Sneeze Fetish Forum

What Are You Reading Right Now

doggo

I currently have several books on my reading list. The one I'm reading right now is The Secret of Excalibur, by Andy McDermott. But since I'm still writing my own book, I haven't had much time to read others, unfortunately.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Bondi

• March Hare

• TheCakeIsAlive

Currently reading my Introduction to Evolutionary Anthropology textbook and taking notes, if that counts.

In the middle of 'The Gargoyle' but have put it aside for the time being in favor of 'Catching Fire'

I read "The Gargoyle", Alexys! Is it the one about the guy on drugs who has the horrible accident? It was really good, in my opinion.

Just finished reading:

The adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and

Macbeth - Shakespeare.

Currently reading:

Le mort d'Arthur - Sir Thomas Malory

A princess of Mars - Edgar Rice Burroughs

and have made a start with Beowulf and the Canterbury Tales.

... methinks I may have picked up the habit of reading too many books at once again. :lol:

Le mort d'Arthur - Sir Thomas Malory

Oh I loved that! It was ages ago that I read it, but I remember loving it. :D

Currently reading King's "The Mist", a book about fortune telling, and "20th Century Ghosts" by Joe Hill. :)

I have several library books on my bed that I don't seem to be reading at all. The last one I touched was a biography of Mick Jagger by Marc Spitz, but I started getting less impressed with it the more I read.

Re-reading Stephen King's The Shining, but only the bits that aren't too depressing for words. I keep feeling so, so sorry for Jack Torrance and his wife and his son. :(

I just got around to starting The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I'm about halfway done.. I should finish by tomorrow if I keep reading.

I've got a pretty huge list of books to read.. It's so hard to pick which one to read next. I'm thinking of looking at Pride and Prejudice. Or maybe Charlotte's Web. Any opinions?

Just started re-reading the Hitchikers Guide. Gotta source the 5th book somewhere though since my book only goes to the 4th.

Got halfway through the last one in a hostel in Austria and have been wondering how it ended....for the last 2 years :P

"Cleo" by Helen Brown. It's like "Marley &Me," only with a cat. LOL

I'm reading some cookbooks/stories. I don't know what exactly to call them.

One is 'My Father's Daughter' by Gwenyth Paltrow.

I'm in the middle of Room by Emma Donoghue. Last night I picked it back up at 1 AM and couldn't stop reading until I read a certain part to put my nerves at ease. XD

I am on the 2nd book in the shades of greay trilogy and I am so embrassed to say I love it!

Someone SOOO needs to write some fetishy fiction about Christian!

I'm still reading Gallilee by Clive Barker. I'm almost done with it and it does get better later on in the book. It's still not one of his best and I still don't think it should be anyone's first experience with Clive Barker, but its an interesting story once he's done with all the exposition and name-dropping, which probably takes about 200 pages to finally finish and I can't remember most of that. :P

"The Magic Touch: How to Make $100,000 Per Year as a Massage Therapist" by Meagan Holub.

It's a bloody good book. :)

The Jungle by Clive Cussler and Craig Dirgo. Rats! Now I have read the whole series and have to hope they write more.

• 4 weeks later...

Was reading Doctor Who Nuclear Time ( 11th Doctor story with Amy & Rory), am now reading Prisoner of the Daleks ( 10th doctor story)

I just finished Justin Cronin's "The Passage"... quite liked it, even though the whole concept of "The Apocalyptic Virus That Kills Mankind actually means that it doesn't just kill off the human race but turns them into vampires or zombies" is utterly worn-out by now. But, it was a good read and he did pull it all together in the end; I had my doubts. :lol:

Now off to read "Eighteen Acres" by Nicolle Wallace.

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. It's okay. I really dislike the fact that it's mainly first person narrative with the odd chapter of third person narrative though.

• 1 month later...

Bumping because I need new books to read! Just finished Joe College by Tom Perrotta and Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty.

Recently finished Stephen King's Full Dark, No Stars.

Currently reading Parade's End by Ford Madox Ford, and The Pigeon by Patrick Süskind.

I'm also listening to the audiobooks Death in a White Tie by Ngaio Marsh, and the Harry Potter-series read by Stephen Fry (I'm on book two).

Bookssssss... :inlove:

Just finished:

- The Fry Chronicles (Stephen Fry)

- Artemis Fowl series up to the last book (Eoin Colfer)

- Around the world in 80 days (Jules Verne)

Currently reading:

- Five weeks in a balloon (Jules Verne)

- A Game of Thrones (George Martin)

... long train journeys :wub:

Edited by Sigrith

Finished 'Mary Tudor England's first Queen' by Anna Whitelock - a fascinating read for all those interested in History

& now to continue my History fanatical-ism i'm going to read 'A Dangerous Inheritance' the new novel by Alison Weir ( fiction).

Oooh... Weir has another novel out?? Have got to put that on my list. Oh- have you read "Innocent Traitor"?

And one more question- because I'm a Major historical fiction geek- have you read any Phillipa Gregory? If so what did you think of them? I don't think that she does very well as far as books where she has a historical setting and makes entirely her characters- but I do rather like her other books where she has established historical characters.

Aside from reading my textbook (yay!?? :P ), I'm reading the final book in the Sister's Grimm series (I'm a sucker for good children's lit., and also playful spins on fairytales), as well as "Into the Woods, and "The Art and Science of Teaching"