Sneeze Fetish Forum

What Are You Reading Right Now

doggo

A study in scarlet - Sir Conan Doyle

My foreknowledge of Sherlock being confined to the general stereotype + the BBC series Sherlock, it's quite interesting to compare. Normally, I tend to like the book better, but so far I have to give the makers of Sherlock the credit of equalling, if not surpassing the original. Lovely read either way though. :)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Bondi

• March Hare

• TheCakeIsAlive

I'm reading "Anna Karenina". I've never read it before, and I'm amazed at how a story written in a time and place so different than the world I live in can still be so fresh and relevant.

@ shy guy: you must have a better translation than I have!

I'm reading The Labours of Hercules by Agatha Christie. Good fun. Also I've just finished two of the best children's books I've read in quite a while: Pandemonium at School and Pirate Pandemonium by Jeremy Strong. In good Dutch translations. Some of it was actually funny enough to make me laugh out loud. Brilliant.

I'm about two thirds of the way through Borrowed Time by Robert Goddard. It's the first of his thrillers I've read, and it took me a while to get into it, but it's good.

I've also been reading a lot of poetry recently, too many to list!

The Hunger Games - Catching Fire.

Me too! Actually, I just finished the first one last night and I haven't picked up Catching Fire yet, but I will be doing so shortly. :)

I'm currently reading a slightly weird story called "The non-visibles", can't remember the author's name. So far it seems promising, but I've thought that about so many books lately and then turned out to be gravely disappointed in the end, so we'll see if this one turns the tables. :lol:

I promised my family that I'd start reading Catching Fire tonight. I'm juuuuust about to start it, actually...

Edited by Paws

I'm on a Jane Austen binge. Finished Sense and Sensibility on the way home from school and just started Emma. heart.gif They're both re-reads.

Edited by Maru-chan

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and The Age of Empathy by Frans de Waal. Very good reads, all three of them.

• 2 weeks later...

How the Rich Get Thin, by Jana Klauer or something like that. I'ts what it sounds like...

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and The Age of Empathy by Frans de Waal. Very good reads, all three of them.

Oh God, The Book Thief. I wept like a baby over that book... In the middle of class, no less. XD

I finished The Hunger Games trilogy, then finished Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, and now I'm in the mid-beginning of The Sherlockian by Graham Moore. I'm finding it all right so far, and will have to see if it improves...

I'm also going to start reading A Game of Thrones after that.

The Book Thief!!!! My all-time favorite book!! I've read it twice and I'm planning on reading it again.... But right now I'm reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. Very good.

I am reading Clive Barker's Gallilea I am a couple hundred pages into it. I usually like Clive Barker's novels but I'm really not sure if I like this one. I will say, though, that if you have never read a Clive Barker novel, do not start here. :P

I've been reading Nicolle Wallace's "It's Classified". It's about a female President whose female VP turns out to be mad as a hatter. At least that's what they say. And... all I can say about this book is that, the poor VP girl should simply do two things and she would have no problem whatsoever; see a doctor and a therapist, and dump her asshole husband.

Bonus points (because food is nice) for the constant mentionings of food, drink and treats, though. Sometimes I felt like I was reading a menu and I certainly don't complain. drool.gif

Now I'm gonna go read "Exercise Tips And Tricks for Horse And Rider", which is about as boring as it sounds.

Edited by Chanel_no5

I'm currently in the middle of The Fellowship of the Ring. My goal is to finish all three books in the series, then re-read The Hobbit before December 14th rolls around.yes.gif

I'm close to the end of "The Kite Runner". It's made me cry a couple of times, sometimes even in public. xD; Sometimes I feel like his writing is too simplistic and unexciting, other times the characters and their lives really grip my heart. Overall, it's pretty good and I should probably go finish it today!

Um, book in singular? This topic has obviously never met me XD I'm currently reading The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, the 5th Harry Potter book, Peeps by Scott Westerfeld, and City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. And I just finished rereading all the Hunger Games books.

Darkest Powers Triology by Kelley Armstrong, but until I get the third book I'm rereading THG

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

I LOVED that book! I'm currently in the middle of the second book, The Wise Man's Fear. I've been reading it for several months now, but so much has gotten in the way that every time I look at the book, I get intimidated and leave it alone. XD

Re-reading The Stand for the umpteenth time, but the first time reading Steven King for years - I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it!

I'm reading Maria Chapdelaine by Louis Hémon, Fanny Goes to War by Pat Beauchamp and Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot by Al Franken. (the French book is for school, Fanny is my iPad book, and the Franken one is what I read in bed).