Sneeze Fetish Forum

Top Gun (Mav x ice)

RemedyBane

47 minutes ago, RemedyBane said:

You and @Mygyn have given me so much support and love that even if i don't have request going, feel free. I owe you two a lot. I probably wouldn't continue this as fervently as I do without yall.)

🥰 @RemedyBane your the best seriously love your writing and am grateful you continue to do so! 

this update was super emotional and was amazing to read and see ice stand up for himself! Thanks for sharing! 

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RemedyBane

• Mygyn

• Wolfwings22

• Loverofreading

Sorry this is so short. I'm tipsy and this just came to my mind for no reason once so ever. 

7 hours ago, Mygyn said:

🥰 @RemedyBane your the best seriously love your writing and am grateful you continue to do so! 

this update was super emotional and was amazing to read and see ice stand up for himself! Thanks for sharing! 

Always happy to share, my love XOXO

4 hours ago, Loverofreading said:

Sorry I’ve been away a while, but I love these updates! 😀

Absolutely no worries! Thank you for reading XOXO

Vacation

Mav knew he was in trouble the second he got a text from ice saying :that didn't go well.  he drove home, already dreading seeing the disappointed look in Ice's eyes and Slider fussing over Ice's blood pressure. After all the chemo sessions Ice went through, his body is still really weak and sick, and he's been catching cold after cold. He mentally kicked himself for adding an extra thing to stress out about. He pulled into the driveway, seeing the door was cracked open a bit, Slider clearly having left it open for easy access.

Mav walked into the house, frowning when he saw that the kettle was on the stove and cold medicine was sitting on the counter, "he's sick again?" 

"He can't help it, Mav," Slider rubbed his face and went to make a cup of tea, "but you know Ice, he's pushing through. Pretending everything's fine." 

"So he's working?" Mav went to grab the honey for Ice's tea, "He needs to rest." 

"He's tired of resting," Slider stopped and leaned against the counter, "HE won't even use the chair." 

"Is he using the cain at least?" 

"yeah," Slider nodded and closed his eyes.

"You look exhausted," Mav came closer and pulled Slider in for a hug.

"It's hard to sleep. Every time he coughs I feel like i'm about to lose him." 

"He's going to be ok," Mav rubbed his back, "He's Ice. He's always ok." 

Ice walked into the kitchen, cane in hand, looking like he'd lost more weight since Mav left the house this morning, "you're home." 

"Ice, you should be in bed," Mav let go of Slider.

"We should all be in bed," Ice pulled his robe better around himself, "Ron, honey, you've been so busy caring for me, you haven't cared about yourself," He looked at Maverick, "and you. I know you're frustrated and angry with the world. I know that's why you pushed it too far today and crashed the plane. I"m not mad," he turned his head to cough slightly, "I think we could all use a day off, and just.. be together?" 

"You have Chemo tomorrow, honey," Slider came closer and wrapped his arms around Ice, kissing his head, "remember?" 

"right, i'm sorry," Ice sighed, "I can't believe I forgot." 

"you've got a lot on your mind right now," Mav came closer and joined the hug, "But I think we could all use a few days off. A week even." 

"You want a week off?" Slider looked suspicious.

"yeah," Mav smiled at them, "let's go on vacation together, and just forget about the world for a little bit? After chemo, of course." 

Ice pulled away, scrunching his nose up, "You both need a break, especially from me." 

"hell no," Mav pulled Ice close, frowning at how he could feel his ribs, "i'm not going anywhere without you." 

"you'll never get any rest." 

"Slider would literally go insane if he didn't know where you were every second of every day." 

"That's true," Slider held both of them, "We can go to my family's beach house for the week?" 

"sounds wonderful," Ice kissed Slider's lips, "You can finally read that book your brother sent you." 

"I forgot about that," slider pressed his lips in a thin line, "What about your cold?" 

"I don't feel any worse than I always do," He rubbed his nose, clearly fighting off an itch, "and if I don't feel well, i'm more than capable of taking care of myself for a few hours." 

"But you shouldn't have to-" 

"I know I don't have to," Ice shushed Slider with another kiss, "but you shouldn't have to spend every day of your life taking care of me. You need a break to, love." 

"Then it's settled," Mav grinned, "I'll pack our bags," he ran off to do that.

"I should go help him," Slider sighed, but made no move to leg go of Ice, "are you sure you feel ok?" 

"I feel fine," He kissed Slider's cheek, "besides, I think it's allergies and not a cold." 

-------------------------------

Slider refused to let Ice carry anything, not even his own towel. He was so concerned that Ice would get tired and faint, that he also held Mav's stuff so Mav could stand at the ready, and hold Ice's arm. Of course, Ice was doing just fine without any help, making good time considering his physical state. Slider only relaxed when they made it to the water's edge and he could sit Ice down in a chair, covered with an umbrella.

"you ok?" Slider took Ice's pulse and was surprised with how calm it was.

"I'm great," Ice kissed Slider's hand before letting him go, "will you please relax and have some fun?" 

Mav took the opportunity to pull Slider by the arm towards the water, laughing as Slider picked him up and threw him in the  water as retaliation for splashing him. 

Ice watched from his chair, smiling as his boyfriends played. It was the first time in months that he felt happy and at peace at the same time. He hadn't really noticed when he fell asleep, but it was probably the most restful sleep he'd had since his diagnosis. Ice was only woken up when he heard Mav sit down next to him, opening his eyes and looked at his boyfriend.

"have a nice nap," Mav was kissing along his arm, making him giggle, "yeah. How was the water?" 

"Why don't we show you?" Slider was suddenly there and picking him up.

"you know my legs work, right?" he kissed Slider, "i'd love to go in the water with you." 

"Good," Mav took Ice's hand, "Because you no longer have a choice." 

"oh boy," Ice smiled, hidden behind his hand as he rubbed his nose, stifling a small fit of 6.

"bless you, cutie," Slider kissed his nose, watching him twitch, "you wanna walk?" 

"no," Ice sighed and leaned into him, "I much prefer to be in your arms." He ran his hand up and down Slider's chest, feeling his muscles.

"ya know, this beach is completely empty," Mav raised a brow, "no one around if you wanted to-" He let it hang in the air.

"I don't think-" Slider looked at Ice, trying to see how much energy Ice really had.

"I thought you'd never suggest," Ice nudged Slider to let him down, now being the one to pull Slider into the water, "i'm ok, really." 

"you look better than fine to me," Mav winked before walking in with Ice, already kissing his shoulders.

"yeah.. ok," Slider took Ice in his hands and kissed him deeply, realizing this was still his Ice. He tasted the same, felt the same, and loved him the same. Why treat him like he was a dead man before he's dead. 

---------------------------------------

It was the last day of their trip when they got the phone call that the Chemo was working but they wanted to do an operation to remove the tumor. they were hopeful that Ice would become cancer free and he'd survive the surgery. 

Slider broke down on the phone and had to let Ice handle it, being the only one of them who was calm. HE thanked the doctor and they scheduled the surgery for the next day.

"I Told you it would all be ok," Ice held his boyfriends and kissed them a million times, "i'm not going anywhere for a very long time."

"you better not," Mav started unbuttoning Ice's jeans, "I think celebration is in order."

"For once, I agree with Maverick," Slider started to kiss Ice again, "I'm so fucking proud of you." 

"be proud later, Fuck now," Mav grinned and went down on Ice.

Slider grinned and kissed along Ice's neck, leaving hickies this time, "That I can do."

That last story had me feeling so many emotions and I just loved it so much! These drabbles definitely found me just when I needed them so to see you updating them so frequently and giving us just such rich and heartfelt stories is something that I can never thank you enough for. The way you write sick/scared Ice literally melts my heart every time and seeing Mav and Slider comfort him always just reminds me how good people can be. It’s probably pretty corny but I reread all of these at least a couple times a day if not over a dozen just because of how good they are and how they make me feel. You are incredible as always and I can’t wait to see what you have in store for them next! 

I know I mostly only know these characters through you, but I really liked the one with Hollywood and Wolfman.

Edited by MyOwnPrivateSFC
Fixed character’s name
On 8/1/2022 at 9:27 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

That last story had me feeling so many emotions and I just loved it so much! These drabbles definitely found me just when I needed them so to see you updating them so frequently and giving us just such rich and heartfelt stories is something that I can never thank you enough for. The way you write sick/scared Ice literally melts my heart every time and seeing Mav and Slider comfort him always just reminds me how good people can be. It’s probably pretty corny but I reread all of these at least a couple times a day if not over a dozen just because of how good they are and how they make me feel. You are incredible as always and I can’t wait to see what you have in store for them next! 

So i'm crying into my dinner rn. You don't have to thank me. I love writing these stories for yall and my heart explodes when I see how much you all like them. XO I love you so much. you write some of the most heartfelt comments i've ever received and everytime you comment i'm already tearing up. 

15 hours ago, MyOwnPrivateSFC said:

I know I mostly only know these characters through you, but I really liked the one with Hollywood and Wolfman.

glad i could bring you over to the darkside! Thank you for reading and commenting XO

1 hour ago, Mygyn said:

I enjoyed this update! Thank you for sharing! 

Thank you for reading and commenting XO

Crash

Ice wasn't really surprised when he got the "come get me" text from Maverick. This wasn't the first time something went wrong enough that he needed help. Usually, it was after some girl he hooked up with didn't want him around anymore. Ice was used to it and genuinely didn't mind. He was a good listener and he liked to drive. This time, however, he wasn't too keen on driving, but did so anyway as Maverick followed up that first text with: "crashed by bike." 

That had gotten Ice so worried he ran to his car and sped to his location, thankfully seeing Maverick in one piece. He sighed and pulled over, turning off the car and getting out, "are you alright?" 

"Yeah," Maverick rubbed the back of his head, "i'm not hurt. Some asshole tried to side swipe me and it was either get hit at 60 miles an hour or go off road and jump off in the grass." 

Ice stopped coming closer at the last comment, but tried not to show his discomfort, "did you hit your head?" 

"no," Mav gestured to the helmet on the ground a few feet from them, "I promise I was wearing protection," he shrugged, "thanks for coming, Ice." 

"always," Ice moved over to the helmet, careful not to touch the grass in the process, picking it up, "shit, Pete." 

"that's your worried tone," Mav came closer and put a hand on his lower back, "i'm ok, see?" He took off his jacket and did a little spin, showing Ice he had no cuts, "might have some bruises later, but nothing a little Ice can't help," he grinned at the pun.

"I take that you're inviting yourself to sleep on my couch?" Ice scrunched his nose up, looking back at the scratched up helmet.

"I've learned from experience, you're not gonna let me go anywhere until you're sure I don't have a concussion." 

"true," He sighed, "Think you can help me get your bike in the truck?" 

"yeah," Mav took Ice's hand, frowning when Ice pulled back quickly, "what?" 

"sorry," Ice wiped his hand on his pants, internally freaking out that he was going to break out in hives later, "just not in the mood to be touched right now." He lied. He wanted to hug Mav so bad, feeling for himself that he was really ok.

"my bad," Mav pulled his hands behind his back, "i think i'm still on the adrenaline rush. I didn't realize." 

"don't worry about it," Ice carefully started walking, "just having a weird day." 

"you're telling me," Mav agreed and followed him, realizing Ice was following his motor tracks, "It's not far. I hit an old tree stump and lost control up ahead." 

"Jesus." 

"Stop sounding so worried, I'm here and talking, aren't i?" 

"I hate your bikes," Ice rubbed his nose before moved a little bit away and sneezing into his elbow, "Etsch-etsch-etsch-etsch-eitsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itschiew!" 

Mav grinned, "you're so cute." 

"most people just say 'bless you'." 

"you're clearly already bless," Mav gestured to himself, "I'm standing right here." 

Ice just rolled his eyes fondly and kept walking, frowning when he saw where the bike landed, "of all the places, Mitchel..." 

"aand now i'm trouble?" Mav walked closer, "it's just in some tall grass. I missed the mud!" 

"yes, yes you did," He swallowed thickly and just moved closer, "can you pull it out?" 

"Ice, just grab the back," Mav didn't understand why Ice was so upset about the placement.

Ice muttered something to himself before walking in the grass, already feeling itchy, and grabbed the bike, picking it on when Mav said '3'. It wasn't as heavy as Ice expected it to be, but he still wished Slider was here. Now that he was thinking about Slider, he had no idea how he was going to hide his allergic reaction when he came by tonight for dinner, "fuck." 

"you ok?" Mav was worried he's banged into Ice or something.

"yeah," Ice frowned then shook his head, "actually no, put it down." 

Mav nodded and put the bike down, a little confused as they were really close to the car. That was, until he saw Ice walk away again and lift his shirt collar over his face, "bless you!" Mav said this time before he even sneezed, earning him a half hearted middle finger thrusted his way. 

"hih-Haschiew!" Ice bent over slightly, the first sneeze stronger than normal and throwing him off balance, "aschiew-haschiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew." Ice coughed a bit before coming up for air. 

"that was 20," Mav looked a bit shocked, " I don't think i've ever heard you sneeze more than 15. You feeling ok?" 

"i'm great," he said slightly sarcastically and picked up his end of the bike again, "let's just get this thing on before-" he quickly rubbed his nose on his shoulder, clearly suppressing the urge to sneeze.

"ice-" Mav was shut up when Ice started moving, "ok, then." 

They finally put the motorcycle in the back before Ice started sneezing again, completely suppressing the fit in his elbow.

Mav rubbed his back, ignoring the previous 'don't touch me orders', "are you getting sick?" 

Ice cleared his throat, "something like that," he sniffed and sighed, "you're driving." 

"no shit," Mav turned Ice towards him and noticing his eyes looked a little watery and red, "are you having an allergy attack, right now?" 

Ice just handed him the keys and went to get into the passenger seat. 

It took Mav a few minutes to figure out what was bothering Ice so much, finally realizing why Ice was so upset about the bike being stuck in the -" grass!" He slammed in the breaks, scaring the shit out of Ice and getting honked at from other confused drivers, "you're allergic to grass!" 

"Mitchell, you better not have just stopped traffic to announce that obvious fact," Ice still looked stunned.

"Why the hell didn't you say something!" 

"What would that do?" Ice was holding back another sneeze, shaking his head as the tickle faded.

"I could have called someone else!" 

"like who?" Ice sniffed and tried not to start sneezing again, "besides, how could I have known you crashed in grass? I thought your bike was scattered across some road." 

Mav parked the car and put the hazards on, "I scared you, didn't I?" 

"Slamming the breaks at an intersection? of course that scared me!" Ice threw up his hands in frustration, "Will you just drive before we get into more trouble?"

"no until you tell me why you let me drag you into grass, knowing you'd get sick?" Mav grabbed one of Ice's hands and pulled up the sleeve, "shit, Ice." He looked at the hives moving up his arm.

"Mav, please drive." 

"not until you explain." 

"If you don't start driving, i'm going to walk home," Ice was avoiding eye contact, actually picking up his stuff, getting ready to hop out.

"ok ok," Mav locked the doors, "i'll drive," he reluctantly began moving the car, but keeping the speed limit, "why won't you tell me?" 

"tell you what?" Ice cleared his throat again, "That I care about you? That you're my friend and I want you to be safe?" 

"That explains why you came here," Mav flipped the bird to some guy who was clearly screaming out the window about his previous stunt.

"You love that stupid bike," Ice coughed a bit, worrying Mav, "I knew you'd never sleep until you got your bike back. I couldn't leave it there and listen to you pout all night." 

"i'm going to take that answer because you're sick." 

"and it's the right answer?" 

"I'm sure it's a part of the answer," Mav pulled into Ice's driveway, "but we can figure that second part out after we take a shower." 

"I'm going first," Ice opened the car door and sighed.

"or we could just shower together," Mav opened the front door with Ice's keys, only to stand in the doorway and watch as Ice's face went from shocked to scared to confused, "the reason you went into the grass for me," He came closer and pulled Ice in by his shirt, "Is because you love me." 

"excuse me?" 

"I love you to, dummy," Mav moved in and kissed Ice, feeling Ice relax and kiss him back only moments after, smiling into the other's mouth. 

mav wasn't the least surprised or upset when Ice pulled away, an apologetic look on his face before moving a few paces away, sneezing into his elbow, "Engxt-chiew-engt-chiew-ingxt-chiew-" 

"just sneeze, babe," Mav came closer and wrapped his arms around him, "stop holding them back." 

"Etsscheiw-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew!" 

"seriously can't believe you didn't notice I like you too. You're the most observant person I know," Mav kissed his shoulder.

"I thought I was wrong," Ice stifled four into his wrist, sighing when he was done, "You did have me pick you up from girl's houses all the time." 

"yeah, I can see why that was wierd," he rubbed Ice's side when the taller man sneezed again, "I think I kept calling you because.. I wasn't satisfied? I just couldn't be satisfied unless you were there." 

"Glad to hear you think about me when you have sex with women," Ice rolled his eyes.

"you know that's not what I meant-" 

"Oh, what the fuck, Mitchel!" Slider was suddenly standing there, looking angry at Maverick.

For a second, Mav thought he was genuinly pissed that Mav was kissing Ice.

"What happened?" Slider came closer to Ice and touched his cheek, "shit, have you taken medicine yet?" 

"dno," Ice sniffed a bit pathetically, constant sneezing making him congested.

Slider glared at Mav again, "You couldn't have waited to give your love confession until after he took a shower?" He pulled Ice in to the house and stripped Ice of his jacket, "and you're covered in hives. What did you do, Maverick? Jump his bones in the woods?" 

"Crashed my motorcycle.. in the grass." 

"of course you did," Slider sighed and felt Ice's forehead, "aaaand you're warm. Shower, now." 

Ice nodded and went to the shower, coughing the entire way there. 

Slider turned to maverick, stopping him in his tracks, "if you hurt him, even a little bit." 

"I know, you'll kill me." 

"no," Slider pinned Maverick to the wall, "i'm going to make you wish I did." 

"ya know, I get this talk a lot," Mav cleared his throat, "and you are the only person I actually believe." 

"good," Slider let him go, "now shower before you make Ice go into shock." 

Mav looked up concerned, "he's that allergic?" 

"Never let him get this sick before," Slider slapped Mav upside the head, "what were you thinking?" 

Mav winced, "that i've wanted to kiss Ice for a long time and I couldn't take it any longer?" 

"so you choose your dick before my pilot," Slider took a breathe, "you, shower in the guest room." 

"but-"

"Now," Slider growled at him, making Maverick run to the guest room. When he was gone, he went to the bathroom where Ice was and knocked before walking in, "you ok?" 

"why was Maverick running?" Ice pulled the shower door open a little so he could hear Slider better.

"I persuaded him to take a shower elsewhere." 

"persuaded or threatened?" Ice leaned against the wall, giving his RIO a once over.

"depends how you look at it," Slider came closer, taking off his shoes and coming inside the shower, fully clothed.

"You're clothes-" Ice started laughing, "I promise i'm ok." 

Slider put both hands on Ice's cheeks and kissed him, grinning when Ice kissed back, "i'll be the judge of that." 

"you're going to be so uncomfortable," Ice pulled at Slider's jeans, "babe." 

"I'm barely wet," he kissed him again, "when you come out i'll help you with the rashes. But Maverick? That I can't help you with." 

"You were the one who said he should join us," Ice raised a brow, "I was against it." 

"I like confrontation," Slider kissed him again, "besides, you know I like to watch." 

Ice started to unbutton Slider's jeans, "stay." 

"is that an order?" 

"Stay," Ice tugged at his jeans again.

Slider took off his pants and threw them outside the shower, "ok." 

I am absolutely in love with this last one! The way that Ice abandons everything to come to Mav’s aid and then helping him get that bike out of the grass even though it sets off his allergies just is so adorable! I’ve already reread this story about a dozen times and enjoy it more and more every time (which I didn’t even know was possible because the first time I read it I thought I was already in love with it). Ice with his rapid sneezing fits and Mav concerned for it is quickly becoming one of my favorite tropes. This story was pure perfection! 

I liked this one a lot, too.

On 8/2/2022 at 9:15 PM, Mygyn said:

This one hit the feels! I love how ice sacrificed for Mav and gave in and helped him get his bike! 

Glad you liked it! XO

On 8/3/2022 at 6:38 AM, Wolfwings22 said:

I am absolutely in love with this last one! The way that Ice abandons everything to come to Mav’s aid and then helping him get that bike out of the grass even though it sets off his allergies just is so adorable! I’ve already reread this story about a dozen times and enjoy it more and more every time (which I didn’t even know was possible because the first time I read it I thought I was already in love with it). Ice with his rapid sneezing fits and Mav concerned for it is quickly becoming one of my favorite tropes. This story was pure perfection! 

Ice is just really that kinda guy, huh lol. I just love writing Maverick learning about all of Ice's vulnerabilities. This man put Ice on such a pedestal that he can barely handle the info that Ice has weaknesses. I love them all so much. Thank you for reading XOXO

On 8/3/2022 at 10:03 AM, MyOwnPrivateSFC said:

I liked this one a lot, too.

Im so glad! XOXO

Have a tiny drabble to hold you all over. My new job has had me working some late hours, so i'm very sorry about not being as quick with these drabbles as I usually do. Thank you for your patience and support XO

Relaxed

Ice was just minding his own business, relaxing on the couch and reading a book while Slider watched some sports game Ice was paying zero attention to. The only way he had any idea of the state of the game was the difference in Slider's heart rate and excited gasps. Sometimes Slider would unconsciously squeeze Ice when something was close to happening; bad or good. It didn't upset him in the slightest. He loved how passionate Slider got, and besides, he was leaning against the man's chest. 

His allergies had been bothering him for the last few days, eyes constantly watery and irritated, so he was wearing glasses. While he normally didn't need glasses at all, but during spring, if he didn't take his medicine in time, his vision got a little blurry when he tried to read. He hated them so much, as the pressure on top of his nose just irritated him further. He was so tired of sneezing that he was just stifling them into oblivion. No one would be able to tell that he was even sneezing, it was so quiet, except the Slider had his hand right on Ice's diaphragm; feeling every hitch and especially every sneeze. 

Thankfully, instead of blessing him every single time, he just kissed his shoulder or the back of his head, rubbing his stomach until Ice stop being so tense. Maverick, on the other hand, wasn't so subtle. 

"seriously Ice," Mav frowned at him, "you're making my sinuses hurt just looking at you." 

"Then don't look at me," Ice sniffed and raised the book higher so it was blocking Maverick's view of him. 

"Don't do that-" Maverick dodged Slider's kick of warning; he was never good at following orders, "look at me?" 

"no," Ice slapped Mav's hand when he tried to take the book from him.

"you're stressing him out, Mav," Slider slipped his hand under Ice's shirt, rubbing soothing circles across his stomach.

"why are you stressed?" Mav moved closer and laid on top of Ice, peeking from under the book, grinning when Ice glared and moved the book to block his face again, "Ice?" 

"I'm not stressed," Ice scrunched his nose up and lightly hit Maverick with the book, "i'm tired." 

"tell that to your stomach," Mav kissed under his shirt, nudging Slider's hand with his nose, "this is how people get ulcers."

"i'm not stressed!" 

"uhuh," Mav kept kissing his stomach, smiling as Ice squirmed.

"you're impossible," Ice put the book down and just stared as the lump under his shirt, "your stretching my shirt out." 

"If you weren't wearing a shirt, I wouldn't have to do this," Mav came out and moved up to kiss Ice. 

"I just wanted one relaxed day," Slider sighed and leaned back into the couch. 

"So did I," Ice moved his face away from Mav, scrunching his nose up. 

"Gonna sneeze again," Mav began kissing Ice's jaw. 

"no," Ice lied, pushing Mav off playfully, not upset he was on him, just not wanting to inevitably sneeze on him. 

"the more you hold back, the longer the fits going to be," Mav looked at Slider for support.

"for once, he's right," Slider kissed Ice's head, eyes still on the game, "and you'll start coughing." 

"I hate that you both know that," Ice pulled his shirt up over his head and ducked down into his chest four times before Mav took his hands, effectively stopping Ice from stifling, "Ent'chiew-" Ice sneezed openly down his chest, "Tschiew-tschiew-tschiew-tschiew-schiew-chiew-chiew-chew-chiew-chiew-chew-chew-" He was aware that Slider had resumed rubbing his stomach, "kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiewkiew-hiew-hiew." he gasped for air and started coughing, just as Slider had mentioned earlier. 

"told you," Mav said unhelpfully, earning him soft hit from Ice, in between bouts of coughing, "ok ok, stop glaring at me and breathe." 

When the coughing stopped, Ice was breathing a bit shallowly, taking Slider out of his focus on the game, "Tom?" He moved his hand out of his shirt and went under from the top, feeling his heart rate and breathing. 

"I'm.. ok," Tom took Slider's hand out of his shirt and sighed, "you're both overreacting." 

"take a deep breath, then tell me you're fine," Slider took something out of his pocket and placed it on the table.

Ice took a deep breath but looked annoyed the whole time, "your both ridiculous." 

Slider visible relaxed, "hey, sorry if I worry about you." 

"it's pollen," Ice leaned back against Slider and took his hands in his own, "I haven't eaten anything, you can put the Epipen away."

Mav did a double take towards the table, "why did you have an epipen in your pocket?" 

"I always do," Slider slipped it back into his pocket. 

"ok, I'm starting to think I need a list," Mav looked a little worried, "What exactly warrants the pen?" 

"You don't remember?" Slider looked a little angry.

"I'm pretty sure we never told him," Ice squeezed Slider's hand, "Papaya. That's the only thing I know of, but Slider's worried papaya will suddenly be in every food like it's peanut oil." 

"it's growing in popularity!" 

"Where?!" Ice looked genuinely confused.

"here!" Slider gestured around.

"honey," Ice took his hand and kissed it, "if papaya oil becomes a thing, I will carry around a pen." 

Slider only held him tighter.

"I have no idea what a papaya even is," Mav looked genuinely confused too. 

Ice just started laughing, "it's a fruit, Mav." 

"yeah, I still got nothing," Mav shrugged and cuddled into Ice, "I'll stick to the basics: Apples, grapes.. bananas." He kissed Ice's jaw.

"must you make everything sexual?" 

Mav nipped at Ice's neck, "with guys as hot as you two? hell yes I do."

Edited by RemedyBane

This is just what I needed! So good with Mav and Slider dealing with Ice’s allergies. I always appreciate an allergic Ice that stifles his sneezes until Mav get him not to! It’s quickly becoming one of my favorite tropes and you write it in such a way that has me giddy with delight. I’ll definitely add this one to my ever growing favorites list! And don’t worry about not posting as much as you have before. I will take absolutely anything that I can get with them no matter how long I have to wait! Incredible job as always!

7 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

This is just what I needed! So good with Mav and Slider dealing with Ice’s allergies. I always appreciate an allergic Ice that stifles his sneezes until Mav get him not to! It’s quickly becoming one of my favorite tropes and you write it in such a way that has me giddy with delight. I’ll definitely add this one to my ever growing favorites list! And don’t worry about not posting as much as you have before. I will take absolutely anything that I can get with them no matter how long I have to wait! Incredible job as always!

Thank you so much for this sweet message! i'm so glad you liked it XOXOXO

18 minutes ago, Mygyn said:

Thanks for updating! Even though your crazy busy! ❤️ 

Thank you for reading and commenting ! it means a lot to me! XO

Scrabble

"I'm really bad at this," Mav sighed as he leaned against the couch, "What's so great about scrabble, anyway?" 

Ice, used to this argument, just walks over and looks over at Mav's computer, "you're playing Viper?" 

"more like getting my ass handed to me," he looked at Ice, "help?" 

"You could put 'louvre' with that free 'e'," Ice leaned against the couch, "that'll open more options and get you out of this square you've both made." 

Mav kissed Ice's cheek and added the letters, happy that it actually went through, "I was honestly tempted to put 'cat'." 

Ice huffed a bit, "you would have missed a lot of points." 

"I only play this game for Viper," he looked back to Ice, "unless you wanna play him instead?" 

"oh no," Ice raised his hands up, "This is between you two. He'll know if you suddenly become good at this game." 

"no he won't-" Mav looked down to see a text from Viper, "aaaand he says hello." 

"to me?" Ice grinned, "you know I play him in scrabble too, right?" 

"That makes sense," Mav sighed, "He did just say he got crushed last game." 

"that was me," Ice looked a little proud as he went to the kitchen to find Slider, "don't tell me you're playing Viper too?" 

"Yup," Slider spun around, "the guy is obsessed with this." 

"how are you doing?" 

Slider pulled Ice close and kissed him, "without your help? poorly." 

"I'm sure you-" Ice saw the score, "oh.." 

"yeah," Slider just laughed, "I don't really care. I'm really just checking in with him." 

"you're so sweet," Ice kissed Slider again before whispering, "'Qi' is a word and you'd catch up." 

"wait, where?" 

Ice pointed to a triple word score, "right here, and it gets rid of that q, otherwise you've got nice letters." 

"aw, you really know how to compliment a guy," Slider pulled him in closer so Ice was sitting in his lap then put in the letter in. 

"I try," he rubbed at his nose, feeling his allergies kick back in, instantly feeling Ice pull him tighter, steadying him for the fit, "Itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-itsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tsch-tchiew!" 

"Did you take your meds," Slider kissed his shoulder, "Viper says hi." 

"You watched me take them," He sniffed, "tell him I say hi." 

"it's weird he knows when it's you or us playing." 

"I play with him a lot more, you notice strategy after a few games," Ice shrugged and leaned more into Sli, "oohh. Viper has a bad hand if that's what he put with an open 'e." 

"how could you possibly know that?" 

"E is the most common vowel.. well letter... in the english language." 

"you would know that," Slider kissed him again, "you're very sexy when you get all brainy." 

Slider got a message on the scrabble game: stop making out with Ice and play 

"someone's impatient," Ice chuckled and got off of Slider, "I'm going to go read on the porch. Come find me when you're done." 

"ohh don't say that," Slider spread his legs open and moaned, "I will forfeit this game right now." 

"That will just upset Viper," Ice rolled his eyes, "i'll be out there for a while, just as irritated as I am now. play." 

"but what if I need help?" Slider looked Ice up and down slowly.

"Then you know where to find me," with that, Ice went outside.

Slider saw Ice duck through the window, and quickly stood up, walking out with him, "ya know, I should probably just stay with you. i'm awful at this game." 

"Same!" Mav had his head out of the now open window, "any room on the bench?" 

"close the window and get out here then," Ice sighed and closed his book.

Mav closed the window with more force than was necessary and ran out the door with Slider, picking Ice's feet up and sitting with his legs in his lap, "so.. what word can I use with this?" 

Ice looked at the screen but ended up ducking into his shirt as Slider moved in behind him, "Ah'tiew-tiew-tiew-tiew-tiew-tiew-tiew-tiew-tiew-chiew-schiew!" He sighed and cleared his itchy throat. 

"I don't think I can spell 'achoo' with these," Mav grinned as Ice blushed, "you're so cute flushed." 

"give me the phone," Ice scrunched his nose up and looked at the phone, "P-H-P-H-T is a word in scrabble," he made the sound as definition, "don't ask me why, but it'll go through." 

"This is a lawless game." 

"says the guy who stole a plane to go mach 10," Slider raised a brow and held Ice closer, only to laugh, "I actually have the letters to write 'achoo'." 

"that's a horrible word to use," Ice put his face in his hands, "don't try it, please." 

"It's vaild!" The three of them burst out laughing.

"I hope it was worth the terrible points," Ice coughed a little, "oh god, Viper's typing." 

Slider read, "How are you dating Kazansky, and still used words like that on scrabble." 

Mav laughed, earning him a kick from Slider, "it's not like you're any better." 

"you're both horrible at scrabble," Ice grinned, "But you are both very good at other things; more important things." 

"Like blow jobs!" Mav said triumphantly and looked directly at Ice, who blushed again.

"yes.. But I was referring to flying, and being the best RIO in the Navy" 

"Subjective," Slider still kissed Ice and thanks. 

"So wait, he's the best RIO but i'm not the best pilot?" 

"Ice is the best pilot," That earned Slider another kiss. 

"kiss ass," Mav made a face at Slider, only to get one back.

"behave," Ice chided, "save your measuring for the bedroom." 

"yeah," Slider looked back at his phone, "Viper's impatient." 

"he's competitive," Ice leaned further into Slider and closed his eyes, "Seems familiar, somehow." 

Slider pressed on Ice's nose funny, making him itch so fiercely he didn't even have time to put his hands up, but Slider put his hand over Ice's nose and mouth for him, "Ingxt-ingxt-ingxt-ignxt-ignxt-ignxt-" 

"what did we say about stifling?" Mav chastised while kissing Ice's unoccupied hands.

"Aschiew-cchiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-schiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-chiew-hiew-hiew-hiew." he took a breathe and sighed, "That was mean." 

"you're so sensitive in spring," Slider kissed the back of his head before running his thumb under Ice's nose.

"atschiew!" Ice tried to take his hands from Mav, but he was holding on tight, "Ma'haahh-" He felt Slider put his hand up again and sneezed into Slider's palm, "Tschiew-tschiew-tschiew-tschiew-schiew-schiew-schiew..hih..Ahk'-kiew." he shook his head and sighed, "blugh." 

"last one feel funny?" Slider tried not to laugh, "you're so cute." 

"what was that noise at the end?" Mav kissed Ice's hands, as he watched Ice rub his nose on his shoulder.

"When a stifle gets away from him it feels really weird and he shivers," Slider kissed along his neck, "it's so cute. You're little sneeze is too much for you." 

"I can't help it," Ice scrunched his nose up, "ugh, I need to sneeze again." 

"really?" Mav pulled his hands to his chest, not letting him take his hands, "two fits weren't enough?" 

"The wind-" Ice ducked into his chest with two silent stifles, "the wind-" He ducked back down, stifling 5.

"the wind is blowing pollen in," Slider ran his thumb down Ice's bridge, inducing the tickle, "just let it come, baby." 

"Ahschiew!" Ice coughed a bit as the tickle moved, "oh.. it's.. stuck." 

Slider kept rubbing that sweet spot in his nose, feeling Ice's hitching breathes against his fingers.

"hiih..ihh." Ice's eyes closed and his nostrils flared, but he just sighed, "lost it." 

"you never loose them?" Mav looked shocked and a little bit impressed, "that feel weird?"

"my face feels like it's swollen now," Ice sniffed and rubbing his nose on his shoulder, "Maybe the allergy meds are kicking in." 

"aww," Slider hugged him from behind and kissed along his shoulder, "you're so fucking cute. I can't take it." 

Ice felt a certain something against his back and blushed, "My nose is still really itchy." 

"it's always itchy," Mav gave him his hands back and watched him rub his nose, "wanna go back inside?" 

"no," Ice put his hands down and sniffed, "it'll come eventually." 

"it won't come alone," Mav turned his head, seeing Slider's leg bounce will off the bench, "someone's excited." 

"shut up," Slider continued to kiss Ice's neck.

"You should probably finish your games before Viper comes to our door," Ice rubbed his nose a little harder than before, "i'm going to get water, you want anything?" 

"besides you?" Slider kissed his hip as Ice stood up, "i'm good." 

"Mav?" Ice watched him shake his head before leaving toward the kitchen. He blew his nose with his back turned to the window before washing his hands and getting his water. Coming back, he stopped just outside of the door, eyes going distant and he was vaguely aware of Slider taking the water from him, just before he bent forward, "Heschiew!" 

"Bless you!" Mav piped up having watched Ice struggle with the sneeze for a bit, "only one?" 

"n'hh'o," Ice shook his head through hitching, still standing, hand on his chest before bending over again, "Heschiew-Eschiew!-Eh'schiew!" He stood back up and shook his head, "ok, i'm done." 

"it's kind of hilarious how your body considers that a rough sneeze," Mav dodged a pillow Ice threw before moving so Ice could sit back down, "I love you." 

"I love you too," Ice sort of cuddled into Slider's chest, "did you finish your games?" 

"Viper won," Slider rubbed Ice's back as he noticed his breathing change.

"Eh'kiew!" Ice had a tiny sneeze before sighing, "sorry." 

"nothing to apologize for," Slider kissed his head, "having a slow fit?" 

"no," Ice sniffed, "maybe?" 

"that's a yes," Mav moved to cuddle with them and kissed Ice's shoulder, "I think we need a group shower." 

"reward for losing?" Ice closed his eyes, content.

"nope," Mav moved his hand under Ice's shirt, "I won." 

Ice's eyes snapped open, "Show me." 

Mav gladly showed him the game and Mav did indeed win, "See?" 

"well.. that does deserve a reward," Ice moved so was facing Mav. 

"normally, I'd love to torture you a little, but you already look tortured," Mav bent closer and kissed Ice's pink nose, watching him stifle a fit into his hand, "So how about we shower, and you show me what your mouths can really do?" 

Ice looked at Slider, having a silent conversation before Ice looked back at Mav, "you have a deal." 

Mav smirked, "excellent." 

That was freaking adorable!!! Viper playing scrabble and the boys playing with him and the allergies! Perfect mix!

So cute!!! I love how all three were playing scrabble with Viper! Also I love that Mav didn’t know what papayas are- very in character! Can’t wait for more (take as long as you need, life is busy!) 

On 8/5/2022 at 6:13 PM, Mygyn said:

That was freaking adorable!!! Viper playing scrabble and the boys playing with him and the allergies! Perfect mix!

Thank you! XOXO

On 8/5/2022 at 7:32 PM, Loverofreading said:

So cute!!! I love how all three were playing scrabble with Viper! Also I love that Mav didn’t know what papayas are- very in character! Can’t wait for more (take as long as you need, life is busy!) 

I'm glad you find it in character :) I hope you haven't waited too long XOXO

AO3 Request: 

"Karrington 

Maybe another one where Maverick is sick or has a migraine or panic attack or something and Slider is the only one around at first?" 

Eject!

Mav was forced to be on radio with a team that went to fight some Migs, grouned from flying because of something he'd done that pissed someone important off. He was listening to what was going on when he heard something he hoped to never hear again.

"I can't reach the eject! Push us out!" The pilot was yelling over the radio, "We're in a tailspin, I can't regain control. Eject! Eject! Eject!" 

Mav's heart started pounding and he put his headphones down as the room began to spin. His mind replayed what happen to Goose. Hitting the eject, the top barely coming off, the sound of Goose hitting the top, the snap.. the freezing water... 

He needed to get out of there. He needed to leave this room. He turned and walked out, vaguely aware that someone was calling his name. It was somewhat familiar, but in his current state, he wouldn't even recognize his own voice. He just walked down the hall, doing everything he could to not break down right there. There were footsteps behind him,but he didn't care. He needed to find someplace quiet, and break down. 

"It's ok, Mav," He could hear Goose say in his head, but it didn't help this time. All he could hear.. feel.. was Goose's impact and the feeling of his dead body floating. Everything was so blurry, and he was keeping full focus on just walking straight, that he had no idea that he was hyperventilating. 

"Mitchel!" There was someone behind him and he just ducked into a room, thankfully his chambers, and fell to the ground, huddling up in the corner and hyperventilating more. 

"Woah! hey," Slider was suddenly kneeling towards him and taking his hands "Pete!" 

"He's dead." 

"no no," Slider was rubbing his hands a little hard, hoping the pressure would bring him back from whatever hell his brain was making him relive or make up, "they're ok. They ejected and rescue is on the way. No one's died."

"Goose is dead." 

"Shit," Slider closed his eyes for a second, "Pete..." 

"I can't... breathe," Mav took a hand from Slider's and put it to his throat, " I cant-" 

"Yes you can," Slider pulled Mav closer by his legs and put both of his hands on Mav's cheeks, "yes you can, breathe with me." 

"I cant-" Mav was starting to sob, "he's gone.." 

"I know," Slider pulled Mav into a hug and made sure that Mav was listening to his heart, "I know. But you're still here, I'm here, Ice is.. alive," they didn't really know where Ice was right now, but that's besides the point, "That pilot and his RIO are alive and well, I promise you, they're fine." 

"I was so scared," Mav let himself sob into Slider's chest, "I can't.. I can't.." 

"Yes you can," Slider stared to rub his back, "I know right now it feels like the world is crumbling around you, but it will be ok. I promise you, it's going to be ok." 

"you can't promise that," Mav was shaking.

"I can, and I will," Slider glared at whoever just opened the door, effectively making them close it again, "just try to breathe with me ok?" 

"breathe?" Mav started to calm down, "My heart.. feels like it's gonna.. explode." 

"it's anxiety and fear," Slider squeezed him, "you're safe.. you're with me." 

Mav actually laughed, "you gonna.. protect me?" 

"Hell yes," Slider kissed his head, "Just breathe with me ok?" 

"I miss him so much," Mav was starting to calm down, but he was still crying.

"I know," Slider held onto him as tightly as he dared, "I know." 

It took a few minutes for Mav to completely calm down, and they just hugged in silence for a few more. It Slider vouched for Mav with the admiral in charge, saying he found maverick sick in the bathroom and was ordered to get checked out in medbay and sent home. Mav wasn't mad. He'd rather them think he got food poisoning, than a panic attack. Thankfully, Slider was sent to bring Maverick home and make sure he didn't die, so now they were home, cuddled on the couch, listening to music Mav didn't recognize; but it was nice. 

A few hours after they got home, Ice finally came home, "Anyone home?" 

"Ice!" Mav jumped up like a kid excited for christmas, "you're back!" 

"yeah, it ended a day early," Ice looked absolutely exhausted and pale, "glad to see the house didn't fall apa-oof!" He got the breath knocked out of him when Mav ran and hugged him, "I missed you too." 

"Today sucked," Mav buried his face in his chest.

"oh?" Ice looked at Slider for context, only to receive a group hug, "are you both alright?" 

"just a long day," Slider kissed Ice in greeting and continued the hug, effectively making it impossible for Ice to carry his bags, which ended up dropped to the floor, scaring Ice a little, "just the bags." 

"Sorry," Mav kissed Ice's chest, "Knocked over the suitcase." 

"it's fine, just startled me," Ice rubbed both of their backs, "do you want to talk about today?" 

"no," Mav put his chin on Ice's chest and looked up at him, "I just want you." 

"i'm not going anywhere," Ice kissed Maverick. 

Mav pulled back a little, "why are you wearing glasses?" 

"It's been a long couple of days," Ice took the glasses off and put them on the counter, "I'm just tired." 

"Then can we all go to bed?" 

"I need a shower first," Ice made a face, "I feel disgusting." 

"you could never be disgusting," Slider kissed his cheek.

"Fine, I would feel more comfortable after showering," Ice sniffed and scrunched his nose up, "I'm getting a headache." 

"probably from wearing the glasses you don't actually need," Slider kissed Ice's forehead before taking Mav's hand and pulling him towards the bedroom, "if your eyes are tired, just rest them. Glasses aren't going to help." 

"They help me not get into an accident on the road because i'm tired," Ice made a valid point and followed them to the bathroom, only to stop just shy of the door, "Eh'kiew!" 

Mav and Slider just looked at him expectedly.

Ice saw their look and blushed, "just the one." 

"Since when is that a thing?" Mav looked upset, "You were only gone 3 days!" 

"I don't know what to tell you," Ice shrugged and walked towards the bathroom, getting undressed.

"Today sucks," Slider sighed and took off his clothes.

"aw, honey," Ice kissed him twice, "what happened today?" 

"Nothing," Slider just kissed Ice again, "just really tired." 

Ice let it go and ducked into his elbow, "Etschiew!" 

"bless you!" Mav wrapped his arms around him, mostly to keep Ice steady assuming his usual fits. 

Ice just sniffed and rubbed his nose, "that's it." 

"I think your nose is broken," Mav poked it, earning another soft sneeze, "seriously, only one?" 

"yup," Ice scrunched his nose up, "must be a fluke." 

"As if today couldn't get any worse," Slider pouted and pulled Ice into the shower.

"I doubt this is going to become a thing," Ice kissed him in apology. 

"I'm just glad you're home." 

Mav stepped in and kissed along Ice's back, "me too."

🥰 Slider and Mav they have such a love hate relationship thanks for posting! Been a crappy week filled with tons of job interviews. Your update are a bright spot in my week!

On 8/5/2022 at 5:57 PM, RemedyBane said:

atschiew!" Ice tried to take his hands from Mav, but he was holding on tight, "Ma'haahh-" He felt Slider put his hand up again and sneezed into Slider's palm, "Tschiew-tschiew-tschiew-tschiew-schiew-schiew-schiew..hih..Ahk'-kiew." he shook his head and sighed, "blugh." 

"last one feel funny?" Slider tried not to laugh, "you're so cute." 

"what was that noise at the end?" Mav kissed Ice's hands, as he watched Ice rub his nose on his shoulder.

"When a stifle gets away from him it feels really weird and he shivers," Slider kissed along his neck, "it's so cute. You're little sneeze is too much for you." 

I was literally at work sneaking a read when I saw you updated and squealed at the pure fluffiness and cuteness of this section with Slider asking if it felt funny and Ice being embarrassed. I’ve read this scene so many times and it’s probably one of my favorite things that you’ve written. This story was amazing as always and hearing Ice’s allergies do that to him is something I cannot even express how much I enjoyed.

47 minutes ago, RemedyBane said:

Mav and Slider just looked at him expectedly.

Ice saw their look and blushed, "just the one." 

"Since when is that a thing?" Mav looked upset, "You were only gone 3 days!" 

"I don't know what to tell you," Ice shrugged and walked towards the bathroom, getting undressed.

"Today sucks," Slider sighed and took off his clothes.

Poor Slider! He’s right it would totally suck if Ice never sneezes in those itchy fits again. Loved the way that you wrote Maverick needing reassurance at times and Slider doing his best until Ice got there and Ice doing what he does best. Wonderful and awesome as always! This definitely has been getting me through these last couple of rough days.

2 hours ago, Mygyn said:

🥰 Slider and Mav they have such a love hate relationship thanks for posting! Been a crappy week filled with tons of job interviews. Your update are a bright spot in my week!

Thank you for commenting! XOXO I wish you the best of luck with those job interviews! I'm sure they'll love you! 

1 hour ago, Wolfwings22 said:

I was literally at work sneaking a read when I saw you updated and squealed at the pure fluffiness and cuteness of this section with Slider asking if it felt funny and Ice being embarrassed. I’ve read this scene so many times and it’s probably one of my favorite things that you’ve written. This story was amazing as always and hearing Ice’s allergies do that to him is something I cannot even express how much I enjoyed.

Poor Slider! He’s right it would totally suck if Ice never sneezes in those itchy fits again. Loved the way that you wrote Maverick needing reassurance at times and Slider doing his best until Ice got there and Ice doing what he does best. Wonderful and awesome as always! This definitely has been getting me through these last couple of rough days.

My heart just exploded. Can i just shower you with hugs and kisses? XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOOX

I hurt my own fucking feelings so that's what i'm tittling it.

Hurting My Own Damn Feelings

The surgery went well and so far they couldn't find any more cancer, but he still needed to do a few more chemo treatments before they'd really determine if he's cancer free. Ice was just so tired and weak, that he just slept most days now. His hair had thinned, but never fell out. Slider and Mav never left his side through any of it, even holding his hands while he was under anesthesia. 

now, they were sitting in a room, alone, with Ice getting one of his last chemo treatments, hopefully ever. he was wearing a mask, still really weak from surgery and chemo. HIs eyes were hallow and unseeing, head resting on Slider's shoulder. 

"Ice, honey?" Slider was gently rubbing his knee, trying to get him to come back to him, "you need to stay awake, ok?" 

Ice blinked a bit before sitting up, "sorry." 

"you're doing great," Slider kissed Ice's knuckles, frowning as Ice swayed a bit, "are you going to pass out?" 

Ice whispered something that sounded like an affirmative and Slider moved to catch him, while Mav called for a nurse. A nurse ran in and checked Ice's pulse and vitals, confirming that Ice was just exhausted. 

"his body is still healing," The nurse helped Slider keep him upright for examination, "He's going to be in and out for the next couple of days." 

"He's going to faint a lot?" Mav's leg was bouncing, driving Slider crazy, but he didn't say anything.

"There's a chance he could faint again," The nurse nodded, "He'll probably feel very nauseous, so try to stick to bland foods for a while." 

"thank you," Mav stood up and walked her out before pacing, "This is normal, right?" 

"it's common," Slider confirmed, watching him move, "he's going to be fine." 

"we still have another week until we know if he's free," Mav looked about ready to cry, "I'm really scared." 

"We all are," Slider kissed Ice's forehead, feeling him start to come back to them, "we gotta stay cool for Ice, ok?" 

Mav nodded and walked over,m helping Ice sit up as he came to, "morning, sunshine." 

Ice tried to speak but just said gibberish.

"It's ok," Mav put a hand on his forehead, grounded Ice, "you fainted, baby." 

"...done?" Ice looked unseeing at the bag.

"almost," Mav smoothed back Ice's hair, "then we can go home. Run you a bath?" 

Ice nodded, "cold." 

"you're cold, now?" Mav questioned, watching Slider take off his jacket and wrap it around Ice's smaller frame, "better?" 

He watched Ice nod , just before shivering.

"you're freezing," Slider tried to wrap it better around him, "15 more minutes, then we can go home." 

It was more like 30 minutes, but Ice was finally allowed to go home. He hated the wheelchair, but put on a smile and thanked the nurses and doctors who were around. They all adored him, and he was grateful. 

When they finally did get home, Ice was fast asleep in the passenger side and Slider ended up picking him up and carrying him indoors. 

"you're upset," Mav pointed out as Slider put Ice on the couch.

"He's so thin," Slider looked up at the ceiling, like Ice did when he was upset, "He's so small..." '

Mav quickly went over to Slider and hugged him, "I know." 

The two of them cried for a while before putting on a calm face when Ice woke up. They all spent the night cuddled close and consoling each other. 

----------------------------------

Maverick was needed back on base a week later and he was furious about it. Today was the day they found out if Ice was cancer free and he was stuck teaching. He wanted to punch a wall. 

"Mav?" Rooster came over to him cautiously, "you doing ok?" 

"yeah," Mav took a deep breath, "everything's great." 

"Did you get the results back about Uncle Ice?" Rooster whispered, not wanting others to hear.

"not yet, kiddo," Mav squeezed Rooster's arm and walked back with him to the center. 

It was blatantly obvious Rooster and Mav were waiting for something. Both of them kept looking at their phones like if they looked hard enough it would appear. Everytime one of their phones would buzz, they both looked at each other with so much anxiety and hope, only for it to be inconsequential. 

"What is going on?" Hangman stood up, "you both look like you're waiting for a bomb to go off!" 

"none of your business, asshole!" Rooster was on edge and wanted to fight him so bad.

"Bradley!" Mav shook his head, "i'm sorry, we should get back to-" 

"Maverick!" Warlock was standing to them, "Rooster, come with me." 

"What happened-?" Rooster stood up, only to see Uncle Slider in the corner and he had never sprinted so fast. 

"Is that..?!" Hangman had his mouth open.

"Close it before you catch flies," Bob jabbed before turning around to see Rooster hugging him and.. crying?

Mav ran over and seemingly fell into Slider. 

"What-?" 

Warlock smiled, "Admiral Iceman, Maverick's husband, and Rooster's uncle.. Is officially Cancer free as of 09 hundred." 

"he's ok!" Phoenix jumped up and held her heart.

"he's in Maverick's office," Warlock had tears in his eyes, "second time's the charm." 

"wait.. Iceman is Rooster's uncle?" Hangman looked like he might blow a gasket.

"really, that's what you got out of that," Phoenix threw a clipboard at him, "fuck you." 

Rooster and Maverick were now sprinting towards his office, opening the door to see Ice sitting at Maverick's desk, looking exhausted but happy.

"you're free?!" Rooster had tears running down his face, "really free? no more cancer?" 

Ice just nodded and stood up with Mav's help, holding his favorite people in his arms.

"I love you so much," Mav was peppering Ice with kisses and Rooster was sobbing into his shirt. 

Ice did his best to speak, "you have been so brave.." 

"us?!" Mav had tears running down his face, kissing Ice's lips a million times, "you beat cancer, TWICE, and we're brave?" 

"Yes," Ice said without hesitation, "I'm so grateful." 

"i'm never letting go," Mav cried into Ice' shoulder.

"I won't either," Ice held them tightly, looking at Slider, begging him to join. He finally could feel Slider up against his back, giving support but also hugging them all. 

It only stopped when Ice started to get unstable and almost fainted from standing so long, "ok ok," Slider helped him back in the chair, "I think you've had more than enough standing for today." 

"i'm coming home with you," Mav looked at Warlock who was suddenly in the door, "I'm going home." 

"I know," Warlock looked at Rooster, "you too. He needs you more than we do. The mission is over. I think you can afford to miss a few days of class." 

"Thank you," Rooster knelt down and buried his face in Ice's knees, "Thank you." 

Mav knew he wasn't thanking just Warlock, but also whatever God was watching out for them. 

"Let's go home," Mav looked at Slider, "Do we have a wheelchair? or?" 

"I can walk," Ice took Maverick's hand, "It's not far." 

"you shouldn't have to-" 

"i've been confined to a bed-" Ice coughed a bit, still having a lot of pain in his throat.

"I know," Mav kissed his head, "you're still healing. Please let your throat heal." 

"We'll help you walk," Rooster stood up, taking an arm and helping Ice stand, "Uncle Sli?" 

"I'll grab the car," Slider kissed Ice's cheek before running off.

"I'm not wor-"

"you better not be saying what I think you are," Mav chastised while grabbing the other arm, "you are worth a god damn police escort home with helicopters and 24/7 hot nurses." 

"I have 24/7 hot husbands," Ice said before coughing lightly.

"you got me there," Mav kissed his cheek.

"Gross," Rooster rolled his eyes and took most of Ice's significantly lighter weight. 

"i'll gain the weight back," Ice could always read them all like a book, "Just give me time." 

"We got forever, baby," Mav went first and helped Ice through the door, frowning when Ice tried to look 'admirally', "honey, you just beat cancer. You don't need to-" 

"I want..to," Ice stood up straighter, frowning when people started saluting him. He hated that part so much. He didn't feel like he deserved it.

"You deserve the respect, Uncle," Rooster could read him too, "Just breath." 

Phoenix was rounding the corner with Bob, tears coming to her eyes, "Admiral Kazansky. Congratulations!" 

Ice gestured for her to come here, and pulled her into a hug, "you're family, Natasha." 

Phoenix hugged him as tightly as she dared, whispering, "I'm so happy you're ok." 

"So am I," Ice squeezed her as best he could, "thank you for taking care of Bradley." 

"always, sir," Phoenix kissed Ice's cheek before letting go, "drive safely." 

"Slider is at the wheel," Rooster smirked, "so better chance than Mav." 

Ice chuckled before coughing, "true." 

"I don't drive cars recklessly." 

"so you admit your reckless," Phoenix smiled.

"Ice has only been telling me that since we met," Mav took Ice's hand, "and he's never wrong." 

"Now that I believe," Phoenix moved out of the way as they walked past. She let the tears fall when their backs were turned to her. Bob was at her side and hugged her tightly. They were happy tears. 

Ice cleared his throat, "when we are ready," He waited for Mav to get the door, "I would like to meet your kids." 

"I think they'd like that," Mav pulled him in for a kiss, not caring that his kids were clearly watching, "God, I love you." 

Rooster was glaring at all of them, doing his best to block the PDA.

"Glad you still do," Ice put a hand on Mav's cheek, "I love you too, honey." 

"Get inside before you faint," Slider frowned and looked around, "or before we draw a crowd." 

"I'm more concerned of you catching something," Mav helped Ice into the car and buckled him in, "it's unnaturally cold today." 

Rooster and Mav went around and got in the car, finally taking a real breath now that they were in a dark car.

"ok If I stay the night?" Rooster let tears fall down his cheeks.

"You always have a room with us, Baby Goose," Slider piped up, looking at him through the mirror, "besides, I think Ice could use a fresh face." 

"I could never.. get tired.. of yours," Ice was trying so hard to stay awake.

"I know baby," Slider smiled, "go to sleep, you're with family now. It's ok." 

Rooster put an arm around Ice and let him fall asleep, "He's really gonna be ok?" 

"Yeah," Slider nodded, tears of his own falling down his cheeks, "He's finally ok." 

This story hit me right in the feels! Everyone was just so amazing to Ice and it made my heart so happy to read! As always you do not disappoint and these have definitely been my saving grace this entire week.

I've written 35 chapters to this thread. that's so wild to me lol

12 hours ago, Mygyn said:

🥰 Slider being nice to Baby Goose that was soo well written. 

I"m so glad you liked it! XOXOXO

2 hours ago, Wolfwings22 said:

This story hit me right in the feels! Everyone was just so amazing to Ice and it made my heart so happy to read! As always you do not disappoint and these have definitely been my saving grace this entire week.

Ice deserves all the love in the world, really. I'm so glad to be helping you through this tough time XOXO keep me updated on how things are going with you! ALso this is your request from forever ago!!

"That story had me thinking about maybe a story where Ice is sick and it comes on quickly when him Maverick and Slider are on a road trip so cue much panic and fussing over him. That would be amazing!" 

so here ya go, my lovely!

I need to stop hurting my own feelings... 

Road Trip Malfunction 

Ice had figured it was his allergies kicking when he sneezed that morning. Spring was just beginning, so it was a perfectly logical thing to conclude. Even Slider and Mav thought it was allergies and they just blessed him and packed some allergy medication. They were going on a roadtrip to spend a few days camping. They all liked the outdoors and they could be completely alone and unwatched. 

"you guys packed?" Mav was bouncing off the walls, very excited for their new adventure, having put his bag in the car the second he woke up. 

"Yes everything is packed," Ice was making them breakfast, "you helped us pack the car, Mav."

"Right, sorry-" 

"no sorries were they aren't warranted," Slider piped up, "trying to break that habit, babes."

"At least it wasn't Ice, this time," Mav went over and kissed Ice's shoulder.

"I haven't apologized all week," Ice rolled his eyes, "Now come get some food."

"you're doing great, sweetie," Slider came to the table and helped Ice get everything to the table, before he watched Ice walked away and pull his shirt up.

"Etschiew!" Ice crossed his arms over his face, somehow in both elbows, "Itschiew-tschiew-tcshiew-tschiew-tschiew-tchiew-tschiew-tchiew-schiew-schiew-schiew!" He sighed and stood up straight, "Sor- no.. i'm not sorry." 

"Good," Slider came over and kissed his cheek, "allergies bothering you?" 

"not bothering me," Ice scrunched his nose up and kissed Slider, "just an itch." 

"you're so cute," Slider peppered his face in kisses and smiled, "fucking love you so much." 

"stop getting distracted by ice's hot ass and come eat!" Mav was scarfing food down.

"Slow down before you choke," Ice chastised before walking over to table and grabbing food for himself.

Mav took a mental note on how little Ice ate, but didn't comment on it, "Excited?" 

"Not nearly as excited as you are," Ice smiled softly, "but yes." 

"The hikes are suppose to be the best in the area, and if we get lucky, we might have the waterfalls to ourselves," He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. 

Ice choked on his orange juice and spluttered before coughing into his elbow, trying to breath. 

"you ok?" Mav came over and patted Ice's back, "Should have waited until you weren't drinking." 

Ice cleared his throat and calmed down, "went down wrong." 

"Let us clean up, you relax," Mav kissed Ice and frowned a bit when he felt a little warm, "you feeling ok?"

"I feel fine, why?" Ice looked up at Mav with concern, genuinely not feeling unwell at all.

"nothing," Mav kissed him again, then his forehead, "just nervous energy." 

"we'll go in a minute," Slider started to put things in the dishwasher, "Ice, go chill for a bit. We got this." 

"If you say so," Ice stood up and walked into the bedroom, making sure they didn't forget anything important. It was then that he felt his nose itch and he chanced blowing his nose, hoping it would stop the tickle. Instead it only made him need to sneeze more, "Itschiew!" he bent forward, almost hitting his head on the mirror, "Tschiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-tchiew-chiew-chiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew-kiew." He sighed and blew his nose again. 

Thinking nothing of it, he went back to checking. 

"We're done!" Mav called from the kitchen and smiled as ice came to inspect, "Did we do ok?" 

"Looks great," Ice turned on the dishwasher and put an arm around Slider's waist, suddenly tired, "Who's driving first?" 

"Me" Mav grinned, "i have the keys, lets GO!" 

"alright alright," Ice chuckled and kissed Slider before walking towards the car, turning on the alarm and locking the door behind them. He was going to sit in the back, but Slider pulled him away and opened the passenger door for him, "oh, thanks?" 

"I'll be fine in the back alone," Slider kissed Ice's forehead before closing the door for him and hopping in the back. 

It wasn't long before Ice was passed out in the passenger's seat and Ice and Mav were a little confused. Ice didn't like to take naps. Usually, especially when mav drove, he liked to be an extra set of eyes. They knew something was off when they stopped a few hours ahead for gas and Ice didn't wake up. They weren't upset about him not driving, both of them were happy to drive, but it was just so out of character. 

Slider went into the gas station and got some medicine, water, and OJ before coming back, "just incase." 

"He could have just slept funny last night," Mav eyed the medicine with concern, "Can he take those?" 

"Yeah," Slider shrugged, "it's not the best, but it will help him sleep at night." 

"you think he's sick?" Mav frowned.

"Yeah," Slider nodded, "he doesn't nap. But he'll push through this trip like everything's fine, then make himself worse. SO.. drugs." 

"We're drugging him?" Mav saw the look and backpedalled, "I'm all for it, just looking for confirmation, here."

Ice stirred and they both shut up, hiding the evidence, and Mav drove off. They made it to their destination with no hiccups, Ice still fast asleep. When Mav parked, he gently touched Ice's forehead to find a fever.

"he's got a temperature," Mav looked at Slider, "compromise? We get a hotel, close enough that we can still do the hikes and whatever, but Ice had a place to stay if he gets too sick?" 

"Great idea," Slider was actually proud and smiled.

"I have good ideas every once in a while," Mav backed out and found a hotel close by. It was actually really nice, and managed to get a room with a view, "is he awake?" Mav came back with the keys.

"Slider opened the passenger side door and gently turned Ice's head towards him, rubbing his thumb over his cheekbone until ICe stirred, "hey, baby." 

"hmm. my turn?" He opened his eyes and looked confused at the hotel sign, "did we get a flat?" 

"no," Mav cleared his throat, making an excuse that he just made up, "The campsite was closed so I got us a hotel room close by." 

"Why was it closed?" Ice rubbed his face.

"Police tape," Slider pitched in before Mav could make something stupid up, "something must have happened, we didn't stop to ask." 

"Hope everything's ok," Ice stepped out of the car, "wait.. I was asleep the entire time?" 

"You worked more hours than both of us aaaand woke up early to make breakfast. The least we could do was drive," Mav rolled his eyes and pulled Ice close, "Slider's got the bags." 

"I do," Slider half glared at Mav before grabbing them, "let's go see the room." 

Mav opened the door and watched as Ice looked genuinely shocked, "nice, huh?" 

"Can we-"

"Yes we can afford it," Mav pulled Ice in and sat him on the very large bed, "it's their off season so it was more than 1/2 off." 

Slider opened the curtain and whistled, "now that is a view." 

"It's beautiful," Ice agreed before rubbing his eyes, "What do you want to do today?" 

"I'm exhausted from driving, so I was thinking we all have a little nap before seeing what's around?" Mav looked at Slider for help.

"Yeah, Mav drove the whole way, and I didn't sleep well last night." 

"are you ok?" Ice looked concerned at Slider.

"I"m good," Slider came over and picked Ice up, just to lay him better in the bed, crawling on top of him, "Is it so wrong to want to cuddle with the hottest men alive?" 

"I second that statement," Mav crawled over and started kissing Ice all over. 

"I thought you wanted to sleep?" 

"Sex first, then sleep," Mav kissed Ice and grinned as he heard Ice's noise of approval. 

They ended up sleeping through mid day, only waking up around 3pm. By that time, Ice's fever was coming full blast, and Slider woke up to Ice shaking, with sweat on his brow. 

"Mav," Slider shook Maverick awake, pointing to Ice.

"Shit," Mav got out of bed and put on some pants, "I"m gonna ask the front desk if they have a thermometer... or run to the store. Whatever I gotta do." 

"he's gonna be pissed-" 

"Doesn't matter," Mav frowned, "I don't care about this trip, I care about him." 

"I know," Slider nodded, "Me too." 

Ice woke up a few minutes later with Slider putting a cold cloth on his forehead, "Wha-?" 

"you have a fever, honey," Slider stopped Ice's hands from taking it off, "stop it, you need to cool down." 

"I'm not sick-" 

"I know what you're doing," Slider shook his head, "please don't lie to me." 

"i'm ok," Ice's eyes got glassy and teary, "i'm fine, Ron.. I'm fine." 

"baby," Slider felt his own eyes sting with tears, seeing the fear in Ice's face, "it's ok."

"No it's not," Ice sat up and got out of bed, "i'm fine." 

"you're not fine, Tom." 

"i'm not sick," He pulled on his pants and tried not to look as dizzy as he felt, "we have plans-" 

"Fuck the plans," Slider tried to sound as calm as he could, knowing Ice would only spiral further if he yelled at him, "honey, love of my life," Slider reached out towards him, "come back to bed, please?" 

"I'm fine," Ice stepped back, "There's nothing wrong, I don't have.. a fever." 

Mav came in and frowned, "What's going on?" 

"nothing," Ice threw Slider his pants, "we are doing that hike you wanted." 

"No..?" Mav put his stuff down, "we are going back to bed with a movie and kisses, until you feel better." 

"I'm not.. I'm not sick," Ice was blinking fast.

"baby, you're going to faint," Slider took a step closer, "you're blood pressure is to high and you have a fever, please come here." 

""s fine."

"you're slurring," Mav added, coming closer slowly, "it's ok. It's ok that you're sick, no one's mad at you." 

"I ruined this.." 

"no," Slider saw him spiraling, "Tom, look at me, you didn't ruin anything." 

Ice faltered a bit and caught the table, "I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to.." 

"You can't help being sick, baby," Slider wanted to kill Ice's father so bad in this moment, "can you sit down?" 

Ice stepped away from the table, looking disoriented, "no.. we can.. still go.." 

"Tom?" Slider ran closer just as Ice's eyes rolled back into his head and he fell. This not being Slider's first time, knew when he was about to pass out and got there in time to catch him, swiftly picking him up and putting him on the bed.

"fuck!" Mav ran towards the bed, "Do we call 911?" 

"No," Slider calmed Mav with a sigh, "you've seen him pass out before." 

"yeah, but he had 103 fever and his father just called the landline to scream at him," Mav looked frantic, "It was just us." 

"he had an anxiety attack about messing up the trip," Slider tucked Ice in, "his blood pressure went through the roof and he blacked out. Thank Daddy Kazansky for the trauma."

"is he going to be ok?" Mav crawled on the bed and laid next to him, frowning everytime Ice twitched. 

"yeah," Slider bent down and kissed Ice's forehead, "when his blood pressure goes down he'll start to come to. The best thing we can do is just be here and not angry." 

"Why would we be angry?" Mav looked lost, "He's sick. It's not his fault." 

"His father didn't see it that way," Slider crawled into bed and held Ice, rubbing his arms as Ice shivered, "I once saw his father smack him across the face for clearing his throat in his presence." 

"WHY?!?" Mav closed his mouth when Slider shushed him. 

"Because Ice wasn't perfect. He wasn't allowed to look tired, yawn, sneeze, cough, scratch, literally anything." 

"how is that possible?" 

"Why do you think Ice stifles so much," Slider smoothed back Ice's hair from his sweaty forehead, "His dad used to work him so hard he would faint from exhaustion, which would only lead to a beating the next day."

"the scars..' 

"yeah," Slider gently rolled up Ice's sleeve, "All from his dad." 

"Jesus," Mav slowly began to hug Ice, "I had no idea.. I thought they were from some plane accident." 

Slider huffed a small laugh, "have you seen him fly?" 

"I never said it was a good theory," Mav kissed Ice's scars, "how can someone do that to their own kid?" 

"I don't know," Slider shushed Ice softly as he whimpered in his sleep, "you're ok, it's ok, honey." 

mav took his hand off of Ice's scars, afraid he was causing the discomfort, "did the cops-?" 

"no," Slider took a deep breathe, stopping the anger rising in his throat, "he's an admiral." 

"what?" Mav's mouth was open.

"yeah," Slider looked down at Ice, "there's a lot to this.. but I can't-" 

"I'll know when it's the right time," Mav squeezed Slider's hand, "you're getting worked up. Just breath, and let's take care of ice, ok? You guys can tell me all about the father from hell when he feels it's right."

"ok," Slider kissed Mav and laid down with Ice, "I just wish he'd told me he felt sick." 

"Maybe he didn't know," Mav wrapped his arms around ice better, "Fever's sometimes come out of nowhere." 

"yeah, maybe," Slider kissed Ice's forehead, "how could anyone hurt him." 

"I don't know," Mav kissed along Ice's shoulder, "but I know that we can make sure no one ever hurts him again." 

Slider put a protective arm around Ice's waist, "yeah. Never again." 

Mav squeezed Slider's hand, "Never again."

Edited by RemedyBane

I know you say these are drabbles but it really feels like your painting a story here that all of them flow together. I love how we got to learn a bit more about ices dad here! Seriously love your updates as always ❤️ 

That one pulled on my heart so much! I cannot stop rereading it and seeing slider and maverick taking care of ice like that and ice still holding all that trauma makes the entire story come together in a way that I never thought possible. Incredible as always!