Sneeze Fetish Forum

What Are You Reading Right Now

doggo

All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot

:jump: Guess which book lies on the shelve next to my bed. :innocent:

I loved that book & the tv series. I've read it last summer and I loved every word of it. :)

Just finished: The undertaker's gift by Trevor Baxendale (Torchwood book). For a book based on a tv series, it was rather good, although I was rather disappointed by Almost perfect (different author).

Currently reading: Ravens of Avalon, by Marion Bradley/Diana L. Paxson. A rather awesome book. :wub:

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Bondi

• March Hare

• TheCakeIsAlive

Within the past week I have finished The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver and Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause...for the third time this year :wub: I love horny werewolves. I just started reading Simply Perfect by Mary Balogh...which is rather boring, but whatever. And I borrowed a book called The Mexicans from my Spanish teacher last week. It looks interesting :) I'm planning on doing a lot of reading this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now reading Don't worry mama by Narise Konohara. It's a yaoi light novel I got as a gift from a friend. She knows I like yaoi, so the gesture was sweet, but man... it's so BAD. :laugh: Fascinatingly bad. People actually pay for this stuff? People actually think this stuff is sexy? :twisted: Hysterical.

Edited by VoOs

I'm reading a Finnish book called Ihana meri (one translation is "wonderful sea" but it could be translated in other ways too). Written by Kira Poutala. It's about one 15 year old girl who suffers from anoreksia. It's pretty good but very different from what I expected. The text on the back of the book is all about the main characters life with anoreksia but in the book it takes quite a long time for her to fall so deep in the sicknes.

I'm reading a book called "Betrayed" by Lyndsey Harris. It's really interesting, starts off with an average family until they're daughter start's doing horrible things.

I'm currently reading Bound For Glory by Woody Guthrie, it's his autobiography. It was a Christmas present from my father, which really pleased me, he remembered how much I love Woody Guthrie. And it's rather an unusual book, I get such a sense of how Woody must have talked. It's as though I can hear him speaking as I read.

I just finished two of Daniel Silva's books -- Moscow Rules and The Defector. Love those spy novels! I've decided I need to read all of his Gabriel Allon books (even though I'm sure I've read some of them in the past).

Currently reading:

The Shining- Stephen King

The Fall- Camus

Lord of the Flies- William Golding

(I'm one of those people who always reads more than one book at a time! I like to have options. :blushing: )

Recently finished:

Catching Fire- Suzanne Collins (the second book in the "Hunger Games" trilogy. It's a YA series but I would highly recommend it. Very suspenseful- the kind of book you can't leave alone until it's done.)

Waiting for Godot- Samuel Beckett (essentially a play that makes no sense... which, in the end, is the point. It's very intriguing to read it and then look up the heaps of different interpretations, though.)

I've been slogging through 1984 by George Orwell for nearly a month now. UGH. I'm so glad I never had to read this during high school! While it's brilliant, it's damn slow going and way too preachy for me to enjoy reading it.

I'm starting to read I taket lyser stjärnorna by Johanna Thydell. It's a translated one...

I just finished the first Harlequin Spice novel I have ever purchased, which is their erotic fiction line, called "Dirty" by Megan Hart. And honestly, I thought it was really good. I am going to try another one I bought at the same time, by a different author, and I hope it's as good as this one was.

Catching Fire- Suzanne Collins (the second book in the "Hunger Games" trilogy. It's a YA series but I would highly recommend it. Very suspenseful- the kind of book you can't leave alone until it's done.)

That's a GREAT series, I love those books! Highly recommend them as well.

I'm a huge fan of YA lit, and often prefer a well-written teen novel to adult fic, though I read both. I just finished Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson - scary, but excellent.

• 1 month later...

Okay... having now finished Ravens of Avalon, I've gone through 'Rediscovery' (by Marion Bradley and Mercedes Lackey)

and M*A*S*H. Both were amazing and I've gone through them in a matter of days (at my current book-reading speed that's... fast. :bleh: ) Currently starting in another batch of Darkover novels. :lol:

Currently reading Dragon Haven by Robin Hobb (thanks again, Nova <3) and it's every bit as amazing as I knew it would be, and more.

Currently finishing "Purgatory Ridge" by William Kent Krueger. Murder mystery in northern Minnesota.

BTW, over vacation last week I read, "The Male Brain." It was a really quick read! :D (Sorry, guys; couldn't resist!)

BTW, over vacation last week I read, "The Male Brain." It was a really quick read! :angry: (Sorry, guys; couldn't resist!)

:angry:

I think I read that book as well. It was pretty good! I'd like to read the companion book on the female brain and see if it's an equally quick read. :D

I'm currently re-reading White Oleander but I'm supposed to be reading the Great Gatsby and Huckleberry Finn for school. I'm such a bad person.

Best book I've read in a while? Truancy by Isamu Fukui.

BTW, over vacation last week I read, "The Male Brain." It was a really quick read! :laugh: (Sorry, guys; couldn't resist!)

:laugh:

I think I read that book as well. It was pretty good! I'd like to read the companion book on the female brain and see if it's an equally quick read. :rolleyes:

I agree, "The Male Brain" was good -- I was impressed with how the author was able to put the findings of multiple clinical studies into layperson's terms. The footnotes were amazingly detailed. The author really makes the science accessible to non-medical folks.

I did read "The Female Brain" a couple of years ago -- in fact, I have it in my office upstairs and I'm going to re-read it this week. I'm QUITE sure that it took me longer to read than "The Male Brain." :laugh:

I just started "Life of Pi". It's a sort of slow start, but I've been told that it gets a lot better once you get past the beginning. Well, I'll just keep reading then...

Daniel Silva's "The Rembrandt Affair." I <3 Gabriel Allon! Nothing like a sexy art restorer/assassin.