Sneeze Fetish Forum

What Are You Reading Right Now

doggo

I just finished "Beauty Queens" by Libba Bray. She is a phenomenal writer! The book made me laugh all the way through, and I just couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next! Kept me on the edge of my seat! Her writing style reminds me of Carl Hiassen, very witty and fast-paced. I highly recommend this book!!

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Bondi

• March Hare

• TheCakeIsAlive

Since I finally watched the BBC's Cranford some days ago and was really touched by the sad and melancholy story of Lady Ludlow, I started reading the book on which her story in the series was based on, "My Lady Ludlow". I'm enjoying it so far, but I still have quite a bit to go :)

I'm currently reading (for the second time) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (of the Vlogbrothers on Youtube) and it's wonderful. He's an amazing author and I highly recommend it!

I just finished the Horatio Hornblower series, and am now trying to decide whether to start on the Sharpe series or the Aubrey/Maturin one.

Sharpe: Frequently described as "the Army equivilent of Horatio Hornblower"...which would be awesome, since my favorite thing about the Hornblower novels was by far the character of Horatio Hornblower.

Aubrey/Maturin: Keeping with the Naval theme of the Hornblower series, with the added spice of a main character who's a ship's doctor (I'm such a dork for all things even vaguely medical).

Any suggestions? helpsmilie.gif

The Unbrearable Lightness of Being - Milan Kundera (Thanks to pig for recommending me this. It's fantastic.)

The Wizard's Hat - Tove Jansson

The Wild Things - David Eggers

Just Somebody To Punish - Kristofer Ahlström

The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch

The Inheritance - Robin Hobb

Monster - Naoki Urasawa

...I wish the day had more hours. x___x

Edited by VoOs

"Sects and secret societies"

"Political rethorics"

and

"Dead Run" by PJ Tracy

(you may be surprised to learn that I read them all for fun... tonguesmiley.gif )

Edited by Chanel_no5

Right now reading "The Siege" which is very good but not getting through it fast enough because I have to read "Unbroken" for book club on Wednesday!

I'm part of a writers group and right now I'm currently reading a manuscript from one of the group members in a addition to writing my own novel. My book is one of those tomb-raiding thrillers similar to the Da Vinci code.

I'm part of a writers group and right now I'm currently reading a manuscript from one of the group members in a addition to writing my own novel. My book is one of those tomb-raiding thrillers similar to the Da Vinci code.

Ooooh, that sounds really interesting!!! :D (I too want to be part of a writers group, but unfortunately, around here no one seems to be interested in writing, which is a shame..)

"The World of Whisky" is my current bedtime book... ^_^ I sooo need to go to Scotland one day or the other... :D

I just finished Watership Down by Richard Adams yesterday. I think it's my new favorite book. Sadly, I've never seen the movie, but I'm going to!

I'm reading Night Shift by Lilith Saintcrow. It's about demon hunters and the underworld, not too violent but very vivid non the less. I highly suggest it for people who like fantasy and demons and stuff like that. :D

Nothing!

But, I really want to read 'To Kill A Mockingbird' again. Absolute favorite.

Also, I want to read 'Anne of Green Gables' and 'The Lovely Bones'.. to help me sleep at night because I've been having trouble with it. And also coz they're great stories :)

I need to start reading again. I actually adore it, but don't do it often enough.

I also want to read the entire Bible sometime in my life.

I also want to read the entire Bible sometime in my life.

Me too. I've tried on several occasions, but it tends to make me so angry I can't go through with it. Which is a shame, because I really want to at least try and understand those who live by it and believe it word by word.

I'm currently reading "Time and Chance" by Sharon Penman. It's a nice historical novel about Henry II of England, told from different POV's.

I'm finally getting around to reading Stephen King's new book 11/22/63 and am about 149 pages, so I have exactly 700 pages to go. It's an interesting book so far. I do wonder how he's planning on stretching the story so far since it doesn't seem like something that would require 849 pages to tell and he's certainly not above padding, but so far so good. It was interesting to see a few of the IT characters again. I have to say that, while it has been almost 12 years since I read IT, , I don't remember Derry being such a shithole. :P

I just finished Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha, By Roddy Doyle. it was great. It has a booker prize award and it was well deserved.. you really get into the mind of a 10 year old boy.. it gives you a new perspective, and I learned a lot.

now I'm reading Khafka By the Shore, by Haruki Murakami, and it's a real page turner so far!

intresting thread. :)

I was in the bookstore today and I was so close of getting a copy of "11/22/63", but in the end, I managed to avoid the temptation for at least a little longer. Got the book "Horns" by King's son, Joe Hill, instead. I've read about a chapter so far, and... he's a decent scary story writer, he is, much better than many other out there, but... compared to his father, he's nothing. *sigh*

I'm slowly reading "The Engineer of Human Souls," by Czech-Canadian novelist Josef Skvorecky. I learned about him when I read his obituary. His fiction sounded interesting and so I decided to try one.

Okay, I'm in the middle of "Horns" by Joe Hill by now, and I can't stop reading. I read it as I'm on the computer. It's not fantastic, and it's quite weird, but I have to know what happens. Oh, and I've found some techniques he's learned from daddy; so maybe there's hope still. happy.png

(Maybe I should add that allergies have been mentioned twice so far, and there has been one sneeze; although not from allergies but from a broken nose..). ;)

Edited by Chanel_no5

Currently reading 'Dracula' by Bram Stoker... another person who doesn't realise the Dutch don't generally speak German... and the way Doctor van Helsing's sentences are constructed doesn't appear to resemble Dutch sentence structures either... [/knitpicking]

... but it's a nice book. :lol:

I just finished reading the Northern lights. I'm half through the second book now, but I got distracted by Harry Potter...

I'm nearly done 'An Irish Country Doctor' by Patrick Taylor. His characters quote far too many authors/singers, etc. for my liking, but in general, it's a good story.