Sneeze Fetish Forum

2nd Drabble Challenge - beatlelover22

beatlelover22

I just... I can't get over how great these all are... You are wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He figured it was time to take the rag weed out of the air vents.

GAHHHHH!!!!!!!! I'm rolling! :rofl:

I must say this show has grown on me. Just a tad :blush:

Oh, that Steve...

I liked the way you imagined a future where Bucky's some way down the road in terms of therapy and whatnot, but still needing Steve to balance him out. And of course, when Steve isn't able to be the put-together one in every possible way, Bucky's nervous on both their accounts.

I feel like Steve's providing the same stability for Bucky even when he's sick, though (partly because he's a little over-eager on the self-sacrifice front-"The important question is how are you?" really Steve?- but that's for another day). But he's able to provide reassurance, and it's possibly even a little nostalgic- helping Bucky to find his way back to times when he looked out for Steve.

I also liked Steve's nervous awakening- sometimes it's too easy to forget in Steve+Bucky fics that both of them are carrying trauma and war-habits around with them. It was a nice touch.

Also, pffft. House would.

1 – Healing | 2 – Complicated | 3 – Making History | 4 – Rivalry | 5 – Unbreakable | 6 – Obsession | 7 – Eternity | 8 – Gateway | 9 – Death | 10 – Opportunities | 11 – 33% | 12 – Dead Wrong| 13 – Running Away | 14 – Judgement | 15 – Seeking Solace | 16 – Excuses | 17 – Vengeance | 18 – Love | 19 – Tears | 20 – Inspiration | 21 – Never Again | 22 – Online | 23 – Failure | 24 – Rebirth | 25 – Breaking Away | 26 – Forever and a Day | 27 – Lost and Found | 28 – Light | 29 – Dark | 30 – Faith | 31 – Colours | 32 – Exploration | 33 – Seeing Red | 34 – Shades of Grey | 35 – Forgotten | 36 – Dreamer | 37 – Mist | 38 – Burning | 39 – Out of Time | 40 – Knowing How | 41 – Fork in the Road | 42 – Start | 43 – Nature's Fury | 44 – At Peace | 45 – Heart Song | 46 – Reflection | 47 – Perfection | 48 – Everyday Magic | 49 – Umbrella | 50 – Party | 51 – Troubling Thoughts | 52 – Wind | 53 – Future | 54 – Health | 55 – Separation | 56 – Everything for You | 57 – Slow Down | 58 – Heart-felt Apology | 59 – Challenged | 60 – Exhaustion | 61 –Accuracy | 62 – Irregular Orbit | 63 – Cold Embrace | 64 – Frost | 65 – Moment in Time | 66 – Dangerous Territory | 67 – Boundaries | 68 – Unsettling | 69–Shattered | 70 – Bitter | 71 – Silence | 72 – Weather | 73 – Pretence | 74 – Patience | 75 – Midnight | 76 – Shadows | 77 – Summer Haze |78–Memories | 79 – Change | 80 – Illogical | 81 – Only Human | 82 – A Place to Belong | 83 – Advantage | 84 – Breakfast | 85 – Echoes | 86 – Falling |87– Picking up the Pieces | 88 – Gunshot | 89 – Possession | 90 – Twilight | 91 – Nowhere | 92 – Nothing | 93 – Answers | 94 – Innocence | 95–Simplicity | 96 – Reality | 97 – Acceptance | 98 – Lesson | 99 – Enthusiast | 100 – Game | 101 – Revelation

AN - Everyone thanks for your AWESOME comments! They're always so sweet and make my day for sure. :) This one's actually for Jormungandr. I hope you feel better! Chin up, we're here for you!

24. "Everyday Magic"

Fandom: Sherlock (BBC)

Characters/Pairings: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson

Prompt: Everyday Magic

Disclaimer: I don't own the previously mentioned fandom, quotes, plots, nor any of it's characters.

Sherlock was sick as a dog. So sick, in fact, that John had to drive to the crime scene and pick him up.

"Get off. Get your sweaty hands off me!" Sherlock snarled, fighting against Lestrade's grasp. As John walked over to the group of police officers, Lestrade locked eyes with him and visibly sighed. "Thank god."

"Sherlock?!" he jogged over to his friend, eyebrow raised. "What exactly--?"

Donovan glared at the private investigator. "He's sick and trying to get us all infected. It's disgusting."

"I'm perfectly fine!" Sherlock snapped, finally breaking free from Lestrade. John took this time to study him. Sherlock's hair was matted to his forehead and his eyes were glassy, so he had a definite fever. Nose tinged pink and--

"Ah'KUSHHHH!" He stumbled forward with the force and John saw Donovan's look of disgust. He followed up with an equally strong "Heh'TSSSHOO!"

"Bless you." John muttered, grabbing hold of his friend's arm. "Alright, alright, show's over. Thanks for calling me." John directed the last bit towards Lestrade, who nodded at him.

The ride home was quick and painless. Sherlock didn't say a word, save for the occasional sniffle. John handed the cabbie a bank note and he walked with Sherlock up the steps to their flat.

As soon as they reached the top of the stairs, John noticed Sherlock's swaying.

"Sherlock, are you--"

"Dizzy." the young man told him, eyes blank.

Thankfully, they were able to make it to the sofa, where John was able to help him lay down. "Just take it easy." he instructed.

Sherlock flicked his itching nose with a finger, unintentionally inducing a sneeze. "Hap'SHOO!" He cleared his throat and grimaced on account of how sore it had become.

John brewed him a cup of lemon tea and inconspicuously added a teaspoon of honey, to ease his friend's sore throat.

"No." Sherlock said upon seeing the cup of tea. "I'm too hot for hot drinks. Hot damn." he added, chuckling. "I think my fever has risen."

The doctor cursed after feeling the heat radiating off him. "I think you're right... sit back and drink your tea."

"Huh... h-hehhh..." Sherlock pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a shuddery exhale. "Heh'ESSSHHOO!"

"Bless." John handed him a tissue and pointed to the tea. "Blow, then drink."

Sherlock took a small, hesitant sip and smiled. "I like it. It soothes my throat. You know? You're magic, John, magic." He grinned, eyes wild.

"You don't mean that." John assured him. "You're ill."

"And you're magic."

Oh, that Steve...

I liked the way you imagined a future where Bucky's some way down the road in terms of therapy and whatnot, but still needing Steve to balance him out. And of course, when Steve isn't able to be the put-together one in every possible way, Bucky's nervous on both their accounts.

I feel like Steve's providing the same stability for Bucky even when he's sick, though (partly because he's a little over-eager on the self-sacrifice front-"The important question is how are you?" really Steve?- but that's for another day). But he's able to provide reassurance, and it's possibly even a little nostalgic- helping Bucky to find his way back to times when he looked out for Steve.

I also liked Steve's nervous awakening- sometimes it's too easy to forget in Steve+Bucky fics that both of them are carrying trauma and war-habits around with them. It was a nice touch.

Also, pffft. House would.

Thanks for replying! I loved your detailed comment! I'm so glad you liked the Steve/Bucky one because they're my favourite to write!

Fever, fever, fever. I love it all. Not much for fever myself, but fever speak is just hysterical.

This one's actually for Jormungandr. I hope you feel better! Chin up, we're here for you!

:hug: Thank you so much!

Delirious Sherlock telling John he's magic :wub: You've hit on something I really like with someone whose normally not affectionate or emotional demonstrative letting their aloofness slip when they're sick and sort of accidentally telling/showing someone how much they like them. John as long-suffering personal nursemaid to uncooperative sick Sherlock is also one of my favorite tropes for this fandom.

This one's actually for Jormungandr. I hope you feel better! Chin up, we're here for you!

hug.gif Thank you so much!

Delirious Sherlock telling John he's magic wub.png You've hit on something I really like with someone whose normally not affectionate or emotional demonstrative letting their aloofness slip when they're sick and sort of accidentally telling/showing someone how much they like them. John as long-suffering personal nursemaid to uncooperative sick Sherlock is also one of my favorite tropes for this fandom.

I'm so glad you liked it! <3 I just love Sherlock showing that part of him, especially when it's unintentional!

You're magic, John, magic." He grinned, eyes wild.

I think this is my favorite part and I don't know why. Love the drabble.

You're magic, John, magic." He grinned, eyes wild.

I think this is my favorite part and I don't know why. Love the drabble.

Thank you so much! Glad you liked it :)

1 – Healing | 2 – Complicated | 3 – Making History | 4 – Rivalry | 5 – Unbreakable | 6 – Obsession | 7 – Eternity | 8 – Gateway | 9 – Death | 10 – Opportunities | 11 – 33% | 12 – Dead Wrong| 13 – Running Away | 14 – Judgement | 15 – Seeking Solace | 16 – Excuses | 17 – Vengeance | 18 – Love | 19 – Tears | 20 – Inspiration | 21 – Never Again | 22 – Online | 23 – Failure | 24 – Rebirth | 25 – Breaking Away | 26 – Forever and a Day | 27 – Lost and Found | 28 – Light | 29 – Dark | 30 – Faith | 31 – Colours | 32 – Exploration | 33 – Seeing Red | 34 – Shades of Grey | 35 – Forgotten | 36 – Dreamer | 37 – Mist | 38 – Burning | 39 – Out of Time | 40 – Knowing How | 41 – Fork in the Road | 42 – Start | 43 – Nature's Fury | 44 – At Peace | 45 – Heart Song | 46 – Reflection | 47 – Perfection | 48 – Everyday Magic | 49 – Umbrella | 50 – Party | 51 – Troubling Thoughts | 52 – Wind | 53 – Future | 54 – Health | 55 – Separation | 56 – Everything for You | 57 – Slow Down | 58 – Heart-felt Apology | 59 – Challenged | 60 – Exhaustion | 61 –Accuracy | 62 – Irregular Orbit | 63 – Cold Embrace | 64 – Frost | 65 – Moment in Time | 66 – Dangerous Territory | 67 – Boundaries | 68 – Unsettling | 69–Shattered | 70 – Bitter | 71 – Silence | 72 – Weather | 73 – Pretence | 74 – Patience | 75 – Midnight | 76 – Shadows | 77 – Summer Haze |78–Memories | 79 – Change | 80 – Illogical | 81 – Only Human | 82 – A Place to Belong | 83 – Advantage | 84 – Breakfast | 85 – Echoes | 86 – Falling |87– Picking up the Pieces | 88 – Gunshot | 89 – Possession | 90 – Twilight | 91 – Nowhere | 92 – Nothing | 93 – Answers | 94 – Innocence | 95–Simplicity | 96 – Reality | 97 – Acceptance | 98 – Lesson | 99 – Enthusiast | 100 – Game | 101 – Revelation

AN - I just started watching Pushing Daises, so I'm kind of testing out the waters here...

25. "Morning Rituals"

Fandom: Pushing Daisies

Characters/Pairings: Ned/Charlotte "Chuck" Charles

Prompt: Only Human

Disclaimer: I don't own the previously mentioned fandom, quotes, plots, nor any of it's characters.

Ned's eyes fluttered open and his stomach clenched. He'd only just woken up and in that time span, had processed three things rather quickly in his mind. Firstly, he had an intense need to sneeze. Secondly, Chuck was still sleeping in the bed next to him. Thirdly and perhaps most importantly, sneezes make noises, and usually loud noises at that.

He pinched his nose with a thumb and forefinger, trying to be silent. "Nn'CH!" He blinked dizzily, staring up at the ceiling. Well that wasn't so bad, he thought to himself just as his nose began to tickle again. "Heh! Heh'NGT! Atch'KT!" A few tears trickled down his cheek and he brushed them away with the back of his hand. He sniffled as quietly as possible and waited another ten seconds before he deemed it safe to roll back over on his side and continue to pretend to be asleep. He turned over on his side, cringing as the springs squeaked. Chuck's green eyes were open and watching him. "That," she said, "was impressive."

Ned felt his skin flush. "I'm... I'm sorry I woke you." He subconsciously rubbed his nose.

"You didn't really, I was mostly awake."

"No, really," Ned continued, "I'm sorry about all that. I just--" He stopped mid-sentence. "Sorry, I'm about to-- hah'SHHP!"

"Bless you!"

Ned rubbed his nose and tried hard not to blush. He apparently didn't try hard enough.

"Oh, Ned... you don't have to be embarrassed! After all, you're only human!"

He smiled back at her. "Only human..." Funnily enough, he didn't always feel human.

Neddddddd! Pushing Daisies is always welcome, beatlelover22. Always.

and this little snippet felt very Ned. Poor baby. He tries so hard to be in control.

I liked all the little ways that you implied that he was trying to contain pretty powerful sneezes. I liked them a lot.

And oh, Chuck. waiting patiently for him to notice her, then

"That," she said, "was impressive."

Babies.

This was loooovely!! Oh Ned, sweetheart! wub.png

Him being all considerate and adorable and AH, nose-pinchy, lying-on-my-back, justwokeupsneezes... my heart! :3

EXCITED PUSHING DAISIES NOISES. That was so precious, and I second everything RiversD and Tauriel said. The point of view was great, very charming with a twinge of panic, so very... Ned.

And Chuck, so adorable and can't understand why he's freaking out half the time. I love them. Great job! I would totally love it if you tested the waters more :x

AN - You guys are honestly so sweet! Sorry I haven't really replied for awhile... this week has been so stressful with work and all! :) Let's try this testing the waters... part two! :P

26. "Proper Kitchen Behaviour"

Fandom: Pushing Daisies

Characters/Pairings: Ned/Charlotte "Chuck" Charles, Olive Snook

Prompt: Vengeance

Although it had been weeks since their shared kiss, Olive Snook was still considerably hurt Ned had chose Chuck over herself. So when she came down with a cold, Olive decided to spread her misery by "accidentally" coming to work ill and sneezing all over the place. When she her the first quiet "heh'TSH!" from Ned a few days later, Olive smiled to herself, knowing she'd gotten revenge. Vengeance was a beautiful thing.

Olive and Chuck were sitting at a table together, sipping coffee, when Ned swung open the door to the Pie Hole, seven minutes and thIrty-three seconds later than usual. He gave a little wave to the women sitting there and quickly disappeared into the kitchen.

Chuck glanced at Olive. "Was he acting weird to you?"

She shrugged. "I didn't notice."

"I'm pretty sure he was wearing a scarf." Chuck considered this. "It's 83 degrees outside." She stood up abruptly. "Ned?"

Meanwhile, Ned was attempting to make pies without sneezing. Having worked in the food industry for some time, it was a gold rule not to come to work when ill. However, he really didn't want Chuck worrying over him. He sniffled, wishing his nose would stop running. His nostrils twitched, desperate for a repreive, and they soon got it. "Hh'SCHH! Hehh! Heh! CHH!"

He stared guiltily at the pie he had just sneezed on. After hesitating, he tossed it in the garbage bin, washed his hands, and began again. By the time he'd rolled out a piece of dough, he had to sneeze again. This time, he stumbled backwards, eyelids fluttering shut, and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Hh'PCH! Eh'XST! Hahhh... sh'PP!" Shivering, he turned away from the counter to blow his nose.

"Jeez, bless you, Sneezy."

Ned whipped around, nose still buried in his handkerchief. He blushed. "I didn't hear you come in."

She laughed, then stopped. "Hey, are you okay?"

He chuckled nervously. "O-of course. Why wouldn't I b-be?"

"You're shaking. And wearing a scarf."

These were both true statements. In fact, the scarf Ned was wearing was grey and blue striped.

Suddenly and without warning, Ned's breath started to hitch and he immediately put a finger under his nose to avoid sneezing. Chuck gave him a small smile. "And you keep sneezing."

Just as he was about to deny this, his eyes began to water and he gave a half-stifled, kitten sneeze. "Eh'KCH!"

"Aw, that was cute!" Chuck giggled at the tiny sound, making Ned's cheeks go as red as his chapped nose.

She called me cute, he thought, sniffling.

"You should go home." Chuck suggested. "I'll have Emerson drive you. And I could come with, if you want. I'm sure Olive can hold the place down."

He nodded. "Yeah, okay. Just don't touch--"

"I know," Chuck said softly, "I won't touch you."

AW YAY DAISIES! yay.gif

I love Chuck’s perceptiveness to Ned acting slightly odd, even amongst the many shades of anxious oddness that is his usual state! And then going to check on him… before rattling-off the list of things that prove my theory!

"I'm sure Olive can hold the place down."

Heh… holding down orders/kitchen run/coffee duty/cash register ETC ETC as a one-woman-show… ohhh Olive… you’ve got some major karma heading your way! heh.gif

• 3 weeks later...

JOINING THE EXCITED PUSHING DAISIES NOISES!

I can only repreat what the others said, your drabbles are amazing and so very in character! I´m happy you decided to test the waters more :D

Also: Olive you little shit! Nevermind I still love you

Hi, I just wondered if you knew How To Train Your Dragon? Because I could do with some sick Hiccup in my life

JOINING THE EXCITED PUSHING DAISIES NOISES!

I can only repreat what the others said, your drabbles are amazing and so very in character! I´m happy you decided to test the waters more biggrin.png

Also: Olive you little shit! Nevermind I still love you

Awww, thank you so much! Hopefully I'll have some time for some more! ;)

Hi, I just wondered if you knew How To Train Your Dragon? Because I could do with some sick Hiccup in my life

Oh man, I havne't! You're the second person to request that though, I'll have to get around to watching it! :P

AN - So it's been, like, a month. And I love Daredevil, so here's some Matt for ya.

27. "Sleep-Deprived Lawyers"

Fandom: Daredevil

Characters/Pairings: Matt Murdock (Daredevil), Foggy Nelson

Prompt: Advantage

"Huh... huh'SHOO!" Matt Murdock sneezed for what felt like the billionth time.

"Bless you!" Foggy called from the other room. "And good morning."

Matt cursed under his breath. What time was it? His alarm hadn't gone off. The young man felt the side of his nightstand, swung his legs out of bed, and made his way into the kitchen, yawning.

"Wh-what t-- hap'SHHUH!" He sneezed tiredly into a hand and then let his nostrils flare, waiting. "H-hehh... hup'SHHH!" He groaned and let himself slump into the nearest chair. "Jesus. Whad tibe is id?"

"Time? It's half past eleven, about. Oh, and bless you. Twice."

"Half past... eleven? But my--"

Foggy was smiling guiltily. "Alarm clock? Yeah, I turned that off. I mean, you were looked pretty banged up last night and I wanted to make sure you got some rest. We can't have a sleep deprived lawyer on the loose."

Matt sighed. "Thags, bud really?" He felt the air shift as Foggy placed a glass in front of him.

"Orange juice. Drink up. Sounds like you're gonna need it."

Just as Matt was about to argue, his nose twitched and he felt that familiar tickle. "Ah'SHUHHH!" Understandably, his nose began to run. The man instinctively reached out in the direction of the tissues, but found they weren't there. "Dammit! Foggy, did you move the t-tissues?" He shuddered before turning away. "At'SCHH!"

"Yep, sorry. Here they are, man." Foggy placed the box directly into Matt's hands and pretended not to notice him blushing.

Archived