• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Rook

• Kaze Wo Hiku

• SneezyHolmes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got some happy fun news concerning her job (not money wise but still fun stuff)

I saw a ladybird today :heart:

I thought this was a legit bird, but it turns out it's just British for ladybug. :lol:

I saw a ladybird today :heart:

I thought this was a legit bird, but it turns out it's just British for ladybug. :lol:

I had to consult Google for this one. :lol: Kind of sad there isn't an actual bird out there called the ladybird. At least we still have the tufted titmouse. :lol:

Popping in to rave about the latest episode of B99 which was filled with humor and classic shenanigans.

Reading through old RP threads,feeling warm and nostalgic...Also,no school.

but it turns out it's just British for ladybug.

......and/or ladybug is American for ladybird :awesum:

I'm happy because I've just listened to an Ian Dury song ("Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick") and thinking of other Ian Dury songs made me muse that this thread should be re-named "Reasons To Be Cheerful" :P

Jimmy Fallon had Billy Joel on his show and oh my God - best thing ever!!! :heart:

Also, it got me researching, and ticket prices for very good seats are reasonable...........

Other good news: my sweet kit kat is back to her charming and devilish little self.

Okay, I just need to flail for a minute.

I went to get my hair cut today, and the girl who does it is someone who I went to school with but we never really spoke at school. We didn't dislike each other, we were just in different circles with our friends and never spoke.

Whenever I go for my hair cut, we always chat about school and have really nice conversations.

Well, today, we were talking a lot and then she came out and asked for my number, saying that we should meet up more and it just... really surprised me and made me incredibly happy :lol:

I just wasn't expecting it at all, it was just such a nice gesture and I'm insanely happy at the prospect of having made a new friend.

To quote what she said:

"New year, new friends."

:heart:

Okay, I just need to flail for a minute.

I went to get my hair cut today, and the girl who does it is someone who I went to school with but we never really spoke at school. We didn't dislike each other, we were just in different circles with our friends and never spoke.

Whenever I go for my hair cut, we always chat about school and have really nice conversations.

Well, today, we were talking a lot and then she came out and asked for my number, saying that we should meet up more and it just... really surprised me and made me incredibly happy :lol:

I just wasn't expecting it at all, it was just such a nice gesture and I'm insanely happy at the prospect of having made a new friend.

To quote what she said:

"New year, new friends."

:heart:

Congratulations! *immense clapping*

I just discovered this anime, Future Diary. It's weird,freaky,and kinda scary.

...I LOVE it.

I went to a basketball game last night (playing in the pep band, fun fun fun!) and spent the entire time ogling this guy on the other team with amazing arms. Like, these arms... So muscular. It was amazing. I named him Arms. Like it wasn't even attraction per say. I was just mesmerized by Arms and his arms! :lol:

Also the other team totally slaughtered us, and it was mostly Arms' fault, but I had a good time, so it was cool. :D

I was just mesmerized by Arms and his arms!

This made me laugh so much and I have no idea why :rofl:

Can I just flail for a moment and say that I BOUGHT MYSELF A NEW NINTENDO 3DS. THE NEW,IMPROVED PERFOMANCE NEW 3DS. HELLZ YEAH.

This is so boring, but: I've been so tired lately and not only do I finally have a proper day off, but it's POURING outside, and I'm really relieved to be inside, wearing two sweaters, and doing my best slug impression. In that order.

Finally close to actually FINISHING what is probably my first properly finished work on the forum! It's been a long time coming, but hey; the fact that I can finish anything at all is an improvement for me!

I love that there are a select few people in this world that really REALLY "get" me.

The landlord at our office building finally upped his toilet paper game to 2-ply from what was essentially tree bark. My ass thanks you, Mr. Landlord.

The landlord at our office building finally upped his toilet paper game to 2-ply from what was essentially tree bark. My ass thanks you, Mr. Landlord.

This... made me laugh so hard I cried. :lmfao:

It's the little things, isn't it? :P

I did it! It wasn't the shortest 2 hour lesson. Attention spans are really, really not long. But, I at least did a couple of things that I feel good about.

I did get the students to remember a **couple** things from the story. They liked repeating some of the story parts back to me (I did it with a little bit of a "beat" to it, and kept my voice really soft so that they had to really listen to repeat it back). I was also pleased that a couple of the boys who had a very difficult time- (one kept pushing down his desk). I **did** get to be sitting for parts of the lesson. And even participating. smile emoticon No one got hurt. and all but *one* student (who was out for almost the entire lesson for extra help) shook my hand on my way out (I had told them "Pleasure to meet you." on my way out as they were having snack).

I feel pretty at peace with this. I was one of the top 4 candidates for the job. So there are 3 left to have their teaching interviews. I should know sometime next week either way.

I did it! It wasn't the shortest 2 hour lesson. Attention spans are really, really not long. But, I at least did a couple of things that I feel good about.

I did get the students to remember a **couple** things from the story. They liked repeating some of the story parts back to me (I did it with a little bit of a "beat" to it, and kept my voice really soft so that they had to really listen to repeat it back). I was also pleased that a couple of the boys who had a very difficult time- (one kept pushing down his desk). I **did** get to be sitting for parts of the lesson. And even participating. smile emoticon No one got hurt. and all but *one* student (who was out for almost the entire lesson for extra help) shook my hand on my way out (I had told them "Pleasure to meet you." on my way out as they were having snack).

I feel pretty at peace with this. I was one of the top 4 candidates for the job. So there are 3 left to have their teaching interviews. I should know sometime next week either way.

Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! :D :D :heart:

This... made me laugh so hard I cried. :lmfao:

It's the little things, isn't it? :P

I'm glad it made you laugh. I have a lot to be happy for in my life right now and for some reason THAT'S what I decided to go with. :laugh: