• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Rook

• Kaze Wo Hiku

• SneezyHolmes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Peacefully rocking on my grandparents’ porch swing. I’m drenched in sweat and surrounded by cows, corn, and soybeans.. I really couldn’t be happier.

2 hours ago, Selene said:

Home-made iced coffee for lunch on a hot Friday. Sometimes the simple things are the best things☀️ 

Oh man, home-made iced coffee is the best. I had mine at breakfast 😍

Started my summer job yesterday, and my first shift was surprisingly not too disastrous! Hopefully it continues well. ^_^

I got my new brain meds today! I am optimistic since these were matched with my genotype after I did a test.  Apparently, I didn't know this, some antidepressant might not work on some people due to their genotype and how the liver breaks down the medicine.  The two medicines I had been on before fell into the category of not having an effect on me.

I swear more people should know about this since I basically wasted two years taking medicine that my body wasn't able to break down and use properly so I'm actually excited to try the new ones and hopefully, finally feel balanced again.

15 hours ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

I got my new brain meds today! I am optimistic since these were matched with my genotype after I did a test.  Apparently, I didn't know this, some antidepressant might not work on some people due to their genotype and how the liver breaks down the medicine.  The two medicines I had been on before fell into the category of not having an effect on me.

I swear more people should know about this since I basically wasted two years taking medicine that my body wasn't able to break down and use properly so I'm actually excited to try the new ones and hopefully, finally feel balanced again.

Kaze that's awesome if you don't mind me asking what test was it that you took because I feel interested in taking the test if it's in if it's available cuz that might help me try to find alternatives to the Depakote I take

7 hours ago, Ashlex said:

Kaze that's awesome if you don't mind me asking what test was it that you took because I feel interested in taking the test if it's in if it's available cuz that might help me try to find alternatives to the Depakote I take

If you have a psychiatrist ask them about genetic testing, there is one called GeneSight that shows the likelihood of how you'll respond to different kinds of meds. It will depend on what insurance will cover.

@Ashlex depakote is an anti-seizure medicine, i wouldn't recommend going off of it if your doctors have put you onto it, without talking to your doctors about it first, since i know you do have a history with seizures.

18 hours ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

@Ashlex depakote is an anti-seizure medicine, i wouldn't recommend going off of it if your doctors have put you onto it, without talking to your doctors about it first, since i know you do have a history with seizures.

I know I don't want to go off at either but my mom was really adamant on getting me on something new and I'm just like please no

That moment when the cute new girl at work asks you on a date and it turns out she's been crushing on you too and you're just kjsdaashhdkjsahdkjasdhk..!

Image result for blush intensifies

Someone just told me that I wear my dimples well and I

For over a decade I've suffered from severe noise sensitivity(as well as general environmental sensitivities) and fireworks can be a huge trigger for me. Due to changing laws about fireworks where I live, the situation last summer was about a hundred times worse than it had ever been in my three decades of living here. At times it was so bad that I was on the floor in full meltdown mode because it sounded like an air raid going over the house.

Because of all of that, I was really dreading the holiday this year. I discovered a technique called EFT and I used it when someone was shooting off fireworks last saturday, that sounded like they were right next to the house even though they were a few streets away. It definitely helped to keep me from going into a full panic attack, but didn't help 100% at relieving all of my stress, but I'm sure it requires practice.

I've also been doing some new meditations over the past week or so that have been amazing at elevating my mood and have actually helped reduce my chronic pain even though that's not what they were specifically for. Because of those meditations, I wasn't even stressed out at all today when I'd normally be a sack of raw nerves dreading the fireworks. When the fireworks actually started, I didn't panic in the least. Normally I would have had a jolt of adrenaline and be scrambling for my earplugs or noise isolating earbuds. When the fireworks got to the point where they were starting to get a bit irritating, I calmly popped in the earbuds and put on rain sounds. And I'm not sure if the fireworks were objectively not as bad as last year, but the ear buds seemed to do a much better job than I expected of drowning the noise out. So I was completely fine today. I had this EFT video made by a war vet specifically for fireworks that I had all ready to go, and I didn't even need it.

I'm kind of in this state where I can't quite believe how well I'm doing with this, and I wonder what other areas of my life I can improve next.

Had a lovely date today! She is so sweet I can't even. Told her I'd never been to IHOP the other day and she drove me an HOUR just for IHOP. Then we went shopping together and just drove around blaring music and singing like a couple of loons. Can't wait for date #2! :D :inlove: 

today I finally joined the climbing gym by me and i am getting back into it.

ive been apprehensive for reasons + going alone but i did a couple of routes and stretched today and didn't freak out and hopefully this will also control and mitigate some debilitating anxiety. just gotta get myself there and im fine, right? 10 minutes away, aint no thang.

5 hours ago, SneezyHolmes said:

Had a lovely date today! She is so sweet I can't even. Told her I'd never been to IHOP the other day and she drove me an HOUR just for IHOP. Then we went shopping together and just drove around blaring music and singing like a couple of loons. Can't wait for date #2! :D :inlove: 

I'm so happy for YOU

9d8b6cb5ecd150ae0bfc1961b31eb2f4--reaction-pics-reaction-memes.jpg

I bought a dress for an Oct wedding and I don't look awful in it.

I am always so pleasantly surprised when people are interested in me in the same way that I'm interested in them. There is no longer a seed of doubt in my mind that I am a full blown lesbian. I had no idea what I was missing while I wasted my time with guys. Being a lesbian fucking rules. 

Finally sat down and forced myself to watch 'Good Omens' and let me tell ya, I'm only on episode two but I already love this show! Shame it's only a limited series! 😮 

Edited by SneezyHolmes

I want to get in on the good Omens bandwagon with the only way you can watch it as Hulu I think and I don't want to do a trial but if anyone has any recommendations on where to watch it if it's not just Hulu hit me up I can't believe I'm asking this but if worse comes to worst can I hijack someone's Hulu to watch good Omens

Seconding what Facet said but adding that Amazon does give away free trials of Prime on occasion to their users. I don't have a Prime membership but was given a thirty day free trial and just in time for the hype so it might pay off to be patient and watch it when you have a trial. :)

Edited by SneezyHolmes
2 hours ago, SneezyHolmes said:

Finally sat down and forced myself to watch 'Good Omens' and let me tell ya, I'm only on episode two but I already love this show! Shame it's only a limited series! 😮 

This show makes me so happy. I'm glad you like it.