Sneeze Fetish Forum

What Are You Reading Right Now

doggo

I'm re-reading King's "The Talisman" alongside of Tess Gerritsen's "Vanish" and a non-fiction book about WW2.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Bondi

• March Hare

• TheCakeIsAlive

I recently read "Women" by Charles Bukowski. Some might find the book offensive, but to me it was about hope and redemption (even though the redemption doesn't occur until the very last page!)

Of course some might find it offensive. It's Bukowski :o^_^

I'm currently re-reading 'The Turn of the Screw' by Henry James, having been inspired to do so by a very interesting film adaption.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm currently re-reading 'The Turn of the Screw' by Henry James

I love that book! :yay:

I've just finished "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh and Henry Lincoln, for the second time. It strikes me as funny how people can be so surprised and offended by the idea; I've found it simply logical my entire life. B)

After reading Jasper Fforde's The Eyre Affair (very fun, set in an alternate England where people actually care about literature), I decided to read Jane Eyre itself. It's unbelievably good, if you can handle the 19th-century English. I'm surprised I haven't read it sooner.

I'm currently re-reading 'The Turn of the Screw' by Henry James

I love that book! :laugh:

I've just finished "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh and Henry Lincoln, for the second time. It strikes me as funny how people can be so surprised and offended by the idea; I've found it simply logical my entire life. :D

Have you read "The Divine Deception", by Keith Laidler? He makes such an obvious point about the Turin Shroud that I couldn't believe I'd never spotted it for myself!

“The Lost Books of the Odyssey,” by Zachary Mason. I was at the library, just browsing through the shelves, and came upon this on.

I've just finished "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh and Henry Lincoln, for the second time. It strikes me as funny how people can be so surprised and offended by the idea; I've found it simply logical my entire life. :laugh:

Have you read "The Divine Deception", by Keith Laidler? He makes such an obvious point about the Turin Shroud that I couldn't believe I'd never spotted it for myself!

No, I haven't. Sounds interesting, now I must hunt it down. *eyes glittering* :D

"If You Can't Lose It, Decorate iI" by Anita Renfroe

AMAZING book for women. Hilarious! One of those books you laugh out loud while reading and people look at you funny... :P

I just finished The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams and Farenheight 451 by Ray Bradbury. I'm in the middle of reading The Once And Future King, I forgot the author but it's basically like The Sword in the Stone and stuff. I'd like to re-read The Oddyssey, it's a nice story, even if it is around a thousand years old, give or take a few centuries.

Edited by randomgirl7

Starfish by Peter Watts. Just finished it today, and this book is SO freaking intense. I had to read it in small portions; Anything more was far too emotionally draining. This book is completely terrifying, and it's not even classified as Horror. I LOVED IT. Granted, it was written by a marine biologist, so the vocabulary can get rather confusing at times, but the point gets across nonetheless. This book is so emotional without even having to describe the emotions. There are many shockers, whether it be concerning the fate of the world, or who's sleeping with whom, and things of the kind. READ THIS. Seriously. The only word I can think of that gives it total justice is "intense", and I loved every disturbing moment of it.

The one thing I didn't like about it was that it turned into a contagion story at the end...But no worries, the contagion was contained! :) Or so I hope...there's a sequel that I MUST read, and it centers around a possibly-infected character, so...I REALLY hope it doesn't sway in the way of infection, but oh well. It'll be grand at any rate, I think. And even if contagion isn't your thing, it doesn't actually focus on it. It's just a "Oh, yeah, this happens" kind of thing, so it doesn't go into detail. It doesn't even say what the effect could be (though the first and only infected character, Scanlon, says, and I quote "So, what? The human race goes belly-up if I so much as sneeze outdoors?"

I really like Scanlon, so this line made me blush, even though the whole prospect is rather terrifying....

After 10 years, re-reading Tristram Shandy. Holy cow I had forgotten, this is so hilarious! :twisted: And so wise while at it.

Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares. It's about the girls from the sisterhood of the traveling pants grown up... I needed a break from school books :prop:

Hay fever or Summer Catarrh - George Miller Beard. :)

:D

Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky. My friend bought me the computer game last Christmas, and I saw the book for sale recently and had to have it!