• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Rook

• Kaze Wo Hiku

• SneezyHolmes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took a good selfie today and I did some self-care last night and my skin looks amazing because of it

Had an exhausting day at work but came home to all of my birds being clingy and happy to see me! Even my normally cranky parakeet, Edgar has been sitting on my head on and off since I got home. I also recently took over the care of a co-worker's Quaker Parrot named Marley and she has been sitting on my shoulder for about half an hour just trilling softly in my ear and giving me kisses. And when I asked her if she was telling me secrets she just whispers, 'Yeah!' and I swear my heart just grew ten times bigger!

I swear, having pets makes up for any bad day life could throw at me!

Edited by SneezyHolmes
1 hour ago, SneezyHolmes said:

I also recently took over the care of a co-worker's Quaker Parrot named Marley and she has been sitting on my shoulder for about half an hour just trilling softly in my ear and giving me kisses. And when I asked her if she was telling me secrets she just whispers, 'Yeah!'

That is so adorable! I was looking into adopting a Quaker a long time ago and then I found out they're illegal where I live, so I just have to be content with videos and stories. Thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, Shay said:

That is so adorable! I was looking into adopting a Quaker a long time ago and then I found out they're illegal where I live, so I just have to be content with videos and stories. Thanks for sharing!

She is an absolute joy I swear and I'm more than happy to share about her! :D When she wants your attention she'll either say 'What'cha doin'?' or 'C'mere!' and on occasion she has this tendency to laugh which is a little unnerving but ya know. :lol: 

1 hour ago, SneezyHolmes said:

She is an absolute joy I swear and I'm more than happy to share about her! :D When she wants your attention she'll either say 'What'cha doin'?' or 'C'mere!' and on occasion she has this tendency to laugh which is a little unnerving but ya know. :lol: 

Aww... so cute. And I love when birds mimic laughing. There is this one video of an Amazon parrot that will laugh hysterically and I watch it all the time because it's nearly impossible for me not to laugh/smile with it.

Anyway, gotta be careful what you say around her though. Some Quakers can be as good as at talking as African Grey Parrots which have a reputation for being some of the best talking parrots.

I love the forum and the people here who's been so supportive and kind and reached out to me during this rough time. Thank you. I so hope to get around and be more active as soon as I get stuff sorted out, once I can breathe again. 

:heart: 

Thanks for being here, guys. Very much appreciated. :hug: 

Lucidchart and baby shark made me smile baby shark doo doo doo doo baby shark :D

the storage bench i ordered for my room came im so happy

i put my towels and sheets in it so they're finally not in my laundry basket on the floor, and there are some extra drawers so i put my electronics, toys, and Actually Useful Items (like batteries, twine, tape measure, etc) in there so i have more room on the one shelf in my closet that holds all my stationary and art stuff, AND it gave me a place to put my throw pillows and my teddy bear so i have a clear dresser now 

and ALSO my new mattress came so im not sleeping in a HOLE anymore and i don't have to use 9 million pillows to compensate anymore and my room looks so CLEAN AND FRESH ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh 😌 💕 🙏

also, bc my electronics are now all so much more accessible than they were in a small box with toys and twine and Stuff in my closet, i can actlly put my spare earphones and my headset's charge chord in there and it's the BIGGEST relief seeing a clean and neat bedside table 

im just. i have been Very On Edge the last week or three because of Things Going On, and being able to neaten my room and declutter even just these areas is such a pleasant and relaxing reprieve

im now gonna take an shower and then eat olives while watching infinity train on CN's website hallelujah 🙌

Two-month trip starting tomorrow! So happy to be going on adventures with this time I’ve been gifted with! 

On 8/13/2019 at 7:51 AM, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

so im not sleeping in a HOLE anymore

Laughing because I slept in a hole for about ten years and it was like magic to sleep on a firm, "not-a-hole" mattress again. :lol: 

On 8/13/2019 at 2:19 PM, Reader said:

Two-month trip starting tomorrow! So happy to be going on adventures with this time I’ve been gifted with! 

That is awesome!!! Have fun! (and don't forget to check in... :P )

Edited by Chanel_no5
17 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Laughing because I slept in a hole for about ten years and it was like magic to sleep on a firm, "not-a-hole" mattress again. :lol: 

[...]

I'm happy that my appointment today went reasonably well. It'll take a few weeks before I know if they approve my request for financial aid, but IF they do, Internet will be included instead of the custom newspaper, which I don't have. So; I still don't know if I'll get any money, but if I do, I'll get enough to keep Internet bills covered. Thank fuck. :cheers: 

Now I'm gonna go take a loooooong nap, because I didn't sleep at all last night. :sleepy: 

omg 10 years! i was only suffering with it for 3 or 4 and i already started getting back injuries from it :lol: 10! is so many! 

god it is miraculous to sleep on a supportive bed tho, i woke up today feeling totally boneless 😍 

that's good news about your appointment today!! im relieved for u & i hope everything comes through now. rooting for u!! ♡

take that nap, it sounds like you rlly earned and need it haha ♡♡

Edited by •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.•
typo correction

So happy that I decided to take up bowling on retirement. Thoroughly enjoying it and have even reached the final of a competition (to be played on 1 September) despite being a newbie!

:joal:

I'm happy because I'll be returning to my apartment by my school in less than two weeks. I'll get to see my friends, dress however I want, speak freely, have a wonderful place to practice music, have privacy, be able to play video games, and so many other things. I can't express how excited I am to leave this house. Also I'll see my boyfriend after not seeing him for a few months, and we're going to the Cheesecake Factory. Also he just got a full time job and won't have to worry about health insurance now! This semester is going to be really hard, but I'll finally be able to see what it's like to actually teach kids. I think my schedule will actually allow me to seek therapy through the university during the semester, as well. I'm just feeling hopeful. I'm also so excited to try out a few new recipes and bake a whole bunch of stuff at weird hours!!

Just got back from my second interview with the company I'm applying for's District Manager and once my background check clears (and it will) I get to serve my two weeks to the boss that's been talking shit about me since I started! Heck yeah! I'm so excited! Hello again, weekly pay! :dancesequence:

I am blown away by my blossoming sexuality. Accepting my gayness was like taking one of those drugs that people claim expands their consciousness. I am so glad to be past thinking that I was straight, that sexual pleasure is for men and most straight women just sort of tolerate it. I had resigned myself to a lifetime of sex that was mediocre at best (and most times coerced) because I didn't think I deserved any better. I felt like I had to stay in a loveless and toxic relationship because it was with a man, and I was supposed to be with a man, and that ending the relationship would indicate a failure or inadequacy on my part. I can't get over how all of the things I used to pretend to enjoy with him, I am now genuinely enjoying with her. I don't have to act the part anymore and I am just. So happy. So relieved. So hopeful. It's beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

Edited by Anonymouse

@Anonymouse, I'm so happy for you! You deserve all the best things, and to be able to be yourself. :hug:It's wonderful that you've found someone who you vibe with and who treats you well.

I'm happy because I'm learning about my major outside of school, and that I'll be going back to school this Sunday! ^_^ Every day I get more psyched for it. Plus, I have an interview for another school job waiting for meee!

I go back to teaching  tomorrow! :clapping: I've had a great summer but I'm so excited to get back in the classroom. Got a new dress, a killer syllabus, and fresh dry erase markers! I'm going to have a hard time sleeping.

I ... Have .... a plan that seems manageable and workable for me even if my mental health acts up...

*peeks from behind protective self walls* yay! im nervous happy hopeful scared and SO FING READY

2019 WILL BE THE YEAR SOMETHING PIVITOLLY POSITIVE HAPPENS BECAUSE I DESERVE IT I DESERVE TO GET BE AND ENJOY MYSELF MY HEALTH MY CHOICES MY RIGHTS AND MY WELLBEING 

i deserve to be happy without guilt its gonna happen its gonna for me for all i will grow i will be happy and hold my head high against those who oppose me

I AM NOT A HORRIBLE DAUGHTER OR PERSON FOR HAVING A CRASHING POINT OVER SOMETHING I DONT DESERVE

2019/2020 IS THE YEAR SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENS IN MY FAMILY I'LL MAKE IT EVEN IF I HAVE TO KICK AND SCREAM

HI IM ALEXA IM EXCITED TO MEET YOU ❤️ 

Edited by PuddinPop
Removed full name