Sneeze Fetish Forum

Movie Quote Game.

resolution

Watership Down

"Ah... so."

"What'd you call me?"

is that Good Fellas?

I looked it up to check...no, it's not. Anyone else want to take a stab?

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - I guess I stumped ya'll. :winkkiss: It's The Private Eyes - 1980. Tim Conway & Don Knotts Love that movie.

Okay, an easy one

"Get to the choppa!!"

We're looking for distinctive famous quotes.

"what'd you say"

and "get to the chopper" could be a hundred different movies.

starpollen. that could be any one of several movies, I think we need a bit more please. :winkkiss:

Ookay... hopefully this is more specific:

"This stuff will make you a godd**ned Sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me."

You guys don't have to be rude about it.

To be fair to Starpollen, having looked up where her quote is from, it is apparently significantly more famous in one particular movie than any other. The same with the previous one. When I looked it up, only one movie came up as it having been quoted from, which was indeed the answer.

I can sympathise with Tiger and resolution's point that it's good to keep the game moving, and the aim of it isn't necessarily to stump everyone else (not that I think you were trying to do that, starpollen). However, what one person thinks is a simple and famous quote, someone else may well have never heard of.

starpollen. that could be any one of several movies, I think we need a bit more please. :yes:

Well, I looked this one up and im pretty sure its from "Predator".

You'll never be able to gues this one! :winkkiss: "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get"

Forrest Gump! Yay!

"Inconceivable!" - I know, it seems like it could be anything, but if you've seen the movie then you think of it right away. And lots of people have seen the movie.

starpollen. that could be any one of several movies, I think we need a bit more please. :laugh:

You'll never be able to gues this one! :P "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get"

I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm pretty sure the whole point of this game is to guess quotes without having to look them up.

And sorry, count, but I think Paperthings was first - her quote was from The Princess Bride. But I'll give people a chance to answer count's quote before I add one of my own. :cryhappy:

Sorry about that; I should go ahead anyway. Especially as mine is one of those irritating ones which are well known but can't be found on the usual sites. I spose that makes it better, if I got it right.....

For some reason, Count's is making me think of "White Christmas", but I know that's not right.

Folks, want to slow down just a bit so people aren't missing their turns here? Twice now someone has gotten all excited and posted too quickly.

starpollen. that could be any one of several movies, I think we need a bit more please. :wub:

You'll never be able to gues this one! :laugh: "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get"

I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm pretty sure the whole point of this game is to guess quotes without having to look them up.

And sorry, count, but I think Paperthings was first - her quote was from The Princess Bride. But I'll give people a chance to answer count's quote before I add one of my own. :wub:

Oh! Sorry :P That was my bad lol wont happen again :cryhappy:

Forrest Gump! Yay!

"Inconceivable!" - I know, it seems like it could be anything, but if you've seen the movie then you think of it right away. And lots of people have seen the movie.

The Princess Bride. :D

Sneezedreamer had already guessed that one. The one currently up for grabs is ""I know, we'll put on a show right here in **********!" by the count.

Folks, the point of the game is to have fun... I've seen a few snarks in this thread that won't be tolerated further. It's fine to ask for a hint, but ask nicely please. Nobody likes to be mocked or made fun of. If your google-fu is failing you, then stop trying to cheat in the first place :D

Sneezedreamer had already guessed that one. The one currently up for grabs is ""I know, we'll put on a show right here in **********!" by the count.

Folks, the point of the game is to have fun... I've seen a few snarks in this thread that won't be tolerated further. It's fine to ask for a hint, but ask nicely please. Nobody likes to be mocked or made fun of. If your google-fu is failing you, then stop trying to cheat in the first place :rolleyes:

Now that one does sound vaguely familiar, but I honestly don't know. I'm assuming it's ok to ask for a clue, as Tiger did, if it's done politely (saying please, etc)? In that case, please may we have a hint, count? I'm afraid I'm not terribly good with movie quotes, not without googling them (which is obviously cheating) and not unless I know the film well...hence the reason I rarely participate in this thread. So any extra clues are always appreciated :laugh:.

Fraid not. This always happens when I do these things; it would have been better to carry on. But here is a really hopeless clue.

Good morning.

Frayed knot. This is becoming such torture all round that I shall tell you. It is Babes in Arms, the first of the Mickey Rooney/ Judy Garland muscals. They sang the song "Good Morning" for the first time, apparently, and I thought someone was bound to know it because it is ususally misquoted as "Let's do the show right here." which has become a name for the whole genre.

Now, I hope this is better;

"Who's John F Kennedy?"

Frayed knot. This is becoming such torture all round that I shall tell you. It is Babes in Arms, the first of the Mickey Rooney/ Judy Garland muscals. They sang the song "Good Morning" for the first time, apparently, and I thought someone was bound to know it because it is ususally misquoted as "Let's do the show right here." which has become a name for the whole genre.

"Who's John F Kennedy?"

Oh my, my, my, I think I know this one! Is it from 'Back To The Future'? (one of my favourite movies!)

"Who's John F Kennedy?"

Oh my, my, my, I think I know this one! Is it from 'Back To The Future'? (one of my favourite movies!)

Probably, but the line originally also contained a very light expletive.

Archived