• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Bondi

• March Hare

• TheCakeIsAlive

Right now I am having a little fun with one absolutely GORGEOUS fanfic... :heart::love:

It includes illness, caretaking, absolutely hot and naughty conversations, intercourse, crying... and my favourite assorted weirdos. I am in love with whoever wrote this.

I am also reading King's Duma Key. :yes:

Right now i'm reading "Matilda: Queen Of The Conqueror" ( wife of William the Conqueror) by Tracy Borman, it's fascinating reading a biography on someone who was around in 11th century- even more surprising that so much information on her still exists to this day :o

• 3 weeks later...

I'm powering through The Scarlet Letter(Nathaniel Hawthorne) A Separate Peace(John Knowles) and The Wicked Years series(Gregory MacGuire) ATM, the first two of which are not for pleasure((well, The Scarlet Letter is, but thats just because I harbor intense love for Hawthorne)) but for education.

Right now I am having a little fun with one absolutely GORGEOUS fanfic... heart.giflove.gif

It includes illness, caretaking, absolutely hot and naughty conversations, intercourse, crying... and my favourite assorted weirdos. I am in love with whoever wrote this.

I am also reading King's Duma Key. yes.gif

...Where can one find this fic?

Right now I am having a little fun with one absolutely GORGEOUS fanfic... heart.giflove.gif

I am also reading King's Duma Key. yes.gif

...Where can one find this fic?

Ummm... I think it's on Fanfiction site. It's called "The Wicked Game" or something... Just goddamn well written RHPS fanfic. :yes:

• 9 months later...

The Guns of August by Barbara Tuchman,page-turner about the opening days and weeks of WW I.Five stars.

Life & Times of Michael K, by J.M. Coetzee.

I've become a bit of a fan of Coetzee lately, I absolutely loved Disgrace! And Foe was very nice too, but this one hasn't really blown my mind yet or anything. Well, we will see.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished reading, "Hearts in Alantis", by Steven King. Set in the 1960's for the most and a really good read.

I'm currently reading, "The Hollowing", by Robert Holdstock and re-reading, ""Takin' it to the streets" a sixties reader". nonfiction.

I'm reading I-Robot by Isaac Assimove or however you spell that guy's name. :P I'm reading about a couple of the short stories in that book a weekend and have two left. I'm also reading random 1980s Chris Claremont X-men issues.

I've just finished A Song of Ice and Fire (book 5) by George R. R. Martin and longing for the next part in the series. Am currently reading The Black Tulip, by Alexandre Dumas.

The Trial of Socrates by I.F. Stone (Dutch translation) and Confessions of an English Opium-Eater by Thomas 'Crashingest of Crashing Bores' De Quincey.

@Bondi: OH COME ON! What have all the sci-fi nerds in the world done to you that you put such a disturbance-in-the-Force-grade troll out there?!

I'm plowing my way through the 2nd book of 'A Song of Ice and Fire' by George RR Martin (you know...the books 'Game of Thrones' are based on.) I'm eager to get to a point beyond where the series has gone, but I'm also enjoy reliving certain parts of the story I've seen on TV.

Just finished reading Gathering Blue & Messenger, both by Lois Lowry. They're the two sequel books to her original novel The Giver. A great trilogy worth reading!

Just finished reading 'The Creation of Anne Boleyn' by Susan Bordo. It's not a biography, more like looking at her portrayals in film, tv, stage etc.. Why people are so fascinated by her, and looking at the myths that surround her. I would really recommend this to anyone who has even the slightest interest in history, as the debate about fact & fiction is terrific.

With the end of summer holidays my days as a "fuck-you-all-I-don't-need-to-eat-I'll-just-read-my-books-my-precious-yes" type of person have temporarily been stopped.

Now I'm trying to read (trying because I haven't got enough time for that) the booklet of the selected tales from Giovanni Boccaccio's "The Decameron". It features about three stories (out of ten) a day, creating a grand total of thirty stories, without, as far as I'm concerned, any subplot.

I really like it... I wish I could put my hands on the actual version, though.

I'm reading The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood.

I'm enjoying it- though it's embarrassing that I haven't finished it yet- it one of the shortest books I have seen for a while (more of a novella than a novel). I really must spend more time reading.

Currently reading The Good Soldier by Ford Madox Ford and Crime and Punishment by Dostojevskij.

Loving the former, still waiting to get properly hooked by the latter.

I'm reading The Princess Diaries: Princess Forever. It's a FANTASTIC series that I would really honestly recommend to anyone (obviously more toward girls). It's not kidish really, even though the name kind of suggests otherwise.... It's by Meg Cabot.