that feel weak to you?" 

The door opened and some security came in that Ice had brought with him, "You have a disciplinary hearing now. Like I said, I expect your things out by end of day. I hope to never see your face here again, do you understand?" 

The admiral sheepishly nodded before being escorted out of the building. 

In that moment, Maverick rounded the corner, raising his brows at the scene in front of him. The admiral was being whisked away and his boyfriend was flexing his hand like it hurt.

Mav came over to him, "are you ok?" He took Ice's hand and frowned at how red it was, "did you hit something?"

"Someone," Ice swallowed thickly, "Guess i'm not quite ready for that, yet." 

"Tell that to his face-" the guy realized who he was responding to and stood up, "Sir, sorry, sir." 

"At ease," Ice chuckled, "thank you." 

"it was a great punch, sir," the man was still tense, "very impressive." 

"He is very, very impressive," Mav kissed his knuckles, "Kid, I think the admiral could use some Ice." 

The kid sprinted, and Ice rolled his eyes, "Am I really that scary?" 

"Yes," Mav pulled him closer, "It's very sexy." 

"Not at work," Ice looked around to see a lot of people pretending not to notice.

"Thank you." 

Ice relented and kissed Mav, "Always, baby."

Poor Mav. Getting hit on when you say no is no fun! It was nice to see how protective Ice was over Mav!! As always an amazing update!

4 hours ago, Mygyn said:

Poor Mav. Getting hit on when you say no is no fun! It was nice to see how protective Ice was over Mav!! As always an amazing update!

Thank you OXOXOX

Request: also i will request either ice going to an allergist and getting help 😭😭 or slider getting sick and ice helping him and mav being chaotic trying to cook soup

Both feels right ;) 

Soup Du Saster 

"Babe, you're going to be late!" Slider yelled from the couch, immediately coughing harshly into his elbow.

"I'm going," Ice came out with his jacket, "Are you sure you're ok handling him alone?" 

"I'll be fine," Mav pushed Ice towards the door, "Go to your appointment before you're late." 

"I'll only be gone an hour-" he was pushing against Mav, not quite ready to walk out the door yet, "Two tops. Maybe you should wait for me to start the soup-"

Mav got him out the door, "I've got it, just go!" 

"Call me if something happens!" Ice called from the car before driving off to his allergy appointment. He had been getting sick more often than he should and his doctor recommended seeing an allergist to see if there was another reason. Unfortunately, the day before his appointment, Slider began to run a fever. Ice had done everything to prepare to not be around for a few hours (god he hoped it would be quick), even writing out how to fix any possible mistake Mav could make with the soup.

Once Ice was out of the house, Mav began to make the soup, "I can do this, it's just soup." 

"Says the man who burnt grilled cheese," Slider laughed before coughing again.

"That was a long time ago," Mav tried to convince himself he was better, "I've been watching Ice." 

"Maybe his ass."

"Not helpful," Mav glared before putting the pot on the stove and turning it on, "Is medium too high?" 

"I dunno, check Ice's list." 

"Right.. recipe," He looked around and in his panic, spilled tea all over the handwritten recipe, "Shit shit shit." 

"How did you fuck it up already?" Slider peered over the couch, "You spilled on the recipe, didn't you."

"Help, please?" 

"ok," Slider got up and put the recipe over the lamp, hoping it would dry and not smudge too much, "Maybe you should wait for Ice." 

"No, I gotta show him I can do this."

"You can show him when he's here to help you," Slider stretched.

"No, I can do this.." He pulled out the broth, "I warm this up first, right?" 

"Ice usually chops stuff up first," Slider sat down on the counter and put his head in his hands, "Start there?" 

"Chop what?" 

"HETSChew!" Slider turned to the side, sneezing openly before sighing and rubbed his face, "uhm.. Onions, Carrots, Celery. You know vegetables." 

"I don't see any Onions in the fridge-"

"It's on the counter, Pete," Slider rubbed his forehead, "Now I know why Ice always gets those headaches." 

"Do you have a headache?" Mav turned around, closing the fridge, "Do you want some tylenol?" 

"Yeah," Slider put his head on the counter, "I want to sleep." 

"I need you to stay awake and help me with this," Mav put a cup of coffee down in front of Slider before handing him the medicine, "pretty please?" 

"Fine," Slider took the meds and downed the coffee, "But i'm not getting up from this chair."

"Wouldn't dream of it," Mav kissed his forehead before getting a knife and cutting board before looking quizzically at the onion, "how do you cut this?" 

"Jesus Christ," Slider face palmed.

----------------------

Ice had been surprised with how quick he was shown to see a doctor, glad to see no one in the waiting room. Now he was sitting in a chair as someone stuck what felt like a million needles in his arm. It was kind of a strange feeling. It should hurt, but the rhythmic motion of it, the woman uncapping the needle, puncturing his skin, taking it out, putting it back in the cap, and repeat, was making him very sleepy. He stifled a yawn into his arm and blushed when the woman looked at him.

"Long week?" 

"Sorry," Ice rubbed his eyes, "this is strangely.." 

"Soothing?" The woman chuckled, "I'm the same way. In med school we used each other to practice putting in IVs, so you get used to needles." 

"I've been trying to stay awake worried you'd think i'd fainted." 

"That does happen a lot here," She smiled and finished his arm, "one more set on your upper arm, then i'll check back in in about 30 minutes to see what pops up. You can nod off,  I won't judge." 

"I might take you up on that offer," he looked down, "This is the most relaxed i've been in a while."

"That is a relief to here," She smiled before standing, "you can imagine we don't get that here much." 

Ice nodded before leaning his head against the wall falling fast asleep.

-----------------

"Take the pot off the stove!" Slider jumped up and grabbed oven mits before moving the pot off and turning off the heat, "wave some towels in the air or something-" Slider started coughing and stepped away from the burning mess.

"Ice is going to kill me," Mav was waving towels in the air, hoping to dissipate the smoke and not cause the fire alarm to go off. 

As if reading his mind, the fire alarm goes off, making both of them jump.

"Open the windows!" Slider ran to open the door, hoping some circulation would cut it off.

"God my eyes!" Mav took the pan and threw it out of the open window, wanting to burnt onions to be out of his space.

"I told you to watch the onions!" 

"I was!" Mav opened every window and turned on every fan in the house, "It didn't look like it was browning then all of a sudden they were black and smoking!"

Slider walked out side of the house, coughing so hard he threw up in the bushes.

"aw, honey," Mav frowned and walked outside, rubbing his back, "Sorry." 

"'s fine," Slider rubbed his eyes, "You know Ice is getting that call, right?" 

"Fuck!" 

--------------------------

Ice was just getting into his car, planning on getting some treats for the boys for behaving, when he got a phone call he dreaded from the fire department. 

"WHAT?!" Ice freaked out and started the car, "I'm not home, but Ron Kerner is. Can you call him? I'm driving home now." 

-------------------------

Slider's phone went off and he answered it, "hello-? Yes, Everything's fine, we just burnt some food. How do I turn it off?" He listened before grabbing a chair and standing on it, turning off the fire alarm, "Everyone's fine, we are just really bad at cooking. Thank you so much." He hung up and walked back out side of the house, "Ice is gonna kill you." 

"Tell me something I don't know," Mav took the pot that was still smoking and threw it in the garbage bin, "I'll buy him a new one." 

"I'm taking nap," Slider coughed and went towards their backyard, settling in the hammock and promptly passing out.

It wasn't another 30 minutes before Ice pulled into the driveway and running towards the house, hugging Maverick tightly, "are you ok? Where's Ron?" 

"Backyard," Mav held Ice tight, "There wasn't a fire, I just burned some onions so the house is airing out." 

"Oh thank god," Ice put his forehead on Mav's shoulder, "No one's hurt?" 

"Only the onions," Mav kissed Ice's cheek before taking his hand and moving him towards the backyard to find a snoring Slider in the hammock, "see, alive." 

"I told you to wait for me," Ice pinched the bridge of his nose, "at least no one was hurt." 

"I will clean up the mess once we can go back inside," Mav pulled Ice down to sit on the bench, "how did the appointment go." 

Ice rolled up his sleeves to show the sharpie marks and bumps, "A little more than I expected, but not surprising." 

"ouch," Mav frowned and bit his bottom lip, "that looks painful." 

"It's not, more itchy," Ice scrunched his nose up, "Especially my left arm." 

"That one have the grass patch?" Mav took that arm and winced with how read and blotchy it was, "shit." 

"That arm burns," he sighed, "She gave me cream for it, but It's driving me insane." 

Mav took the bag from Ice and took the cream, massaging it into Ice's arms, "What's this welt on your right arm?" 

"Cats," Ice sniffed and rubbed his nose on his shoulder, "She want me to come back next month for a more specific test on my back." 

"Did she at least give you some medicine?"

"Yeah," he sniffed again before turning into his shoulder, "tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-chiew-chiew-kiew-kiew-kiew!" 

"Bless," Mav read the label and frowned, "This just looks like extra strength allegra." 

"Kinda all I can do right now," he cleared his throat, "until we do the specific test. Then I can get shots to help get my immune system more prepared." 

Slider moved in his hammock and fell out of it, startling him awake, "what-?!" 

"You ok?" Mav tried not to laugh.

"I'm good," he got up and rubbed his face, "i'm so tired." 

"Im sorry, baby," Ice pulled Slider closer to them and had him sit down so he could lay against Ice's chest, "Try to sleep again." 

"Tests go okay?" Slider sniffed and cleared his throat, burying his face in Ice's chest. 

"Yeah," Ice ran his fingers through his hair, "try to get some sleep. We'll wake you up when we can go inside." 

---------------------------------------

It was almost nightfall before Mav said it was safe to come back inside. The house still smelled like onions, but they weren't suffocating and Mav had cleaned up the kitchen. Slider had gone to take a shower, pulling Ice with him, wanting to get the pollen off of Ice and check on his tests. 

When they got in the shower, Slider took Ice's hands and inspected each one, seeing how bad Ice was reacting, "The grass one is really irritated." 

"I didn't want to freak Mav out, but my eyes were a bit swollen after that one," he rubbed his eyes, "I told Mav my eyes were red because i'm tired." 

"Damn," Slider touched his face, "anything else?" 

"I don't want to talk about this right now," Ice yawned, "can you let me take care of you, for once?" 

"oh how the tables have turned," Slider sniffed and pulled Ice in for a hug, "Next appointment, I'm coming with you." 

"Ok." 

"I'm sorry I couldn't go-"

"You're sick!" Ice held him tighter, "Besides, It was fine. I ended up taking a little nap." 

"Passed out kind of nap?" Slider looked worried.

"No, I was just really tired and fell asleep waiting."

"Then we are both heading to bed after this shower," Slider kissed his forehead, "I think we could all use a fresh start." 

"Especially Maverick," Ice sighed, "He tried so hard."

"To burn the house down, definitely," Slider teased before turning away, "HETDSch!" 

"Bless you," Ice rubbed his side, a little surprised when Slider didn't turn back around.

"HEADschiew!..hih..HAGHshuh." 

"Bless you," Ice frowned and felt Slider's forehead, "alright?" 

"I'm fine," he sniffed and turned around, "Just ready to call it a day." 

"ok," Ice turned off the water and kissed Slider's lips, "Let's get you dried off and into some warm clothes." 

Slider watched as Ice grabbed a towel, ignoring himself and rubbed his down, "Babe, I'm not that sick." 

"I heard you groan getting out of bed this morning," Ice raised a brow.

"You got me there," he shrugged, "Kinda achy." 

"Do you want a heating pad?" 

"No," Slider wrapped his arms around Ice and grabbed a new towel, rubbing Ice down, "I just want you two in bed, now." 

"fine," Ice kissed his nose.

"sweatpants? Or naked?" Mav was standing there with clothing opens for both of them.

"I'm cold," Slider took the sweatpants and sweatshirt, putting it on, "maybe i'll sweat this fever out tonight." 

"and if you don't, we have all day tomorrow to break it," Mav gave Ice some clothes, "but for now, get in bed before Ice falls asleep standing." 

They all crawled into bed, Ice instantly falling asleep when his head hit the pillow. Slider held him from behind, loving how perfect he fit against him, and falling asleep just as quickly. Mav was the only one still up, taking some time to appreciate the beautiful men sleeping with him. He kissed both of their heads before falling asleep, so damn grateful for them. 

I loved all of these! I wanted to punch that admiral so much for what he did to maverick and I loved reading that Ice got to. Amazing as always and the last one with slider sick and Ice with his allergies just was so good. Ice with his itchy fits are one of my new favorite things and anytime I get to read about it I feel such excitement. Incredible job as always and I can’t wait to read more!