Sneeze Fetish Forum

What Are You Reading Right Now

doggo

Right now I am reading Stephen King's Revival and I am about 217 pages through it and I really enjoy it right now and am really interested in seeing where Stephen King takes the healing using electricity thing.

Finished it yesterday afternoon. Slightly confusing towards the end, but on the whole, it was a lot better than most things he's written the past years. :yes:

Right now I'm between books and it feels sad and empty. :rolleyes:

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Bondi

• March Hare

• TheCakeIsAlive

I have several books on my nightdesk at the moment, but the one I'm really reading is the 10th book of the House of Night -series. (Christmas present book, yay! :P ).

Currently reading Revival by Stephen King, The Key by Mats Strandberg and Sara Bergmark Elfgren, and Lord of the Flies by William Golding.

I'm thoroughly enjoying all three. :)

Edited by VoOs

Currently reading popular science book Stjärnor och äpplen som faller (Why stars and apples fall) by Ulf Danielsson (in translation). It combines parts of the history of physics/astronomy, rather brilliantly deals with some quite complex problems and is very readable regardless of your level of understanding of physics. Great way to get some introduction to big concepts in astronomy or refresh your knowledge.

Right now I am reading Stephen King's Revival and I am about 217 pages through it and I really enjoy it right now and am really interested in seeing where Stephen King takes the healing using electricity thing.

Finished it yesterday afternoon. Slightly confusing towards the end, but on the whole, it was a lot better than most things he's written the past years. yes.gif

Right now I'm between books and it feels sad and empty. rolleyes.gif

So I finished Revival today and I didn't find the ending to be too confusing. Having read some of HP Lovecraft's short stories (which can get very confusing) I could see a lot of the influence there towards the end. Overall, definitely better than stuff like Dr. Sleep and one of his better recent novels on the whole.

I'm not sure what I want to read now. I might check out some of Frank Herbert's short stories since I really enjoyed the Dune series overall and want to see more of his stuff.

I just finished Anthony Horowitz's Moriarty (straight after completing The House of Silk- the author's first delving into the Holmes universe)... I unashamedly could not put either down! I really appreciated the author's cleverness/tact in bringing aspects of Arthur Conan Doyle's original stories that I've treasured to life. And there is no such thing as too much Sherlock! :)

"Yes Please" By: Amy Poehler. It's really good, pretty funny too!

Reading Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare and I'm so in love with Jem Carstairs that I want to curl up in a ball and cry.

Edited by Melody

Reading Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare and I'm so in love with Jem Carstairs that I want to curl up in a ball and cry.

Aww... I agree! Jem is amazing! And so is Will! :wub: We need more fics about those two on here!

Aww... I agree! Jem is amazing! And so is Will! We need more fics about those two on here!

Oh my gosh yes!!! I might consider writing one once I finish the series :P

I just tore through half of "It's Kind Of A Funny Story" by Ned Vizzini in one go and only stopped because it was hitting too close to home and upsetting me. Fantastic read so far, though, one of those I want to hand to people and be like 'read this it explains the things'. (*insert The Fault in our Stars quote about the weird evangelical zeal from book here*)

Really, really great though. The best I've read so far to capture what it feels like to have suicidal ideations as a teenager.

Aww... I agree! Jem is amazing! And so is Will! We need more fics about those two on here!

Oh my gosh yes!!! I might consider writing one once I finish the series :P

That's awesome! I haven't finished the series yet, but I'd still love to read your story if you actually decide to write one! Let me know if you need a beta or anything, kay? :)

Working my way through the short stories in Stephen King's collection "Skeleton Crew". I've read it before, but it was a few years ago. I'm picking a new story each night, last night I read "Gramma" - classic King. As for tonight, I'm choosing between the deliciously revolting "Survivor Type" and "The Reaper's Image."

I just finished reading "Sabriel" by Garth Nix. It was a slow start for me, but once I hit the middle it really sped up. I can't wait to go to the library to get the second book in the series.

In the meantime I've started, "The Lost World" by Michael Crichton. It's the sequel to Jurassic Park.

• 1 month later...

I just finished reading a memoir by Margaux Fragoso called Tiger, Tiger. Trigger warning mention of sexual predators and suicide from here on by the way.

I pretty much nyoom'd through the entire 300ish pages because it was disturbingly compelling. Fragoso starts off with a prologue about Peter, who had recently killed himself at age 66. He was a pedophile and had been establishing a sexual relationship with her since she was seven. Her story is definitely not for everyone, but it was an amazing read and no matter how uncomfortable it became, I kept going because I was drawn by the way it felt so unreal and I had to know what became of the relationship between Margaux and Peter.

Her writing style is pretty artful in a way that she detaches herself and almost becomes separate from herself in the memoir. I actually met her earlier this week and she said that part of her writing process was that she had to give the her in the memoir another name in order to keep writing it, so that explains quite a bit.

I've been trying to recommend this to everyone because if nothing else, it is a very interesting and eye-opening read, and if you can handle the content, please do give it a try.

For book club I am reading To Kill a Mockingbird. I never read it when I was in school, but when I was substitute teaching 5 years ago, one of the classes I was covering for was reading it. I borrowed a copy and read it so that in case I had to cover the class again I'd be prepared to help the kids. (Also substitute teaching left me with plenty of time to read.)

For my thesis I am re-reading The Bully Society and have also recently picked up a general reader on contemporary British society, along with Norbert Elias and Modern Society, and Foucault, Power and Education. All possible cures for insomnia. :)

Right now I'm reading book 3 of the Night Prince series by Jeaniene Frost, GAWD I LOVE HER WRITING!!! It's so well thought out, she has an original series the Night Huntress Series, with supporting sub-series!!!! Ugh, this is seriously the ONLY series I've ever re-read like a thousand times!! Highly recommend it!!! Going to get a tattoo of the NHs insignia, I'm that dedicated to it!!!! wubsmiley.gif

I've recently read Dan Brown's Inferno. It deals with issues that I rather identify with. I found it an easy and compelling read with a the usual irritations due to Langdon's similarities to a certain "shaken, not stirred" character.

I've also ready Michael Lemonick's, The Georgian Star. A biography of William Herschel and his sister Caroline. It's fascinating to see the dots of history connected. He was a contemporary of many greats, which I did not fully realise before then, so that was an extra bonus. The main point, of course, was to fully realise the extent of his contributions to Astronomy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading 'The Night Land' by William Hope Hodgson. It's a book that influenced H.P. Lovecraft, and it's an utterly enthralling read.

I am reading Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind, whose name I probably misspelled. I remember seeing and enjoying the movie when I watched it back in 2007. Overall, I think the book is good, though not one of my personal favorites. I enjoy getting into the heads of the characters and getting to know how they think and how they see things, such as the main character, the perfume industry of France in the 18th century, and how things were as a whole. There are definitely some amusing parts in the book as well and the descriptions of 18th century France are exquisitely nasty. On the other hand, my sense of smell isn't the greatest (I'm more visually oriented), so a lot of the olfactory descriptions that the book tends to focus on are lost on me, particularly since a lot of the stuff are things where I don't even know how they're supposed to smell. I'm also really, really bad with French pronunciations, though I guess with both of these things, they're more problems on my end rather than problems with the book itself.

• 1 month later...

Recently discovered Oscar Wilde, read the Portrait of Dorian Gray and continued with The Importance of Being Earnest, which is rather hilarious and I'm wondering why I didn't start reading his works 10 years ago. I really should have.

In addition I've read Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (not that David Mitchell) and it was simply marvellous. Exceedingly clever book, weaving so many stories together, and thrown in a healthy dose of criticism on today's society in a part of the book that is a little post-apocalyptic, which amused me quite a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Prince of egypt fanfiction cause damn it my otp is Rameses and Moses.