Sneeze Fetish Forum

What Are You Reading Right Now

doggo

I just started "Life of Pi". It's a sort of slow start, but I've been told that it gets a lot better once you get past the beginning. Well, I'll just keep reading then...

I STILL have to get to that. :lol:

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Bondi

• March Hare

• TheCakeIsAlive

I just started "Life of Pi". It's a sort of slow start, but I've been told that it gets a lot better once you get past the beginning. Well, I'll just keep reading then...

Mhmm. It starts off pretty slow, but then you just get hooked. I loved it. :lol:

"Girl, interrupted" by Susanna Kaysen. You know, the funny thing is that a lot of the stuff she mentions in that book is... well, me? And I don't have borderline. I'm just fucked up in general.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished re-reading Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone yesterday. It's been somewhere around 4 years since I've read a HP book, and I kind of forgot how fun that series is. I started reading Ash by Malinda Lo last night, and I'm about halfway through it :twisted: After that, I'll be reading Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently, I'm reading The Glass Castle. I've only just begun, but it's very good; I recommend it.

I'm currently reading 'Dubliners' by James Joyce, and 'The Forbidden Tower' by Marion Bradley :drool: (that second one was totally unexpected, wasn't it? :P *has read too many Marion Bradley books lately*)

I just finished "Sick Puppy," by Carl Hiassen. I love his books and totally outrageous characters!! I am going to get his newest book, "Star Island" after I get paid this Friday, and I can't wait! It got really good reviews.

• 2 months later...

In the middle of re-reading the Patricia Cornwell "Portrait of a Murderer: Jack the Ripper - Case Closed". It's quite intriguing.

Last night I finished Ishiguro's "Never Let Me Go" (currently a movie). FABULOUS! I can't imagine that the movie will do it justice.

In the middle of re-reading the Patricia Cornwell "Portrait of a Murderer: Jack the Ripper - Case Closed". It's quite intriguing.

Oh dear God, I loved this book! Has she convinced you yet?

I've been to the Top House at the Lizard several times, and the staff gave me really funny looks when they saw that was the book I was sitting in the bar reading...

Oh dear God, I loved this book! Has she convinced you yet?

I've been to the Top House at the Lizard several times, and the staff gave me really funny looks when they saw that was the book I was sitting in the bar reading...

:yuck: She convinced me from chapter 1. The ripper was like a "modern day serial killer who travelled back in time", I've always felt that way.. I think she got the facts out quite nicely and didn't dissolved in pure speculations either. Plus, the incredible amount of money she put into it - it wasn't just a little tourist thing to her.

I felt she was in a way turning herself into Scarpetta when she went through this case, somehow. Her Scarpetta novels are amazing, but honestly I don't like her other works. But this one, is just... TRUE. It really feels like the true story.

Just finished Stephen Fry's autobiography "Moab is my Washpot" which was very interesting if a bit slow at times, and started "War of the Worlds" which I'm ashamed to say I've never read before.

Stranger by Megan Hart, and damn it has this one part I think a lot of you would love as much as I did. :bday:

I'm reading Nightmares and Dreamscapes - a volume of short stories by Stephen King. They're not all good, but many of them are, so far.

Currently reading Agatha Christie's "At Bertram's Hotel". I read mostly Poirot when I was younger, because those were the stories I had easier access to, but I recently got a pile of Agatha Christie novels from my mother-in-law's estate (thanks to my fantastic ex-husband, who snagged them for me, remembering that his mother had wanted to give them to me). While it's not a typical Miss Marple novel, in that she's not even at the center of the action and the book is 3/4 over, I'm really enjoying it :P

Currently reading Agatha Christie's "At Bertram's Hotel". I read mostly Poirot when I was younger, because those were the stories I had easier access to, but I recently got a pile of Agatha Christie novels from my mother-in-law's estate (thanks to my fantastic ex-husband, who snagged them for me, remembering that his mother had wanted to give them to me). While it's not a typical Miss Marple novel, in that she's not even at the center of the action and the book is 3/4 over, I'm really enjoying it :twisted:

It's a good one, isn't it? Have you read The Murder of Roger Ackroyd? I think that'll always be my favourite Christie, along with Five Little Pigs and Cat Among the Pigeons.

Yes, Roger Ackroyd still lives on as one of my favorites :twisted: Murder in Mesopotamia is my absolute favorite though :D

Currently reading Agatha Christie's "At Bertram's Hotel". I read mostly Poirot when I was younger, because those were the stories I had easier access [...]

That was exactly the other way round for me! I somehow couldn't get along with Poirot at the beginning and started with the Miss Marple novels. ^^

My first one was "16:50 from Paddington" and it's still my favourite :twisted:

I started reading "Acceptance" by David L. Marcus. It's about a high school guidance counselor helping seven kids find the perfect colleges for them, such a good book.

I just re-read "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "The Catcher in The Rye" - two of my all time favorite books from school, along with "The Book Thief" and if you haven't read it you should be running out to your local library and getting it. It's one of the best books I've ever read, and that's saying something.

And now I'm reading Mary Celeste, which is an exploration of the disappearance of the crew of this vessel.

Someone may have posted about reading this or have read it, but "The Girl" trilogy [The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's] seems quite amazing by how much I've read so far. Yet another series I was introduced into by my bf. Where he's read all three, I'm about a little more than halfway in the first one. Very good read. Swedish translated to English some time ago. The author, Stieg Larsson, passed away shortly after writing the last one. There are even movie adaptations subtitled in English that are pretty well matched to the books, which is a rarity.